Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ava's dress was awful. It made her look so square, and it was a wee bit short.

I know for the story André had to use identical twins, but if he's putting one person's memories into another, what difference does it make who's getting them?

Was JdP as stilted/mannered on OLTL as he is here? I wasn't really watching when Max had his heyday.

"Hello, Father Monroe. Putting in overtime on loving your neighbor?" Hee. I love Julian in snark mode.

As if there were any doubt that Jason Burton is Jason Morgan. Especially given the instant acceptance by nearly everyone when they saw him. Of course once André says who's who, Carly gets a look of triumph on her face. Ugh.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did Robin and Obrecht have a scene and I missed it? Or was @ulkis saying that they should have and what she wrote up thread, should have been the dialogue? Nice that Robin is still there. But she'll be gone after today, right?

Wait, what did I say lol?

And OMGEE. I think Hell hath frozen over. I actually...like Valentin? Find him...sexy and his deadpan humor...amusing? What alternate world have I been thrown in? Or, or, maybe it's just James Patrick Stuart? Yeah, I'll go with that. So, am I to understand that he's also a spawn of Mikkos? Wow, Mikkos and Mooby sure seemed to have populated the world with their spawn, haven't they?

If he ever seems as if he's about to start crying, do yourself a favor and skip the scene. It really ruins his vibe.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wait, what did I say lol?

If he ever seems as if he's about to start crying, do yourself a favor and skip the scene. It really ruins his vibe.

I thought it was in this thread, but it was the history, and I wasn't sure if you were mocking it or it actually happened!

On 11/30/2017 at 2:24 AM, ulkis said:

Dr. Obrecht: [Sighs] Live a little! Have some fun for a change!

Robin: Listen, lady -- you can kidnap me, you can fake my death, but you cannot -- I repeat, you cannot -- make me have fun.

love u, Robin.

As for James Patrick Stuart, I've loved him ever since he showed up as an Amnesiac on Pacific Blue, and then as a priest on JAG with a sexay Oirish brogue. Missed his stint on All My Children. But that's okay, because he was a villain, right?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I know for the story André had to use identical twins, but if he's putting one person's memories into another, what difference does it make who's getting them?

Well, it finally gives some context to Helena's line about having "her" soldier. 

But I can't believe that the writing staff envisioned the Return of the Cyborg Twin  back when that line was written.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't intent what would make the marriage invalid? In other words, Jason Miller would have to have deliberately given a false name for the marriage to be illegal, and as far as anyone knew at the time, he was Jason Morgan.

You could be right - my legal knowledge comes from tv.  :-)   If there was no intent to defraud then maybe it would still be a legal marriage.  Anyway, I don't think JasonBurton coming back from the dead would have any impact on Sam's marital status no matter who she was married to.

• Love 1

I thought KeMo, BM and BA played the Who is Jason, Who is Drew scenes well (aside from that stupid 'we're not brothers' line). Spinelli's gentle approach to Sam and Drew with the photo and the background info, and the fingerprint insight to Jordan, was one of the very few times I've liked Spinelli; he was trying to be a friend to Sam and this twin instead of just the non-stop Stone Cold worship and speaking in a way that strains the mental strength of others. Sam's anger and heartbreak, and BM playing the devastation made me feel for them and their kids. I hope Sam lets Sonny and Carly have it for quietly gloating and not giving a damn about Drew, after he's been their friend for the past two years especially trying to save Morgan. 

My big complaint is WHY didn't BMJason call Monica to come to the police station for the confrontation with Andre?!  Ugh. She deserved to be there.  While she's not a neurologist, she could have helped grill Andre on what, medically speaking, was done to her sons. She could consult with a neurologist about whatever information she obtained.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

My big complaint is WHY didn't BMJason call Monica to come to the police station for the confrontation with Andre?!  Ugh. She deserved to be there.  While she's not a neurologist, she could have helped grill Andre on what, medically speaking, was done to her sons. She could consult with a neurologist about whatever information she obtained.

I had the same thought. Monica should have been there. And she better be told everything on screen. I don't want some BS offscreen revelation. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava's dress was awful. It made her look so square, and it was a wee bit short.

Was JdP as stilted/mannered on OLTL as he is here? I wasn't really watching when Max had his heyday.

