Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

For someone who was all about finding out who his father was, Oscar sure was uninterested in talking to that new-found father.  At least Drew was trying, but Oscar the Grouch wasn't having any of it.

I like Finn and Anna...

• Love 9

When Jason and Sam actually have to have a conversation, there is zero pulling me into their scenes.  They can do stare downs very well but other than that....<yawn>.  

Oscar continues to be a sad sack.  He'd work better in an anti depressant commercial.

The Anna and Finn stuff did not repulse me.

I skipped the rest of the show, but saw some of the Kim stuff.  Yeah, something's not adding up for me.  If I were Drew I'd demand a DNA test.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

So Laura and Kevin are getting married at Christmas...meh?  I was I could be more excited about this, but the show puts such minimal effort into showing them and their relationship, it's hard to care more.  And I'm expecting to be annoyed about how it's all about Laura and her family and we're supposed to think Kevin had nothing and nobody before her, a note in their relationship I really don't like.

And really, NO reaction from Lucy to this?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think Robert and Luke did it successfully, with each other and others.

You're probably right. I was mainly remembering one particularly awful attempt, back when Moonlighting was big, to try to imitate that show's banter and timing with Robert and Anna. (shudder)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I missed the very beginning, who was sitting at the other table or what was she thinking that was troubling Laura so much?

Valentin with Cassandra

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know whose DNA was matched?

I thought she said "other kids", so I assumed Danny since that would have been around the time and he would have DNA on file from when he had the cancer thingy.  

• Love 5

I’ve noticed Kim doing the same thing that AH (Victoria on Y&R) does. Instead of looking people in the eyes or at least at their faces, she stares at their chests. First the chest, then the eyes, then the chest again, then the eyes. Makes me nuts. I can’t even listen to what she’s saying for watching her eyes.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Do we know whose DNA was matched?

I thought she said "other kids", so I assumed Danny since that would have been around the time and he would have DNA on file from when he had the cancer thingy.  

Thanks, Perkie. I was watching live for a change but missed that. Though I think IRL the DNA has to be in the genealogy site; they can't just randomly search a bunch of databases. LOL.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The kiss wasn't even remotely believable.

I know. It didn't come near what it was supposed to be: Two people fighting their attraction to each other but finally giving in. They've been too antagonistic without the necessary erotic undercurrent. Inadequate writing and acting here. Which is a shame, because we've seen sparks between FH and ME in the past.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, AuxArx said:

For someone who was all about finding out who his father was, Oscar sure was uninterested in talking to that new-found father.  At least Drew was trying, but Oscar the Grouch wasn't having any of it.

I thin that the writers, being such craftsmen of original genius and whimsy that they are... (crickets) the idea is that Oscar is craving/longing for Drew to be his Papa, however Drew already has his "real kid", aka Scout, and Oscar is just the little accident that Drew never got to parent or care about so their relationship is really just about DNA at this point, blah blah, hog wash, tears, and teenage angst and dhrama because reasons.

Doesn't it just sound so damn exciting...

Sam and Jason actually spoke to and at one another, it was like a Christmas miracle. I still don't care though. Jason lost all favour with me when he and Liz banged on the sky bridge and produced another unwanted, unneeded, hell spawn.

Speaking of hell spawns...Nina. Why? Why is she still hanging around? I mean really, it boggles. And who is that guy with her? I am lost in a world of not caring and being horrified that they brought on someone else to play attracted to Nina because SHE'S STILL HERE!

And how nice of her to turn to doing holiday crafts instead of stealing babies. Trading one hobby for another, I am surprised they didn't slip in a line that she learned how to while locked in crazy-town jail.

I see that they are trying to do something with Anna and Finn and I am...perplexed honestly. Those two just don't go together for me and from the looks of it Michael and Fiona know that as well. Poor dears, just trying to collect those paychecks still.

