Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

At first, when the previous actor played Sloane he was written to hate Anna and wanted to bring her down. Now, with Grayson McCouch playing Sloane the writers are trying to reinvent the role and make him Anna's love interest.

Except the writers haven't bothered to explain why.  Why, when he first came to town gunning for her because he thought she killed a man in her custody and disposed of the body, is he now helping her dispose of the body of the man she killed in her custody with almost  no hesitation.

And what about Felicia (who?)?  Does Anna really not care that Sloane helped screw over one of her closest friends?

• Love 4
(edited)

She was so embarrassing with slapping her ass, and really Ron? This is what you call good television?

During Nina's ass slapping scene, I felt like I stumbled upong Michele Stafford and Roger Howarth workshopping for an improv class. It actually helped, because then I didn't have to remember someone wrote and directed this nonsense. Stafford's performance is sometimes too tic-laden for me, but at least she engages with the crazy crap that's been written for her. Er… I mean the stuff she and Howarth are workshopping. 

Howarth, I enjoy him, despite myself. I didn't watch OLTL. I had no loyalty to him. I know the history of the Franco character on this show. I just refuse to associate his Franco with James Franco's Franco the serial killer. Howarth's Franco is just some man who had the misfortune to fall in love with Carly, while Sonny still slithers down the docs of Port Charles. 

But grief or hate sex on this show is a crutch used because they either choose not to or don't know how to develop a romance based on some combination of attraction, genuine like, and/or respect.  If they had introduced Sloane differently, I could see her turning to him and him to her.  This turnaround was another radical 180 degree one.

This. They do not bother to develop romances (or other relationships) on this show (or on my other one, either) anymore. It's too plot driven for my taste. That said, I am not bored when I watch GH. I get annoyed, or I cringe, but I'm not bored. My other soap can hardly keep my attention, even when my favorites are on the screen.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4

Except the writers haven't bothered to explain why.  Why, when he first came to town gunning for her because he thought she killed a man in her custody and disposed of the body, is he now helping her dispose of the body of the man she killed in her custody with almost  no hesitation.

And what about Felicia (who?)?  Does Anna really not care that Sloane helped screw over one of her closest friends?

Wimmens don't have time to worry about friends when dick is available.

~Ron

• Love 2

I read here yesterday so I thought I was prepared...but-but-but....my Anna having to sleep with that Neanderthal made me just about lose my coffee this morning.  I knew it was coming for a while.  Ronnie (I hate calling him that--it's my baby bro's name) is sooo subtle *rme* with the anvils and all.  FH sold her scenes, tho.  Also, the CR bottle was just over half-full when they started (I love CR).

Love IK and she always makes me smile.  Old Ryan's Hope watcher, here.  But didn't Ava tip her hand when she let slip the "Irish lace curtain" thing?  If she never laid eyes on Delia how would she know that?

Just glad to have MW back.

I just started watching Y&R in Nov....I'll blame my Mom, she's been watching since the beginning... and I can't imagine MSt as Phyllis.  Gina Togilioni (sp?) is awesome in that role (former OLTL).  That slapping her rear and whatever the hell else she was doing made me cringe.  It wasn't even funny bad....just BAD.

But I did love the dress.

Nik trying to take over ELQ means more Q's on my screen.  I'm a happy camper.  But isn't Ned gone now?   :-(

• Love 2
But didn't Ava tip her hand when she let slip the "Irish lace curtain" thing?  If she never laid eyes on Delia how would she know that?

Ava said "wanna be lace-curtain Irish," and people had been talking about the Ryans. The connection is a little weak, but I don't think it's entirely out of the blue.

• Love 1

Thanks for reminding me that Sonny was threatening to kill and kidnap a pregnant woman for months

But he's oh so much better than Ric.  Ric was going to kill Carly and take her baby, but Sonny was going to kill Ava and take her baby.  Ric bad.  Sonny good.

• Love 5

But he's oh so much better than Ric.  Ric was going to kill Carly and take her baby, but Sonny was going to kill Ava and take her baby.  Ric bad.  Sonny good.

I think Ric's much better, because I still don't recall him ever mentioning killing Carly.  He said nothing about it.

(edited)

Dante: I would tell her she should be begging Anna to come back

yeah ya would

I could just feel Sloane thinking "well yeeeeah you kinda did betray him but it was awesome so let's betray him again!"

