Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm surprised that the thunder was making Carly jumpy. She's been around so much gunfire that I wouldn't expect a storm to faze her. Sonny's behavior was making my skin crawl; encouraging Carly to stay in a soaking wet dress and making her a too strong drink is majorly creepy. 

Jason's "WTF???" face when Michael offered him a job was hilarious. Sam desperately trying to get him to take the job was not fun at all, though, but at least she wasn't clutching that huge knife today.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Nelle at Crimson. I'd actually love it if her story was just about the magazine and her career and they dropped the lame romance with Michael.

"Laura, we have a problem--Spencer's gone." See, Kevin, that sounds like the opposite of a problem to me.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As always, STFU, Spencer. Passive-aggression is not a good look. Be grateful you weren't shipped off to summer camp.

Spencer and Amy are taking over the show, and I don't like it one bit. Spencer ought to get a major timeout for disappearing from his adults and worrying them. Amy must be pretty competent if she is both a graduate nurse and a capable writer/psychologist, so why must she speak in a baby-ish voice and clap her hands and hug people like an exuberant doll? Her hair texture, color, and cut resemble a doll's strands too. Seeing Spencer and Amy onscreen is as irritating as nails dragging on a chalkboard.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Linny said:

Jason's "WTF???" face when Michael offered him a job was hilarious. Sam desperately trying to get him to take the job was not fun at all, though, but at least she wasn't clutching that huge knife today.

It just doesn't make sense for Sam to urge Jason to be away from home so much right now. She's exhausted after just having a baby and getting Scout to sleep through the night. Scout is a fussy baby. And though we seldom see Danny, he is at that age when little boys love to explore and get into everything. Sam needs Jason to help her get the household routine on an even predictable keel. He shouldn't be away from home for extended periods of time. They could profit from hiring extra help for Sam now even when Jason IS at home.

• Love 3

The UCG this episode was Michael giving Jason the job to evaluate new sources of energy (or whatever) because he's the perfect person to do it. Who knew that being a pre-med student and hit man qualified you for bio-engineering evaluations.

Runner-up was when Nelle was talking about how important step parents are to a child even when they have a parent and then they cut Michael explaining how he is restructuing the company without any mention of his birth father who was never allowed in his life.

Spencer:  If I was Charlotte....

Too bad Spencer's expensive school didn't teach him the use of the subjunctive.  It's "If I were", Spencer.  They're so busy making him say big words they forgot to have him speak correct English.

I actually liked Amy 2.0's solution to the problem of the photo. It's still a stupid plot but that was a clever twist

• Love 7
(edited)

Was Jason always so blasé about money? I don't have a problem with him trusting Michael to rearrange the Q trusts, but wouldn't he want to take a look at the paperwork just so he knows what's going on?

Oh, har, har. It's a parrot that's freaking Carly out. FFS.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The UCG this episode was Michael giving Jason the job to evaluate new sources of energy (or whatever) because he's the perfect person to do it. Who knew that being a pre-med student and hit man qualified you for bio-engineering evaluations.

Who knew being a high school graduate qualified you to be the CEO of a multinational company? Neither Michael nor Jason is in any way qualified to work at ELQ in any position but entry level.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I actually liked Amy 2.0's solution to the problem of the photo. It's still a stupid plot but that was a clever twist

I was legit shocked that she came up with something so logical. Of course this whole Man Landers thing will eventually blow up in her face, but it was a very good compromise for the time being.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Who knew being a high school graduate qualitified you to be the CEO of a multinational company? Neither Michael nor Jason is in any way qualified to work at ELQ in any position but entry level.

Which made Michael's dismissive comment about Ned's objections to his super awesome renewable energy idea so eye-roll-y.

• Love 7

i watched the episode with ava screaming in horror. the story makes me queasy. this actress has to perform with these bandages on .it can't be easy.

how could they have made ava so stupid to throw a kerosene lamp? if ava has a lifetime of pain and surgery why would she go back to work? what would become of her gallery? 

is ava supposed to stay in the same town with sonny and carly? they couldn't bother to go back for  her. 

Sonny and carly should be burnt too.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was Jason always so blasé about money? I don't have a problem with him trusting Michael to rearrange the Q trusts, but wouldn't he want to take a look at the paperwork just so he knows what's going on?

I think most of Jason's wealth is still in offshore mob accounts, but it would be nice if he were a little more interested in the ability to make sure his children will inherit and have access to money that didn't need to be laundered

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

What was with the dialogue today:

Carly:  Remember that time we came down, here just the four of us....yada yada yada

37 seconds later

Sonny:  Remember that time we came down, here just the four of us.....

Yes she remembers since she just said that herself.  Oy vey

I;m not a JaSam fan (or a Sam fan or a Jason fan) but I liked their scenes today.  

