Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Vella said:

And of course Sonny still parrots that Sabrina cheated on Michael. And of course Michael doesn't correct him.

I...kinda think what she actually did was worse than cheating and it makes absolutely no sense that they've just been pushed back together

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, by all means, Hayden. Stop for coffee and a chat while you're fleeing town. 

Go. Away. Rebecca Budig character

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't with Franco. I just can't with him, his hovering, his general creepiness.

Do the writers not see it?

• Love 1

Wow, LW's acting choice to have Carly constantly laughing out loud after every other word is driving me crazy. Cringeworthy.  It bothers me more than Franco.

I guess Nelle is Carly's long lost daughter but how does that scenario play out?  She gave her up for adoption?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't with Franco. I just can't with him, his hovering, his general creepiness.

None of TPTB seem to see it. The thing is, even if we didn't know his history and if we only knew Franco from when he arrived at GH as the new art therapist, he'd still be super creepy and also just plain obnoxious. He interrupts, he finishes everyone else's sentences, he makes inappropriate jokes, he has no boundaries, he's a stalker, and he smells like dirty hair. That last one I can tell just by looking. The idea that this guy is some great romantic lead is incorrect.

Liz is so, so awful. I can understand why she would think that Hayden pushed her down the stairs, especially with that idiot Franco egging her on, but her wide-eyed innocence that this is just all so shocking is repulsive. "I knew Hayden hated me, but I never thought she'd try to kill me." Seriously? Liz kept quiet about Nik trying to kill Hayden, she's made it her main goal in life to send Hayden to prison and she's constantly showing up at Hayden's home to tell her so, she opened a box that belonged to Nik's next-of-kin who happens to be ... Hayden, and she was on her way to turn Hayden into the feds. Why wouldn't Hayden want to kill her? Not to mention that it wasn't Hayden. And I kind of doubt it was Paul, since he could have just injected her with the syringe he was carrying around. When more than one person wants you dead, you are doing something wrong.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think part of the problem is the show, and soaps in general these days, not being allowed to concede the bigger stories to the next generation.  For example, Michael should be driving story, not Sonny and Carly.

I think that's definitely part of it. They need to start focusing more on the 20s/30s group. 

I also think if the show wants to stick with certain "staple" characters and/or pairings (Carly/Sonny, Jason/Sam, Dante/Lulu), they need to at least attempt to make it interesting and new, go places with them they haven't gone before.

• Love 4

I loved everything about the JaSam scenes today, except the stupid plot point phone call. 

"Starving. Hungry.  Grrrrr"  Kelly is adorable.

"I don't know if anybody told you but I am marrying your mom tomorrow"

But I did have to laugh that Sam was surprised at what Jason ordered.   Where else do they order from?  

I am also surprised that I really really liked the Fayden kiss. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I...kinda think what she actually did was worse than cheating and it makes absolutely no sense that they've just been pushed back together

Go. Away. Rebecca Budig character

No, because these writers have written for all the Friends of Frank actors before.  JP and SA wrote for Roger, Michael & Bree on OLTL.  Passante wrote for RBudig on AMC, she wrote for Maura on ATWT's.  They love these actors because they know them all well.  It's beyond absurd.

3 hours ago, backhometome said:

Who brings a baby to a bar?

If the bar serves food, then almost everyone in Florida. There were so many kids in a local bar, so late in the evening, that several of us regulars began to joke about the pre-teen pool tournament not starting until after 9 p.m. 

The problem with the baby in the bar on the show is that it's never been depicted on the show as a family friendly bar. It looks like a dive bar, despite the infrequent attempts over the years to make it into something else. If you've got the local don meeting his goons there, it's a dive bar. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

None of TPTB seem to see it. The thing is, even if we didn't know his history and if we only knew Franco from when he arrived at GH as the new art therapist, he'd still be super creepy and also just plain obnoxious. He interrupts, he finishes everyone else's sentences, he makes inappropriate jokes, he has no boundaries, he's a stalker, and he smells like dirty hair. That last one I can tell just by looking. The idea that this guy is some great romantic lead is incorrect.

