Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I bet everyone longs for much simpler days when these threads were filled with my Patrick rants.

Now all y'all feel me, don't you!?

:)

Hey now, I always felt you! I felt you long and hard! In the night and in the day! Sometimes I just got exhausted, is all. :p

I am sorry, I am team Lulu on this issue, but ER's acting today was.....not great.  Her "breakdown" at that last scene was embarrassingly bad. 

Yeah, she's still not so great with crying. And probably will not ever be. I'm team Lulu, but I'd still be fine with a recast . . . at this point I don't think it's coming though.

• Love 3

It's a good thing Laura is back on the show because she has a busy schedule.  Trying to stop her adult children and daughter in law from killing or harming people, and babysitting her grandchildren who are just left with her overnight without any explanation.  I liked her exasperation with Lulu today.

Dante was annoying and Lulu was pathetic.  What I want to know is, why would Valerie stay quiet?  So Johnny covered for Lulu, she won't be charged but Valerie could sure be screaming it from the rooftops.  She likes to scream.

• Love 3

So yes, he knows how wackadoodle she can get. And it's not like he can't be upset, but it's like Sonny said (ye gods, Sonny is the voice of reason, someone hold me), maybe, just MAYBE he could look around and say, hey, maybe my giant asshole attitude contributed to her feeling desperate and alone?

I know! I was shocked (and cringing) that Sonny of all people was speaking the God's honest truth and telling Dante that maybe he should think about his behavior that contributed to what happened. But, of course, Dante basically shot that down, and acted like he'd been so horribly contrite over what he had done, when once the Valerie lie came out, he was nothing but contrite with Lulu and basically blamed her for everything.

FilmTVGeek80 I was going to quote your whole post, you said everything I was thinking today, especially the Laura nonsense.  Her reaction to what Lulu did vs what Nikolas did was ridiculous.  Regardless of what ended up happening to Val Lulu did not INTENTIONALLY want Valerie dead or even harmed.  Yet her saint son actively hired someone to SHOOT A WOMAN IN THE HEAD for MONEY.  Lulu was emotional and hurt, she wasn't thinking straight.  Nikolas was cold and calculated.  And she continues to coddle Liz, someone who made her own damn bed yet insists on still blaming Sam for everything.  So Laura, STFU.  You win for most annoying today, even over Dante.

What's even worse than her coddling Liz and Nik for their horrific behavior is how diametrically opposed her reactions to Dante and Hayden have been. Dante cheated on her daughter and hurt her horribly versus Hayden who didn't do anything nearly bad enough to deserve getting shot in the head, and yet Hayden is the one that gets Laura's bitchiness and hostility. Laura has been nothing but gentle and kind with Dante. I don't expect her to go all Carly on him and act overbearing and shrill, but expressing the kind of judgemental disappointment and anger that she's directed at Sam and Hayden wouldn't be out of bounds.

• Love 11

LMAO that Liez is shocked that the man she lied to and manipulated might think she's lying and manipulating again. It's days like today when I wish the writers would just make her an unrepentant bitch and stop pretending she's supposed to be a good person. Embrace the filth.

The rain scene with Sam and Jason was cheesy, but whatever. Maybe this means he will get all of his memory back by the end of the decade. 

I like how Laura lectures Lulu but doesn't beat Dante's ass for treating her child like shit, doesn't seem to care all that much that Nik tied to have Super Evil And Worthless Hayden murdered, and was willing to enable Liez's delusions and lies for months. I can't take her seriously when she's like this.

I'm so disappointed in Hayden Greenelee Rebecca Budig. 

DNAJ is defective. 

• Love 13

Hey now, I always felt you! I felt you long and hard! In the night and in the day! Sometimes I just got exhausted, is all. :p

Dude, I had to put in the work and take one for the team! People rarely go in on the men on this show, but have those dissertations ready for the women.

• Love 3
MAYBE he could look around and say, hey, maybe my giant asshole attitude contributed to her feeling desperate and alone?

And maybe he could talk to her every once in a while, instead of scold her? If he and Valerie ended things on NYE, why didn't he tell Lulu soon after? At least make an effort.

I liked her exasperation with Lulu today.

