Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I miss DG Michael. I can't stand saintly characters, which is what CD Michael is to me.

I didn't see much of DG's Michael but I do think I preferred him to CD. He had more of an edge.

I really don't have anything to say about today's ep. Although I did wonder how Liz had on a brand new sweater if all her clothes burned in the explosion.

• Love 2

Man, poor Liz. It sucks how much the show has everyone treating her like dirt and there's been no one to support her.[/sarcasm]

The show has bent over backwards to have people being nothing but supportive of Liez after her lie was exposed and even express at how hard everything (ie her lying her ass of for months) had been for her. Even her enemies have been used to sing from the heavens about what a GREAT mother she is. The woman whose son - her only living child - Liez tried to keep from her has bent over backwards to be nice to her and even offer her huge mansion for Liez and her boys to live at. Now her co-workers have all banded together to get her boys clothes and toys after the house explosion. Her best friend - the prince - has now offered her a castle to live in. Probably at the end of the show she was introduced to her latest victim, er, love interest. 

I'm just not seeing how Liez is having the truck backed over her and is being treated SOOOOO badly.

I don't see Liez doing any JaSam propping or Sam propping. She knows the connection they have, which is why she lied to keep them apart for months. She didn't say anything about them that was over the top. Sam is Jason's wife and they have been together for a long time. And of course she's going to tell Jake Sam is a good person. It doesn't mean that Liez is Sam's biggest fan or likes her, but the night before she thought Jake KILLED Sam because he was picking up on her animosity towards Sam. There was no time to get into their sordid and complicated history with a physically and mentally fragile little kid.

I don't like Liez or the weird little Jake and would prefer not to see them in scenes anymore, but I think it's ridiculous for people to act like Sam and Jake will never realistically interact. She's his stepmother and the mother of his little brother. She's going to be in his life and he in hers.

To say something slightly complimentary about Liz, today was the first time that I felt she was truly letting go of the fantasy of her and Jason and glad she owned up to Jake that it was her lie that ruined everything.

Glad Sonny and Alexis don't buy Kristina's weak lie. I know Alexis doesn't have a problem with Sonny, but I thought it was kind of rude of Kristina to just invite Sonny to the wedding without discussing it with the bride and groom.

• Love 18

Aside from it being a plot point, why would Kristina invite Sonny to the wedding in the first place? She knows he and Julian don't like each other, and it's not as if Alexis cares if Sonny approves of her marriage. So dumb.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Yea everything with Kristina/Sonny was so stupid. But, and I hate myself for this, LA and MB are really cute together. Dammit! Also, LA looked really pretty today.

Man, poor Liz. It sucks how much the show has everyone treating her like dirt and there's been no one to support her.[/sarcasm]

The show has bent over backwards to have people being nothing but supportive of Liez after her lie was exposed and even express at how hard everything (ie her lying her ass of for months) had been for her.

+1.

I need Griffin to wash his hair immediately.

OK, I guess I did have some things to say about today.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I don't see Liez doing any JaSam propping or Sam propping. She knows the connection they have, which is why she lied to keep them apart for months.

Why does Liz have to acknowledge their "connection?" I don't think she ever has to act like Sam and Jason belong together or have some outer space connection or whatever. I don't care about any of the characters in that death trap triangle, but Liz can still grow a brain that Jason married and chose another woman and still think JaSam aren't good together.

• Love 5

Let's not rewrite history. I haven't seen everything from that time period, but I do know that Sam encouraged Jason to spend time with Jake before he "croaked" the first time. It's not a new viewpoint from Sam.

Nope, it's not.  And her history with Jake was forgiven a long time, so I am not really sure why all of a sudden Liz should keep Jake way from Sam now.  They grew past it, just like I am sure Sam will grow past what Liz did...it already looks like they are.

I loved my Davis girls all together. I loved that Sam wanted to be with Danny and I loved how she tried to cover for Kristina by saying she had "no idea" how Jason found her.  Kristina is a terrible liar btw, not sure how she managed to get this far.  It didn't look suspicious at all when she quickly broke in to explain that Molly's "we" meant her and TJ.....And Sam's older sister "face pat" while Kristina looked pissed was hilarious.   And it's not really new that Molly and Kristina support JaSam.  They have for a long time.  You know, because their sister is married to him and in love with him.  It's hardly propping when her family wants her to be happy....with her husband.

