Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

we would find out that Kiki was the one running the mob all along or something.

That would be awesome. Too bad it will never happen.

The show instantly improves for me with Finola around.

Same here. The woman is magic.

(Ribb Dillinger*)

* - may not actually be Rudd Doorstopper's real name

I believe you mean Royce Dingleberry.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
It's amazing, but Grayson McCouch has somehow made Terrifying Stalker Sloane #1 (Ribb Dillinger*) reasonably more appealing to me. Only marginally less creepy, though. He's quieter, somewhat more tender,

Grayson was kinda starting to grow on me. Once he started using his inside voice, he was more tolerable. And "tender" is great term.  He knew how to have Sloane make a connection with his partner in a scene when it wasn't based on animosity.  His last two episodes were actually decent, and I was hoping he had knocked off the cobwebs on his acting skills.

This Sloane is so plain and uninteresting.  It's like he came from the stock of the Acme House of Good Looking Soap Men.  He's got as much personality as the stock photo of a photo frame.

(Ribb Dillinger*)

* - may not actually be Rudd Doorstopper's real name

I believe you mean Royce Dingleberry.

You sure you both aren't thinking of Space Admiral Rodcocker? [/OITNB]

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

Question about the Spencer/Nik/Hayden and Anna/Emma/Samtrick scenes because I missed stuff - I thought the kiddie love stuff was getting dropped? I heard a line from Spencer about his hope for his future with Emma, and he looked like he was in a school uniform for his first day. Emma seemed to be dressed for public school and wanted to skip it to spend time with Grandma - is she worried about running into Spencer somewhere? I could have sworn she turned him down, and the kids have been pretty much off-screen since then. Can't recall when I last saw Cam, and we know Joss is in Australia with her real parent.  

ETA: So very amusing at the obviousness of Carly having no girl friends (because she despises competition) - the 'women who matter' in Carly's life on her current wedding day aside from her mom and cousin Lulu are wedding planner Maxie (who's never had a relationship with Carly), and cousin Val, who has only met Carly once (?) a few moments after Pat died.  

Shut up, Jordan - the man for Anna is Robert since Duke is gone and didn't deserve Anna anyway. Go look for your idiot hothead son. Yes, TJ a thug with a gun can shoot Sonny - you haven't been around long enough to know his history in PC.

Hayden's snark and Sam's annoyed reaction made me chuckle. 

I like that Sonny got shot at close range in the chest and fell right in front of TJ, to his horror  -a moment after Sonny's trying to look like a badass who's taken charge of the situation and is saving TJ from the thug.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

The stuff about the "kiddie stories" being dropped was something said by Nathan Varni. I never know how seriously to take him in terms of stories. Also, the material right now is still Ron. So I guess we'll see in October what has changed.

I am loving that Michael made it VERY clear that he can't forgive Sonny, and I especially love that he said that he doesn't even think Sonny is sorry for killing AJ.  Michael nailed it.  Sonny is sorry for hurting him and losing him, but he's not sorry for killing AJ, and I'm glad that Michael sees that.  I also love the look he gave to Carly when he said he was coming to the wedding and Carly was "Oh Sonny is going to be so happy!  I can't wait to tell Sonny," and Michael gives her this complete look of scorn and contempt, and Carly's smile just evaporated.  I do love Carly, but she is clueless, and she will remain so.  She just can't get pass her love for Sonny.  I'm not saying she doesn't love her kids because she does, but she sees everything through the prism of her life with her kids and Sonny.  I was very happy to see Michael make it clear that he was going for Morgan.  I just hope that lasts and Sonny doesn't get himself shot so that Michael feels all guilty and crap.  I do like Sonny, unlike many here, but I like the estrangement between him and Michael, and it should be permanent.

On a shallow note:  Chad looks really good in green.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 11

Oh wow Sonny shot again. I won't if he'll survive. rme

Michael shouldn't have step foot anywhere near the wedding. Morgan's not a toddler who needed him to hold his hand there. Where are Joss and Lucas? I hope Jax kept her and refused to let her attend that farce.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Oh please, Michael, Carly isn't the best mom in the room.

I suppose Sonny will rescue TJ, thus redeeming himself in Michael's eyes.

The suit wasn't a good fit, but Ric was rocking the nerd look yesterday.

• Love 6

Oh wow Sonny shot again. I won't if he'll survive. rme

Michael shouldn't have step foot anywhere near the wedding. Morgan's not a toddler who needed him to hold his hand there. Where are Joss and Lucas? I hope Jax kept her and refused to let her attend that farce.

