Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I know when poor Carter on ER became addicted to painkillers after being stabbed that he was ordered into specialized rehab geared towards physicians and was strictly monitored/on probation following that.

And when under the influence - before discovery - I recall him screwing up on a patient and almost killing them, where he then took his PTSD-ridden self into a bathroom stall and sobbed.

(As an aside, I loved the scene in "May Day" when Benton told Carter he was going to rehab - and he ended up flying there with him. That was a great medical show!)

In short, if whoever-the-hell-Michael-Easton-is-playing-this-week is a drug addict, no way in hell would he be allowed to go near/treat patients since - if he is under the influence - he could harm patients and potentially put the hospital at risk for many a lawsuit.

But that's on a show with any basis of reality. GH left that station ages ago, more's the pity. Instead we have a doc petting a fucking lizard. Riveting.

• Love 4

I really hope it isn't the fucking terrorist CoS Dr O that has the lady balls to tell Dr Michael Easton shit about his self medicating. If I worked for a kidnapping, Krampus dressing, Christmas stealing, killer hiring, terrorist I'd probably self medicate too. And I'd have two lizards.

• Love 7

Dr O Really is the main thing keeping me on the barge now a days. I just can't live with the shitting on the memory of Steve Hardy. Even Sonny and Carly never shit on Steve. It's like Frank is just deaf to the idea that Dr. O may (big may) work as a character but not as COS. Alan and Steve deserve better

• Love 3

And if she's giving him a bottle water, and keeping him handcuffed the entire time, she better be giving him some depends too.

What? You know you were thinking it too.

Hell, I'm still wondering where Carly, hugely pregnant, peed when Ric had her shackled in the panic room. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3

For anyone with medical/legal know how. If Finn is self medicating and experimenting on himself for a condition he has-which seems to be the case-how much legal trouble can he be in? Can he lose his medical license over it? Because technically he isn't "doing harm" if the treatment is working, and if he's only giving it to himself-can that be the basis for him losing the ability to practice medicine?

I have no medical/legal know how, but I have to imagine that practicing medicine while on some kind of intravenous drug - especially if the drug is not FDA approved - would be a big no no.

Show is trying to give us Dr. Gregory House.

• Love 2

I don't disagree, but didn't they already try that with Silas and his lack of bed side manner?

I guess that was just the show going halfway House. Now they're playing with a full House.

Yes, again, I will show myself out.

• Love 13

I really hope it isn't the fucking terrorist CoS Dr O that has the lady balls to tell Dr Michael Easton shit about his self medicating. If I worked for a kidnapping, Krampus dressing, Christmas stealing, killer hiring, terrorist I'd probably self medicate too. And I'd have two lizards.

Wasn't she fighting to get the SERIAL KILLER on staff a few weeks before citing "procedure" as the reason for fighting against allowing medical privileges to a licensed well-regarded actual medical professional?

So. Dumb.

• Love 4

I don't disagree, but didn't they already try that with Silas and his lack of bed side manner?

I guess that was just the show going halfway House. Now they're playing with a full House.

Yes, again, I will show myself out.

Now you're just asking for a storyline where Nina is so distraught, distraught, distraught! by her infertility that she sees Dr Finn in GH for reasons and regresses into memories of when she made Silas watch 90s sitcom Full House and starts imaging a situation where she, their baby that didn't die, Franco as Wacky Uncle Franco, Kiki as their oldest daughter, and their sassy youngest son Spencer live in a loft that mysteriously has lots of space. Also living there is Uncle James, a too cool for school Detective with great hair. Nina fakes having an infectious disease to get close to Finn, but has developed on from her coma that was never noticed. Everywhere you look....
  • Love 1

Someone please talk me down. TG will probably attend the Emmys on May 1, If he is in town, I am terrified that there is a chance that he might show up in either Laura's or Tracy's sl.

• Love 2

Someone please talk me down. TG will probably attend the Emmys on May 1, If he is in town, I am terrified that there is a chance that he might show up in either Laura's or Tracy's sl.

