Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What was that??  It was so bad and I was cringing and wondering why.  Just so awful in so very many ways.  Then Franco's all, gotta go, and Drew's all, yeah whatever and I'm all, what the effing eff.  

I guess FV thinks it is emmy reel material? But why? Did they have to do the cheek touch? :cries like Franco:

• Love 4

I guess Liz had to bring up Sabrina with Felix since pretty much his only claim to fame is being Sabrina's BFF, but it's so annoying that of all the characters Liz might miss and want at her wedding (like her brother, her sister, or Nikolas) it's fucking SABRINA that gets a shout-out. It's time to let her rest in peace, ffs.

I said weeks ago that Franco would likely remember something to vindicate him and apparently we're finally getting there. I could have lived without Franco swooning in the stairwell but at least this is progress, and maybe soon we'll close the chapter of Franco's childhood and hurtle forward into the next crisis to grip Franco's fragile psyche.

Bless Cam's heart for saying that Liz puts her kids before anything else. He knows as well as we do that Liz puts Jake and Franco before anything else, but it was nice of him to pretend otherwise.

Kiki never leaves home without her sanctimonious attitude for Ava, does she? She needs to ditch that nasty tone and that fugly dress posthaste.

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Bless Cam's heart for saying that Liz puts her kids before anything else. He knows as well as we do that Liz puts Jake and Franco before anything else, but it was nice of him to pretend otherwise.

Cam's remark that Jake only cares about Franco being in the family was quite telling, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did they have to do the cheek touch?

And why was the camera right up his left nostril.  At first I couldn't figure out if he was crying or laughing or having a stroke.  Then it backed up a little and I realized he was crying and then the fact that Drew didn't immediately push him off, like a sane person would have done.  All of it was some of the worst UGH, and I thought it was just my absolute hatred of all things Franco, but it's good to see I wasn't the only one.  

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Ava the devil in this scenario? 

I;m pretty sure that Kiki beleives that losing custody of Avery is Ava's punishment for what happened with Morgan.  Ergo, Ava should just forget she had a second daughter and never try to see her or find out what's happenign with her, or have a sleepover with her.  

• Love 4
(edited)

It would have been one thing if Sabrina was the only one of Liz's friends mentioned, but she said, "the only person I wish was here that isn't is Sabrina". Really??? Really?? She couldn't have just said, hey, wish Sabrina was here?? I feel like they're trolling the audience with lines like that.

Lulu's reporting on the dance? Does this mean Oscar will get killed???

But really, I actually don't like the reporting, but because on a soap it appears very contrived and pushed in, much like Anna's lone WSB agent status. In fact it would have been a perfect opportunity to use the Haunted Star for the dance.

Scotty: [Griffin] has no personality!

Shout-out! They should just pair Scotty and Ava.

I don't get why they have Kiki randomly sniping at Ava again. She just did it yesterday. And is this really so bad? This is what she's getting snippy about?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Lulu's reporting on the dance?

OMG, I thought that was like a reporter on the school's paper, HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait, you mean this isn't beneath her?  I guess the gender fluid kid makes it a big enough story in Lulu, Girl Reporter's, eyes.

• Love 2

What Lulu should be doing is getting tips from whoever is running the school's paper, who at this point in the school year would have more boots on the ground experience than Lulu.

Also, conflict of interest much, Lulu, doing a fawning profile about a relative?

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What Lulu should be doing is getting tips from whoever is running the school's paper, who at this point in the school year would have more boots on the ground experience than Lulu.

LOL. It's so true. The second grader writing her class newsletter would have more experience than Lulu at this point.

• Love 4

Now that I've seen the episode...

I had to laugh at Curtis's expressions when Greg Evigan was yelling at him for breaking into the trailer. He looked totally guilty!

Poor Elizabeth. Her pre-bridal party consists of Pip (okay, she's legit), Felix (where has he been?), and Lauren, with a gushy mention of dead Sabrina. I had to stop and think why Lauren would even be there, and then Elizabeth mentioned the Franco connection. Heh.

