Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

For some strange reason I laughed my ass off when Britt came in and told Nutty Nina she's in menopause. It tickled my funnybone.

I couldn't stop laughing for a good 2 minutes. That was the best thing I've seen in weeks Lol! But yeah, she's either going to steal Ava's baby or steal lulu's remaining embryo. I mean, her cousin did it, so let's keep it in the family! Then maybe lulu will go completely over the edge and kill Nina, then get committed to shady brook or ferncliff, or even Miscavige. As long as it's off screen, I'm good with that.

• Love 4

An episode or 2 ago, Silas referred to Nina being in a coma for almost a decade. Today Nina told Britt it's been over 23 years since she had sex with Silas. So was she in a coma for almost a decade or over a decade? Do the writers not know?

• Love 2

An episode or 2 ago, Silas referred to Nina being in a coma for almost a decade. Today Nina told Britt it's been over 23 years since she had sex with Silas. So was she in a coma for almost a decade or over a decade? Do the writers not know?

No, they've been consistent for once - they've said she's been in a coma for 20 years

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
If we accept that Nina lost the pregnancy as a direct consequence of the drugging by Madeleine, sure, but i think the suggestion is that she didn't

Well that's true, I guess my desire for that child to have expired instead is quite great. But I also keep forgetting how all that worked out, how he was kept away and Mads was solely in charge of her charge, etc, mainly because I knew who would be playing the Nina the more they talked about her and I could just feel the cray crazy storm on the horizon rapidly approaching.

The PCPD only had to find a structure that was an hour's drive away from a house/cabin that was on an island in the middle of the lake where the boat went down

I guess if Lulu isn't around to ruin their attempts at tracing a phone call with her baby rabies they can actually find places that she can't properly describe due to her baby rabies.

At this point I wonder if there is anything the writers do know, ever. I mean someone is coming up with most of this shit on the fly, I cannot believe it's planned ahead by more than a couple of days, at most a week.

This show is so disjointed with its' timelines and logic and space portals and Sonny's face and Carly's magical hoohay and Ava's baby bump which grows by the hour and the Nina's glove wearing bouts of cray crazy and baby voice of seduction and Kiki's ability to both suck and blow all at the same time my brain hurts just trying to make sense of it all, which I have come to the conclusion is humanly impossible.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Nice to see Carlos.

Welcome back, Senor Telenovela!

"Dante, it's me!" "Lulu, is that you?" *rme*

LOL that Ava thinks Fake!Luke will make a beeline for Lauren the next time he's in PC. For the most part, he sleazed on her because she was there. I think the knee to the groin probably cooled his ardor a bit.

That was totally John McBain and Todd Manning, not Silas Clay and Franco, in those scenes.

I loved Nik's face when Liz told him that Britt might be okay with sleeping with him knowing he has feelings for Liz, but she wasn't. Nik was like, "But...but...I told you I loved you! Doesn't that trump everything?"

I'm done with these weird Nina fantasy sequences.

I'm kind of digging them. They're so stupidly nutty.

For some strange reason I laughed my ass off when Britt came in and told Nutty Nina she's in menopause. It tickled my funnybone.

I know. Nina is so desperate for a baby, and then she gets fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

In the preview, Dante was like two feet away from the cabin's front door, and he was using a bullhorn. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

ut... if she hasn't um had the sex with Silas in 23 years and spent 20 in coma..

They've always kept it vague "over 20 yrs, more than 20 yrs".  Today was the first time a specific number came out...23.  I think more to explain why she'd be in early menopause.  NIlas always talk as though they'd been married a couple of years, that she'd helped him through med school before he cheated with Ava, so if Nina was around 25 when she went into the coma, 23 years would put her at 48, right on target for early menopause.  

• Love 3
LOL that Ava thinks Fake!Luke will make a beeline for Lauren the next time he's in PC. For the most part, he sleazed on her because she was there. I think the knee to the groin probably cooled his ardor a bit.

I think his new target would be Jordan if anyone, he can pick up where Micky left off. Ava can make everything about her and if not her then it's all about Kiki until it's all about her again even if it's something that would hurt Kiki, not that that's a bad thing mind you, I wish Kiki would hurt more frankly, or leave, leaving's good too.

"Dante, it's me!" "Lulu, is that you?" *rme*

I feel like Lulu infects Dante with her own stupidity sometimes, he should just have a tracker put in her and save the trouble next time.

In the preview, Dante was like two feet away from the cabin's front door, and he was using a bullhorn. Hee.

That was a cramped shot, heh, I mean it looked like one of the extra's playing a cop was growing out of a tree. Why couldn't' they just have found some reason for them to be held in the studio's parking lot so they could have some space?

