Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And then basically apologized for it and led a prayer circle.

Like, I get that some like this Mature!Sam!, but there's a difference between being mature and being downright passive. They've completely ripped any kind of spunk and fire out of Sam. She's basically there to give people free seminars on How to be a Good Person in 10 Easy Steps.

She's a saint. Everyone basically has to bow down to her in scenes these days. Its gross.

First of all, I really enjoyed all the Jason and Sam goodies we got. As much as I would love bitchy Sam back, today was not the day. I mean Jake is still in the hospital and all. I did however liked her snarky comment to Franco. Honestly, I love how she never passes an opportunity to just throw a bitchy comment his way. I hope this doesn't change any time soon. 

You know how you once said, they directed the Samtrick goodbye like they were not over each other. Today, I was noticing how they directed and wrote certain Liz/Sam/Jason scenes like Jasam somehow wronged Liz.  I mean Franco's "what could be more important than being here for Jake" to Liz's "you have a friend here" crap. It was soo weird how much Liz was acting like Jason cheated on her. 

Anyways, forget Sam being Jason wife instead of "friend". HA! I don't know why Liz thought Jason would be totes cool with Franco hanging anywhere near his son. All Jakeson heard of Franco is how he terrorized those close to Jason. I mean it looked like Liz was the one with memory problem when it came to Franco. 

So, whoever said there was no triangle. I point to you toward today's episode.  

This is where it is even more glaring that Jason doesn't know about what Sam did to Jake because apparently Liz is just supposed to suck it up, and let Sam be in Jake's life.

Not that I have any desire to see Liz with Franco in any capacity, but Jason seems to think that Liz should just have to go through this alone, and not have any friends with her.

• Love 4

Not that I have any desire to see Liz with Franco in any capacity, but Jason seems to think that Liz should just have to go through this alone, and not have any friends with her.

Yeah, he totally threw Nikolas - the man who engineered this whole mess - out of the hospital the other day.  Oh wait, no he didn't.

Not that I'm pro-Jason/Sam or anti-Liz.  I'm just sooo sick of this whole mess and inserting Franco into it is making it even more unbearable for this viewer.

• Love 15

It's always sad to see someone be snotty (as Liz was in this episode) because they think that attitude is going to have some positive impact on the relationship that is dead as a doornail.  She played that scene a bit like she was trying to make Jason jealous - but, it's clear Jason has moved on and she's only making a fool of herself by behaving like a petty mean girl.  

I have to take a long international flight in a few days - and, I hate flying.  I wonder if the show would lend me their worm hole to make it much more tolerable....

• Love 16

I have to exception to this b/c Jason acted WAY better than he had to about Nik being involved and didn't seem to have much problem with Nik being in his son's room despite the fact he just weeks ago tried to wrongly put him in prison and used blackmail to try to get him to drop the ELQ lawsuit.

I don't think Jason wants Liz to not have friends or support just not Franco.

• Love 10

I have to exception to this b/c Jason acted WAY better than he had to about Nik being involved and didn't seem to have much problem with Nik being in his son's room despite the fact he just weeks ago tried to wrongly put him in prison and used blackmail to try to get him to drop the ELQ lawsuit.

I don't think Jason wants Liz to not have friends or support just not Franco.

Well Jason doesn't have any say in who Liz's friends are.

• Love 4

Today, I was noticing how they directed and wrote certain Liz/Sam/Jason scenes like Jasam somehow wronged Liz.

I'm going to preface my response with a disclaimer. I don't care about the Sam/Jason/Liz triangle. Never have, never will. So what I'm about to say has nothing to do with likes/dislikes. It's honestly an objective look at the story that I hated from Day 1 and should never have gone so far.

This is how each character should be behaving, and how they would be behaving on any other soap:

Sam: Should hate Liz, should want to be nowhere near her, should want Jason away from her unless they're dealing with Jake, if that.

Liz: Should be sad, guilty, apologetic, confused as to why she went so far, understanding of why people are mad, bonding with people not named Franco.