She probably forgot to even tell Joss and Jax.

I like how they kept saying only close family should be there and yet Valerie and Maxie get invited over Lucas. I guess that's what happens when some of your family have contracts and the other inexplicably doesn't.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I suspect that a spumor is true, and that the Mr. Big behind T.J.'s kidnapping, the hijacks, etc. is

Ric. It's random, but it's also typical Ric, frankly. He has always been obsessed with everything Sonny had. That is a Ric The Schemer story I would actually be interested in, as opposed to the sub-DOOL level capers of "Ric gets Jason a fake wife" and "Ric marries Crazy Nina who he has never met before." Ric is a great bad guy - and could've been an interesting reformed guy had Ron given him the chance - but he needs a better caliber of bad than what Ron gave him.

I really like this idea! From your post to the writers' scripts...

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 1

Shut up, Bobbie.

I thought that when Bobbie was saying she was 15 and pregnant and fantasizing re: Carly. I just. could NOT with that crap. Bobbie only exists on this show nowadays to prop either TG (no more, thank goodness) or her worthless daughter. Yes, I'm still mad she got left out of the dead Jake-Joss transplant storyline, esp. given her history with JJ +BH/Lucky and Liz.

• Love 2

Will it matter in the long run? It never does.

Will it probably be what causes the incredibly dysfunctional and lame and stupid and ridiculous and utterly, and always, pathetic Corinthos clan to "ban together"? I've no doubt.

Will it lead to a lot of people waxing poetic about Sonny and what "he means to them" despite being his usual victims of abuse, mistreatment, cheating, and shitty, or in general nonexistent, parenting alongside other such similar fuckary nonsense? But of course.

But even still, despite knowing all that and more to be true, that greasy, slithery, shouty, slimy, violent, disgusting, boorish, brainless, worthless, womanzing asshole got shot today.

Today was a good day.

• Love 5

Between Bobbie's bustline unintentionally (?) dominating her scenes with the bridal posse, the ongoing look-into-the-light that is Rebecca Budig's abs, and Liv's skinny jeans...I had enough shallow Pretty to distract me from the fact that the confrontation between Sonny and Charlie came straight out of Passions and dragged on faaaaaaaar too long before the first vaguely interesting thing happened (TJ's "shit just got real" face).  And then it dragged on faaaaaar too long again before our mysterious gunner almost literally went "It was a boring conversation anyway..." and finally shot the mofo, but by then it was less "Yes, the bastard got shot!" and much more "Well, damn, finally."

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 7

I thought that when Bobbie was saying she was 15 and pregnant and fantasizing re: Carly. I just. could NOT with that crap. Bobbie only exists on this show nowadays to prop either TG (no more, thank goodness) or her worthless daughter. Yes, I'm still mad she got left out of the dead Jake-Joss transplant storyline, esp. given her history with JJ +BH/Lucky and Liz.

Poor Bobbie I swear Carlys the worse thing that happened to her.Bobbie should be working at the hospital.That reminds me whose running kellys these days?

• Love 5

Too bad TJ getting kidnapped won't make the scales fall from his eyes about Sonny and the mob.

"Carly doesn't worry about things that don't concern her." Olivia, have you met Carly? She makes everything her business.

I'm surprised the cross Valerie gave Carly didn't burst into flames when Carly put it on. 

Sam is an idiot. How about you make sure your ducks are in a row before you start throwing accusations around? Good grief.

• Love 6

Did Morgan use "polluted" as a metaphor for drunk?

No Morgan. No.

But maybe I heard wrong.

When are we going to get to the episode where Port Charles High is having a talent show and Valerie gets up and sings "On My Own", with Joey Potter playing keyboard in the background?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

She probably forgot to even tell Joss and Jax.

I think she had a line at one point that she was specifically not going to tell Jax until after the wedding because he would give her shit about it, the same plan she used last year when she was going to marry the SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 4
I'm surprised the cross Valerie gave Carly didn't burst into flames when Carly put it on.

It shocked me that Carly herself wasn't engulfed in hell fire when she put it on. And by "shocked" I really mean "disappointed".

• Love 19

Too bad TJ getting kidnapped won't make the scales fall from his eyes about Sonny and the mob.

If anything, it'll make TJ stan even harder for Sonny. "Sonny put his life on the line to save me! AND was shot for his efforts!" Never mind that TJ wouldn't have been kidnapped if he wasn't living in Sonny's house, showing that he's in some way important to Sonny.