• Love 2
Why hasn't Nik realized by now that Liz wants what she can't have? All he has to do is move on with Britt and Liz will come sniffing around again.

The exact thing same thing can be said about Nik: he pays no mind to women until they are  publicly in relationships. Liz, Emily and Courtney were engaged and/or married when he pursued and I mean pursued them. Now all three of them deserve a huge amount of blame for betraying people that they told the world they wanted to make a life with, but it doesn't change the fact Nik goes after women that are otherwise taken and then when he helped destroy the relationships, he moves on to the next conquest, which  I won't get into here.

I like Liz but I really think she needs more than the 3 year long break from men; she needs to really take Lucky's advice and get some professional help regarding her romantic relationships with men. 

The mobification of the show and over-exposure of Sonny under Guza really started us down the road to hell, but under the new regime it's gotten beyond the pale. It's become a bizarre cartoon with unappealing characters. And we're still stuck with the damn mob wars and Sonny all the time!

I think that Guza/JFP and RC/FV are two sides of the suck coin. RC/FV have finally made the leap to being the M.Night Shyamalan of soap operas,both love their genres, but are more concerned with the surprise ending that they forget to tell a well paced story. Guza/JFP are more akin the downward spiral of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where both went from well written, dark dramas to self important, nearly completely joyless shows centered around a nearly unrepentent killer that  the show wants me to feel for. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

I liked today's show. It was fun.

First scene with Carlos and I was like man that is  A LOT of hispanic hair in one place, no wonder the guard was bald there was literally no more room for hair in that place.heh!

Not!Levi still terrible that fake accent it just awful. Why would they have someone fake their native language then try to act like their fake accent is real....totally horrible. I love Maxie and Lulu bugging the hell out of him, it tickles me for him to get so wound up!

I really got a kick out of Silas open hositlity towards Franco and Franco not giving two cares.

I think Nina making a point about saying 23 yrs has something to do with Kiki and her age, why do I expect she will be having her 23rd birthday soon?

Nina just roll right over Ava....pretty please!

I haven't been privey to the Niz merry-go-round so I really enjoyed their fight. It was entertaining, they were both shouting I wasn't surprised when Rocco finally woke-up, I do think they have chemistry......going to hide in my corner now......

• Love 2

I know. Nina is so desperate for a baby, and then she gets fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

I just wish someone would point out to Nina that Ava had sex with a 20 year old, and Nina had sex with a pale, wispy husk of a man. Not exactly surprising Ava had an easier time there.

I think that Guza/JFP and RC/FV are two sides of the suck coin. RC/FV have finally made the leap to being the M.Night Shyamalan of soap operas,both love their genres, but are more concerned with the surprise ending that they forget to tell a well paced story. Guza/JFP are more akin the downward spiral of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where both went from well written, dark dramas to self important, nearly completely joyless shows centered around a nearly unrepentent killer that  the show wants me to feel for.

Great comparison, Ambrosefolly.

That was a cramped shot, heh, I mean it looked like one of the extra's playing a cop was growing out of a tree. Why couldn't' they just have found some reason for them to be held in the studio's parking lot so they could have some space?

Palm trees, I guess. That didn't stop them the last time though.

Kelly Thiebaud's reaction work in those scenes today with bug nuts Nina was kinda fun.  I loved the look on her face and the tone of her voice when Britt said that line about crazy running in their family, you could tell she was mentally adding Nina to the list.  And I liked that they touched on the Ben stuff.  As in the wrong as she was, she gave birth to that baby and was his mother for months, that's gonna leave a mark on you.

And she said nice things about Kevin, who apparently still exists!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Nikolas needs to run, not walk, from Elizabeth.  That girl doesn't know what the hell she wants from one day to the next, and she will find any reason to not be with Nikolas.  I get that she didn't like that he was going to have sex with Britt, but she acts like he cheated on her, like they were a couple.  They weren't.  She couldn't even take the time to go over to Wyndemere to find out if she and Nikolas had a future.  She told Epiphany that she doesn't chase after men.  She's telling Nikolas that he's wrong in all different ways, but when he reminds her that she chose two other men over him to begin with, she rolls her eyes as if he's being ridiculous to dare say that to her.  She wants them to only be together in the good times?  WTF?  

I was never a fan of Elizabeth's.  I never hated her by any means, but I can take her or leave her as a character.  Today, I actually disliked her a lot.  She is a horrible romantic partner.  