"Hello, Father Monroe. Putting in overtime on loving your neighbor?" Hee. I love Julian in snark mode.

As if there were any doubt that Jason Burton is Jason Morgan. Especially given the instant acceptance by nearly everyone when they saw him. Of course once André says who's who, Carly gets a look of triumph on her face. Ugh.

No.  It's like he's forgotten how to act.  But his character, Max, was always the lovable rascal, not quite a villain or a hero.

• Love 4

There's probably a treasure trove of Jason Q's fingerprints in the Q mansion.  I'm sure they turned it into a shrine after the car accident.  Pull out his old toys, old letters sent from camp, etc.  It's just stupid that they haven't thought of it.  Having Andre be the only one who knows means they can later state he was lying.

• Love 1

Man. That was....anticlimactic. 

I don't know that Kelly is selling exactly what the writers are marketing here, because from the moment Jason Burton came crashing back  into PC, I've felt that Sam knows he's OG Jason, and she's just not all that torn.

Dont get me wrong, I happen to love it. And who knows, maybe I'm wrong, and the writer's intention is for it to come across that she wants Jason Miller, whether he's OG Jason or not. I just find that hard to believe. 

But now that we know for sure which is which, expect things to take a turn for the not so subtle. Jason Morgan is going to get the girl, here. Or at least, he's going to get the girl choosing him, while he chooses to set her free(which ever of these SB prefers). 

• Love 2
On 12/1/2017 at 10:33 PM, Rowan said:

Dont get me wrong, I happen to love it. And who knows, maybe I'm wrong, and the writer's intention is for it to come across that she wants Jason Miller, whether he's OG Jason or not. I just find that hard to believe. 

Don't know if you're follow backstage stuff, but KM is pretty much projecting she doesn't want to be paired with SB again (she didn't say anything about his return on twitter, or at all, she keeps sending out pictures of her and BM, when asked specifically if she was excited to work with SB again, she replied, "I'm excited to work with all of the cast"). I don't think it's headed back to Jasam, not for long, at least.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15

"But Joolian killed my father, Dewk, and he didn't pay!"

Ah, Griffin, no one ever dies in Port Charles.  Wait around a few years, I'm sure Dewk will show up again alive.  All the tears you wasted.

• Love 4

Wow, reading àbout today's episode here makes me glad I was doing something else today. What a totally expected result.  And they get paid for this??

11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

it's important that Robin is JASON'S friend at the end of the day. Of course she would want him to get his life back and the woman he loves back. 

Is she not Sam's friend then? She was talking to Sam as if she was Sam's friend.

Robin can want Jason to have his life back (The other guy certainly doesn't want to work for Sonny). But that doesn't mean that he automatically gets Sam too in spite of Carly's pushing. Sam might prefer to stay with the other guy.

At one time Robin and Jason shared the purest love but right now if she was given a choice I think she'd take Patrick because she's moved on. Maybe Sam has too.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Robin can want Jason to have his life back (The other guy certainly doesn't want to work for Sonny). But that doesn't mean that he automatically gets Sam too in spite of Carly's pushing. Sam might prefer to stay with the other guy.

Of course not. But the point is that Robin would want him to get Sam back, if that's what he wanted. Robin knows it's not up to her and she never said so. I think Robin, Sonny, Carly, assume that Sam will want to go back to Jason, which is precipitous of them, but it's understandable they would think that given what Sam's feelings for him were once and that they didn't separate voluntarily.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Robin, Sonny, Carly, assume that Sam will want to go back to Jason, which is precipitous of them, but it's understandable they would think that given what Sam's feelings for him were once and that they didn't separate voluntarily.

Sonny and Carly of course because they couldn't envisage any better life for Jason than to be their lackey.

But Sam has been living with and loving this other guy for two years. She has a child with him. Robin is smart enough to know better than to assume that Sam is automatically going to fall into Burton's arms.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

"But Joolian killed my father, Dewk, and he didn't pay!"

"All I see is a man who commits crime after crime and keeps getting away with it!" When Griffin was wailing about that, I really wanted Ava to say, "This is exactly what happens with your good pal Sonny Corinthos," but of course she didn't.

11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Can someone here explain to me in Morgan-simplistic terms why everyone involved is simply going to take Andre's word for it which twin in which?