The one good thing about today I can say is that Carly and Sonny were absent.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 8:25 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I think that under these unique circumstances Michael should be financially supporting Nelle.  Nelle does have only one kidney which makes this a high risk pregnancy, not to mention that Nelles other kidney went to Joss and it saved Michael's sister and Carly's daughter's life.  Michael is a multi millionaire and he can well afford to provide for his unborn child's mother.  He does not need to get her a penthouse.  He offered her the condo rent free and will take care of her medical expenses and expects her to work to support the rest of her needs.  Nelle is limited to the type of work she is qualified for and most likely she would only be able to find a low paying job that will keep her on her feet 40+ hours a week.  This is not healthy for a pregnant woman with one kidney.  Michael should be looking out for the health of his child and it's mother.  Instead of insisting she work Michael should offer to pay for Nelle to go back to school so she can better provide for herself and their child.  It sucks to have to support someone you hate but Michael can well afford this.  At this point it is the best thing for the health of the baby.

Carly can take a seat with her outrage over Michael being trapped in this mess.  She did the same thing when she was pregnant with Michael.  She used Michael to manipulate rich men (Tony, Jason, AJ and Sonny) into supporting her since the day her pregnancy test stick turned blue.  

The dinner with Nell was rage inducing. And for Carly, Sonny and Michael not recognize Nell's behaviors as carbon copies of Carly's evil shit is maddening. Carly should've been shootin Sonny a what the fuck are you going on about look when Sonny spouted off about Nell disappearing. Ala Carly being held prisoner by Rick. That reminder should practically give Carly PTSD.

Fuck off all three of them for pontificating about how Ava REALLY DOESN'T LOVE AVERY. 

And yes, Nell would probably qualify as having a high risk pregnancy. And she is currently unemployed. And I can tell you for a fact that not a lot of businesses are excited to employ a pregnant woman. Minimum wage sucks ass. It wouldn't be like she could just be handed a well paid easy job. It isn't lije Michael isn't in a position to help Nell out during her pregnancy. He owns the condo. He has a residence at his biological father's family mansion. Where his grandmother, a doctor, lives. I would love to see Michael's face if he got hit with support papers from the state. Since Nell should qualify for welfare. I'm hoping that Ava ends up hiring Nell as an assistant. If only to send the Corinthi into being stupid crazy. Leading to Sonny losing custody of Avery would be nice. 

I wouldn't mind it if it turns out that Kim Nero is somehow related to Nell. Another daughter of Frank Benson or they share the same mother. Or they are cousins. They look so much alike. 

• Love 9

I just remembered the real villain of Wednesday's show -- Sam! She told Drew she was going to get them coffee (from down the hall? nearby cafe?), and then she never came back. She went to visit Monica, then to go stare moodily at the docks and chat with the ex....

I would kill my husband if he promised me caffeine and then kept me hanging for hours.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

God, Lulu is a moron smugly suggesting Valentin helped throw an election when he wasn't even living in PC at the time.  Obviously me likening her to Andrea Zuckerman was giving her too much credit.

I'm still behind, but WHAT?  They're dredging THAT up to be Lulu's big scoop as an "investigative reporter"?  And let's see how sharp Lulu's journalistic ethics are if and when she learns about her brother's role in those shenanigans.

• Love 2

So..... I haven't watched in a bit.   I'm going to try to get through an episode.   Who is this stoned kid hanging out with Joss? So.... BM is Drew, SBu is Jason and Sam has chosen Drew.  I'm okay with that.  SBu has more chemistry with Ava and Brit or I'm bored of Sam/Jason/Liz.  So Micheal got the scheming blonde girl pregnant?  Oh I hope Morgan returns and gets Julian to hang him on a meat hook to relinquish his parental rights,  and that his spawn is a red haired murderer.

• Love 4
On 12/14/2017 at 4:37 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I enjoyed Finn/Anna.

