Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm actually frustrated Julian's getting off. I do think he's evil, but not even in a fun way, just a really blase way, which is why people equating Julian with the devil amuses me, but that's the only reason why.

He makes mean faces at Sonny! How much proof do you need?

• Love 7

The more I think about it the more I think that Nathan is such a goner. He and his fiancee are planning a wedding. His ex asks for his help and protection from some deadly thug with a child being involved no less. You know Nathan is going to help her especially after he was so loving and dedicated to helping Maxie on Georgie's behalf. Nathan dies helping Claudette and Maxie has a fit blasting Claudette for coming back into Nathan's life and ruining everything.

• Love 2

Knew it. Secret kid. No immediate statement of who's the daddy. These writers are terrible at their job. No secret calls or quick trips to mysterious off screen places? Jebus. How hard would it be for that? 

Gee. What a shock, Julian was found not guilty.

Fuck off Carly. Like a promise from Sonny means anything. The asshat has "loved" Michael more than he ever has loved you and look at what he did with his promise to Michael? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So now we have Claudette's spawn, Nina's baby rabies, Lulu's embryo madness, and a custody fight for Teddy on deck.  Way too much of the same type of story.

And you forgot Sam's pregnancy!

It's really weird that the only two stories these writers seem to be able to do are "babies" or "this person just callously murdered! How will they get out of it?" Surely they can manage some sort of in-between. I guess there's Morgan and his bi-polar and the kinda triangle with Dillon and Kiki.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So now we have Claudette's spawn, Nina's baby rabies, Lulu's embryo madness, and a custody fight for Teddy on deck.  Way too much of the same type of story.

It's truly crazy. What is this obsession with babies and children? What am I missing? I've never seen a soap, or any show for that matter, focus on this one thing for several characters at the SAME time.

• Love 4

This show is mind-numbingly bad. And one thing Passanante (and Altman) have consistently been since JP's days at AMC and then ATWT is boring as fuck.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I don't know what they're doing with all these kids that are popping left and right, the two crazies who absolutely want babies...

Claudette's kid would probably turn out to be Griffin's so that they can wax poetics about how Duke who loved Emma so much will never have the chance to meet his granddaughter. 

GH and the endless parade of hypocrites, STFU Olivia. Did they bring her in so that she can yell at Alexis and then at Julian? Where was Sam? 

Paul sitting there talking to Dillon were probably the best scenes. RB is too good for this pile of steaming poo.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

This show is mind-numbingly bad. And one thing Passanante (and Altman) have consistently been since JP's days at AMC and then ATWT is boring as fuck.

It really is. Every single story is a disaster.

When Olivia was listing why Julian was such a bad person, I was thinking, Yeah, and you slept with that. So dial back the self-righteousness with Alexis. At least Olivia was nice to her during the verdict and afterward.

Not that the verdict was any sort of surprise, but shouldn't it have been a Friday cliffhanger?

"May my father find peace in your presence." Oh, Griffin, not to worry. Duke is happily sleeping in someone's shoe.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:
4 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Olivia, your righteous indignation over Julian getting off would ring a whole lot less hollow if you weren't one of the biggest Sonny apologists in town.

Olivia stood there and watched Sonny gun down a rival Russian mobster.  Was she outraged.  Did she run to the police or her son the policeman.  No, she helped Sonny the GOOD MOBSTER cover up the murder.  Shut up Olivia!  You do not have the moral highground.

I forgot to mention that she also witnessed and covered up for Sonny when he shot their son, Dante, in the chest at point blank range.  Of course it was "her fault for not telling Sonny he was Dante's father" TM. Sonny Corrinthos.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Linny said:

The judge taking forever to read the verdict

She was trying to delay it so Sam could get back from wherever she apparently disappeared to.  Because her being there for the entire trial (ALL 1 day of it) and then suddenly NOT there for the actual part that matters makes a whole lot of fucking sense.

