Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Those most important to him.  Other people would have pictures of their kids.

This. I saw this and just rolled my eyes. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

ETA - Good to see Sonny back to treating SBJason like his bitch. Here be a good boy and read the report and you'll probably have to go down to Puerto Rico to supervise, blah blah blah blah... I'm sorry happy you're back! 

And this. Today was the first day I actually got to watch an entire episode since Steve Burton returned and it only confirmed to me that I would much prefer Sam being with Billy Miller's Jason and this is coming from someone who loved original Jason and Sam. I mean I know it won't happen because the writers are too in love with Burton's Jason, not to mention, the whole BM Jason may be old Carly's (wow this is becoming a mouthful) baby daddy is probably a way to set them up as a pairing in the future. 

So we all know Steve Burton's Jason is the real one and eventually they'll reunite him and Sam but I really wished they wouldn't just because it's just so played out at this point. This man lost five years of his life or whatever the timeline on the show is, not to mention his wife now being with someone else and having a baby with someone else. And that's because he was off being dutiful errand boy for Sonny and he comes back and just goes right back to that role. 

It's been years and Jason is still blinking twice to show emotion and that he has a pulse, is still putting Carly and Sonny over everything else in his life, despite the ways they have fucked him over in the past. It''s just stupid. These people are all how old now? And it's sad that as others on here noted, Carly and others brought up Billy Miller's Jason wanting out of the Sonny business should have been the sign he wasn't really Jason. And sadly it is true but that that is somehow a bad thing is why so many viewers got so sick of this Sonny/Jason world the show became. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

1. No matter how many tumors he has/had and how much Liz loves him, Franco is irredeemable in the current situation.  Franco needs a total reboot and kicked out of the corner he has been written into.

2.  For supposedly intelligent people, the denizens of Port Charles trust their eyes too much, especially Robin and Carly.  The eyes see what they want to see and the mind creates a suitable story to support their reality.  There really needs to be more discussion about the brain mapping.  We know Helena Cassadine was somehow involved.  She referred to MJason as her 'soldier boy'. I do not remember if Helena had any meaningful contact with Jason before Faison shot him and kicked him into the water. We do now that Faison and Helena were old compadres.  They might not always have worked together and may at some time worked against one another, yet they sort of gravitate toward one another as partners in crime.

3.  I would have been more intrigued if Burton/Jason was actually Nicholas Cassadine. 

4. When is Cassandra,our new drug lord/lady, going to come face to face with Sonny whose moral guideposts rule Port Charles? 

5.  Who told Ava she looked good as a ginger?  Not me.  She looks like an aging bar whore now. 

6.  Just who is Dr. Bensch?  He has to be more than what he seems.  Maybe he is the real brains behind the brain mapping of the 2 Jasons. 

7.  Are we really going to have to endure another go around with Britt?  Who is she going to screw over this time?  Actually, she is to be pitied.  With Obrecht as her mother and Faison has her father she is doomed to a life of high expectations and little reward.  I am not happy to see Obrecht back on the show.  She is more caricature than character. 

8.  Michael, Nelle, Ned and Olivia are a major snoozefest. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This man lost five years of his life or whatever the timeline on the show is, not to mention is wife now being with someone else and having a baby with someone else. And that's because he was off being dutiful errand boy for Sonny and he comes back and just goes right back to that role. 

I don't get why Jason Burton hasn't had one iota of reflection about that. Well, I know why, but you'd think losing FIVE YEARS because you're under the thumb of the ding-dong mob boss might cause a bit of soul-searching.

2 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

There really needs to be more discussion about the brain mapping. 

It appears we get that tomorrow, now that André is back in Port Charles. 

• Love 3

These episode gave me weird feelings. I felt bad because Frank (and Ron) unintentionally did something Guza never managed despite his best efforts, created a character that got me to root for Spin/Jason/Sonny/Diane 100%. Well, maybe only about 95% for Sonny, who sounded like an idiot.

Obrecht: If I were to guess - 

Sonny: Please do!!!

(Andre walks in)

Sonny (totally unnecessarily and not cleverly): Well if it isn't the man with the answers.

Okay, we get it, Sonny is in the episode.