Jason: Should be more pissed than anyone else. His mind and body were taken advantage of by someone he loved.

• Love 21
(edited)

I still don't think it's a triangle.  Jason has no feelings whatsoever for Liz on screen (and he shouldn't!!!!), at least in my eyes.  He's all about Sam.  Liz is just the interloper who can't get over the magic of Jasus's dick.  

Edited by tallyrand
  • Love 5

This is where it is even more glaring that Jason doesn't know about what Sam did to Jake because apparently Liz is just supposed to suck it up, and let Sam be in Jake's life.

The Sam and Jake thing happened years ago and is not even close to what Franco did to a lot of people including Sam and Jason. Sam also atoned for her mistakes by helping rescue Jake. Liz also forgave Sam and let Sam even babysit Jake with Lucky. The situation got resolved a long time ago. 

However, since that incident, Liz has lied about Dany's paternity which almost let to Heather harming him. Liz also lied for 7 freaking months all to get on Jason's D which let to her ignoring her son's mental problems. If anyone has a reason not to be around Liz, it is Sam but she is sucking up and making the best out of a bad situation. 

You know, never mind. I don't know why I replied back. Trying to avoid Liz vs. Sam for the millionth time where Sam's past is brought up to excuse the things Liz is currently doing onscreen. 

• Love 16

I'm still back at the wedding.  When baddie was asking who was Sonny's daughter and Sam stood up, I was squicked to recall that he got her pregnant once.   At least they were in a hotel, not a crypt.

• Love 5

I haven't watched this show in months but did they seriously change the recording of AJ's murder to have Ava call him fat?? Did that happen?

Eh, Paul's attitude bugged me a little yesterday.  He's also a murderer trying to stay out of jail and used a sob story to get sympathy.  And I also think he's trying to work some kind of self-serving angle by holding on to that tape.

But he doesn't constantly walk around blaming other people for all his problems. Ava does. She takes responsibility one minute, then five minutes later acts like a victim. 

It's boring and I'm over it.

• Love 1

Sam is way too passive with Liez. She doesnt want her to feel uncomfortable????. Sam owes her nothing after 7 months of lying and then blaming SAM for it. Why did Liez go all the way to Jasons hotel instead of picking up the phone. 

You know, never mind. I don't know why I replied back. Trying to avoid Liz vs. Sam for the millionth time where Sam's past is brought up to excuse the things Liz is currently doing onscreen.

Same. 

Why Franco is anywhere near Sam/Jason or his kids is ridiculous.

If Liez can be around Franco who actually kidnapped her kid then she can be around Sam. Whose misdeed with Jake was a decade ago. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I don't know what's more annoying...

-Franco acting all woobie "I'm a good guy! Why is everyone so mean to me?!"

-Sam void of a real personality. It's OK if she hates and badmouths Liz, show.

At least she's allowed to be mad at Franco?

Nina was tolerable for a while but today was the full Stafford acting tics in full. 

The look on Maxie's face when Nina was going on about how great Franco was was great.

The Jake actor is still atrocious (he said "of course I have fun in the playroom!" like he was gonna follow it up with "I'm gonna kill you for asking!") but he was kinda cute today.

Is this gonna be Morgan's hair from now on? Not good.

Is Carly gonna basically force Morgan to be committed? I hate Morgan now but that's awful. Maybe she can take a stab at actual parenting first? She tried to get him to turn away from Sonny's path for all of 5 minutes.

ugh why is Lulu crying about her marriage being over? It's like one step forward two steps back with the writing for her. Maybe the divorce papers went through but even that is no excuse, unless they showed Dante crying into his beer too.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Morgan:  "I probably would have gotten cold and went inside."  Do the writers write this bad grammar, or do the actors tweek it?  The pronoun usage has really been off recently. 

I don't expect much realism in the hospital scenes, but Morgan's restraints have been outrageous.  First of all, leather restraints are an extreme last resort.  And when leathers are used properly, they are impossible to get out of.  Yet Morgan could easily lean to either side and untie them.  It's just silly.  He should be in a locked unit if they've determined him to be a danger to himself or others, and confined in a safe room.  At this point he's calm, rational, and simply whiney.

