Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I like to think that, if anything should happen to Sabrina, that it would set up a mildly interesting feud between Tracey and Michael.

But it won't be a feud, it'll be Michael screaming that Tracy, like all Quartermaines, is evil for supporting Sabrina's wanting to work if she wants and crying to Sonny, MOBSTER AND MURDERER, about all the violence in the world.

• Love 7
On September 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM, stlbf said:

Meh, have it turn out that Reese was a terrible mother to her, and Reese's job obsession made Nelle secondary. Or she can be the secret child given up for adoption after the big accident.  She found out about the Carly/ Caroline relationship and what Carly did after the accident and she wants to even things up. 

As for Kelly's,  I thought that Shawn's secret chili was also a big hit. But, perhaps the recipe is with him in the slammer. Why isn't Kelly's housing TJ and Molly? Dillon I can understand, can stay at the Qs mansion or perhaps Ned's  gatehouse or even the lakeside cabin/cabana that Morgan stayed in, I think. Where is Val at now? Where does Andre live? Hell, where does Lucy, Kevin and Scott live?

I think Lucy lives at the metro court also.

17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm telling you, of all the stupid shit they've done I still think having Sonny murder AJ/Carly cover it up and then having Michael only care for like 5 minutes was the biggest mistake.

IA I don't if it was a network descions or what but Michael was more interesting then.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam should be horrified about Jason being anywhere near Franco and should also want Liz and Jason to have minimal contact except when it's relevant to Jake. And, no, not because of jealousy, but because of what Liz did to her family.

Yes. Or how about the show stop trying to make Jason have a reaction to Liz's dating life. The night of his freaking wedding, they pull this shit out. 

Karma is a bitch.  Elizabeth had to suck it up and allow Sam around both of her boys while she was with Lucky and only a couple of people know what went down in 2007.   Elizabeth and Jason's history goes back long before Sam came to town or before they created Jake.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Look at his cute ass smile in the first cap, omg. 

Really?  This IS the same Jake Doe that fell hard for Elizabeth Webber and the one that Sam had zero interest in until she learned his real identity.  JaSam are soul mates, my ass!  BM is being directed to act more like he did for the first 18 months that he was on the show while he WAS paired with Elizabeth/BH.  I think the show knows JaSam 3.0 is a complete and utter failure and now their trying to copy what RC wrote for Elizabeth and Jake Doe.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

She can want Liz to not...die...but she should also struggle with hating her. That's a human reaction.

I don't get why she's not venting about it to her mother and sister, at the very least. It's her wedding night, FFS.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why she's not venting about it to her mother and sister, at the very least. It's her wedding night, FFS.

They write Sam like every episode is the series finale and everything is rainbows and butterflies. 

There's even a way to write her where she can tell Jason to go to Liz, but that it's still hard for her because of what she did. Jason should also get to express feelings about Liz, too. It's a soap. We may all have different opinions on these characters, but at the end of the day, if the characters are not reacting and expressing opinions on anything, what's the point?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

if the characters are not reacting and expressing opinions on anything, what's the point?

That would require the writers to put effort into their writing, instead of just moving from plot point to plot point. 

• Love 9

Wow, this was one tremendously badly written episode.  From the huge leaps of logic and insight, based on nothing, taking place in the brain trust that is Jordan, Nathan and Andre, to Morgan's "You're still a loser, but I'm sorry I called you one" pseudo-apology to Kiki, to Franco's totally lame "You're sisters!" reveal, and everything in between.  These writers suck.

• Love 6

So Morgan wanted to go back to school, but instead of accepting that he was registering too late, had no transcripts and would probably have to try again for next semester, Morgan instead whines to his parents, who in turn strong arm the school into doing what their special snowflake wants. Now Morgan complains because he registered two weeks later, he's super behind and has to catch up. He brags about not wanting to cheat, without a hint of irony about what Mommy and Daddy JUST DID for him.  Now he's playing solitaire instead of buckling down and doing schoolwork.

Tell me, is that not EXACTLY the kind of person Morgan is? On/Off meds, he's still a whiny moron, content to run to his parents and get them to do his bidding for him. If this show is trying to suggest that Morgan is acting this way because he's off his meds, then they're doing it wrong. And the fact that S&C don't hesitate in indulging said moronic child? Shows again how much S&C are a huge part of Morgan's issues. Which the show will probably ignore.