"He's growing up so fast. I don't know where the time goes." Neither do we, Elizabeth, given that Cameron is at least six years younger than Molly (among others), who was born a year after he was.

Since we've gotten a few more clues, I'm going to mention my suspicion that I think Greg Evigan is fracking, and that's what causes the earthquake. Unless he's drilling for the Endgame lab, that is, which is entirely possible.

• Love 5

I don't think the Charles Street story is terrible, but it may be overly ambitious for a daytime soap with the present-day budget restrictions. It's a complex issue, and we're mostly seeing it handled with people walking into a pub and saying, "They turned my hot water off!" It doesn't affect anyone we'd ever see at home anyway, as the show's well-to-do main characters are all scattered around in their luxury accommodations (even though they can get anywhere in town immediately via wormhole). So I like the idea of a shady developer influencing local politics, and some politically conscious characters (Alexis, Stella, Molly/TJ) opposing him, but I can't give them more than a "C-plus" on the execution.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone thinks otherwise. But that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to see her own daughter. As usual for me, it's the rampant hypocrisy that makes this so aggravating. Sonny and Carly aren't exactly paradigms of parenthood. Also, why hasn't Ava done more to get custody of Avery? Give me some reason, Show, so at least every time Ava whines about not seeing Avery I don't have to stop myself from screaming at the TV, "THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, YOU NITWIT!!!!" Gah.

Why in the world is Ava at this stupid wedding instead of spending the precious few hours that she could have with Avery? When was the last time that she has been around Avery for more than 10 minutes? Instead she is at this stupid wedding, and Avery is at her place with the nanny and by the time that Ava leaves this stupid wedding, Avery would probably be asleep. If she really wanted to go to this stupid wedding, she should have arranged for her day with Avery for another day.

Speaking of this stupid wedding, why does it feel like deja vu from Liz's last wedding attempt to Drew including Pip and Felix toasting Liz while Cameron wanting to talk to the groom. I think it is the same church and the same room where Liz got ready last time.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think the Charles Street story is terrible, but it may be overly ambitious for a daytime soap with the present-day budget restrictions.

They're making it an umbrella story, which is part of the problem, IMO. The political aspect was enough. We don't need Greg Evigan to be connected to Franco. 

5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Why in the world is Ava at this stupid wedding instead of spending the precious few hours that she could have with Avery?

She promised Franco she'd be there, and Griffin is blinded by her sacrifice. (That is not sarcasm, regrettably.)

54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is there oil or natural gas in that part of New York that would make it realistic to be fracking?

Yes. Turns out fracking is illegal in NYS, so Greg Evigan doing it on the sly is actually a decent story. 

• Love 4
On 2/19/2018 at 4:49 PM, nilyank said:

I was waiting for Anna to grab the statue and smash it to reveal the secret message inside.

I’m catching up on Hulu, so I’m a bit behind.  

At least x-ray the darn thing. 

Did this storyline already end?  Shhh, don’t spoil it for me. ;) 

• Love 2
(edited)

Have Felix and Elizabeth had a scene together since Sabrina's funeral? The cast is so diminished that we can't even get a scene of Elizabeth seeing just two girlfriends whispering, ask them to  talk to her and get a line like, "Elizabeth, ggggirl, we love you and that's why we can't go through with watching you marry Franco."  

Cameron's lines make sense. He adores Elizabeth because she has been raising and loving them, as opposed to all the people who have left them in the years since Aiden's birth (for whatever reason): Dad (Lucky), JakesonDrew, Ric, Uncle Steven, Aunt Hayden, Uncle Nikolas, and Grandma Laura.  He wants his family to be stable/for his mother not to cry and feel alone as she has after every guy walks out on her, so he tells her he wants her to have someone who loves her (I certainly took note that he didn't endorse Franco). He stated the obvious about Jake's feelings regarding Franco, and I totally believe that Aiden is just thinking of this as a party (a.k.a, not attached to Franco). 

