Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The sympathy tour for Liez continues. LMAO at Liez being considered a good mother. Carl and Andy live with 100 yr old Grams and Jake gets hit by another car because his mother couldnt keep track of the kid. Not to mention she cared more about keeping Jason than figuring out Jake's issues when he got back. She even lied to him and said his dad was dead. 

To play devils advocate here....It was CARLY that said it.  Not exactly a compliment IMO. 

For ALL THAT IS HOLY, GET MY GIRL OUT OF THAT DAMN BASEMENT!!!!!!!

• Love 11

Everything about the Sonny-centered way the show introduced the new doctor today (and hey - have you heard that Sonny has a friend who died from AIDS?  Doesn't that make you want to forgive all his sins?) was so eye-rolling and groan-inducing.

It's ridiculous.  He already gets to be forced on all the new women characters, and now the new men characters have to pass through the Sonny gauntlet as well?   I will never, ever understand why multiple regimes have allowed Sonny to rule this show.

• Love 7

Seriously though, Sam just laying in that basement, waiting for Jason to come rescue her is beyond stupid. I can't believe she's been down there the whole week, just crawling around like a slug, and hasn't once thought to climb up the stairs.

• Love 4

I checked in with this show and the only thing new and fresh to me is Val and that new guy at the pool table. They need to go with that pairing, it looks very good. 

I don't have a hate for Val because I'm not really a fan of this Lulu, she's bland to me. I like the original actress who played Lulu. But even she wouldn't have me hating on Val that much because I was never invested in the pairing of Dante or Lulu so...

But it would be great if Dante suffered months of blue balls while Val and Lulu moved on with really good love interests IMO.  Meanwhile Dante sat around with his blue balls and sappy looking face, something his father never has to suffer for long.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

Johnny the vicious fugitive criminal played with Val's perception that he was a decent friend, and then he mentally and physically (ropes) tortured her to die alone in a frozen dark cabin.

Then she  nearly died in a fire that Johnny originally set.The person who set all of this in motion and kept it going was LULU SPENCER, out of jealousy and revenge and vindictiveness, who sheltered Johnny, paid him, and got him a fake passport.

Now excuse me, but who is the real bitch?

Johnny vaguely said some stuff, lit a candle for light so they wouldn't attract attention, tried to scare her into thinking he was crazy, and then said See ya, leaving her tied up in a cold cabin in the woods. Torture is what Franco did to people. 

Val screaming and jostling around is what knocked the candle over. Instead of calmly trying to think of a way to get free when she was hardly minutes away from dying of hypothermia, she freaked out, the fire started accidentally.

Dante had been lying for months about breaking his marriage vows, and Val had also been lying to Lulu's face for months. She saw Dante every chance she got, and made sad faces about Dante focusing on Lulu. She blamed Lulu for the affair. Then she showed up to see Dante again and they had sex. Then she was alone with Rocco and Olivia told Lulu. That final straw is what  really set Lulu off.

The Johnny-Lulu partnership was not a good idea, but I get that she leaned on someone (yes, her criminal ex) she felt she could trust after her husband betrayed and humiliated her (with cousin Val's help). 

• Love 7

Oh, Parker and Kristina could have interest me but now it has a skeevy factor because a professor was messing around with said student the minute she invited her over to her house.  Now Kristina looks like some victim, so I'm out on that one. They lost me before it ever really began. Damn this soap still sucks, they can't get shit right.

Edited by represent

Everything about the Sonny-centered way the show introduced the new doctor today (and hey - have you heard that Sonny has a friend who died from AIDS? Doesn't that make you want to forgive all his sins?) was so eye-rolling and groan-inducing.

I haven't decided if they're using HIV/AIDS to make Griffin sympathetic to Sonny or if he has some connection to Stone or Robin.

Edited by HeatLifer

GH might be the beating heart of Port Charles, but it certainly isn't the beating heart of GH.

Carly giving Liz a pep talk was the strangest thing I've seen on GH in years. Is it bizarro day?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

That's Dante's doing, not Valerie's. If Rocco was unwell enough to need aspirin, it would have been better for a parent to stay with him in case of an emergency.

