Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I read that TC said at a fan event he'd be back in September. Now, SOD says per his Twitter that, "Slow down every1 I said I THINK Sept. will b my return 2 #GH. Nothing official yet. Thanks for all the love 2day though. #Muchappreciated.”. I'm not sure if he was hoping to start taping by then or airing by then?! The whole writing off Nicholas was weird. They temp replace him with Nick Stabile and then write out the temp replacment but don't bring back the real Nicholas.  

But I'm referring to slowly putting a couple together

We're talking about the same thing. But obviously shipping is a part of it bc I'm also referring to what happens once a couple is together. I may be doing a bad job of explaining myself, though, lol. I think some fans over the years have gotten impatient in a sense and just want things here and now. They want the milestones (first meeting, first kiss, first time, ILY, proposal, etc) without the wait before the couple is together and after. That's why these things happen in bunches in a span of a few months these days and not YEARS like they used to. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

GH has become a show of ships because every storyline they do either starts up horrible or ends up in a horrible way. Majority of the time it is a combination of the two. Take for example the Island storyline, Jasam/Lante/Ava didn't need to be there. It should have been about Laura, Nik, Helena, and Valentine but nooo they had to included all these other people.

Lante had to be there because

I'm pretty sure they're leading to a reveal that Lulu has a child.

(edited)

I assume that's

the embryo? Or was she impregnated while frozen (between JMB leaving and ER starting) and had the baby without knowing?

My reaction either way is: Ugh.

NO MORE BABIES.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I gave Guilt up after ep 2 because I was bored, but you have me wondering if I should give it another chance.

Go for it. I think that it has really picked up after the initial intro episodes. Sex has occurred for many on the show! We have had some backstories on Natalie, even the Prosecutor, the hot detective, Grace, Molly and her brother. Unlike the trainwreck of TFGH, it has been entertaining for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was way behind this week, and I finished off four episodes in under an hour this morning. It was surprisingly easy. Any time I saw the island group or Kevin Collins with his wound or the trusty GH "plane set," or Julian, I fast-forwarded. I found myself stopping to watch when I saw Replacement Maxie and Claudette, interestingly enough. I like both of them. Nathan when fully clothed nullified them, though. I watched Liz and Franco (looks as though Becky also is getting some post-new-contract better wardrobe; the dress was killer). I also watched some of Kristina and Aaron, and some of Kristina/Sonny/Alexis. MB actually did pretty well in his part.    

I wanted to watch Curtis because it was Curtis, but those scenes with Valerie [edit: I mean Jordan] were the kind where you get the point very quickly and they keeping making it, and it's another story all about the kid who is barely on and his father figures who are never on. TJ...Shawn...Tommy...drug problems prior to the introduction of the characters...used to be cops together...blah blah blah. How about actually showing a story involving these characters, instead of having them endlessly litigate their actions in the ones the show doesn't have to dramatize? I'm thinking if these current writers were around in 1996 to bring Carly Benson on, instead of having her sleep with her mother's current husband, they'd have a bunch of scenes of Carly and Bobbie in the park or the coffee shop talking about Durant and Carly's adoptive parents.  

Mind you, I'm not saying anything I watched was especially good. That's just what I watched.  

Edited by Asp Burger
(edited)

I read recently that:  "GH has become a soap of ships."  I'm inclined to agree. 

I would be inclined to agree if the Corinthos family was to be removed from this soap.  Then again, Sonny's whiny brats are in relationship dramas.  There's nothing wrong with a soap opera focusing on relationships.  But when you focus on relationships, there is nothing wrong with focusing on the happy ones - like Felicia and Mac - instead of Carly and Sonny.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I think that Sonny took over the role of TJ's father figure; I am sure that he will be pissed when he finds out that Curtis has taken the position.

I think Sonny has forgotten about TJ by now.

What I didn't quite understand in the Curtis/Jordan conversation was why Curtis was being a jerk about being in TJ's life again. I get the issues with Jordan, but why extend those to TJ? That part of the conversation was so clumsy. And, given that TJ isn't a child, Jordan has no standing to forbid him from seeing whomever he wants. If he wants to see Curtis, she needs to suck it up.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I read recently that:  "GH has become a soap of ships."  I'm inclined to agree.

But don't 'ships imply love? Romance? Swoonworthy moments? 'Cause this show hasn't had any of that for a good few years now, since FV/RC grabbed hold. For all of his mob shit, at least Guza and his team could do actual romance when so inclined.

And, no, I don't count Liz, a rape victim, getting cozy with a would-be rapist/serial killer. GROSS.

So if this a soap of ships, it's a Ship of Fools.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

But don't 'ships imply love? Romance? Swoonworthy moments? 'Cause this show hasn't had any of that for a good few years now, since FV/RC grabbed hold. For all of his mob shit, at least Guza and his team could do actual romance when so inclined.

And, no, I don't count Liz, a rape victim, getting cozy with a would-be rapist/serial killer. GROSS.

