Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: I Don't Date, I Mate

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Damn, Kate describing her castmates from Greek mythology was hilarious. Emile as a minotaur! Rocky as Narcissis. Amy, Dionysus, the goddess of wine and cheer. And Eddie as Atlas. Hahahaha, I'll be laughing all day. Almost as good as the fonts last year.

Break up with her Eddie, it's not worth it.

Rocky's talking heads make me sick. All that movement...feel like I'm being jerked about on a rollercoaster.

• Love 7

Awwww Eddie. His girlfriend sounds like a bitch. And she cheated on him. He seems like a pretty stand up guy, he can do better.  

He does seem like a stand up guy but he also acknowledges that his is a "fucked up relationship" so I think there's a little stupid mixed in there, too.  Watching him grovel made me stabby.  Anyone know how old he is?  Because I may chalk his effing this/effing that/throwing stuff at walls as immaturity and something he might grow out of once he dumps the chick who seems to be driving him to distraction.

The girl:

https://instagram.com/p/sgGGvUTdr_/embed/?v=3

• Love 1

I say this knowing nothing about Eddie's girlfriend aside from what airs on the show, but his big issue seemed to be her not doing the work in the relationship to reciprocate support in the way he needs. Which could be a sign of selfishness/expecting to be catered to (à la Rocky), or could be a sign of depression in someone who doesn't have the emotional energy to be upbeat and eager during a long separation.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

Cheating isn't acceptable at all, IMO, but there are two sides to every story. Not to say Eddie hasn't come off like a nice guy, but I don't know anything about him to say he's a great person or great boyfriend.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

I'm not seeing what was so funny about the diving?  They put on costumes they just *happen* to have and then jump?

I didn't think it was funny but none of the costumes seemed over the top to have. I can see both Connie and Rocky bringing with them, Kate's was a survival suit, Emile's was balloons and Eddie's was stuff they have for their theme parties

• Love 2

I didn't think it was funny but none of the costumes seemed over the top to have. I can see both Connie and Rocky bringing with them, Kate's was a survival suit, Emile's was balloons and Eddie's was stuff they have for their theme parties

Tutus and boxing gloves?  

I'm going to choose to believe Rocky's just doing the producer's bidding.  Otherwise she's kind of a dick, for both the mixed signals and drinking happily along with him on the date then getting annoyed when he wound up drunk.  

I have to give it up to her, though, because she's really the only thing that I remember about this episode.  So, y'know, yay her.

Agreed.

But holy cow woman, enough with the cutesy, I'm so crazy, a lot to handle shit.  It takes all of her natural cuteness away from her.

• Love 2

Tutus and boxing gloves?  

Agreed.

But holy cow woman, enough with the cutesy, I'm so crazy, a lot to handle shit.  It takes all of her natural cuteness away from her.

I get the feeling from Rocky that she has had some professional acting training.  She KNOWS that her "upward eyes" look is a cute look (in VERY, VERY small doses - from now on, whenever I see a Cover Girl makeup magazine ad with that look, I will forever call it the "Rocky"), and she is also super camera aware and not at all awkward in front of the cameras.  Whenever Rocky is the main focus of the scene, she knows exactly what will play well, and over-exxagerates that behavior, imo.  (The tearful phone call to her father, for example, turned into a full-on, sobbing, fall to the floor drama scene.)

I think when the producers sent out a casting call for this season, they specified they needed a female who could be "wild and crazy", in order to fill those deck shoes left by Kat.  Kat brought the craziness, but it seemed more natural and organic when it happened.  Rocky's "wild and crazy" just seems well-acted and somewhat phony to me.  We'll see, maybe I'm wrong and she really is that way IRL.  

On the other hand, she is playing that part brilliantly, because her performance on the show has most posters here think she may have ADHD tendencies at the very least, or she is just a totally whacked out loon!!    :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

On the other hand, she is playing that part brilliantly, because her performance on the show has most posters here think she may have ADHD tendencies at the very least, or she is just a totally whacked out loon!!    :-)

I'd rather not call it "brilliant" at all.  In fact, I just want her off the show completely because: 1) if she does have some kind of ADHD or even mental illness, then she never should've been hired/cast to begin with (she can't seem to hack it for shit), and 2) if she is faking all of this and amping up the antics/drama for ratings, then it's an insult to the viewers (which, yes, I know, most reality shows are insulting to the viewers' intelligence), but most importantly, even more insulting to those actually working in the yachting industry.  Sorry, I don't find her amusing the in least; I want her gone.

• Love 6

I cosign the ADHD in regards to Rocky. Could she maybe be bipolar as well?? The hyper sexuality could be a sign.

