Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, L-O-freakin-L that Sonny thinks he wouldn't be cast into one of the seven circles of Hell if he died and rather enjoy an angelic, happy afterlife.  Screw you, show--he's a murderer.

The very worst sinner can be forgiven at the point of death according to the Church if the Confession is sincere. I'm a little fuzzy on whether the Confession "takes" if a priest isn't present, but a sincere Confession can be acceptable by the Almighty if He wants to do that. If a priest does it, my understanding is that God must forgive the person (who's sincere) because before He ascended, Christ told the Apostles “... as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” He breathed on them, and said “Receive the Holy Spirit.  If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained,” (John 20:19-23). Sonny might be forgiven then and there, but it is unlikely he would be taken to Heaven. Catholics (including Sonny) would believe Sonny would be put into Purgatory to suffer until he paid the price for those sins. Then he would be released to Heaven. think the writers are trying to imply that Sonny's sins are all forgiveable and he can be saved. Even if he falls again into sin he can be saved with a good and sincere Act of Contrition again. But there is also the danger of presuming on God's mercy: if a person drops into sin and assumes he can just use Contrition to fix it over and over, he risks God's abandonment.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But there is also the danger of presuming on God's mercy: if a person drops into sin and assumes he can just use Contrition to fix it over and over, he risks God's abandonment.

This is exactly what Sonny does. Fuck him and his only-when-it's-convenient-for-him faith.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The very worst sinner can be forgiven at the point of death according to the Church if the Confession is sincere. I'm a little fuzzy on whether the Confession "takes" if a priest isn't present, but a sincere Confession can be acceptable by the Almighty if He wants to do that. If a priest does it, my understanding is that God must forgive the person (who's sincere) because before He ascended, Christ told the Apostles “... as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” He breathed on them, and said “Receive the Holy Spirit.  If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained,” (John 20:19-23). Sonny might be forgiven then and there, but it is unlikely he would be taken to Heaven. Catholics (including Sonny) would believe Sonny would be put into Purgatory to suffer until he paid the price for those sins. Then he would be released to Heaven. think the writers are trying to imply that Sonny's sins are all forgiveable and he can be saved. Even if he falls again into sin he can be saved with a good and sincere Act of Contrition again. But there is also the danger of presuming on God's mercy: if a person drops into sin and assumes he can just use Contrition to fix it over and over, he risks God's abandonment.

I think this is vastly overthinking what the writers are selling, which can be summed up as: Sonny, mobster with a heart of gold whom everyone loves--someone save him!!!.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think this is vastly overthinking what the writers are selling, which can be summed up as: Sonny, mobster with a heart of gold whom everyone loves--someone save him!!!.

Someone save him—because it's not his fault!

• Love 11

How many more times is Laura going to let Spencer run off and do whatever he wants with ZERO consequences?  And I remain sad that Kevin's entire existence has been boiled down to Laura and, mostly, Spencer.  Can't somebody please ask Kevin how HIS day was?  Ugh.

And are we supposed to think it's interesting that Nelle knows about guns?  'Cause...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

How many more times is Laura going to let Spencer run off and do whatever he wants with ZERO consequences?  And I remain sad that Kevin's entire existence has been boiled down to Laura and, mostly, Spencer.  Can't somebody please ask Kevin how HIS day was?  Ugh.

Seriously. "Everything Spencer has been through," Laura? Maybe if you stopped indulging his precocity, he might not get into so much trouble.

Ugh, more whining from Ava.

• Love 4

Garvey for the win!  He doesn't give a shit about Jason "look at me, I'm OUT!" Morgan issuing threats. Then he croaks without giving Jason anything to go on. Hah!

Thank goodness Spencer is finally fucking off.

We're getting another useless Nelle backstory aren't we? Oooh, she knows about bullets, is cagey about her background.  No wonder Bobbie is still snitting about Nelle, with zero life of her own.

It's a CRUEL tease to have S&C in a building set to collapse in a demolition as the seconds tick down KNOWING that neither cockroach will die.

• Love 10

Did they even try today? Everything seemed more stupid than ever.

Nelle, inexplicable ballistics expert, confirms the bullet was recently fired because...well, just because. Guns are all over the place where she's from! She's a cool girl and she just knows stuff, no big deal!

"Sonny and I are connected, I'd know if something happened to him." Why, does a part of his soul live in you like a horcrux? Maybe that's the key to ending Sonny's immortality, getting rid of Carly. I'd be okay with that.

Laura decides after 700 unsuccessful attempts to wrangle Spencer that perhaps it's time she change strategy. Yeah, Laura, that's some good swift thinking.

Sam hallucinated her conversation with Julian about taking out Sonny? Bullshit. They're really removing all culpability from her and blaming everything on her illness.

