Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I thought that Sam looked like an old west whore and poor Robin was dressed like a poor Kadasian cousin.  

This is the best!  An old west whore!  Poor KMc.  

• Love 3

Did the hair staff get laid off? Or did only certain people get hair done? I agree with most of the fashion critiques and award fashion awards to Joss (age appropriate, nice color), Alexis (dress and hair were excellent), and Stella ( another hair and dress win).

I'm very concerned about Robert. The rest of this can go to hell.

• Love 4

Remember Lulu's dress last year? Gain a pound and I guess the wardrobe people lose their minds. "'Fat' people! They like shiny colors! It reminds them of candy bar wrappers!"

• Love 6
On 5/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't mind Dante wanting to embarrass Chase in front of their fellow cops, but to do it at the Nurses Ball in front of the whole town? That's a real asshole move. Chase hasn't done anything to Dante except replace Nathan, and that's not Chase's fault.

This probably makes it even worse but I don't think he's tricking Chase because of that, but from sheer amusement of hazing, especially because Chase is so earnest. With a side of pettiness because Chase criticized his case, heh.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I thought Carla was a better actor than some of the people on the show.

Yes and no. A one-scene cameo would have been more than enough. The fact that somehow the chef at the Metro could have another commitment at the same time as the Nurses' Ball rang completely false. It was Olivia's scheduling screwup plus Carly's mental and emotional slippage that undermined one of the most revered social events of the year in Port Charles. That said, it was far, far too late to plan a menu, secure the food and prepare it, do the table setup, etc at the last minute as Olivia requested. The patrons at the ball were paying top dollar, and thus the Metro was risking their disgust and wrath. For a ball of approximately the same size and intimacy, first lady Melania Trump worked hard with a dedicated staff for a couple of weeks at least.

Carla's endless bargaining was just another silly boring sideshow and in-joke.

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

That stupid blanket is going to be Ava's downfall and yet again Carly and Sonny are going to come out on top.  This is like Groundhog Day, only without the coolness of Bill Murray.

Somebody please explain to me like I'm Sonny about the prize clue of the baby blanket. The one that the ladies fought over--wasn't it knitted by Nelle on purpose as a copy of the original one? So the original one should still be round too, because surely no one (even Nelle) needed to destroy or discard it recently after she copied it. Nell isn't claiming that her blanket is the original one, so why were they fighting over it? Does it matter if Ava keeps her blanket, since the original is probably still tucked away in the nursey?.

Hmm Perhaps I need to get a life.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
(edited)
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Somebody please explain to me like I'm Sonny about the prize clue of the baby blanket. The one that the ladies fought over--wasn't it knitted by Nelle on purpose as a copy of the original one? So the original one should still be round too

The original isn't around.  The original was the one Bobbie knitted for baby Morgan "twenty" years ago when he was a baby.  It's either in a box of baby momentoes somewhere in one of Carly's houses or it's in the landfill since it would be in tatters after all these years. 

The current blanket, Nelle knit to mess with Carly's head because she knew it would remind Carly of the one she had when Morgan was a baby.I'm assuming Nelle found an old photo of baby Morgan with the blanket and she just followed the pattern.  (Green, white and yellow isn't really hard to replicate)  IT was dropped at the top of the stairs before the fall, it is what Ava found and is holding over Nell'es head.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

so far I've only counted one nurse at the Nurses Ball. 

And nurse's aid turned med student Kiki.  And three doctors (Griffin, Finn and Dr Letch)

I'm curious as to who will perform since Maxie is "pregnant", Lulu still has a leg injury, Sam never performs, Kiki was supposed to work.....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Nell isn't claiming that her blanket is the original one, so why were they fighting over it? Does it matter if Ava keeps her blanket, since the original is probably still tucked away in the nursey?.

If the blanket looks exactly like the one Morgan had (which Bobbie originally made), then it is not a coincidence. It would demonstrate the Nelle did something using Morgan's memory to mess with Carly. All the other incidents can then be logically tied to Nelle as possibly causing those incidents with the phone calls, the disappearing scarf, the break in at Carly' s old house with Morgan's broken picture and the note with the disappearing ink.