For one thing, he's the only person right now who can tell them what happened, and for another, I don't think we're supposed to think he's lying. He told Anna earlier about the memory mapping thing—why lie to her?

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Spinelli's gentle approach to Sam and Drew with the photo and the background info

He's one of the only people who isn't gloating that Jason Miller isn't Jason Morgan. It's so gross how Carly and Sonny are acting. I'm fine with them being happy Jason Burton is back, but wow, they're such awful "winners." There are real consequences to all of this that they are too self-centered and selfish to care about.

I liked Curtis's sort-of pep talk to Drew. And really, being a SEAL is galactically more impressive and honorable than being Sonny Corinthos's enforcer. Drew should be relieved, even if he can't remember a thing.

LOL at the picture of SBu as a SEAL. It looked so slapped together.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

At one time Robin and Jason shared the purest love but right now if she was given a choice I think she'd take Patrick because she's moved on. Maybe Sam has too.

I dunno, this bitch is still crying about a relationship from 20 years ago, so, lol.

In all seriousness, Robin moved on from a romantic relationship with Jason because she was sick of Carly's shit and couldn't watch her manipulate Jason with Michael. I find Sam's reasons for moving on, which I question in itself because she has believed she's been with Jason Morgan since 2016, to be a bit flimsy because Sam has been A-OK with CarSon and mob until very, very recently. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I see the comments above that the reveal was anticlimactic, but I saw it a little differently. To me, it was bookkeeping as much as climax. They're signalling that they're moving on to the next stage now. Mystery about which one was which could only be dragged out so long.

Now they have to deal with the fallout for these characters, and what this does and does not change, and I thought this episode did a pretty good job of setting that up. Drew is fixated on what he has built, and still wants no relationship with Jason. Jason is typically unfazed by that. Sam is still devoted to Drew, as is, in a different way, Curtis. Liz has to tell Jake his father is his uncle, and that he has a new father to meet eventually. Liz's scene with Franco pretty much mapped that out, because her read on Jason is exactly what he'll do and not do. Of course Sonny and Carly are celebrating, because that's all they've done since "Patient Six" hit town; their part will remain stationary. Monica, in absentia, still has two sons with three grandchildren by them.  

Realistically, even soap-realistically, I can't see a way the show's official line on the Jasons could have been gotten across to us via anything other than a scientific exposition dump and the gathering of records, so the episode was...a scientific exposition dump and the gathering of records. Some of the reactions by the actors were good, though. Billy Miller must be relieved to be past "I am Jason Morgan! I am! I know who I am!" 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Rowan said:

I don't know that Kelly is selling exactly what the writers are marketing here, because from the moment Jason Burton came crashing back  into PC, I've felt that Sam knows he's OG Jason, and she's just not all that torn.

But now that we know for sure which is which, expect things to take a turn for the not so subtle. Jason Morgan is going to get the girl, here. Or at least, he's going to get the girl choosing him, while he chooses to set her free(which ever of these SB prefers). 

And the bolded part (It was me! I bolded the text! And I'm trying to be as dramatic as the writers think the garbage they're writing is! lol) well, the bolded part to me is what the problem is with this whole twin thing. I'm not an actor nor do I play one on TV but if I was an actor, I'd imagine it would be more challenging and possibly even more fun to switch it up instead of going for the obvious because that's what the actor wants. 

Maybe it's just my Carly/Sonny hate taking over because I hate seeing them win, but in the show in my head, it would be more soapy if SBJason turned out to be Andrew.  I just hate when story is written around the whims of whichever actor TPTB are in love with (I'm ALWAYS looking at you Sonny, at least when it comes to this) and this whole twin stuff is a prime example. As many have said, they went through so much trouble to make everyone believe BMJason was the real Jason and now we're all supposed to just shrug our shoulders and go with it. It's stupid and I resent it. 

Yeah, JDP is acting kinda weird, I liked when he was Max but this Doctor character doesn't do anything but bore me, especially knowing he's capable of so much more.

Thanks to everyone re: my question about the legality of Sam and Jason's I mean Drew's or do I actually mean Jason's (?) marriage. I'm still slightly confused but that's on me, or actually, that's on the writers for being so bad at a job they make way too much money doing.