So...Nikolas was right outside the room Sam was at, and we couldn't even get an awkward hall scene where she ignores him?  His shit is really going to be swept under the rug, isn't it?   I wonder if he is invited to Alexis' wedding.  And Liz is trying to acknowledge that what they did was terrible, and he basically poo poo's her taking responsibility away?  He needs to be pushed off a balcony again.  Shithead.

I am glad Liz was honest with Jake.  Now hopefully he finally gets it and can stop with the "are we a family??" shit.   I am also glad they acknowledged that Jason took turns in each room.  So he didn't ignore his kid, he was there for both of them. 

• Love 13

Although I did wonder how Liz had on a brand new sweater if all her clothes burned in the explosion.

I figured that she had a change of clothes in her locker, someone brought her some clothes or she picked something up at the giftshop.

And the joy of St. Sam! Always a freaking delight. How wonderful of Sam to not be mad at Jake for him not doing a damn thing to her! How easy it would be for her to upset with him for her tripping down stairs, while chasing a scared child through a house that she has absolutely NO permission to be in! Such a SAINT! (SkipperBitch eyeroll)

And while losing your house sucks, insurance should pay for a rental home and a rebuild.

• Love 9

Sam's been okay with Jake for awhile and she can afford to be - she's able to have children now, she and Jason got married and they have a child together. It doesn't make sense for her to have a problem with Jake at this point

Sam was okay with Jake before she had a baby. She encouraged Jason to claim him long before they broke up and the kidnapping phase of SOS. One of the reasons why people were so mad at the kidnapping was her stance re Jake in Jason's life. 

• Love 7

For a brief moment I didn't want DNAJ to be murdered. And I didn't think Victimized Town Pariah Liez was a psychotic, delusional, stupid piece of crap today. That's as nice as I can be about those two at the moment.

Of course Nik didn't have any scenes with Propped Saint Sam. I'm curious about how much longer the writers are going to avoid having them interact.

The Davis girls are some of the few characters on the show who actually act like a real family.

I'm not sure how Kristina is such a bad liar considering who she's related to and the environment she grew up in.

• Love 12

And it's not really new that Molly and Kristina support JaSam.  They have for a long time.  You know, because their sister is married to him and in love with him.

THIS. While I get tired of the constant Jason gushing its not new that her sisters support JaSam. 

BM had some hilarious facial expressions today. His eye roll at DNAJ when he asked about them being together. and when Molly/Kristina came in to surprise Sam his face was amusing. 

• Love 5
And the joy of St. Sam! Always a freaking delight. How wonderful of Sam to not be mad at Jake for him not doing a damn thing to her!

I don't understand this. Jake didn't do anything to make Sam fall down the stairs. Why the sarcasm?

So...Nikolas was right outside the room Sam was at, and we couldn't even get an awkward hall scene where she ignores him?  His shit is really going to be swept under the rug, isn't it?   I wonder if he is invited to Alexis' wedding.  And Liz is trying to acknowledge that what they did was terrible, and he basically poo poo's her taking responsibility away?  He needs to be pushed off a balcony again.  Spithead.

Ugh, Nik is THE WORST. And tomorrow we have to suffer through a love scene with him and Rebecca Budig. 

• Love 4

BM had some hilarious facial expressions today. His eye roll at DNAJ when he asked about them being together. and when Molly/Kristina came in to surprise Sam his face was amusing.

Yaaaaaas, him and those eyerolls can stay on the show as long as he likes, as far as I'm concerned.

Did that tumor that almost killed him start before he cheated on Umily with Copkilla and was later removed after he had tumor sex with Emily, did that eat the part of his brain that was a decent human being? His douchness really kicked into high gear surrounding the tumor.

• Love 1

Did that tumor that almost killed him start before he cheated on Umily with Copkilla and was later removed after he had tumor sex with Emily, did that eat the part of his brain that was a decent human being? His douchness really kicked into high gear surrounding the tumor.

This is the guy who got together with Emily in the home her husband, Zander, got for them, so I think his current crappy behavior has a bit of a precedent.

• Love 2

The show has bent over backwards to have people being nothing but supportive of Liez after her lie was exposed and even express at how hard everything (ie her lying her ass of for months) had been for her. Even her enemies have been used to sing from the heavens about what a GREAT mother she is. The woman whose son - her only living child - Liez tried to keep from her has bent over backwards to be nice to her and even offer her huge mansion for Liez and her boys to live at. Now her co-workers have all banded together to get her boys clothes and toys after the house explosion. Her best friend - the prince - has now offered her a castle to live in. Probably at the end of the show she was introduced to her latest victim, er, love interest. 

