Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Whoever thought it was a good idea to break up Tracy's goodbyes with the new Brenda!Bot and Amy 2.0 need to have their head examined.  At least Luke's part in it was super brief.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Tracy last week: the painting is a priceless reminder of my father's love. Tracy this week: I'ma sell that bitch and be living on easy street. I don't care one way or the other about that painting, but her about face amused me. The group hug at the end was sweet, as was Monica finally throwing Tracy a bone and calling the house theirs. 

Is Amy going to glom onto any man she has a conversation with? What the fuck is her problem? 

How serendipitous that Tracy encounters Luke in a random coffee shop. What a crazy unexpected happenstance that doesn't at all make me want to barf!  We couldn't end things with the Quartermaines, nope, got to get Tracy back in Luke's orbit! AG's atrocious hair rounded out the grossness of it all. Yikes, indeed.

• Love 8

Fuck everyone who ragged on Tracy leaving. They treat her like trash when she's in PC, and suddenly she's selfish for wanting to do her own thing? Ugh. 

LOL that RPW could barely muster up a tear when saying goodbye.

Shut up, Amy. Lucy does most of the heavy lifting on the Nurses Ball, not you.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

How serendipitous that Tracy encounters Luke in a random coffee shop. What a crazy unexpected happenstance that doesn't at all make me want to barf!  We couldn't end things with the Quartermaines, nope, got to get Tracy back in Luke's orbit! AG's atrocious hair rounded out the grossness of it all. Yikes, indeed.

I've rewritten that scene for the show in my head: Tracy and the art dealer head out to the coffee shop and then a better dressed and better coifed Luke steps in from another room, pauses for a moment to admire the picture,  and carries it away. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5

So the show couldn't be bothered to show Tracy flashbacks with anyone other than Ned, nuDillon, Monica and Puke.  No Alan, no Edward, no anyone else of significance in Tracy's life.

God forbid Tracy goes out on a high note. We can't have the broker be a youngish, distinguished Italian man wanting to show her the sights as he gives her flirty eyes. We can't have her smile at the painting, put on her kick ass shades, let out her famous laugh and walk out the door to have fun with her life.

Nope. She walks into a dingy coffee shop and sees Hobo Loser Puke.  Fuck you GH.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Vella said:

Nope. She walks into a dingy coffee shop and sees Hobo Loser Puke.  Fuck you GH.

I'm fine with it. They could have fallen in to each other's arms. As it is, whoever wanted Tracy to end up with him (Tony Geary) can have that and those who don't can just picture a friendly chat between them.

• Love 12

Luke treated Tracy like garbage SO much of the time. He did not love her nor did he care about her. The show tries to insist he did and then writes a 'comedy' scene of Tracy having sex with Coleman, thinking she's having sex with Luke and how Luke arranged it to happen. So Tracy is sexually assaulted and nothing is done about it.  He sponged off her for YEARS and they reduced her to thinking it was all a love story. It was a terrible sendoff for their best actor. It made it clear the writers never cared about Tracy Q and never would.

• Love 3

I think this is the best JP/SA could muster up, honestly. And they showed Burton in the Q picture! if FV was willing to send Burton some pennies in honor of JE, he has to like her a decent bit lol.

• Love 3
(edited)

LOL that Tracy had no words for Lauren. (Or did she during the breaking news?)

I don't mind her running into...that person who vaguely resembles Luke. I'd rather it be him than Lord Larry ruining things yet again. At least this meeting was left ambiguous, as TeeVee329 said. The Q jet must be supersonic for her to get to Amsterdam that fast. Heh. 

That was a decent sendoff for Tracy, especially considering the state of the show today. Could it have been better? Of course. But Tracy left on her own terms and alive, two things that didn't often happen in the past. I am sorry there were so many Luke flashbacks, though. That wasn't necessary. It also undercut Tracy seeing Luke. But then, subtlety was never a strong point.

