Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Kardashian Thomas Humphries West

• Start Topic

She CLAIMS she studied 10 to 12 hours  a day to prepare.   Sweetie, posting pics of you surrounded by books does not count as "studying."    Your social media accounts could not have been so well updated if you were actually studying that hard.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

She CLAIMS she studied 10 to 12 hours  a day to prepare.   Sweetie, posting pics of you surrounded by books does not count as "studying."    Your social media accounts could not have been so well updated if you were actually studying that hard.

In kimmies world she probably did study! She just isn’t smart enough to be a lawyer! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Kim Failed Baby Bar

Welp looks like our bikini wearing studying soon to be Ms Kardashian Failed

damn you beat me lol 

Its only because it wasn't a controlled testing environment. . . According to TMZ (aka Kris' mouthpiece):

Kim's mentor in taking the exam, attorney Jessica Jackson, said, "That is extremely close on a test that most people are not taking in the middle of a pandemic." A source tells us Kim had to take the test at home, while balancing her kids and other factors ... making it more difficult than taking the test in a controlled environment.

If anyone has the ability to put herself in a controlled environment, even during a pandemic, its Kimmycakes. How many houses does she own? How many nannies does she have? I'm willing to bet at least a few other people took the exam and passed under the exact same conditions, and they didn't have the ability to get away from their kids or go to a different location for what, a few hours, to take the test. This attempt to make it sound like she's just like every other harried mom trying to manage kids and school at the same time is pathetic. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Kim Failed Baby Bar

Welp looks like our bikini wearing studying soon to be Ms Kardashian Failed

damn you beat me lol 

Gosh, maybe that's why she always wore those "my boobs are falling out" tops when she was studying, she was trying to push everything up into her head so that she could pass! Kimmy, you need to get yourself some tighter tops, I bet that would do it.

Edited by GaT
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I did some research regarding the California "baby bar" exam.  The most recent statistics I could find stated that the pass rate for the first-time testers was about 22%.  However, the statistics for second-time takers is more dismal (less than 15%).  The test only covers three major areas:  contracts; criminal law; and torts.  The test taker must score 560 out of 800 possible points or 70% correct answers.  The test is divided equally into two sections.  There are 100 multiple choice questions (3 hours allotted time) and four essays (an hour per essay for a total allotted time of 4 hours).  No specific knowledge of California law is necessary.   Supposedly the structure of one's essay is extremely important.  Usually a case study is given and the test taker needs to explain each rule of law, how it would be applied in this specific case, and the conclusion.   I believe Kim discounted the value of the law school curriculum where you can measure yourself against fellow students and realize how much knowledge is required to pass a given course.  She may have studied for months for this exam, but was her knowledge superficial and unable to be applied to actual case studies?  I am not surprised at this outcome, since she has never any interest in academics before now.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

22% PASS the baby bar....  Wonder if Kimye ever saw those words?  Van Jones was just a TAD too enthusiastic for Kim's new "career"....

She just needs to keep taking those selfies.  Maybe try going to COLLEGE for a couple of years before she thinks about jumping completely OVER the whole normal way of going to law school.

But, once the dumbass show is over, she'll have PLENTY of time to do some other things with her 40 year old self.

• Love 4
(edited)

This is interesting, TMZ has a story on Kim flunking the baby bar, & this little tidbit caught my eye

Kim made it official on a preview of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," where she fessed up to flunking. TMZ heard she flunked the exam months ago, but our Kardashian sources would not confirm.