I'm just not seeing how Liez is having the truck backed over her and is being treated SOOOOO badly.

I don't see Liez doing any JaSam propping or Sam propping. She knows the connection they have, which is why she lied to keep them apart for months. She didn't say anything about them that was over the top. Sam is Jason's wife and they have been together for a long time. And of course she's going to tell Jake Sam is a good person. It doesn't mean that Liez is Sam's biggest fan or likes her, but the night before she thought Jake KILLED Sam because he was picking up on her animosity towards Sam. There was no time to get into their sordid and complicated history with a physically and mentally fragile little kid.

I don't like Liez or the weird little Jake and would prefer not to see them in scenes anymore, but I think it's ridiculous for people to act like Sam and Jake will never realistically interact. She's his stepmother and the mother of his little brother. She's going to be in his life and he in hers.

To say something slightly complimentary about Liz, today was the first time that I felt she was truly letting go of the fantasy of her and Jason and glad she owned up to Jake that it was her lie that ruined everything.

Glad Sonny and Alexis don't buy Kristina's weak lie. I know Alexis doesn't have a problem with Sonny, but I thought it was kind of rude of Kristina to just invite Sonny to the wedding without discussing it with the bride and groom.

I want to marry this post and make babies with it. Seriously, I totally agree with everything you wrote. 

• Love 5

I don't understand this. Jake didn't do anything to make Sam fall down the stairs. Why the sarcasm?

Ugh, Nik is THE WORST. And tomorrow we have to suffer through a love scene with him and Rebecca Budig. 

Jason blamed Jake for what happened to Sam today, and even Sam was acting like she forgave him or some bullshit. It was gross. The only person to blame for Sam being hurt is Sam, but she will never tell Jason why she really went to Liz's house, and that Jake ran because she confronted him about lying, but I guess even children have to prop the wonder that is Jasam.

• Love 4

This is the guy who got together with Emily in the home her husband, Zander, got for them, so I think his current crappy behavior has a bit of a precedent.

Maybe the tumor started growing around that time? It wasn't completely like this he first came to PC or when Four Names played him.

Edited by Ambrosefolly

Yep.  And then there's that whole cheating on Emily because she didn't get over being raped by his doppelganger quickly enough for his liking.  He's been a douchebag for quite some time.  I do think it started with what you're mentioning - when he and Emily shit all over Zander.  That was the genesis of Nik as selfish douchebag.  He's just evolved from there to the Lord of the Douches he's become.  

• Love 2

Sam said it herself that Jake had NOTHING to do with her fall.  She never once said he needed her forgiveness, HE was the one blaming himself so she went and reassured him that it wasn't his fault. 

I am not sure about nuDoc.  His acting still seems a little off to me.  Hopefully it's just first day jitters and he eases into it.  He is pretty nice to look at, but so is Nathan and that's not enough for me to not ff his scenes now.

• Love 10

Leo is a baby. How is being photographed breast-feeding invading his privacy? He's getting nourishment in the most natural way possible. If he were 5 years old, that would be a different story. But he's not.

No, Julian is on to something here. With the internet and social media, the breastfeeding pix and controversy are going to be easily googled and accessed for years. Bullies will get wind of it and the kid will be teased as soon as his peer group hits second grade or can read. I don't believe that Julian's concern is a Neanderthal reaction. He's aware of bullying and peer pressure among guys. Olivia is very short-sighted. It would matter less if the baby was not identified; but Leo would still get teased because the woman in the picture is his mother.

• Love 3
No, Julian is on to something here. With the internet and social media, the breastfeeding pix and controversy are going to be easily googled and accessed for years. Bullies will get wind of it and the kid will be teased as soon as his peer group hits second grade or can read. I don't believe that Julian's concern is a Neanderthal reaction. He's aware of bullying and peer pressure among guys. Olivia is very short-sighted. It would matter less if the baby was not identified; but Leo would still get teased because the woman in the picture is his mother.

I disagree. Vehemently. But neither of us will change the other's mind.