I loved the scenes with Lulu and Maxie, and I think they have great actor chemistry.  The Maxie snark is back, and I'm so glad because the "spiritual Maxie" was driving me crazy.  Also, the scenes between Ryan and Dominic were great too.  I really like these four together as friends and in scenes together.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I loved Nik's face when Liz told him that Britt might be okay with sleeping with him knowing he has feelings for Liz, but she wasn't. Nik was like, "But...but...I told you I loved you! Doesn't that trump everything?"

I laughed at that! This is a perfect description of his reactionary expression/offended sound. 

I think Nina making a point about saying 23 yrs has something to do with Kiki and her age, why do I expect she will be having her 23rd birthday soon?

This may be true, but it would also be pretty pointless.  We already know Kiki and coma baby have to be the same age because we know a) Silas is Kiki's biological father, b) Silas broke up with Ava when Nina went into a coma, c) Ava was not visibly pregnant at that point.  So the story to date has pretty consistently been that at the point Nina went into a coma, both Nina and Ava were both first trimester-ish. 

She's telling Nikolas that he's wrong in all different ways, but when he reminds her that she chose two other men over him to begin with, she rolls her eyes as if he's being ridiculous to dare say that to her.  She wants them to only be together in the good times?  WTF?  

No, she said she wants someone who wants to be with her in both good and bad times, who thinks love is exciting. It was in reaction to Nikolas saying they know they can reach for each other in bad times. (He had just kissed her with tears in his eyes, and right now they're both worried about Lulu.) He was upset that she seemed to be saying she didn't want him because he also feels something for Britt, when she chose to date AJ despite knowing Nikolas had feelings for her. I personally don't think that's a fair comparison, because she started seeing AJ before Nikolas came back to Port Charles last year. Nik hadn't even met Britt at that time, and AJ wasn't lying his ass off to Liz from day one like Britt was w/Nik. She also made it clear to Nikolas right after the 2014 Nurse's Ball that she had decided to get back together with Ric thinking maybe she could love him again, and didn't want to be the rebound girl in the wake of the Nik and Britt break up. She is indicating to him there is no potential for a romance between them because he can't deny lingering feelings for Britt. That is a respectable position, in my opinion.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

Seems to me that Liz is always held to higher moral standard.

One of the reasons I find her one of the more tolerable characters on the show.  When Liz messes up, she gets called on it - loudly - and she suffers consequences for it - HARD.  Meanwhile Sonny kills a man in cold blood and nothing happens, Ava likewise commits cold-blooded murder and suffers no consequences, and Carly is currently sleeping with the serial killer who facilitated her own son's rape and everyone is fine with it.  At least Liz's small hypocrisies trip her up.

I mean Guza at least took about a decade to really start wrecking the show

Guza started wrecking the show from the instant he took over as head writer.  He's the one who engineered the CarSon disaster, he's the one who decimated the character of Tony Jones beyond redemption, he's the one who decided that we should cheer for a guy who put another man on a meathook so he could steal his child, he's the one who trashed a major legacy character for years on end, who turned the character of Courtney from a somewhat appealing girl-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks into SWMNBN, who shat on the character of Alexis because NLG ended up having more chemistry with MB than his pet TB*, who decided to make a mob thug and his brain-damaged sidekick into romantic leads and the stars of the show... and all this was before he started sadistically killing off Quartermaines practically every sweeps period.  There is no one - No. One. - who wrecked General Hospital as thoroughly, completely, and with such speed as Bob Guza.  [spits on ground].

* - Who did just fine whenever she acted opposite any other actor on the show, it was just with MB that all the life got sucked out of the scene.

I'm ready for Ava to fall in the ocean or be caught in an explosion or fall off the hospital roof and lose that devil she's carrying.

At this point I'm hoping it's a hysterical pregnancy. NO MORE CORINTHOS SPAWN!!!

Nina is so desperate for a baby, and then she gets fucked by the fickle finger of fate.

This could be such a poignant, touching story - when Nina closes her eyes, she's a vibrant young woman expecting her first baby with her (as far as she knows) loving husband, when she opens them again she's lost 20 years, the baby - dead, they say, her husband's love, and now she is told she gets to look forward to hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and osteoporosis.  The most crucial years of her life - just gone.  This, if handled correctly, could have been the stuff of Emmys.  The storyline should have focused on her struggles to adapt to and accept her new circumstances, we should have seen her desperately, desperately wanting and trying to get her life back and realizing that it will never come back - at least, not the way she wants it.  That would have been good.  I'll grant that Crazy Nina and her List of Revenge and Glove of Mystery is mightily entertaining, but when I think of what might have been, it saddens me.

