Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Starting with Lulu herself. How many years after she reached adulthood and found out  who Luke really was and she still has not turned away from him. And unlike Luke, Valentin didn't give up raising his young daughter to her grandmother, brothers and stepmother when her mother was ill and in a catatonic state for years. Charlotte will be fine.

Also, her husband's dad, you know, did that tiny thing, where he kinda sorta actually shot a bullet in his chest!! And they just mentioned that last week so it's not they haven't brought it up again.

So many things on this show make one say, "but Sonny - !!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

slow clap once again to Frank Valentini for another crappy return. Jason/Steve Burton should have driven in and smashed through the door of the Metro Court, jumped off, punched Franco in the face, and said, "Carly, it's me! Where's Sam?" And then Jason spends the next week sitting down, because you know Burton would sprain himself jumping off the motorcycle.

This would have been so great. Cheesy and soapy, but in a good way. Instead we get the ridiculous Patient 6 nonsense. We all know it's Steve Burton. His return was promoted during the show. It's not a huge surprise. So why not have OGJason? make a really exciting entrance? It would have made a fantastic Friday cliffhanger. What we'll probably get is Patient 6 taking off his mask in front of Ava, but his back is to us, just in case we're not entirely sure who the knucklehead is.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ava does know who OGJason is, doesn't she? Jason still looked like OGJason when she hit him with her car, right?

It was dark and happened fast--I kind of doubt she got a look before his face met pavement and turned him unrecognizable.

Also Valentin lives on an island that they can only reach by launch so it's not really two minutes away.

People pop in and out all the time, so it's not a huge trek.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

slow clap once again to Frank Valentini for another crappy return. Jason/Steve Burton should have driven in and smashed through the door of the Metro Court, jumped off, punched Franco in the face, and said, "Carly, it's me! Where's Sam?" And then Jason spends the next week sitting down, because you know Burton would sprain himself jumping off the motorcycle.

It would have been dumb and cheesy as hell but at least maybe it would wake the audience up for half a minute.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. Where's Sam? Girl, you know that's not who he'd ask for first.

Edited by HeatLifer
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Ava does know who OGJason is, doesn't she? Jason still looked like OGJason when she hit him with her car, right?

It was dark and happened fast--I kind of doubt she got a look before his face met pavement and turned him unrecognizable.

I'm sure Ava's reaction will be whatever the story requires. The whole thing was ambiguous enough that the show could go either way with this. Ava might wonder why he looks vaguely familiar, or she might have no idea who he is. 

Carly really needs to get a job or something. 

ETA:  At least a job that she actually goes to.

Other than her job of driving Michael and Joss fucking crazy. 

Edited by seasons
And all of Port Charles.
  • Love 3

Carly's ridiculous petulant attitude is so out of control, it's unbelievable. I'm hoping she's going to get so heated that she'll give herself a stroke à la Aunt Stella so maybe we'll be spared her braying for a few minutes. It's a sad day when Sonny comes across as more even tempered and reasonable than Carly.

The boy playing Danny looked bored in all his scenes. Me too, kid, me too.

"Your family doesn't know you're here? Then who put you here?" You can direct your indignation and outrage to Frank Valentini (valentinifrank on twitter), Ava, as he's the visionary behind this plan. Why would Patient 6 write a phone number instead of his name? And what's Ava supposed to do with that number when her phone was confiscated? And am I supposed to be shocked that Jason has a twin when two basic tenents of soap operas are that everyone has a lookalike and that nobody ever stays dead? And I know Jason OG was the strong silent type, but for real, how much longer is Burton going to be nonverbal? And why is Franco the lynchpin in uncovering the truth instead of literally anyone else??? 

• Love 3

Did someone find a stash of Stella d'Oro biscotti lying around, and that's why Milo and Sonny are noshing on them? What was the point of the Milo/Sonny scene, unless it was to avoid paying Minor Cheetwood for a meal break?

LOL at the finger twitching. I wish people would wake up from comas and yell at the person sitting by their bedside: "Would you SHUT UP! I was trying to sleep!"

I was completely unmoved by Danny and Jake talking to Jason. So manipulative. I'm not buying it, Show.

Of course Michael bought Nelle's building. That's controlling behavior, Writers, not a romantic gesture.

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh thank goodness there are no Quartermaines in this story about a lost Quartermaine. #alltheyerolls

What would Quartermaines know?

• Love 4

Nelle looks really pretty - hair, makeup, black dress. She and Michael, although incredibly boring, look good together.

Sonny still sporting unshaven vagrant look. Even his clothes look like he slept in them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Michael bought Nelle's building. That's controlling behavior, Writers, not a romantic gesture.

Oh, it was the whole building?  I swear, if Nelle's building becomes the new brownstone...

Either way, yeah, that's some controlling, not swoony behavior.

• Love 1

I mean, I guess it's better than Nelle bringing her bags into Monica's house (Alan gave it to her), but not by much.