I liked that, too. I liked their entire interaction. Laura wasn't judgmental, but she let Lulu know her actions were pretty extreme and inexcusable. It works with Lulu because she usually can admit to her nuttiness, whereas Nik always has some lame excuse and doesn't seem to regret his actions. Nik just gets exasperated with Laura: "Oh, Mother. You and your morals. Don't you know the Quartermaines were mean to me? And Rebecca Budig might know I'm lying? Of course she has to die. Come on!" As for Liz, I just don't know. She could react the same way she does to Lulu, but she doesn't, for some reason. 

• Love 5

And maybe he could talk to her every once in a while, instead of scold her? If he and Valerie ended things on NYE, why didn't he tell Lulu soon after? At least make an effort.

He told Michael it wouldn't make a difference if he told her because she already "slept" with "dillon". Total shit-for-brains.

• Love 8

Dude, I had to put in the work and take one for the team! People rarely go in on the men on this show, but have those dissertations ready for the women.

Hey, I can keep bringing up how RIDICULOUS it is that we STILL haven't had a Nikolas/Sam confrontation yet......I don't think I have ever mentioned it before on here though.....

• Love 2

Hey, I can keep bringing up how RIDICULOUS it is that we STILL haven't had a Nikolas/Sam confrontation yet......I don't think I have ever mentioned it before on here though.....

Isn't it awesome how much Nik has paid for his sins? Screwing Hayden hourly must be rough.

• Love 11

It's the aghast, "How could you!" attitude that Jason would accuse her that bugged me.

See, I really enjoyed how Liz's taking offense backfired on her so badly.

Liz: If you think I could do something so awful, then maybe you never knew me at all.

Jason: Maybe I didn't.

Liz: Wait, what? Noooooo! OUR LOVE WAS REAL!

Lulu is the injured party here so I can't get too outraged on Val and Dante's behalf, but trying to claim she wasn't at least in part seeking revenge on Val when she sicced Johnny on her is weak. Lulu didn't like Val all that much before she boned Dante; things have understandably deteriorated since then. Of course, Dante and Val are also horrible, so basically this is a story that no one can possibly enjoy.

I used to love Nik so much and I've become resigned to the fact that he's disgusting now, but when did he get so boring?

• Love 7

See, I really enjoyed how Liz's taking offense backfired on her so badly.

Liz: If you think I could do something so awful, then maybe you never knew me at all.

Jason: Maybe I didn't.

Liz: Wait, what? Noooooo! OUR LOVE WAS REAL!

Lulu is the injured party here so I can't get too outraged on Val and Dante's behalf, but trying to claim she wasn't at least in part seeking revenge on Val when she sicced Johnny on her is weak. Lulu didn't like Val all that much before she boned Dante; things have understandably deteriorated since then. Of course, Dante and Val are also horrible, so basically this is a story that no one can possibly enjoy.

I used to love Nik so much and I've become resigned to the fact that he's disgusting now, but when did he get so boring?

Did it backfire? By the end of the scenes, Jason seemed to believe that it wasn't her that was doing this. 

• Love 2

Dante's description of being relieved when Valerie ended things was also weird.  If all he wanted, as he claimed, was to be with Lulu, why didn't HE end things with Valerie?

Because he wanted Lulu to come running back to him and say, "I'm totally done being angry with you and I will never bring it up again!" And also, he WAS breaking it up with Valerie - Valerie asked him when they would see each other again and he started hemming and hawing about seeing Lulu over Christmas and how they were getting along and Valerie basically saw what he was getting at and spat it out for him.

Not only is Dante an asshole now, he's a gutless one. Hot.

• Love 14

The reason Sam was standing in Liz's house the other day was because she was DOING HER JOB. She's a private investigator. Last time I checked that was a job. Plus, Sam does have her own place. Before her and Patrick moved in together, she had her own place that she is now moving back into. She was briefly staying with her parents because adults are allowed to do that when they've had a tough time.

Well, I don't think anyone should be able to just walk into someone's house and declare they're going to go ahead and take a look around, especially when it's someone they hate and the feeling is mutual.  Liz fucked up big time.  But I do think she has the right to say who is allowed in her own house and who isn't.

