Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I took a break for awhile and missed the whole Olivia Jerome/Anna&Duke storyline, though I'm aware of the story.  I despised Duke with the heat of a thousand suns and never thought he was good enough for my girl Anna (especially when she had Robert Freakin Scorpio in her life).  So someone needs to explain to me why Olivia would be so into Duke that she would be obsessed enough to put herself into pictures with him and declare war on people 20+ years later.  What is this mess?

Curtis. Isn't HE just as dangerous as Jason? How come his family isn't on the hit list too?

Julian mentioned Curtis and how he has an in with Jordan and that would be a problem for Olivia (we know it won't since Jordan and her team are incompetent)

because we're invading Canada to steal their maple syrup. 

I thought you guys had your own maple syrup, like, somewhere in Vermont.  NOw, if you said you were coming to get our poutine or back bacon, I could understand.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Why does Sam have to be the one forced to tolerate and accept her sexual assaulter/rapist to "keep peace" with a woman that has shown time and time again she has no respect for Sam, Danny, or their life with Jason?

She shouldn't be written to be anywhere near Liz or Franco, I agree. There's no reason for it. And it's not fair to Sam fans. But I'm also of the belief that Liz shouldn't be written as a person who is out to snark at Sam to help a rapist or try to ruin Sam's life or manipulate Jason. It's not fair to Liz fans either, IMO. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But I'm also of the belief that Liz shouldn't be written as a person who is out to snark at Sam to help a rapist or try to ruin Sam's life or manipulate Jason. It's not fair to Liz fans either, IMO.

Quoted for truth. This current shit isn't a matter of typical Liz, being stupid over a guy. "Stupid over a guy" describes every single woman on this show, at some point or another. But this kind of thing absolutely trashes her.

I like Liz, okay? And I don't much care about Sam. (SmugJasonWorshipper!Sam is annoying as fuck. DavisGirl!Sam and DrunkTruthteller!Sam is kind of a kick.) But this show cannot expect anyone to sympathize with Liz in this scenario. CAN NOT. Sam would be 100% justified in punching Liz in the face the second she starts in on even vaguely defending Franco. I mean, Jesus Christ. Even if Franco isn't guilty of this specific crime, it's not Sam's responsibility to give him the benefit of the doubt or prove his innocence or spit on him if he's on fire.

FRANCO RUINS EVERYTHING WHY IS HE STILL HERE

• Love 8

StandInSpinelli, there's nothing "-ish" about Mac being Maxie's father, so just shut it.

So... are we supposed to believe that Anna - Not present day Anna, who's a fail, but awesome '80's Anna. - would be so repulsed by another person's physical appearance that she couldn't even be civil to him?  The same Anna who put a fake scar on her face?  Um, what?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I took a break for awhile and missed the whole Olivia Jerome/Anna&Duke storyline, though I'm aware of the story.  I despised Duke with the heat of a thousand suns and never thought he was good enough for my girl Anna (especially when she had Robert Freakin Scorpio in her life).  So someone needs to explain to me why Olivia would be so into Duke that she would be obsessed enough to put herself into pictures with him and declare war on people 20+ years later.  What is this mess?

This is what they came up with to redeem Julian after they totally trash his character last year.  

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

because we're invading Canada to steal their maple syrup. 

I thought you guys had your own maple syrup, like, somewhere in Vermont.  NOw, if you said you were coming to get our poutine or back bacon, I could understand.  

Yum, maple syrup.  We live in NH and have several Maple trees.  Every spring our neighbor tap the trees, cooks the sap and gives us at least a gallon of syrup.  I love spring.

• Love 1

Olivia Jerome, if she really wants power, shouldn't she be going after the biggest, baddest mob boss on the East Coast. Shouldn't we be calling her OJ, so as not to mix her up with Dante's " saintly" mom.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Quoted for truth. This current shit isn't a matter of typical Liz, being stupid over a guy. "Stupid over a guy" describes every single woman on this show, at some point or another. But this kind of thing absolutely trashes her.