Kardashian sources would not confirm? So Kris said "none of your beeswax?" Also, somewhere in this thread, I wondered how they kept the results quiet all this time since it's public information, & it's all because their Kardashian sources would not confirm? And I'm trying to figure out why they released this in a preview, wouldn't they just show enough for us to know they're going to tell us during the show so that people tune in? Or do you think E just doesn't care anymore?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ten to twelve hours per day for six weeks, which is how much she claims to have studied, will not be sufficient for anyone who isn't academically brilliant and isn't even a holder of a baccalaureate degree to pass such a test. Furthermore, her assertion that the baby bar is more difficult than the actual California Bar Exam is utter nonsense.  The baby bar tests on a mere three subjects: torts, contracts, and criminal law.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, sharwoods said:

I did some research regarding the California "baby bar" exam.  The most recent statistics I could find stated that the pass rate for the first-time testers was about 22%.  However, the statistics for second-time takers is more dismal (less than 15%).  The test only covers three major areas:  contracts; criminal law; and torts.  The test taker must score 560 out of 800 possible points or 70% correct answers.  The test is divided equally into two sections.  There are 100 multiple choice questions (3 hours allotted time) and four essays (an hour per essay for a total allotted time of 4 hours).  No specific knowledge of California law is necessary.   Supposedly the structure of one's essay is extremely important.  

It's actually a scaled score. She needed 70% of the possible 800 points rather than combined correct answers for questions and  possible points on essays averaging 70%. Such test administration programs are often somewhat vague concerning just what percentage of correct answers is needed to produce the required scaled score.

If her non-passing score was due primarily to lack of subject matter knowledge, she may be able to remedy the situation with enough dedicated study time (though I wouldn't bet on it happening). If her writing mechanics are sub-par and are what lowered her score, however,  such will not be an easy fix.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

So Kim took the test again while sick with covid - are those results out yet?

My understanding is that she failed this second attempt, which was taken while she had or right after she had Covid.  I didn’t see the episode. Just read it online.  Please chime in if that’s incorrect.  

For me, the regular bar was pretty challenging, but doable with LOTS of study and prep.  And, after 3 years of law school.  I was a very studious person, but that doesn’t help much on the Bar exam.  

Imo, Kim is quite ambitious.  She should consider just going to law school, but she’d need to get a 4 yr degree first.....it takes time.  Still....why not?  She has all the time in the world. 

This article talks about how you only get 3 chances to pass the baby bar.  Says if you fail all 3 you can’t get credit hours, but if you are doing work study without class credit hours, why would that matter?

https://www.jdadvising.com/what-is-the-baby-bar-aka-fylse/

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Third time’s the charm?

https://people.com/tv/kim-kardashian-says-shes-preparing-to-take-baby-bar-again-soon-after-failing/

From the article:

During a Q&A session with fans on her Instagram Story on Wednesday, Kardashian said that while her experience with taking the baby bar exam has been "extremely difficult," she intends to take the test again.

"Unfortunately, I haven't passed yet, but I'm not giving up," Kardashian continued. "I'm preparing to take it again soon."

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

For someone who never went to college and is not very bright to begin with, I do  not see her passing the baby bar in the future.     Her mentors aren't doing her any favors either by giving her practice questions that are more personalized so she understands them better.   The actual test doesn't do that.   You get the same impersonal questions that everyone else gets.   If she can only understand if it is about her 1) she is going to  suck as a lawyer because its about the clients, not yourself and 2) she won't understand the question because its not about her so we never have to worry about 1.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

If only the questions were about the best creams to reduce cellulite or what makeup techniques are best for nose contouring or what teas help the most with digestion...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m not sure what her people are doing to prepare her, but for me a lot is learned by briefing cases.  Granted, this is old school.  I’m not sure if they do it that way any longer.  You read the case, which is often long and complex, then you dissect it into basics of the facts, the issues, rule of law, analysis and conclusion.  It’s very time consuming and you are assigned multiple cases to brief in each class every day.  In class it’s discussed and debated.  This helps a lot, imo.  When Kim says that she studied 12 hours a day for six weeks....most students that I knew worked on their class that way, but for 3 years, though, not in the summer.   I wish her well, but I think the regular bar may be more difficult than what she’s expecting.  I wonder who these people are who get licensed without attending college or law school.....hmmmmm.....perhaps paralegals who have worked in law for 20 years?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5