Isn't it ironic that the Q-tip would take half-year vacations but show up for his right-on-time, regularly scheduled ass-kissing award when the Emmys roll around? I can see Show trolling us by inserting his poison-ality into Laura's or Tracy's story lines. One of his confusing monologues of shouting, whispering, and scenery-chewing would confuse and repulse the audience while fitting the bill.

• Love 2

Even with the show lampshading it at the end, I'm still frigging amazed that Paul was able to contact an Ecuadorian judge and get an arrest warrant issued before Anna and Sonny touched down there.  The rest of the episode was basically Show saying "Hey, look, we're making Hayden more of an actual villainess now!  Doesn't Nikolas look better?" and me saying "Uh...no?"

Now you're just asking for a storyline where Nina is so distraught, distraught, distraught! by her infertility that she sees Dr Finn in GH for reasons and regresses into memories of when she made Silas watch 90s sitcom Full House and starts imaging a situation where she, their baby that didn't die, Franco as Wacky Uncle Franco, Kiki as their oldest daughter, and their sassy youngest son Spencer live in a loft that mysteriously has lots of space. Also living there is Uncle James, a too cool for school Detective with great hair. Nina fakes having an infectious disease to get close to Finn, but has developed on from her coma that was never noticed. Everywhere you look....

...and Josslyn Jacks as Kimmy Gibler!

Sonny's "Don't you know that crime doesn't pay" quip as he left Anna on the plane made me murderous.

You too?  Yup.  But the whole thing leading up to Carlos actually drawing down on Sonny in Showdown Number Ten Thousand, Three Hundred and Forty-Nine might have been worth it...for a split-second.  If that.

• Love 4

The rest of the episode was basically Show saying "Hey, look, we're making Hayden more of an actual villainess now!  Doesn't Nikolas look better?" and me saying "Uh...no?"

Yup, the scenes of Laura extoling how awesome Nikolas is juxtaposed with Rebecca Budig stabbing the ill Tracy in the back were not subtle.

Does anyone else think there might have been some rewrites here?  Last week, Rebecca Budig seemed determined to use her blackmail of Nikolas to stay close to him and then was all gooey when he got hurt.  But today, she was ready to wrap things up and trade ELQ for her silence.  Weird, right?

• Love 10

Yup, the scenes of Laura extoling how awesome Nikolas is juxtaposed with Rebecca Budig stabbing the ill Tracy in the back were not subtle.

Does anyone else think there might have been some rewrites here? Last week, Rebecca Budig seemed determined to use her blackmail of Nikolas to stay close to him and then was all gooey when he got hurt. But today, she was ready to wrap things up and trade ELQ for her silence. Weird, right?

Maybe we're headed for a Susan Moore murder mystery redux

Sonny's "Don't you know that crime doesn't pay" quip as he left Anna on the plane made me murderous.

I thought it could have been funny honestly, but MB's delivery of it was bad.

• Love 3

I don't think they are. I think that when Finn called him a service lizard, and said she "saved" him, he was being literal. I think those out there speculating that he uses the lizard in his concoction, are probably right. That's why I asked about the legal ramifications, since there's a possibility that what he is injecting is a combination of a painkiller like morphine, and the lizard's urine/blood/venom.

I'm sure there are legal ramifications, otherwise Finn wouldn't be keeping it secret. Just wondering if it would be likely a suspension only, or full blown cause to lose the ability to practice medicine.

The sad thing is, whatever his condition is, that huge needle of gunk barely gets him through a 24 hour period, He was obviously in physical pain, not just going through withdrawals, on Friday's show.

On today's show-I can't overstate how much I'm going to hate it if Sam and Jason are the ones to get ELQ back. This should be Tracy's victory, not theirs. People joke about Ron being back-I think it's GUZA. We're back to Jason, Sam, Sonny and Carly being the bestest people that ever walked the earth. It's infuriating.

I do love that Hayden gives no cares about Laura's opinion of her. I think we all knew, though, that Hayden would stab Tracy in the back. After today's show-if Hayden is a Q, she's not Tracy's. JE isn't remotely infusing any personal affection when bringing up Hayden's father, which she would I think, if they possibly had a  past. I suppose Hayden could be adopted, and Tracy could have given up a kid, but it doesn't seem that is the direction they are going.