On the other hand, if Guza was writing this, Nina's story would have centered around that all-important question:  "How does Nina waking up from her coma affect Sonny?"  (And of course it would turn out that it was all A.J.'s fault Nina became comatose and lost her baby, and if Coma Baby did exist, it would turn out to be Sonny's because his swimmers were Just That Potent.  Oh, and a Quartermaine would die.  Just cuz).

Some days, I'm grateful for the small miracles...

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 10

Guza started wrecking the show from the instant he took over as head writer.  He's the one who engineered the CarSon disaster, he's the one who decimated the character of Tony Jones beyond redemption, he's the one who decided that we should cheer for a guy who put another man on a meathook so he could steal his child, he's the one who trashed a major legacy character for years on end, who turned the character of Courtney from a somewhat appealing girl-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks into SWMNBN, who shat on the character of Alexis because NLG ended up having more chemistry with MB than his pet TB*, who decided to make a mob thug and his brain-damaged sidekick into romantic leads and the stars of the show... and all this was before he started sadistically killing off Quartermaines practically every sweeps period.  There is no one - No. One. - who wrecked General Hospital as thoroughly, completely, and with such speed as Bob Guza.  [spits on ground].

replying in the history thread

• Love 1

No, she said she wants someone who wants to be with her in both good and bad times, who thinks love is exciting. 

No, she said "Why can't love be exciting enough?" as if HE's the reason for all the bad times in their life.  WTF?  She told him that everything was wrong with him, but when he reminded her that he went to her BEFORE Britt, and she still chose AJ, she rolled her eyes.  

I personally don't think that's a fair comparison, because she started seeing AJ before Nikolas came back to Port Charles last year.

But she hadn't slept with him.  They had only just started dating.  So she could easily have decided to date Nikolas instead since she apparently stated that she's always loved him.  Isn't that what she told someone?  Liz could easily have chosen Nikolas over AJ, but she chose AJ.  I think it's a fair comparison.  It's certainly better that Nikolas approached her about them while she was just starting to date AJ as oppose to her coming to his bedroom on the night of his engagement party.

She also made it clear to Nikolas right after the 2014 Nurse's Ball that she had decided to get back together with Ric thinking maybe she could love him again, and didn't want to be the rebound girl in the wake of the Nik and Britt break up. She is indicating to him there is no potential for a romance between them because he can't deny lingering feelings for Britt. That is a respectable position, in my opinion.

Except that she didn't mind making Ric her rebound guy, since she admitted that she didn't love him.  She was willing to try with a guy she didn't love and sleep with him rather than try with the guy she supposedly loved.  Yet once Ric dies, she suddenly is willing to try again with Nikolas?  Does she think he suddenly has stopped loving Britt after only a month or so?  Elizabeth wants Nikolas when she is alone and he's about to move on.  That's what I see.

• Love 2

No, she said "Why can't love be exciting enough?" as if HE's the reason for all the bad times in their life.  WTF?  She told him that everything was wrong with him, but when he reminded her that he went to her BEFORE Britt, and she still chose AJ, she rolled her eyes.  

But she hadn't slept with him.  They had only just started dating.  So she could easily have decided to date Nikolas instead since she apparently stated that she's always loved him.  Isn't that what she told someone?  Liz could easily have chosen Nikolas over AJ, but she chose AJ.  I think it's a fair comparison.  It's certainly better that Nikolas approached her about them while she was just starting to date AJ as oppose to her coming to his bedroom on the night of his engagement party.

Except that she didn't mind making Ric her rebound guy, since she admitted that she didn't love him.  She was willing to try with a guy she didn't love and sleep with him rather than try with the guy she supposedly loved.  Yet once Ric dies, she suddenly is willing to try again with Nikolas?  Does she think he suddenly has stopped loving Britt after only a month or so?  Elizabeth wants Nikolas when she is alone and he's about to move on.  That's what I see.

I don't agree, but I understand what you're saying. I didn't think she was accusing him of being responsible for the bad times in her life. It seemed to me like she was saying she wants an every day love, one that has small moments of romance and excitement and isn't just 'I'm in crisis, I want you' - which was essentially what happened when she was checking up on him after he found out Emily's twin sister had been running a con on him. And now he declares his love again and kisses her while he's scared/worried about Lulu's latest kidnapping. The first time he kissed her since his return was at Wyndemere, after recovering from the gunshot wound. He also mentioned that gunshot wound and made the connection to his feelings for her.  So, I understand why she's skeptical of his words. 

She admitted to Robin, and to Nikolas (Alfred told her off-screen to wait for Nik in his bedroom) that she had been afraid and in denial; that she still loved Nikolas while she was dating AJ. Nikolas said he has loved her for years, but has proposed to Britt and she accepted, so what did she expect him to do. Elizabeth left. 