Kim score the first time around was 474 but needed 560 out of 800 to pass.  That's not even close to passing.   If it's a "3 times you're out" system she was an idiot to take it when she had COVID.  I happen to think she's not book smart enough to pass anyway, but taking a test when you're ill when you don't have to is a dumb move.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

For someone who never went to college and is not very bright to begin with, I do  not see her passing the baby bar in the future.     Her mentors aren't doing her any favors either by giving her practice questions that are more personalized so she understands them better.   The actual test doesn't do that.   You get the same impersonal questions that everyone else gets.   If she can only understand if it is about her 1) she is going to  suck as a lawyer because its about the clients, not yourself and 2) she won't understand the question because its not about her so we never have to worry about 1.

If Kim was really using her social media and celebrity clout for social justice issues of all kinds, I would respect and commend her. It would be a welcome change from this mercenary and cynical family's usual cash grabs promoting fake diet teas, "waist trainers", lip kits, socks, etc. -- items that benefit nobody and nothing except their own wallets and bank accounts. But this is not what she's doing. Instead, she's promoting her own "sexy" image in her nearly naked baby bar "studying" shots. She's not serious about pursuing a law career, which would be by doing undergraduate and grueling law school work. She's not a joke; she's a travesty and an insult to the many struggling law school students who do all this work and finally graduate, but with massive, backbreaking student debt and often without even a promise of a job remotely commensurate with the debt load they are carrying. Her own father may have been a great, mediocre or lousy lawyer. I don't know. But at least he went to college and law school. I wonder what he would think of his daughter's faux fast track to legal stardom. Well, at least pimp mommy Kris is proud.

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

If Kim was really using her social media and celebrity clout for social justice issues of all kinds, I would respect and commend her. It would be a welcome change from this mercenary and cynical family's usual cash grabs promoting fake diet teas, "waist trainers", lip kits, socks, etc. -- items that benefit nobody and nothing except their own wallets and bank accounts. But this is not what she's doing. Instead, she's promoting her own "sexy" image in her nearly naked baby bar "studying" shots. She's not serious about pursuing a law career, which would be by doing undergraduate and grueling law school work. She's not a joke; she's a travesty and an insult to the many struggling law school students who do all this work and finally graduate, but with massive, backbreaking student debt and often without even a promise of a job remotely commensurate with the debt load they are carrying. Her own father may have been a great, mediocre or lousy lawyer. I don't know. But at least he went to college and law school. I wonder what he would think of his daughter's faux fast track to legal stardom. Well, at least pimp mommy Kris is proud.

SO MUCH THIS.

I wouldn't even object to her "studying the law" instead of going to law school.   Law school is a fairly recent concept after all.   Thomas Jefferson "studied the law" which is why VA is one of the states that still allow this option -- good enough for TJ its good enough for everyone.    Law school is really a bit of a joke.   You don't really learn how to be a lawyer.   And the bar only tests how well you test.   It's that she isn't doing this to be a lawyer, she's doing it to be a "sexy lawyer."    Also she is dumb as a bunch of rocks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

SO MUCH THIS.

I wouldn't even object to her "studying the law" instead of going to law school.   Law school is a fairly recent concept after all.   Thomas Jefferson "studied the law" which is why VA is one of the states that still allow this option -- good enough for TJ its good enough for everyone.    Law school is really a bit of a joke.   You don't really learn how to be a lawyer.   And the bar only tests how well you test.   It's that she isn't doing this to be a lawyer, she's doing it to be a "sexy lawyer."    Also she is dumb as a bunch of rocks. 

Passing an exam isn't necessarily a guarantor of competence, but still, inability to pass an exam sometimes speaks volumes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Many people also take a review/prep class, like Barbri, that lays it all out AND provides insight on how to analyze questions, how to do multiple choice, etc.   It’s intense and very helpful.  I would think her people have suggested that.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, Hiyo said:

If only the questions were about the best creams to reduce cellulite or what makeup techniques are best for nose contouring or what teas help the most with digestion...

Her answer to all of those questions would be “that’s what photoshop is for!”

