Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Did we ever know why Nina has all the family money, but Nathan/Jay is a humble struggling cop? It's too bad that Nina didn't donate a wing of General Hospital  for a special children's ward so that she  could do good in the lives of many children, instead of coveting one child who belongs to someone else.

I know Nathan decided on being a cop. Madeline pissed off her husband (or something)and he tied the money up in a trust for Nina. The show suddenly decided that Lisel was actually Tree's mother. And they never really got into if/why James/Nathan wasn't on good terms with his father. Not 100% sure if the man knew that Madeline had adopted James as theirs or if he believed that James was actually his until he learned the truth and decided to cut Madeline and James out of his money.

• Love 1

Liez asks Dr. Terrorist if her rapist serial killer boyfriend will continue to do crazy things. Did she forget that he's a rapist serial killer who LOCKED A MAN IN A MOTHERFUCKING DOG CAGE A FEW DAYS AGO? Shut the fuck up.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Liez asks Dr. Terrorist if her rapist serial killer boyfriend will continue to do crazy things. Did she forget that he's a rapist serial killer who LOCKED A MAN IN A MOTHERFUCKING DOG CAGE A FEW DAYS AGO?

This fakakta show.

#FreeLiz

• Love 4

Andre is supposed to be a licensed, trained psychiatrist right? or at least psychologist? So why is he allowing Anna to dictate the terms of her hypnosis? He told her that she was clearly shaken and they shouldn't continue today. She whines and demands that he keep going until she uncovers the truth and he just obliges???

newsflash Valentin: you can't delete a person just by deleting their contact on your phone lol! That's not to say he hasn't already eliminated her, but I thought it was pretty funny when he deleted the contact and said that she won't be a problem anymore.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Liez asks Dr. Terrorist if her rapist serial killer boyfriend will continue to do crazy things. Did she forget that he's a rapist serial killer who LOCKED A MAN IN A MOTHERFUCKING DOG CAGE A FEW DAYS AGO? Shut the fuck up.

And Freako never manages to confess to Liez  the whole truth about his use of the sadistic shocking dog collar on another human being. It wasn't just the cage, although that was bad enough. He always makes the lie of omission when talking to Liez.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
add info
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And Freako never manages to confess to Liez  the whole truth about his use of the sadistic shocking dog collar on another human being. It wasn't just the cage, although that was bad enough. He always makes the lie of omission when talking to Liez.

And that is why for every way they try to make Franco sympathtic, it falls completely flat. Ron did a similar thing when Franco was "framed" for Carly being kidnapped. Poor poor Franco, everyone thinking he did it! He failed to tell anyone that Heather had broken out of prison, he stabbed her (even when she turned up "alive" at the crazy house), and somehow managed to claw her way out of the shallow grave he put her in (even as a killer, he has no talent). He might have been framed, but he was far from innocent. 

• Love 7

The writers are Barrying Sonnying up the order of events, even if it means gaslighting Alexis.

Even if Tom Baker escaped around the 21st. he was wandering around Port Charles meeting womenfolk stalking his next victim before Franco kidnapped him and put a dog shock collar on him invited him to his studio for three meals and music (like his admirer Dr. O. did for Robin).

Seth's outrage at Franco still walking around after his brother's death should rule out Seth. Should. But seeing how Show will toss out logic with plotlines because R/H/CB, he's still a viable candidate.

Oh, and I wanted to see Anna open the door and find Daryl Hannah in a nurse's outfit and a large syringe.

I still don't buy that Finn has Recently-Named Disease. Even after all this time.

11 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I thought that Nathan was supposed to be the son of Victor Cassidine but the show dropped that theory.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They waffled on that (of course) and never mentioned it again.

They may still address that with Valentin, but then again, Brad and Rosalie had a Big Secret that prevented them from getting married, and that was dropped. Heck, Rosalie and Brad had backstories that were shelved.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

The writers are Barrying Sonnying up the order of events, even if it means gaslighting Alexis.

Even if Tom Baker escaped around the 21st. he was wandering around Port Charles meeting womenfolk stalking his next victim before Franco kidnapped him and put a dog shock collar on him invited him to his studio for three meals and music (like his admirer Dr. O. did for Robin).

Seth's outrage at Franco still walking around after his brother's death should rule out Seth. Should. But seeing how Show will toss out logic with plotlines because R/H/CB, he's still a viable candidate.

Oh, and I wanted to see Anna open the door and find Daryl Hannah in a nurse's outfit and a large syringe.

I still don't buy that Finn has Recently-Named Disease. Even after all this time.

The only reason that Seth wouldn't be made the killer at this point is because the boards (especially this one) guessed him. I have a feeling it will be some as equally non sensical as Paul Hornsby. Hopefully, it will not come as big of a loss to the show as that twist. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Brad and Rosalie had a Big Secret that prevented them from getting married, and that was dropped.

