Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Morgan was the perfect Sonny/Carly spawn.  He was an entitled and spoiled asshole.  He manipulated KiKi into staying with him so she could help him "get better".  This was after he held her hostage at gunpoint (to "protect" her) and got her shot in the chest on the docks.  Sonny and Carly also guilt tripped KiKi into staying with Morgan.  KiKi was clearly not happy with Morgan and stay with him out of a sense of obligation.  Ava was right,  Morgan was a danger to KiKi, it was just a matter of time.  I don;t condone Ava's actions but I do understand them.  In her mind, she did something desperate to save her daughter's life. 

Morgan might have sucked, but Kiki was a grown ass woman, and yet again, the show never explained why these two would get back together. That is the other canard with female/male dynamic that is often expressed: women are strong and independent, but if she is in an unhappy relationship, the guy must be manipulating her. It was the same bullshit shoved at me during Lucky's drug addiction. Kiki didn't have to listen to Carly or Sonny and Morgan was finally seeing a therapist, a real one unlike Franco "art therapy", so he would be helped by an actual adult . Ava's actions were dangerous and stupid. She would have been better off paying off a high end hooker to seduce Morgan and having Kiki catch him (as Ava wouldn't have been forgiven if she did it herself) than potentially endangering people like both of her daughters, Josslyn, Kristina, Molly, Bobbie, the people that clean Sonny's house and random strangers. If Kiki saw Morgan slipping, she would be more likely to stay with him, not less. It was mostly the reason she was dating him at the time. But if Morgan was caught cheating again, Kiki would break up with and might have pursued a relationship with Dillon, guilt free at that! Man Michael might also suck, but he needs to take custody of Avery again, he might have been the only adult that ever parented her.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Carly's own hypocrisy knock her out? Because otherwise I don't see what made her fall down.

Ava threw the burning lantern at the couple. I think it might have hit Carly on the head and briefly knocked her out.

I rewound three times and I still couldn't figure it out.  Ava threw the lantern on the floor, not at them.  Sonny was holding/shielding Carly, right up against the paintings or whatever was leaning against the wall.  Yet somehow Carly falls down.  Weirdest thing ever.  

• Love 7

I actually liked the performances yesterday but was terribly confused by the 'Faith ' number. When Ned and Olivia were standing by the old fashioned juke box, I thought sure they were doing a song from Grease. And all during the performance, I STILL thought they were doing a song from Grease. Or at least the dance moves. Every single thing about that choreography was from 'You're the One that I want' including the stepping over someone lying on the floor. I did love her shoes though. And they seemed to be having fun, which is always nice to see.

re today's show, color me impressed by Laura Wright. I still wanted Ava to laugh in their faces when they started in about her hiding behind her kids. Pots meet kettle. But st least there wasn't a lot of screaming and even MB was fairly decent. 

Can we finally, FINALLY put st. MOrgan to rest? OMG I nearly threw something at the TV when Carly was going on about her sweet innocent boy and how Ava preyed on him and seduced him. And then KILLED him! No I'm not excusing what Ava did with the pills. It was horrible and it did contribute to his downward spiral. But Morgan was a stupid little shit who decided to drink and drive. And when he couldn't take his own car, he stole someone else's. Even if there hadn't been a bomb in the car, he probably would have crashed and ended up killing someone else.

and did I call it or did I call it? Jason is going to save the day and become the town hero. Sonny would have done it but he's too busy threatening Ava.

• Love 6
(edited)

We're STILL on the "you seduced my son" bullshit?  God, stfu Sonny and Carly.  Talk about the 2 pots calling the kettle black.

And, seriously, now Morgan was Avery's favorite and they're gonna tell a toddler and said toddler will make an informed decision to hate her mother?   

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10
(edited)
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The idea that Amy can run an advice column that genuinely helps people but it's only legitimate because its "Man Landers" is a good metaphor for this show.

As the show comes up with more and more ways to shove Amy 2.0 at us, my hate for her escalates. They are pushing her on us like they push Freako at us. I wonder if Freako is going to try to one-up Jason and save the day re: the Chimera "magic". You know--run up to Jake, rip the thing out of his hands,and throw it in the nearest fountain or fishpond at the Metro.

I strongly feel that Sonny and Carly are trying to make Ava the scapegoat for their parenting failures with Morgan. He was not an innocent baby, as Carly keeps insisting.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

"So Kiki's a grown woman, but Morgan's a little boy?!"  Thank you, Ava!

