Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sorry guys, I get that this is a retcon, but Nathan being Faison's son is just a big nope.  I personally have been able to buy Dr. O having regrets and having grown to care about her children later in life, but she would not have particularly cared about Faison's influence on Britt and/or Nathan at that time - in fact, she would have thought they would have benefited from it! - and she absolutely would have presented a male heir to him to solidify their relationship.

I also didn't understand Nathan being all, "God knows what I inherited" re: being Faison's son.  Because 1) it's not like being a Cassadine scion was great shakes and 2) he's never judged Britt for having Faison as a father, he's never acted like she's tainted.

3) His mutter isn't exactly the patron saint of virtue here.

• Love 7

"Jax is a dream come true and Sonny is a nightmare" is the most succinctly honest thing to ever come out of Carly's mouth. If only she'd finished that statement with "and I'm the grotesque monster hiding under your bed, so of course Sonny and I are a perfect match!" It is bullshit how she romanticized her and Sonny's relationship as if they were secretly pining for each other for years before getting together again. Nah, she seemed pretty okay fucking Sonny when it was convenient while they both had serious relationships with other partners. And the comparison of Jax/Carly/Sonny to Jason/Sam/Drew fails because as Sam said, she isn't a massively selfish hell beast like Carly is. 

I'm a giant shrug on Nathan's paternity reveal, it just feels too easy for him to be Faison's son. I did wish Spinelli would shut up about how it affects Georgie (because it doesn't, really) and stop his nauseating display of deference to Sonny and Jason.

We've firmly established Sam is happy with Drew, and I'm a fan of them so it's cool, but I do wish we'd get some forward momentum in uncovering Drew's background. That Christmas ornament with his memories stored in it still hanging out somewhere? Because it's time to get the ball moving in this storyline beyond "Drew doesn't know who he is but he does have Sam."

• Love 13

So Detective  Driftwood is now Faison's son for no reason I can grasp other than the show didn't care enough to be original or believable as usual. This show hasn't given out reasonable paternity results in quite some time now.

Is there some reason they're acting like he has some sort of genetic defect/s that he could pass on to the baby?

Sure he's an evil sack of unstable terror, but both his kids, while not perfect, aren't exactly out there hunting young damsels in the dark of night to feast upon their supple flesh so...perhaps chill out a bit and just chalk this unwanted but unimportant news up to having a crappy sperm donor who has absolutely no affect on your  real life and offspring?

Oh sorry, I was thinking logically for a minute there, gotta stop doing that with this show.

How many times are Sam and Drew going to drag out their bland "ILY"s over and over again? Do they fall asleep every time so they forget they've already had this same tired ass conversation?

They are so lethargic and boring and pathetically repetitive in all their scenes it seems.

Drew is on repeat constantly feeling the need/desperation to ask Sam if she's happy/does she truly love him/want him/ and oh my god he can't remember WHO HE IS! and Sam blinks and smiles and/or gets teary and offers him the most basic and frankly pointless reassurances because he doesn't appear to be listening for she has repeated the same pitiful lines countless times already.

They bore me immensely.

And of course Sam wants to rush off and get married now, after letting Jason kiss her without resistance and then failing to tell Drew, because of course. I see a shit-storm of stupid on the horizon.

Also, Sam,  Jason is still your legal husband because he never actuay divorced you himself so maybe get on top of that first before you and Drew skip out to the courthouse.

The stupid...it burns.

And speaking of stupid...Sonny. And Jason. And Spin who will never apparently evolve into a real human being. I would call them the Three Stooges but that's giving them far more credit than they deserve because at least the Three Stooges were entertaining and funny.

Too bad Ava's gallery didn't have a giant stone statue that Nelle could have pushed over onto Carly.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Compared to Jason/Sam, Drew/Sam are exciting. 

YMMV but watching Sam and Drew constantly trying to convince themselves that they are going to make it and their love can conquer all and blah blah blah, I find it anything but exciting or moving or must see TV.

