Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Britt: ...but I miss Spencer even more. I loved that kid. He'd walk into a room and light it up. He lit me up.

Brad: Yeah, and the way his face lit up when his robe from Volonino's lit up.

Britt: Ooh, I missed that.

• Love 2
Although, for real, I'm legit excited for Robin to find out that Patrick fell in love and moved someone in AGAIN. Like, that's so fucking hilarious and I need a proper reax from her.

It's shitty. But this time, they're divorced, so....

(edited)

If the GH nurses (and hey, what was Sabrina doing with them?) don't want their opening number crashed, they should, you know, come up with a new one.

Loved Dr. O's choice of song and wistfully reminiscing about the threat of thermonuclear war, heh.

It's way too soon for Brad and Lucas to be getting engaged. 

Anna dear, going stag > going with Sloan.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Isn't Sabrina not a nurse anymore. 

Public proposals are always so cringe worthy. So to see it happen twice in one episode was eek.

So Nik tells Liz about Jason. Cackling. Watch her not say anything and keep it quiet so she can finally have Jason.

• Love 5

Honestly, my first thought was "I can hardly believe Elizabeth's super thin arms have the strength to slap Ric." That dress makes her look alarmingly thin (and I say this as a Liz fan). Or maybe it's just me...  I did like throwing the ring and saying "not love."

Great performance by Brad. Lucas looks fantastic in a tux! LW looks fantastic in that dress, too. 

Is that the first-ever gay marriage proposal on daytime? Or just GH? 

Okay, I will acknowledge I did not expect the cliffhanger to be Elizabeth finding out the truth. Hope Sam finds out Douche Prince Cous told her first and slaps him good.

• Love 1

It's shitty. But this time, they're divorced, so....

Eh, that doesn't matter to me. But I'm sure Ron will agree and pretend like this whole thing was no big deal and Patrick's perfect.

Welp. They really did it to Liz. I feel bad for her fans.

• Love 2

Yeah, this won't end well for her.

I don't really understand why Nikolas just blurted it out like that.

• Love 3

Eh, that doesn't matter to me. But I'm sure Ron will agree and pretend like this whole thing was no big deal and Patrick's perfect.

I never had a doubt Liz would be all up in this again. I feel bad for her fans, but this is sadly typical.

Hope Sam finds out Douche Prince Cous told her first and slaps him good.

Nik is definitely a Cassadine. His sense of family loyalty is shitty.

• Love 4

Can the writers stop taking pot shots at Olivia's age? It's especially tacky since the actress is pregnant in real life. If she's young enough to get pregnant, she's young enough to birth this kid, so have a seat. My biggest complaint with regard to the age of the characters involved in this messy story is the fact that they are acting like children and not owning up to mistakes/telling the truth when they are full grown adults with grandchildren. 

Brad & Britt were annoying. The red carpet was nothing but a re-run of last year's, complete with Spinelli stepping on Maxie's dress so she would fall like Sam did last year. I guess because nothing too interesting occurred at this year's Oscars, RC was left to rip material from his own pile of shit.

Obretch was embarrassing. 

Why was Sabrina apart of the GENERAL HOSPITAL'S nurses? She is a nurse, yes, but she was FIRED from GH.

I liked the the fake!Jake reveal and I hope to God that this is the last we see of Hayden. I like RB a lot, but I knew from the get go her role was going to suck because RC cannot write OCs to save his life. 

I had to mute Brad and turn on the closed captioning. Still having nightmares from last year's autotune performance. I knew the proposal was coming, but like TeeVee said, it's way too soon. We've never even seen them on a date, and now they want to get married. I wish Lucas would say no, but I know he won't. How long until one of them is wanting a baby after this?

So Nik just blurted it out. Every secret on this show is just blurted out. No real build up. It's annoying.

All in all, I enjoyed the show, minus Spencer. UGH. Can't wait until Monday.

• Love 5

Also Nik is a huge asshole if he can tell Liz but Not Sam/Danny. He is making literally no sense in this stupid story.

It makes no sense for Nik to keep this secret, and it also makes no sense for Liz to keep it either, IMO. I mean, forget Sam for a second. Even Danny. She's screwing JASON himself, in the end. Taking away his choice and his life. She would be doing what Ric did.

If Liz doesn't spill, she's the ultimate hypocrite. The worst of the worst. And it sucks that she's being written this way.

• Love 12
(edited)

It makes no sense for Nik to keep this secret, and it also makes no sense for Liz to keep it either, IMO. I mean, forget Sam for a second. Even Danny. She's screwing JASON himself, in the end. Taking away his choice and his life. She would be doing what Ric did.