Shut up, Diane. It's not up to Carly to make Sonny feel better about himself. And ugh to the stupid Marisol crap. It's gross that Sonny always has to have the advantage no matter what. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Gotta say, it got a little dusty in my living room there at the end.  Until Luke and the dead squirrel on his head showed up.  What the eff was that?  

• Love 5
(edited)

I was all ready to cry and then got a gander of Luke's hair-do. Geary looks like more of a mental patient than when he was playing a heavily-sedated, drooling, straight-jacketed patient, on lockdown in a psychiatric hospital. Good Lord. What a way to ruin the climax of Jane's exit. Thanks for the memories, Ms. J. You have always been a delight. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your retirement. 

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Tracy last week: the painting is a priceless reminder of my father's love. Tracy this week: I'ma sell that bitch and be living on easy street. I don't care one way or the other about that painting, but her about face amused me. The group hug at the end was sweet, as was Monica finally throwing Tracy a bone and calling the house theirs. 

Is Amy going to glom onto any man she has a conversation with? What the fuck is her problem? 

I've fanwanked it in my head that Tracy had already let go of the painting in her heart, when she was ready to let Samira take it. 

On Amy, I've got nothing. 

Jane must have wanted Geary there, but my word, I wonder if she knew what he looked like. I'm glad they left her fate with him up to our imaginations, because I'm imagining her pointing and laughing right now, and then running out the door for coffee elsewhere, before he finds a way to swindle her out of her new windfall. 

1 hour ago, Vella said:

So the show couldn't be bothered to show Tracy flashbacks with anyone other than Ned, nuDillon, Monica and Puke.  No Alan, no Edward, no anyone else of significance in Tracy's life.

God forbid Tracy goes out on a high note. We can't have the broker be a youngish, distinguished Italian man wanting to show her the sights as he gives her flirty eyes. We can't have her smile at the painting, put on her kick ass shades, let out her famous laugh and walk out the door to have fun with her life.

We did get a lot of flashbacks last week, after AJ's fat crypt plaque gave her a near-death experience. Still, I was a little offended that so many of the flashbacks feature Geary. Ugh. 

Edited to add: 

Look at his facial expression. It's like he just got a peek at a mirror and realized how ridiculous he looks.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 9

After watching an episode of Rick Steves Europe and learning that coffee shops in Amsterdam aren't really "coffee" shops, well, I think I'd need a big old whiff of "coffee" to be able to stay in the same room with Riff Raff Luke...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That was a decent sendoff for Tracy, especially considering the state of the show today. Could it have been better? Of course. But Tracy left on her own terms and alive, two things that didn't often happen in the past. 

This is a good point. I mean I think all the scenes from today and yesterday were pretty bad in most ways, but in general this was a pretty nice way for Tracy to leave.

The Amy/Nathan scenes were fine until Amy ripped Maxie's half of the picture. What are they doing with this character? I can't.

I skipped everything Sonny and Carly related yet again. I'm just done.

27 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm glad they left her fate with him up to our imaginations

I think she was as stunned by his hair as we were. I could not stop laughing, even though ulkis posted that photo.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, General Days said:

Also (and this has nothing to do with body type), I find this new Amy somehow (can't articulate it yet) an offense to the original Amy Vining. Amy Vining (Shell Kepler) was brought on as Laura's adoptive sister. There was a whole backstory for her. There wasn't this just: HERE TAKE OUR NEW CONTRIVED CHARACTER. She is not working for me, at all.

I can't figure out what they're trying to do with her.  No sooner does the door open but she's bitching to Maxie's husband about what an awful person Maxie is.  And then she moves on to what a wonderful person she herself is because  she's a nurse and helps people, and then complains about having to do extra work for the Nurses Ball.  She's really awful and the only she would get Nathan is if he's too drunk to see that it's her.

I too tried out for cheerleading squad in my last year of high school and I didn't make it.  Sometimes there are circumstances beyond your control (in my case, the votes were cast by the football team.)  My life hasn't been blighted though and I'm not still ragging on the people who didn't vote for me.

