Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My deal with Sonny wanting to kill Julian is Sonny is a mob boss and how many times now has Julian swore he was going straight just to either being lying or renege. It bothers me more how Anna is acting about Carlos as Robert rightly pointed out. At least Julian and Sonny are both bad guys. Anna is supposed to be a good guy but her whole vendetta is to avenge Duke not that Carlos is just a bad person that needs to be caught.

Anna is trying to avenge Duke same as Sonny. Sonny is telling Julian his plan to his face and I don't feel a bit sorry for Julian. Just as I don't feel sorry for Carlos either.

The only time I ever liked Sonny (and Mo's portrayal God help me) was when Julian and Sonny were in jail together and worked together to break out of jail to save their sons.  I liked the two of them as "frenemies". Their conversations were entertaining and they were helping each other. I found that interesting to watch. But this all-consuming hatred and Sonny acting all "la la la I can't hear you" when Julian talks about a truce is awful, boring and disgusting. And stupid.

.I agree with you, and this in a nutshell is what's wrong with the show. You have the same people, having the same conversations, doing the same things, never changing, etc. Over and over ad nauseum. And while some consistency in relationships is good-the whole point of the show is to make us want to tune in tomorrow to see what someone is going to do or say. If we already know what they are going to do or say, there's no point in tuning in, when you can bring up months, even years old, scenes on YT and get the basics.

This show consistently puts forth front and center, some very low energy actors, playing characters who are in the same conflicts and relationships they were years, even decades, ago.

It isn't interesting to me. As silly as the whole Tracy/Ashton thing was, at least it was unexpected, especially them getting stoned. It was a surprise.

When is the last time Liz, Sam, Jason, Carly, Sonny, Julian, Alexis, Ava, surprised anyone or did something that made anyone hit the repeat button ?  I'll never understand why some of the most predictable characters get the most airtime.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

Sonny is beginning to remind me of Bobby Brady in that Brady Bunch series that aired in the early 90s. He was paralyzed for some reason, but every week he'd find a reason to stand up. Mike sworn in as Mayor, Bobby stands up. Jan adopts a baby, Bobby stands up. Marcia won't admit she has a drinking problem, Bobby stands up. I'm not really sure why he thought he was paralyzed.

The Bradys! The dramatic 1990 TV show where the fucking Brady Bunch, of all people (and I say this as an unapologetic die hard fan, mind you) tried to be thirtysomething! Bobby had become a race car driver (the line "I dropped out of college to become a race car driver", from A Very Brady Christmas, STILL cracks me up), and was in a bad racing accident that left him paralyzed. And his wife was Martha Quinn from MTV. Priceless. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

Anna is trying to avenge Duke same as Sonny.

The show keeps trying to tell me that Sonny and Duke were, like, best friends forever, but I'm just not buying.  Duke getting sucked into Sonny's orbit - recall Shawn manhandling Duke into Sonny's office to give information on Julian - pretty much destroyed his life and eventually got him killed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Sonny and Carly showing up at Morgan's workplace was strange. They are becoming such helicopter parents around him and Avery.

I find it very suspicious that Sonny and Carly did not have problems with the sexual side of their relationship when he was paralyzed. Was such an issue ever mentioned by them or his doctor? Instead we got a couple of moobey shots of the couple in the living room with champagne during the holidays, with longing looks of love etc. No hints of stress or concern that his equipment wasn't working,  yet he was apparently so paralyzed that he couldn't stand by himself. Seems like a huge gap in the story. Why, Show?

• Love 1

Sonny's mad someone else killed Duke before he eventually would have.

Or he thought of Duke as another of his possessions, and he feels "disrespected." This is genuinely personal for Anna, but Sonny just doesn't like to lose.

Anyway, nobody's going to pay, anyway, just like every other killing in this town. Is there a point to any of this?

Maybe the surprise ending will be Duke turning up alive: "you guys, I was stuck up in a tree this whole time!"

• Love 14

Sonny and Carly showing up at Morgan's workplace was strange. They are becoming such helicopter parents around him and Avery.

I find it very suspicious that Sonny and Carly did not have problems with the sexual side of their relationship when he was paralyzed. Was such an issue ever mentioned by them or his doctor? Instead we got a couple of moobey shots of the couple in the living room with champagne during the holidays, with longing looks of love etc. No hints of stress or concern that his equipment wasn't working, yet he was apparently so paralyzed that he couldn't stand by himself. Seems like a huge gap in the story. Why, Show?