As far as having her own place, meh.  She's lived off Jason's money, not that there's anything wrong with that.  As far as being a PI, meh again.  She never mentions any PI cases in passing, at least Liz wears scrubs on occasion.  It seems she's only a private investigator when she's working on a case that a real pi probably wouldn't take since it would be a conflict of interest.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7

Not only is Dante an asshole now, he's a gutless one. Hot.

My main problem with Dante is I don't feel or see his love for Lulu. And that's the one constant thing you need on soaps if you're doing a cheating or triangle story, IMO. Because if you don't have that....what's the point? Unless the idea is to officially end them.

• Love 6

My main problem with Dante is I don't feel or see his love for Lulu. And that's the one constant thing you need on soaps if you're doing a cheating or triangle story, IMO. Because if you don't have that....what's the point? Unless the idea is to officially end them.

The writing has been horrible for them, but I think a lot of that is DZ. He seems totally checked out

• Love 7

He told Michael it wouldn't make a difference if he told her because she already "slept" with "dillon". Total shit-for-brains.

He doesn't even try. So much for fighting for his marriage. He gave up the moment Lulu learned he'd slept with Valerie. Ugh.

• Love 4

I don't think it is, at least not for all that long, because Sonny said today Lulu was the best thing that happened to Dante. Which, get ready, I'm about to give ol' Sonny a compliment: that was genuinely nice of him to say given the years she spent giving him the evil eye. 

Between this and OnceSane's lust for him*, perhaps we should rename this thread "Sonny Corinthos is the best" or something. 

*:whistles innocently:

• Love 2

What I found odd, earlier this week, was when Jason said he was going to go downstairs to order a ginger ale for Jake. I mean, they are in a hotel, right? That has room service? So why not just, you know, call down to Room service and ask that they deliver some ginger ale? Oh, wait. I keep forgetting. Plot point, so that Jason will bump into Sam.

And another thing that had me rolling my eyes, was when Lomax was trying to tell...Paul, about how the midgety moobster Sonny, was well loved, and a teflon don, blah, blah, blah, how no one has been able to keep him in jail, blah, blah, blah, when it was  HER that pardoned his midgety arse for murdering AJ! Trying to act as if she had nothing to do with why he's out there, a free man.

• Love 1

Well, I don't think anyone should be able to just walk into someone's house and declare they're going to go ahead and take a look around, especially when it's someone they hate and the feeling is mutual.  Liz fucked up big time.  But I do think she has the right to say who is allowed in her own house and who isn't.

As far as having her own place, meh.  She's lived off Jason's money, not that there's anything wrong with that.  As far as being a PI, meh again.  She never mentions any PI cases in passing, at least Liz wears scrubs on occasion.  It seems she's only a private investigator when she's working on a case that a real pi probably wouldn't take since it would be a conflict of interest.

Taking my response to the Sam thread.

I don't think it is, at least not for all that long, because Sonny said today Lulu was the best thing that happened to Dante. Which, get ready, I'm about to give ol' Sonny a compliment: that was genuinely nice of him to say given the years she spent giving him the evil eye. 

Between this and OnceSane's lust for him*, perhaps we should rename this thread "Sonny Corinthos is the best" or something. 

*:whistles innocently:

He posted a beard-shaving video on Instagram…the allure may be gone.

And another thing that had me rolling my eyes, was when Lomax was trying to tell...Paul, about how the midgety moobster Sonny, was well loved, and a teflon don, blah, blah, blah, how no one has been able to keep him in jail, blah, blah, blah, when it was  HER that pardoned his midgety arse for murdering AJ! Trying to act as if she had nothing to do with why he's out there, a free man.

Mayor Lomax didn't pardon Sonny, Governor No-One's-Heard-Of-Before-And-Never-Will-Again did. Because Sonny stole the bomb from Michael while Michael was in mid-rescue of the Haunted Star peeps and "saved" the governor's daughter.

• Love 1

ulkis, I have always enjoyed your insight and your humor, but after what you just *gulp* suggested, you are dead to me. I'd fling barware at you, if I wasn't trapped indoors, cowering  from this blizzard.