Re: AJ - Elizabeth cared for him and didn't realize he was right about the vibe from Nikolas - she found that out when Nik kissed her at Wydemere. I also think she found it offensive that Nikolas was basically like, "Why would you want to date a loser like AJ when I'm here, and I've made it clear I want you." That's a turn-off.

Britt's behavior lately actually reminds me of how Ric behaved toward Elizabeth from the time he return to Port Charles, to right before he "died." He was desperate for her love, bashed Nikolas because he is aware of their history, acted like having a second chance with Elizabeth was the only thing that really mattered to him. He was pushy, used her son to win favor with her...actually Britt and Ric would be a great match.  So Elizabeth thought, "Okay, he says he loves me, maybe we could be happy - I don't want to be the rebound after Britt."  Ric has many issues, but feeling torn between women was not one of them. He definitely only had eyes for Elizabeth at this point in time. 

She told Ric while she was in the hospital with a gun-shot wound, that she knew Nikolas was all messed up emotionally from Britt and that he might not ever really get over her. Nikolas has just admitted the last time he slept with Britt was in March (before the engagement party). He then found out all of the truths about her, felt betrayed, ended their relationship and kicked her out. Now, 5 months later approximately, he almost has sex with her after telling her that he loves Elizabeth. In Liz's place, I'd be exasperated and furious too - that Nikolas would be surprised that Britt bragged to Elizabeth about the almost-sex, and that he would think declaring his love for her again should easily over-ride any discomfort she feels that he would tell Britt he loves Liz but have sex with Britt anyway because she wanted him. 

I like that Liz told him that might be okay with Britt, but NOT with her. 

• Love 4

the first thing she said to Dante was "How's Rocco?" (yeah, I know what you're going to say, but if my husband were a cop, I'd tell him I was fine and then start giving him as much information as I could about where I was being held.)

Lulu: "Hey, Dante, it's me.  How's Rocco?  Great!  Do you have a pen?  Okay, we need a dozen eggs, some milk, oh, and some tampons...."

• Love 5

I think this show might be killing more brain cells than I can replace.   As much as I hate Levi Dunkelman, or Peter Pan, or whoever the hell he is, and even though I know that Maxie and Lulu are the victims, all I could really think about during those scenes was why the hell he didn't put their gags back in?  It made no sense.

Frankly, Maxie should always be gagged.  She can carry the look.

And it is definitely the first time in my long life when I heard the word "menopause" and I shouted WHOOOPPPPEEEE!!  If that means she can't spawn, that is great news.

But, of course, that is going under the assumption that The Nina is at the very least, a humanoid.  And that's doubtful.

I suspect it will be discovered that she's a bat and will give birth upside down, hanging from the roof of the tunnels under Wyndemere.

And then there was Count Dickolas and his hair.....I heard noises like he and Liz were talking, something like blah blah blah BOING blah, and on and on, but all I could really focus on was wondering how they managed to give him such a puffy hairdo AND a tan both blotchier and more orange than Sonny.  Hair and Makeup must really like him.

Ava talking to Luke.....she did everything but rub that phone between her thighs.  

When you talk about classy writing, you just know they're talking about GH.

• Love 3

God help me, I am spending too much time thinking about this dumb show. The girls have to be kept somewhere near town, because it would be difficult for Levi to get a haircut and smoothies in the middle of town. He couldn't leave them alone for a long time.

• Love 3

Liz had a man who loved her in the good times and the bad.  He loved her despite their mutual past affairs and paternity lies.  He was ready to be with her forever and loved her children as if they were his own.  He would have given Liz everything she claims she wants and she destroyed that relationship by having an affair with his brother...

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 12

I don't agree, but I understand what you're saying. I didn't think she was accusing him of being responsible for the bad times in her life. It seemed to me like she was saying she wants an every day love, one that has small moments of romance and excitement and isn't just 'I'm in crisis, I want you' - which was essentially what happened when she was checking up on him after he found out Emily's twin sister had been running a con on him. And now he declares his love again and kisses her while he's scared/worried about Lulu's latest kidnapping. 

But didn't she do the same thing when he was dating Britt.  She inserted herself into Nikolas's life, and yeah, you can say she was trying to be a good friend, but we know that's not true.  She admitted she wanted Nikolas back (after she lost AJ).  Nikolas didn't create the Britt drama, but Elizabeth inserted herself into that story.  Also, Nikolas HAD walked away from Elizabeth and started dating Britt, and even after he and Britt broke up, he didn't pursue Elizabeth because she told Nikolas she had chosen Ric.  It was Elizabeth who made ANOTHER play for Nikolas at the park during the picnic.  SHE went after him.  So what is she talking about?  How can she claim that they only get together during crisis when she, too, goes after him during moments of crisis?  It's a hollow argument she's making.