Plus Carly's story was that they were struggling with the blanket and Nelle says there was never any blanket plus Carly pushed her.  If they find the blanket, it casts doubts on the statement Nelle made. More importantly Michael will know that she lied, has been trying to hurt his mother so Nelle get closer to him, and is trying to set up Carly by implicating her. Any inroads Nelle made to get Michael back would be destroyef.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If the blanket looks exactly like the one Morgan had (which Bobbie originally made), then it is not a coincidence. It would demonstrate the Nelle did something using Morgan's memory to mess with Carly.

Yes and no.  The blanket doesn't have some freaky, no one else would know about it, pattern.  It's just green, white and yellow as are a lot of baby blankets when the parents don't know the gender in advance. 

34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

All the other incidents can then be logically tied to Nelle as possibly causing those incidents with the phone calls, the disappearing scarf, the break in at Carly' s old house with Morgan's broken picture and the note with the disappearing ink.

But with the exception of the phone calls, which there is evidence of on Carly's phone, which was traced to the pay phone, nothing else is real.  There is no sign of the scarf and no camera evidence that Nelle went in and out of Calry's office that day.  The house wasn't broken into since Nelle had JOss' key, the lights flickering could have been an electrical issue because of the earthquake,  The broken photo on the floor could have been because of the earthquake.  And the note with the diapearing ink, does Carly still have it for them to test to see if there was ink there in the first place?  It's Carly word against Nelle that there ever was a message on it (and Ava who nows knows about the disapearing ink)

The only problem I have is that AVa will turn up wiht the blanket and get blamed when she had nothing to do with this and was forced into it.  

• Love 4

Carly just needs her family to believe her. The cops won't think there is anything to verify Carly's story.

Jason already believes that Nelle is behind this. It will give him more motivation to prove Carly is right.

Sonny thinks right is having another breakdown and years ago, he was the one that had her  bring to mental hospital and is afraid that is happening again. I think he will only believe this is true only if Ava is found in possession of the blanket.

Joss thinks that that Carly is going after Nelle for no good reason. If she realized that Nelle has been using her friendship to hurt her mother, she might reconsider her choices in friends.

Michael doesn't believe that Carly pushed Nelle but he is in tough spot because he is worried about the baby.

What a worthless hour (Wednesday). I have a love/hate relationship with the Nurses' Ball, and this is something I forget every year: the "red carpet" kickoff show is always the low point of the whole ordeal.  It makes me want to go back to the episodes of Lucy begging people to participate and supervising rehearsals, or forward to the episodes with the bad singing and dancing. Or laterally to another channel.   

Could Finola Hughes have seemed less engaged when Anna was praising Robin for the cameras? Really, everyone seemed to be flailing in those dopey interview segments, from Howarth on. Did Stella change outfits in the car? Why didn't she just show up at Corinthos Manor dressed for the ball? Also, as usual, the ball is awkwardly wedged into the stories going on. Josslyn's ready to kick up her heels without a care in the world, when she was last seen all agitated because she thought Carly had caused Nelle's fall down the stairs.   

Then, there were all those boring inserts of Robert in captivity, which seemed to go in another episode.  

LWB's line readings are fine, but he doesn't have the most expressive face. I'm putting it kindly.  He's probably a good poker player.  

I actually thought Carla Hall was the high point. I'm on record from way back as finding the Quartermaine Cook/Cook 2 bullshit tiresome, but I enjoyed a face and voice being put to the character, and I thought for a non-actor, Carla did a good job with the 'tude and presence. I almost believed this would be someone even her employers found intimidating. However, I have a little soft spot for Carla because I watched her Top Chef season way back, even before Dominic Zamprogna was on General Hospital. It was so sad when she came apart in the finale. I'm glad she's had a lot of success since then, even if some of it is on the lame Chew.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

What a worthless hour (Wednesday). I have a love/hate relationship with the Nurses' Ball, and this is something I forget every year: the "red carpet" kickoff show is always the low point of the whole ordeal.  It makes me want to go back to the episodes of Lucy begging people to participate and supervising rehearsals, or forward to the episodes with the bad singing and dancing. Or laterally to another channel.   

I think the red carpet thing is SOOOO stupid. I was OK with it the first year, because it was the 50th anniversary and they had a some vets coming back, so I could at least see it.  But, in general, it makes no sense.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Stella's dress was great but how big is her closet that she just happened to have a formal dress like that on hand? It would take me several weeks to come up with something like that.