One more thing, since facts or common sense mean nothing on this show, can't we just retcon Franco to not be Franco? I know everyone hates him but I do like RoHo, I just despise Franco with every fiber of my being. Also, hello snarky Julian, please stay snarky and find another woman who is not named Alexis. And show, stop making me like Valentin, as long as he doesn't cry, I kinda like him and I can't help it.

Edited by tveyeonyou
because grammar is not always my friend, also, Sonny.
  • Love 2
On 12/2/2017 at 9:26 AM, peachmangosteen said:

But the writers are absolutely terrible at this. They're terrible at everything though so.

Maybe CVE will be better? I definitely think this Jason story would've been worse with JP.

It's weird seeing Jason Miller next to Jason Burton. It's like watching the White Queen being better at using The Iceman's powers. It's not about Jason Miller being all about Sam, I actually think that's kind of boring. It's about the fact that in two years Jason Miller made a life for Jason on his own terms - or at least had his own priorities, and boundaries. 

There was never any doubt that Jason Burton is Jason, but he's also a person who has basically frozen in time.  He hasn't moved forward at all, and I know that that's a function of the fact that he's been kidnapped, but I can't help thinking that if he'd been in PC he'd be in exactly the same place - like some sad little mob version of Peter Pan. His character is pushing 50, and slavish, dog-like devotion to Sonny is still the primary facet of his personality? It's kinda sad. Once you get past the reunions what do you do with this character?

Edited by Oracle42
Cause I overestimated SBu's age
  • Love 11

I have believed I've seen an uptick in quality now that CVE is writing, and I agree with Oracle72 that it would have been worse with JP.  

I know that some wanted Billy Miller to be Jason, but like most people, from the moment Burton was announced as returning, I knew which way this was going to go. Burton and Miller just are not analogous to Sarah Brown and Laura Wright, where the original actor would have to make do with a newly created character. Burton played Jason for too long; actor and character were too closely identified, and the hiatus was "only" a little under five years. And while some people did love the Billy Miller Jason, I don't know if he had achieved sufficient unanimity of feeling for it to be said he had made it his own. A lot of people were like, "Eh, he's okay, but I don't really buy him as Jason." So essentially they made that reaction the meta script.

It's to Miller's credit that he was well liked enough (by the audience and behind the scenes) that they went to this much trouble to extricate him and give him a new direction.  

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe CVE will be better? I definitely think this Jason story would've been worse with JP.

It's weird seeing Jason Miller next to Jason Burton. It's like watching the White Queen using The Iceman's powers. She was so much better at it than him! It's not about Jason Miller being all about Sam, I actually think that's kind of boring. It's about the fact that in two years Jason Miller made a life for Jason on his own terms. 

There was never any doubt that Jason Burton is Jason, but he's also a person who has basically frozen in time.  He hasn't moved forward at all, and I know that that's a function of the fact that he's been kidnapped, but I can't help thinking that if he'd been in PC he'd be in exactly the same place - like some sad little mob version of Peter Pan. His character is over 50, and slavish, dog-like devotion to Sonny is still the primary function of his personality? It's kinda sad. Once you get past the reunions what do you do with this character?

Nothing.  There will be a bit of reflection, but Mo and Steve are here to play the same old shit they have done and will continue to do.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Can someone here explain to me in Morgan-simplistic terms why everyone involved is simply going to take Andre's word for it which twin in which?

They didn't--or, more precisely, Drew didn't.  Then Spinelli presented the Navy SEAL info (btw, I could not stop laughing at the pic of SBu in uniform) and that his fingerprints would be on file with the Navy--which they could then match to his fingerprints taken when he was arrested in Port Charles.

But, yeah, talk about slapping something together quickly.  The writers really just wanted to get the reveal out of the way so we can get to more fascinating stories of "Sonny and Jason vs. The World."  Ho-fucking-hum.

I did think Curtis and Spinelli were both very respectful to Drew, noting his military service and why he should feel proud of that.  Carly, Sonny and Diane were all awful.  I'm surprised they didn't produce a football to spike in Drew's face.

If this story has done anything, it's made me feel bad for Drew, whose had all his memories replaced/erased and feels lost.  Andre noted he "mapped" Drew's memories before transplanting Jason's.  So mapped them where?  Are they on a flash drive somewhere?