They agreed that Valerie would stay with Rocco while Dante went out to get the aspirin. She was not forced to stay with the kid, and she knew damn well how Rocco's mother felt about her. She was happy to do it, knowing it was inappropriate, because she wanted to be close to/score more points w/ Dante.

• Love 4

Rocco is Dante's kid and his responsibility. I put the blame on Dante here, regardless of what Valerie was trying to do. (She was definitely aware of how Lulu felt and all the other stuff you mentioned; I'm not disagreeing with her motives.) Dante knew how Lulu felt about Valerie being with Rocco.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I haven't decided if they're using HIV/AIDS to make Griffin sympathetic to Sonny or if he has some connection to Stone or Robin.

It would be just like this show to introduce someone connected to Stone or Robin AFTER Robin's left town.

But either way, the show has made it clear that this new doctor is gonna be All About Sonny and that bores me to tears.

• Love 7

When did Sonny start wearing a pinky ring?!

That's right, Sam. Don't try to move away from the heavy smoke pouring out of the electrical outlet. FFS. Does she have to be so stupid?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

That's Dante's doing, not Valerie's. If Rocco was unwell enough to need aspirin, it would have been better for a parent to stay with him in case of an emergency.

And Valerie offered to leave to get the aspirin.  This plot point really irritated me.  While I agree that it would have  been very inappropriate for Valerie to spend a lot of time with Rocco, I didn't get the big deal about her spending 10 minutes with the child while his father went to the store.   And I still don't get it.

As well, overreacting Olivia was the one who had unexpectedly dropped Rocco off at home that evening (the set up was that he was spending time with Olivia until Leo got sick).  So Olivia KNEW there was no great scheme planned by Valerie to take over the Rocco part of Lulu's like.  Nor had we seen Valerie with Rocco at other time since  April - and nor had we seen Olivia seeing  or commenting on seeing Valerie with Rocco at any other time.

So, for 10 measly minutes which were covered by a reasonable explanation, Olivia goes off half-cocked to Lulu - who was half-cocked herself at the time  - and rekindles the whole revenge mess.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

That's right, Sam. Don't try to move away from the heavy smoke pouring out of the electrical outlet. FFS. Does she have to be so stupid?

I'd cut her some slack on this one. While everyone in town ACTS like they've got a serious head injury, she actually has one right now.

• Love 10

They agreed that Valerie would stay with Rocco while Dante went out to get the aspirin. She was not forced to stay with the kid, and she knew damn well how Rocco's mother felt about her. She was happy to do it, knowing it was inappropriate, because she wanted to be close to/score more points w/ Dante.

??? Valerie offered to go  - but Dante was already half way out the door and told her to stay with the child.  What was she supposed to do?  Leave the kid alone?

Besides Valerie was already getting ready to leave the loft so Dante could spend alone time with his son - before the fever was noticed. 

This show is tedious.  Sonny and Carly as the reigning couple, Nina's baby rabies, Franco, Byran Craig's screeching and repeating, Sam thinking only of Jason.  It's all awful. 

Day 2 of sweeps, everyone!

Only 18 more to go!

• Love 5
Carly giving Liz a pep talk was the strangest thing I've seen on GH in years. Is it bizarro day?

What the actual fuck? If these characters were ever ALLOWED to be in character anymore, Carly would NEVER sincerely be supportive or nice to Liz or any woman unless it somehow benefited her.

There really is no hope, is there?

• Love 5

Yeah, I didn't expect Carly to punch Liz in the tits while this Jake stuff is going on, but Carly wouldn't have stuck around to support and comfort her.  She certainly wouldn't have called her a good mother (because, in Carly's world, the only good mother is herself.  Just ask her invisible daughter!).

• Love 10

And does Valerie forget that she tried to murder Lulu's father or do apologies only work when it's Valerie who is doing the "attempted murdering."  

Oh wait a minute here!  Valerie has done all kinds of wrong things - no disputing that.  BUT sometimes she is blamed for things she didn't do ... or her actions are compared in situations for which there is no comparison.   The Valerie/Luke situation was vastly different from the Johnny/Lulu/Valerie one. 

Almost killing Luke is NOT even remotely the same thing as Valerie almost dying in the revenge scenario. What happened with Luke was a few minutes of an emotional breakdown for Valerie on the same day her mother died and just after she herself had been traumatized by being held hostage and terrorized by Luke's Fluke persona.