Most of the the time I feel as if Billy and Kelly are just going through the motions themselves. I see no heat there, no real fire or passion, no real love, and I chalk it up to lazy acting and lazy writing.

Sam and Jason were written similarly, Kelly and Steve basically played their scenes without much conviction nine times out of ten and the writing was horrendous.

Drew may not be Jason but I don't think he's an improvement either and Sam is unchanged, so to me neither is better than the other, both couplings leave me cold and disinterested.

• Love 9

I'm sure Nelle was super into that there'll be no stopping Ava when she has her surgery.

Kiki: My mom will have no scars. And Morgan will still be dead.

. . . what's Kiki's point?*

*Rhetorical question.

Quick, someone ask Maxie what the hell she knows about Spinelli's family.

If ONLY Ava had wanted Morgan back. That would have been a much better motive.

Oh, we got the  "O did it to protect Nathan" retcon, eh? Meh.

Previews: Carly cries that her baby is growing up so fast. Perhaps she can consult Liz and ask what she did to delay Cam's SORAS.

(But no, really show, it's okay to have an episode without Carly.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I'm a giant shrug on Nathan's paternity reveal, it just feels too easy for him to be Faison's son. I did wish Spinelli would shut up about how it affects Georgie (because it doesn't, really) and stop his nauseating display of deference to Sonny and Jason.

Yeah, what was up with his, "Did you just tell the Godfather of Port Charles to go away?" Dude. HE HATES YOU.

Also, why didn't they just make Julian the owner of the Floating Rib/Jake's? Did they really need to replace it/another bar?

• Love 1

So now one seems to care that there's a flash drive somewhere containing Drew's memories. Good grief, there's classified information on there. I know they're not the nuclear codes, but damn! 

Carly needs to retired the "I'm your friend" sentence. Carly is no one's friend.

Jason, Sonny and Spinelli standing there like the three stooges during the big reveal that no one knew was coming. Color me shocked, writers! Who is this other son that Faison has?

Please let's end this whole Ava thing and the whole I'm not beautiful. This fucking show, man. Bitch, please. She should take a walk to the burn unit to remember where she was at. Maybe she can take a stroll to the oncology wing and see what REAL health and threatening issues look like. I am so tired of hearing the same thing out of her mouth over and over and over. Just run Griffin, you poor sad idiot. And Kiki should run too.

Same with Carly's speech and Sam and Drew's constant we love each other blah blah blah. Can we please for the love of whatever move this thing along? We've been stuck on neutral for what? Two months now? Can they move Aurora from the MC so that Carly can stop showing up and giving people advice they don't need? Can Carly just die already? Good effin' fuck!

What is wrong with Maxie? Dude, the stooges came asking about Faison's son, even not!lightbulb Nathan got it. 

• Love 4

I caught a scene with Alexis/Julian yesterday. I'd totally forgotten that they had chemistry. Why didn't they just let Julian remain Derek Wells? He makes much more sense as the head of a publishing company than Drew/Sam, and much more sense as the head of a publishing company than a mobster. 

He friggin built the company - and a story with someone who actually knows what they're doing would be more watchable than Drew/Sam dressing up and pretending to work in an office. I'd much rather watch Derek Wells make Lulu earn a job as a reporter by learning how  to do the job than Sam giving a job to Lulu for no particular reason.

I think that maybe WdV isn't terrible, he's just terrible at being Julian Jerome

• Love 5

Previews...I hate it when Anna works with Sonny, HATE.  Also, I'm expecting Lulu a) to say something shitty about Britt, which is justified, I suppose and b) to be a shitty friend to Maxie in favor of her super awesome journalism career.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Quick, someone ask Maxie what the hell she knows about Spinelli's family.

