Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Can I just say how pissed off this makes me.  Sonny, Julian and AVa are essentially one and the same.  Career criminals who do criminal things, like murder.  Yet Sonny's children all think rainbows, unicorns, puppies and lollypops flow out of his butt, while Lucas and Sam despise Julian and Kiki has now sworn off Ava.  GUH.  

I see a difference in that Lucas and Sam didn't meet Julian until adulthood. Sam already felt loyal to Sonny for years (on and off) because of her relationship with Jason, and I guess because Sonny is also her younger sister's beloved father.  In the case of Lucas, Tony was his true dad who loved and raised him. The audience never saw Lucas and Julian form a real father-son bond.  When Dante first came on the show as 'Dominic' (under cover), he despised Sonny. Michael, Morgan, Kristina and now Avery were taught/indoctrinated to think this way^ about Sonny from birth (for two of them) or starting in childhood (the other two).  Kiki ... well she chose to date (and briefly marry) Morgan, chose to be friends with Franco, and seems to genuinely not realize Carly is scum. Don't even get me started on her mis-guided loyalty to Sonny. Her judgement just plain sucks.  Does she know Sonny wanted Ava dead, and only 'let her live' because she was pregnant with his child ... that the two conceived on the grave of Michael's (the guy Kiki once claimed to love) beloved bio father.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, In2You said:

Desperately in need of a teen scene? No this show isn't! They can't even write the adults as adults.

Well, yes.  Unless they're planning to SORAS all these damn babies from toddlers to twenty year olds, GH needs teenagers. GH also needs characters in their twenties that aren't Michael, Kiki and Nelle (is LA even on contract?)

Teenagers also tend to provide story for the adults in their lives. And given the choice between another fuckin baby story and bad teen dialogue, I'll take dumb teenagers just for variety - and continuity, which is kinda the point of a soap opera.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And does Laura punish him for ditching school and traveling internationally without her permission?  No, he gets pizza.  Bad, Laura, bad!

When I was seven I was mad at my mother and ran away to my grandparents house.  Before he brought me home, my grampie brought me out for ice cream (my first banana split).  When he got me home he told my mother not to punish me.  Since he was her dad and "out ranked her" I thought I was in the clear.  Things were great until grampie's car left the driveway.  Mom went ballistic and sent me to bed without supper.  I told her I did not need supper because I was really full from the cheeseburger and banana split Grampie bought me. Mother was not amused. :)  

So because of my shady history with running away I have to side with Laura on the pizza.

• Love 7

Lexi Ainsworth is not on contract, just fyi.

If anyone wants to tell how someone is on contract, in the Friday credits, everyone listed until Chloe Lanier is on contract. After CL, all the names listed are on recurring.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I see a difference in that Lucas and Sam didn't meet Julian until adulthood.

I think it's more to the fact that they don't object to the violence, they object to who the violence is inflicted on. If it's someone they don't care about, then that behavior is FINE. But if it's towards someone they care about? Well, even then, it's debatable.   A short while ago, Sam and Jason were using Sonny's name and reputation to scare someone into doing what they wanted. Jason's done it several times since then.  To my knowledge Lucas has had zero issues with Carly and Sonny respectively, but has always look down on Julian when it came to being mobbed up. It's just they're raging hypocrites.  They literally believe there is a HUGE difference between the evil Jeromes and the folksy Corinthii.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Vella said:

I think it's more to the fact that they don't object to the violence, they object to who the violence is inflicted on. If it's someone they don't care about, then that behavior is FINE. But if it's towards someone they care about? Well, even then, it's debatable.  

To my knowledge Lucas has had zero issues with Carly and Sonny respectively, but has always look down on Julian when it came to being mobbed up. It's just they're raging hypocrites.  They literally believe there is a HUGE difference between the evil Jeromes and the folksy Corinthii.