Brad and Rosalie were married, and that's what prevented Brad from marrying Lucas. Wasn't the reason they were married some business/Asian mob thing? It was so dumb whatever it was.

The usual gang of idiots at Mad magazine are amateurs compared to the writers of GH.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brad and Rosalie were married, and that's what prevented Brad from marrying Lucas. Wasn't the reason they were married some business/Asian mob thing? It was so dumb whatever it was.

They never revealed the BIG SEKRIT that required Brad and Rosalie to marry.  I remember reading some interview with Ryan Carnes and Parry Shen and they didn't even know what it was supposed to be.  Oh Ron.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Anna is crying again. She needs to be slapped.

When I watch youtube clips of Anna from the past, I get mad at what they have done to her character. What they did to Anna is way worse than when they had Carly date and get engaged to Franco (her covering up AJ's murder because Sonny did it? Totally in character.) No fucking way she would have let Dr.O kidnaping Robin and faking her death go. Even if her ethics would have prevented her from directly murdering Dr.O, she would have done everything in her power to make sure that Dr.O not only lost her job and in a throughly humiliating manner, but her ass would have been on her way to prison, wherein Dr.O would have gone or would have been forced to flee. And unlike like that passive aggressive, sneaky bitch Carly, she would have make it very clear her complete distain for her and that she is working on bring her down, the cleverness coming from Anna being one or a few steps of Dr.O when Dr.O when attempt to circumvent justice, unlike Carly who will lie to someones face to lull them into a false sense of security, whether it is the father of her child that consider her his best friend for a while or the younger cousin who for what loves and even idolized her and even checked to see if Carly had forgiven her while she plotted to wreck her life,   nor the histornics they had Anna perform when Duke died. 

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

TOh, and I wanted to see Anna open the door and find Daryl Hannah in a nurse's outfit and a large syringe.

I was hoping it would be Duke and Valentin in a passionate embrace. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The usual gang of idiots at Mad magazine are amateurs compared to the writers of GH.

No. Brad didn't want his parents knowing he was gay.

17 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Anna is crying again. She needs to be slapped.

The whole time Anna was going through hypnosis she made the worst faces. I couldn't decide if she was constipated, holding in a massive fart, or so mad that the writers were making her go thru this that she contemplating massive crimes of insanity.  

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No. Brad didn't want his parents knowing he was gay.

That was what he originally said - that they were friends in college and she was his beard with his folks*.  But then he and Rosalie alluded to having gotten caught up in something illegal that required them to marry and stay married.  I assume it was also tied to Rosalie's BIG SEKRIT we never found out.

* And, of course, because this show is terrible, we have no idea whether his parents came around, what they think of his marriage to Lucas, whether they would be welcoming of grandchildren, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

* And, of course, because this show is terrible, we have no idea whether his parents came around, what they think of his marriage to Lucas, whether they would be welcoming of grandchildren, etc.

Hell we don't even know they're aware their son got married!

• Love 1

She was, and yes, it was a miracle they remembered to include her given Lucas and Brad's wedding was really a backdrop to put Carly, Sonny, Julian, and Alexis all in one room.  Blech.

You know, if you asked Jelly, I bet they wouldn't know why Lucas' last name is Jones. 

Or maybe now it's Jones-Cooper, or Cooper-Jones, one more thing we don't know.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

So one ride on Sonny's pepperoni and Carly's over Morgan's death?  ...kay.  And I've said this before, but it's crazy that, given it tangentially got their son killed, Carly hasn't demanded/Sonny hasn't offered to leave the mob.

Michael spends his day first looking for his mom and then bringing lunch to his dad.  Dude, get a life.

• Love 7

What the fuckery was THAT?

Jason and Curtis feeding the homeless. Sam wants to help, does nothing and then immediately leaves. Jason getting offended by a homeless guy slightly peeved he was late for a free meal and Jason actually takes steps towards the guy like he's going to throttle him. Then Curtis intimidates the homeless guy, as played by Patrick Swayze's brother.  NOBODY stops this? No church volunteer or staff member steps in and halt the clear intimidation and threatening manner of Curtis and Jason's actions as they force the guy into a chair and interrogate him? Jason and Curtis are what, HEROES or good guys?

Neither Sam, nor Jason nor Curtis actually give ANY fucks about the homeless and doing good. That much was obvious, but I'm not supposed to see that scene for what it is? I'm not supposed to see two guys intimidating and demanding answers from a HOMELESS MAN, one of society's most vulnerable individuals? Their actions are OKAY?

Fuck that. Fuck GH for thinking this is okay to put on screen. They already can't do serious issues, now they can't even include a serious issue as a BACKDROP without fucking it up.