• Love 7

OMG SONNY'S BEEN SHOT WILL HE LIVE OMG!?!?

...it's just...I can't believe TPTB don't realize how bogus this is.  OLTL did it several times with VicTodd - he'd get beaten up or shot and lapse into a coma and all his sins would be washed away as his family begged and pleaded for him to live.  And it's such a lame narrative band-aid.  

And that's what's gonna happen next week, no doubt.  Michael will say something like, "I lost one father, I can't lose another!", leaving aside the fact that he lost his father because of the asshole who's now been shot completely because of his own choices to be in the mob.

• Love 17

I really REALLY wanted TJ to get shot. Maybe not fatally but shot just the same. Then maybe, just MAYBE he would finally see that living in Sonnu's house and 'under his protection' is not really all it's cracked up to be.

• Love 12

Wasn't Sonny just shot? Like, months ago? I can't remember anything anymore, the endless shootings and hospital stays all run together for me.

...it's just...I can't believe TPTB don't realize how bogus this is.  OLTL did it several times with VicTodd - he'd get beaten up or shot and lapse into a coma and all his sins would be washed away as his family begged and pleaded for him to live.  And it's such a lame narrative band-aid. 

Like when Rapin'-Ass Victor was persuaded to fight for life thanks to his ridiculous ER fever dream of 40-year-old John McBain marrying his 16-year-old daughter. What the fuck!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

OMG SONNY'S BEEN SHOT WILL HE LIVE OMG!?!?

This is how Ron came on, and how Ron is going out. How full circle. (His first episode was Dante giving him a beautiful reaming out, and then he pushed Dante out of the way and got shot in the shoulder (!!) and Dante was all "wow I guess you really do love me" even though that's not even what Dante was pissed about!)

I'd rather it be him at this point because there's nothing more nauseating about Sonny blathering on about how the hurts of his loved ones hurt him more than when he's hurt himself.

I'm willing to concede the look Valerie's face might have been guilt when Lulu talked about her wedding night. 

Jordan, re: Anna sleeping with Sloane: Were you drunk? 

Heh.

Jordan: He did try to have me killed, after all.

Awkward.

I laughed so hard at the end.

Every time Sonny is acting tough I always glance around me in nervousness as if a real mobster is going to appear out of thin air and see what I am watching.

Like when Rapin'-Ass Victor was persuaded to fight for life thanks to his ridiculous ER fever dream of 40-year-old John McBain marrying his 16-year-old daughter. What the fuck!

Wait wait wait this is a thing that happened? They made Michael Easton act that out?? I wish I had been there man.

• Love 6

Wait wait wait this is a thing that happened? They made Michael Easton act that out?? I wish I had been there man.

I guess I'll have to go put it in the OLTL folder. If I can find it. (I did!) Amazingly, it happened to the same character for two years straight at exactly the same time.

Edited by jsbt

I was actually thinking about the time in 2011 when VicTodd went all bananas about Dani sleeping with Old Man Nate, busted them as they were About To Do It, and then threatened/beat up Nate.  Dani was super pissed about his creepy controlling ways, but then, VicTodd was shot and lapsed into a coma and all of that was forgiven and forgotten.  Ugh.

But yeah, that fever dream from 2010 with the bizarre-as-hell John/Dani moment definitely fits Ron's formula.

Wasn't Sonny just shot? Like, months ago? I can't remember anything anymore, the endless shootings and hospital stays all run together for me.

The last time I remember Sonny in the hospital was when he quote unquote "saved" Michael et. al from Fluke's bomb on the Haunted Star and that was in February.  And it too was supposed to gloss over the rift between him and Michael.

• Love 2

I was actually thinking about the time in 2011 when VicTodd went all bananas about Dani sleeping with Old Man Nate, busted them as they were About To Do It, and then threatened/beat up Nate.

He also pretended to shoot them with a fake gun in front of Starr and Téa. Victor/Sonny loves too much! Okay, we're back to GH.

• Love 3

He also pretended to shoot them with a fake gun in front of Starr and Téa. Victor/Sonny loves too much! Okay, we're back to GH.

And then he and Tea had kinky sexy, if memory serves.

Which would be right up Carly's alley, actually.

• Love 2

Maxie freaking out about How Can We Possibly Accommodate Two Last Minute Guests was especially unconvincing in light of the fact that judging by the number of chairs Graciella put out for the wedding, there are only going to be seven guests total. Just throw a couple more Steak-Umms in the microwave. It will be fine.