You mean you don't have a just-in-case formal dress on standby in your closet? Tsk tsk.

12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And the music played.

STAHP with that stupid theme. It's so overused with those two. WE GET IT, Show.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Remember Lulu's dress last year?

Was that when ER was pregnant IRL? She had an excellent sense of humor about the dress.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Michael doesn't believe that Carly pushed Nelle but he is in tough spot because he is worried about the baby.

Michael is an idiot. He can be worried about the baby and still think Nelle is lying, but apparently he's unable to hold conflicting ideas in his head. (And of course, nuance has no place on this show.)

• Love 5

I  need a break from General Hospital and the drivel they have been airing for several months now.  Fortunately, my vacation is rapidly approaching.  I won't be recording the show to watch later as I usually do.  It has been putting me to sleep so why fill up my Hopper with such a snoozefest.  Right now I can't think of even one character whose story interests me at all.  Maybe after my vacation enough of these utterly boring storylines will have wrapped up and something of interest will be happening.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyDot said:

Maybe after my vacation enough of these utterly boring storylines will have wrapped up and something of interest will be happening.

Don’t count on it ?

(edited)
7 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'm curious as to who will perform since Maxie is "pregnant", Lulu still has a leg injury, Sam never performs, Kiki was supposed to work.....

Ava, Joss and what's his name, her dull boyfriend.  Chase. I assume Emma.   Valentine.  Spinelli. Amy and Piph?  Ned and Olivia again?

Edited by ciarra

Watching the red carpet arrivals....

Best looks are Elizabeth’s dress and NLG’s hair.

Don’t care for the fabric of Robin’s dress, but I like that she wore something form-fitting. Curviness looks good on her.  

Sam looks like she works at a riverboat brothel.  

Why is Ava dressed so matronly?  LOL at the hem of her gown getting caught under the foot of the Bachelor announcer as she walked away— almost had an unscheduled wardrobe malfunction there! 

• Love 1

I actually enjoyed many parts of this episode.  I mean, I can do without Sam (who I agree looks like she is ready to entertain gentlemen upstairs at Miss Kitty's) being the one to discover what is going on with LWB, but there was minimal Sonny, no Carly, Chase was adorable in his act, Jordan and Curtis were cute, and I do love the relationship of Maxie and Peter. 

• Love 1

The Nurses Ball looks more low budget every year. I was excited to see Robin/KMc return. Although, I agree that the hair and wardrobe department seem not to give a shit about Kimberly. She's Robin Freaking Scorpio-Drake!  She deserves better. IMO, she actually looks uncomfortable. I do wish she would grow her bangs out again. 

• Love 3

Add Kim, Molly and Lulu to the bad hair club. These women are all gorgeous, why do they have such lifeless hair, especially at such a glamorous event?

Feel It Still is completely overplayed but that routine was pretty cute, and I feel weirdly proud of Chase for pulling it off and getting Dante to admit his prank misfired. I just really like Chase, he's a keeper.

Alexis looked so defeated listening to Finn confess his feelings to Anna. She and Finn may not be serious, but it's got to sting hearing him talk like that to another woman. 

Maxie and Peter are great as long as I ignore the Henrik angle, which gets more dumb with every episode. That anti-smoking PSA and Sam's discovery of the lighter was totally ham-fisted, but sure, let's sacrifice all intelligence and do whatever is necessary to allow Sam to pull Jason back onto the case.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sam's discovery of the lighter was totally ham-fisted, but sure, let's sacrifice all intelligence and do whatever is necessary to allow Sam to pull Jason back onto the case.

Well, at least it was Sam that found it and not Jason.  Or Spinelli.  Or Franco.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sam had to be the one to figure out Peter is connected to Faison to justify the 'Sam is the bestest PI' angle the show is selling.

Although I admit that I was disappointed  that Henrik will be found out now because I was enjoying Peter and his competence.

Will Sam tell Drew that she's found the man who is holding his memories? Or only Jason?

Can Carly be in jail for every Nurses' Ball please?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam had to be the one to figure out Peter is connected to Faison to justify the 'Sam is the bestest PI' angle the show is selling.

Although I admit that I was disappointed  that Henrik will be found out now because I was enjoying Peter and his competence.

Will Sam tell Drew that she's found the man who is holding his memories? Or only Jason?

