Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E00: 100th Episode Special

• Start Topic

Okay. Kelly BensiMAN is clearly still delusional (and still using the exact same stance in all of her poses).

Why does she think that her kids have been hurt by Bethenny? Did they write her a note?

Is this the working of The Giggling Overlord of Evil, Andy?

Oh, well...

#nomoresatchelsofgoldforyou

#puh-leasegotosleep

#bethennymayhaveformerlybeenacookbutisnowafrackin'multimillionairebitch

• Love 11

I liked this clip-one it pointed out how rude Ramona and to a lesser degree Luann were to Dorinda about John and in front of John, two-Andy had to tell Bethenny to stop talking and three how on earth does Heather, who has known Luann for two years, know who she hangs with and who she doesn't.  Bethenny and Heather are like Know-it-all bookends.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-723/videos?clip=2896213  This kind of stuff coupled with Heather claiming there is no way Josh would cheat make me wonder why she bothers seeing a psychic she knows everything about everyone.

Okay. Kelly BensiMAN is clearly still delusional (and still using the exact same stance in all of her poses).

Why does she think that her kids have been hurt by Bethenny? Did they write her a note?

Is this the working of The Giggling Overlord of Evil, Andy?

Oh, well...

#nomoresatchelsofgoldforyou
#puh-leasegotosleep
#bethennymayhaveformerlybeenacookbutisnowafrackin'multimillionairebitch

I don't know what she has to say but Kelly in the past has asked Bethenny to stop talking about her or she will institute legal proceedings.  So I am anxious to hear what she has to say.  After Bethenny having another season of running roughshod over people a little input from Kelly might be interesting or at the very least entertaining if she is out in left field.

• Love 3

I really don't buy dream analysis.  How can something symbolically represent the same thing for millions of people?  I don't for a moment believe a 58 y/o woman going through a contentious divorce wishes she were pregnant.  I've always had bizarre elaborate dreams, and I've had nightmares since before I could speak to describe them (per my mother). 

Last night I read about a woman who drowned her child, then I was in the room during the horrific Under the Dome, and witnessed a shadow baby.  So I then went on to a have a nightmare about vampires.  I was caring for two babies, and I thought to myself - I will drown them before I let the vampires tear them apart.  There were also multiple shadow babies zipping around I was trying to save.  Now I don't think I'm a homicidal maniac, I simply dreamt about what I read and saw.  The "Dream Bible" (yeah right) says dreaming about vampires means you're parasitic and selfishly feed off others.  I've been dreaming about vampires since I was five!  I guess a child can qualify as a selfish parasite, but most likely I dreamt about vampires because I watched Creature Feature, and then grew up to watch every vampire movie I could get my hands on.

Now some things about dream analysis I'm willing to believe.  As an adult, I still frequently dream that I've been blowing off class, and then show up for a Calculus test I'm unprepared for.  I also dream about things symbolizing "vulnerability" like realizing I'm naked in a crowd, or my mother and/or closest friends rejecting me.

• Love 2

Kelly on a rampage claims all will be explained about how Bethenny has damaged her and her family on September 17th http://www.allabouttrh.com/kelly-bensimon-goes-off-on-bethenny-frankel-claims-bethenny-owes-her-an-apology/

Kelly's behavior in St. John is why the general RHoNY public thinks she's crazy. There's a reason why it's called 'Scary Island'. Kelly had a genuine mental breakdown. It was frightening to watch, and must have been terrifying for everyone who witnessed it, live.

You know, Ramona has done just as much (if not more) to reinforce the 'Kelly is batshit' narrative, and yet, Bethenny is getting all the blame. I continue to be amazed at Ramona's ability to behave horribly and then just magically erase herself from the situation.

• Love 7

Andy made a funny face when Ramona said the last person she wants back on RHONY is Jill. I wouldn't put it past him to bring her back as a surprise guest like he did Kelly this year. Love to see her reaction with Bethenny and Ramona!

• Love 2

Andy made a funny face when Ramona said the last person she wants back on RHONY is Jill. I wouldn't put it past him to bring her back as a surprise guest like he did Kelly this year. Love to see her reaction with Bethenny and Ramona!

Do you really think that would happen?  I don't for two reasons - Jill wouldn't "settle" for a cameo appearance and Bravo doesn't trust her since she taped the interview.

Do you really think that would happen? I don't for two reasons - Jill wouldn't "settle" for a cameo appearance and Bravo doesn't trust her since she taped the interview.

After seeing Kelly I'd guess anything is possible at Bravo, unless Bethenny put it in her contract that Jill cannot be hired as a guest, lol!