• Love 6

B&B just SORASed Brooke and Ridge's son to a teenager who hates his mother's fiance - which is the story GH should be doing with Cam and the sad murderhobo that his mother is dating

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

B&B just SORASed Brooke and Ridge's son to a teenager who hates his mother's fiance - which is the story GH should be doing with Cam and the sad murder hobo that his mother is dating

Obnoxious whiny teen is the last thing GH needs especially when they write the adults like teens

• Love 3

Soaps are supposed to generational. There's a huge gap between the late thirties/forties/fifties actors FV is hiring and the dozens of unnecessary baby stories - that gap should be filled by a non-Kiki twenties/teen group

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

Maurice Bernard is the worst actor....ever! I don't understand all the praise his co-stars give him. The scene between him and Laura Wright was brutal. He was stumbling, muttering, stammering & basically forgetting his lines. He is soooooo bad. Rant over.

Ryan Paevey did well today with Bree Williamson but can he not act with his arms crossed? Is it his choice or a directors choice? Either way, it.drives.me.up.a.wall. Thank god he's perfect looking and he doesn't totally annoy me. LOL!!!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

All these babies, and I marathoned a week and didn't see a single person get laid.  How are they getting pregnant?  Stavros's frozen sperm? 

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It really is. Every single story is a disaster.

When Olivia was listing why Julian was such a bad person, I was thinking, Yeah, and you slept with that. So dial back the self-righteousness with Alexis. At least Olivia was nice to her during the verdict and afterward.

Not that the verdict was any sort of surprise, but shouldn't it have been a Friday cliffhanger?

"May my father find peace in your presence." Oh, Griffin, not to worry. Duke is happily sleeping in someone's shoe.

I just cleaned up Duke's business off the floor.  (Named my roommate's kitten Duke after Duke Lavery.  He does have justice.)

• Love 4

Wow so they're given fucking Claud a fucking baby and fucking Tree is probably the fucking father. I hope all three of them are murdered.

I'm extremely disappointed Carly didn't throw another crate of guns into the water. That's the only thing that might have made her acting like this over fucking Sabrina acceptable to me.

Fuck Paul for not killing Ava. What a worthless serial killer he is.

I wish Ryan Murphy would take over. At least when his shows go off the rails it can be entertaining. This show is just pathetic.

• Love 4

Under Ron, Olivia fucked Julian despite his being not only part of the tight-knit crime family who had her beloved cousin killed, but the direct motive for her death who actively condoned it. Under Passanante and Altman, she began doting on Julian as a potential mate, buying him holiday sweaters and catering to him to unite them and their child as a family.

None of that shit makes any goddamn sense. But Alexis is still pretty pathetic too - I'd never give her a pass vs. Olivia.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I forgot to mention that she also witnessed and covered up for Sonny when he shot their son, Dante, in the chest at point blank range.  Of course it was "her fault for not telling Sonny he was Dante's father" TM. Sonny Corrinthos.  

I will never forget when SHE screamed "I'm sorry" while holding her son's bullet-laced chest. 

• Love 3
On 9/16/2016 at 11:11 AM, Bishop said:

Nah, CD is very comfortable in love scenes.  Just go watch any of the Michael/Abby scenes.  Keep in mind that CD has only been paired with about three actresses, which is insane frankly, and he seems to let the actress take the lead, imo, which is polite.  Andrea didn't hold back and their scenes were great.  I think TeCa (and even Becky, Kelly, etc) hold back in their scenes, and that's fine.  I didn't think CD and TeCa had tremendous chemistry, and before that, Michael was stuck with Kiki or Starr for about two years.  He needs a new love story, but I did love CD and Andrea.  

I loved Michael and Rosalie's little sex romp. It was hot and so was CD when he showed NO sympathy for Kiki when she walked in on them.

• Love 6

Clod's getting a kid, whoop de flipping do.  Another worthless, uninteresting, screen hogging newbie gets the storyline.  What happened to BW being recurring and short term?  

Yet, another mobster gets off without even a slap on the wrist.  I'm shocked I tell you, shocked. 