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

His character is over 50

I don't think Jason is over 50 . . . SB isn't quite 50 yet either. Your point still stands though. Just being pendantic and pointing it out. :)

I disagree that BM's Jason made a life of his own though, until he bought the media company. For two years he was like, "well maybe I'll kinda watch Sonny do this mob thing? It's not like I have anything else pressing going on."

Funnily enough I think it was Steve returning that made the writers finally bite the bullet and decide to take him out of the mob completely. If SB hadn't returned I think Jason would have still been in this weird, not really having a job limbo. 

6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I did think Curtis and Spinelli were both very respectful to Drew, noting his military service and why he should feel proud of that.  Carly, Sonny and Diane were all awful.  I'm surprised they didn't produce a football to spike in Drew's face.

Hee. 

Yeah, I don't quite get Diane's reaction. I know she's not a nice person, but I had never gotten a sense she just liked that much Jason in particular ever before that she'd give a crap which is which. Perhaps she thinks mobbed up Jason would give her more business, but give people love to sue and Andrew and Sam are new at this, they'd probably still have given her a lot of business.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Now they have to deal with the fallout for these characters, and what this does and does not change ...

But the writers are absolutely terrible at this.

Well, yes, but the fallout is ostensibly where the stories are, not the identification of who's Jason and who's Drew.

I don't see how it could be anything but anticlimactic, simply because of what it is: "You're Jason, and you're Drew." How can you make that dramatic? If everyone flipped out or fainted, we'd complain of overreaction. I think Billy Miller came close to that the way it is, though most of the fault is with the writing, as always.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I can't help thinking that if [Jason Burton had] been in PC he'd be in exactly the same place - like some sad little mob version of Peter Pan.

I know. And it's reinforced by Sonny and Carly expecting him to immediately jump back into their lives and start working.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Andre noted he "mapped" Drew's memories before transplanting Jason's. So mapped them where?  Are they on a flash drive somewhere?

Ooh, I missed that. That's kind of interesting. I can definitely see André making some deal that if he restores Drew's memories (or tries to), he won't be as severely punished.

59 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Funnily enough I think it was Steve returning that made the writers finally bite the bullet and decide to take him out of the mob completely. If SB hadn't returned I think Jason would have still been in this weird, not really having a job limbo. 

I agree. Jason Miller was never all that committed to working with Sonny—he did it because that's what was expected of Jason. It also felt like Sonny was asking him to do stuff because that's what Sonny did. For all of Jason Miller's bitterness toward Sonny for dropping him like a hot potato, their relationship always seemed much more perfunctory than anything else.

It will never happen, but I want Drew, once he's gotten over the shock of not being Jason, to be totally relieved he can remove himself completely from the Sonny/Carly orbit. He'll be so much happier.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I don't quite get Diane's reaction. I know she's not a nice person, but I had never gotten a sense she just liked that much Jason in particular ever before that she'd give a crap which is which.

I didn't think Diane's reaction was as bad as Carly and Sonny's. I think she was thinking legally—i.e., Jason Burton is her original client, so her loyalty goes to him because the law requires it. Maybe she likes Jason Burton better, but that's probably more because she got more billable hours from him than from Jason Miller. I did think her gushing at the end was completely unnecessary (and kind of weird).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I don't quite get Diane's reaction. I know she's not a nice person, but I had never gotten a sense she just liked that much Jason in particular ever before that she'd give a crap which is which. Perhaps she thinks mobbed up Jason would give her more business, but give people love to sue and Andrew and Sam are new at this, they'd probably still have given her a lot of business.

Diane always liked Jason and has called him her favorite client for years especially since she does has to deal with emotional loopinesd that comes with Sonny and his family.

I don’t know why Drew is so resentful of Jason. This was something that was done to both of them and Drew is currently going back to Jason’s home with Jason’s wife where Jason’s son lives. The company that he bought one month ago was with Jason’s money. So far Jason has done nothing to demand Drew return any of this because Jason does not want to upset Sam and her kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I don’t know why Drew is so resentful of Jason. This was something that was done to both of them and Drew is currently going back to Jason’s home with Jason’s wife where Jason’s son lives. The company that he bought one month ago was with Jason’s money. So far Jason has done nothing to demand Drew return any of this because Jason does not want to upset Sam and her kids.