Pretty much the best thing about the episode was Ava throwing that back at Sonny and Carly.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Did Ava get to ask why Morgan was considered a beautiful little boy and Kiki was a grown woman? I had to fast foward till the last scene cause their hypocrisy was too great.

She did, but Sonny and Carly plowed right ahead and kept on screaming at her rather than answer her question.

• Love 3

What Carly and Sonny don't get is that Morgan was going to crash and burn eventually, it was just a matter of time.  Morgan's issues ran so much deeper than having a mental illness because he was raised by two sociopaths.  Morgan was a spoiled entitled brat who was raised without a moral compass.  No medication was going to help him become a decent person.  He would never be able to cope with life's ups and down because Sonny, Carly and the mob lifestyle had severely damaged him emotionally.  He was brought up by people that rationalized lying, cheating, stealing and even killing as being a part of their lives because they were the "good" criminals.  Poor Morgan never had a chance with Carly and Sonny as role models. 

• Love 20

The brief Robin video was lovely. So, did she just go right back to Berkeley after the airport scenes, and leave Emma with Anna? Or was the background supposed to be Anna's place? 

I roll my eyes that the first kids who turned on the deadly toxin were Anna and Robert's granddaughter, along with Laura and Luke's granddaughter. Of course. I guess Jason, Anna and Valentin will be the great heroes, saving the three beloved children (and everyone else). Did Sam leave to go home and feed Scout?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The brief Robin video was lovely. So, did she just go right back to Berkeley after the airport scenes, and leave Emma with Anna? Or was the background supposed to be Anna's place?

She stayed at Anna's house for the evening.

(edited)
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Morgan was a spoiled entitled brat who was raised without a moral compass.

No, he wasn't.  Jax was one of Morgan's primary role models until Morgan went away to school. His upbringing was much healthier than Michael's and when he went away he was a pretty normal, intelligent  well-adjusted kid. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Oracle42 you are correct that Jax was a great role model for Carly's boys.  I really liked Morgan when he was a kid.  However, when they SORASed him and Bryan Craig took over the role, the character was ruined.  He went from being a great kid with a lot of potential to a stupid asshit, the perfect Carly/Sonny spawn.  This is the Morgan that I despise.   

• Love 12

I think they set the stage for a possible messed up Morgan before they SORASed him. Jax and Carly's marriage fell apart and Morgan angsted that Jax didn't care about him anymore and he only really cared about Joss, his bio kid.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they set the stage for a possible messed up Morgan before they SORASed him. Jax and Carly's marriage fell apart and Morgan angsted that Jax didn't care about him anymore and he only really cared about Joss, his bio kid.

He was upset like any kid would be but there was no signs of him being a bad kid. Plus military school would've made him a lot more level headed.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, In2You said:

He was upset like any kid would be but there was no signs of him being a bad kid. Plus military school would've made him a lot more level headed.

There was nothing that said, oh Morgan is definitely going to be a bad kid, but like I said, they could definitely haved used what happened as a stepping stone to who Morgan became.

As for military school, I don't think that would guarantee that he would turn out level headed. He could have easily despised it there.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

As for military school, I don't think that would guarantee that he would turn out level headed. He could have easily despised it there.

Not to get political, but Trump went to military school and look how he turned out.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ava threw the burning lantern at the couple. I think it might have hit Carly on the head and briefly knocked her out.

So, Ava made up for being responsible for AJ's death?  I forgive you, Ava.  You threw fire at Sonny and Carly.  

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, but it morphed into a weird ..... thing?  And he never mentioned Jax.  I think Kiki, not having Jax/Morgan scenes or Dante/Morgan scenes messed it up.  They made Morgan into what Micheal was.  I would have imagined them switched if that makes sense.  I hate that the show has forgotten Micheal was a little brat, but Morgan was a decent kid in the brat's shadow.  Micheal should be more of a jerk.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Yeah, but it morphed into a weird ..... thing?  And he never mentioned Jax.  I think Kiki, not having Jax/Morgan scenes or Dante/Morgan scenes messed it up.  They made Morgan into what Micheal was.  I would have imagined them switched if that makes sense.  I hate that the show has forgotten Micheal was a little brat, but Morgan was a decent kid in the brat's shadow.  Micheal should be more of a jerk.  

This. It would have been one thing if RC had planned to make Morgan bipolar the whole time and had written him accordingly. Morgan was gone long time and given his SORASed age and Sonny's diagnosis that actually could have made sense and been a pretty strong story - but RC doesn't plan ahead and didn't care about character history. 