The whole "worried about the baby" angle is just in service of this paternity reveal.  I would've almost respected the writing more if Nathan got an ancestry.com gift card for Christmas and it showed no Russian/Greek/whatever the Cassadines heritage is today" ties.

Also, for a show that, to its credit, has always dealt with Robin's HIV on a realistic level (at least for a soap), the hand-waving and ignoring of Maxie's over-20-yr-old transplanted heart is annoying.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Linny said:

There is no DNA test to confirm it. The only DNA confirmation is that Nathan is not related to Valentin or Victor (in-show-canon). They are all just taking Dr. O's word for it when she says his father is Faison.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I can’t take Emme Rylan seriously. She always talks like a 12 year when she curls  her lips when talks to people. I wonder if she’s like that in real life. I guess I didn’t notice as much on GL because was a lot younger. I really noticed it on Y&R & now on GH. 

I think she must be really, really nice and everyone wants her around. Otherwise why wouldn't they admit she's a terrible LuLu and recast?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:
  • Newbie Publisher Guy - why is he so interested in finding Faison, and he's a publisher guy
  • Valentin  - He's not really a Cassadine, and the DNA match will prove Nathan and Valentin are a match, but everyone will assume because of the Cassadine blood. KG will put on her best OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK face.
  • Nicholas - Who's not really dead, but waiting to look like Peter Capaldi.
  • Andre - But it won't happen, because that would be too interesting out of left field.
  • Thomas - Who's not really dead, but they want to have a showdown with Aunt Stella belittling the cringing Faison before her.
  • Franco - Someone suggested it below, because of Reasons.
  • Dr. Bensch - Because he has interest in the Charles Street project, and there's that creepiness factor they backed off from Lauren
  • Drew/Jason - Because, why the hell not to keep them relevant to the storyline why Faison would target them, and that would fuck up the ELQ shares
  • Sonny - Because Sonny's the "hero", and this show will fuck with decades of history to make him front and center with ANY storyline.

"I hate you, I despise you, you should be in jail, -- lemme have the Turkey Club Sandwich, hold the mustard and tomato -- you are an evil person who should pay for his crimes, -- and a Coke with lemon. Oh, and your sister is horrible, too."

Oh, you're right. It's totally the publisher guy. I forgot about him. For one thing, he most likely has some background in actual writing. For another, he seems kind of douchey. 

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Now is the time on Sprockets when Nelle shuts the hell up:

Brilliant! Nelle was definitely serving the arthouse Sprocket vibe today. (On a shallow note, it works for her.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Oh, you're right. It's totally the publisher guy. I forgot about him. For one thing, he most likely has some background in actual writing. For another, he seems kind of douchey. 

I keep forgetting that Wyatt Halliwell is on the show now, but the dots really do connect if you think about how he's been with Lulu, driving her to look into the background of Drew and Jason's switch and how Faison is connected. Plus, as you say, he has carried himself in a very pompous, know it all, sort of way so that would fit with a child who, at the very least, was aware of his father and even went so far as to partner with him at some point.

Though I also like the idea of Andre being the first born son because it would have been quite a twist and opportunity to keep that actor around. Alas, with this current writing tea,m I would hate to see what they might come up with in regards to such a turn of events.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So now one seems to care that there's a flash drive somewhere containing Drew's memories. Good grief, there's classified information on there. I know they're not the nuclear codes, but damn! 

Why should Drew, or anyone else, care about his past and memories because Sam will LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT!.

It's one of the dumbest bits to this story-line for me.l

Drew learned that his brother found out that there is a  piece of equipment out there which could unlock his entire life, literally, before he was taken. He know he has at least a good 35 years, give or take, of a life that he could remember, that he could reclaim, and basically he would rather get Sam to constantly declare her love for him in-spite of everything else than just figuring his shit out like a grown up.

It's ridiculous that they have just dropped that angle, for now, and prefer to have Sam and Drew discuss what his life might have been like, or what it might take for him to remember, etc, and yet this glaring chunk of subplot is just hanging out, not getting any further attention.