I thought the same about Rocky and several different diagnosis ran through my head. ADD/ADHD, Tourette Syndrome, Bipolar disorder, hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorder and several others. She not only needs but demands more attention than any other crew I've seen on this show. She's even more attention starved than Kat was last season. Truthfully her facial expressions are starting to get very annoying.

• Love 4

I am not believing the tips, cash or the amounts.

Anyone have some insight into this?

I can't find the article I read about this, so I'm doing this from memory and my figures may be off a bit. The guests we see on the show pay a reduced rate, a little less than half of the $87,000 it normally costs to rent the boat for three days. They're also expected to pay a tip of at least $13,000, which is 15% of the regular rental price. The article didn't say if they had to pay for gas or provisions, the way regular charter guests would.

I think these folks provide excellent service, but, to me, it doesn't seem worth a one to two K tip. Of course, to people who can afford an $87,000 plus getaway that probably seems like chump change.

Seems the engineers and mates are not included in tipping, and that even a high rollin' charter primary guest may not be toting along $20 "large". Deckhand gets same amount as Bosun?

In this episode, they split the "20 large" 10 ways. That would be Kate, Amy, Rocky, Eddie, Emile, Connie, Leon, the real engineer and first mate and either another crew member we've never seen or Captain Lee, right?

I think it might have been a bit of both, in that her "font analysis" of the crew members was a hit last year, so they suggested she do the Greek Gods this time. I believe she came up with those choices though! Rocky's and Leon's were perfect.

• Love 3

Ok but Dionysus is a god not a goddess so that didn't work for me. A wood nymph that follows him maybe better or, Persephone because she seems to follow the rules loyally.

I'd love to see her with Eddie. So cute! But I'd fear that rocky would be a bunny boiler. It's so hard to break a long term relationship, but maybe this is the beginning. And he is either Atlas or Sisaphys.

Emile... tsk tsk tsk... such a pretty boy. Ok I'll be all sexist here and say, I'd totally break him. Lol.

There is just something wrong with Leon. I've lived in the UK and they LOVE their fancy dress parties! I don't trust him at all. No reason to lie to the guests, no reason to make them get their own meal. Sounded like they wanted to do the lobster diving, but why not have a fresh filling meal after that exhausting swim and then do the lobster and conch the next night.

Kate is not Athena. I'll have to think who she is. Maybe an Oracle?

I think Leon is really just a wet blanket and made up the "That's an AMERICAN thing, scoff," as an excuse for not participating.

Also I wonder if the reason Kate and Leon can't get along is because they're too similar. If you notice, they're both very elitist. Leon seems to think he's more "sophisticated" than everyone else and that his food is sacred, even if the guests want Mexican or fresh conch, well too bad they're getting spaghetti with some avocado in it and frozen conch. And Kate with her comments about cruise ships being the Walmart of the industry and yachts the Neimann Marcus. They're both very elitist and take their respective jobs very seriously. They are too similar and that could be why they don't like each other.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 2

If you notice, they're both very elitist. Leon seems to think he's more "sophisticated" than everyone else and that his food is sacred, even if the guests want Mexican or fresh conch, well too bad they're getting spaghetti with some avocado in it and frozen conch. And Kate with her comments about cruise ships being the Walmart of the industry and yachts the Neimann Marcus.

I think Leon and Kate are elitist but I don't think Kate was wrong when she said that.  I've seen the way food is prepped on cruise ships vs. private charter. Apples to oranges.  However, Sears vs. Neiman Marcus might have been a more fitting analogy.

Kate needs to remember, though, that there are people who think the 160 foot 'Eros' is a dinghy with a dingbat, low-rent, captain and crew. 

I'll bet there wouldn't be a tacky lightning bolt fashioned out of cardboard and tinfoil aboard the Pegasus.  That was lame. http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=princess-mariana-1290

The Pegasus, a private charter yacht, has a boat garage that can be closed off and turned into a pool.  Oh, and it also has another pool, on deck.  Suck it, Kate.

Party in the boat garage:

jscfud6a9azfxlvmqzfq.jpg

• Love 5

Foam still would have blown away in the wind!

Man, reading that that juggernaut is designed for 12 guests really dropped my jaw. Who was it built for, Lex Luthor?

LOL.  From wiki: "originally built for Carlos Peralta, head of a Mexican construction and electric component parts company."  He paid $180 million USD. Eight years later it was sold for 98 million USD and is now private charter.  in 2006 she was the 33rd largest yacht in the world.

So for the snobby stewardess onboard the Pegasus.  I also say, suck it.  You're Walmart!

• Love 2

I'd rather not call it "brilliant" at all.  In fact, I just want her off the show completely because: 1) if she does have some kind of ADHD or even mental illness, then she never should've been hired/cast to begin with (she can't seem to hack it for shit), and 2) if she is faking all of this and amping up the antics/drama for ratings, then it's an insult to the viewers (which, yes, I know, most reality shows are insulting to the viewers' intelligence), but most importantly, even more insulting to those actually working in the yachting industry.  Sorry, I don't find her amusing the in least; I want her gone.

