Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How fucking contrived that Carly will be the one to blow up that wedding. I fully expected a full blown orgy to break out in that waiting room complete with Carly staring at Jake in the background. These writers are so subtle.

• Love 1

Valerie (and Dante) of course don't have a leg to stand on, but I'm glad someone brought up Lulu and Dillon's shenanigans in Canada and how that factored in to this clusterfuck.  

And ugh, it looks like Dillon did show the footage on purpose.  

And double ugh, shut up Maxie.

Overall, this reveal was lame as hell.

As someone who has done quite a bit of directing and editing, I know there is no way that kind of footage would be included except for deliberately, unless he was showing raw, unseen footage - which will happen never.  I always figured that if it popped up on screen it would be deliberate, and if it was deliberate, it would be Dillon.

• Love 3

I don't know, currently Liz is doing more damage to her already damaged son by lying to him just because she wants some mobster dick. At least Lucky had the decency to get the hell out when he realized his 'darkness' wasn't good for his children.

Really though. Lucky is such a needed character. Just find Mark Lawson and beg him to act again already, FV!

Actually it seems more like Elizabeth wants to live her long-time "happy family" fantasy with a man she believes she can trust, because she wants to give her boys a good life and to create what she didn't have as a kid. She was not close to her parents, and then they ditched her and her sis w/Audrey when the girls were young teens. She and Lucky were so stuck in the past and things snowballed with the deceptions between them. Lucky left first to fulfill Siobhan's last wish, and after Liz and Aiden got well enough to come home from the hospital, he told Cam (right before Xmas) he would be back. Then quite a while later we hear he's doing mission work with kids in Africa. The line about skyping with the boys once a week came up only because JJ was back briefly for the TG retirement story - he had not been mentioned in about 3 years by Liz or her sons. Most recently, during those few days, he tells Nik he's only seen the boys via Skype for years and so he's not a real dad to them, he says he has a darkness within him, and then leaves without communicating if/when he'll be back, where he's going and where he can be reached if seeking treatment. That's not the "decent" thing to do.  Elizabeth's never had the option to say, "Hey Lucky, I need you to come and be a single father to the boys indefinitely because after losing Jake, getting kidnapped by a psychiatrist I briefly dated, almost drowning thanks to an unhinged doctor, Aiden getting sick, mourning for Robin,getting shot by another crazy doctor who somehow became our chief of staff, and then Ric scamming me again, I need some time to get my head on straight." No matter how ugly/depressing things have gotten, Liz had to get up and be mom to her boys every.single. day. The only exception to that was when she was briefly in Shadybrooke while pregnant with Aiden.

• Love 4

All of Ron's re-writes have been shitty but they are now canon.

I'm a little late on responding on this. I will say that while Ron's substantive re-writes are now canon, I feel like 90% of what he did was either superficial or transient in nature. Like he would re-write his own re-writes in a heartbeat. He also got so many factual points so darn wrong on his watch. Others were just inherently contrary to reality (like believing that Julian Jerome is older than Alexis). Thus, I think of very little of what Ron wrote as creating canon.

I think what we may be left with is: AJ did come back from the dead. Duke was resurrected as a zombie cat. Connie/Kate did have a split personality and she was sexually assaulted as a teen. Lucas came back home. Robin's been gone a long time for .... reasons. Dante and Lulu are raising a baby named Rocco. That's about all that's stuck, as far as I can tell.

Everything else can be disregarded and forgotten.

As someone who has done quite a bit of directing and editing, I know there is no way that kind of footage would be included except for deliberately, unless he was showing raw, unseen footage - which will happen never.  I always figured that if it popped up on screen it would be deliberate, and if it was deliberate, it would be Dillon.

You're so cute applying logic and reality to this show!!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4
aw86, on 02 Nov 2015 - 3:51 PM, said:

Hayden: You, Nikolas Cassadine, have a heart.  And I am fond of your heart,

Girl, he tried to kill you and you know that!!! So gross!

Given what she overheard him talking about with Laura, I think she's just playing him and/or setting him up, so that didn't come off as gross to me at all.

Who is staying on the HS that there are furnished bedrooms? Ew.

if it was deliberate, it would be Dillon.