Both actors seemed to be having fun and even ad-libbing a bit.  Finola seemed to be surprised when Finn tossed the stack of towels past her and onto the couch.  And her comments about Finn "stalking" and "moping" around were LOL, too.  And the topper was "a lot of men want to get with this."  Priceless.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 9
On 12/13/2017 at 8:48 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

I realize you didn't mention the others. My point behind that are (in my mind) more deserving people that are begging for screen time, but Maurice and Steve are eating it all up again and it didn't matter there was a complete regime change. Like I said, Steve Burton has the benefit of not playing Jason for the last few years, so that contributed to any new energy, and they never knew what to do with Michael Easton's billions of characters. Frankly, I don't think that SB acts that well with his eyes--he benefits from them being incredibly piercing. As for Roger Hogworth-Franco sucks. He was a terrible character when James Franco played him and he is even worse now. Of all the things they could have done with RH, like create a new character or cast him as Valentin, they picked a character that was only memorable because he was played movie star, unlike many moons ago when Liz Taylor played Helena Cassadine, who was tied into an already popular, albeit cheesy, plot. 

I will go as far to say neither Maurice and even less Steve truly earned the vast amounts screen time they continue to get . Sure, Maurice was one half of an extremely regarded Super couple,  but so was Kristin Wagner, Rebecca Herbst, Leslie Charleston (Monica and Alan were a super couple), and Queen of them all, Genie Francis, for which this show wouldn't even be on the air if it wasn't for her. As for SB, he was saved after years of play a milquetoast Q, he got the rare reboot and yes, did rise to the occasion. None of this warranted nearly 2 to 3 decades of dominating the show.  What was their good fortune? JFP, famous for her bad decision making, favoritism and her Harvey Weinstein-like ability to line up Emmy awards partnered with Guza's unleashed id. For over a decade, we got day after day of the Sason Hour featuring whoever was playing Carly and Jason love interest du jour, going well above their minimums, while vets, that didn't have any major health problems were featured less than character played by children. For all the talk of Steve and Maurice being so fucking popular, we got several interviews, mainly from Guza, scratching his head as to why the audience wasn't down for his vision of the Continuing Adventures the Holy Hitman and the Aging Bipolar Casanova. 

So there is my rebuttal. That talent wise, Maurice and Steve don't stand heads and shoulders above Michael and Roger, nor do I believe their long standing dominance was especially earned. Michael and Roger don't deserve it either. No one does. 

And I'd rather see none of them rule the show. Frankly, as bad as the show was, I never once missed Steve Burton or Jason Morgan. Not once. They barely tried with recast Dillon, Rebecca Budig should have played Sarah Webber, and now that they are bothering to give Andre and substantial backstory now that he his more likely on his way out, he is acting has vastly improved. 

You may not have missed them but tons of fans did. Like it or not, Mo and Steve are two of the most popular actors on the show with the biggest fanbase. I don't need to justify their success. It speaks for itself. Roger and Michael, OTOH...

Anyway, I will agree nobody deserves to dominate and the show should be well rounded and focused on plenty of vet characters,. My point is I KNOW Frank and his bullshit long since OLTL and I KNOW he caters to certain people and the show will never be balanced or even decent under him so any focus on the vets rather than his piss poor pets is a good thing. 

14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Ye gads that was horrible acting from FH and ME.  I've seen better high school drama productions.  The kiss wasn't even remotely believable.

They have anti-chem. Then again, I've yet to see ME have chemistry with any living thing. 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They're dredging THAT up to be Lulu's big scoop as an "investigative reporter"?  And let's see how sharp Lulu's journalistic ethics are if and when she learns about her brother's role in those shenanigans.

Watch your back, Ida Tarbell. 

• Love 1

GH is suffering from a massive case of terminal boredom!  

Sam, who is either blubbering like a an emotional crippled watering pot or sucking face in every damn scene she is in, needs to grow up and get a purpose in life.

Jason is as he always has been stuck, up Sonny and Carly's collective ass.  There is nothing new to come from this trio of story failures.

Alexis had better find a way to keep her constantly weeping daughter out of Jason's web of loaded memories or daughter and grandchildren will get sucked back into Somny's web of violence.