If I met Nathan I'd be wanting to get as far away from the vitriol as soon as I could.

5 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

As a footnote, JE on her worst day is still the best actor they have(male or female), and that is about to be glaringly evident.

I think Wally is pretty good now but JE really has marvelous timing and expressions. She can put an entire script into just one look.  I'm going to miss her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
(edited)

OMG, the Geary picture.  LMAO.

I really wish we would have discovered that Joe Scully, Jr really didn't die because of bad water, but that he'd settled in Europe and Tracy ran into him instead of Lunk.  Joe and Tracy were a fun pairing, imo.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4

Jesus that hair will give me nightmares. So glad there was no dialogue. 

Kiki and Olivia are just so annoying in those Q scenes. Neither belong at all.

They actually remembered Tracy and Lulu were close. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Jason should have been there for Tracy to diss him one last time. The same with Sam. The woman did steal their kids' inheritance from Alan. But this was before Jelly so they wouldn't know.

Inheritance implies a relationship with some value.  Jason Morgan said numerous times that Sonny was like a father to him, and the first time he really showed care or respect for Alan (aside from re: Emily) was when Alan was on his death bed.  Jason and Sam never, ever talk about Grandpa Alan to Jake or Danny on-screen. The kids have Jason's money, and probably Jerome money too. They'll be fine.

44 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The fact that Brad and Dr. O are still on this show is blowing my mind.

I'll allow it since he/they are plotting against stupid Dr. Michael Easton.  

And two days in a row of Sonny yelling at/threatening a woman.  What a charmer. #eyeroll

• Love 4
(edited)

I started tearing up when Monica and Tracy exchanged I love yous, but the show was nice enough to throw cold water on me by cutting to Nathan's open shirt. And then I giggled through watery eyes when Tracy went out the door and Monica and Ned looked emotional and Dillon did a 50 yard stare.

It was cute when Tracy told Dillon to look to Michael as a patron.

I liked them showing Tracy signing her name.

Aside from how I feel about Tracy/Luke, the should have let it go on a moment longer because the way they did it made it feel like they're going to continue on it. Either that or just stopped the episode on the shot of the painting.

Thanks to Jane Elliot for always giving this show her all, no matter what the writing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Aside from how I feel about Tracy/Luke, the should have let it go on a moment longer because the way they did it made it feel like they're going to continue on it. Either that or just stopped the episode on the shot of the painting.

I didn't feel like it make it feel they would continue on it. But they did kind of cut out before the concluding note in the background music, so they could go to the teasers for tomorrow, and that undercut the emotion of the scene. 

If y'all watch it again, listen to the music. I'm not a musician, but the music didn't end as much as it was cut off. I have had two glasses of wine, so I'll stop talking now, before I go all KeMo at (most) Emmy Awards. 

Edited by General Days
typos

So, no last Tracy-Michael scene, with a mention of ELQ - after ALL the scenes they've had in recent years about the company?! I guess I can understand Tracy and Lulu not having a good-bye, since JE and JMB's Lulu worked together much more and had a good on-screen bond.

I think having flashback of Tracy and Edward, and Tracy and Alan, would be sad.

(edited)
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

So "Jake" is on Grey's Anatomy and he's breaking my heart a little. He's a good little  crier. 

This maybe belongs in the unpopular opinion thread, but I like the latest iteration of Jake. The last kid was fine as a tyke, but was not good upon his return. I get enjoying him as some major creepster, but I think that was an unintentional side-effect of his utter lack of acting skills. The new kid (I feel) is at least into it. 

I do wish they'd adjust the SORASing though, because none of the kids are the right age, any more. 

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So, no last Tracy-Michael scene, with a mention of ELQ - after ALL the scenes they've had in recent years about the company?! I guess I can understand Tracy and Lulu not having a good-bye, since JE and JMB's Lulu worked together much more and had a good on-screen bond.

Wait, didn't Tracy and Michael have a moment, today? I thought they did. 