I was cackling when Jason said he wasn't grateful to Franco, when Spinelli said huzzah about him going to prison, etc etc. He's not going anywhere but I can't help it. 

Also cackled when it was stated no one in town would testify for Franco. And he's such an idiot, short of a Helena/Obrecht type, Liz would ask Franco to drop the assault charges against anybody, not just Franco.

I totally forgot that Spinelli officiated the wedding. The awkwardness between them about that was hilarious.

I thought it was dumb though that Franco asked if Carly would testify. Of course he knows that. If they wanted the lawyer to say the "she told me she despises you" line he could have just said that unprompted by Franco.

Oh dear at Oscar's tantrum. 

I was actually surprised that Joss stole the glass. I only wish I gave a crud about her mission.

Jason Miller told Carly to go to hell, good for him lol.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Jason Miller is okay with his kids being with a nanny at Monica's, but is vehemently opposed to a "stranger" in his house.

I guess Monica is in the house at the same time?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Joss sneaking around to get someone's DNA without their consent is the most Carly thing she's ever done. 

Which is more sad, how thoroughly Liz has been snowed into believing Franco's a "good and honest man," or Franco's lack of compunction in letting her think that way? 

When Joss said, "let me be the judge of that", I definitely had some Carly deja-vu. Run as fast as your feet can carry you, Oscar.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

4. When is Cassandra,our new drug lord/lady, going to come face to face with Sonny whose moral guideposts rule Port Charles? 

She already introduced herself to Sonny but then Valentin showed up, and Sonny wanted nothing to with someone who was friends with Valentin.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I love how Jason Miller is okay with his kids being with a nanny at Monica's, but is vehemently opposed to a "stranger" in his house.

Because it is a big ol loophole.  Sam does not want to hire help so she sends the kids to grandma's so it's grandma who is hiring the help.  This way Sam can take pride in raising the kids without a nanny.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

2.  For supposedly intelligent people, the denizens of Port Charles trust their eyes too much, especially Robin and Carly.  The eyes see what they want to see and the mind creates a suitable story to support their reality

Maybe for the SheBeast, but not Robin. Robin didn't believe it was Jason; told him that, yeah, he has old Jason's face, but he could be the twin. And it wasn't until he brought up Montauk, along with the phrase that she told him the meaning of, because back then, he'd never heard of it as new Jason Morgan, that convinced her. He brought the emotions along with the memories. As far as I know, Billy Miller's Jason has yet to have a memory that came to him from his own brain.

Yeah, sorry, but Robin didn't run into his arms and cry and call him Jason when she saw him. That's not what happened on screen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Today showcased Spin at his worst, it reminded me of how much I hate him.

This. I've seen too much of him, and I came late to the episode. Did he explain where his child was? 

31 minutes ago, LadyDot said:

1. No matter how many tumors he has/had and how much Liz loves him, Franco is irredeemable in the current situation.  Franco needs a total reboot and kicked out of the corner he has been written into.

Fixed this: (but I've never been quiet about my thoughts for the character and/or the actor)

Franco is irredeemable in the current situation.  Franco needs a total reboot and kicked out of the show corner he has been written into.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, sorry, but Robin didn't run into his arms and cry and call him Jason when she saw him. That's not what happened on screen.

Also, she mentioned that she saw him with Jason's face as well. Out of all of them, Robin is the one who actually saw this twin with the original face.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I totally forgot that Spinelli officiated the wedding. The awkwardness between them about that was hilarious.

I hated myself for laughing throughout that Spin and Jason scene. Give me like a week of it and I'll hate them again, but my gawd that was some funny shit. 

42 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Because it is a big ol loophole.  Sam does not want to hire help so she sends the kids to grandma's so it's grandma who is hiring the help.  This way Sam can take pride in raising the kids without a nanny.

Family first!!!1111 

But let's get a nanny!

36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She should have, too. Robin knows her boo.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She should have, too. Robin knows her boo.

Everyone who had a pre-existing relationship with Jason before he got shot 5 years ago have made that same realization. And all their reunions with SBJason were better than any they had with BMJason had when he was declared to be Jason.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Everyone who had a pre-existing relationship with Jason before he got shot 5 years ago have made that same realization. And all their reunions with SBJason were better than any they had with BMJason had when he was declared to be Jason.