So if this a soap of ships, it's a Ship of Fools.

It's mostly shipping "OLD" pairings. It's holding on to a ship bc of how good it WAS. It's nostalgia. I can relate to that so much.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

It's mostly shipping "OLD" pairings. It's holding on to a ship bc of how good it WAS. It's nostalgia. I can relate to that so much.

Oh, I understand that, too. But this regime literally gives nothing to keep folks hanging on. Nostalgia can only cover so many inadequacies.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Sonny has forgotten about TJ by now.

What I didn't quite understand in the Curtis/Jordan conversation was why Curtis was being a jerk about being in TJ's life again. I get the issues with Jordan, but why extend those to TJ? That part of the conversation was so clumsy. And, given that TJ isn't a child, Jordan has no standing to forbid him from seeing whomever he wants. If he wants to see Curtis, she needs to suck it up.

The only explanation I can give is that Curtis is now fan of Jordan. Which I completely understand.  Her cheating ass destroyed his brother. And I can understand if Curtis had a hard time being around TJ. Curtis knew the truth. And that truth poisoned his brother's soul. So Curtis lost his brother and he kind of lost his nephew due to Jordan having an affair with Shawn, his brother's supposed best friend. 

But yeah, Jordan has no say in TJ's relationships with anybody. Family or otherwise. He is an adult, he can talk to whoever he wants to talk with. 

As for A Soap of Ships, I'm not implying that any of the ships are good. But the show is pushing their crap couples. There just isn't much good out there. Kevin and Laura? Ok. JaSam? Blech. SCUMMY?  Puke worthy. Always. Nik/HayEl/Ava? Heaving. Morgan/Lauren? Blech. Kristina/Parker/Aaron?  Don't care. LAnte? Meh. Franco/Liz? Decent chemistry, terrible male lead. Maxie/Tree? Still don't care. Julian/Alexis? Terrible. Jordan/anybody? Still don't care. Terrible choices, but this is what the show has been pushing.

• Love 2
On 7/29/2016 at 6:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Oh no, the show is all in on this couple, for whatever reason.  Which makes the writing of the whole thing so bizarre.  I think the writers think writing it this way is "addressing the history", but it's all just bogus.

FV is determined to make Franco happen no matter what and we will love him!  ...rme

On 7/30/2016 at 9:29 AM, TwistedandBored said:

GH has become a show of ships because every storyline they do either starts up horrible or ends up in a horrible way. Majority of the time it is a combination of the two. Take for example the Island storyline, Jasam/Lante/Ava didn't need to be there. It should have been about Laura, Nik, Helena, and Valentine but nooo they had to included all these other people. I mean if they wanted Jasam involved, why stash them away or make them go on the run in the first place if they wanted them on the Island?

The writing for this show sucks. Everything is slow with no payoffs in the end. So, fans are left with finding something they like in the rubbish that is GH. 

Everyone involved with Helena's will should have gone to CI.

• Love 2
On 7/28/2016 at 2:18 PM, Vella said:

So in a few episodes, we learn Jason can fly planes and Sonny went clubbing as a kid and knew lots of THE GAYS.

Right now Guza is weeping.  Cursing he never thought these plot points up himself and overjoyed that there are writers who rub themselves off to his babies just as much as he used to do.

I'm dead.  I need to catch up on GH.  Fml

15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Parker/Krissy ugh but would it be worse if Parker were a man?

It's terrible no matter what. Parker being Kristina's professor is what ruined it for me. Gender and age are irrelevant.

• Love 6

I think the focus on "ships" is a thing that has happened in entertainment in general - but I do know that when stories on GH suck, I tend to remain invested in pairings and characters. That's why writing that's "out of character" for the sake of a short term story arc is so problematic. Ifthere's no internal consistency to the writing for the character, there's nothing to invest in and nothing to hold onto when the stories aren't any good. 

I think the show is less awful than it was under RC. The pacing is still terrible but it's better structured and characters aren't completely unrecognizable, but it's boring. The writers seem to go out of their way to avoid drama, scenes are still short and shallow and there's no sense of urgency/story progress or forward momentum. Part of that is the bloated cast and focus on FV's hires and part of it is the writers drama allergy

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Gawd, this show even managed to make a plane crash boring.  Obviously, the actual crash was going to be off-screen.  And obviously, no one was going to die.  But none of these people are even injured or wet or dirty or look like their hair is mussed, AFTER SURVIVING A PLANE CRASH?!?! 

And then they stick poor Kevin behind a rock so they don't have to pay poor Jon Lindstrom? 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gawd, this show even managed to make a plane crash boring.  Obviously, the actual crash was going to be off-screen.  And obviously, no one was going to die.  But none of these people are even injured or wet or dirty or look like their hair is mussed, AFTER SURVIVING A PLANE CRASH?!?! 

And then they stick poor Kevin behind a rock so they don't have to pay poor Jon Lindstrom? 