She admitted to Robin, and to Nikolas (Alfred told her off-screen to wait for Nik in his bedroom) that she had been afraid and in denial; that she still loved Nikolas while she was dating AJ. Nikolas said he has loved her for years, but has proposed to Britt and she accepted, so what did she expect him to do. Elizabeth left.

Re: AJ - Elizabeth cared for him and didn't realize he was right about the vibe from Nikolas - she found that out when Nik kissed her at Wydemere. I also think she found it offensive that Nikolas was basically like, "Why would you want to date a loser like AJ when I'm here, and I've made it clear I want you." That's a turn-off.

Elizabeth had no problem hiding Danny's paternity from Jason in order to get him back.  She had no problem scheming to get a man she wanted, but for some reason, it's beneath her to fight for Nikolas.  How is what Nikolas said about Aj any different than what Elizabeth said about Britt?  I don't believe that Nikolas had a nickname for AJ the way the Britch is talked about at the hospital by Elizabeth and everyone else.  There is no reason why Elizabeth and Nikolas shouldn't have been together if they loved each other they way they claim, and it was ALWAYS Elizabeth that pushed Nikolas away.  Then once he moved on and she found herself alone again, she suddenly wanted Nikolas.

She told Ric while she was in the hospital with a gun-shot wound, that she knew Nikolas was all messed up emotionally from Britt and that he might not ever really get over her. Nikolas has just admitted the last time he slept with Britt was in March (before the engagement party). He then found out all of the truths about her, felt betrayed, ended their relationship and kicked her out. Now, 5 months later approximately, he almost has sex with her after telling her that he loves Elizabeth. In Liz's place, I'd be exasperated and furious too - that Nikolas would be surprised that Britt bragged to Elizabeth about the almost-sex, and that he would think declaring his love for her again should easily over-ride any discomfort she feels that he would tell Britt he loves Liz but have sex with Britt anyway because she wanted him.

I like that Liz told him that might be okay with Britt, but NOT with her.

I don't blame Elizabeth for being upset that Nikolas was about to sleep with Britt, but let's be clear.  It's not like Elizabeth and Nikolas were dating or were a couple or that Elizabeth even admitted that she loved him.  Also, she knew that Nikolas still had feelings for Britt because the only reason she started going after him again was because she saw them starting to reconnect at the park picnic.  I mean the guy was about to marry Britt just a month or so earlier.  Of course he's going to still have strong feelings for her.  Does Elizabeth really believe otherwise, that Nikolas would just forget about Britt because Elizabeth is all that?  Nikolas' timing was not great, but he has been telling Elizabeth that he loves and wants her for the last two years, and SHE has been the one to tell him that she doesn't want him.  Nikolas needs to give up on Elizabeth once and for all.  She is not good for him, and he will never be first with her.

• Love 2

Liz had a man who loved her in the good times and the bad.  He loved her despite their mutual past affairs and paternity lies.  He was ready to be with her forever and loved her children as if they were his own.  He would have given Liz everything she claims she wants and she destroyed that relationship by having an affair with his brother...

She also used the word "exciting." Lucky wanted them to have a love in the good times and bad, but he still saw her (and acknowledged it) as that teenage girl,  who he fell in love with as they helped each other heal - her after the rape and him after learning the truth about Luke. He was sweet to the Liz he still had on that youthful pedestal - but there was no excitement or passion in the Lucky-Elizabeth relationship, when JJ was in the role. I think she wants a love with stability and the excitement/passion, but doesn't know if she can have it - with Nikolas or any other guy. I'm not sure she really can be happy at this point in her life. Elizabeth really should have some serious therapy before committing to a serious relationship again, but of course the show won't get into that. 

• Love 1

How is what Nikolas said about Aj any different than what Elizabeth said about Britt?  I don't believe that Nikolas had a nickname for AJ the way the Britch is talked about at the hospital by Elizabeth and everyone else.  There is no reason why Elizabeth and Nikolas shouldn't have been together if they loved each other they way they claim, and it was ALWAYS Elizabeth that pushed Nikolas away.  

It's not like Elizabeth and Nikolas were dating or were a couple or that Elizabeth even admitted that she loved him.  Also, she knew that Nikolas still had feelings for Britt because the only reason she started going after him again was because she saw them starting to reconnect at the park picnic.  I mean the guy was about to marry Britt just a month or so earlier.  Of course he's going to still have strong feelings for her.  Does Elizabeth really believe otherwise, that Nikolas would just forget about Britt because Elizabeth is all that? 