Preach.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, whaaat? This is the same guy, as FonDuke, who shot him in the back, and carelessly kicked him into the harbor! Maybe he's not scairt of him when he's wearing Duke's face?

Isn't he also scared of Robert? You know, Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!

robertnov2012.jpg

Nope; he told Robin that "Scorpio is inconsequential."  Faison and Robin were alone on Spoon Island, during which time Faison said her parents and Jason Morgan were not concerns for him.  It was a scene in the main area of Wyndemere, while Nikolas and Britt went to the hospital to get baby Ben (now Rocco) checked out after he had been in the lab on Cassadine Island with Robin.

9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

At least Robin didn't get up all in Billy Miller's face*, insisting he had to be Jason. They bumped into each other on the bridge and she was going to leave, when he stopped her. And she told him about their relationship, I think? Or rather, the one she had with Jason.

*Like a certain SHEBEAST did.

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nope; he told Robin that "Scorpio is inconsequential."  Faison and Robin were alone on Spoon Island, during which time Faison said her parents and Jason Morgan were not concerns for him.  It was a scene in the main area of Wyndemere, while Nikolas and Britt went to the hospital to get baby Ben (now Rocco) checked out after he had been in the lab on Cassadine Island with Robin.

I know what he said, but when they had him all tied up in the barn, and he was left alone with Robert, all that insouciance and arrogance was gone. BIG TALK.

12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Everyone who had a pre-existing relationship with Jason before he got shot 5 years ago have made that same realization.

Which is another reason I hate this story. Jason Miller was the real Jason at that point, but he had a different face and was (again; heh) an amnesiac. Ugh. Of course once Jason Burton returns he's the one and only, but I do wish the characters weren't so self-flagellating about not knowing Jason Miller wasn't. They weren't supposed to! One thing I give the writers is that they're not having Jason Burton harangue people about that.

• Love 8

Is Elizabeth the only one who believes SBJason is not the real Jason, and the BMJason is?  Although Sam has never said as much to BMJason, she has all but admitted out loud that she believes he's actually Drew and she doesn't care. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Is Elizabeth the only one who believes SBJason is not the real Jason, and the BMJason is?  Although Sam has never said as much to BMJason, she has all but admitted out loud that she believes he's actually Drew and she doesn't care. 

Liz referred to SBJason as Jason when talking to Franco and coviincing him to drop the charges against Jason. She knows which one is which but she doesn’t want to confuse Jake right now. And she has picked up on how defensive BMJason has been and doesn’t want to upset him further.

Seriously when has Jason ever been defensive.

BMJason is already distancing him from his Jason as he is going full steamed ahead with his media comapny and dressing in suits and dead shirts. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Joss sneaking around to get someone's DNA without their consent is the most Carly thing she's ever done.

I only wish she has a few brain cells to research DNA tests.  She would very quickly find that a DNA test that distinguishes between identical twins requires the DNA of the child, the mother, and both twins.  And costs many thousands of dollars more than your average test.  Now I know Joss comes from a lot of money, but I'm pretty sure she's not that liquid.

1 hour ago, okwmember said:

I only wish she has a few brain cells to research DNA tests.  She would very quickly find that a DNA test that distinguishes between identical twins requires the DNA of the child, the mother, and both twins.  And costs many thousands of dollars more than your average test.  Now I know Joss comes from a lot of money, but I'm pretty sure she's not that liquid.

Seriously, why has no one thought to test Danny against both SBu/Billy Miller to know which man is Danny's father/Jason Morgan?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Seriously, why has no one thought to test Danny against both SBu/Billy Miller to know which man is Danny's father/Jason Morgan?

Cause everyone on this show is dumb. 

• Love 7

Didn't the show say the Jasons have the exact same DNA?  So testing against Danny wouldn't work. 

She would very quickly find that a DNA test that distinguishes between identical twins requires the DNA of the child, the mother, and both twins. 

I don't think they want to find out which Jason Oscar might be the son of.  Just if it's possible that Drew/Jason could be Oscar's dad.  They're looking at a simple paternity DNA test, which they could get anywhere.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't the show say the Jasons have the exact same DNA?  So testing against Danny wouldn't work. 

