Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was like a month ago. See how everything runs together on this show?

Oh geez, really? 

20 minutes ago, Vella said:

Molly's been the one the most offended and angered by his [Julian's] presence in her and her mother's life and what he's done to Alexis. 

Not to mention what he did to her father Ric (who?).

• Love 4

The Franco/Dr. O scenes are so tone deaf.

As IF an angry and drunk Sonny wouldn't have slept with Nelle. Drugging him was so unnecessary.

I actually liked the Hayden/Liz hug. I'm on board for them slowly bonding. Finn and Franco can both be sidelined. Some love in the afternoon is welcome, even if it's just forced sisterly love.

Alexis needs a new hair style. I don't understand why she hasn't changed it up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

As IF an angry and drunk Sonny wouldn't have slept with Nelle. Drugging him was so unnecessary.

Ah, see, but this way, she didn't have to actually have sex with Sonny.  

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

wasn't the same idea - a man being drugged and led to believe he had sex - played as comedy for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig during the summer?

Kind of. Rebecca Budig was trying to get him to donate to Finn's foundation (or whatever), and he said he would if she slept with him. She drugged him and didn't stick around long enough for the guy to wake up. 

2 hours ago, Vella said:

Why do I get the impression that Molly will ultimately be the one to kill Julian? He's obviously going to blackmail Alexis into taking care of him. Molly's been the one the most offended and angered by his presence in her and her mother's life and what he's done to Alexis.  She'll kill him but Alexis will gladly take the fall for it. Actually, I wouldn't mind that story.

I would be super down for this tbh. I actually normally can barely stand Molly, but still. Her current look is literally the best thing this show has going for it right now so I wouldn't mind seeing her more often. Like seriously her hair/makeup/shirt made me watch the otherwise horrible Alexis scenes today because they looked so good!

1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

Alexis needs a new hair style. I don't understand why she hasn't changed it up.

My mom came into the room at one point and I told her to look at Molly's awesome haircut right when they panned back over to Alexis and she was like 'Her hair is horrible!' lol.

I tried to watch the Sonny/Nelle scenes because I'm still vaguely curious about Nelle's agenda, but CL was so bad with her crying that I couldn't do it. I mean I guess Nelle was supposed to be fake crying, but it was just too horrible for me to watch.

I liked the Hayden/Liz scene even though it looked like Liz's lips were bleeding, which I couldn't stop focusing on.

I didn't like the Bobbie/Carly scenes simply because I hate when LW plays Carly all sweet and smiley. It sends shudders down my spine.

I fast forwarded everything else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't like the Bobbie/Carly scenes simply because I hate when LW plays Carly all sweet and smiley. It sends shudders down my spine.

Word.

I also couldn't help thinking that the child of Bobbie's who would more likely do something like that is Lucas (who?).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would be super down for this tbh. I actually normally can barely stand Molly, but still. Her current look is literally the best thing this show has going for it right now so I wouldn't mind seeing her more often. Like seriously her hair/makeup/shirt made me watch the otherwise horrible Alexis scenes today because they looked so good!

This. I have an appointment with my colorist Friday, and I'm awfully tempted to bring in a screenshot of Molly to show her exactly how I want my highlights and lowlights to look.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

This. I have an appointment with my colorist Friday, and I'm awfully tempted to bring in a screenshot of Molly to show her exactly how I want my highlights and lowlights to look.  

During today's ep I was seriously considering going and getting her exact cut and color!

• Love 2

The one redeeming moment of this episode was Hayden crying in Liz's arms and then recoiling in horror.

Actually, this made me hate Hayden even more than I already did and wanted Liz to punch her in the throat.  "Oh you are being nice to me, let me snot all over your clean uniform, wait, you're not a hot guy, you have cooties, get lost".  Bitch please.  

• Love 1

"The more details you give me, the faster I can solve this case." Oh, Jordan, it's adorable you think that.

If Nelle were really ashamed of sleeping with Sonny, why did she stay in Sonny's bed? Why didn't she sleep in the guest room? Go back to her place? So stupid.

