Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

I forgot about that - I hated her saying Jasus' grief was the worst. Yes, Sam, sure was worse for the man who barely knew the kid than it was for his own mother and brother, who lived with him everyday. I swear, every Jasus-centric moment she has makes it really really hard for me to like her. Same for Liz right now, too.

I don't really think she meant that his pain was worse....I think she said "especially" because his pain was right in front of her.  She lived with him, she saw it every single day.  To me it makes sense she singled him out, because that was the personal connection for her.  It doesn't really take away from anyone else's grief. 

Patrick is an idiot, and on top of that, he's written to have no balls. Sam is NEVER at the hospital to see him. She's there to see if he's done what she's asked him to do. And when it's confirmed he is, she says ILY. It's borderline manipulative. If I gave a flying fuck about Patrick, I would be livid that he's stuck in this passionless, useless relationship where's he's not even allowed to raise his voice to her. Has he ever yelled at her? Disagreed with her? Refused to do something? Or was that just exclusive to sucky Robin? This is Patrina Part 2 and I'm over it. And JT looks half-asleep in every scene.

She has been to the hospital a bunch of times just to see Patrick.  This one time it was for another reason, I don't see anything manipulative about that. 

Oh Liz....no words for how disgusting you were today.  None.  I don't think she knows Nikolas had Hayden shot, I think she is pulling it out of her ass, and that is why she acted the way she did when he showed up.  I think she thinks if Nikolas is confronted he will shoot it down as ridiculous, and then Liz would have nothing to manipulate Laura with.  Liz is in for a rude awakening when she realizes he did in in fact have Hayden shot.  But she is so disgusting at this point, I can see her pushing that aside as well.  I wanted Laura to haul off and smack her pathetic little face after she had the gall to say that her and Monica's pain wasn't the same. 

Is it too much to hope that Nina and Franco killed SIlas together, and that is how they will be written out??  Please????  I also want a million dollars and a unicorn.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 13
(edited)

She has been to the hospital a bunch of times just to see Patrick.

This is a serious question...when? Since they started dating, when has Sam visited Patrick where it was exclusively about him? And didn't turn into info about Jake/Jason/Liz/Hayden?

Edited by HeatLifer

So... it's fairly obvious that Franco is going to somehow put himself up as the main suspect to protect Nina, isn't it? Because OMGTHEIRLOVEISSOPURE!

Better he do that, then figure out that Ava actually did it... and then kill Ava -- (he can maim Morgan while he's at it, why not?) out of revenge but because he put an end to Ava that means he goes down and then Nina can throw herself on the sword along with him and Port Charles can be rid of that entire infestation.

• Love 7
(edited)

OMMGGGGG I can't breathe!!!! I just heard that my girl Lexi Ainsworth is back :D . She was the whole reason I started being a regular watcher on GH and I think her firing was one of the stupidest decisions ever back then. I just can't right now! I'm so excited to see Krsitina/Lexi again.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2

This is a serious question...when? Since they started dating, when has Sam visited Patrick where it was exclusively about him? And didn't turn into info about Jake/Jason/Liz/Hayden?

I don't have specific dates, but there have been a few times where she is there to either just see him or pick him up.  It usually turns into something else, but the main reason she is even at GH is to see Patrick.  I can go back and look at clips, but I have to be somewhere for dinner soon. 

I don't have specific dates, but there have been a few times where she is there to either just see him or pick him up.  It usually turns into something else, but the main reason she is even at GH is to see Patrick.  I can go back and look at clips, but I have to be somewhere for dinner soon.

I agree. I can't name anything off the top of my head. But just because Sam shows up to pick up Patrick/hang out with him, and the scene ends up becoming about Jake/Hayden/Nikolas or whoever, doesn't negate Sam's initial purpose for being there. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't have specific dates, but there have been a few times where she is there to either just see him or pick him up. It usually turns into something else, but the main reason she is even at GH is to see Patrick. I can go back and look at clips, but I have to be somewhere for dinner soon.

Oh, no worries! I would never ask anyone to search for clips. I was seriously wondering.

