Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Didn't they let Robert Fucking Scorpio! and Anna and especially Luke ad-lib back in the day? I seem to recall them, and possibly Scotty, ad-libbing, usually saying things that were obviously ad-libbed and usually better than whatever the writers wrote. But then again I'm old lol

There was a scene back in the 80s/90s glory days (Aztec Treasure S/L maybe?), Robert, Luke, Felicia, Frisco, Sean, Laura and Mariah (Felicia's Grand mother) all sitting around a long table, having breakfast and totally ad-libbing.  To this day still some of the best acting I've seen on GH.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Linny said:

On the one hand it's nice to see PC residents portrayed as conscientious citizens (Laura's speech was nicely effective) but on the other hand I'm exhausted by the topic of election meddling and the term "fake news." I know it's cool to be political right now, to actively engage in politics via protests or town halls, so I get why the show is adopting this angle, but I personally can't connect to any fake GH politics when I'm up to my ears in real life political matters. 

Maxie and Felicia's talk made me think about the insanity of Georgie's conception and birth, and I find it odd they haven't reflected on that more, since it does seem the show has made an effort recently to remember its history. That was a big obstacle in Maxie and Lulu's friendship and an obstacle to Maxie's motherhood, so for the show to paint it as just "a troubled period" seems rather lacking.

On a scale of hyena to banshee, how loudly do you think Carly's going to scream when she finds out Nelle's working for Ava? 

I'm somehow really enjoying the SL so far.  Genie did great work today, and I'm used to FF'ing her because she's always with Lulu.  I wasn't a bit surprised that Ned was on the wrong side of the issue.  He's always been a bit of a spoiled snob, IMO.  He probably got it from his mother.

I hope Carly says nothing about Nelle working for Ava.  They refuse to support her, and demand she stays in town.  I hope Nelle and Ava surprise us and become good friends.  I would like to see them scheming against Sonny.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

oh my God, Nathan. Victor was born in the 40s or 50s living on an isolated Greek island , so many reasons why he wouldn't get tested for that shit. Maybe he just couldn't find a rowboat to get out to the doctor.

What kind of tests?  Nathan is an automatic FF.

• Love 3

That was Shari  Belafonte??? She seemed very familiar but with that awful wig, I couldn't even tell whether she was mixed race or just ignored tanning precautions.

I love the idea of Nelle working with ...I  mean for Ava. Serves Carly and Michael right for insisting that she get a job. I also liked the 'wink wink ' between them when Ava said that she would no more give Nelle a job because of her relationship with Sonny and Carly than Nelle would ask for one because of it.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Stella was astoundingly rude to Jordan about the housewarming gift. If the two pieces are supposed to be a pair, why is she splitting them up? It's not like Stella received two Instant Pots. Ugh. As always, poor Vernee Watson-Johnson.

Wow that was some bad writing. If she's such an afficionado of African art, she should know that it's more valuable if you have both parts of a pair.

It's also super tacky to not just tell the giver that you don't need her gift but also to say that you're going to sell it and give the money to charity.

On 12/19/2017 at 6:14 PM, fishcakes said:

Maybe. Almost all records are electronic now, but I take care of a relative and I keep a file of all her records and test results. I ask for a printed copy of the most recent stuff every time I take her to the doctor so that I have it at hand in case of an emergency. I would think most people do the same thing with their kids' medical records. Of course, there's no reason Liesl would have Victor's records or be able to get her hands on them now since they're not related. I assume she just faked up a big pile of records to give to Nathan so that she doesn't have to tell him his father is really Faison or The Forest King or whoever.

This is so badly writing to plot. Unless  there is reason to be concerned,  OBs don't ask for medical records of the grandparents. And if Nathan has already been tested for thalassemia and they have the results,  it doesn't matter how Victor tested.

Doctors and hospirals will release some medical records (but not all) to the patient or to another doctor with signed consent but Obrecht is neither the patient nor does she have Victor' s consent. I doubt any U.S. hospital much less one in Greece or Russia will release the results to her.

20 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

to see Oscar the same damn day he found out the kid was his, even if he still has no clue who the hell he really is and is even more confused than Oscar himself. And yet Jason's just there being passive and absent but we're supposed to view it as some great nobility on his part. I too wish they wouldn't reunite Jason and Sam but we all know it'll happen.