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

Her answer to all of those questions would be “that’s what photoshop is for!”

I don’t think she even does her own Photoshop work. She has people for that.

• Love 3

I think Kim thinks because her dad was a lawyer, she can be a lawyer.  Except that her DAD actually went to college to become a lawyer.  So there's that.

It's just some weird delusion of hers.  Like all the others.

Buh-bye. CYA!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think Kim thinks because her dad was a lawyer, she can be a lawyer.  Except that her DAD actually went to college to become a lawyer.  So there's that.

It's just some weird delusion of hers.  Like all the others.

Buh-bye. CYA!

Yep, he went to college AND law school. She is delusional.

• Love 4

So, I just saw that Kim’s security intercepted 2 gifts from a Kim fan consisting of a diamond ring and morning after pill.  Is this a joke?  The ring looked ok.  I mean, not in her league, but still. 

• LOL 3

Yeah, it’s scary to be targeted, I would imagine.  I would not like being the subject of a stalker.  That’s why I think that I would disappear from public life. Move to the country, dress normal, hire competent people to manage my money, be content with what I have, spend quality daily time with kids, help charities in low key way, stay out of spot light and live in peace.  There’s no reason ultra rich people can’t do that.  She could even take time to get a real education and work behind the scenes on cases.....I guess there’s no chance of that happening.  She’s too narcissistic.  

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, it’s scary to be targeted, I would imagine.  I would not like being the subject of a stalker.  That’s why I think that I would disappear from public life. Move to the country, dress normal, hire competent people to manage my money, be content with what I have, spend quality daily time with kids, help charities in low key way, stay out of spot light and live in peace.  There’s no reason ultra rich people can’t do that.  She could even take time to get a real education and work behind the scenes on cases.....I guess there’s no chance of that happening.  She’s too narcissistic.  

Exactly. She/they already have enough money to last the rest of their lives. No need to continue the famewhoring.

• Love 5

There are many people who live very comfortable lives without working and living on investments with much less than the money Kim has.  You can have a nice home, travel, drive nice car, etc. all that contrived work stuff is just toxic.  Why do that to your kids?   

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm no fan of Kim's (well documented) but this is downright scary.   She should NOT be subjected to it.   Nor should she have to give up her life just to avoid these creeps.   Why should SHE be punished for their behavior?   Should she give up her lifestyle because its vapid and useless?   Yes.   Should she give it up because OTHER people decide to stalk her?   No.   Get restraining orders, jail the folks who won't take no for an answer and continue.   Punish the wrongdoer, not the victim.   

• Love 8
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I'm no fan of Kim's (well documented) but this is downright scary.   She should NOT be subjected to it.   Nor should she have to give up her life just to avoid these creeps.   Why should SHE be punished for their behavior?   Should she give up her lifestyle because its vapid and useless?   Yes.   Should she give it up because OTHER people decide to stalk her?   No.   Get restraining orders, jail the folks who won't take no for an answer and continue.   Punish the wrongdoer, not the victim.   

I agree with this. Also Kim moving to "middle of nowhere" small town isn't going to stop these mentally ill stalkers.

If anything her being so visible is a help to her despite having a stalker because she's high profile and if something were to God forbid happen people would know about it in the person's who did it would be caught. 

7 minutes ago, Frost said:

Kim has admitted failing try #2 at the baby bar.  I hope California has a 3 strike rule so this farce can have an official end date. 

It just keeps getting worse and worse for her (and funnier and funnier to me).

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, Frost said:

Kim has admitted failing try #2 at the baby bar.  I hope California has a 3 strike rule so this farce can have an official end date. 

Is there a reason she can't just go to law school if she is hellbent on embarrassing my profession?

I know hard work isn't fun and is boring to watch, but if she wants to be an attorney and if she wants to show respect to the profession, do the work. 

Get your college degree online, take the LSAT and get admitted to every law school you apply tto because you're KK.  

Go to law school.  Put in the f'ing work like everyone else who has to struggle.  