Young Morgan had Emma levels of screen time, he had an established background - he wasn't a non-speaking toddler. RC's Morgan would have been the equivalent of a SORASed Emma becoming a kleptomaniac bimbo

• Love 4

i dont understand why it was so important for kiki to dance in that number.  i thought that performance was awful.  so was neds and olvias.

if port charles was a real towm would people really want to watch the nurses ball? they could probably care less about dilon,valentin,ned.

what batteries make jakes thermos run? i never heard the word chimera till this show.

morgans pill story has been going on since october. it's ridiculous. first he died because of a bomb planted by olvia jerome. then after they catch her,ava gets found out.now shes going to be burned.

so much pain and destruction on this show. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

This. It would have been one thing if RC had planned to make Morgan bipolar the whole time and had written him accordingly. Morgan was gone long time and given his SORASed age and Sonny's diagnosis that actually could have made sense and been a pretty strong story - but RC doesn't plan ahead and didn't care about character history. 

Young Morgan had Emma levels of screen time, he had an established background - he wasn't a non-speaking toddler. RC's Morgan would have been the equivalent of a SORASed Emma becoming a kleptomaniac bimbo

Don't put that out there lol.  You know how Jelly, Modern Feminist Soap Writers, love to respect history or have watched the show lol.  

*I do think as soon as Nicholas Bechtel gets another job that they'll SORAS Joss, Emma, Casper, Adam, and Spencer... probably Danny too into teens*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

So, Ava made up for being responsible for AJ's death?  I forgive you, Ava.  You threw fire at Sonny and Carly.  

Exactly they turned Morgan into Michael when we had already just sat through bratty messed up Michael for years.  Morgan should've been the opposite but instead all of a sudden Michael became the most rational between the siblings he grew up with.  It didn't ring  true for the kid who grew up gun slinging,  had brain damage,  and went to prison. 

And we already had went through Kristina dropping out of college and whining about dad loving her less the year before.  With her and Morgan being about the same age it was a retread. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, In2You said:

Exactly they turned Morgan into Michael when we had already just sat through bratty messed up Michael for years.  Morgan should've been the opposite but instead all of a sudden Michael became the most rational between the siblings he grew up with.  It didn't ring  true for the kid who grew up gun slinging,  had brain damage,  and went to prison. 

And we already had went through Kristina dropping out of college and whining about dad loving her less the year before.  With her and Morgan being about the same age it was a retread. 

Dare I say it, but I actually like the recast Kristina more than this one.  She seemed like a grown up daughter of Sonny and Alexis.  Plus, she didn't bounce up and down and cry a lot.  I feel like every six months we get the same stories with Sonny Spawn.  Blah blah they hate him, want him to suffer, but then they love him, he helps them.  Can't these kids make a commitment?  Do something different?  It's boring af.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Nalan said:

She stayed at Anna's house for the evening.

Loved seeing Robin, but can someone please explain why there was a fire going in LATE MAY?  Loved, loved, loved Liz's dress. Also thought Carly looked great in that color. WTF was up with Ava's dress ?  That white sash made her look heavy, which she is not.  Speaking of heavy, OMG Lulu in that abomination!!  What look were they going for? I know she is 23 months pregnant, was there even a real need for her to be there? ER should have faked labor pains that day to avoid wearing that tent of a dress.

• Love 2

Saying something nice: The conversation between Laura and Lulu about the magic kit was actually the way a REAL conversation would go.  Lulu offered possible logical ideas why the present could be from Spencer and then segued to "maybe I misunderstood."  I don't know how to react when words coming out of characters' mouths make sense.  Good thing it doesn't happen much.

I guess whatever happens with the chimera isn't much, given L/L were home and discussing it in the previews.  Way to build suspense, show.

Biggest fear: the minute they STOP talking about St. Morgan is the minute he shows up alive. 

• Love 15
On 5/25/2017 at 8:05 PM, Asp Burger said:

I thought it worked pretty well after the shooting death of a semi-important character on The West Wing.  But the point is, all of these exceptions we're naming were from the aughts. Enough. Find a new song, TV and movies. At this point it's as bad as using Etta James's "At Last" for romantic dances. 

To be fair--I'm not watching, so I didn't see any of this--but using it this time could have been a tribute to Leonard Cohen, who passed away last November. His death may have actually been a sign that we'll hear a lot LESS from now on. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I always thought Morgan waS going to be screwed up because of how Michael was the chosen one and Morgan was pretty much ignored lol.Giving him bi polar I hated though.