Why did they put blood red lipstick with white pancake makeup on Ava?  She looked like a vampire right after lunch.

This show just keeps getting worse, if that's possible.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I hope that the dangerous prison thug turns out to be either Steven Lars or Dr. Matt.

That would be about the speed of GH- fear the doctors who murdered for I guess, good reasons and cuddle mobsters and serial killers.  Nice job, female writing staff.

Unfortunately, I can see that. Revenge against Monica and the hospital, plus, retconned to trace Claudette for R/H/CB.

I'm calling that Claudette's kid is Fr. Thornbirds. Oh, nice, Sonny. Your #Justice4DEwq has turned a priest into BatshitcrazyMan.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why did the judge say 'human being' after announcing each count against Duke, Carlos and Alexis? And why wasn't Duke properly referred to as a cat? :)

True that was very odd, doesn't murder mean killing a human being by itself? Are there trials in New York for killing cats?  Something odd about that, maybe just a writer.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Why did the judge say 'human being' after announcing each count against Duke, Carlos and Alexis? And why wasn't Duke properly referred to as a cat? :)

I just figured it was "official" legal terminology, much like the phrase "a single woman" that I encountered in the paperwork when I bought a house. 

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Soaps are supposed to generational. There's a huge gap between the late thirties/forties/fifties actors FV is hiring and the dozens of unnecessary baby stories - that gap should be filled by a non-Kiki twenties/teen group

What are teens gonna add that 20s group doesn't already fill? 

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Why did the judge say 'human being' after announcing each count against Duke, Carlos and Alexis?

Because someone checked the first draft and found out it was incorrect terminology to use "The bestest person EVAH! Justice!" "The FREAK! who murdered the bestest person EVAH! Justice!" and "Mother of one of Sonny's children".

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rur said:
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I just figured it was "official" legal terminology, much like the phrase "a single woman" that I encountered in the paperwork when I bought a house. 

It is legalese. I'm always amused at what RL stuff they choose to follow and what they ignore. It never makes sense, of course.

ETA: I wonder if "a single man" is in paperwork when men buy houses. I'm flashing back to the Sex in the City episode where Miranda bought her apartment.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Let's just give Teddy to Lulu and Claudette's brat to Nina and that easily wraps up 4 shitty stories.

Lulu already has a biological kid. now she feels the need to give birth herself. Which apparently also needs to be her own dna spawn. No kid deserves to be tormented, er, "mothered" by Nina.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, In2You said:

What are teens gonna add that 20s group doesn't already fill? 

Continuity, for one thing. I'm not anxious to see what these idiots would do with a teen group but that sense of continuity is an important part of soaps. It also provides story for their parents. If TIIC aren't going to bother sending the Webber boys to Lucky for the summer then the non-Jake children should be realistically integrated into this story in a way that provides a different POV. 

Plus, the 20s group is: worthless ass Kiki, the Corinthos brothers and Alexis's largely offscreen younger daughters. So, at minimum, a teen group could provide non-Corinthos kids and stories unrelated to the Jerome/Corinthos cluster*ck

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maurice Bernard is the worst actor....ever! I don't understand all the praise his co-stars give him. The scene between him and Laura Wright was brutal. He was stumbling, muttering, stammering & basically forgetting his lines. He is soooooo bad. Rant over.

They did the same for Tony Geary. Political reasons. Must suck up to the ones who hold sway over head writer, Disney men in suits, whatever. Meanwhile HW pets can flub lines or improvise, phone it in, insist on long disruptive vacay time, or wear their hair in a frizzy Q-tip style.

• Love 1

Sonny is the absolute worst at insults.  First, "I'll be dead before Carly's a widow" and now "I'll see you in hell" which means he's going there too.  Oy vey.

Could the dangerous criminal be Raymond Berlin?  

• Love 3

Dante, Lulu, and Morgan showing up to support Michael was a nice family touch this show so often forgets.  I'm guessing Kiki wasn't allowed to accompany her boyfriend because then we might remember she spent a year boning his brother.  I do wish we could see Dillon comforting his cousin too.  Hell, he could have instigated Morgan spazzing just as easily as CarrrrrrrJoe.