• Love 2

Of all the things I've ever heard kids tease each other about, I don't ever think I've heard anything along the lines of "well your mother breastfeed you when you were an infant."  Considering that, these days, the bulk of his classmates will probably have also been breastfed, it's just not a big deal.  And the embarrassing picture aspect of it, well, Leo should be able to troll some old social media posts from any of those kids' parents to find far more embarrassing stuff to throw back at them.  It would be his breastfeeding picture versus Billy's naked in the bath tub picture. Or Bobby beaming proudly into the camera after he's smeared his poop all over the bed, the wall, and himself.  Embarrassing pictures all all over social media. A lot of parents have no filter. 

Griffin's acting isn't horrible but his voice and one upraised eyebrow come off as very Dr Drake Ramoray/John Black,  respectively.

Now I really need to check out his scenes.  Just, please, please, do not let him become a Sonny ass kisser.  We're out of vacancies in the Sonny Ass Kissing Motel. 

• Love 4

Griffin's acting isn't horrible but his voice and one upraised eyebrow come off as very Dr Drake Ramoray/John Black,  respectively.

For me, he comes off as so much of a Xerox of Patrick visually and audibly that it's distracting as hell. Maybe it's because he's still new?

• Love 1
s.  Just, please, please, do not let him become a Sonny ass kisser.

He's being pretty indulgent with Sonny lying for dumb reasons. (Paraphrase: "Sometimes you're stronger when people think you're weak.") I suspect their common love of saints isn't the only thing they have in common, so don't hold your breath that Griffin will dislike Sonny.

• Love 1

He's being pretty indulgent with Sonny lying for dumb reasons. (Paraphrase: "Sometimes you're stronger when people think you're weak.") I suspect their common love of saints isn't the only thing they have in common, so don't hold your breath that Griffin will dislike Sonny.

You couldn't just let me have that for a while?  Yeah, I'm sure it will end up that he'll become to mob doctor or something - stitching up stab wounds and removing bullets without asking questions.  Only for the "good" mob, of course.  

• Love 1

For some reason I don't think he will be extensively involved with Sonny. It will probably be ME character #4. Which, is that like jumping from the frying pan . . . maybe not into the fire but the other side of the pan?

• Love 1

Jason blamed Jake for what happened to Sam today, and even Sam was acting like she forgave him or some bullshit. It was gross. The only person to blame for Sam being hurt is Sam, but she will never tell Jason why she really went to Liz's house, and that Jake ran because she confronted him about lying, but I guess even children have to prop the wonder that is Jasam.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Sam fell down the stupid stairs and yet we have Liz and Jason acting like Sam's fall was Jake's fault and Sam was bestowing some great act of forgiveness on Jake. It just irks.

• Love 3

I loved all the Jason and Sam stuff. I really thought Jason acts kind of adorable around Sam with his expression and face pulls. He seemed much more his animated self in the last scene when she asked him to break her out of the hospital. The grin was adorable.

What a shock I tell you that Liz is going to end up at Nik's .....RME

Nik is a douche but he looked really hott in that navy peacoat.

I thought what Sam did for DNAJ was touching and Liz was very much going OVERBOARD with the praise of Sam I think for Jake's sake to kind of counterbalance the hate.

I felt really bad for Liz in the hall. She truly does have lots of supportive friends but still as a single mom in some ways feels all alone. BH did a good job with that today.

Not a huge Molly fan but her looks in finding out Parker is a woman were very good. I thought the whole scene with Kristina's little family by the elevator was very good. Kristina and Sonny have good chemistry. I think after Sam warned her mom was on to her she thought having Sonny come to the wedding would help keep the focus of her.

Dillion annoys me to no end b/c he just comes across as stirring up trouble under the guise of being all innocent. I did LOL at the giant anvil of Hayden being his sister.RME

• Love 3
I felt really bad for Liz in the hall. She truly does have lots of supportive friends but still as a single mom in some ways feels all alone. BH did a good job with that today.

After getting off the phone with the boys, you could see that everything was really sinking in.

• Love 1

I'm just not seeing how Liez is having the truck backed over her

Nikolas showing up is the first time Liz has a friend in her corner since Jake got hit and her house blew up. I assume ex-MIL Laura will show up soon. But thanks to TPTB (and outside professional opportunities for actors), Liz doesn't have any of her old/other friends anymore. Yes, Felix sent around an e-mail asking for help for her, but they're hardly good friends. I don't think they've ever had more than a surface conversation about men. Liz has been a nurse there for a long time now, it's not surprising that people in a caring profession would want to help her and her family.  Aside from Monica (the only living medical professional left of the Qs), they were not invested in Jason, so all that drama wouldn't matter to them. 