This isn't just a simple situation of one was favored and one wasnt. Michael got more attention because he was an out of control child. Morgan watched Michael suffer and goal to jail over killing Claudia. Why would he just repeat that behavior? If anything that would've inspired him to not be like Michael.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

Loved seeing Robin, but can someone please explain why there was a fire going in LATE MAY? 

I actually know someone who lit a fire last weekend because it was icky enough outside, in NJ lol. But I think they were just going for ambiance.

20 minutes ago, In2You said:

This isn't just a simple situation of one was favored and one wasnt. Michael got more attention because he was an out of control child. Morgan watched Michael suffer and goal to jail over killing Claudia. Why would he just repeat that behavior? If anything that would've inspired him to not be like Michael.

He was about 11 when all that went down. Any vows he made he wasn't gonna necessarily keep. 

They could have tried to made the transition smoother between the two Morgans, but it wasn't some huge shocker imo he would turn out disgruntled. Morgan questioned Sonny sometimes but he still adored him. He told Dante he wished he had died when Sonny shot him when Michael went to prison. He wasn't all rah rah law and order.

In any case, I don't think either Michael or Morgan should have been either Cain or Abel, both should have been more complicated than that. But the story was never really about either Michael or Morgan with Ron. It was about Kiki, Franco, etc.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That's pretty much what happened with poor Maxie when she was SORASed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

color me impressed by Laura Wright

She was really good in the Carly/Sonny/Ava scenes. I've never liked how MW screams her lines—something always feels off to me when she does that—and of course, MB was laughably unthreatening.

3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

*I do think as soon as Nicholas Bechtel gets another job that they'll SORAS Joss, Emma, Casper, Adam, and Spencer... probably Danny too into teens*

Nicholas Bechtel has other jobs, and he's recurring on GH anyway. The kids could be SORASed whenever the writers want to do it.

58 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I guess whatever happens with the chimera isn't much, given L/L were home and discussing it in the previews.  Way to build suspense, show.

That totally cracked me up. And we also saw Carly conscious and talking to Sonny. So much for being trapped in a fire.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, In2You said:

Michael got more attention because Carly used him to hang onto Jason, she and Sonny felt he was a prize to keep away from super evil AJ, and the Q family.  Tween Michael was starting to get out of control because he figured out what Sonny did for a living, and wanted a share in Sonny's "power" (before the bullet in the brain). Michael got more attention when he was SORAS-ed because he had anger control issues as a result of being shot in the head. Morgan flat out said he was angry because he got sent away to school, and he felt more entitled to Carly and Sonny's love because he was their biological child.  This became an issue for him whenever Michael had the audacity to show some love/loyalty toward AJ, instead of unquestioning loyalty and devotion to Sonny. Morgan never understood that Michael was the favorite because to Sonny, what you can steal and lord over someone else is inherently of more value than something/someone who belongs to you naturally. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Morgan was not even born yet for a chunk of that big bad AJ must be away from Michael stuff. So of course Michael got more attention then. He was an only child! And when AJ died and was out of the picture Morgan was a toddler. We didn't see any favoritism after that because the kids were only trotted out to make Sonny look like a good father. And then came along the Michael wants to be the next Sonny before the bullet  to the brain.

There was never this years and years of Morgan being the neglected after thought until RC decided to write it that way. It never happened onscreen. He was sent away to school because Carly wanted to spite Sonny. That wasn't about favoring Michael.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael got more attention because Carly used him to hang onto Jason, she and Sonny felt he was a prize to keep away from super evil AJ, and the Q family.  Tween Michael was starting to get out of control because he figured out what Sonny did for a living, and wanted a share in Sonny's "power" (before the bullet in the brain). Michael got more attention when he was SORAS-ed because he had anger control issues as a result of being shot in the head. Morgan flat out said he was angry because he got sent away to school, and he felt more entitled to Carly and Sonny's love because he was their biological child.  This became an issue for him whenever Michael had the audacity to show some love/loyalty toward AJ, instead of unquestioning loyalty and devotion to Sonny. Morgan never understood that Michael was the favorite because to Sonny, what you can steal and lord over someone else is inherently of more value than something/someone who belongs to you naturally. 