Spencer bugs, but man did I laugh when he showed up at Nina's.  the look on both their faces.  

5 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Do you guys remember when Michael was so awesome for like a minute?

A gift for you...

• Love 6

What happened to Jason Morgan IS not allowed to be domesticated and JaSam is the adventure couple?  JaSam fans constantly stated that Elizabeth wanted to change who Jason was and we now see that that is a load of crap as Sam is now trying to get this man to work a business job.   RME....

Nelle and Nina can both catch the first red eye flight away from Port Charles.

I like Spencer, but he needs his ass grounded for at least a month and chores galore!

CarSon are so boring and deserve each other.  Brenda is hopefully somewhere raising her son with Jax (and not some unknown mobster that Guza created) and her little girl with Michael which would make CarSon's head explode.

Here we go with this show headlining Sonny, Jason, Carly and Sam after almost being cancelled in 2011.  Will these IIC ever learn that GH is supposed to be an ensemble show?

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

What was the twist? I fast forwarded those scenes because I was in a hurry.

His face would be shot in silhouette, so it's more mysterious and no one will actually see Nathan's face.  

• Love 3
(edited)

A Josslyn Jacks eye roll is needed for the scene of Jake telling Hayden shes "pretty cool" and hugging her (which of course Elizabeth witnesses) - when he's known her for what, 5 minutes? So nice of Show to now use Liz's middle kid to solidify Hayden's decision that she wants her baby.  Such b.s. After everything he's been through, this kid should take a while to warm up to someone he barely knows. I hated her referring to herself as "Aunt Hayden" like she's been part of his life for a long time. As with so much on this Show, no build-up for the Hayden-Jake warmth to be believable. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Was Spencer seriously gone for 11 months? That's how long they put off story waiting for the actor? Crazy.

lol at Michael instantly picking up poker and Morgan sucking at it. Even in the midst of their recitations for the beauty that was Morgan, they diss him.

I feel a little bad for RP that once again the story is about his face. Which is a ridiculous reason to feel bad for someone, but still.

Nina should adopt Spencer.

Usually I think LW is solid but her performance was weird. It seemed like someone had a gun to Carly's head forcing her to banter with Sonny.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Sam is now trying to get this man to work a business job.

Because she's possessed by Helena's dark spirit at the moment, and is running around the house with butcher knives.

31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

lol at Michael instantly picking up poker and Morgan sucking at it. Even in the midst of their recitations for the beauty that was Morgan, they diss him.

That totally cracked me up. Way to neg your dead son. I wonder if Awesome Writer snuck in that line. It was masterful.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

A gift for you...

Seeing Kiki in the freeze fame image on this clip made me wish it was the scenes of Michael tearing KA Kiki to shreds over all her lies right after she walks in on him sexing up Rosalie.  So good.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

This dumb lie everyone has going because they are bound and determined to protect Valentin is going to hurt Charlotte more in the long run. Charlotte now thinks her papa will be back for her just as soon as he's finished answering everybody's questions about Jake's magic trick. I don't know how long it has supposed to have been since Charlotte moved to Lulu's, but the longer they allow her to think this is merely temporary and not (for now) permanent the harder it will be.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seeing Kiki in the freeze fame image on this clip made me wish it was the scenes of Michael tearing KA Kiki to shreds over all her lies right after she walks in on him sexing up Rosalie.  So good

For you:

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Perkie said:

Carly:  Remember that time we came down, here just the four of us....yada yada yada

37 seconds later

I;m not a JaSam fan (or a Sam fan or a Jason fan) but I liked their scenes today.  

Spencer bugs, but man did I laugh when he showed up at Nina's.  the look on both their faces.  

A gift for you...

Aw, dammit @Perkie, WHY did you have to remind me of Awesome Michael Quartermaine?? And how much do we love how Avery quiets down once she's away from Lauren and in Michael's arms? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS????!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

They should let Michael do things. I forget that he's capable of being interesting when they trap him in stories with the likes of Nelle, Sabrina and Kiki. They keep making the same dumb mistake over and over again.

There was so much potential for the character with him growing into a young Quartermaine under AJ and Tracy. What he's doing now with Carly, Sonny and Nelle is just wasteful

Edited by Oracle42
Changed "is" to "was" because FV and RC decided to completely squander that potential with their bullshit hackery
  • Love 12
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

this whole Man Landers thing will eventually blow up in her face

Why can't she just tell the publishing people she is the writer and keep using Nathan as the face of the column for the public?  Doesn't that happen all the time??  With ghost writers and all.  DUMB.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Perkie said:

A gift for you...