She's not saying shit.  She has lied to Drew for months and is doing it again with Peter/working at Aurora.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Linny said:

I just really like Chase, he's a keeper.

I'm still shocked what a good job they did introducing Chase and easing him into the show, a complete 180 from what they've done/have been doing with LWB/FS.

Speaking of new characters, didn't see today - did the llama make it three for three?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Fixed it for you: 

• Love 14

Meh.  The only contract nurse on the show (Elizabeth) was not part of the opening GH nurses ball act?!  WTF?

Robin looks frumpy, Sam looks like she's working the red light district, Nina's dress is way too tight, Lulu always looks like she's wearing two sizes too big and Lucy is way over the top.  

Alexis looked amazing.  Anna looked horrible.  Chase, Dante, parking lot Peter and Valentine all looked nice in their suits.

Emma is so big!

*Snort* Here comes another round of Julexis after Alexis finds out that Finn (double snort) has the hots for Anna.  Nothing says love in the afternoon like Julian trying to slice Alexis' throat and serial killer rapist Franco slobbering all over Elizabeth!  Blech.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

For a ball of approximately the same size and intimacy, first lady Melania Trump worked hard with a dedicated staff for a couple of weeks at least.

CS_5HLid_400x400.jpg

Is Kirk Valentin singing again? Because I might tune in to see Robin but I just can't deal with that.

• Love 4

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the acts today. "Everyday People " hits a chord in this time of increasing tribalism  (although it made me sad that when the song came out there was so much optimism and now it's just mean-spiritedness). And Chase is a keeper. He might be good for Kiki down the line.

But I never know how to classify the Nurses' Ball. Everyone on the show acts like it's at the same level as a Royal Performance but because the acts are performed by the characters of the show like Curtis' magic act or Mr. Marbles, most of it comes off like the end of camp performance night.

• Love 4

I was legit surprised to see Lulu there, so props to ER for slogging through the event in formalwear with a broken foot. Though I guess she'd likely spend most of it sitting down no matter what.

JZ's dancing gave me some secondhand embarrassment, but I'd rather see her than those overly cheerful ringer dancers.

Way to sacrifice, Sonny, by accompanying your sick father to the biggest social event of the Port Charles calendar instead of telling your jailed wife you think she's losing it.

LOL at Maxie's goggle-eye look when Nina told her she was performing.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I had to laugh when Sam was so obviously lurking while Peter and Valentin were talking. Way to be inconspicuous.

Oh, Curtis. A public proposal? You're lucky Jordan didn't leave you hanging and said yes. Ugh. I did love Mike asking Stella if she was one of the complications for Jordan and Curtis. I'm glad someone kind of put her in her place on that.

• Love 5

Is it a "thing" for women to get all dolled up for a formal event and not even bother to brush their hair?  Because Nina's hair looked a mess. My kid goes to school with un-brushed hair every day - I really have no clue when it was last combed or brushed - but he's a 15-year-old boy, and it's school. Even he would make an attempt to tidy it up if he were going to a formal event.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm still shocked what a good job they did introducing Chase and easing him into the show, a complete 180 from what they've done/have been doing with LWB/FS.

I think it's because they had a story planned for Peter and none for Chase. It's a Dante and Ethan situation. (NP auditioned for Dante, they liked NP and created Ethan for him. JS auditioned for Peter, same thing.)

• Love 1
(edited)

But would FS have been shoved down our throats like this if he wasn't played by LWB?

ETA...also, funny how the audience seems to be responding to the guy the casting department found and not the guy Frank found in the parking lot.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But would FS have been shoved down our throats like this if he wasn't played by LWB?

ETA...also, funny how the audience seems to be responding to the guy the casting department found and not the guy Frank found in the parking lot.

I don't know if JS wasn't a Frank hire either though. 

As to your first question, good point. I don't know.

Aw, Chase was so excited to perform with Dante. He should have punched Dante in the face lol before shaking his hand, even though it was cute when evil Dante stood up and clapped for him.

Curtis can even pull off a glittery suit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 11:52 AM, Sake614 said:

then I suggest you never go into show business because almost EVERYONE smokes lol! I used to see the actors outside the OLTL studio in NY, and even those I would have sworn weren't smokers, were out there lighting up during breaks.