This.  Michael was the favorite child because Sonny stole him from AJ and the Quartermaines.  Carly's argument for this was to keep Michael away from AJ's alcoholism because it was better for him to be raised by murderers in the mob.  Michael was a prize that was won.  They "loved" him but in an extremely dysfunction way.  Those two sociopaths do not know what love is.  There was no way that Morgan could compete with Michael for his parents' affection.  They would always put Michael first.

• Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, In2You said:

He was sent away to school because Carly wanted to spite Sonny. That wasn't about favoring Michael.

We know that to be true, but BC's Morgan had lines (to Carly, I think) about getting sent away to school and not being wanted at home in Port Charles (lack of visits from them, too).  Morgan said a few times (in various scenes during BC's time) that Michael was the favorite.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

We know that to be true, but BC's Morgan had lines (to Carly, I think) about getting sent away to school and not being wanted at home in Port Charles (lack of visits from them, too).  Morgan said a few times (in various scenes during BC's time) that Michael was the favorite.

But that was RC's rewrite. RC's rewrites also pretend Michael is a good guyand the most rational between him, Morgan, and Kristina and no way should that be true. We're supposed to forget he's a brain damaged murderer. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Isn't Jason the brain damaged murderer?

14 hours ago, In2You said:

Military school would have made a sensitive kid like that Morgan was even worse.  His bio-dad and mother divorced, he got attached to his step-father who was a good influence on him and cared for him more than as a possession, and then not only did his mother divorce step-dad and sent him away to military school where he was treated in the good old military manner instead of getting therapy, his bio-dad and mother talked trashed about his beloved stepdad from then on.

Even without the bipolar stuff, Morgan was a emotional disaster waiting to happen.

33 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

This.  Michael was the favorite child because Sonny stole him from AJ and the Quartermaines.  Carly's argument for this was to keep Michael away from AJ's alcoholism because it was better for him to be raised by murderers in the mob.  Michael was a prize that was won.  They "loved" him but in an extremely dysfunction way.  Those two sociopaths do not know what love is.  There was no way that Morgan could compete with Michael for his parents' affection.  They would always put Michael first.

It's a result of how sick and dysfunctional Sonny and Carly are.  Joss may escape it because Jax is no fool and he's not giving up on her but Morgan never had a chance.  Michael might have been able to get out of it if the Quartermains had fought for him, not just AJ but Alan and Monica and Edward, but they all seemed to think that AJ's son was better off with Carly and Sonny.

6 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Loved seeing Robin, but can someone please explain why there was a fire going in LATE MAY?

Behind a pregnant woman especially.  The best thing about being pregnant in the winter is that you can go out without a coat and feel normal since pregnant woman burn degrees hotter than women who aren't.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

They could have tried to made the transition smoother between the two Morgans, but it wasn't some huge shocker imo he would turn out disgruntled. Morgan questioned Sonny sometimes but he still adored him.

He did adore Sonny but he lived with Jax and with the first SORAS he lived with Jax from toddler to 11/12 years old. That's a pretty significant relationship. That's over a decade of seeing Jax working on business deals and having Jax help with homework and thousands of family dinners without screaming and broken barware and violence. If he was going to be jealous of Michael it should've been because he repeatedly threw away ELQ to whine about working for Sonny.

I think the relationship that RC wrote for Sonny/Morgan would have made more sense if it had been intentional. If Sonny had been avoiding him because Morgan was doing so well and Sonny didn't want to mess that up, and then he started seeing early signs of bipolar disorder in Morgan.

Instead, the writers apparently realized that they'd made Morgan incredibly unlikable, and instead of character growth or redemption they gave him an excuse, just like they did with Franco.

But, at least if they do bring him back with a recast, they can reset the character by having him take his meds.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

My mom watched Friday's ep with me and she said, about the chimera stuff, "Well, that was anticlimactic." And she hasn't been sitting through it for months on end like we have!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But, at least if they do bring him back with a recast, they can reset the character by having him take his meds.

I enjoyed Morgan's characterization the first two years admittedly. It was only once he started drugging Michael that imo they went too far. And even then it was just because he wasn't torn about it at all.

If he came back I think they should just make it a misdiagnosis and let him be a troublemaker . . . with a lot more nuance. This would be hypothetically, where the writers were better.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Jason the brain damaged murderer?

Military school would have made a sensitive kid like that Morgan was even worse.  His bio-dad and mother divorced, he got attached to his step-father who was a good influence on him and cared for him more than as a possession, and then not only did his mother divorce step-dad and sent him away to military school where he was treated in the good old military manner instead of getting therapy, his bio-dad and mother talked trashed about his beloved stepdad from then on.