I get it. Most everyone is fawning over Jason. It's gotta be annoying to hear most of his friends say, 'whoops, sorry, you're not the true Jason and we're so glad he's back because you weren't quite up to snuff." And Jason's confidence and stoicism about the whole situation must be grating as heck. It just happened, he needs time to get over his resentment. And there's got to be some nervousness that Sam will go back to Jason.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't think Diane's reaction was as bad as Carly and Sonny's. I think she was thinking legally—i.e., Jason Burton is her original client, so her loyalty goes to him because the law requires it. Maybe she likes Jason Burton better, but that's probably more because she got more billable hours from him than from Jason Miller. I did think her gushing at the end was completely unnecessary (and kind of weird).

I didn't either, but I understood their reaction. I didn't think Diane cared that much.

• Love 7

I can't remember if she was always this bad but right now, Diane is a Sonny ass kisser supreme.  i'm beginning to hate seeingher ins scenes with Alexis because she's always on about how terrible Julian is when her darling Sonny and Jason are far worse.  Maybe Jason Burton is going to bring her more money as a client but there was no need to be so smug about him to Jason Miller.  I'd love to see Aurora hire a real entertainment lawyer and see all that money going to someone other than Diane.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's one of the only people who isn't gloating that Jason Miller isn't Jason Morgan. It's so gross how Carly and Sonny are acting. I'm fine with them being happy Jason Burton is back, but wow, they're such awful "winners." There are real consequences to all of this that they are too self-centered and selfish to care about.

Can I have that as their epitaph?

3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

One more thing, since facts or common sense mean nothing on this show, can't we just retcon Franco to not be Franco? I know everyone hates him but I do like RoHo, I just despise Franco with every fiber of my being.

Yes, please.  There are elements to this that could be interesting, for example his fear that it wasn't just the tumor but that he is a real psychopath based on something that was never verified that he did as a three year old, or his fear that Liz will go back to one of the Jasons now.  But as a character, Franco is ruined.  I blame James Franco and his real life ego.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There was never any doubt that Jason Burton is Jason, but he's also a person who has basically frozen in time.  He hasn't moved forward at all, and I know that that's a function of the fact that he's been kidnapped, but I can't help thinking that if he'd been in PC he'd be in exactly the same place - like some sad little mob version of Peter Pan. His character is over 50, and slavish, dog-like devotion to Sonny is still the primary function of his personality? It's kinda sad. Once you get past the reunions what do you do with this character?

They put him exactly where SB wants to be -- the Jason of the past twenty years, Sonny's lap dog. 

When I think about it, it's a huge waste of all the potential college student Jason had back in the day.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Box305 said:

I guess the good ol' Port Charles wormhole was used to go from Havana to the police station in record time. 

Jordan and Curtis weren't actually in the country of Cuba.  They were in the little spanish restaurant "Cuba".  It's located between Kelly's and the shoe store Bolivian Coast.  

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't remember if she was always this bad but right now, Diane is a Sonny ass kisser supreme.  i'm beginning to hate seeingher ins scenes with Alexis because she's always on about how terrible Julian is when her darling Sonny and Jason are far worse.

Yeah, but Diane's not dating either Sonny or Jason.

I think Diane might just be glad simply because she was correct that SBu was Jason. She likes being proven right. At least, that's my fanwank.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Rowan said:

They've had Sam remembering memories with Jason nonstop. Also everyone saying how Sam belongs with Jason. I don't see how Drew has a shot in this.

16 hours ago, ulkis said:

Don't know if you're follow backstage stuff, but KM and BM are dating, and KM is pretty much projecting she doesn't want to be paired with SB again (she didn't say anything about his return on twitter, or at all, she keeps sending out pictures of her and BM, when asked specifically if she was excited to work with SB again, she replied, "I'm excited to work with all of the cast"). I don't think it's headed back to Jasam, not for long, at least.

My understanding is Billy & Kelly dated for awhile but aren't anymore. That said, I don't think it matters what Kelly wants. The show is making it clear that it will always be Jasam. I don't see that ever changing.