• Love 3

I haven't watched this show in months but did they seriously change the recording of AJ's murder to have Ava call him fat?? Did that happen?

No, it didn't happen.

I guess I could say if someone doesn't like a character that there is something called a FF button, but then I'd be a hypocrite myself for not exercising it like I should.

The look on Maxie's face when Nina was going on about how great Franco was great.

Is Carly gonna basically force Morgan to be committed? I hate Morgan now but that's awful. Maybe she can take a stab at actual parenting first? She tried to get him to turn away from Sonny's path for all of 5 minutes.

I wonder if Nina's gonna find out about her new bestie and her great wuv having banged before.

At first, when Carly was talking about giving Morgan to someone who can actually take care of him, I thought she was talking about Jax.

• Love 4

Oh, Paul's character is problematic, but at least he's not continually sobbing and whining. That's my beef with Ava. She's not completely without options. I'd like to see her take charge of her situation instead of letting other people dictate it.

Whoops. You said it so much better than me, so I'll just ditto this a few dozen times.

I still don't think it's a triangle.  Jason has no feelings whatsoever for Liz on screen (and he shouldn't!!!!), at least in my eyes.  He's all about Sam.  Liz is just the interloper who can't get over the magic of Jasus's dick.  

Liz isn't an interloper though. She's not keeping Sam and Jason from being together, nor is she trying to stop them. 

Liz and Jason also just broke up like a couple of months ago. I don't see why she should be over him yet. She's not trying to be with him again, and she's accepted that its over, but those feelings don't just go away.

• Love 5

Liz isn't an interloper though. She's not keeping Sam and Jason from being together, nor is she trying to stop them. 

Liz and Jason also just broke up like a couple of months ago. I don't see why she should be over him yet. She's not trying to be with him again, and she's accepted that its over, but those feelings don't just go away.

I agree that if she was over him by now it would make no sense, and she's not actively stopping Jason and Sam from exploring their insta-feelings, but I still feel like the show is portraying her as the interloper, or at least a third-party.  

(edited)

Well Jason doesn't have any say in who Liz's friends are.

I think that Jason should probably have some say in whether or not his child can hang around a serial killer who terrorized his family. And before someone reminds me that Sam watched Liz's kids get kidnapped, that's a far cry from a SERIAL KILLER.

At first, when Carly was talking about giving Morgan to someone who can actually take care of him, I thought she was talking about Jax.

That would actually be really interesting, so of course that's not what we are getting.

I just love how much more upset Ava is about being blackmailed than that she is a murderer.

Being a murderer---meh

Being blackmailed--- how DARE you!

Ava-If I had the tape and no one could put me in jail I'd be perfectly fine, sleep well and would be a better mother. Being a murderer, no big deal, someone punishing me for it. HOW DARE YOU!

yah those are some great parenting skills Ava. RME

Wow, yet more things Ava and Sonny have in common. They really are two peas in a pod. The only difference is we're supposed to see Sonny as a hero and the best father in the world. LOL.

Liz was such an immature little bitch today. I loved it! That's who she is, let her be it and let her own it. Also, and believe me I wanna set myself on fire for this, I enjoyed the Liz/Franco scenes. I literally hate myself.

I like Nina and Maxie together.

Lulu's full on sobbing "My marriage is over," in the promo made my eyes almost roll out of my head.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11

Morgan:  "I probably would have gotten cold and went inside."  Do the writers write this bad grammar, or do the actors tweek it?  The pronoun usage has really been off recently. 

That reminds me, when Nina said they had to stay there or Nathan would run straight to the office, did they mean the station, I wonder? It made no sense to say Nathan would run straight to the office.

• Love 1

Can't they give Michael something else to do beside being a Morgan propper, bodyguard  and keeper?