I like that the show is being consistent with Drew being the one to be openly affectionate both with Monica and now with  Jake and Danny (although I suspect that this is fine by SB himself). It was Drew who insisted on telling Danny right now even  though he's too young to understand right now and it would have been okay to wait a while until he got to know Jason..

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Felicia telling Maxie she's a great mother.  I guess she is the authority. wtf-question-mark-sign-smiley-emoticon.g

LOL, love the emoji with the sign!  Hmm, Felicia left two daughters for Mac to raise, whereas Maxie left one daughter to be raised by her father and a more stable, smart, level-headed, mature mother figure than Maxie could ever be.  So yes, in that way, Maxie's a great mother.  She doesn't have any idea how to be a full-time mother, and so far Show has presented as a woman who has no desire to be a true parent.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't know why, but I'm really irritated with Michael's insistence that Nelle work.  She's always worked since she arrived in town, and she's never been portrayed as someone who wants to sit on her ass and freeload.  It seems very unlike Michael and makes him look like an asshole,

I;m so completely on the opposite side of this one, it's not even funny.  Nelle pretty much came right out in the meeting with CarSon and Michael that she was not going to work during the pregnancy and expected them/Michael to pay for everything.  Today she wanted money for her basic needs.  All this hand wringing about her kidney, oy vey.  My mother had a kidney removed and managed to raise 8 kids and be a farmer's wife, which means she was/is the hardest working woman that I know.  So while Nelle's one kidney might make her a highER risk than normal, it doesn't mean she's on complete bedrest.  She can work.  She can be on her feet a handful of hours per day.  She can earn a decent living.  

Just my HO.  

• Love 4

I was surprised to see Wyatt Haliwell at the town hall. I guess he's taking his job seriously. 

I wish Molly would stop with the Julian hate. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but this is all Molly has been about for years now. Give the girl something else, please. 

Jason's pain will be in full display tomorrow. Get him, Jake!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

She's always worked since she arrived in town, and she's never been portrayed as someone who wants to sit on her ass and freeload.

Nelle worked because it put her in proximity to the people she was scheming against. Her plans have all backfired, though, so that big payday she seems to expect hasn't come yet. But now it has, and it sounds as if she's more than ready to take advantage of Michael's generosity and guilt. I think she does want to sit around all day and freeload.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She doesn't have any idea how to be a full-time mother, and so far Show has presented as a woman who has no desire to be a true parent.

I think this is kind of unfair to Maxie. The Georgie custody battle was one of the stupidest ones I've ever seen (and boy, is that bar high). Maxie has been pretty good about taking her lumps for that, and we do hear she goes to Portland, Skypes, calls, and generally stays current with what's going on in Georgie's life. She's no worse than any other soap mom. I liked that Maxie showed some vulnerability and fear about being pregnant again. And of course Felicia is going to tell her she's a good mom. She's trying to reassure Maxie, not destroy her.

What I don't understand is why Maxie hasn't tried to get at least partial custody back. Spin won't contest it, and it's not as if we have to see Georgie all the time to know she's in Port Charles. Jasus knows we never see those two sons of Elizabeth, um, Castle and Ambrose? Copper and Aluminum? You know the ones I mean.

• Love 7

I absolutely hate this "Charles Street gentrification" plot because it's so heavy-handed: oooh, the evil Mayor dares to want to build up an area, so she's in BIG BUSINESS pocket and wants to STICK IT to the honest, hard-working citizens who only want to be able to stroll through the park leaving Christmas presents for the even less fortunate children and drink Corinthos coffee.  Because PROGRESS IS BAD, people.  It's very, very bad. /End of morality play

I'd love to see how Lulu is going to go about investigating/proving those 3-year-old ballots she's lugging around town in a box are legitimate.  Because that's what actual journalists do, Lulu.  Unless Aurora Media is the equivalent of the National Enquirer. 