Today was a classic Morgan day. Morgan being stupid, Morgan bragging about the wrong things, Morgan not getting the obvious, Morgan whining, Morgan being a douche to Kiki and Morgan cheering himself for winning a game of online solitaire.  This is not Morgan off meds.

• Love 16

Yeah, again, another lame-ass reveal.  Franco wandering into the room at the end of a Tuesday episode and announcing that Liz and Rebecca Budig are sisters was such a snooze.

And everything about Morgan's suddenly being back in college (didn't he apply in, like, last Thursday's episode) and already so far behind he has to consider buying a term paper is beyond stupid.

AND can Franco PLEASE take a fuckin' day off!  There he is again in the previews for tomorrow!

• Love 11

This whole thing with Paul makes no sense at all. Why would he go after GH when it had nothing to do with Susan or her rape, Monica had nothing to do with that either. Or are all hospitals and chiefs of staff interchangeable?

Yeah, Elizabeth is a self-righteous twit. Franco's announcement sounded like Franco was reading off the McDonald's menu. A big mac? Meh, I had that yesterday. Could he have sounded any bored?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

This whole thing with Paul makes no sense at all. Why would he go after GH when it had nothing to do with Susan or her rape, Monica had nothing to do with that either. Or are all hospitals and chiefs of staff interchangeable?

I'm sure there will be some retcon to explain why the hospital is to blame for Susan's rape. It's all so stupid.

This show isn't even fun to hate watch. It's just boring or rage inducing.

• Love 6

Her rapist was probably a day player doctor back then, but Paul blames GH for not having adequate security. Or some GH doctor didn't treat her promptly/properly/at all. So he's held a grudge against GH all this time and only now is acting on it, when anyone remotely connected is gone. (Monica gets threatened because as a heart surgeon who was at GH at the time [and one of the few doctors who's never dabbled in other specialties], she didn't help Susan.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Jasam are nothing like Jake Doe and Liz. Sam is not lying to him and keeping him from his wife or kid. 

As far as karma being a bitch, Liz did not have to suck up shit. She was happy to let Lusam watch those kids while she had secret fucks with Jason. Hell Sam even apologized for her shit. Sam has yet to hear a single sorry from Liz for the Jake Doe mess.

One last thing, Sam and Jason can't have a real reaction to anything that happened to them cause they are trying to sell Friz as the greatest love story ever told. I would be fine with this if they let Jasam never cross these people ever again.

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sure there will be some retcon to explain why the hospital is to blame for Susan's rape. It's all so stupid.

This show isn't even fun to hate watch. It's just boring or rage inducing.

They've already justified Sloane's death with Susan's rape. I don't even remember if he was arrested or anything like that. 

If he was arrested and went to trial, maybe those 3 people were on the jury and let him walk. Maybe Dr. Mayes fucked up the rape kit. So that's probably where the massive rewrite could happen. But Bobby, Lucas and now Monica? 

At this point, I'm just looking forward to reading the news that says GH has been cancelled. Where this soap was, and where it now. It's really sad.

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Her rapist was probably a day player doctor back then, but Paul blames GH for not having adequate security. 

They already said Sloane was her rapist--and not in Port Charles, at that.  But I think every plot point should have "subject to change" placed after it considering all the b.s. that the writers have been floating the last year.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam and her groom spent the pre-wedding night and the wedding morning in bed together having lots of sex, so "meh"-- no need to vent for postponing hopping into bed the moment that the last note of the Wedding March faded....

• Love 1

Sabrina's overwhelming desire to be back at her career is so hypocritical. Michael offered her a chance to stay home and enjoy her baby but she rejected it. Remembering how she grieved little lost Gabriel, her first baby, I am surprised that she did not accept Michel's offer. But of course Sabrina knows that if she hangs around the hospital, she may encounter Dr. Joe, with romantic sparks ensuing. Her career rabies really indicates that she is looking for love.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what's hypocritical about it - has she been disapproving of working mothers, ever? - but, as with most things involving Sabrina, I don't care.

Tell me, is this the lamest serial killer story in the history of soaps? Or just top five?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Michael offered her a chance to stay home and enjoy her baby but she rejected it.

Sabrina doesn't need an offer from Michael to enjoy her own baby.

Morgan: "I read. I do." 

Lauren: "Since when?"

Me: *snicker* I loved her look of skepticism when Morgan announced he was now at PCU.

--Ten minutes later--

Morgan: "I'm not some unmedicated nut job now."