And it's seriously, seriously fucked up when a nameless BARTENDER, gets more of a POV in the rape revisit storyline than ELIZABETH.

• Love 13

I enjoy Jason and Curtis and their Hardy boys act, mostly because I'm completely charmed by Curtis. Finding out that The Boss is a woman is obviously supposed to make us suspect Helena, but I'm doubting it's her. What would she want from Julian?

Can Ava have something to do other than pop up occasionally? What happened to her switching Morgan's pills for placebos? Did the writers just give up on that plot like they're Mariah Carey on New Year's Rockin' Eve?

Poor Alexis. She's an alcoholic, 90% of her scenes are with Julian, and now she's had to interact with Franco. Hasn't she suffered enough indignities? No way do I think she killed Tom, which means these flashbacks are pointless.

I could almost see a spark between Michael and Nelle if only Nelle wasn't such a terrible person.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So one ride on Sonny's pepperoni and Carly's over Morgan's death?  ...kay.  And I've said this before, but it's crazy that, given it tangentially got their son killed, Carly hasn't demanded/Sonny hasn't offered to leave the mob.

I would cry foul at that. At this point, Carly should be demanding that she get to call all the shots because obviously, Sonny is incompetent.

Hello, Sam's boobs. 

I was not as offended as Velle at the Jason/Curtis scenes, but I did wonder why the hell nobody was asking them why they were leaving the table. And they did look like total assholes. "I gotta take this phone call. I'm done feeding the homeless now, k bye." :wanders casually off:

Maybe Julian should tell Sam or Molly or anyone about Alexis' drinking and get them to do the tough love routine for her? Cause he is really not in the position to give it. And are the writers going to reveal Julian was brainwashed or drugged? I don't really care either way but nothing else is really going to cut it for why he held a knife to her throat.

I have hope after today that Michael and Nelle are indeed related and this won't actually be an attempt at a pairing. (because if it was? giving Michael the girl who needs to be taught how to have fun is definitely not the love interest for him.)

• Love 6

brainwashed or drugged? I don't really care either way but nothing else is really going to cut it for why he held a knife to her throat.

All the hand wringing he's doing about Sam's safety (he mentioned today, her, Danny and the baby) that I'm thinking the big bad told him to kill Alexis in order to save Sam and Danny from death.  He had to pick one and it was unfortunately Alexis.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would cry foul at that. At this point, Carly should be demanding that she get to call all the shots because obviously, Sonny is incompetent.

But THE VIOLENCE, remember how Carly hates THE VIOLENCE!

• Love 2

nothing else is really going to cut it for why he held a knife to her throat.

Hey, at least he didn't shoot her in the head while she was giving birth.  That's forgivable, apparently.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Hey, at least he didn't shoot her in the head while she was giving birth.  That's forgivable, apparently.

As much as I hate to say it, that was just shitty marksmanship. Although I'd be ticked off, rational or no, heh.

• Love 2

I lost what's left of my mind when Sam walked into a fucking homeless shelter and Jason was there feeding the homeless. And then Jason was all, "I think we should keep doing this," and Sam was all, "yes, honey" and I truly think my soul left my body. And then I thought of how @HeatLifer was reacting to it and I felt better.

Why did Jason keep referring to Morgan as a 'boy?' Morgan was like at least 21 years old. He was hardly a child. Fuck!

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Hello, Sam's boobs. 

Really though.

Michael is reaching Liz levels of pathetic. Like you are fucking 25 years old, bitch, why do you care if your parents are together?! I feel so bad for CD.

The bartender looks so familiar to me. I can't tell if he just looks like another actor or if he's been in something. It's driving me crazy and is all I think about during his scenes. Although that is probably a good thing since the scenes are terrible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The bartender looks so familiar to me. I can't tell if he just looks like another actor or if he's been in something. It's driving me crazy and is all I think about during his scenes. Although that is probably a good thing since the scenes are terrible.

I like gruff bartender for some reason. I don't know.

Michael is reaching Liz levels of pathetic. Like you are fucking 25 years old, bitch, why do you care if your parents are together?! I feel so bad for CD.

It's not even that, but it's like, would he really be so worried about them possibly getting back together? They ALWAYS get back together. And when they weren't together was a good time for his family (the whole CarJax era). So it's hard to believe he'd be like "wooooo mom and dad getting back together would be great." Maybe we can fanwank that he was just trying to make Nelle feel like she had done a good deed.

But same with Carly. Would she really be there sitting trying to define her and Sonny's official relationship status? Does she need to update her facebook profile or something?