Poor Kiki's dad, knowing he will have to listen to Kiki and Morgan going at it in the next room.

oh em gee don't do it Tracy. Tracy fighting temptation to say yes was depressing me.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Speaking of Dillon, I wasn't watching GH when the character returned to Port Charles as a teen. Did he ever know his dad (Paul) never actually liked Tracy, let alone wanted to be married to her? If not, now would be a good time to bring up that he's aged/matured since the last time he was in Port Charles and doesn't want to see Tracy settle for Luke yet again, esp. since his father was hardly a loving, stellar husband. I vaguely recall him pining endlessly for Ned's wife at the time. 

Are we going to be "treated" to a scene of Lulu introducing Dillon to Dante, with a re-hash of "yeah, he's been my stepbrother on and off, he got me pregnant in the boat house, I had an abortion. Maybe this is awkward?"

• Love 2
(edited)

MWOP turned a bit toward to MWP, and that is just sad.

Shawn taste aside, I can live with Jordan picking up where Anna left in terms of the very fictional ring of pretty cops at her beckon call. Though I've been expecting Commish Dante so that's disappointing.

Dillon? Really? Is Ned officially gone now?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
(edited)
Are we going to be "treated" to a scene of Lulu introducing Dillon to Dante, with a re-hash of "yeah, he's been my stepbrother on and off, he got me pregnant in the boat house, I had an abortion. Maybe this is awkward?"

Dante knows all that, except for maybe the part about the locale of the sex, but he knows about the sex in general.

Dillon? Really? Is Ned officially gone now?

Yeah, his last airdate was May 20.

Shawn taste aside, I can live with Jordan picking up where Anna left in terms of the very fictional ring of pretty cops at her beckon call. Though I've been expecting Commish Dante so that's disappointing.

Unfortunately I don't think Dante could ever be commissioner unless he totally repudiated Sonny. Sure, it doesn't look good now either as a detective but if he were still having boxing dates with the local mob boss as commissioner it would be a little much.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

That's Ok  - Valerie can mediate.

Speaking of Dillon, I wasn't watching GH when the character returned to Port Charles as a teen. Did he ever know his dad (Paul) never actually liked Tracy, let alone wanted to be married to her? If not, now would be a good time to bring up that he's aged/matured since the last time he was in Port Charles and doesn't want to see Tracy settle for Luke yet again, esp. since his father was hardly a loving, stellar husband. I vaguely recall him pining endlessly for Ned's wife at the time.

Yeah, I think he knew or at the very least, he definitely didn't have a good relationship with Paul, so it wasn't like he was haranguing Tracy for not having been a good wife or ruining the marriage. 

• Love 1

So we're really supposed to believe that this isn't Ava? Really?

I think we were supposed to GASP with shock when Silas (which, ugh, did not miss) showed up and confronted her about really being Ava.

• Love 1

I just started watching Y&R in Nov....I'll blame my Mom, she's been watching since the beginning... and I can't imagine MSt as Phyllis.  Gina Togilioni (sp?) is awesome in that role (former OLTL).  That slapping her rear and whatever the hell else she was doing made me cringe.  It wasn't even funny bad....just BAD.

True story: I was an original Y&R viewer (CBS affiliate was the only "local" channel and my mom was obsessed with her "stories). The beginning of the end for me with that one? MSt and her unbearable "acting" choices as Phyllis.

Guess what helped drive me back to the barge on this one.

• Love 8
(edited)

So we're really supposed to believe that this isn't Ava? Really?

I think we were supposed to GASP with shock when Silas (which, ugh, did not miss) showed up and confronted her about really being Ava.

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but wasn't the flashback to Ava in the bar revealing herself to be alive to Delia pretty much the clincher that Denise DeMuccio is Ava (and Delia, at least, is in on it)? 

This is assuming any viewer was fooled in the first place.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I actually really liked Michael and Morgan's detente, because Michael did get his licks in and Morgan did (finally!) admit fault. It also helped that they were both sweaty and shirtless after yet another ridiculous boxing match, as Bryan's body was in rare form and Chad Duell's chest continues to amaze.

I was so glad Anna rejected Sloane, but I know it won't last. Also, I'll give him a chance, but I must say NuDillon does not look like a Mark Teschner hire. Physically, at least, he looks like a graduate of the Frank Valentini Performance Skool.

• Love 4

Color me surprised, Morgan actually admitted to doing wrong in the end. I thought he'd hold onto his "So I drugged you, so what?" stance for a bit longer, if not forever.

Say no Tracy and let Luke mooch off some other chick. Hi NuDillon! You don't look as cute as your IMDB pics. But that's GH for you, always making people look worse than usual.

Jordan for Commish…I. Am. So. Shocked.