Sonny and Carly are hobbling out of danger like they're going for gold in the three-legged race at the Mobster Olympics.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Vella said:

Garvey for the win!  He doesn't give a shit about Jason "look at me, I'm OUT!" Morgan issuing threats. Then he croaks without giving Jason anything to go on. Hah!

My hero. That was so satisfying to see Jason get nothing.

Sonny's lying in the middle of the demolition site and nobody sees him? At least when he was in the pit it made sense.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

And another thing, why would a PCPD security detail be dispatched to investigate a disturbance in the library next door? That's what hospital security, which we know GH has, is for.  These writers don't think AT ALL.

• Love 6

Ava, if you're that anxious to die, pull the trigger yourself. Otherwise, STFU.

Why can't the Black Duck distillery site being private and abandoned be enough reason for Sonny to meet there? The bullet doesn't mean anything.

54 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle, inexplicable ballistics expert, confirms the bullet was recently fired because...well, just because. Guns are all over the place where she's from! She's a cool girl and she just knows stuff, no big deal!

How many hobos do we think she's shot?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Vella said:

Garvey was a true hero.

It's a CRUEL tease to have S&C in a building set to collapse in a demolition as the seconds tick down KNOWING that neither cockroach will die.

Right! It just feels so unnecessary to tease us like this.

I can't at Nelle knowing about guns. What the fuck is this shit? Give up on her already, writers. Also, her hair color is so bad it's distracting. 

Michael is the worst. I couldn't be more over him. Also, his shirt is hideous and he looks like an idiot in it, especially with it buttoned all the way up.

I continue to hate Valentin. 

This shit with Ava annoys the ever loving shit out of me, but I do still love Ava/Julian scenes.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam hallucinated her conversation with Julian about taking out Sonny? Bullshit. They're really removing all culpability from her and blaming everything on her illness.

I think Julian was lying.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Scummy in peril.  That hasn't happened since they were trapped in a burning building with Ava.

And then before that when he got shot and couldn't walk. And then before that when he took a bomb and jumped into the water. It's so brave of Sonny to commit awful deeds knowing he's going to get shot or stabbed for them.

• Love 12

One little shell casing found at an abandoned building, and Michael immediately knows it means something about Sonny?  I'll bet, in this town, there are bullet shells all over the place.

Ava got insurance money even though she caused the building to burn down?  Is that possible?  Seems like the insurance company would fight paying for that.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam hallucinated her conversation with Julian about taking out Sonny? Bullshit. They're really removing all culpability from her and blaming everything on her illness

That's not about Sam, that's got to be for WdV/Julian. Otherwise, he sat on info that could have saved poor brave beloved Sonny. 

I guess FV re-signed him? 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

That's not about Sam, that's got to be for WdV/Julian. Otherwise, he sat on info that could have saved poor Sonny. 

I guess FV re-signed him? 

Not yet.

I seem to remember Sam talking to to Julian a few days ago about her need to get rid of Sonny to preserve her marriage.

I thought he was telling her she hallucinated it so she wouldn't confess to something, especially since later he told Alexis he was trying to protect their daughter.

I finally understood today, while boredly watching Sonny not dying,  why "Love in the Afternoon" was much more appropriate for soaps than the Godfather lite that keeps getting shoved down our throats. When people are actually involved in relationships, the audience can get involved in a variety of will-they/won't they scenarios. Everyone watching GH knows MB is on contract and that he's not going anywhere. Putting him in a succession of perilous situations that everyone knows won't really threaten his life doesn't make GH must-watch TV. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Ava got insurance money even though she caused the building to burn down?  Is that possible?  Seems like the insurance company would fight paying for that.

Don't insurance company hate paying out big claims especially when it was a totally iffy situation. Didn't Ava confess that she started the fire to the cops. That would be on the police report/report from the fire marshall.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But the writers are specifically sticking relevant Catholic prayers and rituals into the dialogue. Carly's little "prayer circle" poem is childlike compared to the ritual they are deliberately including.

• Love 3

Joss is as disobedient as Spencer: what's wrong with PC kids? Joss was specifically grounded, yet took off to a dangerous site with her flaky boyfriend, where both of them ignored all the "Danger Do Not Trespass" signs and roamed about as demolition crews prepared to blow it all up. And now she's begging people not to tell on her? Seems to me that is just what she wants. Joss is in unconscious rebellion against Carly, and needs to 'fess up. Spencer is just a nightmare and should have been strangled in his crib. He's illegitimate, right? How can his civil suit succeed?

This is fucking torture. How long will they torture us with Sonny not dying. When they started that demolition countdown at 30, I was like, wait, what the fuck happend to 10! They always start countdowns at 10!!!! Nooooo!!!! My God, the humanity! 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Linny said:

"Sonny and I are connected, I'd know if something happened to him." Why, does a part of his soul live in you like a horcrux? Maybe that's the key to ending Sonny's immortality, getting rid of Carly. I'd be okay with that.