This way he can swoop in and act the big hero: "I told you Dante didn't deserve you, Lulu." Ugh, this is as bad as the idiotic affair.

• Love 1

Maybe he actually is is need of sleep, lol? He does have a 6 month old baby and the other two kids are under 5. I hate to think he's completely checked out on purpose. I thought he was good in his scenes with Sonny on Thursday. But yeah overall he's been underwhelming.

• Love 3

Elizabeth's never had the option to say, "Hey Lucky, I need you to come and be a single father to the boys indefinitely because after losing Jake, getting kidnapped by a psychiatrist I briefly dated, almost drowning thanks to an unhinged doctor, Aiden getting sick, mourning for Robin,getting shot by another crazy doctor who somehow became our chief of staff, and then Ric scamming me again, I need some time to get my head on straight." No matter how ugly/depressing things have gotten, Liz had to get up and be mom to her boys every.single. day. The only exception to that was when she was briefly in Shadybrooke while pregnant with Aiden.

She could hand them off to Audrey like she already frequently does. Or let Laura take care of them.

• Love 1

Maybe he actually is is need of sleep, lol? He does have a 6 month old baby and the other two kids are under 5. I hate to think he's completely checked out on purpose. I thought he was good in his scenes with Sonny on Thursday. But yeah overall he's been underwhelming.

I usually don't have an issue with him. But these scenes were snore-worthy. It wasn't just his fault, though. The writing was lacking and there was some overacting on Val/B's end.

I usually don't have an issue with him. But these scenes were snore-worthy. It wasn't just his fault, though. The writing was lacking and there was some overacting on Val/B's end.

True, but he was showing up more this time last year when they were merely investigating Fluke/Luke. I'm going to blame the extra baby, heh.

and there was some overacting on Val/B's end.

LOL this so much. She needs to tone it down and DZ needs to wake up. 

I'm surprised Carly didn't start shooting her mouth off and is looking for proof. She is being smart for once. 

"Nathan! You have to do something!"

"Let me handle it, Maxie." *blows whistle* "Attention everyone! PCPD! This party is officially shut down! Everyone leave now!"

"On what grounds?"

"I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- to find out there's overacting going on within this premises..."

"Your script, Mr. Paevey..."

"Ah, yes, thank you --- Everyone, out! Now!"

• Love 7

I'm surprised Carly didn't start shooting her mouth off and is looking for proof. She is being smart for once. 

And apparently, Port Charles has some kind of independent DNA lab that's open 24 hours?  Isn't it supposed to be pretty late at night at this point?

• Love 1

And apparently, Port Charles has some kind of independent DNA lab that's open 24 hours?  Isn't it supposed to be pretty late at night at this point?

Well, given how unreliable General Hospital's findings are, there is certainly room in the marketplace for an independent operation in Port Charles:

DNA-Я-US

(Find out if your baby daddy is Sonny Corinthos before he does)

• Love 14

Actually it seems more like Elizabeth wants to live her long-time "happy family" fantasy with a man she believes she can trust, because she wants to give her boys a good life and to create what she didn't have as a kid.

I agree. And that's precisely why Liz comes off as clearly insane and in desperate need of counseling.

I couldn't believe how bored DZ looked in the reveal scenes.  Dude didn't even try

Really though. Super disappointing.

The writing was lacking and there was some overacting on Val/B's end.

Yea, she was really OTT. ER was doing a bit much, too. It made DZ look even more underwhelming.

This episode was pretty bad. LW was pretty great in it though imo.

• Love 3

Patrick of all people telling Liz she's only known Jake for about a year

Wellll, to be a little fair, Patrick at least has known Sam for a long time and was good friends with her for a while before they started dating.  Jake is some amnesiac Liz brought home from the hospital.  

But yeah, him being all, "Why rush along your romantic relationship!" was a little silly.  How many women have you been married and engaged to in the last few years, Doc?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Wellll, to be a little fair, Patrick at least has known Sam for a long time and was good friends with her for a while before they started dating. Jake is some amnesiac Liz brought home from the hospital.

But yeah, him being all, "Why rush along your romantic relationship!" was a little silly. How many women have you been married and engaged to in the last few years, Doc?

Patrick is a douchebag.