Poor Sloane. All he wants to do is make love to you, Anna. Dick heals all wounds, dontchaknow?

• Love 3

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but wasn't the flashback to Ava in the bar revealing herself to be alive to Delia pretty much the clincher that Denise DeMuccio is Ava (and Delia, at least, is in on it)? 

I was working under the assumption that Ron would be stupid enough to think the audience is stupid enough to believe Ava and Denise are two different people. 

(edited)
-

That is also assuming any viewer cared in the first place.

Whether she's Denise or Ava is all to-may-to or to-mah-to to me.

It's a reveal in search of a mystery.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

I was just coming on to comment that nuDillon is hot, so I guess that's an UO. :(

I definitely don't think he's unattractive.

Did anyone on the show ever say that Spinelli and Ellie officially left town?

of course no one said anything about Ellie and Spinelli. They haven't been seen or heard from since the Nurses Ball. Then again, Maxie and Nathan weren't either until Friday. Or maybe it was Thursday. Either way, it was almost a whole month. I figure Spellie will be mentioned in two weeks and then maybe seen in September. By which time Georgie will be graduating from high school.

• Love 3

Did anyone on the show ever say that Spinelli and Ellie officially left town?

No. Reminds me of when Cord and Tina disappeared immediately after remarrying on OLTL in 2011. Wheeeeee!!!

• Love 6

I was just coming on to comment that nuDillon is hot, so I guess that's an UO. :(

I don't think he's ugly at all, I just don't think he looks as good as he did in the pics I saw on IMDB. I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow when I see him for more than ten seconds. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

Loved this exchange:

Morgan: You're using [Avery] for leverage, Michael.  If Ava knew, she would be rolling in her grave right now.

Michael: Oh, please.  That whore would roll on anything with anyone.  Just ask my father's crypt -- [Interrupted when Morgan tackles him.]

Yes, I know everyone hates a certain word in that exchange.  But given Sonny and Ava's disgusting actions Michael's referring to here, AFAIC, he's entitled to use it.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 21

Loved this exchange:

Morgan: You're using her for leverage, Michael.  If Ava knew, she would be rolling in her grave right now.

Michael: Oh, please.  That whore would roll on anything with anyone.  Just ask my father's crypt -- [Interrupted when Morgan tackles him.]

Yes, I know everyone hates a certain word in that exchange.  But given Sonny and Ava's disgusting actions Michael's referring to her, AFAIC, he's entitled to use it.

Michael is allowed to call Sonny and Ava whatever he wants. Nasty ass deviants.

• Love 18
(edited)

Ya'll know I love me some Ava Jerome, but that exchange was hilarious. I had to pause because I was laughing so hard. And then I rewound and watched again. And then another time or two after that . . .

I don't care what NuDillon looks like. He doesn't like that rapist, drunk, adulterer, thief, all around peice of shit Lewq, so I like him.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 11
(edited)

He's not unattractive, but he is Old In The Face. Too old for Dillon, IMO.

I agree. Yet he looks too young, IMO, for ER (especially) and DZ. So basically it doesn't work in any way really.

Morgan: You're using her for leverage, Michael.  If Ava knew, she would be rolling in her grave right now.

This was amazing.

Boring ep. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Ya'll know I love me some Ava Jerome, but that exchange was hilarious. I had to pause because I was laughing so hard. And then I rewound and watched again. And then another time or two after that . . .

I don't care what NuDillon looks like. He doesn't like that rapist, drunk, adulterer, thief, all around peice of shit Lewq, so I like him.

are we sure? Maybe he just doesn't think Tracy should accept, but he still likes Luke in general. Dillon used to worship him for no reason. He was fakeson to Luke before the actual fakeson (Ethan) came along. They kept saying Dillon was like Luke when he was young, which was annoying, because he was not.

• Love 3

I'm gonna give him a chance, I just think he came off real stiff and also Face-Old.

And yes, I remember Luke's awful, skeevy love for any young men who weren't his actual son.

• Love 3

And yes, I remember Luke's awful, skeevy love for any young men who weren't his actual son.

I will unfortunately never be able to forget the way Luke always looked at "Dodge". Not even being brainwashed by Stefano DiMera and then frozen by Helena Cassadine could help me forget that.

• Love 1

He's not unattractive, but he is Old In The Face. Too old for Dillon, IMO.

I agree. Yet he looks too young, IMO, for ER (especially) and DZ. So basically it doesn't work in any way really.

Age is such a moving target in soaps - with the rapid aging syndrome experienced by soap children - and even the occasional de-aging. 