Liz is so, so awful. I can understand why she would think that Hayden pushed her down the stairs, especially with that idiot Franco egging her on, but her wide-eyed innocence that this is just all so shocking is repulsive. "I knew Hayden hated me, but I never thought she'd try to kill me." Seriously? Liz kept quiet about Nik trying to kill Hayden, she's made it her main goal in life to send Hayden to prison and she's constantly showing up at Hayden's home to tell her so, she opened a box that belonged to Nik's next-of-kin who happens to be ... Hayden, 

Absolutely, re: Franco.  I think the shock is because she thinks of Hayden hating her more or less like Carly hated her - an irritation in life, but not dangerous. (As far as she knows, Hayden's background includes conning and blackmail, but not murder).  I'm not sure if what Hayden is saying about Elizabeth being an accessory after the fact is valid. Some months after Hayden had been shot, Nikolas acknowledged he was responsible - but Liz doesn't know details, didn't hide the gun, help pay off the shooter, etc.  She didn't record her private conversation with Nikolas. Even if Liz wanted to help Hayden, she had zero proof to give the police. 

Isn't Spencer, Nik's son, next-of-kin? Nikolas knew Hayden maybe a year? Spencer, Laura, Lulu or possibly Liz are far more entitled to deal with Cassadine belongings.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Outstanding synopsis of Freako. Furthermore, I've thought for a long time that the writers and the actor collude to troll us viewers and taunt us.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Absolutely, re: Franco.  I think the shock is because she thinks of Hayden hating her more or less like Carly hated her - an irritation in life, but not dangerous. (As far as she knows, Hayden's background includes conning and blackmail, but not murder).  I'm not sure if what Hayden is saying about Elizabeth being an accessory after the fact is valid. Some months after Hayden had been shot, Nikolas acknowledged he was responsible - but Liz doesn't know details, didn't hide the gun, help pay off the shooter, etc.  She didn't record her private conversation with Nikolas. Even if Liz wanted to help Hayden, she had zero proof to give the police. 

Isn't Spencer, Nik's son, next-of-kin? Nikolas knew Hayden maybe a year? Spencer, Laura, Lulu or possibly Liz are far more entitled to deal with Cassadine belongings.

All the animosity between the two is driven by Liz, though. Hayden DGAF about Liz until Liz made it her mission to destroy Hayden. Hayden doesn't want to kill Liz, but if she did, it would be completely understandable, and Liz created that situation, so she can just stop with the, "how could this be?" nonsense.

Hayden is the next of kin because she's the spouse. The order is spouse, children, parents, siblings. Liz isn't related so she has no legal rights at all.

I do agree that Liz isn't an accessory after the fact, nor is Laura. They're probably guilty of obstruction of justice, but that's usually not a big deal and it's not as if Hayden can prove it anyway.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Liz kept quiet about Nik trying to kill Hayden

Not a fan of Liz, but Hayden's also kept quiet about Nik trying to kill her.  She never went to the keystone cops, but instead continued to play house with Nik.  She was more than happy to live at Wyndemere and share Nik's bed.  

• Love 4
Just now, fishcakes said:

I do agree that Liz isn't an accessory after the fact, nor is Laura. They're probably guilty of obstruction of justice, but that's usually not a big deal and it's not as if Hayden can prove it anyway.

Hayden could have pressed charges against Nik if she wanted, but she didn't because it gave her something to hold over him. With Nik presumed dead, she's lost that advantage. Liz should call her bluff. The show keeps giving us these lame snipe fights. Well, let's get something that has higher stakes.

• Love 5

He didn't want to pay her the $5M that he agreed to in the pre-nup (also, he probably didn't have it) and Hayden wouldn't agree to a divorce without it. Although if he'd given her back the diamonds, she probably would have left without any further fight.

16 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It was stupid

God, yes.

• Love 5

Thoughts on today:

- Jackie Zeman looks the best she's looked in years.  She either stopped messing with her face and it's settled, or she found a doctor who fixed it.  And her body is still slamming. 

- Did Sonny and Carly get a package deal at the Metro Court for spray tans with 'extra orange' settings?  They were both rocking that not good look today. 

- This Nelle thing--whatever it may be--is moving at a bad pace and it's leaving me uninterested.  By now we should know she's running a con.

- They should never have Jason/Sam and Michael/Sabrina on all on the same episode as it's an insomnia cure.  I don't know which couple is duller.

- Hayden and Finn work together.  It's the most interesting either of them has been.