• Love 4

ulkis, I have always enjoyed your insight and your humor, but after what you just *gulp* suggested, you are dead to me. I'd fling barware at you, if I wasn't trapped indoors, cowering  from this blizzard.

Give in to the dimples! Sure, he's cruel, vicious, vindictive, and violent . . . but dimples!

• Love 3

All of this.  There is nothing soapy about this scenario, it's just gross. 

Personally, I may be alone in this, but I am pretty sure Hayden did play Nik......and very well I might add. Whether or not she has true feelings for him is besides the point. She proposed to him as a way of getting close to the ELQ shares, he initially said no, she started in on the sob story of never having been in love and not knowing if she deserved him and Nik took the bait fast.

Mayor Lomax didn't pardon Sonny, Governor No-One's-Heard-Of-Before-And-Never-Will-Again did. Because Sonny stole the bomb from Michael while Michael was in mid-rescue of the Haunted Star peeps and "saved" the governor's daughter.

Oops! My bad! I could have sworn y'all said it was Lomax! I was on the Barge, but kept up by reading the comments.

So...I guess the PC worm hole/time suck is at it again.  

Wednesday, Sam and Jason sit down to breakfast at the MC.  They talk for maybe 1/2 hour and then go to Liz's house.   I am assuming it didn't take too long to go through the house, unless they stopped for a movie or something before hand.  So this puts Liz/Jake arriving home at maybe noon at the absolute latest.   And that's kind of stretching it.   So Sam accuses Liz, then leaves.  Jason and Liz talk, he leaves.   And suddenly it's night time and Jason has "had a long day?"   And Liz sends Jake to get ready for bed? Really?  That's quite the time leap there.

I don't know why these things bother me, but they do.  Sigh.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 5

Hearing Lulu's sobs and screams through the door after Dante's truck had backed up and dumped their marriage was gratifying. After all the self-righteous lecturing she had dumped on him for so long, it was good to see the scales balance. I'm glad that Dante was shocked to the core and said aloud that Lulu could have gone to jail and lost 15 years of life with Rocco. Their child could have literally grown up without a mother.

But I think he was too pessimistic--if Lulu had stayed calm and called take-no-prisoners lawyer Diane, she could have escaped most anything. She lucked out, but Dante is afraid of her now. Lulu has dark depths that can cause big heartache for his family, Dante thinks.

I didn't like Laura's eye-rolling theatrics upon hearing what Lulu had done, and her reasoning. But I liked the fact that Laura complained about Lulu dumping Rocco without getting in touch with Laura again as the hours passed.

I sure hope Lulu shows a lot of personal growth after all of this trouble. Her beauty will either win Dante back or get other admirers--so I'm not worried about Lulu being abandoned.

Whether or not she has true feelings for him is besides the point.

If she has true feelings for the dude who tried to have her killed, that could affect how she plays Nik. She might decide twu wuv is more important than getting ELQ stock for Tracy. She might decide to tell Nik what's going on and they team up to work against Tracy. (Which will probably happen, since Tracy can never win.) So it does matter, IMO.

• Love 5

If she has true feelings for the dude who tried to have her killed, that could affect how she plays Nik. She might decide twu wuv is more important than getting ELQ stock for Tracy. She might decide to tell Nik what's going on and they team up to work against Tracy. (Which will probably happen, since Tracy can never win.) So it does matter, IMO.

I really don't think that will happen......the writers have.....issues, I'll admit, but Nik not getting any punishment for having a woman shot over money seems a bit much. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

I do hate that they're having Tracy blackmail Hayden, because it means that what Hayden will likely do to Nik will be tainted with the fact that she has no choice, and it would not be purely out of revenge, as it should. But I'm guessing it has to do with some plot pointy reason for getting Hayden in Tracy's orbit.

Personally, as much as I love Tracy, I hope Hayden finds a way to screw both of them over and keep the ELQ shares for herself.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

Hearing Lulu's sobs and screams through the door after Dante's truck had backed up and dumped their marriage was gratifying. After all the self-righteous lecturing she had dumped on him for so long, it was good to see the scales balance. I'm glad that Dante was shocked to the core and said aloud that Lulu could have gone to jail and lost 15 years of life with Rocco. Their child could have literally grown up without a mother.