The worst part of the Nelle/Michaal/Get a job bullshit is there hasn't really been more than a passing comment that she would be a high-risk pregnancy due to having one kidney.  I said the same thing earlier, re Maxie.  But, no, let's pretend she's playing the kidney card, as Carly basically stated last week, as if it wasn't a fact.  I mean, I realize it's not a serious condition like Sam's giving-birth-thru-her-jeans disease, but it is valid.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I;m so completely on the opposite side of this one, it's not even funny.  Nelle pretty much came right out in the meeting with CarSon and Michael that she was not going to work during the pregnancy and expected them/Michael to pay for everything.  Today she wanted money for her basic needs.  All this hand wringing about her kidney, oy vey.  My mother had a kidney removed and managed to raise 8 kids and be a farmer's wife, which means she was/is the hardest working woman that I know.  So while Nelle's one kidney might make her a highER risk than normal, it doesn't mean she's on complete bedrest.  She can work.  She can be on her feet a handful of hours per day.  She can earn a decent living.  

I get what you are saying Perkie. Your mother seems like one badass warrior. :)  I think the difference between your mom and Nelle is the fact that your dad was a hard worker who could never afford to let your mom put her feet up and rest and hire someone to come in and take care of the farm/household chores and the other children.  He I bet he was a wonderful husband and father but the reality for him it just was not financially possible.  Very few people could afford it.  Micheal can more than afford a few extra thousand dollars a month to care for the mother of his unborn child.  He should be paying for her housing, medical bills and Nelle's other living expenses until after her baby is born.  As REDHEADZOMBIE said Michael is "ignoring that she's one kidney down, and that kidney was stolen from her and walking around in his sister's body.  Nelle's pregnancy is high risk and Michael should do everything he can to see to it that his child and it's mother comes through the next nine months alive and healthy.  I am not saying Michael should bankroll Nelle's life forever but he should be until several months after the baby is born.  It is the best thing for the baby and if he can well afford to do it than he should.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Mayor Lomax still being played by Shari Belafonte? I barely recognized her with that hair—it's terrible. So dowdy and unflattering.

I think it was a wig. 

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think this is kind of unfair to Maxie. The Georgie custody battle was one of the stupidest ones I've ever seen (and boy, is that bar high). Maxie has been pretty good about taking her lumps for that, and we do hear she goes to Portland, Skypes, calls, and generally stays current with what's going on in Georgie's life.

I don't think it's unfair (and I'll go further and say the entire storyline was absurd, beginning with Maxie getting pregnant with Georgie immediately after the miscarriage). What you're describing is how a cousin of mine is with her niece and nephew. An aunt or uncle, grandparent, or friend of the family can do all of those things, and it's still not being a parent. A parent teaches life lessons, gets up at night when the child is sick, takes the kid to doctor's appointments and keeps track of dance class or soccer practice, talks to them about school and friends, etc.  Maxie hasn't done hands-on parenting like that in Georgie's day-to-day life; it's not like Spinelli has custody for two weeks or a month, than Maxie gets two weeks or a month, and so on because they live far apart.  And the writing has given me the impression that Maxie prefers being a mom-who's-more-like-an-aunt.

• Love 4

"Oh, you're my dad? You can hug me. Then maybe you can visit Grandma Monica so you can meet Annabelle, my dog." Totally in character for a five year old boy. And Jake's reaction was pretty much in character for however old the kid is supposed to be these days.

I saw Danny acting like Danny, but I wouldn't say he was acting like a typical child his age. Danny is a soap character that is played by a kid who basically doesn't care about anything outside of dogs.

There are plenty of five year old kids who would have reacted with suspicion, fear, concern, confusion, or just not cared at all, among other reactions. Danny reacted the way he did to Jason because the show wanted him to react that way. Nothing about the scene screamed all that "real" or "genuine"  to me, it was a way to push a story line, and it isn't one I find interesting or well written.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I agree with truthaboutluv. I will give Burton a tiny bit of credit for the flicker of gut-punch guilt I saw on his face when Danny asked "He loves me?" "Why did you stay away so long?" That was the reality of Jason being an absentee father - Danny had no idea this man loved him, and why hasn't he been around to do Daddy type things (like Drew).  I think Danny prompted Jason to hug him because in his family, the people who say they love you hug you.  It was an awkward hug from Jason, and Danny wasn't exactly throwing himself into Jason's arms yearning for a father's love.  He seems to think Jason is just another person added to his life to love him, because that is how Sam presented it. Drew is still his Daddy who loves him and lives there with them; it doesn't seem like his life is going to change.  Danny does not think he has a reason to be worried, so he asked to go play cars. Whereas Drew and Elizabeth presented the "Jason is your Daddy, Drew is your uncle" concept to Jake like he might have to spend time with Jason, and his future of spending time with the Dad he knows might be different/less than he's come to expect.  Telling Jake vaguely that things may "change" of course scared him. 