Sonny and Carly are hobbling out of danger like they're going for gold in the three-legged race at the Mobster Olympics.

Thank you for writing this! LOL!!

• Love 3

I don't mind Joss rebelling against Carly.  She's at the age to rebel and she's fed up with Sonny and Carly giving in to him all the time.  I would have skipped out too.  Spencer on the other hand...

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

How many more times is Laura going to let Spencer run off and do whatever he wants with ZERO consequences?

I have the feeling that the consequences are going to be she sends him back to boarding school. Isn't NB's time on the show up soon?

9 hours ago, Linny said:

Julian told Alexis that he was protecting his daughter.  Because their history means nothing if Sonny and especially Carly find out that it was Sam wanted Sonny dead and it was she who kicked Sonny down the dumpster.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

This is fucking torture. How long will they torture us with Sonny not dying. When they started that demolition countdown at 30, I was like, wait, what the fuck happend to 10! They always start countdowns at 10!!!! Nooooo!!!! My God, the humanity! 

It so stupid. Michael is working with Sonny to develop that property. Why didn't he have his people to delay the demolition until after they did a search for Sonny. Why didn't Carly call Michael/Dante the second, she saw Sonny.

• Love 5
On 8/2/2017 at 9:52 PM, stlbf said:

So, I really can't remember a time where Sonny ever really lost.

How about when Luke went to Casa Corinthos and made Sonny cancel the hit he ordered on him?  I loved that episode just based on the dismissive way Luke handled Jason.  It was kind of like "go away little boy, the grown-ups have stuff to talk about."

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Star Aristille said:

How's that funny?  I can see Carly caring about Spencer.  She was very good friends with Courtney,* so I could see her caring about her son.  And as a bonus (for her, at least), he's Sonny's nephew.  Of course she'd care about anyone related to him.

*Yes, I totally said her name.  I don't get why everyone doesn't like to mention her by name, but I'm beyond sick of it.  There've been far more heinous characters than she.  She was a character on this show, people.  That is never going to change.

She tried to steal him didn't she ?  Lied to Jax. Forged the papers .

• Love 2
17 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Joss is as disobedient as Spencer: what's wrong with PC kids?

Spencer is an overindulged brat, but Joss' hatred of Sonny and Carly is the best thing about her. Carly may be her mother, but frankly she doesn't deserve any respect and Sonny even less so.

• Love 12

Sayonara, Spencer! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Laura, you need to have a long talk with the school authorities so they don't believe whatever cockamamie story Spencer will try to float to leave.

The doctor manhandling Jason out of Garvey's room is today's hero.

LOL we didn't see the explosion. Not even Sonny can increase the budget. Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I actually felt a tiny bit sorry for Spencer when he said he was afraid to be alone, but not so sorry that I'm not still thrilled he's leaving. Au revoir, Spencer. May you enjoy your fancy French school, and may Laura and Kevin enjoy living life on their own terms.

That throwback photo of Hunchback Valentin is possibly the greatest gift this show has given me. I laugh every time we see it. I don't care whether Ava gets her face fixed or not, I just need her to stop moping around. She's Ava fucking Jerome, and it's time she act like it.

Groggy Sonny was a real treat, from talking like his mouth was glued shut with peanut butter to saying gems like "I don't want you to hurt because of me, Carly." I could have done without 90% of those flashbacks, because they're stretching this shit out way too much. Can't we just move on and let Sonny convalesce off screen for a nice long while?

• Love 4

Once again, this show does not get how TIME works.  You can't have Ava/Quasimodo talking in Ava's apartment and Laura/Spencer/Kevin talking outside Kelly's and in the same time, have the Cockroaches get caught in a blast, dig themselves out, go to the hospital, have Sonny go through surgery to get the bullet, come out of surgery and wake up groggy in recovery.  It doesn't fucking WORK.  Ava/Quasi and Laura/Kevin/Spencer MIGHT take 30 minutes to 1 hour, all things Sonny would have taken upwards of 12 hours.  Idiots.

I did like Ava/Quasimodo talk today. That was actually good. This is why Ava will always been far more interesting than Carly, Sonny, Jason, Sam, Franco combined can ever hope to be. They don't box her in. She's allowed to be selfish and do terrible things and 3/4 of the canvas isn't rushing around fixing her problems or insisting how amazing she is.  For now she's going to hang onto that thread of decency, but her fears and self-pity and self-loathing is going to get the better of her.  The other idiots may get the limelight and cheer squads but Ava gets the meat.

I'm so glad Spencer's going. NB is a good actor, when he got emotional, that was GOOD STUFF and I can't believe the show wasted YEARS on him behaving like a little shit instead of focusing on the fact that he's alone, afraid to be alone, fearful that he's not loved.  Hopefully he's gone for a LONG time.