In re Tracy and Emme Rylan's Lulu: ER is one of the young actresses J.E. talked about in one of her exit interviews. I think she liked her. 

Edited by General Days
lucy is not tracy ugh
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, General Days said:

Wait, didn't Tracy and Michael have a moment, today? I thought they did. 

They did, complete with ELQ mention. Unless @Bringonthedrama, you meant a one-on-one scene?

ER and JE worked together a lot. It was only when GF came back they stopped having scenes.

2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Wrong

I figured when a notification popped up with that damn profile lol.

• Love 1
(edited)

Show had to go there. My stomach started turning when we suddenly started seeing flashbacks of Tracy and Luke. They were always the forced odd couple, like Carly and Franco, but much worse.  

My fanwank for the next few minutes between flaxen-haired Luke and Tracy in the coffee shop is his revelation that they can never be a couple again since he's taken the plunge and become transgendered "Lukelin".  

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Show had to go there. My stomach started turning when we suddenly started seeing flashbacks of Tracy and Luke. They were always the forced odd couple, like Carly and Franco, but much worse.  

My fanwank for the next few minutes between flaxen-haired Luke and Tracy in the coffee shop is his revelation that they can never be a couple again since he's taken the plunge and become transgendered "Lukelin".  

That's not flaxen-haired. That's damn-ass white, but the color is not what I'm objecting to. It's the stupid cut. He looks like more of a fool than ever (and remember, even though he won't, TG came to fame with the abominable curly top style in the late 70s-early 80s). What an effing tool. Go away, Luke.

4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I wonder how much TG's cheque was for that two second, no line appearance?

Whatever it was, it was far too much. He added NOTHING to J.E.'s departure. God, I hate Luke.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 6

I've given up this shit show, but wanted to  pay some respect for what JE has brought to the show over the years, so I watched today. Low rent product as usual, but she does her best with what she's given as expected.

Then there was that last scene.

WTF? TG. That hair. Gross. I know people have said it in different ways many times, but he's a such a douche. As far as the actual scene goes, in my mind, she chats with him, then shakes her her head as she walks away. 

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm fine with it. They could have fallen in to each other's arms. As it is, whoever wanted Tracy to end up with him (Tony Geary) can have that and those who don't can just picture a friendly chat between them.

I liked the open-ended quality of the conclusion to Tracy's story.  As you are saying, we can now continue the story with whatever details we prefer.  That works for me. 

Overall, I thought that the past two episodes - and especially this last one - created a much more respectful and emotionally-rewarding farewell to Jane and Tracy than the gimmicky court scenes last week.  Taking some Milk of Amnesia to forget the Samira/faux-Ashton elements. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Linny said:

She set out to start her own life and then runs into someone from the past.  Contradictory.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

They did, complete with ELQ mention. Unless @Bringonthedrama, you meant a one-on-one scene?

ER and JE worked together a lot. It was only when GF came back they stopped having scenes.

I figured when a notification popped up with that damn profile lol.

Re Tracy and Michael, yes,Tracy and Michael did have an ELQ mention in the separate room where Michael went to take a business phone call  - and a second mention with Tracy's suggestion to Michael that ELQ could sponsor a Dillon Quartermaine film. 

Re Tracy and Lulu:

Yes, Tracy and Emme’s Lulu shared a number of scenes – mostly about Luke, as I remember.  However, the real work of building the Tracy/Lulu relationship had been done before Emme arrived on the GH canvas.

As this finale was approaching, I wondered how the writers would handle the telling of the story of what was, to me, an important relationship.  Jane and Julie were the ones who told this meaningful, moving evolution from mutual dislike through the step-monster stage to becoming loving family members and supportive friends.  This was a story built on two women – one very young and one more experienced in life – who were alike in many ways.  Both struggled under the burden of desperately needing a father’s love and approval, and both created sometimes harsh, brusque exteriors to mask their underlying emotions.   A story told by two actresses who shared abilities to display sharp minds and acerbic tongues – yet show tenderness and vulnerability under the surface. 