I agree. I can't name anything off the top of my head. But just because Sam shows up to pick up Patrick/hang out with him, and the scene ends up becoming about Jake/Hayden/Nikolas or whoever, doesn't negate Sam's initial purpose for being there.

I disagree. That's not a relationship. You can't just have Sam come to the hospital with one-liners like "Let's go to dinner" and then talk about something completely different and then act like she was there for Patrick. It's a disservice to the actors, the characters, and the fans. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

It's happy hour on Friday.  Mai tais are being served on the Scorpio deck on the barge.

And like, Silas died today? Wow -- 1 of 8 down.  Only Franco, Nina, Ava, Kiki, Madeline, Dr. O, and Julian to go.

• Love 4

I disagree. That's not a relationship. You can't just have Sam come to the hospital with one-liners like "Let's go to dinner" and then talk about something completely different and then act like she was there for Patrick. It's a disservice to the actors, the characters, and the fans.

You're not going to see me defending the writing or the relationship. I've never been a fan, or wanted, Sam/Patrick together. But you were acting as if Sam was this manipulative shrew who never went to see Patrick without some ulterior motive, which is not true at all. If Sam goes there to see him genuinely, and then the conversation ends up being steered in some other direction, crappy writing, sure, but it doesn't negate Sam's initial intention for the visit.

Oh sure they kill off Silas but the abominations that are Franco and Kiki still are still around.

*sniff* bye McBain er I mean Silas.

I'll kinda sorta miss ya.

Only thing I am liking these days are that Laura is back, I think she's just what PC needed. 

• Love 5
I wanted Laura to haul off and smack her pathetic little face after she had the gall to say that her and Monica's pain wasn't the same.

Liz is becoming so disgusting and vile that I sometimes wonder if the show is either turning her into a long-term outright villain or if she is actually going to leave town and BH is leaving or something. But Laura and Monica should take turns slapping her.

I cannot WAIT for her to crash and burn. But then, if neither of the above is true, we'll just get real or fake breakdown 2,908 and her boohooing as some guy (Patrick? Someone else?) will be there to "there, there, sweet flower" her...again.

• Love 1

You're not going to see me defending the writing or the relationship. I've never been a fan, or wanted, Sam/Patrick together. But you were acting as if Sam was this manipulative shrew who never went to see Patrick without some ulterior motive, which is not true at all. If Sam goes there to see him genuinely, and then the conversation ends up being steered in some other direction, crappy writing, sure, but it doesn't negate Sam's initial intention for the visit.

I'm confused. I said "borderline manipulative," which doesn't mean I believe she's actually manipulative. It means the way this relationship is presented, it makes it appear that Sam says one-liners about how she's "here to see Patrick" but it's never about him. It's about placing her at the hospital to randomly run into Jakeson or talk about Liz/Hayden/Nik. It's just MO.

Nina's repeating her lines was just horrible today. What is with MS's acting choices?

New here? 

Michelle's been doing that since she first showed up.  Since she first. showed. up. Firrrrrrrst [more dramatic pause] shooooooowed [pause] UP!

In fact, hand to God, I thought I accidently opened the first page of this thread.

When will she be gone? PLEASE tell me she'll be gone soon!

• Love 17

Liz is becoming so disgusting and vile that I sometimes wonder if the show is either turning her into a long-term outright villain or if she is actually going to leave town and BH is leaving or something. But Laura and Monica should take turns slapping her.

I cannot WAIT for her to crash and burn. But then, if neither of the above is true, we'll just get real or fake breakdown 2,908 and her boohooing as some guy (Patrick? Someone else?) will be there to "there, there, sweet flower" her...again.

Maybe it's bcause I'm not watching the show I'm just going by people's comments and recaps(and they're hilarious)but I don't think Liz is a horrible crazy person because of this.

I don't see Liz as a villian and I don't like Liz or really dislike her(I just need the characters I like away from her)but this story doesn't make her a bad person to me, eh whatever.

(edited)

New here?

Michelle's been doing that since she first showed up. Since she first. showed. up. Firrrrrrrst [more dramatic pause] shooooooowed [pause] UP!