"I'm just in a bad mood. I hear that's not uncommon when you've been run over by a car." "That's understandable. I felt the same way when I was hospitalized a few months ago." Liz, how about when you were run over by a car?

I wish they'd stop writing Sonny being under house arrest like he's in solitary confinement. He might not be able to go anywhere, buy everyone can come to him.

Rebecca Budig must be wearing very high heels if she's towering over tiny Rebecca Herbst.

• Love 4

Oh, if only Nelle was anything like Carly or Bobbie.

Molly's top is also A+ in addition to her hair.

Tom makes me think of Lucky and that makes me wonder whose hair would be greasier, his or Franco's?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Vella said:

... Julian? He's obviously going to blackmail Alexis into taking care of him. 

I agree.  The woman he tried to kill will be blackmailed into taking care of him.

This show...

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Kind of. Rebecca Budig was trying to get him to donate to Finn's foundation (or whatever), and he said he would if she slept with him. She drugged him and didn't stick around long enough for the guy to wake up. 

And we're not supposed to care that there might have been side effects because he offered to trade sex for what Hayden wanted - way to go Dr. Silas McFinn

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

The woman he tried to kill will be blackmailed into taking care of him.

I can't feel too sorry for Alexis here. Fiction or not, I have no patience for drunk drivers.

It's okay to hate every aspect of the story; I do. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't feel too sorry for Alexis here. Fiction or not, I have no patience for drunk drivers.

All I could think of after she ran over Julian is that she got back behind the wheel and drove off drunk!

• Love 6

What happened to Julian's "OMG I'm dying, bring me my kids so I can say goodbye"?  The next day's writer forgot about it?

Can't wait for Alexis to be humiliated some more as she is blackmailed to wait on Julian during his convalescence.  Ick. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, if only Nelle was anything like Carly or Bobbie.

Tom makes me think of Lucky and that makes me wonder whose hair would be greasier, his or Franco's?

Definitely Franco's.  His doesn't even look washed today. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm not gonna click on that, ulkis. I won't let you hurt me.

Even with the bad hair I still enjoyed the picture. I just need Lucky to swoop in and look pained at Franco. 

• Love 4

Freako saying Tom hasn't reformed is just....like....it should be illegal for Jelly to write anything that could be seen by the public. Think of the children!

STFU Nelly. CL and her fake crying was terrible. 

Jelly should've kept Nelly away from Carly and Bobbie until after her *plan* started to get going. The fact that they've ripped off Carly's intro story and neither she nor Bobbie are realizing what she's up to is stupid. 

Alexis should've run over Julian repeatedly until he was dead so he couldn't rat her out. Or at least called one of the mobsters or mob-affiliated people in her life to come get him.

The Hayden/Liez scene wasn't terrible. I didn't want Liez to be stabbed, so that's an improvement. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Even with the bad hair I still enjoyed the picture. I just need Lucky to swoop in and look pained at Franco. 

Look pained, please, I need him to kill Franco stone dead. Then he can check Liz into Shadybrooke because obviously her brain is broken. He should check himself in as well to be cured of THE DARKNESS once and for all. And get a haircut and shave. ;)

• Love 6

Why was it necessary for him to be roofied and mislead about sex? It's so gross that this show consistently has storylines centered around sex crimes.

It's a pretty well-worn soap trope, and not a favorite of mine. Well before Ric and Carly back in the day, DOOL did it in the mid-1990s with Sami and Austin. That time, the drugged guy actually did "perform," thinking Sami was his girlfriend, Carrie. The reveal got dragged out for a year.  

I feel all of you on the anger that GH doesn't play the beats as if honest-to-goodness sex crimes have been committed, because it was the same way back then. Even once the drugging was exposed, the worst she got from her family was "Oh, Sami, you and your schemes. What are we going to do with you?" It was treated like any old teen-villainness behavior. And Sami was herself a rape survivor! I will never get over that, that they put this gross plot in motion without the payoff of her being forced to hear she had sunk to the level of the guy who did the worst thing she'd ever lived through. (For a GH equivalent, imagine Liz doing it to Jason with something out of the hospital medicine cabinet. Please, GH writers, if you're reading -- that is not an idea to steal.)