Drews feelings for Sam may change as well when he remembers his real life.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

She liked Jason better than Sonny because Jason would listen to her and be reasonable, unlike Sonny barking orders and making Diane's job harder. Also, Diane both likes to be right and hates to lose. Diane has personal reasons for wanting SB to be Jason as well -her friendship with Sam's mother, and her relationship with Max. Diane knows Alexis has been under great stress as it is; the drama in Sam's life being one step closer to resolved (financially and emotionally) means easing Alexis's stress just a little. Jason wanting to resume his role in Sonny's life means Max has Jason to depend on/Max being less likely to be hurt or killed. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Diane might just be glad simply because she was correct that SBu was Jason. She likes being proven right.

This, and it's yet one more person to say that she knew instantly Jason Burton was OG Jason. The show likes to hammer its points.

• Love 5

But as a character, Franco is ruined.  I blame James Franco and his real life ego.

I don’t understand this. When James Franco originated the role, he was a serial killer. It’s not as if he was played by someone else first who was a good guy, then Franco came along, demanded he be turned into a serial killer, and Howarth has the burden to make him acceptable again.

I blame Ron and Frank, especially the former, who petulantly said that a serial killer deserved a second chance and was redeemable, just like murderers were.????

As for that picture of Burton as a SEAL? I ??? They should have photoshopped a younger Burton into someone else, or the uniform on his younger self, because Burton didn’t look like that five years ago or however long ago that picture was taken. That picture looked like they’d just taken it when they signed Burton to return.

Then I ??????????? At all of them standing around and questioning Andre in the hub of the police precinct. Instead of, you know, using the interrogation room? But this is par for the course for this FAKAKTA show.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But as a character, Franco is ruined.  I blame James Franco and his real life ego.

I don’t understand this. When James Franco originated the role, he was a serial killer. It’s not as if he was played by someone else first who was a good guy, then Franco came along, demanded he be turned into a serial killer, and Howarth has the burden to make him acceptable again.

Also, James Franco and Guza never intended the character to be more than a very limited deal. It was Frank and Ron who decided a  presumed-dead SERIAL KILLER was the best fit for Roger Howarth. I will never understand that thinking.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for that picture of Burton as a SEAL? I ??? They should have photoshopped a younger Burton into someone else,

I thought they did.  To me, Billy has really broad shoulders, unlike Steve, who seems skinnier somehow.  So to me, I thought they had photoshopped Steve's head on Billy's body.  

Is it just me or is Julian/WDv looking mighty fine these days.  The last time we saw him was in Pentonville where he'd been beaten up (which wasn't that long ago in PC time for him to be recovered, but I digress!!) and was unshaven and icky looking.  And now, there's just something that made me sit up and go wow.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Oh yea, no doubt it would've been worse with JP. I don't think it'll be good with CVE though. Or, maybe more accurately, I don't think it'll be what constitutes good to me. But I hate Jason, I hate Sonny and Carly, and I hate SBu, so really there is virtually no way this can be good for me.

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, James Franco and Guza never intended the character to be more than a very limited deal. It was Frank and Ron who decided a  presumed-dead SERIAL KILLER was the best fit for Roger Howarth. I will never understand that thinking.

I feel like this decision remains the worst one they made and that's really saying something because they've made some doozies.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I blame Ron and Frank, especially the former, who petulantly said that a serial killer deserved a second chance and was redeemable, just like murderers were.???

Enough blame to go around.  James Franco liked the out and out serial killer as a role to play.  I get the feeling that he may have pushed the boundaries even further.

And yeah, Ron and Frank should definitely not have given the role to Howarth when he joined.  But I'm not surprised, these are the guys who idolized Sonny and the Borg.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Enough blame to go around.  James Franco liked the out and out serial killer as a role to play.  I get the feeling that he may have pushed the boundaries even

I have to disagree. Unless he’s psychic, there’s no way James Franco could predict that Guza would be fired and that his short stint would give Ron and Frank, who took over, would resurrect the one-off character for Howarth. Since that came to be because of the whole who owns the characters/borrowing OLTL characters/Ron had to give them up, which led to those characters ( who never should have been on this show) to be jettisoned and recast as new characters.

All  the blame lies at Ron’s feet as far as I’m concerned. And he also had no love for Burton.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2