It seems it may not happen due to Andy and Jills current feud.

Jill will not appear in the 100th Episode RHONY Special. It seems she helped with the creation of RHONY, but Andy refused to give her credit publicly. Though he called and did agree on her involvement at the beginning of RHONY.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-news-cast-spoilers-jill-zarin-insists-to-be-credited-for-the-creation-of-hit-reality-show-145439/

Excerpt--

"According to Celebrity Laundry Dirty, one of the original stars of the show, Jill Zarin, has given executive producer Andy Cohen an ultimatum if he wants her to appear in the 100th episode. Although many may not be surprised with the condition, some would still be taken aback somehow that Zarin wants credit for creating the show.

Cohen was reported to be in contact with Zarin and insisted that she take part in the special. Cohen was more than enthusiastic in expressing his belief that Zarin was among the "original creative force" behind the development of RHONY. This then triggered Zarin's demand to officially acknowledge this statement publicly. She wants Cohen to prepare an announcement that will recognize her as the creator of the New York City franchise. It is reported that Jill has been thought to be the brains behind the initial casting decisions, and found the common ground for the initial NYC housewives. Based on her reactions and decisions, many assume that Zarin is still carrying a sense of bitterness from being let go from the show.

According to All About the Tea, although initially full of compliments for Zarin, Cohen was more than displeased at this demand and immediately turned it down. This was apparently the start of the tension between the two that only escalated, despite Cohen trying to amend the situation by privately wooing Zarin. Zarin was not, however, moved by the gesture and is now refusing to appear in the special, while Cohen still stands by his decision."

Edited to add...I see the same story different source up thread.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

It seems it may not happen due to Andy and Jills current feud.

"According to Celebrity Laundry Dirty, one of the original stars of the show, Jill Zarin, has given executive producer Andy Cohen an ultimatum if he wants her to appear in the 100th episode. Although many may not be surprised with the condition, some would still be taken aback somehow that Zarin wants credit for creating the show.

Cohen was reported to be in contact with Zarin and insisted that she take part in the special. Cohen was more than enthusiastic in expressing his belief that Zarin was among the "original creative force" behind the development of RHONY. This then triggered Zarin's demand to officially acknowledge this statement publicly. She wants Cohen to prepare an announcement that will recognize her as the creator of the New York City franchise............"

I knew it!   If this is her attitude about appearing in the 100th episode, I'm sure she'd never, ever, never, ever, ever agree to appear in a cameo on a future episode.

I'm thrilled that I won't have to see Jill tomorrow night.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I think Jill had a lot to do with getting the cast members together but did she 'create' the show?  Hmmm.  It ended up being the RHNY.  A formula already in place. 

This all reminds me of Ro being on WWHL this week and when asked who is the housewife you would least likely to see come back, she immediately said Jill Zarin. 

While I do think Jill was a very interesting wife on the show, she also did some things that were....(I'm shaking my head).  And then there's that voice that could be at times worse than nails on a chalk board. 

It doesn't look like Heather is going to be on the show either.  At least, she wasn't in the previews.  Why am I not surprised.

• Love 4

Wasn't it that the show was originally going to be called "Manhattan Moms" but because "The Real Housewives of Orange County" -- which was originally going to be called "Behind the Gates" (or something like that) -- was doing so well, they decided to franchise the NY show after Season One had been filmed?

If Jill wanted a creator credit so bad, she should have fought with Cohen before S1 began (note that Scott Dunlop is still credited as a creator or developer of RHOC but none of the other franchises).

NY must have a slower output than ATL, because NY has been on longer but ATL already had their 100th episode spectacular.

• Love 3

NY took a rather long hiatus one year over salary issues.  The ratings have never recovered. 

I think Jill repeatedly shoots herself in the foot.  No one cares who idea it was, who got who on the show.  Unfortunately it makes the first 100 episodes a little questionable since Jill was the lead RH in the first five seasons.  If it means they are no interviews with Jill that is her loss not ours.

• Love 8

NY took a rather long hiatus one year over salary issues.  The ratings have never recovered. 

I think Jill repeatedly shoots herself in the foot.  No one cares who idea it was, who got who on the show.  Unfortunately it makes the first 100 episodes a little questionable since Jill was the lead RH in the first five seasons.  If it means they are no interviews with Jill that is her loss not ours.

I'd bet real money that Jil will be watching tonight. She might even do an interview (or call Page Six) to tell them how awful the show was because she was left out and that Bravo screwed her again.

• Love 6

If anyone wants to check Andy's Twitter account he explained Jill politely declined their request and she was instrumental in casting the show.