For me, the difference is that Nikolas was basically saying AJ always had been a loser and always would be a loser based on his very complicated history with the Q Family, and others in Port Charles. Elizabeth was saying Britt could not be trusted based on rather recent instances. Examples: talking to Sabrina, Epiphany, etc. like they were beneath her because she's a doctor and saying something nasty to Emma (which provoked her to run away) and then turning around and lying to Patrick's face about it. Then Nikolas found out that Britt was actually a much, much worse person.

Felix started "The Britch" nickname, and Elizabeth didn't disagree with him and Sabrina about that because she was also disgusted by Britt's behavior at the hospital.  I think she both doesn't like or trust Britt for legitimate reasons and has feelings for Nikolas, but tends to go into self-denial about that due to their complicated history and her own fears. 

It's true that Nikolas and Elizabeth weren't a couple and she was well aware that Nikolas believed himself to be in love with Britt just a few months ago. But I also think she's a bit appalled that Nikolas would believe Britt could have changed that fast, after she stole his nephew, lied to everyone, etc. I understand her anger and hurt feelings now, about Nik being semi-torn between someone like Britt and her, his long-time friend and former lover.  But it's more than that- these two people don't seem to be able to love one man or woman in a healthy way, and both seem to have something of a feeling of entitlement regarding each other because of their history. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

This Brtt/Nik/Liz garbage is one of the stories Ron needs to back burner for 47 months. All three of them are useless pathetic imbeciles.

She also used the word "exciting." Lucky wanted them to have a love in the good times and bad, but he still saw her (and acknowledged it) as that teenage girl,  who he fell in love with as they helped each other heal - her after the rape and him after learning the truth about Luke. He was sweet to the Liz he still had on that youthful pedestal - but there was no excitement or passion in the Lucky-Elizabeth relationship, when JJ was in the role. I think she wants a love with stability and the excitement/passion, but doesn't know if she can have it - with Nikolas or any other guy.

When Liz says she wants excitement she really means she wants cheating and paternity lies.

• Love 1

I dug the Silas/Not Todd scenes. I love that Easton/Howarth chemistry. They have more chemistry than they do with the with their female partners.

Totally agree. I don't know if it's my OLTL love, but I loved the way they bantered back and forth about the Nina, it was fun, they seemed more alive than usual, like they, as actors, were enjoying playing off each other. Damn, I despise what Ron did with the OLTLers. I could take or leave Starr/Kiki/Lauren but the mess with Todd/NotTodd/Franco drives me insane! I know we George-lovers are few, but it's the only way I can deal with it, making RoHo Franco was the most ridiculous idea ever.

• Love 2
Nikolas needs to give up on Elizabeth once and for all. She is not good for him, and he will never be first with her

And vice versa. I wish the writers would stop trying to make Liz and Nik happen. As friends and semi-relatives, they're quite good, but romantically, they bring out the worst in each other.

• Love 11

And vice versa. I wish the writers would stop trying to make Liz and Nik happen. As friends and semi-relatives, they're quite good, but romantically, they bring out the worst in each other.

But the writers aren't even really trying. As bad as Niz are (imo), putting them together for a bit would be better than this RIDICULOUS merry-go-round. Piss or get off the damn pot already. If Carlivati wants to get Britt back into the mix later, fine, but not two seconds later! There actually has to be time established as a couple for Niz already before this is actually a triangle. Right now I have no idea what it is but it's not a triangle.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

But the writers aren't even really trying. As bad as Niz are (imo), putting them together for a bit would be better than this RIDICULOUS merry-go-round. Piss or get off the damn pot already..

Preach!  Those "We are SOOOO never going to happen!  It's OVER between us, OVER!" scenes between Nik and Liz Friday were ridiculous because 1) it's easily the third or fourth time we've seen similar scenes in the last year and 2) we all know what's coming next - Nik gets back together with Britt, Liz finds out about Britt's role in Spencer's disappearance, Nik dumps Britt and wants Liz again, but Liz is torn between him and the back-from-the-dead Ric blah blah BLAH.