Yes, Robin briefly showed love and concern for Liz, feeling for her pain. But Robin has empathized with quite a few people who haven't been through a quarter of the hell she went through. I still remember her saying well, if not for Lisa, maybe we wouldn't appreciate our marriage as much as we do now. UGH. 

Carly sorta gave Liz a pep talk because she sees Liz and Jason being in it together  with Jake getting well again. Seems like she did it to because Jason is her BFF and feels like she should be supportive in this bad situation.

Monica actually praised Carly at the Gala re: Jason after Carly helped cover up AJ's murder by Sonny's hand, so Monica being nice and supportive of Liz as they're looking down at Jake in his hospital bed is fine with me. Jason isn't hating on Liz, so she's not hating on her either. Her grandson, his brothers and his mom need somewhere to stay now and the mansion has empty rooms, so I just see it an act of caring and generosity. Also, I think deep down Monica realizes Jason's sins in life far outweigh Liz's. 

What bothered me about the Liz/Sam/Jake/Jason scene is both the wording and how Liz now seems to be bowing down to Sam. She told Jake they were together for a "long time" - sure if you don't count the multiple break ups, the ONSs, Sam sleeping with Liz's husband, the separation while Sam was pregnant w/Danny and Jason leading Liz on, etc.  Yes I understand you can't get into all that w/a child - but the whitewashing of the JaSam history as just this enduring, great love is gross b.s. I did not like the "Mommy is bad and wrong - I'm going to leave you to bond with Good Sam and your wonderful Daddy now."  Yes, I get that Liz is finally accepting responsibility for her mistakes, but she could do that without the writers having her look like this pathetic, sad shell of a woman. 

I also find it an interesting writing choice that Liz's home, which Jason bought for her when Jake was a baby, got accidentally blown up by his wife/mother of his second son.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
I did not like the "Mommy is bad and wrong - I'm going to leave you to bond with Good Sam and your wonderful Daddy now."  Yes, I get that Liz is finally accepting responsibility for her mistakes, but she could do that without the writers having her look like this pathetic, sad shell of a woman. 

IMO the past few days are the first time she HASN'T looked like a sad pathetic shell of a woman in a long time.   Her taking ownership of what she did and explaining to Jake that it wasn't SAM'S fault Jason left was a huge step for her.   Keeping a man's identity and keeping him from his children is sad and pathetic.  Finally realizing she did something pretty freaking despicable is putting on her big girl panties and growing up.  But MMV of course. 

• Love 19

I always enjoy the Davis Girls. They all have great chemistry together.

I do too, and it helps to remind me of some of the good parts of Guza, especially with Lexi back, it's just very Guza-like. And I recently re-watched Sam's all too-brief hearing loss story which were some of the best Davis girls scenes and these were a nice reminder of those.

Agreed, and I also think that black looked great on her today. I was so glad to get rid of that pink sweater, this new black one was very complimentary for her coloring. She looked great in it. And BH was really good today, she made me feel horrible for Cam, who I don't really care about. But that one-sided phone conversation was really good from her.

Loved Molly's reaction to Parker, Jason teasing Sam, Sam's natural, makeup free look and her wanting to get home to Danny.

I would have been overjoyed once upon a time for Nik/Hayden sex scenes tomorrow, but it's just ick now. And I still hate TC's tattoos, although on my crap TV it was helpful to know who that was so thanks I guess?

About the only time Sonny isn't the absolute worst is when he's with Krissy, but I still hate him and want him dismembered or put through a woodchipper.

Maxie and The Tree are a snore and a half.

the whitewashing of the JaSam history as just this enduring, great love is gross b.s.

I don't think it is BS. Their relationship goes back over a decade, and while it was certainly not good all the time and they weren't together the entire time, they have a lasting relationship from when Molly was a little kid with AR's Morgan. You might not like them as a couple, but it doesn't mean that they didn't love each other. They've been through hell and back, and they're married with a child. What else would you call it? As far as I'm concerned, they're each other's true love. Sam was certainly never with anyone that she loved as much as Jason, and Jason while he had other loves, I believe he has great love for her.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 14

I also find it an interesting writing choice that Liz's home, which Jason bought for her when Jake was a baby, got accidentally blown up by his wife/mother of his second son.