OMG....that might have been my favorite scene EVER!!  "I'm just gonna call you AJ".  I. Was. Dead.  It was so good!  Why can't this shit show do ANYTHING right??  Michael Quartemaine was amazing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Why can't she just tell the publishing people she is the writer and keep using Nathan as the face of the column for the public?  Doesn't that happen all the time??  With ghost writers and all.  DUMB.

Rage-blackout dumb. Part of the problem (in the story) is that Nathan doesn't want to be the face. I don't get why having his face on a blog but not the book is different, especially since the book will ostensibly promote the blog. People will find out one way or the other, which I guess is the big "drama" here. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Which made Michael's dismissive comment about Ned's objections to his super awesome renewable energy idea so eye-roll-y.

19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure that was some sort of ham-fisted political swipe. Subtle, as always.

DUBBLE ZOUT beat me to it but yeah, that had to be a jab at Ned for having the audacity to have a Republican friend pull some strings for his family. I don't even remember what it was about, I think it had something to do with the waste of time fake Quartermaine chick and her paperwork thing, which btw was a timely and beautifully heartfelt story about immigration (sarcasm of course). I remember doing a Josslyn Jacks eyeroll* when, if I recall correctly, everyone looked at Ned horrified that he actually knew a (gasp) Republican.

*(thanks Bringonthedrama, every eye I roll will forevermore be known a a Josslyn Jacks  eyeroll)

16 hours ago, Perkie said:

37 seconds later

A gift for you...

And of course Morgan was everywhere. No memories of the 8936 women brought to the island of course, now it's Just The Four Of Us Island. I laughed at the thought of wee little Sonny teaching his young sons to play poker, talking about how bad Morgan played yet not one mention of his gambling problems when he rolled back into town with 1st Kiki.

I don't know why your gift didn't show when I quoted you but thank you for one of the best gifts in the world, MWOP was a thing of beauty.

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Usually I think LW is solid but her performance was weird. It seemed like someone had a gun to Carly's head forcing her to banter with Sonny.

I see what you mean, it really was weird, I wasn't sure if LW was playing it that way intentionally but it almost seemed as if she was really uncomfortable around Sonny which, who could blame her.

They would have to have to hold a gun to my head to banter with Sonny, unless I was allowed to tell him what a scumbag he is and how he ruins everything, that's something I would do willingly and without pay. I might even cough up some cash for the privilege.

ETA don't forget to vote in the Previouslies, I already voted so I can't see the categories I already voted, but in one or two of the "Bad" categories, Sonny is listed. This is something Sonny deserves to win.

Edited by tveyeonyou
Sonny
  • Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

And of course Morgan was everywhere. No memories of the 8936 women brought to the island of course, now it's Just The Four Of Us Island. 

Which is extra funny because so many times it was Max and Milo taking the boys to the island while Sonny stayed in PC being the biggest, baddest-yet-most-moral mobster.

The island was MENTIONED as a way to note where the kids were when they were off-screen, but SHOWN when Sonny brought his latest hook-up there.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 4

"We'll just borrow the ELQ jet to do a mob errand!"  "We'll just dump our kids, including a baby under six months, with Monica!".  Jason and Sam both owe the Q's muffin baskets for all these little favors.

Molly has great hair, she and TJ are cute together, why are we only seeing them as part of these stupid shenanigans regarding TJ's paternity SEKRIT?  Are we really supposed to believe TJ didn't brief Molly on the situation with his aunt?

At this point, instead of filming new Sonny/Carly scenes, they should just string a bunch of their fanvids from YT together.  That's pretty much the effect of the repetitive nonsense they're showing anyway.

Don't ask Spencer his plan, Laura.  Don't let him dictate plans.  He is A CHILD, you are AN ADULT.

• Love 8

I quit watching for a week and come back to this? The gruesome twosome, slut shaming in public, and Nina comforting Spencer instead of Laura? To hell with you, Show.

I do enjoy Sam and Molly's relationship, so those scenes were okay. Good to see Molly in general. She's not on nearly enough. #sorrynotsorry

• Love 6

It was a long time coming that Spencer finally had to break about his father's murder but why in good earth did they think it was a good idea for him to have that particular scene with Nina instead of his grandmother? How could Nina comfort this distraught boy, even hug him, when she married Valentin knowing all that Valentin did on Cassadine Island which included murdering Nik? Why does Nina get the payoff of that scene instead of his grandmother Laura?

Nina has to be completely socially tone-deaf not to see that asking Kevin if she was being unfair to Valentin wasn't appropriate. Valentin shot Kevin and murdered his girlfriend's son. What makes her think Kevin would be a neutral sounding board for her pity party? And of course it never gets brought up that Valentin shot Kevin, in his list of many crimes. And she had the audacity to talk to Kevin about what she and Valentin had lost, what Charlotte had lost. Shut up, Nina, look around the room. Think about what Lulu has lost, what Laura has lost, what Spencer has lost.