Lulu and company are such a snoozefest.....

Franco and Liz?  Shoot me now.  This twosome just doesn't get it. 

Finn and Anna and Cassandra.  Possibilities here if the gathering of evidence against Cassandra is developed and not just allowed to pop up like a jack-in-the-box, ie. Faison.

I am going to have to take a break from this show for a while and find something that gets my brain functioning again.

• Love 3

Julian's rantings in the station confused me, as his voice seems to curdle up strangely when he is agitated.

Sounded super weird.

Edited by seasons
Maybe his voice changed in prison.

I've never liked Sam as much as I did today in the scene when she tried to give Jason her wedding ring.

LOL at NLG's face at "Oscar?  Who is Oscar?"  The only way to get through this twin stuff through high camp.

Speaking of twins and memories, I don't get the point of Andre saving his wife's memories.  Did he want to restore them after she'd lost them?  Because that's not how Alzheimer's works. The problem is not the loss of the memories themselves but of the brain's ability to function properly.

19 hours ago, Perkie said:

That is the only way this makes sense.  Those ancestry DNA tests tell you the country your DNA comes from, sometimes the continent, not the small town.

13 hours ago, stlbf said:

And yes, Nell would probably qualify as having a high risk pregnancy. And she is currently unemployed. And I can tell you for a fact that not a lot of businesses are excited to employ a pregnant woman. Minimum wage sucks ass. It wouldn't be like she could just be handed a well paid easy job. It isn't lije Michael isn't in a position to help Nell out during her pregnancy. He owns the condo. He has a residence at his biological father's family mansion. Where his grandmother, a doctor, lives. I would love to see Michael's face if he got hit with support papers from the state. Since Nell should qualify for welfare. I'm hoping that Ava ends up hiring Nell as an assistant. If only to send the Corinthi into being stupid crazy. Leading to Sonny losing custody of Avery would be nice.

I'd love to see Monica's reaction to hearing that Michael expects the mother of Monica's great-grandchildren to do the heavy work of a waitress while she's carrying the baby in a high risk pregnancy.

18 minutes ago, seasons said:

All self-righteous making a special trip to see Andre. 

She is just as fucked up as anyone.

As a mother, I can understand why Elizabeth felt she needed to see Andre.  She put her trust in him to take care of her traumatized son, and she's just found out that he's done something so horrendous.  How can she trust that he treated Jake well?

• Love 2

"Deck the halls with Drew Cain's memory
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
'Tis the season of festive treachery
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
Don we now our gay apparel
Fa-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la
Troll the ancient JaSam carol
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la"

Seriously, I'm kind of delighted Andre tucked a copy of his work in an ornament, because it's dumb in a fun, not outraging way, and incorporating the holiday is a bonus. I'm less delighted at the weakening of Drew and Sam's relationship and her resurgence of emotions for Jason, but I'm resigned to this triangle getting milked for all it's worth. And Liz yelling at Franco in the previews is an automatic yes from me, regardless of the fact she'll likely forgive him two seconds later.

• Love 7

Alexis was unnecessarily antagonistic toward Drew today, I thought. It's not like it's his fault any of this happened, yet Alexis was treating him like he deliberately set out to make a complicated life. And what's with her "You're good to my daughter; that works for me" comment? I thought she liked him. 

5 minutes ago, seasons said:

All self-righteous making a special trip to see Andre. 

André deserved the dressing-down Elizabeth gave him, at least about Jake. It's a horrible breach of trust.

Poor Gene. His Branford Roadhouse (est. 1985) seems to have been replaced by Charlie's Pub as the place to meet. How did Julian, a convicted felon, purchase a bar with a liquor license?

2 minutes ago, Linny said:

Seriously, I'm kind of delighted Andre tucked a copy of his work in an ornament, because it's dumb in a fun, not outraging way, and incorporating the holiday is a bonus. 

Same here. It's also surprisingly soapy for a show that seems to actively avoid the better tropes.