If Liz doesn't spill, she's the ultimate hypocrite. The worst of the worst. And it sucks that she's being written this way.

And, if the writing goes that way, I'm sure she'll try and blame Ric in the end, just like Nik is blaming his lies on Dead!Emily or whatever.  "My heart was broken, I had no choice!".

Edited by TeeVee329

I am sorry, but Carly is a tactless beast.  I get that it was revealed at the ball for ~drama~ but find a better venue than a fucking charity event.  Classy Carly, classy.

Here we go with the St Liz and her lies.  Let's see how she justifies keeping this to herself.

Sam and Maxie both looked gorgeous.

• Love 9

It's typical for Liz to be pathetic over men since around 2007 (I say this as a huge fan).  But if she continues a relationship with Jake after this, that is a new low. Just ugh.  Hopefully BH will have some fun material...that's all I got. 

• Love 2
(edited)

And, if the writing goes that way, I'm sure she'll try and blame Ric in the end, just like Nik is blaming his lies on Dead!Emily or whatever. "My heart was broken, I had no choice!".

Oh, they'll both blame other people, I'm sure. It will be all about "love." Boo hoo! It's just funny to me that the only person who actually cared about Jason, Sam, Danny, Monica, EVEN CARLY, is the chick no one gives two craps about and currently a prisoner.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

I decided to torture myself, as I often do when it comes to this show, and watch live and...how did this show get so bad? How does it keep getting so bad? I mean this show has been in a free-fall, imo, for a good while now but it never seems to hit rock bottom, it just keeps going and going and going...

Spencer may just surpass the evil redheaded stepchild that was kid Michael as my most hated soap kid of all time at this rate. He is...everything that is terrible about kids all rolled up into one incredibly intolerable package that I would really give anything to have kidnapped and then lost forever.

I doubt Nik would even miss him as long as he had someone on their back on his rug as usual. And now he's showing his true psychotic tendencies by trying to manipulate Liz by telling her Jake's "real" identity. I knew she'd be the first one he'd tell, especially if it meant trying to keep "Jason" under-wraps and away from his wife and son and family.

And speaking of people actually trying to keep secrets that they shouldn't what the hell is with Sam knowing the truth about Olivia's pregnancy and yet she is supposedly "conflicted" over whether to tell or not. I just...I'm at a loss at how truly shitty this all really has become.

• Love 7

Yes Liz, you are an idiot.

Hayden and Jason's facial expressions were the best during the opening number. I think that was Billy Miller playing himself lol.

The opening number was done, the money should have stayed Lucas'

• Love 1

Loved Brad's song and was liking Rick's version too. I can't tolerate Carly, even if she did think she was doing something good. They are children in the audience. 

Yay for no Sonny, Morgan and Kiki in attendance. 

Loved Brad and Britt's watching the red carpet and watching Maxie fall. 

• Love 2

Yes Liz, you are an idiot.

Hayden and Jason's facial expressions were the best during the opening number. I think that was Billy Miller playing himself lol.

Billy had that "Is this real life?" expression during the entire episode. I feel him.

• Love 6

Although I'm sad that the NB had such a small audience*, I liked the episode. This was one of the live broadcasts, right? Kudos to all.

I like the actress, so I enjoyed Dr. O's song and the glee she seemed to be demonstrating when popping the red balloons. I've come to like Parry Shen, so I enjoyed his number, and give him bonus points for being willing to sing and dance and look amateurish live. I also like Britt, so I enjoyed their snarking together. And KT is very natural with the demon-spawn; a few of the other adults could take a cue or two from her. 

I agree that Carly's announcement was classless and I was a little irritated at the timing of it, especially since we were discovering that RH had a pretty good singing voice,  but then I realized we've got to have someone get shot/killed/physically hurt on Monday, so her big reveal had to be today. 

I imagine Nik told Liz about Jason because he (Nik) still wants her. His latest slampiece is being chased out of the hotel by Carly, so I'm guessing he's casting his eye about again. 

And, yes, Sam, why don't you talk more about how Julian Jerome is the father of Olivia's baby right in front of someone with an IPad who's probably a reporter? Sheesh! Loved Brad's snark about her taking off her leather jacket, though. 

Overall, I'm happily waiting for Monday. 

I'll go sit in the corner now. 

*It makes me sad that we didn't see Bobby, Flea, or Mac -- even in the audience. Ron, it's a new month: doesn't their minimum count restart? 

• Love 5
(edited)

No Francs and Neens either, phew!

The absences of Mac, Felicia, Bobbie, Monica, and Tracy is ridic.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
Loved Brad and Britt's watching the red carpet and watching Maxie fall.

Did they have a woman fall another year? 

Seems a bit passive aggressive on the writer's side. Or condescending.  Very silly women and their heels.