Hopefully, something happens so that this wedding is off forever.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

I laughed when Bobby cried on Andy in the stairwell. Probably not the dramatic moment they were hoping for, but the most entertainment I've gotten from this bullshit. Totally saw it coming and I'm sure we will soon move on to them bff-ing over having been abused by developer dude.

PS. Finn, please choose Alexis cuz I cannot stand one more minute of you and Anna's game of chicken and mopey wuv faces.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

PS. Finn, please choose Alexis cuz I cannot stand one more minute of you and Anna's game of chicken and mopey wuv faces. 

I can't stand that they'd clear this nonsense up if someone just said something. Use your words, you idiots!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Since we've gotten a few more clues, I'm going to mention my suspicion that I think Greg Evigan is fracking, and that's what causes the earthquake. Unless he's drilling for the Endgame lab, that is, which is entirely possible.

Yes, it's always a yes from me when we're talking about the ENDGAME lab.  But that begs the question - whose lock of hair is Greg Evigan wearing on a chain around his neck?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I was thinking that the only thing worse than this painful rom-com of misunderstandings and futile noble gestures between Finn and Anna would be Alexis doing her usual pratfalls and stutters as she falls in lust with Finn.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"He's growing up so fast.

This made me laugh, because I thought, no he's not.  Based on everyone else's SORAS, Cam should be in college by now and not perpetually 12 yrs old.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She promised Franco she'd be there,

And she's loaning out the gallery to them for the reception.  

8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Have Felix and Elizabeth had a scene together since Sabrina's funeral?

When Liz said, "you know who should be here', my thought was Robin?  Or any of her family members over the age of 12?  

49 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Oh please is there a chance that Franco will leave another woman at the altar,

Uhm, I'm sorry, but this time, Liz should be the one to dump his serial killing ass at the altar.  

Also, what is the point of this Greg Evigan part of the story?  Franco forced Drew down the stairs so they could hide from JIm who was abusing them?  That will not redeem Franco.  Nothing will.  He's still a serial killer who killed for fun.  NO matter the brain tumour or the abuse.  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But that begs the question - whose lock of hair is Greg Evigan wearing on a chain around his neck?

Helena's, of course.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Also, what is the point of this Greg Evigan part of the story?  Franco forced Drew down the stairs so they could hide from JIm who was abusing them?  That will not redeem Franco.  Nothing will.  He's still a serial killer who killed for fun.  NO matter the brain tumour or the abuse.  

I don't think this part of the story is about redemption, necessarily. I think it's about Franco being reassured that he wasn't OMG TEH EVUL from the start. It's for his peace of mind. I couldn't care less about any of this, because SERIAL KILLER, but the show keeps insisting we're are supposed to care that poor widdle Franco had a bad childhood. We already have Sonny blathering on about his; I don't need to hear another sob story. A terrible childhood is not an excuse for terrible behavior as an adult, Show!

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

...the show keeps insisting we're are supposed to care that poor widdle Franco had a bad childhood. We already have Sonny blathering on about his; I don't need to hear another sob story. A terrible childhood is not an excuse for terrible behavior as an adult, Show!

This.

Franco as an enfant terrible is not amusing or entertaining. Franco is a bore and a travesty as a potential groom for a decent woman like Liz. His "art" is pathetic. Attempts to redeem him (such as paying for Kiki's medical school training) are transparently dishonest bribes from the show writers.

Get rid of him, Show.

• Love 7

Speaking of this stupid wedding, why does it feel like deja vu from Liz's last wedding attempt to Drew including Pip and Felix toasting Liz while Cameron wanting to talk to the groom. I think it is the same church and the same room where Liz got ready last time.

It looks like the props folks spent more time preparing decorations for Scout's first birthday party than for the wedding. 

The worst thing about having to watch my favorite character serve as nothing more than a cardboard cut-out prop for a disgusting character is just thinking about HOW CLOSE tptb had Liz and AJ married.  Instead the viewers were *treated* to a couple of years of an ugly-lazy-waste-of-breath son-of-a-corinthos spoiled brat dating a mother/daughter combo. 