• Love 8

Oh Buddig.  If you're going to go Star Wars then you don't misquote Yoda.  No -ing ending, sweetie.

Yeah, that was my take away from today's sterling episode.

And the next time Carly does that laugh could someone throat punch her?  Please?

• Love 8

Recycling is great  -- for plastics, aluminum cans, but seriously do we have to put up with abandoned-secret-daughter-comes-to-town-to-stick-it-to-her-mother again?  I'm sure it's better than whatever they've cooked up for Sabrrrina and notCarlos, but still. 

Bannana, I think someone mentioned upthread about teenCarly having a relationship with her friend's dad, mentioned in one of Carly's "poor me" stories.  A possibility. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Jolly!Jason still weirds me right the fuck out but Jason/Sam were still pretty adorable today

I gotta be real. I just see Billy and Kelly being cute as hell, lol. It just doesn't feel anything like Jason/Sam, but I never expected that anyway and I'm not saying it in a negative way. I've never seen Kelly so comfortable and just...herself....with a love interest. And her voice changes with him. It's so funny.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, lizzbert said:

I finally started watching live again because of Laura/Kevin and Nelle. Geez, the actress who plays Nelle looks so much like Tamara Braun to me! That can't be an accident!

Another "Carlys passing in the night" missed opportunity. I always think Valerie looks so much like SB's Carly, particularly when she smiles. 

58 minutes ago, amaranta said:

And the next time Carly does that laugh could someone throat punch her?  Please?

At least during the stair scene with Sonny, it had the virtue of cutting off his lines a couple of times. I bet LW heard about THAT when they cut. 

• Love 1

I just want someone to slide a razor blade across Freako's throat until his head full of dirty hair has been completely severed from his gentle farmer body. 

STFU, Liez, you make me so fucking sick. You're always trying to play the "awe shucks I don't understand why she hates me" card. 

Michael/Sabrina/Joe 2.0....zzzzzzzzzz.

I liked Bobbie and Carly but Nelly continues to be zzzzzzz.

Since Jason and Sam will be getting married tomorrow in PC time hopefully that means Liez won't be well enough to hop out of bed and show up at the wedding. 

I like that a previous altercation and Liez's word is all that's needed to have Hayden arrested. 

• Love 8

To this day I still can't get behind LW's portrayal of Carly. Maybe it's because I was a viewer when SJB originated the role. SJB's version had me hating yet rooting for Carly.  Now Carly has become more boring than Valerie.  And I, too, noticed LW's crazy, inappropriate laughing. Makes me miss Vanessa Marcil.<wink>

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, rags said:

To this day I still can't get behind LW's portrayal of Carly. Maybe it's because I was a viewer when SJB originated the role. SJB's version had me hating yet rooting for Carly.  Now Carly has become more boring than Valerie.  And I, too, noticed LW's crazy, inappropriate laughing. Makes me miss Vanessa Marcil.<wink>

I agree with all of this... except I never *rooted* for SJB's Carly. I couldn't. Her version was too manipulative and selfish and devious.

"Bye, cookie!" LMAO. These random cookie lines they're writing for Jason give me LIFE.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, rags said:

To this day I still can't get behind LW's portrayal of Carly. Maybe it's because I was a viewer when SJB originated the role. SJB's version had me hating yet rooting for Carly

I guess the rooting was not the right word. More love to hate is a better phrase.

I have to say I always wondered what the last Carly/Robin scene would have been like if it was SJB and KMc. I hated the way LW acted in that scene.  She was just more smug than "grateful". Also, it didn't help that the crap writers actually had Robin apologizing to Carly that she never gave her any credit. Oy.

Edited by rags
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, rags said:

I guess the rooting was not the right word. More love to hate is a better phrase.

I have to say I always wondered what the last Carly/Robin scene would have been like if it was SJB and KMc. I hated the way LW acted in that scene.  She was just more smug than "grateful". Also, it didn't help that the crap writers actually had Robin apologizing to Carly that she never gave her any credit. Oy.

Answering in the History thread.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I like that a previous altercation and Liez's word is all that's needed to have Hayden arrested. 

That's standard PCPD procedure. 

"Valerie Bloomberg, you are under arrest!"

"What for? Having my father's diamonds? Attempted murder?"