Love seeing Ned. Wally, much like his onscreen mama, brings grace and class to this show.

Hayden has the ugliest clothes.

I like Hayden and Maxie's clothes. The funkier the better. *shrug*

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I was murderous way before that -- like when Anna confessed to Sonny about shooting Carlos. And then talked about her training. Which I thought would have included something about not letting criminals have information they could use against you.

Unless Sonny really and truly dies tomorrow, I'll be back on the barge in time for happy hour. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 7

TG will probably attend the Emmys on May 1, If he is in town, I am terrified that there is a chance that he might show up in either Laura's or Tracy's sl.

I read online (forget where) that TG was unhappy with his send-off and wanted to come back for seconds.  You have been warned.

" “If the story is interesting to me and it works out, I may come back to the show for six weeks or so,” Geary told EW."

I thought he was going to pop out of that trunk in the attic. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3

I sure do hope that nothing decidedly happens between Anna and Sonny at no point whatsoever! Some people seemed to have been worried that they'd become romantically involved at some point. Please no! That said, I really don't mind Anna and Sonny being friends/confidantes/frenemies/partners in crime or whatever. I'd buy it because Sonny has always loved and adored Anna's daughter Robin, so it would work from that standpoint. But nothing more than that PLEASE! 

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

Carlos looks good groomed. Usually I'm not big on camp but there's something hilarious about Carlos dressed as a priest to me. 

Sonny's "crime doesn't pay" line would have been funny if MB hasn't said it like "crime . . . doesn't . . . pay".

For one second after Nik said, "a part of me wants to go to prison" I thought he was gonna finish it up with "because I regret what I did", but no, it was because the answer was "to spite Hayden". Silly me.

Poor Tracy. hopefully Nik kills her again (and he goes to prison) and Tracy can say "I guess it was worth it, huh?"

"This afternoon was perfect just like we're perfect". Shut up, Nathan. No one talks like and it is so painfully bland and generic.

Who bumped into each other in the park in the previews?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Apparently, Maxie isn't as dumb as she's rumored to be because she still doesn't believe Nathan. Didn't he tell her there was nothing more about the Claudette issue? She obviously believes that there is more and she's now snooping around which won't bode well for Nathan. She asked him to fess up and promised not to judge him. He still didn't spill the beans. Uh-oh!

I wonder if FH, if scuttlebutt is true that she didn't want Anna to be commissioner because she never got to solve crimes, now realizes that no one gets to solve crimes against the bad guys until it is time for the bad guys to leave.

Maxie and someone; maybe it's Claudette! There were certainly enough anvils for it.

I think it's Valerie and Lulu but I'm not 100% sure.

• Love 2

I wonder if FH, if scuttlebutt is true that she didn't want Anna to be commissioner because she never got to solve crimes, now realizes that no one gets to solve crimes against the bad guys until it is time for the bad guys to leave.

I think it's Valerie and Lulu but I'm not 100% sure.

It is Lulu and her cousin ValCheat!

• Love 2

Maxie, FYI, Claudette would have kept her name, in Quebec women are not allowed to take their husbands name.  It was kind of a thing that our new prime minister's wife Sophie Gregoire added the "- Trudeau".

• Love 1

Maxie, FYI, Claudette would have kept her name, in Quebec women are not allowed to take their husbands name.  It was kind of a thing that our new prime minister's wife Sophie Gregoire added the "- Trudeau".

Are they actually not allowed to or is it just generally not done?

• Love 2

Not to defend Valerie for sleeping with her cousin's husband, but who exactly did she cheat on?

For me, ValCheat means she cheated her cousin's kindness BY sleeping with her husband. But I just don't really care at this point because it was her bumping into Lulu at the park which will lead to whatever..................................

So, any thoughts on what Jason is going to offer Nicholas?  Buy out his ELQ shares so whatsherface can't get at them?  I'm not getting where they are going with this - 

Edited by roomtorome

Not to defend Valerie for sleeping with her cousin's husband, but who exactly did she cheat on?