And hey, remember when Ned made some deal behind Michael's back like 700 years ago?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Betsy Franco is living in Alexis's old lake house. LOL.

Ava's obsession with OGJason is bizarre. I get he's a convenient, captive audience so she can monologue, but shouldn't she be more concerned about her own problems?

It was very satisfying to see Carly wig out when she found out Michael bought Nelle's apartment.

Oh, wow, I'm shocked. Franco's imaginary friend is real. Cut off my legs and call me Shorty.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava's obsession with OGJason is bizarre. I get he's a convenient, captive audience so she can monologue, but shouldn't she be more concerned about her own problems?

Right! I really don't get it. It makes less sense than the stories usually do and they literally never make any sense at all.

• Love 4

HuHow could that mother say she never would have known about Shriners.its on TV every day and every hour.

Carly and Sonny are annoying. I hope Belle is a murderer and kills them.

Why is that bar called floating rib? What's a floating rib?

How many times can Kristina and Parker talk about sleeping together? Ick. Kristina looks like she's a kid.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, seasons said:

"We're gonna stop for soft serve on the way home."

Soft serve???

Is it politically incorrect to say "ice cream" now?

I say that. Never thought of it as a PC choice (pardon the pun) though. 

5 hours ago, jodie said:

The Floating Rib (medical pun) has been a Port Charles institution at least since the 1970s, although it was a fancy restaurant back then. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, jodie said:

"A floating rib is a rib that is attached to the spine, but not the sternum. Most people have two pairs of floating ribs"

In the old days of Monica/Alan/Ric/Lesley, the Floating Rib was a classy sit down restaurant across the street from General Hospital.  It was a cutesy way to use medical terminology to name a restaurant and tie it to the hospital.  It used to refer to prime rib, rather than a barbecue sauce rib joint that is on screen today.  But I don't think the writers know the difference.

• Love 6

The writers are doing an excellent job of playing to Steve Burton's strengths.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, Darklazr said:

Oooooh.  Do NOT get me started on turning Rexx and David Vickers into Buchanan's.  Nooooooooooo!  I loved David, but there was no need to make him Bo's son and Clint already had three sons in Cord, Kevin and Joey.

It was worth it for me if only to hear David call Bo "Paw".  It cracked me up every time.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, statsgirl said:

Ava, sweetheart, ketamine is pronounce with a short 'e'.  How did everyone miss that?  And of course SBu's Jason is so strong he can fight against a tranquilizer used on horses.

Did MB lose his razor?  Or is Sonny so affected by Jason's coma he forgets to shave?   He looks like the wino on the corner.

Finally, I'm interested in a Jordan/Curtis scene. I glad she stood firm about Curtis working for Sonny.  Even if he's only involved in the legitimate business, it gives Sonny more room for his illegal ones.

Parker and Kristina still look liked they had a bucket of highlights dumped on their heads, and they're still boring.  And wow, how can Parker be more upset about the past than the fact that Kristina needs to have an armed bodyguard.  That's so twisted.

Valentin was creepy today.  Alternating weeks with him and Lulu is going to hurt Charlotte because of the lack of stability especially during the school year.  If he really loved her, he'd let her stay at Lulu's for the school year and take her for the summers and Christmas.

That always happens.  I was a brand new nurse when Pappy Bush puked on the Japanese Prime Minister.  The news reporters kept pronouncing his medication as Tee-gun, instead of Tye-gan. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, statsgirl said:

Ava:  Why should they make me beautiful on the outside when I'm so ugly on the inside?   (And that's what makes Ava and Julian better than Sonny and Carly, because they know that they are ugly on the inside.)

"It's not a decision Jason would have made back in the day."  Seriously?  How many times are you going to anvil that this is not Steve Burton's Jason.  Also, the Jason you know was brain-injured, Carly.  He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Also, why is Carly so willing to pull the plug on Jason when she found for Michael?  Is it because she no longer feels "the connection" to him?  How utterly obnoxious of her.

It makes sense that Valentine would have Charlotte checked for scoliosis since she's his biological child.  I guess this is Lulu softening towards him. He's wearing his wedding ring but he and Nina is divorced.   

Oh look, the Russian clinic has a Latina nurse.  And the sister of Franco's victim is familiar -- she's the suspicious cop on the Aurora Teagarden mystery movies.

Dante must work the shortest shifts ever.  He still had 25 minutes before he started when Lulu took Charlotte to see Valentine and she was still awake when he finished.

I am so tired of the Steve Burton Is Coming! writing.

If you're referring to Alla Korot, she's actually Ukranian-American.

• Love 4
On 9/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, statsgirl said:

They do, but it's not the best one for the child because they're always having to switch houses and constantly pack their bags for the next home. What if Charlotte wants to wear an outfit or read at book that is at the other parent's house?  The parents who really want what's best for their children let the children stay in the family home and the parents move in and out by the week. This is impossible for Lulu because she has Rocco and Valentin would never agree to it but that's what a "putting the child's interest first" plan looks like.