I'm sure both of them were thinking about Jason at the time.

• Love 2

I'm not particularly a Sam fan, but I CANNOT with her having to stand there and be scolded by Franco, the SERIAL KILLER who strapped her to a bomb, drugged her, and then let her think he raped her. 

And WTF with Franco suddenly being Liz's staunchest ally and bestie?  It makes no goddamn sense.

Stop trying to making Franco, happen, Show!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 20

Morgan, I don't know how much improvement and maturity it shows that you come to Kiki's place of work, while she's working, and lay that all on her and harass her on it all over the restaurant.  I mean, the girl's got a lot going on, waiting tables, busing tables, hosting...  I think I've even seen her working the bar.  That's a lot of work to get done in a shift, especially when she spends so much of it talking to her mother, her uncle, the DA, her ex...

Is it wrong of me that I'm starting to like HE a bit?  Just a bit!  I mean, I don't love her and I wouldn't miss her if she were gone, but, yeah, she's growing on me.  Maybe like a wart?

I would really like to know what qualifies Sonny as a mobster, since he won't sully his hands with any of the things that typically make a mobster.  It really is gummi bears, isn't it?  Man, that coffee warehouse is a beehive of activity!  Obviously a legit business and not a front for mob money.  Why has the RICO squad never gotten after him, again?

I wonder if they're going to kill off Carlos for reals this time.  It'd clear the way for Sabrina and Michael, and would temporarily reprieve Paul and Julian from Anna's investigation.  I hope they don't, because I like him, but all that sappy talk about having a daughter made me wonder.  I guess Paul is the one who called the cops on Anna and Robert?

• Love 4

I'm not particularly a Sam fan, but I CANNOT with her having to stand there and be scolded by Franco, the SERIAL KILLER who strapped her to a bomb, drugged her, and then let her think he raped her. 

I get the outrage at that, but then I remember all the tap dancing that went on to make Sam relevant.  Up to and including making her related to Alexis. I remember many "do you love her yets", welfare projects nicknames, etc. I remember many scenes with Sam way up on her high horse, passing judgement on people she didn't know from Adam. So I just can't drudge up any outrage myself, I kind of see it as maybe it's her turn to be on the receiving end. Should it be FRANCO? Well, no. But then, many of the people she's declared herself better than...she isn't. It shouldn't have been SAM, telling off many of the people she's told off over the years. I can't take someone who loved a hitman, and constantly sang his praises, seriously if and when she berates *anyone else*. I've said it before, Jason/Franco. Eh. They are the same.

Or he thought of Duke as another of his possessions, and he feels "disrespected." This is genuinely personal for Anna, but Sonny just doesn't like to lose.

Anyway, nobody's going to pay, anyway, just like every other killing in this town. Is there a point to any of this?

Maybe the surprise ending will be Duke turning up alive: "you guys, I was stuck up in a tree this whole time!"

I think this is Sonny's major issue with most people-he feels "disrespected" because one of his possessions is threatened/taken away/injured.

It's about winning power and respect. It's not about any real love for anyone.

• Love 9

I get the outrage at that, but then I remember all the tap dancing that went on to make Sam relevant. 

You are not comparing Sam, even early stages Sam, to Franco because there's no comparison to be made.

For starters, she didn't murder or rape any permanent character .....

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 11

I get the outrage at that, but then I remember all the tap dancing that went on to make Sam relevant.  Up to and including making her related to Alexis. I remember many "do you love her yets", welfare projects nicknames, etc. I remember many scenes with Sam way up on her high horse, passing judgement on people she didn't know from Adam. So I just can't drudge up any outrage myself, I kind of see it as maybe it's her turn to be on the receiving end. Should it be FRANCO? Well, no. But then, many of the people she's declared herself better than...she isn't. It shouldn't have been SAM, telling off many of the people she's told off over the years. I can't take someone who loved a hitman, and constantly sang his praises, seriously if and when she berates *anyone else*. I've said it before, Jason/Franco. Eh. They are the same.

I think this is Sonny's major issue with most people-he feels "disrespected" because one of his possessions is threatened/taken away/injured.

It's about winning power and respect. It's not about any real love for anyone.

So, because Sam was "judgmental" in the past. She should stand there and let the guy who ruined her honeymoon and made her believe he raped can scold her? I didn't know that is how it worked. 

Also, Jason might not be a good person but he never kidnapped children/women, had a kid raped in prison, and made a woman believe her raped her. Franco is much worse than he is. 