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I lost what's left of my mind when Sam walked into a fucking homeless shelter and Jason was there feeding the homeless. And then Jason was all, "I think we should keep doing this," and Sam was all, "yes, honey" and I truly think my soul left my body. And then I thought of how @HeatLifer was reacting to it and I felt better.

It's pure fucking comedy. Someone write their boring saintly perfect asses off this show, pls.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's not even that, but it's like, would he really be so worried about them possibly getting back together? They ALWAYS get back together. And when they weren't together was a good time for his family (the whole CarJax era). So it's hard to believe he'd be like "wooooo mom and dad getting back together would be great." Maybe we can fanwank that he was just trying to make Nelle feel like she had done a good deed.

It's just everything. Every single fucking thing about Michael is just nonsensical and boring and stupid. 

Also, I like gruff bartender, too. He got me to actually watch a Franco scene!

5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's pure fucking comedy.

Once upon a time I watched GH as if it was comedy (I did this with OLTL at times, too) and it was truly enjoyable. But at this point everything is both boring and rage inducing so it keeps me from looking at it even in a comedic way. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like him better than Coleman. Coleman was a sleeze. Gruff bartender has integrity, damn it.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I thought that Nathan was supposed to be the son of Victor Cassidine but the show dropped that theory.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

These are just two potentially great storylines that were dropped.  I have lost count of all the storylines that have been dropped during the past few years.

LMAO!  What happened to the show NOT domesticating Jason Morgan by putting him with Elizabeth and her boys?!  Now we have Jason dishing up food at a shelter, about to have a second kid with Sam and wearing an apron!  SBu must be rolling his eyes at the destruction of his once popular character.

Die, Franco, just die!

• Love 2

The story of the Tree as Victor's son wasn't dropped. It was rebutted by a paternity test and later by Helena. I'm glad, I've seen more than enough of RP in front burner stories. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Pretty, pretty Nathan.  Do we really give AF his Daddy's name?!  I sure don't and hope RP is leaving the show on his terms.  

Alexis must be really drunk not to recognize Tom Baker.

Let the retcon begin as Jelly tries to undo their own story of Julian trying to kill his wife.  Where was the retcon of Nik trying to kill HateChel or Elizabeth lying about Jake Doe's real identity?

• Love 2

I was a little late noticing that Alison Sweeney (Sami, DOOL) is directing episodes of General Hospital now. I looked it up when I saw the credit on Tuesday's (?) show, and it was not just a name coincidence, and not her first time. Well, good for her. I imagine long experience as a soap actor is helpful in making that transition.  

Today's show was the pits. Boy, that Sam is some detective. Way to extract information from a person over whom you know you have emotional leverage -- be curt and bitchy from the start. Can this really be the former host of Everyday Heroes?  <snerk> 

Also, I feel as though I hear every third day about the misery TJ is experiencing because he holds himself responsible for Morgan's death, but have we actually seen TJ being miserable? I am in and out of the show and skipping around too much to swear to it, but I honestly don't remember seeing the kid since the actual Morgan death episode. It's been just Curtis conjuring this phantom for us.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like him better than Coleman. Coleman was a sleeze. Gruff bartender has integrity, damn it.

Aw, I liked Coleman. He was out for himself and made no bones about it. I hated that they involved him the stupid Levi story, but I thought his relationship with OG Kate Howard had promise. So of course it was played for laughs.

Gruff bartender has my unending respect for telling Franco to shove it (paraphrasing).

have we actually seen TJ being miserable?

Only when he first learned Morgan was dead. I don't think it was mentioned at Christmas, which was the last time we saw TJ.

Sonny's "guilt" over thinking he slept with Nelle is giving me a rage blackout, so I'll say no more. And his coyness with Michael about Carly was dumb.

I love how everyone carries around wads of cash they can use to pay off gruff bartenders. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Also, I feel as though I hear every third day about the misery TJ is experiencing because he holds himself responsible for Morgan's death, but have we actually seen TJ being miserable? I am in and out of the show and skipping around too much to swear to it, but I honestly don't remember seeing the kid since the actual Morgan death episode. It's been just Curtis conjuring this phantom for us.  

I haven't seen any scenes of TJ since then, but, seriously, TJ, don't feel bad.  If it hadn't been that night, Morgan eventually would have died trying to make toast while he showered or via a tragic shoe-tying accident.  

• Love 14

Isn't it great how many people are invested in Carly and Sonny boinking?  Michael is practically giving Sonny the "thumbs up", when he should be reaching for the brain bleach.  And Nelly is excited because now she really gets to break them up.

In other news, Michael chalks up another dead girlfriend to it being "a bad year".

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

But same with Carly. Would she really be there sitting trying to define her and Sonny's official relationship status? Does she need to update her facebook profile or something?

This. I think their status is probably stuck at "It's complicated".

• Love 2