There has to be a way. Surely this show has not created the first situation in the world where both of the alleged fathers are identical twins.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

There has to be a way. Surely this show has not created the first situation in the world where both of the alleged fathers are identical twins.

Maury Povich did it.  They couldn't determine which twin was the father because their DNA was identical.  (They were identical twins who thought they were fraternal twins and found out differently.)

• Love 1

The whole point of identical twins is that they start out with the same DNA.  It can change somewhat through mutation as the person lives out his/her life but I doubt they can pick that up through a DNA test.  Diane's plan to get the old fingerprints is a better solution.  Also LOL at the idea that of course they have Jason's fingerprints because it's so natural to have multiple arrests. Doesn't everyone?

6 hours ago, LadyDot said:

I am not happy to see Obrecht back on the show.  She is more caricature than character.

She is, unfortunately  But unlike most of the actors on the show Kathleen Gati can act.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I got the impression that he thought that all nannies are live-in and she would be sharing part of their apartment.  Of course Leo would have a live-in nanny Monica's house has a zillion bedrooms, but many nannies live out.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

got the impression that he thought that all nannies are live-in and she would be sharing part of their apartment.  Of course Leo would have a live-in nanny Monica's house has a zillion bedrooms, but many nannies live out.

I guess BMJason forgot that he hired Leticia as a live-in nanny to watch over Michael after he was born. Of course, he is not Jason and that detail might not have been transmitted in Andre brain mapping experiment.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Again it can be done, it requires a more extensive DNA test that compares thousands of genes rather than the 15 or 16 markers used in the common tests.  It takes more time and a lot of money.  While Joss and Oscar may not have that kind of cash, all the adults in this storyline certainly do.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, jsbt said:

"Garren Stitt" cannot be anyone's real name. That kid is fascinatingly bad, BTW.

Somewhere Rob Derringer is asking himself why didn't he think of that one.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Aw! The writers went to quite a lot of trouble with the lampshading on our media moguls' Invisi-Kids. I was half-expecting Sam to produce a weekly itinerary. "You know, I was thinking. Danny loves spending time at your mother's and playing with that dog..." "I'll say!" "...and Scout loves the nanny..." 

The Oscar kid is cute enough, but at his age we need more. If he were eight years younger and playing Aiden or Danny, these moves would be sufficient, maybe. That tantrum scene opposite Tamara Braun was bad. Also, even if it had been well written and acted, it would have been weirdly timed, motivated, and set. With a couple things in this episode, I felt I had missed some days.  Mainly those scenes (oh hi, Tamara Braun, MD, OB/GYN, welcome to the staff!) and Spinelli just materializing in town.  

Plus, when Oscar and Josslyn are on as much as they have been lately, and carrying whole scenes by themselves, it really highlights how monotonous their line deliveries are. If just one of them had more presence or varied the delivery a bit, it would go a long way. The two of them together, as they are? Dead weight.  

Spinelli bugged the hell out of me in his Spin Cycle heyday, when he was on all the time with The Bad Blond One, The Fair Lulu, the Valkyrie, and all that, but when he just visits once in a while, I can enjoy Bradford Anderson's charming performances more. We can argue about whether the devotion is deserved or not, but his sincere devotion to Burton Jason is kind of sweet. 

I thought he also seemed sincere when he said what he said to Miller Jason at the police station. With some of the others -- read that as "Sonny and Carly" -- when they talk about how Miller Jason is a great guy who has done things for them, it sounds as though they'd be fine with him falling into a deep hole at the earliest convenience, now that they have the one they really want.  With Spinelli, in that one line, I believed it. So, yeah, I'm here on the Bradford Anderson fan bench, and somewhat the Spinelli fan bench, and stretching out because there's lots of empty space.  

Today had some good soap. Contrived as all hell, with everyone showing up at just the right time for the choreographed cluster at the police station, but I enjoy those confrontations.  

It is a shame Friz is fundamentally problematic, because Becky and Roger Howarth do play it really well. I knew when she delivered that unearned compliment at the end, we were going to get the patented soap Over-the-Shoulder Guilty Face.  

But I can't understand Liz's line in the preview at all. The name "André" is in there, but that's all I've got.  