Correct - Jason and Sam were both involved in violence together for what, 10 years before she met Julian? I remember when they talked about Claudia being killed like other couples talk about paint samples. How many people have they killed? Yet when someone threatened Jason or Sonny (her husband, former lover) they were the evilest evil to ever evil. Duke was associated with Sonny and was the great love of Sam's former almost-mother-in-law's life, therefore Julian is awful.  Throw in Julian putting a knife to her mother's throat, and Julian is beyond redemption in Sam's eyes. 

Yeah Lucas has had zero issues with Carly - probably because his mom, Bobbie, raised him and she is one of GH's designated Carly proppers. Nevermind the part Carly played in breaking up his childhood family life.  I assume he loves his awful sister because his mother taught him to do so after the marriage was over.  He has seemed indifferent to Sonny. Aside from his bio connection to Sam, he had a few nice bonding/brotherly scenes with Kristina, so *now* (since he feels connected to Alexis' first and middle daughters) it makes at least some sense for him to look down on Julian. 

• Love 1

Eh if I wanna watch a bunch of 13 yr olds I'll turn on Disney channel. I'd rather the focus going on creating a better 20s set since that group was never properly developed. There's so much more that can be done with that age group anyway vs teens.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

I think this whole Sam thing is going to circle back around to the curse that Helena put on her

Assuming she even did put one on her.

3 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I think this whole Sam thing is going to circle back around to the curse that Helena put on her

Watch it be misdiagnosed (as it were) as postpartum depression. That's exactly the sort of idiotic road this fakakta show would take.

Didn't Helena basically say "I curse you!" to Sam? How can that be taken seriously? I mean, I know how, but come ON. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Perkie said:

Can I just say how pissed off this makes me.  Sonny, Julian and AVa are essentially one and the same.  Career criminals who do criminal things, like murder.  Yet Sonny's children all think rainbows, unicorns, puppies and lollypops flow out of his butt, while Lucas and Sam despise Julian and Kiki has now sworn off Ava.  GUH.  

This. It makes Sam and Lucas look like idiots. But every character on this show looks this way because no one is allowed to truly hate Sonny and not be made to look bad for it.

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved that Charlotte wanted to choose someone from Narnia as her new name.

Charlotte is 100% the best character right now.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

How long before Vally starts to cry?...oh yeah, there he goes.

And JPS is so bad. His crying is so ridiculously "I'M ACTING!" There's no subtlety or realness to it at all.

11 hours ago, In2You said:

Eh if I wanna watch a bunch of 13 yr olds I'll turn on Disney channel. I'd rather the focus going on creating a better 20s set since that group was never properly developed. There's so much more that can be done with that age group anyway vs teens.

Yeah, but my going-to-be-13-on June 15th-year-old has told me that she likes Joss and cares about what happens to her because they are close in age. That's how soaps lure in younger viewers and hook them. Just like my 38-year-old self looked up to Robin and pre-Sonny-soiled Brenda back in the 90s.

• Love 5

IMO, Joss is the most interesting of that group, but it's a very low bar. The kids aren't given age-appropriate stories (neither are the adults, but that's another rant), so I have no desire to watch them in gross "love" triangles or Spencer camping it up trying to get revenge on Valentin. Though if the latter involves Charlotte crushing Spencer, I'm totally up for that. I can't stand how everyone indulges him. 

• Love 2

I mean in general I think a soap should have and needs a teen scene. A big part of soaps is the multi-generational aspect of them. But in this particular case it's probably not a good idea because the writers suck and FV only cares about being cheap and hiring gets or hot people. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Yeah, but my going-to-be-13-on June 15th-year-old has told me that she likes Joss and cares about what happens to her because they are close in age. That's how soaps lure in younger viewers and hook them. Just like my 38-year-old self looked up to Robin and pre-Sonny-soiled Brenda back in the 90s.

The kids aren't watching soaps anymore. They have so many other options unlike prior decades. Simply throwing kids onscreen won't bring in the viewers.  They don't even directly  promote to them anymore

Both Mac and Cameron in the same episode? Someone's been busy cleaning out the attic!