I'm sorry, that's my standard response in every Patrick convo. It's like autocorrect. :P

• Love 2

ivia, you did the right thing keeping Dante away from Sonny. Just look at the bio son that he did raise. Morgan is not the example of a child raised with the correct values.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 6

Who is staying on the HS that there are furnished bedrooms? Ew.

I apologize in advance for my answer.  You should probably just look away now and not read it...  I'm pretty sure Luke used a bedroom on the HS.  I could swear I remember some Luke/Skye sex happening in a HS bedroom, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.  (I'll stake Franco's life on it!)

But Lulu was ranting about wanting to know exactly when they woke up and decide to ruin her life or whatever so I thought Valerie pointing out that it happened in that clusterfuck of circumstances was fair, though, like I said, she doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

"And, by the way, thank you for that whole misunderstanding thing in Canada.  I had been dying to get your husband into bed, and it was really looking like it wasn't going to happen for me, until you went on that whole trip to rescue your brother.  So, thanks for that.  Do you know who the villain was that was ultimately in control of that whole mess?  I'd like to send them flowers.  Maybe an Edible Arrangement.  My Mom loved those Edible Arrangements.  She died, you know." 

• Love 12

"And, by the way, thank you for that whole misunderstanding thing in Canada.  I had been dying to get your husband into bed, and it was really looking like it wasn't going to happen for me, until you went on that whole trip to rescue your brother.  So, thanks for that.  Do you know who the villain was that was ultimately in control of that whole mess?  I'd like to send them flowers.  Maybe an Edible Arrangement.  My Mom loved those Edible Arrangements.  She died, you know." 

She might as well just say that. I'm sure that's how she feels deep down. Too bad for her that Dante had the decency to only screw her once.

Valerie feels terrible! So terrible she feels the need to remind Lulu that if it weren't for her lying Dante would have never slept with her, except neither Dante, Valerie, or Lulu have any way of knowing that. Maybe, like Sonny was implying the other day*, Lulu would have used up the last toilet paper roll and that would have irritated Dante enough to go sleep with Valerie.

*No, Sonny, you are the only one sitting in the corner looking at your partner thinking how fucking annoying they are, but damned if you couldn't live without them.

• Love 4

Valerie feels terrible! So terrible she feels the need to remind Lulu that if it weren't for her lying Dante would have never slept with her, except neither Dante, Valerie, or Lulu have any way of knowing that. Maybe, like Sonny was implying the other day*, Lulu would have used up the last toilet paper roll and that would have irritated Dante enough to go sleep with Valerie.

*No, Sonny, you are the only one sitting in the corner looking at your partner thinking how fucking annoying they are, but damned if you couldn't live without them.

The way that Valerie was talking to Lulu was disgusting and we're supposed to feel for her? Really?

JUMP Mother Fu*ker JUMP

After my JnR scene!! I just need one.

• Love 1

To be fair to Maxie, he did keep saying stuff like "oh I'm sure Valerie has no feelings for Dante." He could have just said, "If Valerie has feelings, she has to deal with it on her own and we have to mind out our business."

That's expecting Det. Plywood to think and then articulate a compound sentence, something I'm not quite sure he can do.

The glitter on Lulu's face was distracting.

• Love 3

The way that Valerie was talking to Lulu was disgusting and we're supposed to feel for her? Really?

I don't even know why Valerie thought it would be ok to talk about Lulu keeping secrets from Dante. If Dante was unhappy he could have acted like an adult and had a conversation with Lulu instead of acting like a dumbass asshole. Valerie acts like she didn't lust after a married man and then have sex with him when the opportunity presented itself and then continue lusting after him once the deed was done. Lulu should have beat both of their asses. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Oh, Jason Thompson. THANK YOU for leaving. Just...THANK YOU.

I don't want him to go :-(

I have always liked Patrick and Robin always made him 100 times better but him leaving makes me sad and realize how many new faces are at GH and I don't care I want my cast that I have watched for 20 plus years.

My GH :-(

• Love 6

The glitter on Lulu's face was distracting.

This is why I love this board and my fellow preverts  - we all see things differently !  For me, the glitter was the best part of the scene. I kept wondering why/how it got there but I loved it - made me wish I had added a touch of glitter to my own Halloween garb !! 