Agh! The grammar! Carly's "One of you are..." followed closely by Miller Jason's "Curtis just text [sic]." No, Miller Jason. "Text" is not the past tense of "Tex." "Texted" is what you want there.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

Did Robin and Obrecht have a scene and I missed it? Or was @ulkis saying that they should have and what she wrote up thread, should have been the dialogue? Nice that Robin is still there. But she'll be gone after today, right?

I'm trying to understand Sam's resentment. When Robin approached her and started talking about Jason and Drew, how she'd been there, Sam just rudely cut her off. Now, is that because she believes her husband to be the real Jason? Then why doesn't she just say that and then people will stop giving her sympathy and understanding for being caught in the middle, since, well, she doesn't think she is? I don't know what she feels, because fast forward is my friend.

Talk about a 180. Kim shows up, disdain and truth teller to SheBeast and Mooby, and the second she sees Jason who she thinks is Drew, who is totally Oscar's father, she turns into a needy, weak mess? Alrighty then.

Why Drew and Sam even give the Shebeast the time of day, let alone letting her shove her way into their place, is beyond me. Especially after she dropped Drew like a hot potato and has been acting like he intentionally took over and conned her skanky ass and that of her murdering whining thug of a husband, impersonating/masquerading as Jason.

I didn't think it was possible, but Anna made me cry when she talked about Robin, Stone, and how they both contracted HIV and AIDS, respectively. Shallow, but I don't like this flat-ironed hairstyle on Anna. I like and prefer her fuller sleek bobish hair she had. Like when they found Robin alive. I really love that style.

And how old is Finn? 12? The way he insisted on working with Anna, how he could help, and blah, blah, blah. Has he always been this way? He's such a child.

And OMGEE. I think Hell hath frozen over. I actually...like Valentin? Find him...sexy and his deadpan humor...amusing? What alternate world have I been thrown in? Or, or, maybe it's just James Patrick Stuart? Yeah, I'll go with that. So, am I to understand that he's also a spawn of Mikkos? Wow, Mikkos and Mooby sure seemed to have populated the world with their spawn, haven't they?

Why does this show hate Kimberly? When she's always willing to return on visits? They dress her horribly. What was that monstrosity Robin was wearing yesterday? Or was that Wednesday? She looked an absolute frump. And Kimberly is gorgeous. And what the fuck, Maxie? You don't wait until ROBIN is there to break your baby news? or Anna. But that heinous murdering wench Obrecht gets to hear it?

My stomach actually curdled at hearing Liz telling that Serial Killer monster she was in love with him. I don't know how Becky does it, but she makes me believe her. Yet not believe those words coming out of her mouth.

• Love 2

I cannot stand Spinelli and this visit is not really an exception--though I did find BA's line read of "no matter what happens, you are both my dear friends" to Jason Miller to be heartfelt.  But, lord, the long-lost lovers reunite vibe of his first scene with Jason Burton was embarrassing.  

The notion that Faison would do anything other than cackle at Liesl's "run" comment is absurd.  And while I think Franco's "the tumah made me do it" defense is lame and always will be, he wasn't wrong in calling out Jason and Sonny's hypocrisies.  Their whole hideous circle (including Carly and Diane) and their lack of awareness that Jason and Sonny are also bad guys, will never not disgust me--no matter how much the show tries to convince me otherwise.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm trying to understand Sam's resentment. When Robin approached her and started talking about Jason and Drew, how she'd been there, Sam just rudely cut her off. Now, is that because she believes her husband to be the real Jason? Then why doesn't she just say that and then people will stop giving her sympathy and understanding for being caught in the middle, since, well, she doesn't think she is? I don't know what she feels, because fast forward is my friend.

I'm probably the worst person to take a stab at explaining Sam (she lost me at Dead Man's Hand), but here goes. 

These are the two key Sam lines in that weirdly snippy scene with Robin: "You know what? This is about Maxie, so can we just... leave it at that?" Then Robin mentioned her imminent plans to head west, but made a last-ditch "If you need anything, or need to talk, you can always call me" offer, and Sam said: "People keep coming up to me and they say, 'I know you're confused', but I'm -- I'm not confused. I know who my husband is. I have all the answers right here. It just doesn't seem to be good enough for anyone else."