I seriously got inordinately excited that Cameron not only appeared, but he was being a bratty kid. Normally I'd disapprove of his bickering with Spencer, but Spencer's such a snotty pain in the ass that I don't mind it. Laura breaking them up using the angry mom voice was great.

Nina did a nice job today expressing her conflicting feelings for Valentin, serving him with divorce papers because she knows it is the right thing to do, even though it hurts. I don't know how or when I came to like Nina, but I do.

I don't care at all about Curtis' aunt, but I appreciated his contribution as the Gratuitous Shirtless Man today.

Best thing about today was that it was Sonny free.

• Love 9
(edited)

I had to chuckle at Rebecca Budig being all, "I am his aunt " re: CAMERON (!!!!) lest the audience forgot about her and Liz pointlessly being sisters.  And a scene of her babysitting/bonding with one of her nephews to prepare herself for her own pointless baby could be cute except the writers have put no work into these family dynamics AT ALL.  I wonder how Cameron even found out she was his aunt, listening through the air vents while locked in the attic?

Who was that playing Curtis' aunt?  She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

Well hello there, MAC (!!!!).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

I want to see lots and lots of fighting between two pre teen boys over a girl that has no interest in either of them and no longer lives in town.  Said no one.  Ever.  

46 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who was that playing Curtis' aunt?  She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her

I beleive she played Will's mother on Fresh Prince a gazillion years ago and she's been on a gazillion other shows as well.  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0914937/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 4

Nevermind, Spencer was back to annoying me. And why are they spiking up his hair? It's too long for that.

It's very nice of Dante and Lulu to conveniently not be around the house whenever Laura and Spencer are there.

Valentin: (warbly) Are you divorcing me?

Damn it man. Stop sounding like that!

Well, at least Spencer hasn't come to stay with Curtis. 

What was with the camerawork with Anna and Mac? And with Nina in the hallway? And what the hell was that fading out on Nina's face only to pan back to it three times? Makes me think how ridiculous it looks than about how Nina is feeling shitty.

tomorrow: Kiki/Dillon, Sonny/Carly, Michael/Nelle. Brutal.

• Love 5

how many times has finn peed in a cup? just clear his name already! 

why are cameron and Spencer younger than josslyn when a couple of years ago they were in the same camp?  why is she older than jake?

i was thinking the same thing about Curtis's aunt.she was will's mom on fresh prince. i guess now there will be a story about how much the aunt hates Jordan. 

dumb hayden! how could she believe liz and laura would let spencer and cameron have sugary coffee drinks And seriously where are the workers at perks

• Love 1

In other news, Alex has ALREADY broken out of WSB custody?  C'mon, WSB.  Also, I guess the writers aren't done ruining Alex/disavowing her AMC history/throwing her under the bus for Valentin yet.

• Love 7

Dammit, I actually liked Valentin today .  I felt sorry for him. What happened?  Is he off the show now?  I'm going to miss him talking French to Charlotte.

I was feeling sorry for Nina too until she served him with divorce papers.  Way to stab the man you say you love and who just saved your life, and then turn the screw.

Curtis' aunt was so much "I know that woman".  She was on Welcome Back Kotter! And a zillion other things.  I stopped fast forwarding him to watch her.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Though if the latter involves Charlotte crushing Spencer, I'm totally up for that. I can't stand how everyone indulges him. 

I thought nothing could be more annoying than the Sonny ass-kissing. I was wrong Spencer and how everyone treats the obnoxious brat is worse.  There is nothing appealing or interesting or even intelligent about his narcissism and he's going to turn in to Sonny when he grows up.  An expression of my mother's "I could kick him all day" comes to mind.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Nina did a nice job today expressing her conflicting feelings for Valentin, serving him with divorce papers because she knows it is the right thing to do, even though it hurts. I don't know how or when I came to like Nina, but I do.