I have stated my opinions about this issue previously so I don't want to appear as if I am merely repeating myself. I also don't have anything else new to add that I haven't already said anyway, so I am going to agree to disagree about this particular scene or what it was or wasn't meant to infer.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, nilyank said:

What is the point of Julian buying a pub. Except for Ava, no one likes him, so is this to force people to interact with him?

I never seen this pub before so has it been around before now?

Julian has never resembled a mob boss to me--rather, he looked like a tennis or golf pro at the local country club. So now that he's the owner of a local bar he seems much more believable.

• Love 6

Carly telling Sam that she really loves Jason and should drop Drew is rage-inducing. Since Carly lusts after Jason in her heart, it doesn't seem likely that she would push another woman at him. Somewhere along the line Carly and Jason should have had an affair behind the Moobster's back.

10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Micheal can more than afford a few extra thousand dollars a month to care for the mother of his unborn child.  He should be paying for her housing, medical bills and Nelle's other living expenses until after her baby is born.  As REDHEADZOMBIE said Michael is "ignoring that she's one kidney down, and that kidney was stolen from her and walking around in his sister's body. 

Ok, so this becomes a two parter for me then.  Part one: "one kidney down".  While I agree that she's at a higher risk than someone with two kidneys, she's also, right now, perfectly capable of working.  Tons of women work while pregnant with medical issues.  If the baby daddy was out of the picture, she'd be working while one kidney down, because she'd have to.  So this idea that she's some delicate flower that should spend nine months with her feet up, I don't buy it. (at least not until the "disease of the day" that all pregnant soap characters develop that means if they don't sit down right now their uterus and unborn baby will explode!)

Part two:  Can Michael afford to pay for Nelle's expenses for 9 months?  Of course, the boy has money falling out of his pockets, from the money tree in the backyard.  But the question for me becomes, should he?  I believe Nelle got pregnant on purpose to hang onto him and stick it to CarSon.  I beleive she's milking the kidney issue so that he has to pay for everything and then she'll have him where she wants him.  Michael should pay for everything baby related, but he's already letting her live rent free, I don't think he should also be paying for her bananas and her shampoo.  

Despite Michael's money, despite the one kidney, there's nothing stopping her from working, even if it's only part time, to pay for her own expenses since he's paying for rent and everything baby related.  She's choosing not to, she's forcing the money issue to exert control over him and that's when it stops being about "one kidney down" for me.  Also if she hadn't tried to blackmail Nina, she'd still have a cushy, well paid job.  

In case it wasn't obvious....I hate Nelle!!  (and the whole one kidney hits close to home, so the damsel in distress, vapors pretending Nelle gets on my last nerve)

• Love 4

I'm way behind and busy IRL, but you know I had to make time to complain about Mac and Felicia not being at Kevin's wedding slash Dante being Kevin's best man.  Not to repeat myself, but I really don't like this note in the Kevin/Laura relationship - that Kevin is just being absorbed into Laura's family and has no family/friends/life of his own.  It sucks.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm way behind and busy IRL, but you know I had to make time to complain about Mac and Felicia not being at Kevin's wedding slash Dante being Kevin's best man.  Not to repeat myself, but I really don't like this note in the Kevin/Laura relationship - that Kevin is just being absorbed into Laura's family and has no family/friends/life of his own.  It sucks.

Britt and O. were on on Tuesday I think, so you just might want to skip to that.

13 hours ago, ciarra said:
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Mayor Lomax still being played by Shari Belafonte? I barely recognized her with that hair—it's terrible. So dowdy and unflattering.

I think it was a wig. 

I think that might be even worse, LOL.