By the time Emme arrived on the scene, all the hard work had been done by Jane and Julie in the Tracy and Lulu relationship and the two women were in a very good place with each other.  As well, all the hard work had been done by Julie and Tony in the Lulu/Luke relationship – so, again, there was less to play between Tracy and Lulu in that father/daughter aspect of their story. 

As a result, the significant Tracy/Lulu flashbacks could not be used on screen this week.  However, Emme, with her personal attachment to Jane, was able to very nicely bring the needed genuine emotion to yesterday's scenes.

However, for me, what really made the acknowledgement to Tracy and Lulu’s story was the heartfelt scene in which Laura thanked Tracy for having done so much for her daughter – so much in those years when Laura couldn’t be part of Lulu’s life.  The history of Laura and Tracy –of Genie and Jane- gave the Lulu portion of Jane’s farewell the essence it needed and the link to how the Lulu/Tracy story evolved.

This story did NOT need the wretched Samira/Faux-Ashton elements - nor Judge Sonny.  However, the past two days (Luke's sad hair aside) allowed the actors involved to give the farewells to Jane and Tracy the heart they needed. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 8

It's funny that the  interaction with Tracy and Luke that I would be able to accept, is what we got:  seeing each other across a room, and then the cut away/FTB so that we can decide what happens. In my mind, they catch up, maybe he even shows her around town, but then she moves on. I think she was happy/stunned to see him, but I also think Tracy has grown  too much as a person to go backwards with him. One thing Tracy has always been-full of life.  Luke looked like a lost old man who would never fit with her. You could fanwank it and say he looked lost because he didn't have her with him-I prefer to think he was just having a senior moment.

I'm totes okay with Jason MORGAN not being at the gathering yesterday. He's  rarely done anything but look down his nose and diss the Qs for nigh on two decades. I can't remember if it was ever said how much of his memory he got back, but he just doesn't GET the Qs. Proof of that is him throwing money at them by getting ELQ back. He would have been totally out of place yesterday, and it would have shown. Reindeer sweater wearing Jason Q would have happily joined in the group hug yesterday. Jason MORGAN would stand there, look constipated, and blink. No thank you. JE deserved better-and I LOVE that not only was he purposely excluded from the engagement party and yesterday, but absolutely NO ONE asked where he was. That's the way it needs to remain, but now that JE is gone, I have a feeling that the writers will try to shove him back into their universe. They are almost as big Sonny and Jason butt kissers as Guza. BLAH

I loved Finn's pineapple comment yesterday, and him trying to get Tracy to play one last game. It was sad-I'm going to miss them SO much. So much wasted potential there. No hug, though. BOO. I have to wonder if it was a JE choice not to hug anyone but the Qs at the end, because maybe she'd be too emotional to get through it. I do think it was mostly the actors saying goodbye to Jane. No way would Laura be that emotional over Tracy, and Emme obviously was about to lose it. LLC was also about to burst into tears when Tracy walked over to Olivia, until she seemed to remember that no way would Olivia be that upset, and she held it in. WK's tears were real. I didn't have a problem with how RPW handled his scenes, either. Dillon is actually the only one in the room who was allowed to be angry, so he had more in character to convey than anyone else IMO. I felt his reaction at the end was appropriate-he looked more shell shocked and lost than sad-and to me, that was expected. What, two days ago, Tracy has no plans to leave or part with the painting-now she's leaving town, and it could be the last time they ever see each other. Stunned is how I think most people would be, and he conveyed that adequately enough. Plus-since it was mostly the actors saying goodbye-it makes perfect sense Wally, Leslie and Genie would have the most emotional reactions.

That group hug at the end, though. Perfection-and again, an example of why Jason MORGAN doesn't belong. The flashbacks, though. Whoever chose them last Friday and yesterday-such lackluster choices except for the Ned/Tracy and Tracy/Monica ones. Why no Lila, Alan, Edward, Paul, Marco, JOE JR, even Anthony Z? No Tracy and Mitch, Tracy and Lulu.  Waaay too much Tracy and Luke.  I don't know if that's the ending I would have written for Tracy-in my mind, she's a Scarlett O'Hara-ish character. A truly happy ending is not her. She should always be reaching for it, but never completely obtain it-but I think that's why they did what they did. We get to decide what happens. I like that.