Ugh. I guess this means they're not going to burn down Wyndemere which is some bullllshiiiiit

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Ugh. I guess this means they're not going to burn down Wyndemere this is some bullllshiiiiit

Holy crap, I had forgotten about all the hoping Sam burns Wyndemere to the ground.  Now THAT would have been fucking hilarious, and definite proof that the writers troll this board.

• Love 3

(Griffin) comes off as so much of a Xerox of Patrick visually and audibly that it's distracting as hell

Yes, they both are in dire need of a haircut.  I think they just introduced Lizzie's new bestie, another former role of Patrick.

I like Molly's reaction shot when Ms. Prof. Parker was mentioned.  I'm surprised that Alexis and Sonny are suspicious.  Alexis was oblivious the other day, and Sonny usually doesn't pay attention to anyone but himself.

eta: I thought Emily bought Liz's house, or put down the down payment?

Edited by ciarra

Agreed, and I also think that black looked great on her today. I was so glad to get rid of that pink sweater, this new black one was very complimentary for her coloring. She looked great in it. And BH was really good today, she made me feel horrible for Cam, who I don't really care about. But that one-sided phone conversation was really good from her.

And this is what the show fails to realize. When a character does something horrible like sleep with another woman's husband or in Liz's case, keep someone's identity from him for months, they can't have the victimizer go through perils of Pauline in order to make her sympathetic, the person has to openly admit that their actions lead to where they are right now. Admittedly, Liz did go through perils of Pauline with Jake getting hit by a car and having her house blow up, but she realizes that if anyone is to blame for what happened, its her. 

I highly doubt however, they will have Liz, grow from this and keep distance from Jason as he figures things out and not be bitter if he picks Sam.

• Love 5

Of all the things I've ever heard kids tease each other about, I don't ever think I've heard anything along the lines of "well your mother breastfeed you when you were an infant."  Considering that, these days, the bulk of his classmates will probably have also been breastfed, it's just not a big deal.  And the embarrassing picture aspect of it, well, Leo should be able to troll some old social media posts from any of those kids' parents to find far more embarrassing stuff to throw back at them.  It would be his breastfeeding picture versus Billy's naked in the bath tub picture.

But this setup is NOT like other ordinary breastfeeding mothers from Brooklyn, or the Chicago southside, or the San Antonio barrios, or the Midwest USA. These pics are not with a Brownie camera by a proud Dad of baby in the bath. These are pictures in a nationally (internationally?) circulated magazine in which Olivia is glamorously posed, presented, and paid. Mother and baby are objects, being cleverly used by the magazine to increase their circulation and make money off the breastfeeding. It does seem like a kind of exploitation of the innocent baby, who is just trying to get his nutrition. Maxie, Neener, and Dillon are choosing shots that flatter Olivia, and are being carefully weeded to appeal emotionally to the magazine audience. And since every "glamour" fashion mag includes nuances of sexuality that play up the desireability of women in its pictures, that nuance surely attaches to Olivia's breastfeeding in these pictures too. 

Rewind moment of the day was when Molly put together "P" and "Parker" and you saw the light go off in her head, along with "The Moment You Realize Your Sister is in a Same-Sex Relationship".

pleasedon'tfuckthisuppleasedon'tfuckthisuppleasedon'tfuckthisup.....

Tracy's condition is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out.....

pleasedon'tfuckthisuppleasedon'tfuckthisuppleasedon'tfuckthisup......

• Love 6

Dillion annoys me to no end b/c he just comes across as stirring up trouble under the guise of being all innocent. 

I wish they would go this route with Dillon. It would make him interesting. Now imo he comes off as too dumb to be doing this on purpose tbh.

IMO the past few days are the first time she HASN'T looked like a sad pathetic shell of a woman in a long time.   Her taking ownership of what she did and explaining to Jake that it wasn't SAM'S fault Jason left was a huge step for her.   Keeping a man's identity and keeping him from his children is sad and pathetic.  Finally realizing she did something pretty freaking despicable is putting on her big girl panties and growing up.  But MMV of course. 

THIS. Yesterday was the first time in a very long while that Liz didn't come off as pathetic as hell. I hope it's a step in the right direction, but I sincerely doubt it.

• Love 9

THIS. Yesterday was the first time in a very long while that Liz didn't come off as pathetic as hell. I hope it's a step in the right direction, but I sincerely doubt it.

