Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Actually, at one point he couldn't find something and Kiki wonders how he wouldn't know where the stuff was if he'd been there and then she says, "this isn't your parents' cabin is it?" And Morgan tells her what difference does it make. So I think we're supposed to believe that it is some random person's cabin. 

Maybe its the same cabin where Michael decapitated his step mother, and the the mob turned up to hide the body.. This show is nothing if its not predictable.

• Love 1

He's currently in a manic stage and he broke into somebody's cabin in the woods with Kiki and he thought he heard the cops coming for her so he grabbed a shotgun. He hasn't actually done anything with it yet though.

God, I've been good.  I don't ask for a lot.  But, if you could grant me this one scripted murder/suicide, I'd be ever so grateful.  

• Love 4

Will someone explain it to me as though I was Morgan or Sonny, why Patprick ignored that crashing sound just before his phone call with Robin was abruptly cut off?

It's a very serious condition: Called Plot Point-itis. The cure is solid characterization, no games, and good writing. As you can imagine, the cure is very scarce.

• Love 13

Can someone explain to me what Helena did to Lucky, how Lucky was able to "get out of it" (tm Sam) and how does that relate to Jason?

Long story short, Lucky was kidnapped and brainwashed to be shouty and angry and to not remember his love for Liz. I think it was their love that finally got him out of it, but they went to shit shortly after, anyway, lol.

It's related to Jason because it's likely Helena did the same thing to him; brainwashed him (to be mumbly? Heh) and made him forget his loved ones.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

According to Tony Geary, they ruined his career.

We witnessed his swan song. Helena had nothing to do with it.

He's currently in a manic stage and he broke into somebody's cabin in the woods with Kiki and he thought he heard the cops coming for her so he grabbed a shotgun. He hasn't actually done anything with it yet though.

Sounds like this could tun into a Tucker&Dale vs Evil type of situation. If only it would be that funny (on purpose). 

• Love 1

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but I was setting my dvr for the week and my provider and updated their 'show info' pages that you use to set a show to record to show cast pictures.  

Every show I watch seems to using a current picture, except GH which has a picture of Tony, Genie, Julie, Greg, and Tyler, and now lists those actors in the 'starrng' field, with "and Maurice Bernard" after them because of course.  I think is a publicity shot from Genie's '06 or '08 return because she looks heavier than she does now and Julie looks really young.

And its weird becase other shows have clearly been updated for real curren cast.  For example, Steven Yeun was removed from Walking Dead's cast list, while Jenifer Lewis has been added to Black-ish's.  

I think that might be on the show to keep track and update affiliates, etc. Frank is cheap. And busy. He probably has his admin staff spread thin too. And after watching, and non-watching his show for the past three years, I've come to the conclusion he's also pretty sloppy in his work.  I can see him letting this go.  Gloria, meanwhile, would have never tolerated that.  

• Love 1

Up until a few months ago the bumper on Hulu was Roger Howarth as Todd Manning, complete with scar.  The bumper changed, athough it's still Howarth.  Also in the shot is the back of Denise DelMucchio's head.  So essentially, in this instance, GH's signature is RoHo wearing a WTF expression while looking at a bad wig.

It's both amusing and a bit sad.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 1

But Helena didn't cause Jason's amnesia, the car accident did. Her mental control over him was due to that chip.

I thought it was implied in Friday's episode that his memory loss was due to something more than the accident? Like he's brainwashed? I dunno, I'm going by recaps.

I think Helena is going to spin some lie that she basically erased Jason's love for Sam like she did with Lucky, so the show can drag this out some more, but we know that the amnesia was actually caused by the car accident and thus Jason's memories could return any day now.

I think Helena is going to spin some lie that she basically erased Jason's love for Sam like she did with Lucky, so the show can drag this out some more, but we know that the amnesia was actually caused by the car accident and thus Jason's memories could return any day now.

I'm not sure. This is not a spoiler, just my spec, but I think Robin will be the one to help him get his memories back in some medical way. I don't think he just remembers himself.

• Love 1

Thanks. But Lucky did break out of it, eventually?

Eh, I guess that's open to interpretation. The first re-cast acted like fiance Liz was a burden and he made out with and then slept with her sister, Sarah. He also took on a photography job, had an *interesting* dynamic with Nikolas, and in general truly earned the nickname Shouty McYellerson. He was truly the opposite, in looks,  personality and acting, of JJ. 