This show, though. There's a big gaping hole, whether you like Tracy, or JE, or not. But man, I'm gonna miss Finn and Tracy the most, and that surprises me. Who would have thought that little more than a year ago, I'd be saying ME and JE as a pair would be the best things about this show.

• Love 6
(edited)

I too thought it was irritating and contradictory for Tracy to be setting out on a whole new life with such a buildup and then run into weirdo Luke on the first steps of her journey. She's being sucked back in to all the sad and miserable elements of her past when she sees him. Luke's whole history of crazy past stories and pain comes with him, even more so  than that with Lord Larry. Killer Paul is safely tucked away in prison, so she does not have to deal with that part of her past (except for the comforting aspect of Dillon, their son). But Luke brings memories from her personal past as well as so much notoriety, grief, and agita from most of the years Tracy has been in Port Charles. Luke is a ghost, and his appearance is a terrible omen for her healthy outlook and plans.

On a personal note--Luke's re-appearance reminded me of the several times former loves reappeared suddenly out of my past, wanting to reminisce. A firm "No" is always the right answer, and I hope Tracy dished it to sad sack Luke.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm totes okay with Jason MORGAN not being at the gathering yesterday. He's  rarely done anything but look down his nose and diss the Qs for nigh on two decades. I can't remember if it was ever said how much of his memory he got back, but he just doesn't GET the Qs. Proof of that is him throwing money at them by getting ELQ back. He would have been totally out of place yesterday, and it would have shown. Reindeer sweater wearing Jason Q would have happily joined in the group hug yesterday. Jason MORGAN would stand there, look constipated, and blink.

SBu's Jason Morgan, yeah. BM's Jason Morgan would have hugged, then try to lift them up as they all hugged, then insisted they all fistbump and say, "Quartermaine wonder powers, activate!"

I groused earlier about whether they were writing Luke and Tracy or Jane and Tony, but now I really think it was supposed to have been a meta moment. They met in Amsterdam and Luke was completely styled TG. 

I have a feeling the clips they chose were the most prominent ones on youtube. Ah well. The episodes made me emotional and that's pretty much all you can ask of the show nowadays. It still stuns me only a single flashback was used during Luke's finale.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

However, the real work of building the Tracy/Lulu relationship had been done before Emme arrived on the GH canvas.

I think it was Lulu's abortion (she had one, you know) that really brought them together, and of course, that was JMB's Lulu.

2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm totes okay with Jason MORGAN not being at the gathering yesterday.

Same here. I don't think Tracy ever got along well with Jason, no matter his last name. He didn't need to be there.

• Love 1

I can't deal with all the annoying rich people problems today. Oh no, the toddler might not be admitted to the hoity toity preschool! Oh no, the idiots who are on their fourth marriage to each other are fighting over the distribution of their millions! Give me a break. 

"The last thing I want is to be in the middle of all this," says Michael as he repeatedly ping pongs back and forth between his parents. Grow some self-awareness, Michael, and in the meantime shut up.

"What happened to your pride, your self-respect? You have three daughters, and this the example that you set for them?" Damn, Jordan, that was savage and I LOVE it. Alexis needs to be hit with more truth bombs like that. 

Ava's gleeful expression at the true nature of Sonny's tryst was delightful. I know the show won't ever let Ava truly best Sonny, but I hope she can make his life at least a little hard.

• Love 9

I can't with this Dr. Michael Easton/Brad story, it really grosses me out for some reason.

And Carly saying to Michael with a straight face that Sonny needs to face some consequences when she helped him cover up murdering Michael's bio dad, while classic Carly, was pretty much everything I hate about this show in a nutshell.

• Love 7