"Slapping Nurse Webber in view of a day player. You'll hang for this!"

I say Epiphamy is the one who pushed Liz down the stairs out of jealousy. Oh, and Reasons Helena and Commercial Break.

Chloe Lanier is too good for this show, and they better lay off the anvil. She has the best "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck" look with her "Gee, your mom is the new nanny. That's..... great."

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lizzbert said:

I finally started watching live again because of Laura/Kevin and Nelle. Geez, the actress who plays Nelle looks so much like Tamara Braun to me! That can't be an accident!

Nelle.jpg

TamaraBraun.jpg

Can I get a Tamara/Chloe show instead? With Ted King as the father. Because I would totally watch that.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Actually a nurse (don't know her name) gave a witness statement to Jordan, indicating that Hayden had slapped as well as threatened Elizabeth. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Actually a nurse (don't know her name) gave a witness statement to Jordan, indicating that Hayden had slapped as well as threatened Elizabeth. 

That still shouldn't be enough to arrest her for attempted murder. 

• Love 3

And didn't Dr. Michael Easton give her an alibi for the time Liz got pushed?

By the way, ten bucks right now says, as soon as they get together, the show will just bring in Rebecca Budig's ex-husband or Dr. Michael Easton's supposedly dead wife.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

No comments about Jason's fortune cookie telling him to get a damn job?

You guys are slipping.  I am disappointed. 

I thought his damn job was beating up bad guys and defeating the overrated villians.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Boundaries aren't something Franco worries about in any aspect of his life.

Which is why hospitals usually hire people with degrees and without murder records. With Dr.Os standards, Johnny should have been the music therapist. He couldn't even get a job as an orderly. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Isn't that the first time evah that Sam has announced hunger and the need to put some meat on her bones?

So Carly was jonesing to have Avery in  Corinthos custody and take care of the baby so that Real Mother Ava would be deprived. Then as Avery gets inconvenient, Carly starts pawning the childcare off on the Corinthos bodyguards...when Nelle appears in town, SHE is nominated to babysit, and now grandma Bobbie is volunteering to babysit. Couldn't Ava make a case that Carly is losing interest in the baby and neglecting her by providing an endless change of nanny/babysitters? Or has Ava lost interest too and is using Carly as a convenient drop-off?

Seems that it is taking a village to raise Avery.

A village of shitty people..... should have left her with Michael and Sabrina.

• Love 3

With all it's troubles, I have to give props to the folks who did a slow build for Hayden and Finn- they didn't make out/hop into bed in the first five minutes.  Since production took their time, it was satisfying to see them kiss.  Slow Builds were part of what made the soaps successful in the late 80s early 90s.  

I wonder if there are laws about exactly quoting Yoda without paying some kind of fee.  I know that they can't say "Lamaze Classes" because of it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

I didn't watch :)

22 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

I wonder if there are laws about exactly quoting Yoda without paying some kind of fee.  I know that they can't say "Lamaze Classes" because of it.

I don't think so in this case, since GH and now Yoda are both owned by Disney.

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I thought he did...stuff at ELQ?

That too. I thought he was helping Michael do . . . whatever he does there. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mybabyaidan said:

I was too busy laughing at "Bye, cookie!" I swear, they let Billy play this character however he wants.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I was too busy laughing at "Bye, cookie!" I swear, they let Billy play this character however he wants.

They really should have just made him a new character.  There is nothing "Jason" about him.  The most like Jason he's been was when he was under Helena's mind control.  At least that was relatively Borg-y.  But no?  I have no idea who the hell this guy is.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

They really should have just made him a new character.  There is nothing "Jason" about him.  The most like Jason he's been was when he was under Helena's mind control.  At least that was relatively Borg-y.  But no?  I have no idea who the hell this guy is.  

And it's like, I don't care that he's different. I really don't bc I'm not invested in this character. But at least have characters acknowledge that he has a completely different personality.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And it's like, I don't care that he's different. I really don't bc I'm not invested in this character. But at least have characters acknowledge that he has a completely different personality.

They're too busy talking about how happy they are that he's "back."  Even though he's not really--other than when he gets a killing urge.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And then do something with that completely different personality. He's not Jason, but he's also not not Jason.

Gawd, it's like you want them to write a soap opera or something

• Love 8