If pressed, I would still say that King Bryan is the better actor than Chad Duell, but yeah, I don't get why they are giving Craig this huge storyline when poor Duell already has an Emmy. Doesn't the actual emmy winner deserve a storyline that doesn't disappear when his characer's girlfriend leaves the show for a couple of months?

• Love 2

If pressed, I would still say that King Bryan is the better actor than Chad Duell, but yeah, I don't get why they are giving Craig this huge storyline when poor Duell already has an Emmy. Doesn't the actual emmy winner deserve a storyline that doesn't disappear when his characer's girlfriend leaves the show for a couple of months?

"He already got his Emmy, why do we need to give him Emmy bait?" 

• Love 4
(edited)
Maybe she can take a stab at actual parenting first?

That train sailed years ago.

I agree that if she was over him by now it would make no sense, and she's not actively stopping Jason and Sam from exploring their insta-feelings, but I still feel like the show is portraying her as the interloper, or at least a third-party.

No woman is allowed to fully get over Jason. I'm semi-surprised Carly hasn't popped in to Shriner's Hospital for Children™ in Philadelphia for a visit. If Franco can get there two minutes after hanging up with Jake, she can use the same wormhole for a quick check up.

"He already got his Emmy, why do we need to give him Emmy bait?"

"We gotta spread the wealth so we don't get canceled."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

STFU Sonny. Everything Carly said about Morgan needing more help than they can give him was 100% correct. I wish Carly would hit him in the head with some barware. 

I didn't like Liez's attitude and tone of voice with Jason after she saw him coming out of Sam's hotel room. Girl, how about you get your motherfucking life together and stop acting stank about Jason and Sam spending time together. Ugh she's such a loser. And is this really all they can think to do with her - having her flash bitch face and hang out with Serial Killer? Really? How pathetic. 

• Love 13
(edited)
No woman is allowed to fully get over Jason. I'm semi-surprised Carly hasn't popped in to Shriner's Hospital for Children™ in Philadelphia for a visit. If Franco can get there two minutes after hanging up with Jake, she can use the same wormhole for a quick check up.

We all know there is no way Carly would try to navigate two different emotional conflicts (her marriage with Sonny and Morgan's issues) without trying to crawl inside Jason's skin to get him to make it all better for her.  Her not using the wormhole or at least calling Jason 37 times a day is completely out of character. 

Can these writers really not find enough drama to mine in their golden couple?  No story there in a couple who has been apart for a few years due to the husband's "death"?  No story in his amnesia?  No story in dealing with the issues they had before his "death"?  No story in dealing with him figuring out what he wants to do with his life and whether he wants to throw himself back into the mob life, with all the risks to his family?  Nope.  None of that.  Instead, we need Liz to continue lingering in Hitman/Kidnapping Accomplice hell when she's already had her life literally explode around their happy reunion.  If they're ever both fully awake at the same time long enough to renew their vows, will we have Liz staring in the church windows crying?  Maybe she can be dressed in rags, with dirt smeared all over her face?  Free Liz.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 8

Morgan can't be trusted to do what's best for himself and Carly/Sonny can't force him to take his medication and go to therapy. Having him committed might be the only way to force him to get his life together. 

Jason shouldn't even have to tell Liez not to allow DNAJ to hang out with Franco because she should already know better. Why on earth does she think it's a good idea for her unbalanced son to get therapy from a serial killer.

• Love 9
(edited)

We all know there is no way Carly would try to navigate two different emotional conflicts (her marriage with Sonny and Morgan's issues) without trying to crawl inside Jason's skin to get him to make it all better for her.  Her not using the wormhole or at least calling Jason 37 times a day is completely out of character. 

Can these writers really not find enough drama to mine in their golden couple?  No story there in a couple who has been apart for a few years due to the husband's "death"?  No story in his amnesia?  No story in dealing with the issues they had before his "death"?  No story in dealing with him figuring out what he wants to do with his life and whether he wants to throw himself back into the mob life, with all the risks to his family?  Nope.  None of that.  Instead, we need Liz to continue lingering in Hitman/Kidnapping Accomplice hell when she's already had her life literally explode around their happy reunion.  If they're ever both fully awake at the same time long enough to renew their vows, will we have Liz staring in the church windows crying?  Maybe she can be dressed in rags, with dirt smeared all over her face?  Free Liz.  