• Love 1
(I'll stake Franco's life on it!)

I should take this to the game thread, but what the hey ... things I'd stake Franco's life on:

That water isn't wet.

That the earth revolves around the sun.

And I could get a date with George Clooney in 48 hours flat.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

...thank you for that whole misunderstanding thing in Canada.  I had been dying to get your husband into bed, and it was really looking like it wasn't going to happen for me, until you went on that whole trip to rescue your brother.  So, thanks for that.

I'm glad that Val spoke up and reminded Lulu that her own behavior wasn't pristine. Lulu was so stupid (or had such an entitlement chip) that she felt she could take off for Canada with another man, leave her clothes tossed around and be considered a pure saint.

[edited to fix spelling]

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

I'm glad that Val spoke up and reminded Lulu that her own behavior wasn't pristine. Lulu was so stupid (or had such an entitlement chip) that she felt she could take off for Canada with another man, leave her clothese tossed aroundm and be considered a pure saint.

So . . . if she had folded her clothes in the hotel room, that would have made all the difference?

• Love 8

So conflicted, Lulu is so GD annoying, but Val is also heading that way, but only partly.

I am going to give this round to Val based solely on her actress' live twitter feed during the show today, which made me happy while I was in an endless conference call.

• Love 2

When she ran off I could have sworn he had a look on his face as if to say "...do I really have to run after her now...?" Before he sort of jogged off disheartened.

While not the biggest fan of his, heh, I will say I sort of feel for the guy getting stuck with such fuckary as this. I don't even blame him for checking out, it's so contrived and poorly, not to mention pathetically, written imho.

I still can't believe they are going to pass up the perfect opportunity of having Sonny find out the truth about Jason so he'd rush to stop the wedding but at some point falls from his wheelchair and then crawls his way along while crying out Jason's name which of course would bring Jake running. Ever the faithful saviour of damsels in distress he'd scoop Sonny up in his arms and Sonny would weakly breathe out his true name "Jason..." before passing out dramatically, triggering a slew of memories which would then cause Jason to have a seizure that would cause him to fall off the docks with the grease-ball in hand and they'd both drown...sorry, got lost in a bit of a fantasy there.

That's expecting Det. Plywood to think and then articulate a compound sentence, something I'm not quite sure he can do.

If anyone deserves to try and deal with the shrew that is about to be an "indignant and betrayed" Maxie unleashed it's this moron. Apparently he is incapable of shutting her down with a simple "I won't betray a friend's confidence just to make you feel better" as any adult would or should.

• Love 7

So conflicted, Lulu is so GD annoying, but Val is also heading that way, but only partly.

I am going to give this round to Val based solely on her actress' live twitter feed during the show today, which made me happy while I was in an endless conference call.

Hey, no need to choose. You can find both really annoying! ;)

• Love 2

But it's late at night on Octovember 31-37. It's still Halloween night and tomorrow in PC time is the following Friday, so that's plenty of time for an emergency DNA test since apparently they gain more than an hour there when they set their clocks back.

• Love 11

So . . . if she had folded her clothes in the hotel room, that would have made all the difference?

LMAO! I always thought Dante's reasoning there was so stupid. Because some clothes were tossed around the room that automatically meant affair. It wasn't even lingerie or anything just...clothes.

Valerie needed to take several seats. It's not that Valerie didn't have a point that Lulu had some culpability in what happened, but Lulu had just been blindsided with a video of Valerie, not only talking about her feelings for Lulu's husband, but admitting she had slept with said husband. Instead of immediately trying to spread the blame around, how about just expressing some remorse. Though I guess that would have been a lie since Valerie doesn't really regret sleeping with Dante.

Sam also needs to shut up. It pains me to say it because I do love her character but I am really tired of her holier than thou attitude with Hayden. I'm not sure if Sam even looked at Franco with this much disdain. And if anyone should have some empathy for Hayden it should be Sam. Hayden came to town and pulled a con and Sam spent her life as a con woman. Hayden was almost fatally shot and so was Sam. Hayden came to town and really only made one major mistake, which she didn't even do out of an act of malice, but because she was being paid. Sam giving Nik attitude makes sense. Nik was a loved family member and his horrible behavior has been surprising and disappointing. Plus, he hurt people Sam cared about. When Hayden scammed Jake I'm not even sure Sam and Jake were even friends. So I don't know why she can't let it go. Her behavior with Hayden is really Carlyesque and that is never a good look on anyone.