• Love 1

Epiphany (to Sonny): You're not saint, but you have never hurt your own children.

Me: The fuck you say?

So, basically this show is like Donald Trump. They'll just say whatever the hell they want to, even when it's blatantly false and they expect the audience will be stupid enough to fall for it.

• Love 18

I know we're being trolled when I hear Carly insist to Morgan twice, "Nobody wants Kiki." LOL!!!

Very strange to hear the guy who's supposed to be playing Jason Morgan accusing another person of killing someone. Although at this point it would be in character for Nikolas to kill Helena.

Makeup dept. did a good job making Anna look haunted/exhausted/ill. 

I anticipate rage blackouts from some of you (in addition to the bi-polar poor storytelling) re: Epiphany to Sonny:  "I've never seen you hurt any of your children."  Was she not working the night/weeks Dante was in the hospital after getting shot in the chest, or when Patrick was operating on Michael's brain?! UGH.

Rolling my eyes at both Liz and Nikolas. STFU. Did anyone else think that when Liz took Jason by the hand and pulled him to come with her, he looked like a man-child going home with mommy? 

Sabrina's faint was not convincing IMO, but Carlos' OMG we're having a baby shock/look was well done.

• Love 5
I anticipate rage blackouts from some of you (in addition to the bi-polar poor storytelling) re: Epiphany to Sonny:  "I've never seen you hurt any of your children."  Was she not working the night/weeks Dante was in the hospital after getting shot in the chest, or when Patrick was operating on Michael's brain?! UGH.

She was working the day Dante was shot -- I remember there was a hilarious scene where she dropped a bedpan or something on the floor when she learned that Dante was yet another of Sonny's umpteen children.

• Love 1

These writers can try to peddle whatever BS they want, but Liz did not trick Nik and Helena into thinking Aiden was Nik's. Helena is the one that tricked Nik and Liz by switching the paternity test. Liz already looks bad enough with the Jason lie, they don't need to pile it on by rewriting history.

• Love 13

They've tried at least twice in the last few years to kill Helena and both times it was a pathetic damp squib. You don't retire Helena until either the performer passes away or you have viable replacement villains who are convincing to take up that mantle, and then you make it part of a big, big event with a credible threat and a big, grand exit. Neither of these deaths have been that. Stavros had Helena on ice after she died in '13 and she was literally defrosted and brought back from the dead. She's not even technically alive now, why should she be dead tomorrow? AFAIC she's alive.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

I want Carlos to stay . . .  it would give me so much joy.

I like Carlos, too; and I think JVP is a better actor than a lot of folks on the show (looking at you, Kiki, Franco, Val, Nina, Morgan . . .)

I'd like to see him stay and romance a deserving woman, but I'm afraid he's just going to take Sabrina away for her real life maternity leave. 

• Love 5

Epiphany on Sonny/Carly ass kissing duty a.k.a. keep conditioning the audience to accept that Sonny/Carly are this generations Ma/Pa Walton, was ridiculous. I don't know if it's ABC, or the writers who are determined to force Sonny & Carly to be the patriarch/matriarch of the show, but it just falls flat for me. Not only have they not earned it, they are the completely wrong characters for it.

So..just like that Helena's "dead"...no fanfare..no nothing? OK

Liz leading Jason out the room, did look like a mom taking her son home for a snack & a nap lol

Carlos's "Oh SHIT!?!" look as he gazed at Sabrina's belly was the highlight of the episode for me.

• Love 6

These writers can try to peddle whatever BS they want, but Liz did not trick Nik and Helena into thinking Aiden was Nik's. Helena is the one that tricked Nik and Liz by switching the paternity test. Liz already looks bad enough with the Jason lie, they don't need to pile it on by rewriting history.

Yeah that was a wtf moment. Liz has her faults, but she didn't willingly lie about Aiden. I think the writers dropped the ball on that one.

Those cassadine island scenes were all stupid. And Nikolas totally killed her...or at least made her look dead. I will say that for someone sooooo happy with his new life with Liz, he sure wants his memory back badly.

Fin is way too good for this shit show.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 5

I think Liz kept the truth to herself for several months after discovering Aiden's paternity but I think a lot of that had to do with Jake's death. Then there was some reason she continued to delay telling Lucky - the Irish chick, maybe?

If only Morgan thought Kiki was a cop and shot her, and then turned the gun on himself with guilt and shame. 