I like Liz, okay? And I don't much care about Sam. (SmugJasonWorshipper!Sam is annoying as fuck. DavisGirl!Sam and DrunkTruthteller!Sam is kind of a kick.) But this show cannot expect anyone to sympathize with Liz in this scenario. CAN NOT. Sam would be 100% justified in punching Liz in the face the second she starts in on even vaguely defending Franco. I mean, Jesus Christ. Even if Franco isn't guilty of this specific crime, it's not Sam's responsibility to give him the benefit of the doubt or prove his innocence or spit on him if he's on fire.

FRANCO RUINS EVERYTHING WHY IS HE STILL HERE

FV is bound and determined that GH fans are going to love Franco so that he can keep RoHo employed, period.  Who cares if Elizabeth would never get within spitting distance of a serial killing rapist or would not show compassion toward another rape victim.  On the flip side of this, BH, KeMo and FH all want to work with RoHo and I can understand wanting good material, but this IS suppose to be a character driven show.

• Love 1
On 1/16/2017 at 3:13 PM, Linny said:

How lovely, now innocent baby Leo is going to be in danger thanks to Julian. General Hospital, always giving the people what they want.

One of the Jerome babies needs to be killed off

• Love 1

Could the spotlight for Naxie's first dance been any brighter?  I thought they'd pan over and Jack Jones would be standing there singing the theme from "Love Boat".

They could have skipped the two person (one was a child) bouquet toss.  It just showed how sparsely-attended the wedding was.

• Love 2

Poor Griffith. Anna asking Valentin how he could attack poor delicate Griffith may have been the most embarrassing moment for a man since Obrecht held Nathan's hand at his bedside and sang.

It really was embarrassing, and doesn't it seem as though Griffin is getting the kind of writing a character gets when the show is just running out the string and they've decided he doesn't work? First he was in the Charlotte story for ten minutes. Then they teased a Griffin/Liz/Franco triangle and apparently dropped it -- even with all that's been going on, there have been so many ways that could have been kept alive. Now he's hanging around boozing it up at a wedding for no reason other than to be a punching-bag catalyst for Valentanna revelations.  

Of course, Valentin sounding like he was about to burst into tears because Anna was mean to him was also pretty embarrassing. Also, what? He was hunchbacked? I'm confused.

I'm confused in the good way, though. I kind of...care. I want to know more, at least. I thought James Patrick Stuart rocked every moment of that. His sheer menace in taking Griffin apart was slightly scary, especially "Don't ever mention my daughter again, you hear me? Just nod." Then he turned on a dime into that red-faced, stammering, child-like character.  Finola was good too. I put my finger today on why she makes a good soap heroine. She can play "confusion" (which soap heroines have to do a lot) without ever looking like an idiot.  

It was a dumb move of Lulu but I thought she came across like it was instinctual and she just wanted to make Charlotte feel better.

I should read it that way, but it looked more opportunistic to me. She really is going about everything idiotically, and I'd like to believe it's leading up to some kind of growth, but my fear is that it's just going to be mini-Carly "force of nature" crap where she's justified.  

I don't know, but Griffin's "but she was an excellent swimmer!" cracked me up.

I set my watch for that line whenever any character drowns (or is presumed dead of drowning) on any television show or movie. The drowned character was always an excellent swimmer, and it was such common knowledge that people can just automatically spit it out. I mean...many people are excellent drivers too and still die in car accidents.   

Unpopular opinion: No problem with the Liz/Sam scenes today, and I don't really get all the "Why do these two characters have to be in scenes together?" Of course they're going to be in scenes together. They both have long history with and children by the same guy. Watching General Hospital while both characters are on it is probably going to mean sucking it up on that one, for fans of either character.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

It really was embarrassing, and doesn't it seem as though Griffin is getting the kind of writing a character gets when the show is just running out the string and they've decided he doesn't work? First he was in the Charlotte story for ten minutes. Then they teased a Liz/Griffin/Franco triangle and apparently dropped it -- even with all that's been going on, there have been so many ways that could have been kept alive. Now he's hanging around boozing it up at a wedding for no reason other than to be a punching-bag catalyst for Valentanna revelations.  

I thought they were gonna go for a Maxie/Griffith/Nathan triangle. I wonder what happened there.

I'm confused in the good way, though. I kind of...care.  [. . .]  Then he turned on a dime into that red-faced, stammering, child-like character.

I'm curious, but I didn't like Valentin turning THAT distressed. It was too much for me.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I thought they were gonna go for a Maxie/Griffith/Nathan triangle. I wonder what happened there.