• Love 3
On 2/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, dubbel zout said:

They light for the sets, not the actors, which probably has a lot to do with it. 

You are right, half the scenes today had the light blue lighting coming off the actors' teeth. Even a little off Sonya and Becky.

I know I need to grow up, but every time I see Greg all I can think of is [singing] "Places new and ladies, too, I'm B.J. McKay and this is my best friend Bear."

I know Chloe the actress is doing all she can with the writing, but Nelle is so....blah.....

I think the issues with the fight at the Floating Rib are budget based

• Love 1

I can't even with Franco claiming he's "clearly" controlled his violent impulses since the tumor was removed.  YOU STABBED HEATHER LIKE FOUR MONTHS LATER!!!

Liz's boys were supposed to spend the night...at Bobbie's?  So apparently Audrey wasn't even allowed to come to the wedding off-screen?

Shut up, Jason.  Carly has NEVER learned from her mistakes.  And what Nelle has done is a DROP in the bucket to Carly's sins over the years.

Oh Scotty, I love you, but demonizing Kevin to defend Franco is not a good look.

EARTHQUAKE!!!

• Love 8

I can't be the only one wondering who wrote Jason's delusional line to Carly: "You learn from your mistakes, Nelle doesn't."  I just can't with all of his Carly propping. UGH.

Carly seeking out Nelle to warn/threaten her right after the talk with Jason proves yet again that Carly has not learned from her mistakes. My speculation is her hatred toward Nelle leads toward a miscarriage.

Nelle's a big bad again because she gave a dress from Crimson's closet to Josslyn,  Oooohhh *rolling my eyes.* That lame, staged stunt by the sketchy-looking kid to prop Drew, Kim and Sam as parents/chaperones and then the 4 exes all having their cute "moment" just as the Port Charles-wide trauma-drama starts is also eye-roll worthy.

Michael is definitely a Stupid. Little. Shit. It doesn't dawn on him that by deciding to name Jason as  guardian of the baby, they are turning the baby over to Carly.  

Scotty is an ass for trash talking Kevin (dude you had an affair with Kevin's wife!), but at least Liz knows, yet again, that Franco is keeping something important to himself. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can't be the only one wondering who wrote Jason's delusional line to Carly: "You learn from your mistakes, Nelle doesn't." 

Only if learn from her mistakes = stay with Sonny.

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

at least Liz knows, yet again, that Franco is keeping something important to himself. 

But she'll likely forgive him—again—so who cares?

It's not drama when the same thing happens with no change, Show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even with Franco claiming he's "clearly" controlled his violent impulses since the tumor was removed.  YOU STABBED HEATHER LIKE FOUR MONTHS LATER!!!

Wasn't he planning to murder the Canadian neighbor who realized that he and Nina kidnapped Avery?  From what I remember, the only reason that he didn't was because the police caught up to them as he was heading out the door to murder her.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

It's absolutely in character for Michael to choose Jason as the guardian of his child, but I also think it's absolutely the wrong choice. He's dooming his kid to in the crosshair of the mob business and also directly in Carly's purview (because where there's a Jason, there's a Carly), and hello, Dante and Lulu are OBVIOUSLY the superior option. Sure, they've got their hands full, but they can also provide a safe, loving home.

That party was lame and really without a point. We met a couple of gender non-conforming kids for the first (and likely last) time, Joss got one measly paint splatter on her dress, and GH got to give itself a pat on the back for being inclusive by taking a five minute breather from the straight, cis characters that dominate 98% of the show.

I'm going to give Liz credit for remaining calm and handling the dismantling of the wedding on her own. And really, Franco didn't at all consider pausing his fruitless questioning of Jim to check in with Liz? He may be rattled right now but he knows Liz is waiting for him, and yet getting to her is not at all his priority.

Somebody better die from this earthquake, is all I'm saying. 