I'm in the odd position of kind of liking the character, but not the actor/characterization. I think a magazine mogul having conflicted feelings about her criminal husband/ex-husband and his family could be an interesting story, paralleling that of Alexis and Julian. However, Michelle Stafford is 50+ years old, and regardless of the shape she's in (and, damn, she's in good shape), she's not an ingenue and doesn't look like one. Nina is being played as an ingenue. It was really irritating me today. I don't care if she was in a coma for years. Her behaviors need to be aged up. 

JMO.

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was feeling sorry for Nina too until she served him with divorce papers.  Way to stab the man you say you love and who just saved your life, and then turn the screw.

Notice how Nina didn't even ask Valentin about what was going to happen to Charlotte now or whether she could still see her. Lulu might let Nina see her to make the transition easier for Charlotte, but you'd think those would be the first questions out of Nina's mouth with how much she claims to love that child.

• Love 3

Lulu and Dante will do what they can do help her adjust, but Charlotte really needs to have appointments with Dr. Collins or Andre. (I know Kevin is dating Charlotte's grandmother, but I don't trust Andre.) Literally all the important people in Charlotte's life have in one way or another abandoned her and let her down except Lulu, and Charlotte has only recently semi-bonded with Lulu. This transition will be hard for her.

• Love 1

No it won't.  Dante and Lulu will get Charlotte some ice cream and that will be the end of it, I'm sure.  Especially since ER should be maternity leaving in the near future.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Yea,  Nina is one of the few characters I actually like these days. I think MSt has done some good work lately and I appreciate that. And I feel like Nina's part of this story is one of the only somewhat decently written things on the show these days.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I want to see lots and lots of fighting between two pre teen boys over a girl that has no interest in either of them and no longer lives in town.  Said no one.  Ever.  

During those scenes, I just thought about how I can't imagine there is anyone who enjoys this. I mean I can see why people might enjoy all the things I hate on this show, but I can not fathom how anyone can be into a couple of 12-year-olds fighting over a girl.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

What was with the camerawork with Anna and Mac? And with Nina in the hallway? And what the hell was that fading out on Nina's face only to pan back to it three times?

Yea, that was weird. New director trying to show he/she's cool and edgy or something?

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

Wait a minute. Whose house is Laura staying in? Is that supposed to be Kevin's lighthouse?!

Spencer is more of a princess by the year. I do think he should be SORASed a bit but I will say Bechtel and Genie work well together with stuff where she isn't just henpecked grandma but can play with him. They're funny.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Whose house is Laura staying in

She's been staying at Lante's.  Thought now with Charlotte and Spencer moving in, that house is packed.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rur said:

Nina is being played as an ingenue. It was really irritating me today. I don't care if she was in a coma for years. Her behaviors need to be aged up. 

This. I find it incredibly off-putting. The character was supposed to be early to mid-twenties when she went into a coma and the character doesn't have brain damage. She shouldn't be less mature than Kiki. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
2 hours ago, rur said:

Nina is being played as an ingenue. It was really irritating me today. I don't care if she was in a coma for years. Her behaviors need to be aged up. 

This. I find it incredibly off-putting. The character was supposed to be early to mid-twenties when she went into a coma and the character doesn't have brain damage. She shouldn't be less mature than Kiki. 

And she's been out of the coma and in the real world, running a magazine for several years now.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought poor Cameron again drew the short end of the stick. He isn't on that often, and I thought, oh how nice, he's going to get to spend time with his aunt. That would have been enough. Then I saw how this was going to go the second Spencer got off the elevator. He would be sucking up all the oxygen, and he already had a lot of history and memories with Hayden. When two people who barely know each other are joined by a third person who knows one of the people well, that tends to short-circuit any bonding, doesn't it? 

When in Off-Screen World did Hayden and Laura get this good with each other? The actresses were great with it, but it was a little forced.  

Hayden was being so coy with Liz that I couldn't remember whether Liz knows she's pregnant. I was leaning no, from the way the scene played. Then Hayden was so open about it with Laura that I couldn't tell whether Laura just found out today (the "What kind of mother am I going to make?" line). Someone remind me who knows about Baby Fayden.  