7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Somewhere along the line Carly and Jason should have had an affair behind the Moobster's back.

Thank everything and everyone they never did. One thing keeping me from completely and utterly hating Jason is that he's held firm to never sleeping with Carly after that one time.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Despite Michael's money, despite the one kidney, there's nothing stopping her from working, even if it's only part time, to pay for her own expenses since he's paying for rent and everything baby related.  She's choosing not to, she's forcing the money issue to exert control over him and that's when it stops being about "one kidney down" for me.

Exactly. I think Michael would willingly kick in more dough if Nelle could only work part-time due to medical issues, but she wasn't even going to do that until she saw Ava's ad. (I don't think Nelle deliberately got pregnant, though, and I hope the show continues to stay away from that. "Trapping" a man by getting pregnant is such a gross, misogynist cliché.) 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I was surprised to see Wyatt Haliwell at the town hall. I guess he's taking his job seriously. 

I wish Molly would stop with the Julian hate. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but this is all Molly has been about for years now. Give the girl something else, please. 

Jason's pain will be in full display tomorrow. Get him, Jake!

I almost did a double take at Wyatt too before I vaguely remembered that he's actually on the show. I still have no idea what crucially important purpose he's supposed to serve that they just had to cast a brand new face around town.

This show desperately need to start dropping some dead weight already. They can start with Sonny and Carly.

Molly has needed to put a sock in it now for ages. Maybe if her own father wasn't Ric with his revolting past, or her Uncle Sonny who is guilty of all the things, not just some things on this show, but ALL THE THINGS.

She should have learned a long time ago that she lives in the grand central station for the seedy underbelly of social pariahs. 

The girl needs a hobby or a project. She is in college now right? Does she have a job?

Jake's reaction to Jason should be everyone's reaction to Jason all the time.

• Love 7
On 12/19/2017 at 10:24 PM, CPP83 said:

I could tell that the little guy is...limited, let's say. I think the only kid actor, male or female, left on the show that I would actually label as an "actor" and not just some random kid they snatched off the street and threw money at their parents, would be the little boy who plays Jake.

I think Charlotte's got potential.  (I haven't read the other comments so I might be the 20th person to say it, LOL).

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL, love the emoji with the sign!  Hmm, Felicia left two daughters for Mac to raise, whereas Maxie left one daughter to be raised by her father and a more stable, smart, level-headed, mature mother figure than Maxie could ever be.  So yes, in that way, Maxie's a great mother.  She doesn't have any idea how to be a full-time mother, and so far Show has presented as a woman who has no desire to be a true parent.

I was writing my own dialogue at this point: "I know it's scary, but it's all so unpredictable. You're worried about the part that I handled fairly well, but when you girls were older I lost my way. All you can do is try to make amends if you screw it up, because parenting is for life."   

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think Charlotte's got potential.  (I haven't read the other comments so I might be the 20th person to say it, LOL).

I honestly have no idea who that is. Is that the name of one of the young actresses?

4 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

I honestly have no idea who that is. Is that the name of one of the young actresses?

Unless I've got it wrong, it's the character name of Lulu and Valentine's daughter. She hasn't been on much lately, but she's got real presence.

4 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Unless I've got it wrong, it's the character name of Lulu and Valentine's daughter. She hasn't been on much lately, but she's got real presence.

...that must have happened during the time I was tuned out of the show. I stopped watching nearly two years ago and just started up again last month because I've been trapped at home due to medical reasons.

I had no idea tthey'd given Lulu a daughter, and certainly not one with a Cassadine father. Holy mackerel, you learn something new every day, heh.

Well now if I see a little girl pop up with that name I will know who she is, so thanks for the heads up. Perhaps I'll search the tube of you for some clips of her past work.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CPP83 said:

I had no idea they'd given Lulu a daughter, and certainly not one with a Cassadine father. Holy mackerel, you learn something new every day, heh.

Charlotte was born of one of Lulu's stolen eggs and fertilized by Valentin's sperm. Valentin chose to find a surrogate for the embryo and not ever tell Lulu that the child existed, so Lulu only learned of Charlotte a year and a half ago, soon after Valentin murdered Nikolas on Cassadine Island. And that is all I will say about that because this storyline makes me livid. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Valentin's sperm was also stolen. (By Helena, of course.)