I meant that the writers have turned her into a sad, pathetic shell in this storyline; it was her posture and the sad, defeated tone about her as opposed to Jason and Sam behind her, waiting to patch things up with Jake and not seeming to feel really bad at all that Liz/this boy's home is gone. No acknowledgement that Sam used poor judgement in confronting Jake, or that she could have handled things differently by not running down the stairs/ turning on the lights, etc. Liz's house blowing up is being treated like some little oopsy.  Jason should be upset that Jake has mental health issues, just had surgery and has to recover from broken bones and internal bleeding, and also now doesn't have a home to return to. Instead, he's telling Sam he's not going to leave and that Jake will be fine - like the kid just has a broken arm or something. That's what I mean about propping - Show appearing to make Liz a shell with a broken life, while beating us over the head with the Great JaSam Love.  

• Love 6

I don't really like how BM played the scenes with Jake.  The only part I liked was when he got stern telling Jake that what he did was wrong.  I think BM was playing Jason like he was really fed up with his son.  I don't know.  Usually I think BM is pretty good with the kids, but I wasn't feeling it yesterday. 

Basically every performance BH is putting in recently just affirms why I am a fan of hers.  I get that Liz's position right now puts her on a weak footing, losing her home and Jake's saga, but I thought Becky played it as though Liz came from a sense of strength and purpose.  We have seen Liz as a strong, caring mother for the past week or so and I like that look on her.  The whole Jason/Sam dialogue is way over the top in my opinion, but I can deal with it.  

• Love 1

And Jane plays most of her scenes like a professional, no matter what. She is literally one of the only reasons to continue watching this show. She is the main reason her story won't be crap.

Billy(and some others) should take notes.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Nikolas showing up is the first time Liz has a friend in her corner since Jake got hit and her house blew up. I assume ex-MIL Laura will show up soon. But thanks to TPTB (and outside professional opportunities for actors), Liz doesn't have any of her old/other friends anymore. Yes, Felix sent around an e-mail asking for help for her, but they're hardly good friends. I don't think they've ever had more than a surface conversation about men. Liz has been a nurse there for a long time now, it's not surprising that people in a caring profession would want to help her and her family.  Aside from Monica (the only living medical professional left of the Qs), they were not invested in Jason, so all that drama wouldn't matter to them. 

Yes, Robin briefly showed love and concern for Liz, feeling for her pain. But Robin has empathized with quite a few people who haven't been through a quarter of the hell she went through. I still remember her saying well, if not for Lisa, maybe we wouldn't appreciate our marriage as much as we do now. UGH. 

Carly sorta gave Liz a pep talk because she sees Liz and Jason being in it together  with Jake getting well again. Seems like she did it to because Jason is her BFF and feels like she should be supportive in this bad situation.

Monica actually praised Carly at the Gala re: Jason after Carly helped cover up AJ's murder by Sonny's hand, so Monica being nice and supportive of Liz as they're looking down at Jake in his hospital bed is fine with me. Jason isn't hating on Liz, so she's not hating on her either. Her grandson, his brothers and his mom need somewhere to stay now and the mansion has empty rooms, so I just see it an act of caring and generosity. Also, I think deep down Monica realizes Jason's sins in life far outweigh Liz's. 

What bothered me about the Liz/Sam/Jake/Jason scene is both the wording and how Liz now seems to be bowing down to Sam. She told Jake they were together for a "long time" - sure if you don't count the multiple break ups, the ONSs, Sam sleeping with Liz's husband, the separation while Sam was pregnant w/Danny and Jason leading Liz on, etc.  Yes I understand you can't get into all that w/a child - but the whitewashing of the JaSam history as just this enduring, great love is gross b.s. I did not like the "Mommy is bad and wrong - I'm going to leave you to bond with Good Sam and your wonderful Daddy now."  Yes, I get that Liz is finally accepting responsibility for her mistakes, but she could do that without the writers having her look like this pathetic, sad shell of a woman. 

I meant that the writers have turned her into a sad, pathetic shell in this storyline; it was her posture and the sad, defeated tone about her as opposed to Jason and Sam behind her, waiting to patch things up with Jake and not seeming to feel really bad at all that Liz/this boy's home is gone. No acknowledgement that Sam used poor judgement in confronting Jake, or that she could have handled things differently by not running down the stairs/ turning on the lights, etc. Liz's house blowing up is being treated like some little oopsy.  Jason should be upset that Jake has mental health issues, just had surgery and has to recover from broken bones and internal bleeding, and also now doesn't have a home to return to. Instead, he's telling Sam he's not going to leave and that Jake will be fine - like the kid just has a broken arm or something. That's what I mean about propping - Show appearing to make Liz a shell with a broken life, while beating us over the head with the Great JaSam Love.  