What I took away from that is not that she thinks Miller Jason is the one true Jason. She's saying that from her vantage point, whatever everyone believes and whatever she herself probably believes, she's married to Miller Jason, they have a child and a life together, and he's the choice she has made. There was an earlier Sam/Burton-Jason scene in which Sam described -- while ostensibly talking about her parents, but we were supposed to see a weird parallel -- how you can love someone but realize you can't be with him any longer.

Robin is so unambiguously Team Burton, and I think Sam does know Burton Jason is the real one. But when she has these conversations with Carly or Robin or whoever, the other person has nothing standing in the way of saying what's pretty obvious. If Sam expresses that, it's a betrayal, because she's got Miller's massive insecurity to deal with, and she really does love and is loyal to him. So she didn't want to hear from Robin about her similar situation, because how did that end up working out? Robin and Patrick ended up back together, and the third party (the one closest to Billy Miller in this scenario) had to make other plans.    

I also think Robin took one for the team there, writing-wise. She isn't usually that tone-deaf. But she had to keep pestering and get Sam to the point of "Just stop, okay! Just stop!" and try yet again, so we can see Sam's Inner Conflict. And also see that the "You must be so conflicted" sentiment keeps intruding even when she thinks she's going somewhere where she'll get a break from it.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 14

All I want for Christmas is for BMJason to be Jason Morgan Quartermaine. Admittedly the main reason I want this is because I want Carly and Sonny's heads to explode. I just hate them so much it kills me any time they get their way.

And why do people think it's so strange for BMJason to be all kinds of angry? Wasn't Jason referred to as "Anger Boy" at one point? And wasn't Taggert supposed to be Auntie Stella's long lost love? What happened to that?

Also, I don't pay as much attention to characters that annoy me, but weren't Sam and SBJason married when he got shot and kicked into the water? I thought I remembered Sam and Jake Doe/Jason getting divorced then remarried, so if that happened, and if BMJason is really Andrew then is Sam still married to SBJason, if he does indeed turn out to be the real Jason? Argh! This storyline is so stupid! Can we just fast forward this entire storyline, it's giving me a headache.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Robin is so unambiguously Team Burton, and I think Sam does know Burton Jason is the real one. But when she has these conversations with Carly or Robin or whoever, the other person has nothing standing in the way of saying what's pretty obvious. If Sam expresses that, it's a betrayal, because she's got Miller's massive insecurity to deal with, and she really does love and is loyal to him. So she didn't want to hear from Robin about her similar situation, because how did that end up working out? Robin and Patrick ended up back together, and the third party (the one closest to Billy Miller in this scenario) had to make other plans.

The other part of that is that Robin and Carly and everyone else are assuming that once Burton Jason is identified as the real Jason, Sam will just drop Miller and go back to him.  They're practically pushing her at Burton.

If there is any nuance to this scenario (and I admit, it's probably either accidental or a result of KM's off-screen relationship with BM), it's that this is not necessarily the case for Sam. She's not the woman she was when Jason dropped into the water.  She had a child, was a single mother, dealt with her child's illness, fell in love again and had another child. And not only is she an older and hopefully wiser woman, there's a lot of history between her and Miller.  It's not as easy as it was for Robin in the Robin/Patrick/Sabrina case.  Or as it was for Patrick.  If there's anyone Sam should be talking to it's Patrick, not Robin.

It's not as simple as Carly and Robin make it out to be, and there's going to be a lot of pain for Sam and her kids especially if Burton is the real Jason.  Carly and Robin are doing Sam no favours by pushing her into the situation before she's ready to deal with it.

Also, does it matter in terms of the law if Sam accepts Burton as the real Jason?  Burton is still going to have to prove legally that he's the real Jason if he wants his estate back.  Or anything else really.

47 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I also think Robin took one for the team there, writing-wise.

Yeah.

Question:  were Sam and Robin ever the kind of BFFs that Sam could take something this heart-wrenching to her?  There are so few female friendships on this show that I couldn't even see Alexis taking this to Diane.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Question:  were Sam and Robin ever the kind of BFFs that Sam could take something this heart-wrenching to her?  There are so few female friendships on this show that I couldn't even see Alexis taking this to Diane.