But I think he was too pessimistic--if Lulu had stayed calm and called take-no-prisoners lawyer Diane, she could have escaped most anything. She lucked out, but Dante is afraid of her now. Lulu has dark depths that can cause big heartache for his family, Dante thinks.

I didn't like Laura's eye-rolling theatrics upon hearing what Lulu had done, and her reasoning. But I liked the fact that Laura complained about Lulu dumping Rocco without getting in touch with Laura again as the hours passed.

I sure hope Lulu shows a lot of personal growth after all of this trouble. Her beauty will either win Dante back or get other admirers--so I'm not worried about Lulu being abandoned.

"Hey Dante, remember that wedding where only your family was there and not mine? Forsaking all others means not fucking my cousin, yes even when I lie since I actually wasn't sleeping with Dillon"

It seemed the only times she screamed at Dante where the two times when she found out they fucked in their marriage bed.

When Sonny, for heaven's sake Sonny (why couldn't that line be given to Laura instead, to show she was little pissed on Lulu's behalf) said that line about how Dante's behavior contributed to Lulu's mental instability,  I almost vomited because he was speaking the truth.

But not to worry! Valerie now gets to be the self righteous one. Actually she was always the self righteous one, but I have a feeling she will smug it up even more now that she no longer feel the social pressure of feeling bad for screwing someone's husband when the someone wasn't actually having an affair. Can't wait./sarcasm

Personally, as much as I love Tracy, I hope Hayden finds a way to screw both of them over and keep the ELQ shares for herself.

And I want Tracy to figure out that Hayden would screw her over and pull the Xanatos Gambit with ELQ to redeem herself.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

Oh, but we MUST worry about her. She's the first woman on a soap opera whose husband ever slept with someone else, so we're in uncharted territory here. It's not as though we have a long history of examples of people handling that in various ways that don't involve mobsters. And now the show has established her as a brave heroine who rushes into a burning cabin, to limit the crimes for which she'll be on the hook. Also, she feels really bad...when a plot she set in motion and egged on for a period of weeks blows up in her face. Essentially, she's the Liz of that storyline, but with stalking, framing, kidnapping, and a near-death instead of the far more serious "made people grieve for additional months over someone they already thought was dead." 

Sarcasm aside, I find her by far the least appealing of the three people in that triangle. I'll cop to never being much of a fan of the adult version of Lulu. Mind you, I'm loath to call what JMB was playing that. 

• Love 2

She is not the Liz of the storyline. People are actually taking Lulu to task for this. Also, Lulu's husband treated her like shit before it ever happened. Liz just decided she didn't want to give up the amnesiac she was dating.

• Love 11

You're positively giddy, girl.

I watched a teeeeny bit of today because lord above, I wanted to see the Sonny/Dante scenes of all things.

The good:

Stupid Dante looked good.

Michael looked good, despite his swimwear or whatever that was

Dante still calling Sonny 'Sonny' (I feel for you, Michael fans)

Dante saying he and Lulu were nothing like Carly and Sonny

The bad:

No Dante, you once were nothing like Sonny and Carly, now you're developing into a reasonable facsimile

Lulu's cry face in FF. God woman. Own what you did and tell Dante your big mistake was not kicking him in the nuts with a steel toed boot.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
Also, Lulu's husband treated her like shit before it ever happened

Well, let's see. Responses to being treated like shit by your husband. Getting a divorce and moving on with your life  OR...siccing a wanted criminal on the other woman, because the only way you're ever going to be able to have a chance with the guy who treats you like shit (and has been trying to get back with you as recently as Christmas) is if she's gone.

Which one of these does a non-vile person do, in real life or on soap operas?

Shrewlu is inexcusable. 

• Love 2

Well, let's see. Responses to being treated like shit by your husband. Getting a divorce and moving on with your life OR...siccing a wanted criminal on the other woman, because the only way you're ever going to be able to have a chance with the guy who treats you like shit (and has been trying to get back with you as recently as Christmas) is if she's gone.

Shrewlu is inexcusable.