And while I get the context of why Jason wanted Sam to rest, when he told her to 'just stop' to get her to shut up, that irritated me.  You shut the fuck up you goon, you just badgered someone to death, why don't YOU fucking simmer down?

• Love 7

I know they have to paint Valentin as the bad guy, but he hasn't shown any sign of violence toward kids. I wish they'd given Laura a better reason to send Spencer away—not wanting him to hear all the dirt that might come out during the civil trial is better than making him the evulest evul who ever evuled.

19 minutes ago, Vella said:

I can't believe the show wasted YEARS on him behaving like a little shit instead of focusing on the fact that he's alone, afraid to be alone, fearful that he's not loved.

That was good, except a part of me felt Spencer was emotionally manipulating Laura. That's what happens when they don't give her more of those vulnerable moments—Nina and Ava got them; WTF?—and instead focus on him being a little shit.

Also, KEVIN is the one who talks Spencer into going back to boarding school? I love Kevin, and I don't mind him helping Laura, but why isn't Spencer's grandmother given the moral and emotional authority here?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Griff and Finn were certainly acting overwrought for being doctors.  They had a diagnosis, Sam was comatose for a minute, yet it was almost like they couldn't go on. 

• Love 1

Ava's revulsion at her looks would make a lot more sense if it were longer than a month since she was burned.

"Hey...you're supposed to be resting," says Carly to a semiconscious Sonny. Huh?

The only thing Sam did deliberately was push Sonny into the pit. Shooting him wasn't intentional, unfortunately for us, but typical of this fakakta show to not want to besmirch any of its favorites. It's bad enough everything Sam said to Sonny at the site was absolutely true, but it's all going to be discounted because of her stupid infections.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only thing Sam did deliberately was push Sonny into the pit. Shooting him wasn't intentional, unfortunately for us, but typical of this fakakta show to not want to besmirch any of its favorites. It's bad enough everything Sam said to Sonny at the site was absolutely true, but it's all going to be discounted because of her stupid infections.

But think of all the good the upcoming PSAs for Birthing Through Your Jeans Disease will do makes it all worthwhile.

• Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, dubbel zout said:

That doesn't make driving drunk any less gross and unacceptable.

This show has been full of gross, unacceptable plot points and characters for well over a decade, now. It's part of the reason that little by little, viewers have shut it off. You've got characters like Carly, Sonny, Jason and Sam as the "heroes" and leads.  Just because people in the world have gone crazy and do whatever they want to each other, doesn't mean the average viewer wants to tune in to a show they watch for entertainment, and see the SAME THING. Shows like this used to be about TRUE romance and ESCAPISM.

Now, they are about who is the most vile, and who can get away with the most crimes. And giving someone lame excuses for hurting someone else. What a shame.

All that to say, I enjoyed RBu as Hayden, for the most part. I found her obsession with Nikolas after he shot her, to be disgusting. And I found her and Finn forced, most of the time. But she at least put energy into her scenes. I will watch her last days, if I haven't already missed them. I haven't watched since Jane left, other than Ned's wedding, so I have no clue when RBu's last airdate is.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yay, Spencer's leaving!  But boo, Laura and Kevin are going with him for a few weeks.  Poor Kevin.

JL had a look today that screamed, "I hate my life, but I need this money to support my family." It was hilarious.

I am so beyond tired of Valentin's, "I didn't really shoot Nicolas. It was self-defense. Why is everyone so mean to me?!" song and dance. And also I'm tired of Ava giving the fuck up on her life over what looks like a severe sunburn. 

NB was really good today. Super glad he's leaving though.

• Love 2

Jesus God. This show is a regular fucking Public Service Announcement for burn victims and people with scoliosis --letting you know that your life is ruined, you are a monster, an ogre, "the stuff of children's nightmares", and will pretty much have to stay in hiding because people will barely be able to stand the sight of you. ... ... Not exactly as positive as the Shriners Hospitals or Anna's blood disease PSA's, but hey, at least they didn't advise to just go kill yourself.  

• Love 17

I don't like GF crying at the drop of a hat when her grandchild is sent back to school, even though I know it has always been her MO. Tears and sniveling when she rendered her disciplinary decision about sending Spencer back to finishing school caused me to roll the eyes. She was right to explain to him that Valentin is her adult problem, but I'd like to see her cheerfully and enthusiastically describe the new challenges and adventures he will enjoy at school. Spencer should be in math and chess competitions and play his favorite sports and act in his favorite plays and travel to develop himself  instead of scheming vendettas to avenge his father. He needs pets and music lessons and a ton of fascinating books to read. Teach him exercise and how to cook. Riding lessons and sailing lessons. No need for tears and drama. Teach the kid to enjoy life and its countless opportunities.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 7