But probably just bad, lazy writing.

(edited)

Really, no Sonny? That surprises me, since the NB is one of those events where Sonny can throw around large amounts of money trying to rehabilitate his image. I'm not surprised Dumbest and Dumberest aren't there.

This was one of the live broadcasts, right?

No. Those are May 15 and 18 (two weeks from today).

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

Did they have a woman fall another year? 

Seems a bit passive aggressive on the writer's side. Or condescending.  Very silly women and their heels.

But probably just bad, lazy writing.

Sam fell last year.

But the fall today was stupid, klutzy Spinelli's fault.

Edited by TeeVee329

Crap, This is gonna be Danny's paternity all over again. Liz wants Jake for herself so she's going to keep his identity a secret, until the guilt eats at her. (and yeah, the guilt really doesn't have much to work with. ReH and KM really need to start eating).

When actually it would be just as soapy if Jake came to Liz all "We can be together now" and she had to tell him the truth. 

I can't watch the Nurses Ball live, I have to be able to FF the musical numbers. But I did watch most of Brad's it was adorable.

Was this it for Ric Hearst? Such a shame. He deserves soooooo much better than version 853 of his obsession with Liz.

• Love 1

Not that I give a crap about Sonny, but him not being there is another example of how Ron completely turned the NB into a plot point/campy event. Dr. O performing? Carly acting self-righteous and exposing Ric on-stage? It's disgusting. It used to be this meaningful, emotional event that mattered. I'm just so disgusted by what he's done to this show. I can't.

• Love 5

Maybe so, but he thought he'd lost a bet. But, I wouldn't propose to Lucas. As far as I can tell he doesn't pay his debts. He only returned Brad's original twenty without adding his own. He is sneaky and has no honor.

• Love 2

Yeah, this won't end well for her.

I don't really understand why Nikolas just blurted it out like that.

I could wank it that he's trying to protect his friend from future heartbreak, but I'm sure he just wanted a backup vagina now that Hayden will be out of town.

I didn't like Brad and Britt's snark this year. Last year it felt more authentic, this time around felt like Ron saying "people loved last year, let's do it again but times 100! That means everyone will love it 100 times more too!" No, Ron, we won't. I did like Dr. O's number, mainly because I love that song and used to pretend I knew the words.

Did Lucy assume there would be no proposal because Brad & Lucas are gay? That's kinda shitty, Miss Vampire Slayer.

• Love 6

So there was Greenlee, Sloane, and Lulu's new unstable cousin all front and center, but yet where was Tracy? Or Bobbie? Or Scott? Or Mac and Felicia? And god forbid things get a chance to come full circle from last year and realKevin makes an appearance. And at this point I guess Monica has just given up and retired and moved to Bora Bora.

All these stupid and awful new characters keep springing up and yet the vets, once again, get the cold shoulder.

I can't say it enough, Ron is an enormous ass.

• Love 10

So there was Greenlee, Sloane, and Lulu's new unstable cousin all front and center, but yet where was Tracy? Or Bobbie? Or Scott? Or Mac and Felicia? And god forbid things get a chance to come full circle from last year and realKevin makes an appearance. And at this point I guess Monica has just given up and retired and moved to Bora Bora.

All these stupid and awful new characters keep springing up and yet the vets, once again, get the cold shoulder.

Because Ron only cares about the crazy, insane, ridiculous characters. There's no heart in any of these characters or anything he writes. Every single thing done is to "get people talking" and to see how far into the realm of fucked up he can go before he's called out on it.

• Love 8

It used to be this meaningful, emotional event that mattered. I'm just so disgusted by what he's done to this show. I can't.

I don't think the Nurses' Ball has to be a completely serious event, I'm fine with it being an annual excuse for soapy trouble.  But it's an issue of balance and it's way off, like it has been across various aspects of this show.

• Love 6

I don't think the Nurses' Ball has to be a completely serious event, I'm fine with it being an annual excuse for soapy trouble. But it's an issue of balance and it's way off, like it has been across various aspects of this show.

Oh, I'm not saying it needs to be all serious. The numbers and performances were always on the silly side, for example.

But I'm not into it being used as an excuse to reveal babies or secrets and lies or have Dr. O, I repeat, Dr. O, perform. It's sick and just disrespectful to me. Just MO.

• Love 6

I didn't like Brad and Britt's snark this year.

Me neither. It felt too manufactured. And it was very mean spirited, especially the uproarious laughter when Maxie tripped. And then  Brad had the nerve to sit at her table. Last year, they were two outcasts watching TV. This year, it had such nasty overtones. Also, I hate to say this, but after the Daytime Emmy foolishness with Kelly Thiebaud and her imbecile real llife paramour BC, I can't look at her. As I posted about Bryan Craig a few days ago, I also think KT seems to be as immature and unpleasant in real life as she is on the show. 