KK has all the privileges of wealth and status so there is no reason for her to do all this.  

This apprenticeship route, is meant for people who have had years of legal exposure.   I dont think it was ever meant to be a shortcut for people who didn't want to put in the effort.  

Either put in the damn work or just use your name and power to advocate for others.  KK actually has these other options available to her.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 5/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, merylinkid said:

SO MUCH THIS.

I dont think law school teaches you how to be a lawyer but I do think it teaches you the basics of law, how to think like a lawyer, and how to research. 

By reviewing cases you can see how the law builds on itself and how judges use existing precedent other sources in persuasive ways.    

You learn how to compare and contrast your case to current cases to persuade your audience.  

Practically learning HOW to practice should be done in entry level jobs, externship and internships. 

I think most schools require that now, if not, they push it very, very hard. 

I can agree that the bar tests how well you test but bar review is what, like 3 months?  I cannot imagine learning black letter law in 18+ subjects in that time.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

Kim say's she should apologize to Hump

"What happened was, we get to Italy for our honeymoon and I was like, 'F---, I think I made the wrong decision," she continued. "And then I went to New York and I was miserable. For anyone out there listening, if you have cold feet, it's not it."

Andy then asked if there was a specific moment that made her say, "I have to end it."

"He had a size 17 shoe lined up around my whole room and I freaked the f--- out. I literally got claustrophobic. Shoes everywhere," Kim recalled. "We were living in a hotel. I was so nervous to break up with someone, I fully broke up with him in the worst way and I didn't know how to deal."

Really Kim? Because he had his shoes around the hotel suite or your bedroom of said suite you decided to end the Marriage... Girl Bye!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Says she should? Either she does or she doesn’t. Not “I’m thinking about entertaining the idea that there is a chance that I could maybe apologize to him”.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Kim say's she should apologize to Hump

Really Kim? Because he had his shoes around the hotel suite or your bedroom of said suite you decided to end the Marriage... Girl Bye!

I don’t believe it bothers her that refused the annulment.  She says things that she thinks sound sad and painful to illicit sympathy, but I don’t think she really cares. 

• Love 5

I watched last night the sit-down reunion Andy Cohen hosted and I was surprised at some of the honest answers they all have. Kim admitted she had doubts about marrying Kris but did it for the show. She spent money way more than E was paying for the wedding because she just wanted a big splashy wedding. Khloe and Kris right up until the day of the wedding could tell she didn't want to marry him and tried to stop her but knowing it was being filmed she didn't want to be known as the runaway bride. Kim said she tried to apologize to Kris but he refused her calls and she actually came face to face with her at the Beverly Hills hotel and he shot her a not so pleasant look and blew her off.

5 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Says she should? Either she does or she doesn’t. Not “I’m thinking about entertaining the idea that there is a chance that I could maybe apologize to him”.

Oh please. Kim never had one single doubt or misgiving about why she was marrying Kris H. She did it purposefully and out of jealousy because she had been temporarily eclipsed by Khloe's KUWTK-televised marriage to Lamar (then still known as an NBA star), and "nobody puts Kim in the corner." So she suffered through a courtship with Hapless Humphries until after her own televised (on unending repeat) spectacular, star-studded "Fairytale Wedding", during which she wore no less than three gorgeous Vera Wang wedding creations. Unfortunately for her, after the filming and the glamour shots with her famous guests at the reception, she found herself on honeymoon in Italy with her doofy but eager groom who had, unknown to him, already served his purpose. And so she unceremoniously (no pun) dumped him. It had nothing to do with his huge sneakers or his pets or her so-called claustrophobia. And in no way, would Mama Kris Jong-un (thanks Kanye) ever have allowed her prized heifer, Kim, to skip out on the Kardashian Wedding of the Year -- not that Kim had any such plan anyway. So yeah, this family pretty much invented revisionist history and if Kris H. snubbed Kim, it's because nobody likes being played, especially so publicly.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20