Under these new, non-Ron writers, it seems like the show is less actively committed to destroying characters ....  but the show is still committing suicide, just at a slower pace, maybe.   So ... good job?   I guess?

But, yeah.   This story is made of boring, and the show seems committed to not exploring anything that might possibly be interesting about it.  Just this lingering blah of a shitty, alleged love triangle.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

Given Maxie's slandering of Britt's medical skills today and her suggesting Nina get a second opinion, is anyone else now terrified that this bitch is, like, gonna see Franco hug Liz, sleep with someone random (probably Michael Easton's character) and then get preggos for real?

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know how Sam doesn't punch Franco in the throat every time she sees him.  I am glad Danny was in the playroom and Franco wasn't anywhere near him. 

I loved all the JaSam moments we got, especially the hand kiss.  Billy and Kelly are certainly comfortable with each other.  I am thinking their actual love scenes might be hotter than LuSam's were....and those were pretty damn hot.

I have nothing more to say about Liz.  I am just done.  It's all been said, and will be said again and I am tired of it.  It's like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.  It's exhausting.   Please move her on to her own damn story and away from Sam. 

I couldn't really hear what else happened because I watched live with a 2 year old who decided to bang her drums every other scene.....Are the CarSon scenes worth looking up?

Also did anyone else notice or can verify that Jason did indeed sign "Jason (Dad)" on Jake's cast?  I can't tell if people were ragging on him or if it was true....or both.  If it's true.....I think we have END OF BOOK beaten.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 10

I feel like between Franco/Nina, Jason/Sam and Maxie/Nathan SOMEONE is going to get pregnant. With talk of a GYN I think we know who ME new character will be.

Since MS used a surrogate IRL and given Maxie's past I really thought show might be going to do a rerun of Maxie being Nina/Franco's surrogate.

Don't shoot me but I did find Franco's bike accident scene pretty adorable.<skulks to the corner and hides face>

• Love 3

Said Dante's biggest fan:P

Sorry I couldn't resist b/c second day in a row you gave me a laughing fit with your post!

Exactly! I know bad hair when I see it! 

• Love 3

Does Shriners Hospital for Children© take mob money? Because Jason has the ability to pay, but he didn't earn the money fixing motorcycles.

They provide the finest care for children regardless of a parents ability to pay.

• Love 5

A friend of mine told me to take another look at GH, said it was getting good again so I did a drive by today.  I liked the Tracy scenes, but then again Jane Elliot can spin gold out of crap as she's done for years.

Then I saw Det. Kitty, always a pleasure, Maxie, Liesl and whateverthehellthecharaterStaffordisplayingwhosenameI'vemercifully forgotten and the pleasure faded quickly.

THEN I saw Orange Glow talking to God like God was a dimwit about how he had to protect his little girl because Ava was putting her in danger.  This is why I can't come back.  Sonny Corinthos the mobster thinks somebody ELSE is dangerous to kids.

Gaa!

Oh, and I didn't get to turn it off before he had the  nerve to lecture Ava about not being a good person.  How she brought danger to Port Charles.  

Like all he brings is sunshine and lollipops instead of gastritis and severe reflux - and that's just his sexual specialities.

Seriously. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. This show makes me ill. Sonny in church ??? ARE WE SUPPOSE TO BUY sonny AS ANYTHING BUT, A COLD BLOODED MURDERER. TIIC think make everyone a murderer then these idiot fans will have to shut up. What I do is just not bother watching.I know they need to build a great big electafied fence around the town shove everyone in. Last man standing wins. Maybe it will be little jake.

(edited)

Okay, sure Morgan Couch. Whatever you say.

Are the CarSon scenes worth looking up?