Is it because they decided to claim the drive was hidden in a Christmas ornament and since Christmas is over we will have to wait until the holiday season next year before anyone bothers to go after it again?

Where are Brad and Lucas (who?)? I know that it was thanks to Ron, for once, that they were pretty much front and center for a good while when he was in charge, but I feel as if this show just doesn't want to deal with them anymore. They're both doctors who work at GH, they both have generous ties to PC history, especially Lucas, and they made a cute, sexy, couple, but god forbid they get a single scene in how many months now?

No, instead I get Detective Bark having his birthright rewritten for no damn good reason and Ava's mini scar must be gotten rid of or else she'll lose her will to live...

What fun.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Jax was objectively better for her and "a dream come true", but her "loyalty is always to Sonny" even though he is "a nightmare"? That's the angle Carly is going with to get Sam to confront her "true feelings" for Jason? That's - special. You've got a real winner as a "friend" there, Sam. Scout needs new godparents immediately. 

Just because Valentin Cassadine isn't his cousin doesn't mean Victor Cassadine isn't Nathan's father. It just means the owner of the hair isn't related to Nathan.

Which is why I never got behind CarJax. Carly never deserved a happy ending anymore than Sonny, Jason or Ava, and Jax is pretty top tier as far as men and Carly was well into her 30s with two kids by two different men, with that alone being two huge red flags. But after what she did to Tony Jones and AJ Quartermaine, no man like Jax (or no decent man), with or without children, should go anywhere near a woman like Carly let alone sleep with and then marry her.

• Love 6

I find it hard to believe that people as smart,  albeit evil and conniving,  produced that Candide impersonation Narthan.

9 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:
  • Newbie Publisher Guy - why is he so interested in finding Faison, and he's a publisher guy
  • Nic- Who's not really dead, but waiting to look like Peter Capaldi.
  • Andre - But it won't happen, because that would be too interesting out of left field.
  • Someone suggested it below, because of Reasons.
  • Dr. Bensch - Because he has interest in the Charles Street project, and there's that creepiness factor they backed off from Lauren

They have yet to make Bensch relevant but isn't he too old? He's only a couple of years younger than Kathleen Gati although that didnt stop them casting Jessie Royce Landis as Cary Grant' s mother in North by Northwest.

Publisher Guy makes a Lot of Sense because right now it feels like they hired him just because he's LW' s boyfriend. Being Faison' s son would give him a reason to be on the show other than the super stupid role of giving Lulu yet another job she's not qualified for. It would make Lulu-as-reporter support the publisher's story rather than the other way around.

But I really want to see  Nic with Peter Capaldi's face.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

3) His mutter isn't exactly the patron saint of virtue here.

Who on this show is? Oh wait  ... Sonny and Jason. I forgot

The art work in Sonny's office is so ugly it takes me completely out of the scene.  Not that I end up missing anything entertaining or important.

Was that an anvil cut, when they said Faison has another son, and the next scene is Griffin?   Now that would be truly weird.

Bench at some point will be a big bad something but they've spent so little time on the character it won't really mean much.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, rur said:

Put me at the table with Sake614.  If you're given a time to be there, then that's when you get there. 

However, in this case, I think they had Liesl going on about the time in what was supposed to be a humorous attempt to play up her Germanic/Teutonic-ness. They do it once or twice a year. (Remember her powerpoint presentation to her daughter?)

I get that, but Felicia was 5 minutes early and the two twits were 5 minutes late.  It probably annoyed me more that after all the terrible things Obrecht has done, she's sitting at a table planning a baby shower. I know she's Nathan's mom, but no thanks. 

After Leisl's obsession with Faison we are led to believe that she would hide a son from him?

• Love 2

Today Ava's "scar" looked less like badly applied bronzer and more like a shadow from her giant earring. And what's this formula Griffin has? I thought the big illegal procedure was some sort of surgery.