Ditto, that definitely seemed to be where things were headed, but then, poof, nada.

So now that Nathan and Maxie are married, how long before Jelly has Nathan put a knife to Maxie's throat and then how long after that will they bring back Britt and blame it on her?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, if Valentin were the Elephant Man, why would he be at the academy in the first place?

I got the impression, especially with that hunchback/Igor thing he had going on was that he was perhaps a custodian or some other "invisible" character in the building, since he talked about her not seeing him. 

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ditto, that definitely seemed to be where things were headed, but then, poof, nada.

So now that Nathan and Maxie are married, how long before Jelly has Nathan put a knife to Maxie's throat and then how long after that will they bring back Britt and blame it on her?

Don't be silly. Nathan will put a knife to Maxie's throat and it will be blamed on Maxie somehow. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm so weird. I totally had a feeling KMc liked Blake Berris 'cause her reactions to him in the background were so cute.

I think the recast actually worked out better. At a big wedding Spin being there would have been fine; MC-ing a smaller wedding would have been weird. With the recast he just seemed like a random DJ.

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, why is Griffin at Maxie and Nathan's wedding in the first place?  The groom shot you, bro, after you screwed his first wife.  Maybe sit this one out.

Why was he even invited? The man is friendly with Maxie. But a couple of months ago Tree was assaulting Griffin and trying to strangle the man. But now he is inviting the guy to his wedding? WTF?

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It really was embarrassing, and doesn't it seem as though Griffin is getting the kind of writing a character gets when the show is just running out the string and they've decided he doesn't work? First he was in the Charlotte story for ten minutes. Then they teased a Griffin/Liz/Franco triangle and apparently dropped it -- even with all that's been going on, there have been so many ways that could have been kept alive. Now he's hanging around boozing it up at a wedding for no reason other than to be a punching-bag catalyst for Valentanna revelations.  

I'm confused in the good way, though. I kind of...care. I want to know more, at least. I thought James Patrick Stuart rocked every moment of that. His sheer menace in taking Griffin apart was slightly scary, especially "Don't ever mention my daughter again, you hear me? Just nod." Then he turned on a dime into that red-faced, stammering, child-like character.  Finola was good too. I put my finger today on why she makes a good soap heroine. She can play "confusion" (which soap heroines have to do a lot) without ever looking like an idiot.  

I set my watch for that line whenever any character drowns (or is presumed dead of drowning) on any television show or movie. The drowned character was always an excellent swimmer, and it was such common knowledge that people can just automatically spit it out. I mean...many people are excellent drivers too and still die in car accidents.   

I don't know if the writers truly have no clue what to do with Griffin or if MC's off set schedule is messing with whatever they've had planned. Because Griffin is quickly becoming the newbie male verified of BH's Liz. Tested with everyone, but going nowhere fast.

And why the hell didn't Griffin just outright say that it was impossible for him to believe that fairly good Catholic girl Claudette would just

Unemployed Curtis' whole involvement in this Shanghai Express mess makes no sense. Sam and Jasus are rich, he's not.  How can he afford to work for free? While still looking fine as hell.

Someone give Griffin a hug

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm confused in the good way, though. I kind of...care. I want to know more, at least. I thought James Patrick Stuart rocked every moment of that. His sheer menace in taking Griffin apart was slightly scary, especially "Don't ever mention my daughter again, you hear me? Just nod."

I'm actually really interested in the story too and I thought JPS was fantastic in that particular scene, but I can't take take the hunchback stuff seriously. It was just offensively embarrassing and JPS couldn't sell it for me. But yea this is still the only story I am actually interested in.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Good for Lulu.  She should have secured Charlotte from that psycho and his psycho wife the second that she found out that she was her mother.  It sure has been hard to find something to cheer for these days on this show. 

I love RH but even she couldn't sell whatever Liz was spouting about to Sam.  Jeesh writers, are you guys even human beings?

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

Unemployed Curtis' whole involvement in this Shanghai Express mess makes no sense. Sam and Jasus are rich, he's not.  How can he afford to work for free? While still looking fine as hell.

Maybe he's hoping for a finder's fee from someone? We know he wants this to be his ticket into the PCPD. (Why, Curtis? It's a hopelessly inept organization. Pursue Jordan some other way.)