So, I'm curious about how we all perceive what age Dillon should be now

Not liking the 10 seconds of nuDillon that I've seen.  I loved me some Scott Clifton, so this will be a huge adjustment for me. SC came across as a regular schmoe, (in a good way)   But this guy came across as just another generic model.  He even walked in like he was walking the runway.  

• Love 3
Chad Duell's chest continues to amaze.

Really? He looks barely pubescent to me.

They kept saying Dillon was like Luke when he was young, which was annoying, because he was not.

Sonny and Dante are related because they both like pasta, and we all know Teethan is Luke's son because they both raise glasses of whiskey to their lips.

How creepy was Sloane looming over Anna in bed? And of course the morning after is all about him. Gah, he's so gross.

How many times has Luke proposed to and/or married Tracy? It has to be more than Carly and Sonny. That's not a record to aspire to. I wonder if Luke's "I don't know how much time I have left" was a big ol' anvil or just a way to get Tracy to say yes.

It's so weird to see Silas and Lauren acting as father and daughter, because it was so badly set up. Ron expected the history between ME and KA to do all the work.

I was glad to see ME again, even if Silas is a snooze. And I'm not going to put this in the Unpopular Opinions thread.

Is NuDill old in the face like Old Man Nate from OLTL or older than Former Dill?

I want to know what to expect.

LOL- depends who you talk to - he didn't look that old to me.  That's why I'm curious about what perceptions we have of how old he should be.  With his history, he has to be in Lulu's, Dante's and Maxie's age ranges - and he certainly doesn't look older than them to me.  In fact, as has been said earlier, he definitely looks younger than both ER and DZ. 

Very curious to see them together later this week.

The really funny thing was how the Luke/Tracy scene re: his illness was basically word for word the same shit they used to make Jessica and Viki say over and over about their DID storylines on OLTL. "But they are me, Family Member, they're a part of me." They've strained to avoid calling Fluke/Luke "another DID story" but that was exactly what it was, and it was terrible.

• Love 5
The really funny thing was how the Luke/Tracy scene re: his illness was basically word for word the same shit they used to make Jessica and Viki say over and over about their DID storylines on OLTL. "But they are me, Family Member, they're a part of me." They've strained to avoid calling Fluke/Luke "another DID story" but that was exactly what it was, and it was terrible.

Ron must have realized that if it wasn't DID, he couldn't use already existing scripts.

• Love 5
(edited)

I agree with most of this, but he did feel some sort of connection to Michael. When he met him, Jakeson asked if they met or knew each other. And when he say GH tribute hall of pictures, he felt a connection to most of the people, who were Qs. 

Yes, but that happened only once NINE months ago!  And it was only one scene.  That's my point because even though he's only had one scene with Michael and Monica, Jake has had scene after scene with Liz, Carly, and Sam.

I should take this to the unpopular opinion threat, and I'm chalking this up to being an uber Anna fan.  But I thought Sloane and Anna were kinda hot.  

I have no problem saying they were hot, and I am loving Sloane and Anna.

I actually really liked Michael and Morgan's detente, because Michael did get his licks in and Morgan did (finally!) admit fault. It also helped that they were both sweaty and shirtless after yet another ridiculous boxing match, as Bryan's body was in rare form and Chad Duell's chest continues to amaze.

I loved the Michael and Morgan scenes and that Morgan finally and sincerely apologized.  I wanted them to reconcile, but I don't want Michael to reconcile with Carly and Sonny.  I think both CD and BC looked great also.  

Loved this exchange:

Morgan: You're using [Avery] for leverage, Michael.  If Ava knew, she would be rolling in her grave right now.

Yes, I know everyone hates a certain word in that exchange.  But given Sonny and Ava's disgusting actions Michael's referring to here, AFAIC, he's entitled to use it.

I was fine with the "whore" word because Ava DID put all of this in motion, and she and Sonny DID have sex on AJ's grave.  Who does that?  He has already told off his father and disowned him.  What surprised me about the exchange above is -  did Morgan really think Michael would give a damn if Ava was rolling in her grave at any point in time?  REALLY??!  Morgan, Morgan, Morgan . . .

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I have no problem saying they were hot, and I am loving Sloane and Anna.

Yes, this!! I was surprised that I liked them, but I did!! He is actually not bad looking when he smiles and Anna, well.........she's always fabulous, and a good actress and uses her facial expressions very good. So even though Sloan is no Robert(freaking) Scorpio, he is however much better than when Fluke was trying to get something going with her. BUT otohand, I am NOT one iota interested in the phony Ava story, at least not yet. 

• Love 1