Soap writers suck, often, is the moral here.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Or at least called one of the mobsters or mob-affiliated people in her life to come get him.

Or Diane.  You know that woman knows how to dispose of a body and never have it be found.  

• Love 9

You know, for writers that had so much to say during the election, their writing on this show is completely tone deaf. Times have changed regarding sexual assault - as they should - but they're still writing stories like it's the 90s, early aughts. Same thing with the mob bullshit, who hears about that anymore? And that is what's gonna help kill this whole genre dead, not being able to move stories into the 21st century. They're all stuck in the past, showrunners and writers alike. And they wonder why they can't get a foothold on the 18-49 year olds.....

• Love 7

In comparison to the other stuff going on,  I am enjoying the tracy/finn/hayden scenes.  Forget about this show's ratings, let's make a split-off.  The hospital/Q will bear the horrible characters of Franco and Nina and the rest of y'all can deal with Sonny.

It was really great seeing Bobby (save her face) again at the hospital.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

And we're not supposed to care that there might have been side effects because he offered to trade sex for what Hayden wanted - way to go Dr. Silas McFinn

Finn didn't know about the deal until he burst into the hotel room. I don't know what he could have done once the guy was drugged. I think it's safe to assume someone like Hayden knew what she was doing as far as dosage.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

What happened to Julian's "OMG I'm dying, bring me my kids so I can say goodbye"?  The next day's writer forgot about it?

Nah, he was just being a drama queen.

8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Freako saying Tom hasn't reformed is just....like....it should be illegal for Jelly to write anything that could be seen by the public. Think of the children!

Seriously. And lampshading it by having Franco say he knows from being reformed doesn't make it any better. Gah.

2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Times have changed regarding sexual assault - as they should - but they're still writing stories like it's the 90s, early aughts.

I'd go back farther than that. Rape is not a plot point, but they're still using it as one. And for a show that became a cultural phenomenon because of a rape, that's wronger than wrong.

33 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I am enjoying the tracy/finn/hayden scenes.

Same here, but I wish Tracy weren't relegated to being their cheerleader/pimp. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Finn didn't know about the deal until he burst into the hotel room. I don't know what he could have done once the guy was drugged. I think it's safe to assume someone like Hayden knew what she was doing as far as dosage.

The whole thing was bizarre.  In the show's eyes, it was okay for Rebecca Budig to drug him and take his money because he was a creep?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'm just in a bad mood. I hear that's not uncommon when you've been run over by a car." "That's understandable. I felt the same way when I was hospitalized a few months ago." Liz, how about when you were run over by a car?

This reminded me that I found Liz so annoying in those scenes with Julian. Like I'm sorry but bitch you are dating a rapist serial killer so you need to stop judging people.

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Right! I need someone to tell me where that's from because I want it. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a similar top when I'm shopping this weekend.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Franco's is still worse, but it's pretty close.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

(For a GH equivalent, imagine Liz doing it to Jason with something out of the hospital medicine cabinet.)

Well I mean she got pretty close when she was fucking Jason while he was in the dark about who he really was but she knew.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

There IS nothing wrong with Elizabeth Imogene Webber.  The problem lies with FV / Varni and their insistent need for GH vets to prop pets and gets to the point where they trashed Elizabeth and Nicholas.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I need someone to tell me where that's from because I want it. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a similar top when I'm shopping this weekend.

It'll probably pop up on that soap fashion blog.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:24 AM, movingtargetgal said:

Tracy doing research on what normal families do on Thanksgiving was a riot.  When she asked if anyone wanted to play a board game I lost it because that activity always leads to fights in my family.  The day goes smoothly in my family until someone says "What's that supposed to mean?" and then all hell breaks loose.  

I love Jax.  Besides the Quartermaines, he seems to be the only Port Charles resident who is a 100% Sonny non-apologist.