Don't people who sleep with other people who are with someone else called "cheaters" too? Or is the proper term "homewrecker"? Anyhoodle, Valerie and Dante are both cheaters in my book (yes yes and so is Lulu from 10 years ago :p)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

ULKIS:   sorry for whatever reason my laptop is not letting me do quotes or links but from what I have read it is legally not allowed.

ETA:  Valerie is definitely a home wrecker!!

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 2

Sonny's face looked disturbingly aroused when Anna was describing how she shot Carlos four times. If they weren't on a plane, he probably would have popped into the kitchen to cook up some of his famous seduction linguine.

Tomorrow on General Hospital:

Nikolas: I will never forgive you for this, Sam.

Sam: LOL.

• Love 13

I sure do hope that nothing decidedly happens between Anna and Sonny at no point whatsoever! Some people seemed to have been worried that they'd become romantically involved at some point. Please no! That said, I really don't mind Anna and Sonny being friends/confidantes/frenemies/partners in crime or whatever. I'd buy it because Sonny has always loved and adored Anna's daughter Robin, so it would work from that standpoint. But nothing more than that PLEASE! 

Guess you missed the part where Scummy threw Robin out of his house, and the time when he shot her in her own house with her daughter there. Joss thinks he is cool. What will she think when she finds out he tried to kill her father. More than once ?

• Love 5

Sam: LOL.

"I'm the only one who can do despicable things for the sake of his son, Sam. Back off."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

If I were Sam: *stares blankly*

Bitch, who the fuck...what the fuck...

*beats Nik's ass for 20 minutes*

*Liez walks in* 

*beats Liez's ass for 20 minutes*

*logs on to Nik's computer, prints of some documents transferring all of his assets to me, forges his signature*

*sets Wyndemere* on fire and walks out while Nik and Liez are on the floor unconscious*

• Love 19

Guess you missed the part where Scummy threw Robin out of his house, and the time when he shot her in her own house with her daughter there. Joss thinks he is cool. What will she think when she finds out he tried to kill her father. More than once ?

So an Anna and Sonny fuckfest then? DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! (circa Florida Evans 1976).

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2

So, any thoughts on what Jason is going to offer Nicholas?  Buy out his ELQ shares so whatsherface can't get at them?  I'm not getting where they are going with this - 

If this is what happens tomorrow, I am going to be very, VERY annoyed if instead of returning them to the Q's that got them blackmailed or scammed out of them - Ned, Brook Lynn, Skye, Lila Rae, etc. - Jason and Sam keep them while proclaiming themselves the family's saviors.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

If this is what happens tomorrow, I am going to be very, VERY annoyed if instead of returning them to the Q's that got them blackmailed or scammed out of them - Ned, Brook Lynn, Skye, Lila Rae, etc. - Jason and Sam keep them while proclaiming themselves the family's saviors.

If Jason buys the shares from Nik tomorrow, I doubt Jason & Sam hold on to them. Hey, maybe they give them all to Tracy! I know, I'm dreaming.

Are they actually not allowed to or is it just generally not done?

http://time.com/3940094/maiden-married-names-countries/

I just looked it up because I was trying to remember this.  Your legal name in Quebec is your maiden name, but people do and can use their husband's name.

I am not in Quebec, and retained my name, but I frequently use  my husband's name in situations where it is easier, but it is not my legal name.

Interesting article nonetheless.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 2

Nik comes across as whiny bitch instead of dark and badass guy that they seem to be going for. I haven't been around during the Cassadine's reign but I hope they weren't all like him. Like Hayden could take everything from him and I still won't feel sorry for him. 

• Love 11

There is something seriously wrong with me - I loved Nik/ letter opener and Hayden/ ice pick all going to bed together. Not like it was so romantic, I'm not that weird, but something about it was interesting and funny.

I'm with you on the sicko train. I like the Mr. & Mrs. Smith vibe. Or I would if continents didn't drift apart and reform while Tyler struggled to spit out his lines. It really tends to discourage rapid-fire banter. 

• Love 4