I watched all of Vernee Watson's scenes as the aunt too. She just showed up and you immediately knew she could hold the screen. Generally, when you see an older African-American person on a television show, you know the performance is going to be pretty good. They're still getting cast in things despite not being sexy young eye candy  and they have to have a lot of good work to their credit to have kept a foothold in a business that isn't as minority-rich as it might be. Now I kind of look forward to Auntie's throwdowns with Jordan.  

So over Finn and Obrecht and urine tests. Kathleen Gati might consider herself fortunate to have squeezed five years and counting out of a temp villainness who could (should?) have been gone in 2014, but it's a thankless role, isn't it? At this point she isn't even sharing scenes with Franco or her kids anymore. It's all about her poorly motivated animosity toward the new infectious disease guy.   

Alex escaped, really? "The WSB has no idea where she is"? This show's intelligence agency must be managed with an efficiency that would get someone dismissed from the local Subway franchise.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

No it won't.  Dante and Lulu will get Charlotte some ice cream and that will be the end of it, I'm sure.  Especially since ER should be maternity leaving in the near future.

apparently she's due when they're not taping, so it won't be a big deal.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She's been staying at Lante's.  Thought now with Charlotte and Spencer moving in, that house is packed.  

Which is probably why Laura "reconsiders her living situation" next week according to the spoilers. Moving her and Spencer to Kevin's, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Someone remind me who knows about Baby Fayden.  

I think only Griffin who found out via the tampered drug test and now Laura.  

Was it just me or did Curtis's place look a lot like Sabrina/Felix' old place, right down to the same coloured walls?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Which is probably why Laura "reconsiders her living situation" next week according to the spoilers. Moving her and Spencer to Kevin's, perhaps?

Unless they're moving back into Windemere now that Valentin will be out of there.  Though Laura yesterday said the place was too big.  I just don't see her moving in with Kevin just yet and I fear for Kevin's sanity being around scenery chewing Spencer too much!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

but I can not fathom how anyone can be into a couple of 12-year-olds fighting over a girl.

Over on Facebook some people were all,  "ahh isn't he cute".  And I guess he is, for the first 3 minutes, then he just gets tiresome.  Also, today, he's the one that threw the whipped cream at Coconut first, something that I would think he would look down on if someone else had done it.  You can't be all "townie" and "i had to fly coach, the horror" and then start a food fight.    I would think that would be beneath him.  

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Where has Nina been living these days now that she disappeared from Wyndemere? Her office at Crimson?

At first.  But then she told someone (Valentin? Nathan?) that she had gotten a suite at the hotel though I don't think we've ever seen her in it.  

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Poor Kevin. What did he do to deserve getting stuck with that brat?

You can't be all "townie" and "i had to fly coach, the horror" and then start a food fight.    I would think that would be beneath him.  

I assume they did it to show that he just a regular kid who has good fights underneath all the clever lines. But it just comes off as super pretentious even for a 35 year old as they're usually writing him.

Edited by statsgirl

Peevish Cadfael is pretty funny. Too bad he's always second to stupid Spencer.

58 minutes ago, jsbt said:

she isn't just henpecked grandma

I really hate that they write Laura this way, and that she seemingly has no desire or ability to discipline the little turd. She just throws up her hands: "What are you gonna do with such a scamp?" UGH.

It's always great to see Vernee Watson-Johnson, but her character, ugh. Of course she hates Jordan and is going to cause trouble.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Gawd, poor Kevin.  

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Poor Kevin. What did he do to deserve getting stuck with that brat?

Fell in love with Laura, and that got him stuck with Lulu, Charlotte and Valentin, not to mention Spencer. Poor guy. Laura should feel very special that he thinks she is worth all of that. He hadn't even been on one date with Laura and he had already been shot in Greece for her.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Where has Nina been living these days now that she disappeared from Wyndemere? Her office at Crimson?

What she should be doing is throwing Franco and Kiki out of the apartment SHE bought.

• Love 3