Mikey declining to use Teddy as a pawn and handing him over to CarrrrrrrJoe without a fight was also a nice surprise.  It was a very not-Carly/Sonny thing to do, me likey!

The show needs to stop with these off-screen plot drivers like Dr. Michael Easton's stupid dead wife and Claudette's shady ex.

Why is everyone allowing Franco to dictate Liz's medical care?  He's not her spouse, he's barely even her boyfriend!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

So Claudette has a Jason of her own. Please don't drag him onto the canvas. Why didn't she dump the child with it's police officer father after it was born?

Snap out of it Epiphany. How dare you let Franco infantilize Liz like this. I hate Franco with Liz. This relationship is disgusting. I would far rather they killed Liz off than pair her with discount Fabio. At least then I could stop watching this trainwreck.

Thankfully, Michael is letting Teddy go. Teddy and Dr. Joe will not be missed.

Closing the hospital on a show called General Hospital. Awesome. I am never going to hear the end of it from my fiance now. His favorite running joke is "are you watching that hospital show that's never in a hospital".

I was pleasantly surprised the Teddy custody thing was dropped so fast. Good for Michael. 

I was waiting the whole epsidoe for Dante to knock Morgan the fuck out already. 

Freako making decisions fro Liez is so annoying. They are barely dating. And why does she put up with it. 

• Love 9

I expect HeatLifer is seeing red over:

A) Maxie's line about Sabrina being good for Patrick and Emma while Robin was away.

(Me: "No, Maxie, Robin wasn't just gone, she was held prisoner!")

B) Epiphany sobbing, and then praying and crying, over the loss of Sabrina, when we never saw her cry over Robin's "death" after how many years of being close colleagues?! I just remember her being sad and tense while giving encouragement to Patrick not long after the lab explosion.

Franco kissing Liz as she's crying over Sabrina was only a little less gross than Michael kissing Sabrina's corpse. UGH. Back OFF, Dude. I did like Liz grieving while touching her grandfather's portrait - alone. Bittersweet moment.

Morgan truly is Sonny, Jr. in every way.  I assume this was the beginning of the exit story. The writing and this dude's acting today managed to make me feel sorry for both Michael and Dante - didn't think that was possible. I didn't like Joe's "you people" line - uh, Morgan is not a Quartermaine. Good to see Michael decide to rise above the ugliness of Carly and Sonny's past, to love Sabrina's baby selflessly. The Tracy-Michael interaction was lovely.

I think I could ship Tracy and Finn. Go away, Hayden. I don't feel sorry for you. At all. Same for Nathan's manipulative ex. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hell, he could have instigated Morgan spazzing just as easily as CarrrrrrrJoe.

Morgan walked into the Q mansion with a chip on his shoulder, though. I honestly thought he was going to try to hit Dante and/or Dante would have to restrain him before Joe even showed up.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Closing the hospital on a show called General Hospital. Awesome. I am never going to hear the end of it from my fiance now. His favorite running joke is "are you watching that hospital show that's never in a hospital".

At least they didn't burn down the hospital like they did a few years ago.  The Powers That Be decided they wanted to build a new hospital set so they had The Hospital is on Fire sweeps event.  The new nurses station had those stupid stairs going up to the mystery floor, where patients, visitors and staffers can lean on the railings to eavesdrop.  Within the first year of the staircases appearance the writers did put it to "good use"  when not one but TWO pregnant women (Carly and Claudia) fell down the stairs while they were fighting.     

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I did like Liz grieving while touching her grandfather's portrait - alone. Bittersweet moment.

And she was alone, right?  I don't think the show snuck Franco into that shot, thank gawd.

• Love 2

So Nathan's the daddy? NOT! I hope Nathan has the sense to get a paternity test ordered. Claudette can't steer clear of Griffin (she's calling him up again in the next episode) despite her telling Nathan that they were careful. If Nathan buys that.....................................................................

• Love 3