• Love 7

I wasn't a fan of Lulu going to a "I took you into my home!" place given how reluctantly she did so and how quickly she then foisted Valerie onto Nikolas.  Lulu and Valerie don't have some deep bond, and they especially didn't then.  Not that, again, that excuses what Valerie did.

I do feel bad for Valerie that Dillon - who was supposed to be her friend, who she confided in and commiserated with - apparently betrayed her so mercilessly.  I really cannot stand him.

LMAO! I always thought Dante's reasoning there was so stupid. Because some clothes were tossed around the room that automatically meant affair. It wasn't even lingerie or anything just...clothes.

The whole set-up was so dumb.  Dante was in Canada for five seconds and left without confronting or questioning her.  No normal person does that!

• Love 8

The whole set-up was so dumb.  Dante was in Canada for five seconds and left without confronting or questioning her.  No normal person does that!

Yes, but......

As I posted at the time, Dante is a cop, so he can't get into family fights. He flies into town, finds out his wife and an attractive man are staying in a hotel room together for a few days, and finds clothes thrown everywhere.

Step one: Fly home without beating Dillon half to death, and without smacking the stupid self love grin off Lulu's face.

Step two: File for divorce, protection order, and custody order (Dante got side tracked by Val's hot bod and forgot because two beers).

Step three: Sexytime with all women at the PCPD, Jordan down to Val, while still caring for the spawn (Dante should have done this after step two)

Edited by Happywatcher

He flies into town, finds out his wife and an attractive man are staying in a hotel room together for a few days, and finds clothes thrown everywhere.

Step one: Fly home without beating Dillon half to death, and without smacking the stupid self love grin off Lulu's face.

Step two: File for divorce, protection order, and custody order (Dante got side tracked by Val's hot bod and forgot because two beers).

But how does clothes strewn everywhere prove anything? Like I pointed out, they weren't even underwear or lingerie or anything like that. So what there were clothes strewn everywhere? All that proved was that his wife and/or Dillon was a slob. And it makes no sense that he didn't confront her at all. If his temper is so great that he couldn't confront Dillon or Lulu without resorting to violence, he shouldn't be a cop.

And a protection order? Because his wife might have been having an affair? Affair or not, doesn't mean she should have been barred from her kids. I feel the same about the situation now. If Lulu decided to divorce Dante over this, it doesn't mean Dante should be kept away from Rocco.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 7

Yes, but......

As I posted at the time, Dante is a cop, so he can't get into family fights. He flies into town, finds out his wife and an attractive man are staying in a hotel room together for a few days, and finds clothes thrown everywhere.

There were two shirts on the bed. Like tvfilmgeek pointed out, it wasn't even lingerie. Dante had good reason to think they might have been cheating, but in no way should have he been thinking it was the only possible scenario. More like a 75% chance, not even a 99.99% chance was going on.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I have little patience for Maxie on the best of days, and I have the feeling the best of days are not coming up.  Considering her history, she has no right to judge either Dante or Valerie, even if it was her business. which it's not.  And if she's gonna give Nathan trouble for keeping his best friend's secret, if I were Nathan, I'd be asking her what she'd have done if it'd been Lulu confiding in her about sleeping with someone else.

Ugh, that was the lamest reveal ever.  Interns don't know how to unplug TVs, take out flash drives, what have you?  Dillon certainly has a sense of entitlement.  So what if he exposed Dante's secret in about as humiliating a way as possible, and threw his good friend, Valerie, under the bus to do it?  He has scruples!  He won't pretend it was the intern's fault and fire him!  Besides, he's obviously the better man for Lulu!  What a maroon.

ETA:  Also?  What the heck is Carly going to compare Jake's DNA to, now that she has it?

I did enjoy drunk Kiki - I know! - lounging in the background, watching the drama unfold with mild interest.  And why does being Dante's cousin entitle Molly to a front row seat?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 5