• Love 5

If a man not helping out with the wrapping of gifts means that he's not really with his partner, there are a lot of people faking being a couple out there.

Jordan: shut up Julian!

Seriously. "What is this, pick on Julian Jerome day?" Is he 12? He's just lucky people don't point at him, laugh, and say "your sister kicked your ass!"

52 minutes ago, seasons said:

Julian's rantings in the station confused me, as his voice seems to curdle up strangely when he is agitated.

Sounded super weird.

Yeah, it sounded like he was saying "traahl" when he was saying "trial." Maybe WdV's Canadian accent slipping out? I kid, I kid.

Okay, it was funny that Finn's presents were perfectly wrapped.

Liz: I know that Franco is not the most forthcoming with his feelings or his fears, and he has a tendency to keep things - sometimes dark and damaging things, inside. Yes, sometimes I know he locks men into dog cages and doesn't tell anyone, and traps people in elevators and break into theirs cars and hides in the backseat, and has long soliloquies to himself to babies, dogs, and stuffed animals. But he's worked through a lot, and I love him. And that's why I said yes. We're getting married.

Effing hell Liz, no one cares, stop talking at trapped Andre.

I guess Gene Branson had to sell his bar to Charlie. Who had to sell to Julian.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Alexis was unnecessarily antagonistic toward Drew today, I thought. It's not like it's his fault any of this happened, yet Alexis was treating him like he deliberately set out to make a complicated life. And what's with her "You're good to my daughter; that works for me" comment? I thought she liked him. 

She does. She wasn't being sarcastic. She didn't sound antagonistic to me, just trying to get Drew to focus.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Loved Alexis' commenting on CarSon being Danny and Scout's guardians today.  "Really?" Heh. That's not a disaster waiting to happen.

I know! That definitely deserved all the attitude. I get it for Danny, but by the time Scout came along, Drew had been making noises about not wanting to be in the business. 

12 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Don't shoot me, but I kinda like Finn and Anna.

I wish the foundational writing had been a lot better, but I like them too. I'm so glad we got a repeat of Anna talking about Finn's moping and her expression there. Hee.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BF4L said:

They have anti-chem. Then again, I've yet to see ME have chemistry with any living thing. 

I watched that clip yesterday of the kiss, it's the first I've seen of them. Granted, I suppose if I'd watched them from the beginning I'd feel different. But I have liked Finn in the past, so thought I'd give it a try. So, it wasn't just me that thought the whole scene was bad ? Bad acting, and forced "chemistry". But then FH to me is sometimes good, but other times (yesterday being one) she completely takes me out of the moment because I don't see "Anna". I see FH playing Anna. I catch her acting. And once I feel all I am seeing is the actor(s) performing, I cannot get invested in the scene, no matter who is in it, or what it's about.

I think ME had chemistry with Rebecca, has it with Laura, and had it with Jane. But the only completely natural chemistry he's ever had, was with Jane. They never came across as forced to me, because they never tried to be more than friends (although I think Jane and Michael could have made that work and made it also unforced).

Maybe it's when it turns romantic with other actresses that it feels forced ? I felt it with Hayden after they became a couple. I felt it in that scene yesterday with Anna.

And I think that's more because Finn comes across to me as almost asexual. Furthermore, I think Finn is one of those rare character personalities (much like Tracy's, which is why they worked so well together) who doesn't NEED a pairing to be interesting in a scene or story as long as he has the right co star.

• Love 4

FH and ME are definitely infusing some ad-libbing into their scenes and I love it!  When Finn took that huge bite out of the Gingerbread Man and Anna noted, "that's very childish, isn't it, taking a big bite like that?"  Finn seemed surprised and almost immediately started taking small, dainty bites.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 8

I don't like Billy Miller's character. Granted I haven't liked a newbie in years, Patrick Drake was the last time I liked a newbie. Anyways I just don't like the character or his relationships. I hope the writers don't try to create a triangle with Jason/Sam/Drew cause that would be boring and the writers can't write a fair, interesting, creative, story, let alone a triangle. 