I wonder could they use a breath mint or something like that for those who don't like it.  I guess the guys who played Tony and AJ smoke too and so didn't mind.   Seems it must be that Sam does not smoke.  LOL.  It is so known to be unhealthy it has gone out of favor - and actors would not want any of the aging effects.  Yet it might help them stay thin.  

Wow. Saw a close up of Kim's dress today. Seriously, where on Earth did these gowns come from? Do the actresses get some kind of hazard pay for wearing them? Is it an acting challenge/exercise to wear atrocities while attempting to emote? I felt real embarrassment for some of these people.

Valentin is such a drama queen. He has zero levels of chill. There is no intimidation factor so how can he be any type of villain? He and Nelle lack any believable skills for scheming or villainy. They're just lame and annoying.

There is a lot of musical talent in the cast, hopefully they get to use it in a better venue.

Reading the explanations here of Nelle and the blanket made my head hurt, not because they were poorly written but because the situation is so damn stupid.

Mike is really charming and I'm going to miss Max Gail when his storyline concludes.

BlancheDevoreaux I wonder how many here know who Miss Kitty is?

I would prefer watching a hour of  Robert Scorpio in the peeling paint room of captivity to another second of the Nurses Ball. Doesn't a ball usually have dancing in a ballroom? Not that I want to see anyone dancing but what makes this event a ball? It's a fundraising talent show.

Question: One year in lieu of the actual Nurses Ball didn't GH just ask for contributions to the cause?

• Love 2
(edited)

Bob Guza would ice Valentin in the most humiliating way possible.

Not saying I condone all of his shitty, vindictive methods over the years, I'm just saying: He'd do it, and I'd enjoy it.

Why does Peeta have Backstreet Boys Nick Carter hair from 1998? This is why people don't take soaps seriously; scenes like that where people act a fool or look ridiculous. He looks like he is playing Big Boy Exec. And JPS - I'm sorry, I can't, the character is ridiculous and his performances are just, a lot. Either incredibly emotional and weepy or... that. He looked like he was doing interpretive dance at one point.

Of course Griffin's pointless, needless ass is on this. Griffin, the godly, pious man who fucks murderous Ava. I could get Griffin to lend me a thousand bucks tonight.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Kim looked like a fake Xmas tree in that dress, you know, the old foil ones from the 70's?  Blue earrings with it were a weird choice, too.

Molly's hair was limp.   I didn't see TJ.   Spooning up chili at Kelly's?

Finn declared his love for Anna, that means Hayden and baby should be back any minute. 

• Love 3

So, Alexis was in love-love with Finn? I must have missed that storyline. That said, NLG did a great job of acting crushed. I guess the hair department was given off for the Nurses Ball or they are strike, right? I have never seen such awful hair. MS hair looked amazing but I think most of hers are extensions. If not, it’s amazing hair. NLG hair looked good, too. I’ll give KMc a pass since she just had a baby but her dress was awful. I think they used some of that fabric for Kim’s dress. Lucy looked good as usual. It helps she has a great body. I thought the opening production number was well done. The funny thing is that I don’t think any of those people are on contract. How embarrassing for this show. 

• Love 2

How ridiculous that Maxie is at the Ball. No woman would want her pregnancy figure outed in such a sparkling form-fitting dress. And her doctor Kim's dress looked like curtains from the dusty front parlor pressed into duty for the evening, with clashing blue earrings, yet!

In past years the Ball has seen impromptu proposals and even a wedding, right? It's abuse in my opinion to propose to someone in public hoping the lucky one will appreciate the gesture and consent. That said, Jordan doesn't deserve Curtis because she flirts whenever an eligible man walks across the room. What happened to her hacking cough, and why were we subjected to it?                                                                      

I wonder if many more GH cast members started sporting bandages, sprains, breaks, pregnancies, and injuries in real life because they wanted excuses to avoid performing at the fictional ball? Leslie Charles fell over her dog too, and was absent.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I wonder if many more GH cast members started sporting bandages, sprains, breaks, pregnancies, and injuries in real life because they wanted excuses to avoid performing at the fictional ball? Leslie Charles fell over her dog too, and was absent.

IIRC, Monica - who is the hospital's chief of staff AND whose family owns the hospital (hey, remember how the Q's bought the hospital and it never comes up?) - wasn't deemed necessary to be on-screen last year so I don't think it's just an injury thing in this case.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3