I didn't say she was right - my point was she seems more understandable than Liz to me. If I kept seeing my husband around the woman he cheated on m with, I'd probably go beserk too, and Lulu didn't want anyone dead. I would also go beserk on a person who kept the fact that someone I loved was actually alive from me. The way you wrote it it struck me as if you were saying well since they thought he was already dead it wasn't that bad.

And Dante gave zero clue to Lulu he wanted to get back together at Christmas. The whole time he let her think he was ith Valerie. Then he came to the boat on NY and when she didn't want to let him in the room he falsely assumed yet again that she was sleeping with a dude she has shown zero attraction to for 10 years.

But I can agree she is dumb as shit for not just moving on.

And now instead of a Liz/Sam war I've turned it into a Liz/Lulu war. Well, at least it's slightly different, right mods? :more innocent whistling:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15

Well, let's see. Responses to being treated like shit by your husband. Getting a divorce and moving on with your life  OR...siccing a wanted criminal on the other woman, because the only way you're ever going to be able to have a chance with the guy who treats you like shit (and has been trying to get back with you as recently as Christmas) is if she's gone.

Shrewlu is inexcusable.

You mean on New Year's when he came to the Haunted Star and (again!) jumped to the wrong conclusion and accused of sleeping with Dillon? Yeah, super, super nice. Even if Lulu had the maturity and forgiveness of original Georgie Jones, you don't keep hanging around the lady you cheated, which was something that pissed Georgie off despite her grace during Lulu's pregnancy.

• Love 9

This is getting to be out of hand. Look, I realize Sam/Liz and their tug of war is a part of the show. But we have REPEATEDLY said to take posts pertaining STRICTLY to them to their character threads. I and my fellow mods do not think this is too much to ask.

This war is making fun, civil conversations next to impossible of late, and we cannot be around 24/7.

So, if this persists in this thread, posts will be deleted as said, and we will escalate to warnings if rules cannot be obeyed.

So please heed this accordingly. To those who are cooperating, we truly appreciate it.

Honestly--and I'm not even joking--we should probably have a Liz vs. Sam thread, seriously. Just one thread exclusively dedicated to their rivalry, because their individual character threads bring this stuff up a lot, too. 

• Love 6

Honestly--and I'm not even joking--we should probably have a Liz vs. Sam thread, seriously. Just one thread exclusively dedicated to their rivalry, because their individual character threads bring this stuff up a lot, too. 

Can I second this request? I'm trying to resurrect an interest in both characters but there'll be a PTV Franco Fanclub thread before I'll ever have a fuck to give about the Liz/Jason/Sam cluster. 

• Love 4

I've nominated myself President of the DeadFranco2016 Fan Club. Does that count? 

I've thoroughly assessed and I can confirm, on a scientific basis, that I still have no fucks to give where the Liz/Sam thing is concerned. Not a one. 

• Love 5

Shrewlu is inexcusable.

I disagree. What Lulu did wasn't necessarily right, but I'll admit she could have stood there and watched Val burn to ashes in that cabin and I still would cheer her on. What Lulu did wasn't necessarily rational but it was hardly the worst thing a non-vile person has done in response to being cheated on in real life or on a soap opera. Sure, she could have just beaten the tar out of both Dante and Val and moved on with her life, but then we couldn't have this storyline where Dante and Val can continue to act smugly superior and Lulu has to grovel for forgiveness.

Also, I would say a non-vile person doesn't have sex with their cousin's husband in their bed and then proceed to smugly blame the cheated on spouse. A non-vile person doesn't then proceed to continue to show no remorse and once again sleep with with her cousin's husband AGAIN. Also, a non-vile person wouldn't assume their partner of many years was cheating on them with little more than flimsy circumstantial evidence, cheat on them in their marital bed with their cousin, and then lie to their spouse for months. A non-vile person wouldn't then treat their partner like scum when their lie is exposed and act like when they don't forgive you on your timetable, somehow they're the one to blame.

There is plenty of vileness in this storyline to go around.

Also as others have pointed out Dante hasn't been trying to get back with her since Christmas. Dante just assumed because they had a nice time then that Lulu would automatically run back into his arms. Then he confronted her at the Haunted Star and proceeded to jump to another false conclusion about his wife sleeping with someone else. Like a big hypocrite he then acted put out by it and gave up.

• Love 20