In essence he was denying the rumors.  I guess Jill didn't feel like being a Jeana and sharing.

• Love 3

Kelly said the other women making her look crazy on the Scary Island episode could've gotten her children taken away from her and she's a single parent, she's the bread winner so it's not like there are satchels of gold lying around with which to take care of them if she's not around.  Oh and she has no idea why she took so much heat for jogging in traffic, because New York is awesome and that's how you get to know the city.    Today.  She said that in 2015.

loco.gif

• Love 18

Kelly said the other women making her look crazy on the Scary Island episode could've gotten her children taken away from her and she's a single parent, she's the bread winner so it's not like there are satchels of gold lying around with which to take care of them if she's not around.  Oh and she has no idea why she took so much heat for jogging in traffic, because New York is awesome and that's how you get to know the city.    Today.  She said that in 2015.

loco.gif

Truth be told, I won't be satisfied until they put out the unseen footage of Scary Island.  

• Love 8

Was it just me or was Bethenny humble bragging during her cry session?

Totally. That's the part of her I can't stand. I'm right there with her most of the time because she's smart and says it like it is and calls people out and throws a funny zinger or two, and then the conceit comes in, and she loses me.

Re: Aviva - interesting that she admitted to planning the leg toss. Not that there was any doubt, but I didn't think she'd admit it.

• Love 6

Kelly is no doubt delusional.  Sorry Kel, you've got issues.

Cindy Barshop wasn't interviewed.... Yeah, I know, nobody cares.

It would have been fun to see Alex on the show, the person I couldn't stand the first few seasons but came to like.

Andy is soooo far up Beth's ass.

I think Kris got less time than Heather.

Aviva admits to planning the leg 'incident'.  Yeah, Aviva, we know.  You're not a good actor.  Andy makes it like it was 'news'.....

Dorinda is so wordy....

Just to clarify, I didn't watch the whole thing (I did record for later) but Project Runway was coming on.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

Oh I forgot, Andy asking Kelly about 'Al Sharpton' on Scary Island.  Kelly, have you not figured out how many years later that Beth was not quoting Al Sharpton but rather Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men?

I think the weirdest thing about that is that the other women are telling her that it's Jack Nicholson and Kelly keeps insisting that it's Al Sharpton. I've always maintained that Kelly confused Al Sharpton with Johnny Cochran and mistakenly thought that you can't handle the truth was something Cochran had said during the OJ trial. I think the fact that Kelly was so certain that a real person is known for that phrase is reason that she never investigated it.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the special and thought it was well done. Sheesh Kelly is just not all there, I don't miss seeing her AT ALL. When she was spouting off about being the soul winner of satchels of gold for her girls, she conveniently left out the fact that the girls have a father that earns a decent living.

I don't know what Jill really wanted in order to appear, but I'm sure it was ridiculous. I guess we will just have to wait to see her in her movies. Lol

• Love 5

I enjoyed the special and thought it was well done. Sheesh Kelly is just not all there, I don't miss seeing her AT ALL. When she was spouting off about being the soul winner of satchels of gold for her girls, she conveniently left out the fact that the girls have a father that earns a decent living.

I don't know what Jill really wanted in order to appear, but I'm sure it was ridiculous. I guess we will just have to wait to see her in her movies. Lol

Wow, loved the special!!! And it was super cool seeing most of the HW's audition videos too---you can see why they were cast based on the charisma they all displayed on those tapes, even crazy Aviva. Speaking of which, at least Aviva was honest and semi-repentant about the insanity she brought to her seasons.

I loved how everyone basically called Jill out as the evil, famewhorish, out-of-control shrew that she is. No love lost there whatsoever, which was hilarious to see...she really did think she ran that show for a while there. Team Bethenny on that ridiculously manufactured fight Jill started for no reason.

Kelly is still batshit crazy and just doesn't get life in general. Talk about zero ounces of self-awareness.

Watching Simon awkwardly awkward again was just golden. The "I Am Real" performance replay left me howling. I actually miss that dude, even more than I've ever missed the equally awkward Alex. At least his ambiguously gay shtick and crazy wardrobe were entertaining.

Oh yes, and I adored how one of my least favorite HW's ever, Cindy Barshop, not only wasn't invited on but barely got one mention---Ramona basically said she was a total nasty bitch to her and most everyone else once the cameras were rolling.

Yep, she was such a worthless hag; immediately coming out of the gates with a random vendetta against the show's most popular longtime leads was beyond idiotic.

Sonja, I'll never stop loving your hilariously deluded, drunken caburlesque self.

I'm gonna miss these broads so much!!!!