I died laughing when both Jason and Sonny were all "Huh?" when Spin mentioned the book is a roman à clef. It's not an unusual literary term.

I really don't understand the push to get all this genetic information for the Maxie/Nathan baby. Nathan already knows he doesn't have whatever the Cassadine congenital thingy is, and a doctor isn't going to order every test under the sun. Besides, just because you have a likelihood of getting something doesn't mean you'll get it, and you can get illnesses that have genetic components without having that component. Gah.

Nathan might be Faison's son (zzzz), but he's not involved in the Jason story. I bet that son is Newbie Publisher Guy. It explains a bit more why the actor is on contact, at least. All this angst over Faison being related to Georgie is ridiculous.

LOL at Maxie shooing Sonny, Spin, and Jason out of that dumb bar (RIP, Gene's Branford Roadhouse [est. 1989]!) but telling Jason she's glad he's back and alive.

Liesl Obrecht should never be afraid of Sonny Corinthos.

Was Nelle wearing a jumpsuit? Eesh. But black looks good on Chloe Lanier.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

All this angst over Faison being related to Georgie is ridiculous.

Seriously. Georgie lives across the country with Spinelli and Ellie and as far as I know rarely visits Port Charles. (Maxie doesn't get her for summers or anything like that). Lulu/Dante didn't have this much angst that their son now has a half-sister who has a murderous Cassadine as a father. Why wasn't Spinelli already upset that Georgie will have a half-sibling related to Faison in addition to that sibling having a grandmutter that is a psychopath and an international terrorist?

• Love 2
On 1/4/2018 at 2:20 PM, Perkie said:

For all of Liesl sociopathicity, she likely knew that he was a bigger sociopath than even she, and didn't want that life for her son.  She knew Faison wouldn't care about a daughter, and she was right.  But a son, to turn into a sociopath......that's why she gave Nathan up to Madeline to raise and then lied and said Victor was his father.  

On 1/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Nope, that doesn't track for me.  As originally presented, Dr. O would have done anything to present Faison - who she viewed as a god among men - with a male heir.  That's why she was kidnapped "Ben" to present to him.  If they're trying to retcon that now, they're not doing a good job of lining up the pieces.  JMO.

On 1/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, ulkis said:

They'll probably retcon that Obrecht lied to keep him safe from Faison. I prefer however that when Obrecht was about to tell Faison the news that she was pregnant, she caught him mooning over a picture of Anna, decided not to tell him and then after she gave him up, was too scared to say anything because she knew Faison would be pissed at her for lying. 

16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno.  I mean, I guess he has threatened her life before, but she's shown an ability to stand up to him (i.e. not donning the Anna mask in bed) and she's always been presented as enamored with him, even relatively recently.  The one character I've seen Dr. O really scared of is Helena, IMO.

Now, if she had sired a male heir with another man, I would get her disposing of said child because that betrayal would probably get both her and said child killed, but more out of self-preservation versus being terrified of what a meanie Faison is.  But if Nathan is Faison's son, hiding him away doesn't track for me.

This whole Nathan is Faison's biological son is complete horseshit. Obrecht desperately tried to get Faison to be in her man. He was Brit's father. She never kept Brit away from him. She knew exactly who Faison was. She knew about his Anna obsession. She knew about his criminal empire. She didn't care that she was at best, 2nd best in his eyes. She wanted to give him a son. Brit wasn't good enough in Faison's eyes. 

So there is no fucking way in hell Nathan should really be Faison's son. Zero chance. The only reason Obrecht would need to hide her son from Faison is the fact that Faison was not his father. Anything else is total bullshit. And a retcon.

• Love 8

died laughing when both Jason and Sonny were all "Huh?" when Spin mentioned the book is a roman à clef. It's not an unusual literary term

Youre presuming either one of them can or does read.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And what's this formula Griffin has? I thought the big illegal procedure was some sort of surgery.