50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't take take the hunchback stuff seriously. It was just offensively embarrassing

It really was. Couldn't Valentin have been the really quiet guy in the back row that no one looked twice at? Poor JPS.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm actually really interested in the story too and I thought JPS was fantastic in that particular scene, but I can't take take the hunchback stuff seriously. It was just offensively embarrassing and JPS couldn't sell it for me. But yea this is still the only story I am actually interested in.

I don't think anyone in the world could sell whatever this crap is but I'm loving JPS despite the garbage TIIC are making him spew. It's kind of a mess. The only thing I got from the entire episode is Valentin likes Shakespeare and might possibly be a flat earther (re: the Julius Caesar/ firmament quote).

Also, Lulu, way to comfort your daughter by destroying her whole world in one fell swoop. First she overhears her Father being accused of murdering the only Mother she ever knew then you tell her it's okay because she wasn't her real Mother anyway, you are. You just couldn't bite your tongue for a few more days? Instead of letting her get used to you and feel comfortable around you, you had to pull the last rug out from beneath her.

These writers suck and I don't know how these actors can get through the stupid they have to deal with every day. It must drive the actors crazy but a paycheck is a paycheck.

TFGH.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Good for Lulu.  She should have secured Charlotte from that psycho and his psycho wife the second that she found out that she was her mother.  It sure has been hard to find something to cheer for these days on whatever show this has become it is that appears on my idiot box between 2-3 pm.

She's not a piece of property to be secured and the main issue is now is how to become a part of her life without traumatizing her.  She didn't to that yesterday.  If Lulu wants any relationship with her daughter, she needs to act like a mother and put the kid's interests ahead of her own.

• Love 7

I think there's a fundamental disagreement about the best interest of the child here. I think Lulu  believes that spending another second with the man who murdered his nephew, and then moved himself and his psycho bride into that nephew's home isn't in the SORAS'd embryo's best interest - I tend to agree

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think there's a fundamental disagreement about the best interest of the child here. I think Lulu  believes that spending another second with the man who murdered his nephew, and then moved himself and his psycho bride into that nephew's home isn't in the SORAS'd embryo's best interest - I tend to agree

I agree 100%.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

Also, Lulu, way to comfort your daughter by destroying her whole world in one fell swoop. First she overhears her Father being accused of murdering the only Mother she ever knew then you tell her it's okay because she wasn't her real Mother anyway, you are. You just couldn't bite your tongue for a few more days? Instead of letting her get used to you and feel comfortable around you, you had to pull the last rug out from beneath her.

Lulu makes me so sick. I'm so glad JMB got out.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's possible to be disgusted with Lulu AND think Valentin is scummy. For me it's not about whether or not Valentin is a good person or fit to be a parent, it's about Lulu and how she's acting like a selfish baby rabies infested freak. If Lulu actually cared about her child she would put her needs above her own - which means not taking her away from the man she clearly adores and who has raised her her entire life so she can be handed over to some woman she doesn't know 

Lulu is supposed to be a decent person but instead she comes off as a bigger asshole than the whiny murderer she hates so much.

• Love 8

She's not a piece of property to be secured and the main issue is now is how to become a part of her life without traumatizing her.  

Yeah, sure Valentin and Nina (well at least Nina) have tons of money and probably would make conversation at a dinner party more entertaining.  But y'all don't think that it's not traumatic for a kid to be around Valentin and Nina, especially when the kid would be at the home of a cop and a wife that is exponentially more sane than Nina?   Even after that beating of Griffin?

Edited by sunnyface
just thinking about Sonny....
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

which means not taking her away from the man she clearly adores and who has raised her her entire life so she can be handed over to some woman she doesn't know 

The guy is a killer. 

Nevermind.

This is GH where killers, mobsters, psychos >>>>>>>> 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Yeah, sure Valentin and Nina (well at least Nina) have tons of money and probably would make conversation at a dinner party more entertaining.  But y'all don't think that it's not traumatic for a kid to be around Valentin and Nina, especially when the kid would be at the home of a cop and a wife that is exponentially more sane than Nina?   Even after that beating of Griffin?