This is exactly why I don't watch the sonny show. Everyone loves Sonny. next julian will have a big party for him. As for Alexis. Time someone ran her over on purpose !As usual I see I missed NOTHING.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Ah yes, true enough. I'm probably just annoyed that he is actually a victim now.

he is never a victim. This is payback for drugging Karen and actually having sex with her, Plus  Soiley, stealing Michael ,killing AJ.  The line could go on forever.etc ,etc ,etc. If I watched. I could actually root for Nelle and Julkian but we know Sonny always wins. so I will just come here and see whats what.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Linny said:

I hate this show for putting me in the uncomfortable position of making me feel sorry for Sonny. Like, why couldn't they just have him fuck things up on his own? Why was it necessary for him to be roofied and mislead about sex? It's so gross that this show consistently has storylines centered around sex crimes. 

Also gross: Franco, laughing about people being afraid of him. Fuck off.

The one redeeming moment of this episode was Hayden crying in Liz's arms and then recoiling in horror. I'm so glad they haven't made them instantly bond just because they're sisters.

I can't care at all when it comes to Sonny. I hate everything about the whole fake-out roofie thing and if it was anyone other than Sonny I would care, but the character and the actor both make me sick. Aside from the violence, to me they are one and the same, entitled fake-smiling jerks who always seem to get their way. Of course I know nothing about MB except for whatever is out there on the interwebs but he seems to have a little too much control over things, in a Tony Geary kinda way. YMMV, and I used to actually like Sonny many many wives ago, but Sonny and MB have bled into one person to me and I can't separate them anymore. Same with NLG, who was my favorite character once upon a time.

IMO actors need to back away from Twitter and stop thinking their opinions on everything are more valid than anyone who doesn't agree with them. /rant over

I did love the Hayden/Elizabeth moment too, it seemed realistic and I love the way you described it, I would have hated it if they became insta-sisters loving each other unconditionally.

As for the Sonny/Nelle non-hookup, I have no idea what her deal is yet (and I'm sure the writers don't either) but I want her to destroy Sonny and Carly forever. I wish Jax could have stayed, somehow he makes Carly more tolerable to me.

Also, hands up if you think Nelle is going to fake a pregnancy or sleep with Michael because of the inevitable DNA test. I'm not sure if she knows Michael is not Sonny's biological father and even if she does, the writers seemed to have forgotten. Or, reasons, Helena, commercial break explanation.

Please writers, nothing against the little nuggets but no more babies!!!

(Bolded part by me)

• Love 3

The eff - Tom now works at GH?  Liz's rape aside, didn't this dude terrorize Emily?  We're to believe Monica allowed this hire to happen?  These writers are the worst.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 21
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The eff - Tom now works at GH?  Liz's rape aside, didn't this dude terrorize Emily?  We're to believe Monica allowed this hire to happen?  These writers are the worst.

Seriously? As what? The guy was a photographer, did he get a medical degree in the slammer?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Seriously? As what? The guy was a photographer, did he get a medical degree in the slammer?

Knowing this show, they'll probably have him installing security cameras in the hospital, and then there will be much joking about whether he put some in the locker room and shower.  Because, you know, it's funny to joke about a rapist committing a sex crime.  

• Love 12

Heaven help me, I actually like Nina and Valentin. She seems so much more normal and calm with him. They have a nice chemistry together.

Maybe Kiki leaving the Metro Court means we'll see that set 2% less than we do now. I hate how dark and ugly that place is. I'm wondering where Kiki will land next.

Let me check to see if Nathan/Maxie/Griffin have gotten more interesting since we last saw them. Checking, checking...NOPE.  

So when will Nelle unleash her recording of Sonny? I'm putting my money on her releasing it in front of a group of people, perhaps a NYE party. This show loves to ruin a party with someone's shocking confession.

• Love 7

I played a new game today: I call it "Guess MB's acting tics." When Sonny was on the screen, I wouldn't look, I'd just listen to him talk and then guess what he was doing . . . gritting his teeth, putting his hand on his face, etc.; then I'd check. I got it right almost every time, which kind of proves to me that Sonny has now become a caricature of himself. Tomorrow, I plan on having a shot every time I get it right. 

• Love 16