If Sam is going to pick Drew just let her and let this be the end of it. Also Jason needs to be able to move on. Let the character have another romantic relationship that's not Sam or Liz and let him grow. I don't like Jason but he deserves good writing like all GH characters.  Do something different with the character. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

I don't like Billy Miller's character. Granted I haven't liked a newbie in years, Patrick Drake was the last time I liked a newbie. Anyways I just don't like the character or his relationships. I hope the writers don't try to create a triangle with Jason/Sam/Drew cause that would be boring and the writers can't write a fair, interesting, creative, story, let alone a triangle. 

If Sam is going to pick Drew just let her and let this be the end of it. Also Jason needs to be able to move on. Let the character have another romantic relationship that's not Sam or Liz and let him grow. I don't like Jason but he deserves good writing like all GH characters.  Do something different with the character. 

That would be great for Jason if Steve actually wanted growth for Jason, but he's the one who's kept Jason stalled for decades. He doesn't want Jason out of the mob. Jason must always be the good guy. He doesn't want Jason to do the marriage and kids thing. There's basically nowhere to go cause Steve is really just there to make an easy paycheck. 

• Love 9

I think Alexis was clumsily trying to yank Drew's chain rather than being antagonistic towards him.  She likes him ore than she likes Jason, none the least because he got out of the bidness to give Sam and the kids a better life.

Does SBu really want Jason to have a new love interest? He hasn't really sold a "Jason in love" pairing since Robin. I get the feeling that he'd rather have Jason mopey looking from afar than actually have to do love scenes.  (Or what @NetflixandChill wrote as I was typing.)

Same here. It's also surprisingly soapy for a show that seems to actively avoid the better tropes.

It's soapy but also incredibly stupid.  People regularly get rid of their Christmas ornaments so they can buy new ones.  If Andre trusted Anna so much, he should have used a special ornament that she wouldn't give away.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

That would be great for Jason if Steve actually wanted growth for Jason, but he's the one who's kept Jason stalled for decades. He doesn't want Jason out of the mob. Jason must always be the good guy. He doesn't want Jason to do the marriage and kids thing. There's basically nowhere to go cause Steve is really just there to make an easy paycheck. 

Does Steve really have that much say in his character? 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Those ancestry DNA tests tell you the country your DNA comes from, sometimes the continent, not the small town

I think some of them now will tell you other people who took the test who have similar enough DNA to you that you could be cousins. * I am not sure if they give the names? Maybe you have to consent to that.  But I think that is fairely new.  Kim wouldn't have got any hits from Oscars DNA unless other Quartermaines had used the same company to test their DNA so still doesn't make any sense.  GH always plays it like there is some big DNA data base that everyone can access at anytime they want.. and it is stored at General Hospital. 

*this was my understanding after listening to A J Jacobs discuss his new book https://www.amazon.ca/Its-All-Relative-Adventures-Worlds/dp/1476734496/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513383137&sr=8-1&keywords=aj+jacobs

• Love 1

I think all the DNA tests in the Port Charles area detect if the person is a Corinthios or not.  If not then it lists the other families in Port Charles.   That's about three families left with substantial members.  So I buy Carly #2 seeing that Tater Tot has family in Port Charles.   And why would she not move?  There's so much there like the invasive 4 star hotel Metro Court, the 4 star restaurant that's so great the patrons dive through the sky line.   Don't forget Corinthos Coffee.  

17 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

Does Steve really have that much say in his character? 

Is the sky blue?

• Love 5

How generous of the writers to finally allow Sam and Drew to acknowledge the obvious fact that they are not, in face, legally man and wife. Next time they'll realize that they will have to refile their 1040.

Now when are they going to drop the other shoe about Sam and Jason not really being divorced for the same reason she and Drew aren't hitched, and that Scout is Jason's child legally as well?

I won't hold my breath. These writers seem determined to drag this nonsense on forever and ever.