• Love 11

You are not comparing Sam, even early stages Sam, to Franco because there's no comparison to be made.

For starters, she didn't murder or rape any permanent character .....

I'm comparing the judgemental attitude and behavior. Yup. Sure am. And I'll continue to do so.

So, because Sam was "judgmental" in the past. She should stand there and let the guy who ruined her honeymoon and made her believe he raped can scold her? I didn't know that is how it worked. 

Also, Jason might not be a good person but he never kidnapped children/women, had a kid raped in prison, and made a woman believe her raped her. Franco is much worse than he is. 

Yeah, Jason just terrorized a woman by spreading out a tarp because he was getting ready to kill her.

• Love 2

Sam is really disgusting. Jake's therapy is none of her business. She is nothing to Jake, and I'm pretty sure she would lose her shit, if Liz were going around asking doctors and therapists about Danny if he were in this situation. Her entitlement is like nothing I've ever seen.

• Love 5

I didn't see Sam asking a doctor or therapist, I saw her talking to a SERIAL KILLER. ;)

It's pretty gross that the legitimate trauma Jake probably suffered being snatched from his family and growing up in captivity - which could have been a dramatic, soapy story for several players - has been reduced to this plot point in The War For Jason's Dong, Part Infinity.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I didn't see Sam asking a doctor or therapist, I saw her talking to a SERIAL KILLER. ;)

It's pretty gross that the legitimate trauma Jake probably suffered being snatched from his family and growing up in captivity - which could have been a dramatic, soapy story for several players - has been reduced to this plot point in The War For Jason's Dong, Part Infinity.

Franco is Jake's therapist whether I like it or not, and regardless of his past, Jake is none of Sam's business. His therapy is none of her business.

• Love 7

This, I can agree on. Jason's no prize.

• Love 1

Franco is Jake's therapist whether I like it or not, and regardless of his past, Jake is none of Sam's business. His therapy is none of her business.

...I was making a joke, hence the winky face. 

Just...the idea of Franco feeling compelled to adhere to any kind of doctorly oath is so laughable to me.  But yeah, of course, it's not information Sam is entitled to. 

• Love 8

Lulu: I need you to help me get Dante back

me:

SonnySelf_zps646ce911.jpg

That montage of bad acting Jake was amazing.

I don't even know where to begin to pick up apart the doubleshit twins' conversation. I'll be around here even more than I usually am. Maybe I will just touch on this

Morgan: We're both damaged goods.

Swoon! Look, Kiki has a checkered relationship history, but she has nothing on Morgan. 

• Love 10

This, I can agree on. Jason's no prize. Both Sam and Liz are better off far, far away. Jason *Morgan* (not Q) has always struck me as asexual, anyway.

• Love 2

Jason's FACE when he saw that drawing of Samara. I give BM all the Emmys for not busting out laughing.

Jason was probably making a note to hisself thinking to get a paternity test on the little psycho lol.

• Love 7

Ugh at Sam having anything to do with disgusting Franco.

She could stab him in the throat…I'd watch that.

Now if Sam was able to at least backhand Franco and he said, "I deserved that", I could be almost okay with those scenes. Almost. Because stabbing.

• Love 10

So I'm wearing my I love Sonny T-Shirt....... admit it you missed me. Let the snarky replies begin.

It's so funny you would post today because I was just thinking about you and your Sonny love!

You have the same people, having the same conversations, doing the same things, never changing, etc.

I swear Sonny/Carly/Morgan have had literally the exact same scenes over and over again for like the last 5 eps they've shared scenes in. Like legit I think they have just been using the same scripts in multiple episodes. Hell, in multiple scenes within one episode!

All right. Maybe this belongs in the UO section but....I think Mo is hot with the scruff/beard. I mean, like really hot.

SorryNotSorry

I prefer it when he doesn't dye it with shoe polish. He looks hot as fuck when it's gray. But I agree that he's hot even when it's shoe polish black.

Is it wrong of me that I'm starting to like HE a bit?  Just a bit!  I mean, I don't love her and I wouldn't miss her if she were gone, but, yeah, she's growing on me.  Maybe like a wart?

She's been slowing growing on me for quite awhile. I actually wish they'd move her out of Morgan's orbit so I could more fully enjoy her. Oh, and she'd have to stop being Carly's #1 cheerleader, which still makes no damn sense to me.

Sam is not making Jakeson think anything of you. YOU are the cause of his opinions of you. 