• Love 4

I need Michael to die.  Just when I think he can't be any stupider, he decides that a brain injured hit man who lives alone is the right person to raise his child.  The character doesn't even have the benefit of being played by an actor who is interesting on screen.

You don't learn from  your mistakes. You don't, you lie and you manipulate,  it blows up in  your face and then you do it again.

Carly said that to Nelle but there is no better description of Carly herself.  Carly accuses Nelle of that manipulation because that's what Carly herself would do. So shut up Jason. You've enabled her for decades.

A boring episode for a Friday. At least Franco didn't believe Evil BJ, how is a designer model dress only "four figures"?  Why should Jason be glad Danny wants to sleep at his place if Danny appears to be desperate to sleep anywhere but home (e.g. Monica's)?

At least we got shirtless Curtis.  That's soapy.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I need Michael to die.  Just when I think he can't be any stupider, he decides that a brain injured hit man who lives alone is the right person to raise his child.  The character doesn't even have the benefit of being played by an actor who is interesting on screen.

Why is it an automatic that the baby would go to anyone in Michael's family? Nelle has no trusted friends or not-Frank-Benson family?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is it an automatic that the baby would go to anyone in Michael's family? Nelle has no trusted friends or not-Frank-Benson family?

These are rhetorical questions, right? ;-)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think this part of the story is about redemption, necessarily. I think it's about Franco being reassured that he wasn't OMG TEH EVUL from the start. It's for his peace of mind. I couldn't care less about any of this, because SERIAL KILLER, but the show keeps insisting we're are supposed to care that poor widdle Franco had a bad childhood. We already have Sonny blathering on about his; I don't need to hear another sob story. A terrible childhood is not an excuse for terrible behavior as an adult, Show!

I like the character of Franco post James Franco.  RH is a great actor but he can only do so much considering James Franco's Franco's past.  This is why RH's Franco needs to be a victim of the evil "memory mapping" plot.  Having RH's Franco been implanted with the memories of JF's Franco's serial killer memories would redeem RH's Franco.  He never was a serial killer in the first place.  His lawyer, Diane Miller, brought his brain tumor into court in a jar.  What if she still has the tumor/jar on a shelf in her office?  Andre could examine the tumor and find that it had grown around a microchip that had been implanted in his brain.  Helena had been controlling Drew/Jason with an implanted microchip in his brain.  JF's Franco could have had plastic surgery to look like RH's Franco and was Helena's original "Soldier Boy".  The Critton-Clark clinic was the center of this.  Robin was held there, this is where Nina woke up from her 29 year coma and Jason/Drew, Stavoros and Helena were frozen there.  Too much went on there that was never really explained.  

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nelle really needs a Kimberly Andrews-esque friend to sweep in, be more entertaining, and start putting some of these people in their places.  She can start by telling Carly she has a voice like a foghorn. #ohkimmie

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And why does Michael get to decide?  

But, sure, yeah, the Holy Hitman is the *perfect* guardian for a child.  He probably still has all the old Africa picture books Michael used to love in his box of pain.

• Love 3
(edited)

Camera needed to back away about ten steps from Oscar's teeth in the in opening scene. 

How would Jason even know Nelle doesn't learn from her mistakes? Has he even met her?

I don't think they did a bad job with the earthquake. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And why does Michael get to decide?  

But, sure, yeah, the Holy Hitman is the *perfect* guardian for a child.  He probably still has all the old Africa picture books Michael used to love in his box of pain.

I don't like Nelle, but shouldn't she get some say in the matter who is going to raise her child if she dies? She barely knows Jason but at the same time she must know enough to know that if Jason is allowed to raise her child it's as good as Carly having custody.

• Love 14

I think Jason met Nelle once on that cold day when she was freezing and showed up at Sonny's place.  But he knows nothong about her except what Carly says. If he thinks that everything Carly says is true, he's even more brain damaged than I thought.

27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

She told Michael that there was no one in her family that she could leave the baby with.  I guess they're still playing with the "poor little poor girl" trope.