Ooooh, I hope it's a formula and they inject it into Ava and then she turns into the Hulk or something. Making the show sci-fi might get me to tune back in.

• Love 2

Liesl Obrecht should never be afraid of Sonny Corinthos.

Another week - another threat of violence against a woman by Sonny.

Props to the writers for having Jason address his reaction to ditching Sam when he thought that Franco had impregnated Sam.

Anyone else notice that they are trying new camera angles on MB (fewer full frontal shots) or maybe they are just trying to remember how to fit SBu into his scenes.

How much longer is MS's contract?  They basically cut out Nina's livelihood in favor of setting up Sam.  They created a whole family for her but after a few years of a  simmering stew of a plot-line, all of the 'meat' of the story has been given to her brother and husband.

I like Carly's outfit yesterday as it was flattering on her figure.  Meanwhile - Kiki needs to remember it's ok to nosh occasionally.

• Love 3

You know how having a half-sibling, who lives on the other side of the country, who has a grandfather who is MIA being an "international criminal" affects Georgie?  IT DOESN'T!  But, congrats, Spinelli, you get the Carly Corinthos "Let's Make Every Situation About Me" prize for the week.

Asshat.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Props to the writers for having Jason address his reaction to ditching Sam when he thought that Franco had impregnated Sam.

Not only address it, but admit he was wrong. Though Spin was right when he said the situation with Georgie vis-à-vis Faison wasn't the same as Danny possibly being Franco's son (via rape, to boot). Having a relative with a dodgy parent is different from being the relative with the dodgy parent. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And what's this formula Griffin has? I thought the big illegal procedure was some sort of surgery.

From what I understand the reason Griffin (and dr Bench) didn't like the original design of the surgery (that Jason got on the flashdrive) was because there was a component (ingredient?  surgical move?) that had not been approved by the FDA.  But apparently Griffin, with Kiki's help has figured out something something in the lab, which makes it not illegal to do.  Wow, it makes even less sense written out then what they said!!

• Love 3

Was it just not approved by the FDA or was it actually dangerous? Although the FDA has approved enough stuff that I'd dangerous.

Carly admitted that Sonny is bad for her and Jason acknowledged that he was wrong with how he reacted to Sam's pregnancy. Has Hell frozen over too, not just my town?

I think Maxie and Nathan have reason to worry that the baby may have inherited a sociopathy gene from Faison  (although shut up, Spinelli, Georgie's safe). According to psychologist James Fallon, who has the gene himself, the best way to guard against it is a warm and loving upbringing. So Obrecht may have accidentally done the best thing she could have for Nathan, even if Magda was nutty enough herself.

• Love 2
On January 5, 2018 at 0:53 PM, CPP83 said:

YMMV but watching Sam and Drew constantly trying to convince themselves that they are going to make it and their love can conquer all and blah blah blah, I find it anything but exciting or moving or must see TV.

Most of the the time I feel as if Billy and Kelly are just going through the motions themselves. I see no heat there, no real fire or passion, no real love, and I chalk it up to lazy acting and lazy writing.

Sam and Jason were written similarly, Kelly and Steve basically played their scenes without much conviction nine times out of ten and the writing was horrendous.

Drew may not be Jason but I don't think he's an improvement either and Sam is unchanged, so to me neither is better than the other, both couplings leave me cold and disinterested.

Sam and Drew's scenes are getting so repetitive and bland. Then again, this is how all Sam's relationships go. It's all declarations of love and loyalty and gag. Nothing else ever happens. It's just, "You're the best!" "No, you're the best!"

I don't really have an issue with Billy and Kelly's chemistry, though. It's not bad, nor is it super special. (Billy's best chemistry with a romantic partner will always be Ameila Heinle for me). It's fine for what GH is these days. And it's better than SBu/KeMo, but I never thought SBu/KeMo were that big of a deal in the chemistry department anyway.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam and Drew's scenes are getting so repetitive and bland. Then again, this is how all Sam's relationships go. It's all declarations of love and loyalty and gag. Nothing else ever happens. It's just, "You're the best!" "No, you're the best!"