Sheesh. Why even bother to pretend they're not on a set at this point? Just take everything down and put up a backdrop. You know you want to Valentini! 

• Love 4

Considering that the show films in L.A., where there's an abundance of beaches they could potentially use for filming, you think they'd actually FILM AT THE BEACH FOR A BEACH SCENE and not build a sad looking set.

• Love 5

The only explanation I can give is that Curtis is now fan of Jordan. Which I completely understand.  Her cheating ass destroyed his brother. And I can understand if Curtis had a hard time being around TJ. Curtis knew the truth. And that truth poisoned his brother's soul. So Curtis lost his brother and he kind of lost his nephew due to Jordan having an affair with Shawn, his brother's supposed best friend.

The writing is alluding to Curtis having a drug problem for many years during T.J.'s childhood; and he wasn't allowed around T.J. during that time.  Jordan seemed to hold that against him, and considered him to be a potential bad influence so she tried to prevent him from forming a relationship with adult T.J.

• Love 1

Or, if they don't have the money to make it look halfway decent, don't write in a plane crash.  It's not like there were any consequences related to it, it was just a stall to keep this Cassadine Island crap going, which they could have done a zillion different ways.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Vella said:

Considering that the show films in L.A., where there's an abundance of beaches they could potentially use for filming, you think they'd actually FILM AT THE BEACH FOR A BEACH SCENE and not build a sad looking set.

Sadly, TIIC don't have the money.  Disney has cut them back to the point they have use the backlot for location shots (see "park" with ugly wire fence).  Gone are the days when they were able to shoot in British Columbia, Puerto Rico, Mount Rushmore, San Antonio.  Now they can't even afford to leave the lot. :(

Or, if they don't have the money to make it look halfway decent, don't write in a plane crash.  It's not like there were any consequences related to it, it was just a stall to keep this Cassadine Island crap going, which they could have done a zillion different ways.

I've seen convincing plane crashes on fixed sets.  This was embarrassingly bad.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

Ingo looks great! Tanned and relaxed and hotter than ever lol! But his very first scene was with Dr. Michael Easton and the lizard? Really? I mean, of course really. Who else would he have scenes with? ::eyeroll:: 

Franco painted Liz, so now she wants to paint him?

Andre declaring (with a straight face) that Franco has an obsession with death? Well gee, doc, what was your first clue?

Amy is so the hospital killer. And I don't even care why or how.

Sam is 100% pregnant. Oh happy day, another baby. <sarc>

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Vella said:

That would require obtaining a permit from the city and then having the city pay for policemen to keep the public from being allowed on the beach even at night.  Trust me, GH does not have that kind of clout nor extra money to film at night and pay bit $$$ for all those lights they would need, etc.  A movie studio, yes, but GH?  Nope.  

Edited by linsav
  • Love 2

Jax!  Ingo gets better with age.

Will someone wake KMo up and tell her to act?

I really hope Amy is the killer. Then she can leave the show

Franco is so creepy.  But Liz's hair was great today

• Love 1

Meanwhile, on today's #showinmyhead...

Liz: Thanks for watching the boys tonight, Grams.

Audrey (sighing resignedly): It's fine.  Where are you off to tonight, dear?

Liz: I, um, actually have a date.

Audrey: Oh...so soon after your engage-...oh, how nice.  Anyone I know?

Liz: (mumbles under her breath)

Audrey (gasping): You don't mean...

Liz: Gotta go!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Does anyone remember when JZ was involved with black market organs and forced Steven Weber to work with him? When exactly was that?

Around 2012 when Ron took over.  Maybe January?  

BTW.  I just saw JVP as Dr Hoeseph Not Carlos.  Well meow.  

• Love 4

Franco and Liz are boring, yet disgusting. However, that painting made my day.

Liz: It's beautiful! [camera pans to black velvet painting of Liz and Liz's cleavage]
Me: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Liz: It reminds me of a Renoir.
Me: AAAAH HA HA HA HA HA [pees]

But Dante tackling Sam was brilliant as well.

Whenever Curtis and Andre have a conversation, I expect Andre to say he's not falling for a banana in the tailpipe.

22 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Parker/Krissy ugh but would it be worse if Parker were a man?

It would still be bad, but I think having Parker be a woman makes it somewhat worse because either way Parker would come across like a predator, but having them both be the same sex plays into the fear-mongering stereotype of older gay people preying on and trying to "convert" young, impressionable people. I doubt this is intentional on the writers' part; I think they're just stupid and thoughtless and it doesn't occur to them that this is a negative way to present one of their few gay characters. It doesn't help that originally Brad was a rapey creep as well.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Vella said:

Why?  Because FV can't use that money for location shoots when he can go out and hire actor #165!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Does anyone remember when JZ was involved with black market organs and forced Steven Weber to work with him? When exactly was that?

2011, maybe?  I think Steven Lars was with Olivia back then and JZ was blackmailing him?