Of course. The same Helena, who when she was near death, many moons ago, beseeched Luke that Valentin was the most EVUHL Cassadine out there and was to be FEARED!!!! And that she, who didn't fear anyone, was scairt to death of him. This was, of course, before he was even cast, and no one knew how he was related. But is it my understanding, that he's another of Mikos's spawn?

• Love 2

Did we really need product placement for VR Star Wars? 

Weird that we're seeing a show set post-Christmas when it hasn't happened IRL yet. Or is today the new ep before the holiday?

I'm already tired of Jason getting all woobie that he doesn't know what Jake likes or that Danny wants a hug or whatever. It's not like he was such great shakes as a father before he was drop-kicked from the pier.

LOL at Leo's po-faced reaction to the dancing Santa. I also liked Ned and Michael's barely hid looks of horror.

What is Laura wearing for her wedding? I don't expect a white meringue-type dress, but a black wrap dress seems a bit informal. Especially since she has no special bling or fancier hair or makeup or anything, and the men are in tuxedos.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Poor Lucas (who?), he's going to be waiting for Lucky a long time at the off-screen airport.

We got a Lucky mention, at least. But of course he won't make it to the ceremony. Why is Spencer traveling with Lucky? Did Lucky pick him up at school? Way to make a total mess, Show.

Michael, maybe Ned's making a lot of big moves with ELQ because you don't seem to be doing anything. Heh.

Scout looked ADORABLE in her hat with the pink pompoms.

Well, if Oscar is musical like Ned, that seals it for me. Oscar's a legit Quartermaine!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, Liz and her kids are not going...why?

She is too busy placating Jason and Franco to get herself and her children ready for their grandmother's wedding, where, if it wasn't for the weather, they supposedly would have also seen their father for the first time in months/years.

• Love 4

Also, and like I've been saying, I'm behind so I didn't clap this myself, Franco's SEKRIT about his past with Drew that he was convinced would cost him Liz came out and Liz...immediately forgave him?  Way to soap, Show. #eyeroll

• Love 3

Ten seconds into the episode and the show's already prostituting itself on behalf of Disney. I know I wasn't the only one rooting for Darth Maul to finish Franco. Jake's recoiling from Jason makes a lot of sense given his age and his own traumatic past, so I appreciate the way his part of the story is being handled.

I'm pleasantly surprised they gave Lucky the intention of coming to the wedding. I much prefer his absence be explained by weather delay and not because he didn't make the effort to come to his mother's wedding. It was a paltry group at the church but I guess that's to be expected these days. I liked Maxie's dress, she looked great today.

Loved Sam's sentiment to Oscar about embracing changes and moving forward unafraid, especially when paired with her reminiscing about Jason. She can hold onto those memories and value them as part of her history while still looking ahead into her future with Drew.

Strong episode today from start to finish. One of those rare occasions where I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching GH.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm behind so I didn't clap this myself, Franco's SEKRIT about his past with Drew that he was convinced would cost him Liz came out and Liz...immediately forgave him? 

Not quite.  He told her that he knew who was who because of the paper that Andre gave him before he took off.  She was pissed for a nano second than told him no more secrets.  He was going to tell her about pushing Drew down the stairs but had a vision that she'd lose her shit and run screaming from the room, literally, so chose not to tell her that part and swore, cross his heart, literally doing the sign of the cross on her chest, that he had no more secrets to tell.  Jerkoff.  

30 minutes ago, Linny said:

It was a paltry group at the church but I guess that's to be expected these days

Mac and Felicia should have been there.  They used KW yesterday for the Maxie scene, they could have left that out and had Felicia at the wedding, if she was only allowed one episode.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Weird that we're seeing a show set post-Christmas when it hasn't happened IRL yet. Or is today the new ep before the holiday?

I'm pretty sure today and tomorrow will be Christmas, then the 26th will be after Christmas.  And they'll all be talking about how wonderful the wedding was, and how great it was to see Lucky, Spencer and Lesley there.  And we won't have seen any of it,.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What is Laura wearing for her wedding?