I don't really have an issue with Billy and Kelly's chemistry, though. It's not bad, nor is it super special. (Billy's best chemistry with a romantic partner will always be Ameila Heinle for me). It's fine for what GH is these days. And it's better than SBu/KeMo, but I never thought SBu/KeMo were that big of a deal in the chemistry department anyway.

Sbu/Kemo were never good in my opinion either. I don't understand how staring blankly at each other for a good 30 seconds is considered "romantic."  But that's all they really have.  Romance?  Nope.  Physical chemistry? Don't even bother.  That kiss on Tuesday was all kinds of awful for a proclaimed "super couple."   

They have always worked better with others. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

It doesn't make sense Spinelli and whoever freaking out about Faison but they were cool with Victor. Faison comes off as creepier, sure, but Victor's deeds were just as bad. 

• Love 7
On 1/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, CPP83 said:

Drew learned that his brother found out that there is a  piece of equipment out there which could unlock his entire life, literally, before he was taken. He know he has at least a good 35 years, give or take, of a life that he could remember, that he could reclaim, and basically he would rather get Sam to constantly declare her love for him in-spite of everything else than just figuring his shit out like a grown up.

It's ridiculous that they have just dropped that angle, for now, and prefer to have Sam and Drew discuss what his life might have been like, or what it might take for him to remember, etc, and yet this glaring chunk of subplot is just hanging out, not getting any further attention.

Didn't the new head writer for GH come on board right about the time this was playing out?  It could be one of those things that fall between the cracks when a show transitions from one writer to another.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

I think she must be really, really nice and everyone wants her around. Otherwise why wouldn't they admit she's a terrible LuLu and recast?

True.  She makes me CRINGE !!!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

freaking out about Faison but they were cool with Victor.

They were'nt cool with Victor so much as no one gave a crap since that storyline was dropped 4 years ago when Victor died at CC. 

16 hours ago, ulkis said:

It doesn't make sense Spinelli and whoever freaking out about Faison but they were cool with Victor. Faison comes off as creepier, sure, but Victor's deeds were just as bad. 

Victor is dead and can't do any harm (as far as we know—Cassadines have been known to torment beyond the grave), whereas Faison is very much alive and can still cause trouble. Of course, the angst about inheriting EVUL GENES still applies. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

They were'nt cool with Victor so much as no one gave a crap since that storyline was dropped 4 years ago when Victor died at CC. 

Yeah, but as dubbel zout pointed out that doesn't negate that if they're worried about the baby inheriting an evil gene with Faison they should have done so too when they thought his dad was Victor.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, but as dubbel zout pointed out that doesn't negate that if they're worried about the baby inheriting an evil gene with Faison they should have done so too when they thought his dad was Victor.

Or constantly when they know the baby's grandmutter is Dr. O, international terrorist and all-around psychopath.

• Love 7

After all of this long-running nonsense about Nathan's paternity and Liesl's long-running obsession with Faison, he's Nathan's father? There are times when retcons really don't work, and this is one of those times. Any chance that Liesl is lying and STILL covering up, for some reason, who Nathan's father is?

• Love 6

Nathan's angst about Faison being his father just rings so false.  It might play okay if he had previously thought his father was some average joe nice guy, but he's spent years thinking his father was Victor Cassadine, a villain in his own right who had him kidnapped the first time they met.  It's so dumb.

Also, shouldn't he go talk to Britt if he wants some insight or sympathy about being the child of Caesar Faison?

And seriously, Anna and the WSB can't find Faison, but LULU and NATHAN are going to?  Lulu is rapidly becoming one of fiction's worst journalists and Nathan couldn't find Waldo.

• Love 22