I love KevLaur together. I love that Kevin and Laura were both worried about Spencer's effect on the other. LOVE Kevin for reminding Spencer that he needs to be more respectful and courteous to his grandmother. I love Laura taking away Spencer's cell phone for the foreseeable future and making him apologize to Kevin.

• Love 11

Oh, sure. I really want to see one black woman screech at another black woman and call her a WHORE. I really want to see it happen at the PCPD in front of a bunch of suddenly interested mostly white all male cops too.  Oh, and the PCPD is the place of work for one of these women where she is in the rare position of being the top cop.

On a show where GH ordinarily wrinkles it's nose at the prospect of more than a couple of people of color on the show in a glaring 'aren't there enough already?' manner.

This show is so fucking terrible.  So out of touch. I bet the writers (surely mostly, if not entirely all white) sit around bragging about how WOKE they are.

• Love 10
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

"We'll just borrow the ELQ jet to do a mob errand!"  "We'll just dump our kids, including a baby under six months, with Monica!".  Jason and Sam both owe the Q's muffin baskets for all these little favors.

I'd say they owe the Qs more than muffin baskets. How about actually spending some time with them and their kids?

Oh, babysitting is probably why Monica won't be at Olivia and Ned's wedding.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Don't ask Spencer his plan, Laura.  Don't let him dictate plans.  He is A CHILD, you are AN ADULT.

But he's so adorably precocious! Isn't it hilarious he called Charlotte a miniature gold digger? STFU, Spencer.

I'm a bit surprised Aunt Stella is okay with the mixed relationship. She's been such a cliché.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I'm not buying that Sam is projecting her anxieties about the baby onto Jason. During the hospital bomb scare when Scout was like a day old Sam was passing her off to Epiphany so she could check on Jason. Sam as a mother comes second to Sam as Jason's wife, which is a shame. 

Stella calls Jordan trash, yet she's the one showing up at Jordan's place of work to air dirty laundry, so she needs to shut up and fuck off. I understand why she's mad, but she's handling it in the worst way.

Spencer's 12 years old and acts like he's 35, and the adults just let it happen. They've got to stop indulging him and take back the reins, because he is out of control. It's not cute or endearing to see a child steamroll over everyone.

Seeing Molly reminds me that I recently caught Haley Pullos in a Lifetime movie where she played a college student who tried to get into porn. I only watched a few minutes because I couldn't stop yelling at the TV for her to put some clothes on, that Alexis raised her better than that. Anyway, I didn't realize she and TJ lived together. Imagine if we actually spent some time with those two instead of hearing the 598th requiem for Morgan.

• Love 6

Jordan handled the angry aunt all wrong today. The aunt is obviously jealous of younger women (Jordan and Molly), and in timid Jordan she has found a willing victim. Just walk away, Jordan! If she had turned on her heel and walked into her office or the interrogation room or just out of earshot, Auntie could not have staged her smackdown so publicly. Standing there paralyzed showed that Jordan must feel that she deserved such a humiliation. It was all so unnecessary. The aunt is pure Trouble, and Curtis, Jordan, ad TJ all need to freeze her out. Her behavior is not going to improve. They need to warn Molly too.

Someone needs to explain to Spencer that adults will take care of justice in the matter of Valentin. That's not his job. Then they need to see to it that Spencer gets some therapy pronto for his anger and feelings of loss. The adults need to show him that he can be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. He can act as a brother to Charlotte, easing her traumatic custody situation and loss of both former parents. Spencer needs to learn that life has a whole bunch of gray areas, not all black and white.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why is everyone so down on therapy? I mean, Lainey (world's worst therapist) is gone, and both Kevin and André have shown to be decently capable professionals. I'm sick of Sam weeping and knowing something is wrong but not doing anything. It's tedious and pointless. Getting help is not a sign of weakness, Show. FFS.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why is everyone so down on therapy? I mean, Lainey (world's worst therapist) is gone, and both Kevin and André have shown to be decently capable professionals. I'm sick of Sam weeping and knowing something is wrong but not doing anything. It's tedious and pointless. Getting help is not a sign of weakness, Show. FFS.

Well, given she said "PTSD is so not me" last week I'm guessing the same goes for therapy.  God forbid there's a problem where her just blinding nodding along to Jason--or him solving said problem with a gun--won't fix.

• Love 6
(edited)

Fine, PTSD is so not Sam. It might be something else! Adverse reaction to cheese snacks! Bacterial infection causing hallucinations! But see a health professional to get it properly diagnosed, you stupid bint.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Anyway, I didn't realize she [Molly] and TJ lived together.

They mentioned it once or twice a long, looong time ago.  Maybe around when Alexis and Julian got married, something about Molly not wanting to live with him?

• Love 1