Actually, yes. They may not have been besties, but they did become good friends when the show was teasing a Mac and Alexis romance, and they both tried to be matchmakers.  They also hit it off when they first met, not knowing who the other was when Kimberly returned to the show in 2005.

But, per usual, Robin isn't allowed to have any friends. Amazing that they let her keep her friendship with Brenda.

• Love 2

Thanks, I missed that.  The scene with Sam makes more sense now.

I think the problem is that they're writing Robin like Carly, as someone who thinks the problem is that Sam is refusing to see Burton as the real Jason, rather than understanding that the real problem is that Sam does see it and she doesn't know what she's going to do about it.  Robin's better than that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

The show has done a lot more with the Liz/Robin friendship than the Sam/Robin one, which I think makes sense. They're more alike, really; they both have shared familial roots in PC; they're in the same line of work, so they were on the same set all the time. And Liz is friends with Robin's husband without having had any "awkward!" past with him that they would have to tiptoe around.  

Beyond that: I would not think Sam would call Robin for support, but it isn't out of character for Robin to offer it to someone who's in a conundrum that is similar to one she went through, even if they haven't been besties. If, say, Kiki found out she and Dillon were both HIV-positive, Robin would probably even tell her she could call her in California. if she wanted to talk. 

What was off about it is that Robin usually wouldn't push as much as she did.  If she did, she would definitely back off at "Look, this is about Maxie." 

So, that was about 35 percent solid character writing and 65 percent one character serving another so we could hear point of view. And Robin, unfortunately, was having this scene after Sam already had had Nina coming up to her desk at work and trying to insert her nosy ass in it, and Carly barging into her apartment and being Carly.   

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

The show has done a lot more with the Liz/Robin friendship than the Sam/Robin one, which I think makes sense. They're more alike, really; they both have shared familial roots in PC; they're in the same line of work, so they were on the same set all the time.

This makes me snort with laughter because I remember the first time Liz approached Robin. It was after Nik's accident/being shot in the throat and he couldn't speak and didn't want to see Sarah. Robin was helping him. So up trots Liz to Robin at Kelly's and tells her to "stay away" from Sarah's "boyfriend."

Of course, my mind's all fuzzy how the friendship started.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And while I think Franco's "the tumah made me do it" defense is lame and always will be, he wasn't wrong in calling out Jason and Sonny's hypocrisies.  

I agree, but by my lights, he should have gone even farther and been more specific. Their crimes needed to be spelled out clearly and specifically so Jason and his backup singers would have to hear some unvarnished truth in a place where they couldn't physically attack the speaker. If Franco had done that, I might have even grudgingly liked him for a week or so.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what scenes aired that showed Robin pushing Sam to do anything or telling her she should be with OGJason. Robin, for some reason I will never understand, APOLOGIZED to Sam for there being two Jasons and told her that she had no idea Jason had a twin. She felt BAD for Sam that she's even going through this. The comparison to Patrina is about how Robin knows what it's like to be in a situation where someone has come back from the dead and his or her significant other had moved on. She knows how emotional and hard it is.

It's SAM who doesn't want to acknowledge out loud that Drew is not Jason. That is why she's mad. If that didn't matter, if she actually wasn't confused, she'd tell Drew and everyone, "Yeah, I know he's Drew! I don't care!"

I do agree that Robin took one for the team to get Sam to "crack." 

I also think it's important that Robin is JASON'S friend at the end of the day. Of course she would want him to get his life back and the woman he loves back. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, OnceSane said:
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Maury Povich did it.  They couldn't determine which twin was the father because their DNA was identical.  (They were identical twins who thought they were fraternal twins and found out differently.)

I can't stop laughing at this. First because it's real life and so soapy, and second because it's also such a Maury Povich–type thing.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

With some of the others -- read that as "Sonny and Carly" -- when they talk about how Miller Jason is a great guy who has done things for them, it sounds as though they'd be fine with him falling into a deep hole at the earliest convenience, now that they have the one they really want.  With Spinelli, in that one line, I believed it.