Me: "No, you're a medicated nut job. The only thing that's changed is the drugs."

I missed that Sloan raped Susan. Or maybe I just blocked it out.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm not sure what's hypocritical about it - has she been disapproving of working mothers, ever? - but, as with most things involving Sabrina, I don't care.

Tell me, is this the lamest serial killer story in the history of soaps? Or just top five?

Lamest serial killer story is the one a couple of years ago where someone was killing Michael's girlfriend's off-screen stripper friends on screen. At least these dayplayers were seen on the screen a couple of days.

39 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Seriously.....how many days in a row is it now that Franco has been on?  And he is on again tomorrow?

Please make it stop.  PLEASE. 

RoHo better be off all winter. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

Seriously.....how many days in a row is it now that Franco has been on?  And he is on again tomorrow?

Please make it stop.  PLEASE. 

I went back and tallied.  Franco/Roger Howarth has been in every episode since Friday 8/26.  Excluding the Labor Day repeat and including tomorrow, that's 13 episodes in a row.  He also appeared in two other episodes the week ending 8/26 so that's 15/17.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I went back and tallied.  Franco/Roger Howarth has been in every episode since Friday 8/26.  Excluding the Labor Day repeat and including tomorrow, that's 13 episodes in a row.  He also appeared in two other episodes the week ending 8/26 so that's 15/17.

That's just...I don't get it.  I really don't.   Nobody should be in that much, and yes I am including my faves.  It's overkill.   Maybe back in the day before there were 800 cast members it could go unnoticed, but not so much today when so much shit is being put on the back burner and stories are rushed and disjointed because of it. 

I am sticking to my theory that they are intentionally trying to tank this show ala Julian with Crimson.

• Love 7

I loathe that Elizabeth is being used to prop NotTodd!Franco. Him as her advocate is just gross and absurd (among other reasons...hello baby Aiden kidnapping story). The one character I could see being an appropriate advocate for her at this point is Dr. Kevin Collins: he has a long history at that hospital and in the city of Port Charles (including relationships with both Elizabeth's grandparents and the Spencer Family), has known Elizabeth for some years (at least via Lucy and Nurse's Ball), and in theory due to his current relationship with Laura, could be invested in her as a person because she is the mother of three of Laura's grandsons. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm shocked—paging Claude Raines!—that this story hasn't been foremost in your mind.

I'm liking your post just for the mention of Claude Raines. He and Thelma Ritter are my two all-time favorite scene stealing actors.

• Love 1

Sabreeena has been back at work all of three minutes, yet she can run off to the PCPD to deliver diamonds.  And it's ridiculous to have "millions" of dollars of diamonds thrown together in a pouch.  Diamonds can scratch other diamonds, so they should be treated better than Swarovski from Michael's. 

When Hayden showed up at Liz's bedside, I wonder who stabbed Hayden.  Her top looked like a huge bloodstain. 

• Love 5

A big reason that I am so bored by this show is that the same people are in so many stories or claim so much screen time. Dr Finn, Rebecca Budig, Paul, Jordan, and Freako; JaSam and Sonny/Carly. The Davis girls and Alexis. Once in while we get a fresh breeze from the staleness: Monica, Tracy, Michael, Laura, Sabrina, Morgan, Ava. Maxie, Griffin, and Nathan are just shadows passing through. Liz, Heather, Kiki and Nina can stay quiet for now, and won't be missed.

Today's edition sounds like the death knell for General Hospital. The board is considering closing it. Dr Hardy would be crushed.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

If any of you know any tv producers please put in a good word for RoHo so he can get a job somewhere else.

Kiki and Morgan are getting too much screen time.

Hayden is still mourning Nik? Since when? Why?

Even in a hospital bed Liez is insufferable. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

For the same reason Kiki wasn't killed off when KA left - incompetence and trash writers.

THEY RECAST KIKI!!!!!!!!!! KIKI!!!!!!

*I apologize for my delayed reaction to this event. I've never seen such an irrelevant character recast in my 200 years of soap watching. 

• Love 10

*I apologize for my delayed reaction to this event. I've never seen such an irrelevant character recast in my 200 years of soap watching. 

I think there's at least ten or fifteen people in this cast you could say that same sentence about.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Why are they still a thing? Is this the supercouple we never asked for?

Once when they were drugging Michael me and like one other person said why aren't these two hornballs having sex. But I didn't mean "please pretend they had a real marriage and adult relationship."

• Love 8