• Love 6

Also Nik is a huge asshole if he can tell Liz but Not Sam/Danny. He is making literally no sense in this stupid story.

My guess is that because Elizabeth was making a bee-line to Jake, thinking he was free to be with her, Nikolas didn't want her to get deeply involved with him only to find out that "Yeah, he's married too."  I don't think Nikolas wants Elizabeth back.  That ship has sailed.  It's more about protecting her from investing in another guy with a huge secret.  He told her, and I'm guessing he wants to tell Sam next, which is why Liz wants him to keep the secret.

Crap, This is gonna be Danny's paternity all over again. Liz wants Jake for herself so she's going to keep his identity a secret, until the guilt eats at her. (and yeah, the guilt really doesn't have much to work with. ReH and KM really need to start eating).

I hope Liz keeps the secret so that her self-righteousness regarding others can be put to rest.  In fact, if she keeps this secret about Jake, how exactly is she any different from Ric who she just hit and yelled at for being a deceitful liar?  

RC keeps adding new characters and sidelining the vets.  By next year, I doubt there will be any main GH characters with major stories.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think the Nurses' Ball has to be a completely serious event, I'm fine with it being an annual excuse for soapy trouble.  But it's an issue of balance and it's way off, like it has been across various aspects of this show.

It is sad that I was shocked when Maxie mentioned HIV/AIDS on the red carpet.  Other than the quick line from Lucy, I assume that will be the only reference to it

Edited by aw86
  • Love 4
(edited)

More Dante in a Tux, show!! This was my Stella's *points to icon* very first GH (well, as far as I know,her cage wasn't near a TV when we met yesterday, but there was one in the place.) Every time a performance was on she stared at the TV I actually posted a picture on my Facebook so I spent half the episode expecting animal control to break down my door to save her from this mess.

I feel worse for Molly than Liz. But I feel really really bad for Liz fans if this will now go where it looks like it will. Really, Nik?! This makes you confess about Jason?! Sad Liz? Not your cousin mourning her husband? This is why your son is awful and desperate apparently for another parent.

Until other people are regularly talking about Sonny being a grandfather with a baby, or Julian once that's out there, I'm done with the comments about Olivia, especially since its an actual pregnancy for LLC.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

Honestly, my first thought was "I can hardly believe Elizabeth's super thin arms have the strength to slap Ric." That dress makes her look alarmingly thin (and I say this as a Liz fan). Or maybe it's just me.

Not just you. Liz always looks scarily thin when she wears strapless dresses. She really shouldn't wear them anymore.

The best part of this was everyone's expressions during the various disasters, particularly Sam, Hayden, and Jakeson.

Man, BM wants out. He looks like he would rather be anywhere else. It's hilarious.

• Love 6

What fool at Aveeno got talked into associating their well-respected brand with this?

Rick Hearst was excellent. I can't help but root for Ric because RHe is that good. My speculation is that Ric & Hayden will team up against Carly and they will discover that she switched Avery's paternity test from Morgan to Sonny.

Oh, Kathleen . . . oh no no no no no no no no . . .

• Love 8

Rick Hearst was excellent. I can't help but root for Ric because RHe is that good.

Man, he was killing the confrontation with Liz. BH on the other hand was just awful IMO. I really can not stand her choices sometimes. Why can't Ric just see that Liz isn't worth all this shit? He's so dumb and pathetic, but RiHe is amazing and hot, so I still like Ric lol.

• Love 6
(edited)

Man, he was killing the confrontation with Liz. BH on the other hand was just awful IMO. I really can not stand her choices sometimes. Why can't Ric just see that Liz isn't worth all this shit? He's so dumb and pathetic, but RiHe is amazing and hot, so I still like Ric lol.

I thought Becky was really good opposite Rick, but then in that last scene opposite she and Tyler were both awful. It was as if Ron hadn't given them a script and right before yelling "action" Uncle Frank sprung their dialogue on them. They had the same look that many DOOL actors do, obviously struggling to figure out what the hell their characters are thinking.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Britt and Brad act like a pair of stupid catty bitches.

STFU Dr. O

I don't even care about Ric all that much but it's disgusting seeing him degrade himself over stupid Liz.

Even if I liked Brad I doubt seeing him and Lucas get engaged would make me feel anything positive. We rarely see Lucas and we see Brad even less. 98% of their relationship happened off screen.

I can't believe Ellie is being dumbed down to the point where she agrees to go along with the talking tree's dumbass childish plan.

• Love 2