I don't like either actor as Sloan, but when Derringer as Sloan was trying to make Anna feel better by saying, "yes, you were over the line, but you couldn't see the line," I was thinking if that were McCouch, he'd then scream out, "THE LINE WAS A DOT TO YOU!" and then I felt sad about the missed opportunity.

I was about 30% sure that that is a Nik imposter but those shorts bump it up to 70%.

• Love 15

Maxie freaking out about How Can We Possibly Accommodate Two Last Minute Guests was especially unconvincing in light of the fact that judging by the number of chairs Graciella put out for the wedding, there are only going to be seven guests total. Just throw a couple more Steak-Umms in the microwave. It will be fine.

I don't like either actor as Sloan, but when Derringer as Sloan was trying to make Anna feel better by saying, "yes, you were over the line, but you couldn't see the line," I was thinking if that were McCouch, he'd then scream out, "THE LINE WAS A DOT TO YOU!" and then I felt sad about the missed opportunity.

I was about 30% sure that that is a Nik imposter but those shorts bump it up to 70%.

My stomach hurts from laughing. Thank you for that.

• Love 3

But yeah, that fever dream from 2010 with the bizarre-as-hell John/Dani moment definitely fits Ron's formula.

I just watched it. If that's what I have to look forward to with Sonny and the family, I don't think I can't make it. I might have to skip the next month.

And then he and Tea had kinky sexy, if memory serves.

Which would be right up Carly's alley, actually.

Did you see the way Sonny was moving today? There are no kinky moves going on in bed.

• Love 4

Why can't the shooter be an alive AJ?

Because THAT? Hee. The internet would explode. The audience would explode. And well.....Sonny would look like the douche he is, if he DARED even try to get "revenge". Really, it could be the last "back from the dead" story GH would ever, ever need.

• Love 12

Did you see the way Sonny was moving today? There are no kinky moves going on in bed.

Yeah, Sonny and Carly have a rich history going back to that wild first time with Sarah Brown and that Billy Corgan instrumental track, but they have nothing on Victor and Téa.

I don't think anything as perverse or camp as either of those near-death incidents is coming with Sonny, a character GH has much more consistently portraying as having a heart however profoundly damaged. As bad as Sonny can get, they have never gone as dark with him as they did the other character in question.

I don't think we'll have any dream sequences, but I can definitely see Carly begging Sonny not to die as Michael and Morgan hold her back, Morgan having jazz hands fits over his bed, Michael and Dante holding his hands and pleading "dad come back to us!", Valerie sad because it reminds her of her mom, etc etc. :shudder:

• Love 5

I was terrified today.

Bobbi in HD?  Should be criminal.

Sonny shot?  ~yawn~

Which would be right up Carly's alley, actually {sorry, quotes not working}

sooner or later, everything winds up Carly's alley, amirite?

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

I'm not saying she doesn't love her kids because she does,

This had me howling with laughter for a good five minutes. Carly only loves Jason and herself. Everyone else is a tool to be used to her benefit, and discarded is the person no longer any use to her.

• Love 9

And because this is the one genuinely well-timed place to invoke it: the Sonny, the.

Why can't the shooter be an alive AJ?

Because THAT? Hee. The internet would explode. The audience would explode. And well.....Sonny would look like the douche he is, if he DARED even try to get "revenge". Really, it could be the last "back from the dead" story GH would ever, ever need.

I want to have mad passionate Julexis sex with this idea.  It'd have to be linked to Hels (or Nik if they insist on the Black Prince officially replacing the White Queen), and coming after Luke's epic trainwreck it'd have a time of it, but still--a slightly crazy, resurrected AJ taking a potshot at Sonny for taking him out?  This would be the awesomest thing this fakakta show's done in ages, though the fallout probably would make us all regret they ever went there (let's not kid ourselves--apart from Michael, maybe, this would be all about the Scowl).

• Love 7

P3pp3rb1rd, I don't even disagree with your wish. Something has to stop TJ's b.s. I'm just frustrated at whoever crafts Jordan's dialogue. A real life person would  say, "I didn't set up Shawn. I caught him in the act, and there were witnesses and uniforms on the scene, seconds later. Why aren't you more mad that Shawn was trying to kill someone, than that I was an undercover agent trying to bust a drug ring? What's wrong with you?"

She basically did say elements of that.  T.J. just wouldn't hear any of it.

• Love 3