I don't really like how BM played the scenes with Jake.  The only part I liked was when he got stern telling Jake that what he did was wrong.  I think BM was playing Jason like he was really fed up with his son.  I don't know.  Usually I think BM is pretty good with the kids, but I wasn't feeling it yesterday. 

Basically every performance BH is putting in recently just affirms why I am a fan of hers.  I get that Liz's position right now puts her on a weak footing, losing her home and Jake's saga, but I thought Becky played it as though Liz came from a sense of strength and purpose.  We have seen Liz as a strong, caring mother for the past week or so and I like that look on her.  The whole Jason/Sam dialogue is way over the top in my opinion, but I can deal with it.  

Yes to everything in this post! 

Sam blew up Liz's house, and no one seems to care! Now obviously Sam didn't do it on purpose, but her actions led to Liz's house being blown up. This show acting like Sam is some poor innocent victim of Jake's, is disgusting. Sam decided that she was going to confront Jake instead of going to his parents, and then fell down the stairs because she's a fucking clutz. Jake didn't do shit to her, and Jason blaming Jake was so gross. Of course I guess perfect little Sam will never actually tell him why she was at Liz's house, and why Jake ran from her. Instead she will continue to act like she's a saint in forgiving Jake, and letting Jason think that Jake's lie was to blame for her fall.

Liz basically having to bow down to Sam, and tell her child that she's the bad guy while Sam is perfect, amazing and wonderful was such a slap in the face. Its not enough that Liz and her children are homeless, but now Jake has been told that Sam is better than his mother. I mean the show might as well have flashed neon lights across the bottom of the screen that Sam and Jason are perfect, wonderful, amazing people, and Liz is an evil horrible mother. Hopefully tomorrow is the last time we see Sam with Jake because I have no desire to see the show tell me again how much better Sam is than Liz when it comes to Jake.

Also, while Jake asking if they are going to be a family again, annoys me, Jason rolling his eyes at his son, was awful. Once Sam got in the hospital, Jason started acting like he was tired of dealing with Jake, and that he was just an obligation to him. Maybe its just the way that BM is playing it, but it was obvious to me, that Jason didn't give a shit about Jake. Just let him go live his perfect little life with Danny and Sam, and leave Liz and Jake alone.

• Love 10

I didn't see much of DG's Michael but I do think I preferred him to CD. He had more of an edge.

DG's Michael was whiny.  Sort of like Morgan is now where everyone is wrong and he's just misunderstood.  I didn't like DG's version at all.  His Michael was always angry and always whining.  Jmo.

As usual, Billy Miller was weird. When he tries to look thoughtful (...I think), it comes off as bored or annoyed.  

I was amused how he scrunched his face when talking to Jake as if the scrunched face conveys emotion.  I never know what Jakeson is suppose to be feeling at any given moment.

The Davis girls are some of the few characters on the show who actually act like a real family.

The Davis girls are the best, and they DO come across as a genuine family.  I pretty much love any scene with the Davis crew.

My problem with the new doc is that he is so damn earnest - about everything!  Loosen up.

Honestly, I feel that Liz not making a big deal about Sam blowing up the house and the whole way the Jake story was resolved means that she will be sharing less, if any, more screen time with Jason and Sam. Which is a big plus for me.  So I get where you are coming from MissE, but I am so worn down by Jason/Sam/Liz that I am just glad it seems to be over.  

• Love 4

Honestly, I feel that Liz not making a big deal about Sam blowing up the house and the whole way the Jake story was resolved means that she will be sharing less, if any, more screen time with Jason and Sam. Which is a big plus for me.  So I get where you are coming from MissE, but I am so worn down by Jason/Sam/Liz that I am just glad it seems to be over.  

I'm all for less scenes with Jason, Sam and Liz, but just once it would be nice for the show to not treat Sam like the Saint of PC, and actually acknowledge when she's wrong, and when she does something bad. Yesterday just summed up Sam perfectly. She's perfect and wonderful, her whole history has been erased, and Liz will always have to bow down because she lied.  Its just beyond old as a fan to know that Liz will never win. Jason and Sam get to be perfect and in love, while Liz literally has to pick up the pieces of her life, alone. This week has given Liz fans absolutely no hope that anything good will be happening for Liz any time soon.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4