• Love 13

rotfl.  I guess the fact that he's a millionaire is an awkward fit for her version.    I know we were all theorizing on what her issue was at the time, I don't remember if we ever guessed that it was comprehensive + auditory...?   When they played the I'm up here and you're down there bar scene again, I thought it's not just that she doesn't properly process information, she doesn't receive it to begin with.  Lemonade to lemons, it's like her ears are dyslexic.

My favorite though was luann talking about the pirate.  She'd make a fabulous dude because girl is co-mmitt-ed to dying with the lie. How Jacques must've felt.  Ugh.  I liked French Ross Geller.  Even if he was trying his hardest to believe her, it was clear from those scenes right after they met that she was gonna have herself a piece of pirate booty (sorry :D)   And because I'd never connected it before, she can retroactively miss me with all that shit talking about Carole going after someone else's man.

Jill, Cindy, Veevs and Alex probably sat home steamed, looking at the tv like {{kanyeshrug}} SO?!  lol.

• Love 10

I thought it was just too much Bethenny, just like this season.  I actually would have liked to see more Cindy Barshop bc she was a horrible bore.  Her creepy brother too.  Remember Ramona's story about him wearing the dead guy's suit or something. That was a classic wedding they went to.  Jill bitching about Alex even being there.  Classic.

Bethenny's face really changed.  Where are the two balls on the side of her jaw hinge?  They disappeared.  She was gone for a few seasons, so why was the 100th episode so much Bethenny?

Aviva with the plumped up lips pregnant was great.  She loved the Anna Nicole Smith line about Sonja.

I was surprised they gave Heather so much time.  It didn't look like she had on any lipstick during her interview.

It would've been great to have Alex and Simon interviewed.  They would've been so serious about it. 

Loved the clips of the old reunions.

• Love 5

I also think Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny could've been a little more gracious to Kelly about Scary Island.  In hindsight it was clear that she had a mental breakdown.  Only Sonja at the time realized she was paranoid.  In their interviews for this show, they could've said in retrospect, I wish we realized how delusional she was and helped her instead of mocking her like cackling vultures and egging her on and screaming "Go to Sleep!" like drunken harpies.  Sure Kelly isn't right in the head even now, but they look like shrill bitches for not acknowledging that they treated someone going through a mental breakdown so horribly.

• Love 8

I also think Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny could've been a little more gracious to Kelly about Scary Island.  In hindsight it was clear that she had a mental breakdown.  Only Sonja at the time realized she was paranoid.  In their interviews for this show, they could've said in retrospect, I wish we realized how delusional she was and helped her instead of mocking her like cackling vultures and egging her on and screaming "Go to Sleep!" like drunken harpies.  Sure Kelly isn't right in the head even now, but they look like shrill bitches for not acknowledging that they treated someone going through a mental breakdown so horribly.

Girl you don't remember them saying this at the time?  When Andy showed the "go to sleep" clip, right then Sonja, of all people says it's clear that she's (I think the word she used was crazy) this is not right, she needs help we need to stop making fun of her.   Then Alex nods and says yes ok, let's stop.   It's just my opinion, but I think they were as respectful of Kelly as they could've been.  They were mocking her and carrying on before that because they thought they were equals ribbing the ridiculous things their girlfriend was saying.  They didn't know until that moment when Sonja says it that they were dealing with someone who didn't just have a cognition problem, she was experiencing an actual breakdown.  And then when the found out they sought to get her some help.  If anything, (again imo) they've exhibited restraint in describing it because Kelly has viewed and re-viewed that footage and her description of her actions is, yeah I cried.  It must be super difficult to continue to be gracious to someone about a thing they won't acknowledge happened.    She's still carrying on about systemic bullying.   It's some bullshit, each of them separately and then together tried to get her to make sense out of what was coming out of her own mouth.  She wasn't bullied she was asked to clarify what the hell she meant.

Johan face.  

• Love 18

The 100th show anniversary was a semi-trip to watch.  I really wish they'd bring back Alex and Simon because their wannabe socialite/social climbing weirdness and awkwardness was actually enjoyable (in an "OMG, so strange!" kind of way) to watch! As for Bethenny, it was nice to see her old jaw again, since every time I watch her now with her new jaw, I keep looking for her old jaw.

That said, I don't think RHONYC can survive with Bethenny because, as mentioned many times here, everyone has to kiss her ass (and worry about not pissing her off too much) to get film time, which makes it 100% unnatural.  I also believe that she's the reason Heather left.