Also Valentin lives on an island that they can only reach by launch so it's not really two minutes away.

Just not the correct pronounciation.

Judges don't generally care if you're busy. The set up for joint custody today is becoming much more 50/50. And that means one parent gets Monday and Tuesdays. Wednesday is the drop off day. The other parent get Thursday and Friday. With the weekends being alternated. If your kid left something at the other parent's home, well tough. It will depend on if your ex is willing to bring it over, if you can go over and get it or if you can send a third party over to get it. Being minutes away means very little. Hell, my friend's ex moved 30 plus minutes away (and it was in the damn custody agreement that neither could do that) and the judge didn't care. As long as the parent is getting the kid(s) to school on time, they don't care. Hell, said parent also refused to bring my friend's kid to the sport practices and events. Which was also in the judge's order. Judge didn't care. Courts are heading to 50/50 automatically. Unless there is a true danger or the other parent doesn't have a home or job. Just being a shitty parent(in your opinion) isn't a reason to grant primary custody to the other. Unless the other parent's behaviors start greatly affecting the kid(s), you just have to deal.

22 hours ago, LillyB said:

If SB's Jason shows up in PC with memory intact, I will be shocked, shocked I tell you.

I think we're headed for Ava and Original Crispy Jason becoming a weird thing.  It's gotta be a weird version of Jake Doe/Liz.  Maybe Ava will name him too.    I'd say poor Sam, but she opened this portal to hell.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Judges don't generally care if you're busy. The set up for joint custody today is becoming much more 50/50. And that means one parent gets Monday and Tuesdays. Wednesday is the drop off day. The other parent get Thursday and Friday.

Yeah, a reason why child and family therapists are seeing more kids for anxiety disorders.  Kids aren't like cars that you can share.  Especially if the parents are fighting and snarking at each other.

One week here, the other week there is not good for Charlotte. Better would be to spend the school time with one parent and vacations with the other.

It's tough not having your kid with you, I know from personal experience.  But if the parents really want to do what's best for the children, they will let them have a stable home and a stable routine with lots of access to the other parent. It's hard to be the non-custodial parent but you've got to put your kid first.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, a reason why child and family therapists are seeing more kids for anxiety disorders.  Kids aren't like cars that you can share.  Especially if the parents are fighting and snarking at each other.

One week here, the other week there is not good for Charlotte. Better would be to spend the school time with one parent and vacations with the other.

It's tough not having your kid with you, I know from personal experience.  But if the parents really want to do what's best for the children, they will let them have a stable home and a stable routine with lots of access to the other parent. It's hard to be the non-custodial parent but you've got to put your kid first.

And there are plenty of doctors and therapists that will say that true 50/50 split in the end is healthier for kids to be with both parents. It is up to both parents to cooperate on keeping similar routines. But someone wants to be a jerk and do whatever they want, then they can. It is their kid too. A judge isn't going to strip a person of time with their offspring because one parent thinks the other is a bad parent. So unless the different ideas on parenting actually do real harm, has major effects on the kid at school or has them going to therapy and a doctor says it has to stop, most judges will say, tough, deal with it.

• Love 2

Friday's was a terrible episode all around, but that rendition of "This Old Man" was cruel and unusual punishment. Why, oh why, did the scene not cut away a line or two into it, when we got the idea? We needed three verses of that? The worst part is that it was inconvenient for me to mute it, fast forward, throw a spear into the screen, or anything that would have made it stop, so I had to hear every word and note of it.  

Also? Not for the first time on TFGH, I felt children had been written by people who not only do not have any but have never encountered one.  Party of one, I'm sure, but I can handle the "unusual" Spencer better than the kids they think they're writing as normal. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So we could see Sam sob at the amazingness of Jason's sons, of course.

Not to mention several close-ups of her phone so we know she was recording this amazingness.  I think I would've preferred an extra minute of Milo reading the freakin' crayons they have at Kelly's over this crap.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I can't imagine that it is any sort of surprise to any of you but Jean P admitted that they went to Google for Sam's cat poop disease once they figured out they wanted her to shoot Sonny and needed a reason for it.

TFGH!

• Love 3
On 9/21/2017 at 7:13 PM, ulkis said:

It would have been dumb and cheesy as hell but at least maybe it would wake the audience up for half a minute.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:16 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Or "Where's my best bud brother AJ?!  I really miss him.  Man, I love that guy!"

OR... to really piss off Carly, how about we have him ask for Robin?

• Love 5

Ugh.  The song was fine at first but went on way too long.  And if they are going to have the kids singing a song, why that one?  And why change the words?  And what's with showing us how Sam was recording it?

Why can they not have a single storyline that is interesting?  All of them are either so boring I forget about them, completely annoying, or really disgusting (looking at Parker and Kristina for this one). Give us just one decent storyline.

• Love 2