LW was really good, I thought. Of course she usually always is. Sonny was his usual blustering, exaggerated stupid self - "I REFUSE!!!!!!!!!" in response to her suggestion that they commit Morgan.

This should go in UO thread or maybe Wish List, but I would have no problem if they got rid of every single male character on this show. The women out-act them, out-shine them and are all around just plain BETTER. They can go full on sapphic.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

I read something on Twitter that sparked this realization.  Sonny's big "I REFUSE!" moment about having Morgan committed isn't actually about Morgan at all.  It's about Sonny and his claustrophobia, that's why he makes a big thing about the padded walls closing in or whatever.

• Love 3

This should go in UO thread or maybe Wish List, but I would have no problem if they got rid of every single male character on this show. The women out-act them, out-shine them and are all around just plain BETTER. They can go full on sapphic.

I'd miss maybe Dante and um, well Patrick's gone now, so probably none of the other men but overall yeah I agree. I was thinking today how much better Nina and Maxie are together than with their respective men. And Tracy can make me interested in any of the women who are friends with her - Sabrina, Sam, Lulu, maybe even Connie a little when she was around.

• Love 2

I read something on Twitter that sparked this realization.  Sonny's big "I REFUSE!" moment about having Morgan committed isn't actually about Morgan at all.  It's about Sonny and his claustrophobia, that's why he makes a big thing about the padded walls closing in or whatever.

When he started talking about the padded walls, I thought that too. Sonny is such a great dad, refusing to let his son get the help he needs because he's a whiny fucking baby about being locked in the damn closet by Deke. If I was locked in the closet, I'd be like. "Cool, I'll take a nap."

I'd miss maybe Dante and um, well Patrick's gone now, so probably none of the other men but overall yeah I agree. I was thinking today how much better Nina and Maxie are together than with their respective men. And Tracy can make me interested in any of the women who are friends with her - Sabrina, Sam, Lulu, maybe even Connie a little when she was around.

It's really sad when not a single one of the men can get me to feel anything for them. I don't even know who I'd be torn about. Lucas is pretty much the only one that I'd be willing to keep.

• Love 3

You're not the only one!

Yeah but my hate is pure! I think a decent amount of people don't like him cause they were Burton stans. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I guess. :)

• Love 3

I guess I need someone to explain how what Morgan did at the docks is so "bad" that he would go to prison for it. It has something to do with threatening to shoot Dixon the big bad gun lord who took a church full of people hostage. so um yah that sounds like something worthy of prison.

And he has been in the hospital at least a day or two so sorry but he'd have been given enough drugs to not be this manic by now. He truly comes across as an ungrateful ass more than bipolar at this point.

I also can't understand why Carly isn't with him more. Since she had her hand washing accident she hasn't been shown with him. I understand why Sonny's home with Avery but why is Carly leaving Michael to babysit Morgan? I did LOL at his line to Michael about being tied up and not in a good way. I think Michael was like TMI dude TMI.heh!

• Love 1

Yep, all women - except for Dr. O, who dies horribly (yes, I know I'm obsessed with this theme .... no, I don't care).   And Robert comes back.   And Dante gets his old personality back - so he can stay.   But otherwise, yeah, only the women characters can stay.  

• Love 2

I guess I need someone to explain how what Morgan did at the docks is so "bad" that he would go to prison for it. It has something to do with threatening to shoot Dixon the big bad gun lord who took a church full of people hostage. so um yah that sounds like something worthy of prison.

And he has been in the hospital at least a day or two so sorry but he'd have been given enough drugs to not be this manic by now. He truly comes across as an ungrateful ass more than bipolar at this point.

I also can't understand why Carly isn't with him more. Since she had her hand washing accident she hasn't been shown with him. I understand why Sonny's home with Avery but why is Carly leaving Michael to babysit Morgan? I did LOL at his line to Michael about being tied up and not in a good way. I think Michael was like TMI dude TMI.heh!

The same reason why Dr. Matt is spending years in prison for killing Lisa to stop her from killing Robin.

• Love 2