The Anna scenes were very good. It really helps that we got more than 30-second snippets of her session. 

The Helena stuff, on the other hand, was excruciating. There was no point bringing back Helena if she's not going to drop some truth bombs or cause more trouble. Talking in circles and "dying" was a waste of time.

Emmy-nominee Bryan Craig? 'Nough said. LOL in the previews that he's in GH in his hoodie.

I'm glad Carlos might be alive. Add me to the list of people who love JVP's telenovela-style acting. This show can use a bit of that.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

I remember when SOD used to do a recap of major events in their magazines (it probably still does, I just haven't opened one since 1992).  You know, engagements, marriages, divorces, births, deaths.

So today's entries would be;

Died (3rd[?] time):  Helena

Returned from the dead (1st time):  Carlos.

Oh, show.  You may suck. You may be illogical. But you're our show.

• Love 7

So Carlos is alive while AJ is freaking dead?

If anything you'd think all that extra fat A.J. was carrying around would have provided him far more protection from Sonny's shitty aim and one bullet than Carlos who was lit up with every bullet Anna had on her person to pump into his twiggy body.

Ye gods! This show is shitastically hopeless at this point.

Helena is dead like this Jason reveal storyline is "dead". Not really dead but by god if only it were it'd be a gift from on high.

It's offensive that this show keeps trying to title Captain Moron's behaviour as a case of "mental illness" because it is everything but. He's behaving like a jackass on steroids, that's it. A very dumb, stupid, annoying, pathetic jackass.

I so very much need someone to wheel Sonny out into the street where he then falls into a manhole wherein cement is then poured, encasing his slaggard self for all eternity.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

There is no chance at all that Helena is actually dead. No chance.  

TC could not have had any fewer fucks to give during that bedside scene with "dead" Helena at the end.  A sleepy toddler would have given a more energetic, emotional line reading.  

I had a really crappy night of sleep last night, and I have dark circles under my eyes on a good day (thanks, genetics!), so they were really noticeable this morning.  I'd like to thank KeMo and the makeup department for those ginormous circles/bags under Sam's eyes today.  They made mine look like no big deal.  Seriously, is that intentional, to make it look like Sam is losing sleep over this whole mess, or had Kelly just not slept for a week and a half before filming those scenes? 

As for the cabin scenes, I'm pissed I didn't get my murder/suicide.  Morgan's just useless.  He couldn't take out Kiki or his beast of a mother?  Useless.  

• Love 3

I anticipate rage blackouts from some of you (in addition to the bi-polar poor storytelling) re: Epiphany to Sonny:  "I've never seen you hurt any of your children."  Was she not working the night/weeks Dante was in the hospital after getting shot in the chest, or when Patrick was operating on Michael's brain?! UGH.

Come on, don't be like Sonny and forget about the girl-child. :-)  He blew up a car that Kristina was in.  Sonny doesn't hurt his children my ass.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 3

lol at that ridiculous scene with the doctor.

"Mister Cassadine"

"Mister Cassadine"

"Mister Cassadine"

ugh Dante the way to regain Lulu's trust IS NOT TO HANG OUT WITH VALERIE. Like why are the writers acting like this is some mystery.

• Love 6
because I don't think that because Helena is going to work in this case.

Challenge accepted.

Helena, of strong brain and feeble body, dies on the exact day that Carlos is revealed alive? Carlos, who may have been fished of the harbor brain dead from lack of oxygen, but body fixable. What's five bulletholes.  I'm pretty sure Heather and Jerry Jax have each been shot at least five times during one of their 12-story building falls.

Do I need to state the obvious?  GH is coopting Friends' own spoof of soaps where Joey Tribiani's soap character get Susan Sarandan's soap's character brain.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

It just occurred me that about this time a year ago, Michael was shredding Carly and signing the papers to make his name Michael Quartermaine.

And now...

Epiphany (to Sonny): You're no saint, but you have never hurt your own children.

• Love 11

I assume some kind of incompetence on Sloane's part.

Incompetency was that dud's middle name.

Only in soap land will characters spend days speaking ill of someone, calling them liars and full of devious deception and yet then they will demand the "TRUTH!" from said individual because...that's just how it works.

If Sam wasn't so busy being weighted down by the ginormous bags under her eyes she should have sprung into action and staked Helena right through her heart. Wrong show I know but if it ain't broke...

• Love 2