Liz is 100% nuts. Like there's no doubt. She needs to seek therapy almost as much as Jake and Jason do. 

I went looking for the scene where RH's Todd told Sonny that he was going to kill him with a gun he was responsible for bringing into PC and lo and behold I found it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq_7P_QcZ7Q

Damm RH was great in that scene.

I wonder why Sonny's under-roos are in such a knot over Ava doing the same thing.

Shhhh, you're not supposed to remember that! You're supposed to forget Todd was a thing and that Sonny isn't actually a good man.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Jason took his nephew, he kept his nephew from his father. He took him home from the hospital. That's kidnapping.jason is a pig..He also told Sam to get an abortion when he thought Danny was Franco's What exactly makes Jason any better than Franco ?

• Love 7

Sam haven't given Franco the time of day for years until Jakeson, Liz and their creepy son happened. Now she is stopping Franco and imploring him for information about Jake?

Sort of. But really it was Sam trying to walk away from Franco and him following her and being all, "hey, remember when I pretended to rape you? Good times. Let's get coffee sometime!" and then morphing into him lecturing her about how mean she is to poor, put-upon Liz. He was the one who volunteered the information that Jake was having "problems" as part of his "poor Liz" BS, so I don't blame Sam for asking him what he meant by that. When he refused to say more, she pointed out what we've all been saying here, that the idea of him as some kind of therapist who adheres to rules of professional conduct is one of this show's more ridiculous gambits and told him if he's not going to tell her then he should at least tell Liz and Jason, which come to think of it, he hasn't done. He said something to Kevin, who's not even Jake's doctor, and now to Sam, but he's not exactly explaining to the little freak's parents that he's a little freak. And if anyone would know, it would be Franco.

Kiki's whole job seems to be waiting for her mother or Morgan to come in to the restaurant to try to convince her to have a relationship with them.

• Love 17

Well think I'm ready to jump back in here. I've been trolling for a few weeks and you guys are still throwing some great punches. I had to give it up last May b/c it was so terrible. Over Christmas I watch a few shows and I gotta say I started enjoying it again. I know you lifers hate some things that don't bother me but on a whole the writing is 10 times better than it was early last yr. Not to say there aren't some stinkers like this whole breast feeding in public thing what is it 1975? Is this really an issue in 2016?

This is not a storyline worthy topic its a roundtable discussion topic. I have no problem with women breastfeeding in public but honestly there are alot of mothers  who seems to make a big deal about it for attention. Why do you have to stand in the middle of the aisle in Target to breastfeed? Why do you have to take breastfeeding selfies during you're college graduation ceremony?  And the ones who say breasts aren't sexual objects better never use their in the act again.

But really it was Sam trying to walk away from Franco and him following her and being all, "hey, remember when I pretended to rape you? Good times. Let's get coffee sometime!" and then morphing into him lecturing her about how mean she is to poor, put-upon Liz.

This actually happened. For real. I still can't believe it. Like I do not know how TPTB want us to respond to Franco at this point. It's all just so bizarre to me. This combined with them writing Sonny as the biggest pos on the planet while they have everyone wax poetic about how wonderful he is just makes my head hurt so much.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 15

I still don't understand why they chose to make him Franco rather than Steven Webber, aside from some misguided attempt to turn him into a bizzaro imitation of Todd Manning.

That said, I can understand the frustration some have with mob apologists on this show being the moral authority on any issue. Although it would be better to have Mac, Robert or Anna as that voice of reason.

We've seen Jason's crimes for much longer. Jason helped Carly keep Michael from

AJ, threatened to kill Maria for being a witness, helped Courtney get away with trying to kill a cop, helped Sonny ruin AJ's chances to be a father (with Sonny kidnapping and torturing AJ in the process), started a war with Lorenzo after shooting Diego and getting him arrested (after the former went legit), kidnapped Johnny, and has done a number of reprehensible things over the years. I can see why people view them both on the same repugnant level.

• Love 10

This actually happened. For real. I still can't believe it. Like I do not know how TPTB want us to respond to Franco at this point.

Right? Like, is Franco being Liz's cheerleader supposed to be part of her redemption? Is that what they're thinking? Because that's not good thinking. The thing is, I can see that Liz is never going to have to pay for her lie in splashy, soapy fashion and at this point it's too late anyway, so I would prefer that they proceed with making her good (or at least semi-good with an awesome bitchface) and rootable again, but using Franco as a character witness? No no no.

• Love 12