I don't think that was her outfit.  It looked like her usual clothes, so I figured she hadn't changed yet.  

4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Mac and Felicia should have been there.  They used KW yesterday for the Maxie scene, they could have left that out and had Felicia at the wedding, if she was only allowed one episode.  

For sure. Mac/Felicia should have been there as well as all of the grandkids. Where were Charlotte and Rocco when all of this pre-wedding planning was going on? They weren't with Liz and there's no way in hell Lulu would allow Valentin to watch over Rocco. Maybe with Ned and Olivia? (Also, why aren't Ned and Olivia going to the wedding?)

• Love 1

Who is this Lucky person that they mentioned today. Maybe he could have dinner with Chardonnay and Absinthe as I don't think they haven't eaten since Thanksgiving when they were last spotted.

So Jake is totally confused about his daddy issues. Well no need for Lucky to show up then. He has Drew and psychotic Franco in his life.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Not quite.  He told her that he knew who was who because of the paper that Andre gave him before he took off.  She was pissed for a nano second than told him no more secrets.  He was going to tell her about pushing Drew down the stairs but had a vision that she'd lose her shit and run screaming from the room, literally, so chose not to tell her that part and swore, cross his heart, literally doing the sign of the cross on her chest, that he had no more secrets to tell.  Jerkoff.

Ah, okay, so there's still a secret to blow up in his face.  Not that it'll matter, Liz will just end up apologizing to him after two seconds, ugh.

By the by, I find it kinda gross that Brad (who?) wasn't name-checked alongside Lucas (who?) today.  Why is his presence as Lucas' spouse at these family events never given mention?  If Lucas had a wife vs. a husband, I think she would have been mentioned.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ah, okay, so there's still a secret to blow up in his face.

Yes, which sort of came up today when he got the Christmas card from Betsy in which she told him that she hopes he makes peace with himself (for allegedly pushing Drew down the stairs).  Liz got distracted by Jake but she's going to come back and pull on that string at some point.  

What gets me is that she's forgiven him every heinous thing he's done, including locking a man in a dog crate, so why he would think that particular crime would send her screaming for the hills, I don't know.  

• Love 7

So I was home and actually watched multiple scenes today I know it's been said and said but....as univested as I am in Laura/Kevin seriously Liz should be there with the boys for their grandmothers wedding. That's ridiculous.

Also I finally saw Joss she's umm...big. I was half kidding before but they need to make Cam a teenager now. Wasnt he born before her?

Sam/Jason make sad cow eyes at each other and she remembers their Christmas together just a few hours after pledging her love to Drew.  Yep. Know where this is going and I'm so not interested. Sam the walking sedative isn't worth it but she'll have two men pining for her.  One is a marine who takes on kids left and right and the other is Saint Jasus.  My girl Liz gets Franco. It's not even about Jasam vs Liason it's just...can't they give her something better than Franco?  And the last time two men wanted her half that equation was Niz...blech.  Well ok maybe it was Jake/Ric? but we are all supposed to hate Ric right? I wasn't watching.  Why do they crap on Becky why??

Ok. The light saber headgear thing was cute.  "The product placement was strong in this one."  

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

(Also, why aren't Ned and Olivia going to the wedding?)

This I understand. Laura and Olivia are in-laws, but that doesn't mean they need be included in every family event. You could argue it the other way: Why aren't Laura and Kevin at the Q Christmas?

19 hours ago, Perkie said:
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ah, okay, so there's still a secret to blow up in his face.

Yes, which sort of came up today when he got the Christmas card from Betsy in which she told him that she hopes he makes peace with himself (for allegedly pushing Drew down the stairs).

It also came up when Elizabeth told Jason that she and Franco were engaged, and he's a different person from when he hurt Sam, and if she didn't think the tumor had been responsible she couldn't trust her heart and her boys to him, blahblah ominous anvil fishcakes that won't amount to anything. Which of course Franco took to mean she'll throw him out on his ear if she finds out he might have pushed Drew down the stairs. Ugh, it's so dumb. A) they were kids, and kids do terrible things to their siblings, and b) it's not even a certainty Franco did it in the first place.

Edited by dubbel zout
corrected "first" for "fits"
  • Love 3