• Love 5

Oh I forgot, Andy asking Kelly about 'Al Sharpton' on Scary Island.  Kelly, have you not figured out how many years later that Beth was not quoting Al Sharpton but rather Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men?

loco.gif

Amen to these. So nice to see that the passage of time has not made Kelly any more insightful or thoughtful. Or any less delusional. She was, and still is, such a clueless and awful person.

Aviva looked weird.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she finally parted ways with that horrific 1970s Farrah Fawcett hairdo.  But something about her look was not working for me.  Ehhh I guess she's just so ugly inside that I have a hard time seeing anything remotely attractive about her on the outside. I was glad that she finally copped to the "leg throw" being pre-meditated, at the very least.

The facial reconstruction that both Ramona and Beth have done to themselves since season 1 was glaringly obvious in those clips last night.  Beth HAD to have had that jaw-shaving surgery (which I know was speculated upon in her thread).

Funny seeing Sonja with the long hair in her "audition" tape.  I have NO clue what she was going on about in that tape... something about hunting?  Ehhhh par for the course. 

I somehow missed the song stylings of one Mr. Simon van Kempen the first time around.  Oh dear.  He needed Lulu's autotune!  I am with those who think it would have been nice to see Alex interviewed last night, though.  She was a pretty big part of the show.  And, plus, I kinda like her (and Simon.... shhhh don't tell anyone).

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7

I thought Luann breaking down over the loss of her marriage and lifestyle was sad.  It is clear she really misses the Count.  I am at a loss why Bethenny didn't know what a Countess is/was and compared it to a leprechaun. 

I like the format for OC better-less Andy and more interviews.  I really was disappointed all the people they left out or minimalized.  Next time maybe it should not be part of WWHL.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

loco.gif

If Kelly doesn't want her children taken away, she should be vigilant about taking her meds.  What we saw on Scary Island was Kelly trying in vain to substitute sugar because she was in withdrawal from whatever she is on.  As with many people who seem to be bi-polar, she is non-compliant.  Meds won't help her strange delusions about Bethenny, but they would make her less likely to become a danger to herself and others.

• Love 9

Jill Zarin refusing to be a part of this?  I am shocked she didn't want her mug on tv.

Where was Alex?

Andy wanted her to pay her own way to fly to New York.  I guess they were testing the "thirst" level.  She wisely said no and said logistically it did not work in Australia.

• Love 5

I think the next time Vicki runs into Bethenny she needs to remind her both she and Jeana had businesses that supported their families in their cul-de-sac houses-houses that are worth millions of dollars.  This arrogance that somehow New York was superior is ridiculous because everyone had businesses is just more of Bethenny's arrogance.  Jill didn't have a business, Bethenny's was unsuccessful, Luann didn't have a business, Alex worked for Victoria Secrets, the only one with a business of her own was Ramona. 

• Love 21

Was there anything worse in those audition tapes than Sonja's bedraggled mess of long, stringy hair?  I could not stop laughing when she was talking about the fabulous lifestyle she leads.  All I could think of was, "with that hair?  If your lifestyle is so fabulous, why do you have an old mop on your head?"

• Love 6

Beth's ego is just getting bigger and bigger.  I can't imagine what next season is going to be like without anyone who stand up to her with Heather gone and Kris most probably being reduced to a friend (Yeah,  I think they will keep her.  She's getting a lot of exposure on the Bravo site and I don't think AM and Josh is going to brought up.  It happened off season and it looks like they're staying together.  Not much to discuss.)

So what's left unless they bring in someone new, approved by Beth no doubt.  It's more Bethenny Starting Over in Cougar Town.

• Love 15

Beth's ego is just getting bigger and bigger.

Yep, she may as well have just hosted that special. Just like on the reunion she seemed to have more control than Andy. I don't understand why he is giving her so much power! Despite what he and B are trying to get viewers to believe, her return really did not set the ratings on fire. They really need to bring on a new lady that is not afraid to challenge her or next season is going to be a snooze. 

• Love 21

When Andy asked if they could do imitations of any of their castmates, Dorinda did Bethenny and then said, something like, "Whoops.  Am I going to be in trouble now?" 

I thought that was telling.  Everybody is afraid of Bethenny.

• Love 23

I don't understand why he is giving her so much power!

Maybe they're grooming her to take over Andy's television duties.  If she could learn to let the guests speak, she might be good at it. At least I think she'd ask the questions that Andy doesn't and when she tones down the 1983 witticisms, she can be funny.

As much as Andy loves the limelight, he's not getting any younger.  And assuming he still holds an executive/day time gig with Bravo, doing the nightly club house, in addition to trying to have some kind of life - maybe he's looking to let some of it go.

Or maybe not.  Just trying to figure out why Beth is holding so many cards.

• Love 10