In fact, hand to God, I thought I accidently opened the first page of this thread.

When will she be gone? PLEASE tell me she'll be gone soon!

Michelle may be a horrible actress playing an abysmal character, but at least she isn't involved in a toxic face cream pyramid scheme.

On a related note, Liz may be an abysmal character now, but Becky is an amazing actress!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I'm really hoping she doesn't actually believe Nik had Hayden shot

The way things have played prior to this scene, it seemed like Liz suspected Nikolas of having Hayden shot, but didn't *believe beyond a shadow of a doubt* he did it and truly didn't want to know, one way or the other. I figure she hopes Laura would be like "yeah, Liz is probably right, but I don't want to talk about this anymore, I don't want to think about my son being guilty of something so heinous, so let's just drop the whole topic and keep the secret between us." Because choosing denial has worked so well for them in the past.

How stupid that Franco finds Nina over Silas' body with the knife in her hand.  Why couldn't they have Kiki find him instead and have it be more of a whodunit between Franco, NIna, Ava and Morgan.  Nina clearly didn't do it, but stupidly pulled the knife out.  Franco will stupidly take the blame.  Ugh.  I don't want to watch that.  The stupid, it burns.  

How stupid that Franco finds Nina over Silas' body with the knife in her hand.  Why couldn't they have Kiki find him instead and have it be more of a whodunit between Franco, NIna, Ava and Morgan.

Who would believe that a SERIAL KILLER like Franco could murder someone?

• Love 5

Because RC is still obsessed with Todd and Blair

Weird, because it's Todd/Tea that he liked.

I swear to God, though... if Franco takes Nina somewhere to wash her hands... 

I remember a storyline before I started watching GH... it was Mac, Felicia and Ryan. Felicia was in a mental hospital or something? Did Ryan put her there? I don't recall... I just remember seeing a lot promos for it at the time. But I know Mac definitely rescued her or something. But see... that's heroic.

I can't get with a serial killer as a love interest for a Rip Van Winkle nutbar. They should both get sent off to a padded room never to be seen again. I feel that there were probably a few different ways they could have made this more palatable but it begins and ends with one very important thing: No Franco.

We can argue the ramifications of Sonny and Jason and the mob but the mafia has had a dark Romantic flavor that goes hand in hand with the violence. The 30s and the Godfather movies plus any number of other media covers that particular fascination. Serial killers are not romantic. They are not. They cannot be romantic. What's more, Franco never worked for any kind of 'redemption' it was all instant. He shows up with DVDs to say 'Hey! I didn't actually DO those awful things that I did! And those awful things I actually DID do were because of a brain tumor! Woo hoo! Sexy man here!'

They weren't ever going to succeed in redeeming Franco. It is Carlivati's immense ego and belief that he can write anyone into any corner and right back out that resulted in this. And it needs to stop. Franco needs to go. Period.

• Love 13

I left the barge to see how things are in Port Charles now that Geary is gone and Ron C.s work is on the way out.....I don't think I'll be staying long enough to dry off.

So we have Elizabeth being the biggest asshole she's ever been and that's a real stretch to begin with, pulling Laura in with her bogus concerns about Nickolas when all she really cares about is keeping access to the Jason peen.  What a loser.  I never really disliked her this much before.

Morgan getting all huffy because Silas is actually going to do the right thing, so he's off to shut Silas up.   Stupid is one thing, but Morgan is clown car stupid.  And Ava is driving that car.  Sorry to say, she's in Dr. O. territory for me these days.

Then all that other crap with Howarth and MS and Ava - and the MUSIC!  GAWD, the MUSIC!

And now I hear that Budig's character is not only waking up, she's on contract.  We get rid of Geary and gain Budig.  That's like getting rid of jock itch but contracting a fungal infection.  Her presence alone will keep me on the barge.  The woman has one note in playbook - petulant self-centered delusional twit - and Show is already over their quota with that type.  Plus, she was one of the factors that ruined AMC.  