What Lulu did was the result of a MONTH LONG conspiracy with a known criminal - a month during which Lulu had the benefit of time and of good advice from Laura, Maxie and Olivia.   A month in which Lulu had time and opportunity to abort her scheme.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

This one's on the babysitter, not Liz.

That one is on Jason who got the babysitter, he was the last parent with Jake. His lazy ass doesn't even have a job so why did he need a babysitter?

When she's in Jason s/l and being Jason shadow yes. Jason has never done good to the character of Sam

One would thing Billy Miller would do more than sleepwalk through his scenes with his allege real life girlfriend Kelly Monaco. He's terrible, he needs to move on.

Isn't there some rumor this new doc

may be a Scorpio through Mac?

If so, there's the connection to Robin.

Yeah, but last I read, that was still just spec. I don't think it was rooted in any real spoiler.

Griffin is really a mesh of Scrubs, though. Neurosurgeon w/ a connection to HIV/AIDS.

Carly wouldn't have stuck around to support and comfort her.  She certainly wouldn't have called her a good mother (because, in Carly's world, the only good mother is herself.

Well, Carly did fall in love with, and planned to marry the psycho who arranged Michael's rape in prison, and expected Michael to get over it (he didn't meant it! It was the tumor!). Not to mention the little fact that she covered up who killed Michael's father, and was never apologetic about it. Not to mention, she had no problems with the useless idiot who slept with, and broke the hearts of both her sons. And, apparently, Joss lives on her own when she isn't visiting Jax, because I've never seen her at Sonny's.

So, grading on a Carly curve, Liz is a good mother. 

• Love 7

So, grading on a Carly curve, Liz is a good mother. 

Compared to Carly, Liz is the patron saint of mothers. 

I'd cut her some slack on this one. While everyone in town ACTS like they've got a serious head injury, she actually has one right now.

I know, I hate this story line, but the reason she isn't running up those stairs is kind of obvious.  She clearly has a head injury, combined with fumes that keep making her pass out.  And it really looks like she re-injured her hip, so getting up is a no go.  And she probably would have attempted to crawl away from the fumes and smoke, but she clearly passed out again. 

• Love 1

Compared to Carly, Liz is the patron saint of mothers. 

I know, I hate this story line, but the reason she isn't running up those stairs is kind of obvious.  She clearly has a head injury, combined with fumes that keep making her pass out.  And it really looks like she re-injured her hip, so getting up is a no go.  And she probably would have attempted to crawl away from the fumes and smoke, but she clearly passed out again. 

In the time that she crawled back and forth across the basement though, she could have crawled up the stairs. She's just waiting for her precious Jason to come save her.

• Love 1

Is there anyone who does not think Griffith and Lucas should hook up?

Jake can't even lie in bed convincingly. I kept giggling at his face. I'm awful.

I know Kristina and Molly were sneaking out because Kristina is not supposed to be in P.C., but them trying to get away when Morgan came in was still funny. Uncool of Molly to read the diary though.

Lord,  Morgan, anyone who is around you for more than 5 minutes voluntarily loves you for more than sex.

Shut. up. Nina. Has she considered the kid at all and what kind of life it might have with her and Franco? I hate situations where I can say I'm 100% on Franco's side.

• Love 6

That one is on Jason who got the babysitter, he was the last parent with Jake. His lazy ass doesn't even have a job so why did he need a babysitter?

Jason was just there waiting for Liz's babysitter because WORST BABYSITTER EVER was late and didn't bother to call

• Love 1

Is there anyone who does not think Griffith and Lucas should hook up?

Jake can't even lie in bed convincingly. I kept giggling at his face. I'm awful.

I know Kristina and Molly were sneaking out because Kristina is not supposed to be in P.C., but them trying to get away when Morgan came in was still funny. Uncool of Molly to read the diary though.

Lord,  Morgan, anyone who is around you for more than 5 minutes voluntarily loves you for more than sex.

Shut. up. Nina. Has she considered the kid at all and what kind of life it might have with her and Franco? I hate situations where I can say I'm 100% on Franco's side.

I don't think Griffin and Lucas should hook up. Lucas has Brad. 