Griffin got beat because he attacked Valentin.  And I don't see where Dante and Lulu's home is all honky dory.  If you watched Charlotte dancing with her father, she was having the time of her life.  She loves her father and to come in the try to rip her from his is not going to go well.  Neither is Valentin trying to keep them apart.  The child has to come first and that's not what's happening on my screen.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Maybe if Lulu hadn't been bug-eyed baby-rabies crazed for the last several years I'd feel for her, but, nope, she's been written abysmally and her latest just makes me want for Charlotte to go Bad Seed on her.

She's written badly here how? Because she wants the kid away from psychotic people?

I also find it disturbing that the writers think it's entertaining or funny or dramatic that Charlotte likes EVERYONE but Lulu. It's contrived.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She's written badly here how? Because she wants the kid away from psychotic people?

I also find it disturbing that the writers think it's entertaining or funny or dramatic that Charlotte likes EVERYONE but Lulu. It's contrived.

I said she's been written badly for the last several years, re her entire baby-rabies arc, and that has soured me on the character permanently.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The guy is a killer. 

Nevermind.

This is GH where killers, mobsters, psychos >>>>>>>> 

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lulu is written badly because all she cares about is herself and what she wants. She doesn't bother to take into consideration Charlotte's wants and needs Charlotte doesn't know Valentin is a murderer and even if she did she still might not care or fully understand. Nor does she care about Lulu and her rabies. Laura's advice to her was 100% correct but Lulu is too selfish and irrational to listen.

Why wouldn't Charlotte be scared of Lulu? She acts like a crazy person and treats her like a piece of property.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Charlotte doesn't know Valentin is a murderer and even if she did she still might not care or fully understand.

She's a kid. It's not her choice to not care or not understand if her father is a murderer. The key is her safety. I'm seeing Lulu concerned about Nina and Valentin and their history of being psycho. That's not selfish. That's being a mother.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Lulu actually cared about her child she would put her needs above her own - which means not taking her away from the man she clearly adores and who has raised her her entire life so she can be handed over to some woman she doesn't know 

Kids also adore eating a gallon of chocolate in one sitting, doesn't mean they should get it.

I could see though that Lulu would/might be acting like this even if Valentin were an A + swell guy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Lulu is written badly because all she cares about is herself and what she wants.

Lulu is badly written because this is a badly written show. Jelly combined aren't half as good as RC who turned out to be less balanced than Guza, so at this point cancellation would be an improvement. 3 major women characters on this show have been ruined or are going  to be ruined to prop JPS's Valentin (Helena retroactively, because she was afraid of this guy, Lulu and Anna, at the very same time) so I can't feel too sorry for the guy and what he has to act out because he is getting the more fawning writing, and I have a feeling he will last a lot longer than Valerie.

I really need more people, like Alexis, to either punch Ava in the face or remind her of that time she murdered Kate Howard when she goes in on them.  Better yet, have Sam find out that Ava ran over Jason and covered up another violent crime and do it, preferably while she is gloating about Alexis drinking.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

The subplot of this that bothers me the most is that Valentin and Nina are knowingly letting Lulu twist in the wind and leaving her in an uncomfortable spot. Lulu knows Charlotte is her daughter but up until this point Charlotte hasn't known Lulu was her bio mom because Valentin (and Nina, now) have chosen to keep that information from her. (To hurt Lulu, I suppose). So of course Lulu is going to come off intense trying to forge an instant bond with her child when Charlotte doesn't know anything about Lulu except "here is a lady my papa is letting me spend time with all of a sudden"

That isn't fair to Lulu. She didn't ask for Charlotte to be created the way she was and all she has is the DNA connection and title as Charlotte's mother. Currently, as of what we see on screen, Valentin and Nina are determined not to let her have a significant role in Charlotte's life.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lulu has been fairly psychotic herself in her baby rabies, though I grant you that she hasn't killed anyone over it. I don't have any problem with Lulu wanting Charlotte away from Valentin and Nina. I do have a problem with her being too stupid or selfish to grasp that Charlotte loves Valentin and being separated from him will be traumatic for her, no matter how necessary it may be for her safety. She seems much less interested in the kid's emotional well-being then she is in establishing herself as mommy.

Although, this show is totally confusing me here. Since when does being an unrepentant murderer mean a man has to lose his child(ren)? We are still in Port Charles, right?

• Love 12