I think the characters and, more importantly, us viewers need a break from the merry-go-round.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
Guza started wrecking the show from the instant he took over as head writer.  He's the one who engineered the CarSon disaster, he's the one who decimated the character of Tony Jones beyond redemption, he's the one who decided that we should cheer for a guy who put another man on a meathook so he could steal his child, he's the one who trashed a major legacy character for years on end, who turned the character of Courtney from a somewhat appealing girl-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks into SWMNBN, who shat on the character of Alexis because NLG ended up having more chemistry with MB than his pet TB*, who decided to make a mob thug and his brain-damaged sidekick into romantic leads and the stars of the show... and all this was before he started sadistically killing off Quartermaines practically every sweeps period.  There is no one - No. One. - who wrecked General Hospital as thoroughly, completely, and with such speed as Bob Guza.  [spits on ground].

And off to the history thread I go.

I think this show might be killing more brain cells than I can replace

I am almost positive it has for me, I think it's why I keep watching, somewhere the brain cells that would have told me long ago to stop watching have been killed off.

• Love 4

If Carlivati wants to get Britt back into the mix later, fine, but not two seconds later! There actually has to be time established as a couple for Niz already before this is actually a triangle. Right now I have no idea what it is but it's not a triangle.

Liz/Britt/Nik are basically the straight version of Lucas/Felix/Brad.

• Love 2

But, of course, that is going under the assumption that The Nina is at the very least, a humanoid.  And that's doubtful.

I suspect it will be discovered that she's a bat and will give birth upside down, hanging from the roof of the tunnels under Wyndemere.

LMAO! And also fuck me, Nina's still around? I haven't been watching, so has The Staff eaten the show since she's been around?

If some kind person could PM me with an abbreviated version of the crap I've missed, I'll read it from my comfy stateroom on the Barge.

Neener's menopausal?  Too bad Carly isn't closed for business, too.

I watched enough  Buffy the Vampire Slayer to know that it's practically impossible to shut down the HellMouth.

• Love 14
But the writers aren't even really trying. As bad as Niz are (imo), putting them together for a bit would be better than this RIDICULOUS merry-go-round.

This merry-go-round crap is their lame effort, IMO. Why write an actual relationship when they can keep this thing going? I wish this on-off nonsense would stop, too, but I also don't want Liz and Nik together. 

• Love 2

Couple things

The human troll needs to stfu about Felicia, Maxie, Frisco and them abandoning her or anything else he doesn't know, get or understand. Needs to stop passing judgement on x,y,z because xyz will never ever be as horrid, heartless with no reedeming quality or values like he is. He no truth teller he just a run of the mill jackass.

Felicia never abandoned her girls for Frisco ever. I'm not a Felicia apologist but I despise when newbies come along foaming off at the mouth about shit they can't get right or know what the hell they're talking about. Felicia left them or walked out on them for Luke not anybody else. It reminds me of Britt when it came to Niz when she was talking to Liz about Nik & she was sleeping with the serial homewrecker. It irks the hell out of me.

I can't even hold it against Lulu for not putting a cap in his ass cause this story isn't about them its just another horrid story like the immigration story & the godawful wedding too keep the abomination around longer then he ever needed to be. Everyone will be continued to be dumbed down to make his stupid ass schemes work.

I do appreciate that they have showed that Maxie & Lulu are not the least bit afraid of the clown because he has to be the most least convincing villain I have ever seen. There isn't a damn thing scary about him except maybe his face. Maxie then faced death 2 many times & Lulu then dealt with 2 homicidal Manics starvos & Franco to be the least bit afraid of him. It's the only thing Ron has gotten right along with the return of Maxie's brain in this tedious God awful shit.

Speaking of Shit did the ass forget that Maxlu are not responsible for the sins of there father? That Frisco didn't give a shit about Maxie so why are you trying to punish her for what he did? What does he accomplished? Not a damn thing except for the real Luke putting a bullet BTW his eyes for his cupcake.

Lastly is this story suppose to make him look better, humanize him, sympathetic over something that happen damn near 30 yrs ago? That was his own father making? Cause it makes him look as lame like a mother offer before the back story. Boo hoo my father was on the run cause he got dumped & stole some Jewel's...

Maxie & Lulu taunting & talking his dumbass to death is exactly what he deserves for not knowing who the fuck Maxie was in the first place. He had her twisted & he still hasn't gotten half of what he deserves for the shit he pulled on her esp when it came to her baby.

I do appreciate them letting Maxie defend Felicia.

• Love 3
Felicia never abandoned her girls for Frisco ever.

I hate the idea of defending ANY of this crap. BUT...

Flea DID abandon Maxie and Georgie for Frisco. She even admitted as such when she finally came home after Georgie was murdered - and just before Maxie blasted her for it.

Yes, it was a Guza "special". It was a piss poor excuse and rewrite of Flea as she WAS once a good parent, but whatever the reason, Flea did run off with Frisco and left Mac to raise their kids.

• Love 2