Yeah, Spin seems to be one of the few people who grasps the awkwardness of the whole situation. I liked what Spin said to Jason Miller. There's no reason Spin can't be legit friends with both Jasons.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

everyone showing up at just the right time for the choreographed cluster at the police station,

Soap time always amuses me. Jordan and Curtis were just in Cuba; now they're suddenly in Port Charles? Hee.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Carly and Robin are doing Sam no favours by pushing her into the situation before she's ready to deal with it.

I wish they'd have Sam push back harder on this, especially with Carly. (Robin's leaving soon, so it won't matter as much.) I know they're trying to drag out the "who will Sam choose?" aspect of the story, but they need to give Sam a bit of spine regardless. Have her say the whole situation is really difficult for everyone and putting pressure on her isn't helping things. She has to think of how the decision affects her kids.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd have Sam push back harder on this, especially with Carly. (Robin's leaving soon, so it won't matter as much.

And Robin never pressured her or forced her to do anything for Sam to push back with her. Sam staying in denial and refusing to acknowledge who Jason is and who Drew is won't help anyone.

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

I have never bought Sam and Robin as friends and never will.

They never were friends, lol. Sam was Jason's girlfriend/wife/whatever to Robin. Robin was Jason's (I can't think of a word to describe that relationship) to Sam.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Also, I don't pay as much attention to characters that annoy me, but weren't Sam and SBJason married when he got shot and kicked into the water? I thought I remembered Sam and Jake Doe/Jason getting divorced then remarried, so if that happened, and if BMJason is really Andrew then is Sam still married to SBJason, if he does indeed turn out to be the real Jason? Argh! This storyline is so stupid! Can we just fast forward this entire storyline, it's giving me a headache.

I think they were actually married the night FonDuke shot him and rolled him into the water but I don't think they are still married because Jason was legally declared dead so I assume that would have terminated the marriage and Sam would have been free to marry anyone she wanted.  If Sam had married Silas and Jason came back from the dead, I think her married to Silas would have still been legal.  In this case, I think Sam's marriage to JaDrew is not valid but not because Jason returned from the dead.  I think it would be invalid because Jason Morgan wouldn't be Drew's real name.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

In this case, I think Sam's marriage to JaDrew is not valid but not because Jason returned from the dead.  I think it would be invalid because Jason Morgan wouldn't be Drew's real name.

Isn't intent what would make the marriage invalid? In other words, Jason Miller would have to have deliberately given a false name for the marriage to be illegal, and as far as anyone knew at the time, he was Jason Morgan.

• Love 4

That was very anticlimatic.  Billy Miller was actually pretty good though.  I am not looking forward to the Sam/Jason/Drew triangle at all.  

I do feel a slight bit of happiness that Drew fell in love with Liz before the Jason Morgan memories kicked in and only fell in love with Sam after he got the fake memories. I didn't like Drew and Liz together, but this still pleases me.  

• Love 6

Sam: "Come on, Andre, tell us which man is Jason."

Andre: "Okay. The winner of the role of PC's Saint Jason Morgan is...[drumroll] Steve Burton!! I'm sorry, Billy Miller, thanks for playing, but you will have to relinquish the name Jason Morgan and turn over your leather jacket. You will, however, be able to retain your rights to the Quartermaine family, because Jason hasn't had any use for them for the last two decades, so knock yourself out." 

Andrew: "I don't believe you, you've got to be lying."

Spinelli: "Allow me to intervene with evidence I've gathered." [Recites from a dossier entitled 'Andrew Cain was a Navy SEAL (but still not as good as my hero Jason Morgan)]

Andrew: "Son of a bitch. I don't remember anything about being Andrew, but okay."

Jason: [turning to Carly and Sonny] "It's over, guys. I had to wait five years, but Jason Morgan is finally home and ready to bend over backwards to kiss your asses. I've never been so happy."

Andrew: [to Jason] "I may not be Jason, but you're not my brother, either!"

Jason: "Eh, whatever. You have all my memories, you know how little regard I give to brotherhood." [Walks away, leather jacket gleaming]

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

Jason: [turning to Carly and Sonny] "It's over, guys. I had to wait five years, but Jason Morgan is finally home and ready to bend over backwards to kiss your asses. I've never been so happy."

Given Sonny already had him on a plane to Puerto Rico yesterday, this sounds about right. 

• Love 4