• Love 1

Jason didn't hire the babysitter, Liz did. She was waiting for the sitter when Jason showed up. Liz was late for work so he told her he'd stay with Jake until the sitter arrived. At least that's how I remember it.

Day 2 of sweeps, everyone!

Only 18 more to go!

I will give this sweeps this much, it was worse last year. It was (kinda) good (last year) for about a week, and then Sonny threw the bomb off the boat and it was pretty much done from there. Then the rest of the month was random guest stars. This year I admit to a kind of interest into what ridiculously stupid thing Morgan is going to do next, and the Parker/Kristina thing. But it's only day 2 of sweeps, so who knows what this year's version of Sonny throwing a bomb off the boat could be.

• Love 3

I am curious about Hells' upcoming will reading.  Which reminds me, Scotty going to tell Laura about it felt like a "see you tomorrow!" cliffhanger, but we never checked back in on them this week, did we.

• Love 3

Rocco is Dante's kid and his responsibility. I put the blame on Dante here, regardless of what Valerie was trying to do. (She was definitely aware of how Lulu felt and all the other stuff you mentioned; I'm not disagreeing with her motives.) Dante knew how Lulu felt about Valerie being with Rocco.

It was both their fault. Dante should have stayed with him, and Valerie should have insisted that Dante be the one to stay too. But I confrontation, so I personally I would have ran off before the possibility of the ex who hates me could possibly catch me with her kid, heh.

This show is tedious.  Sonny and Carly as the reigning couple, Nina's baby rabies, Franco, Byran Craig's screeching and repeating, Sam thinking only of Jason.  It's all awful.  And why does BC think he's worthy of any sort of award anyway?  Even one as watered down and meaningless as a daytime Emmy?  He's not good, and I think he's actually gotten worse the longer he's been on this show.

Because everyone and their mother and the audience (including me, I admit it) were saying he should have won for his work in 2013. And then he didn't win and now I think everyone over at the show really wants to get him one to prove they found the next new hot thing/Frank Valentini just really wants to get the show as many Emmys as possible and Bryan isn't a horrible actor in a weak category, so it should be an easy shoo-in, except it is not as easy as they thought apparently, heh.

Oh, and can you imagine if Nina and Morgan had a one on one scene? It would take 10 minutes between all the repeating.

Everything about the Sonny-centered way the show introduced the new doctor today (and hey - have you heard that Sonny has a friend who died from AIDS?  Doesn't that make you want to forgive all his sins?) was so eye-rolling and groan-inducing. 

As soon as he said "1995" I snorted so loud I didn't hear what he said next. And I thought he meant Lily at first.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I'm just going to assume that some idiot writer has mistaken Sam for Brenda and that's why they're writing her like this. I could see Sleeves being this stupid. 

The Carly/Liez scenes were devastating for me. At least I know Carly is (probably) being nice to Kiki as a way to stick it to Ava. What am I supposed to do with this shit? I'm supposed to believe Carly would comfort Liez even though Joss didn't get an organ from DNAJ and Jason wasn't even around to hear her? Was Monica and basically Jason absolving Liez not enough? DNAJ getting run over again is just a cheap way for these lazy ass writers to avoid having to spend time redeeming Liez. Now everyone has to tell her what a super mother she is because her brat got ran over again.

• Love 11

To be fair to Sam, Dante pretty much did the same exact thing last year. He even made it halfway up the stairs and then decided for some reason he couldn't make it anymore, and then he had to wait around for a man (Nathan) to rescue him, heh.

Oh, re: yesterday's Sam and Jason scenes, they didn't bother me because I thought Miller was too robotic, they bothered me because he delivered them in the same "hyuck hyuck hey there little buddy, get up and run out of this darn basement!" tone he does (imo) most of his stuff in.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Kiki spelled 'exquisitely' in Scrabble? No.

I refuse to let this stand. That's an eleven letter word, a player only has seven tiles. It can't happen. And how does she earn 180 points with a triple word score, when she would have to use all seven of her tiles, earning a 50 point bonus. Meaning she scored 130 points with a triple word score. 

Not mathematically possible.

I will tolerate worm holes, plot holes, and characters admiring Sonny, but you don't mess with Scrabble. They had the game right there! The rules are on the box! Dammit show- be better!

I assume that's just how Kiki does math. 

• Love 5