So Julian is going to own a bar now? Because...Mac is still in a closet somewhere? I will forever believe that all they had to do was make Julian a doctor, not a damn mobster, and this character could have taken off. He still could have been Alexis' old flame, Sam's dad, and been a productive member of society.

Finn and Anna were better today, I think, what little of them I saw. I think Michael and Fiona play good friends, but I wouldn't put them together romantically. To me they seem more like siblings, with all the bickering and teasing and taunting.

Andre is one of the better male actors on the show (I'm being generous with my definition of "better" here) so I see why they're shipping him off, it always happens.

Speaking of twins and memories, I don't get the point of Andre saving his wife's memories.  Did he want to restore them after she'd lost them?  Because that's not how Alzheimer's works. The problem is not the loss of the memories themselves but of the brain's ability to function properly.

The closest thing these writers come to doing actual medical research on real life diseases probably doesn't extend far beyond asking Siri if "Alzheimer's" is spelled with one or two "z"s.

I used to have hope for Jordan once upon a time.

Franco's crisis of conscious is coming a few serial kills and rapes too late for me to even try to be bothered.

Kiki showed up merely to give him a pep talk? This sounded like a good idea to someone?

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Andre tucked a copy of his work inside a Christmas ornament?

I often hide sensitive, incriminating evidence in holiday froofery.  Especially when I run away at Thanksgiving(?)

• Love 12
9 hours ago, BF4L said:

You may not have missed them but tons of fans did. Like it or not, Mo and Steve are two of the most popular actors on the show with the biggest fanbase. I don't need to justify their success. It speaks for itself. Roger and Michael, OTOH...

Anyway, I will agree nobody deserves to dominate and the show should be well rounded and focused on plenty of vet characters,. My point is I KNOW Frank and his bullshit long since OLTL and I KNOW he caters to certain people and the show will never be balanced or even decent under him so any focus on the vets rather than his piss poor pets is a good thing. 

Well, when just about every other actor/character with any history on the show are no longer there, they are bound to have rather large fanbases compared to others on the show. Kind of like being the tallest midget. A lot of popular and well liked character/actors leave the show and sometimes that gives the show room to tell different and engaging stories. Jason is still Jason. He as a character never changes, just the circumstances around him. 

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, truthaboutluv said:

...I'm reminded why I don't watch regularly. The lack of subtlety continues to be astounding. I like how Monica makes this huge leap about Sam's feelings purely off Sam updating her on what's happening which is really the writers' way of telling viewers that's what's happening, rather than putting in any effort to show it.

I also continue to feel zero desire to see Sam and Jason back together and that continues to amaze me as someone who loved Jason and Sam for years. Although to be fair, I don't think I ever got over the hatchet job the show did on them during the infamous Summer of Sleaze.

I too was incensed that Monica felt she could comment about Sam's "neglect" of thinking about Jason's feelings in favor of Drew's. How inappropriate for ANYONE, especially Carly and Monica and Alexis, to be speculating about Sam's heart and what they think she should do in the circumstances.

The scene with Sam and Jason on the dock was so awkward. Jason only cares about Sonny's feelings; he's Sonny's slave forevah. I see his emotions and emotional growth as stunted and warped by Sonny's influence. Monica and Sam should realize that clearly; Alexis is too self-absorbed to be of any counseling and help.  Jason said it himself clearly to Sam: "I'm brain-damaged."

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
clarity
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, seasons said:

The more I think about how this young actor is playing Oscar, the more I think that it is actually pretty accurate as to how many teens are today. Especially boys. Kind of that flat affect.

Yes I agree but Oscar's demeanor is especially flat. He described himself as the artistic and emotionally sensitive type, unlike his male peers, and his mother seemed to attribute that to his lack of father influence. For a minute there I thought the show was hinting that Oscar is discerning whether he is gay. When he is interacting with Joss, her leadership and maturity are strongly apparent; Joss is strong in her own personality and sexual identity. However, I get the sense that Oscar's identity and even his sexual orientation are much more fluid and being formed.

• Love 3