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Michael picking Jason for guardianship is dumb based on age alone. He might as well give guardianship to Carly then.

Nelle pretty much said "anyone but Carly".  But as @Bringonthedrama said, giving Jason the baby is giving it to Carly.  Where does Michael think the baby is going to stay while Jason follows his orders from Sonny to kill another one of his enemies?  Such a great way to grow up.

There are so few characters on the show of an age to raise a baby who are connected to Michael.  Molly and TJ are too young, Kiki is possible but too distant from Michael (and again, too under Sonny and Carly's thumbs).  The Quartermaine Day Care is the sensible place to leave the child but heaven help that baby if Olivia gets her hands on it.  Sam and Drew is also logical since they have Danny and Scout but Drew is the same age as Jason without the Baby Whisperer aspect.  Lulu and Dante?  Keeping it in the Corinthos family.

I'm impressed that Joss knew who Jackson Pollock is. But that stain looked more Rothko than Pollock.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

How would Jason even know Nelle doesn't learn from her mistakes? Has he even met her?

Carly dislikes Nelle; isn't that enough?

Nelle has learned from at least one mistake: She's not going to drug Sonny again and claim they slept together. Carly typically tries a variation of the same dumb scheme that didn't work the first (or fourth) time.

14 minutes ago, missyb said:

Did Nell die or is dying ?  I haven't been watching for awhile and talk of guardianship got me thinking.

Well, earthquake, so it's a big anvil for that. (Or trying to be.) IRL, being a responsible parent includes figuring out who one's child's guardian will be as early as possible, so that if said guardian is ever needed, the transition will be as smooth as possible. Not that any of this prevents a custody battle on a soap. But I can't ding anyone for having the discussion at this point.

• Love 3

The town exploded but I have a feeling that no one that I want to die will die because of it so again as usual I am not impressed by this and also how in the f*** does a town explode like this anyway what are they trying to imply that Port Charles was built on some ancient secret Mayan burial ground and the ghosts are now pissed off and are coming back for revenge or is there a erupting volcano underneath it now seriously WTF by a billion.

Joss and Oscar getting stuck in a freezer is fitting because those kids act frozen and devoid of emotion anyway so I'm not sure we'll be able to tell a difference if they actually turn into blocks of ice. What a pitiful party and boring setup where was the fun and the entertainment it was like a cheap Elementary School dance but with teenagers and what a sh*tty bully they came up with that kid should have had his ass kicked a long time ago who would let that kind of punk bully them for real.

Jason can't even guarantee that he'll be around a parent his own damn kids and someone wants to make him a guardian but Michael is an idiot and refuses to learn any lessons that the further away he keeps himself and any potential offspring from the Mob or his really crappy parents or pseudo parents the better. None of these people should have children or even be allowed access to children they offer kids nothing but a dangerous lifestyle and emotional and mental anguish and Michael is old enough and has gone through enough that he should know better than anyone else what kind of lifestyle he could potentially be cursing that kid to endure or does he not remember his own murder story that got him thrown in prison that then got him raped that turned him into a tortured broken person that is still only half healed. This is just some stupid ass sh*t and he should f*cking know better.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Nelle responded to Michael that she doesn't have any family; he is thinking of their mortality from seeing Sonny dealing with Mike's dementia). Michael started to respond with his thoughts, and Nelle said he better not be thinking about turning their child over to his mother. We don't see the rest of their conversation; cut to Michael meeting up with Jason in the Quartermaine mansion. Jason had received a text from Michael, but didn't tell Carly he was leaving their pep talk to go see Michael.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
41 minutes ago, missyb said:

Did Nell die or is dying ?  I haven't been watching for awhile and talk of guardianship got me thinking.

Michael brought up the discussion, saying watching Sonny and Mike had spurred it. I guess seeing Mike so frail and in need of help made Michael realize Nelle's and his own mortality.

But as @dubbel zout said, it's a discussion every responsible parent should have when they learn they're going to have a baby, and again as the situation changes.

• Love 2