Even without the bipolar stuff, Morgan was a emotional disaster waiting to happen.

It's a result of how sick and dysfunctional Sonny and Carly are.  Joss may escape it because Jax is no fool and he's not giving up on her but Morgan never had a chance.  Michael might have been able to get out of it if the Quartermains had fought for him, not just AJ but Alan and Monica and Edward, but they all seemed to think that AJ's son was better off with Carly and Sonny.

Behind a pregnant woman especially.  The best thing about being pregnant in the winter is that you can go out without a coat and feel normal since pregnant woman burn degrees hotter than women who aren't.

For me, I think someone like Morgan could have benefited from being in the military. It would like that episode of the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa are sent to military school and Bart ends up thriving. Sure, military school would be strict, but it would be structured, no one knew him as Sonny's son because he was going by Carly's maiden name, he would be treated like every other cadet instead of being shunted to the side in favor of Michael, and he would minded by people who aren't hypocrites.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I m a sporadic watcher {a/ka/a One More Time} and have come here to say:

1.  I am BEYOND pissed off that an actress as talented and accomplished as Jane Elliot had to wind up with sad sack Geary with the Half side Prince Valiant bleached pageboy.  Tracey, you deserved so much more.

2. I know nothing about the WSB, Anna's double, the chimera or the danger we are all in. I don't care--my hairdresser and I both think that Valentin HOT. So if  mush mouth Corinthos can be rehabbed, they better do that with Valentin.

3. Lulu is beyond annoying with her bug eyes. Her dress: A crime against fashion

4. Jakes magic act that will destroy the world? Oh, please

5. I have ALWAYS wished Sonny and Carly {whom I loathe and despise} died in afire..  Make it happen writers!

6.  I desperately need Ava's Nurses' Ball earrings in my life.

7. My new Fun Couple? Ned and Olivia.  She's gorgeous, he's very easy on thy eyes and I like their relationship.

8. Sam's dress and jewelry?  Epic fail.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I m a sporadic watcher {a/ka/a One More Time} and have come here to say:

1.  I am BEYOND pissed off that an actress as talented and accomplished as Jane Elliot had to wind up with sad sack Geary with the Half side Prince Valiant bleached pageboy.  Tracey, you deserved so much more.

If it makes you feel better, it was what JE wanted, apparently. It waa her idea to have him there.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2017 at 6:12 PM, statsgirl said:

I think the best use I've seen of it [Hallelujah] on TV is on House when it was used to describe the messed-up relationship between House and  his ex partner Stacy.  Now it's just the go-to when you want something that is supposed to move the audience.

On the "up" side, at least we're not getting 50 bajillion renditions of Green Day's "Time Of Your Life" any more.

16 hours ago, UYI said:

To be fair--I'm not watching, so I didn't see any of this--but using it this time could have been a tribute to Leonard Cohen, who passed away last November. 

Given that they had tributes to George Michael and David Bowie as well, I think this is the case.

I looked up the YouTube of JPS singing, and it had the title of "So It Goes".  I was thinking of the Nick Lowe song at first and couldn't figure out what on Earth it had to do with Val proclaiming his love for his wife!

(edited)

I've been noticing the recent popularity of coloring books to soothe psyches, and wondered if art therapist extraordinaire Franco Baldwin is using them with his patients. Or maybe using them himself?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Just caught up on the week's episodes and this was the worst Nurses' Ball yet. Total washout save for Robin's message and Helena. Why would they cut Liesl from the musical lineup when she is one of the few castmembers who can actually perform? And then so much airtime devoted to Jake's  magic trick which totally lacked suspense (even before the previews spoiled that it would fizzle out - just like the ball itself). Putting little kids front and center is clearly Frank and not Ron as we originally suspected. And without Ron, there wasn't even any eye candy to compensate (Magic Milo).

It was a disgrace to air this ball as part of May Sweeps. It's like all 4 soaps are competing to see which can devise the least engaging Sweeps plots. And I'm sorry to say GH takes the prize.

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

If it makes you feel better, it was what JE wanted, apparently. It waa her idea to have him there.

Dammit, JE!

1 hour ago, Aymery said:

Just caught up on the week's episodes and this was the worst Nurses' Ball yet.

I agree. Mainly because it was just so boring. But also there is just not really any heart left in the show at all and I feel the NB needs a lot of heart to make it work.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5