I guess there's no where to go but sideways with this show.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I thought Genie Francis was great today. Although, I thought Elizabeth made Laura a little weak towards the end of the episode. I almost Laura was going to have a breakdown. I really Laura on the canvas sans Luke. I'm looking forward to her return in the fall. Of course, there are new writers so they may hate Laura just like RC did.

• Love 6

I thought Genie Francis was great today. Although, I thought Elizabeth made Laura a little weak towards the end of the episode. I almost Laura was going to have a breakdown. I really Laura on the canvas sans Luke. I'm looking forward to her return in the fall. Of course, there are new writers so they may hate Laura just like RC did.

RC had a lot of faults, but didn't hate Laura. He wanted to reunite her and Luke. TG blocked him.

• Love 5

And now I hear that Budig's character is not only waking up, she's on contract.

I haven't heard that, she is?  I like Rebecca Budig the actress okay, but there's no need for Rebecca Budig the character.

• Love 1

I haven't heard that, she is?  I like Rebecca Budig the actress okay, but there's no need for Rebecca Budig the character.

It was confirmed on Michael Fairman's site today, otherwise I would only have mentioned it in spoilers.

RC had a lot of faults, but didn't hate Laura. He wanted to reunite her and Luke. TG blocked him.

Its too bad RC was such a shitty writer because a few weeks ago in one of the mags he was talking about how that laura,Holly,lucy,scotty ect were GH to him.

• Love 1

Genie is awesome at playing trying to contain Laura's shock heartbreak, anger ... and fear that her son is capable of being a monster.

Let's see...Nik father is Stavros Cassadine, whose parents are Mikkos and Helena Cassadine...how could he possibly be a monster? :P

Yay, I've wanted John McBain to die for years!  ...oh, that guy's name was Silas?  Eh, same thing.

Just remember, Silas' "undead" lookalike brother Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley is still out there.

And like, Silas died today? Wow -- 1 of 8 down.  Only Franco, Nina, Ava, Kiki, Madeline, Dr. O, and Julian to go.

Except for Franco and Julian, all of those characters were created during RC's tenure, and Franco and Julian are completely divorced from their previous incarnations under past regimes.  Let's hope the new co-head writers sweep them all off the canvas.

• Love 1

Yup.  The coma will be her brain tumor.

Oh God.  Brain tumor......like whatshisname on AMC when they "cut the bad out".  

I need to restock the liquor cabinet on the barge.  With Budig in town it's gonna be a LOOOOOOONG stay.

• Love 2

I guess I'll sit all alone in my corner and be happy that Rebecca Budig is back to stay.  I love her.

I'm confused. I said "borderline manipulative," which doesn't mean I believe she's actually manipulative. It means the way this relationship is presented, it makes it appear that Sam says one-liners about how she's "here to see Patrick" but it's never about him. It's about placing her at the hospital to randomly run into Jakeson or talk about Liz/Hayden/Nik. It's just MO.

Yeah but the point is that she doesn't go to the hospital with the INTENT to run into these people and discuss those things, it's just how it's written.  So Sam, as a character, isn't going to see Patrick to demand things from him, she goes to see her boyfriend.  If anything is manipulative it's the sloppy writers that can't think of more creative ways to play out scenes.  And let's face it, nothing has been about Patrick in a long time.

• Love 3

Let's see...Nik father is Stavros Cassadine, whose parents are Mikkos and Helena Cassadine...how could he possibly be a monster? :P

There's about two decades of PC behavior that contradict that "nature" argument.

• Love 4

I guess I'll sit all alone in my corner and be happy that Rebecca Budig is back to stay. I love her.

Yeah but the point is that she doesn't go to the hospital with the INTENT to run into these people and discuss those things, it's just how it's written. So Sam, as a character, isn't going to see Patrick to demand things from him, she goes to see her boyfriend. If anything is manipulative it's the sloppy writers that can't think of more creative ways to play out scenes. And let's face it, nothing has been about Patrick in a long time.

Oh, I know that the writers intent is for Samtrick to be in love and they're completely innocent, etc. However, I do think yesterday's bed scene and today's hospital scene played kinda weird, but I won't bug you with that, lol.

Also, I love Budig, too! I just hate how Ron wrote Hayden.

• Love 3