I agree completely. Rocky looks to be immature and looking for the most attention on a reality show.  Does not mean she doesn't have any mental issues. Quite frankly, I think Rocky belongs on an MTV reality show.  Also, judging by that unattractive face of Kate and even though she isn't married, I still think she belongs on one of those Bravo Housewife shows..

• Love 1

I can't find the article I read about this, so I'm doing this from memory and my figures may be off a bit. The guests we see on the show pay a reduced rate, a little less than half of the $87,000 it normally costs to rent the boat for three days. They're also expected to pay a tip of at least $13,000, which is 15% of the regular rental price. The article didn't say if they had to pay for gas or provisions, the way regular charter guests would.

I think these folks provide excellent service, but, to me, it doesn't seem worth a one to two K tip. Of course, to people who can afford an $87,000 plus getaway that probably seems like chump change.

In this episode, they split the "20 large" 10 ways. That would be Kate, Amy, Rocky, Eddie, Emile, Connie, Leon, the real engineer and first mate and either another crew member we've never seen or Captain Lee, right?

Why do I get the feeling the Capt. takes his tip off the top then divides up the rest for the crew.

• Love 3

Why is it that every behavior that seems "off" (whatever that means) has to be some diagnosis from DSM5 or 6 or whatever they're up to?  What is considered normal today and what is considered off?  Can't people just be without having some type of "disorder?"

• Love 6

Why is it that every behavior that seems "off" (whatever that means) has to be some diagnosis from DSM5 or 6 or whatever they're up to? What is considered normal today and what is considered off? Can't people just be without having some type of "disorder?"

I would agree..and especially in regard to people who sign up for reality TV, I would think the scale of "normal" would have to be adjusted.

• Love 4

Why is it that every behavior that seems "off" (whatever that means) has to be some diagnosis from DSM5 or 6 or whatever they're up to?  What is considered normal today and what is considered off?  Can't people just be without having some type of "disorder?"

I agree.  But I think it takes a certain sort of something (narcissism) to sign up for these shows to begin with.  Then throw in some herky-jerky body language or other classic signs of disorder and there ya go.

But overall, I do think there are some people who just dance to their own drum.

That said, I read your post and it made me giggle - considering your name is "Neurochick". 

• Love 1

TBH I don't think anyone is wrong in saying they think Rocky might have ADHD. She exhibits some of the most classic signs: doesn't have much of an attention span, and even she herself wrote in a blog that she gets bored easily. She has lots of energy and can't seem to focus on any one thing at a time (saying she likes to cook but also enjoys being outside but also signed up for stew duties). And most especially as everyone has pointed out about her, when she is doing her talking heads she can never just look straight at the camera. She always has to be moving her head around. It's kind of obvious she might have ADHD. 

• Love 2

And then there's this... http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=yacht-lauren-l-1040

Almost $800,000 a week to rent...14 of the 24 bedrooms/suites are over 500 sq feet. It has a crew of 32! Suck it, Kate and Leon.

Ryebread, thank you for that awesome site!

I spent far too much time on that site yesterday.  And then that lead to looking at other boats that had boat garages, which led to reading bios on people who can afford such things and so on and so on. I freaking love the internet. LOL

• Love 1

The first criterion for what is normal is a routine violation of social norms. Behavior that goes against what is considered normal by society is abnormal. Culture, plays a role in social norms, as does age. A woman who takes off all her clothes and jumps off a boat dock is likely to be seen as weird, whereas a three-year-old who does it might just be seen as cute. Raquel 'Rocky' Dakota is a 25 year old woman, not a 15 year old impulsive teenager. Her shenanigans like climbing atop the mast of the Eros can be viewed by some as frisky or daring but in reality it's dangerous and absolutely not allowed by any crew member. For some reason, Rocky seems to feel that she's the exception to any rule.

• Love 5

There was a set of THs (during/after the dinner date with Emile) where her hair was straightened and styled and she actually looked at the camera. It made me realize how annoying I find her usual THs, especially because she's apparently capable of putting all those weird ticks aside.

The first criterion for what is normal is a routine violation of social norms. Behavior that goes against what is considered normal by society is abnormal. Culture, plays a role in social norms, as does age. A woman who takes off all her clothes and jumps off a boat dock is likely to be seen as weird, whereas a three-year-old who does it might just be seen as cute. Raquel 'Rocky' Dakota is a 25 year old woman, not a 15 year old impulsive teenager. Her shenanigans like climbing atop the mast of the Eros can be viewed by some as frisky or daring but in reality it's dangerous and absolutely not allowed by any crew member. For some reason, Rocky seems to feel that she's the exception to any rule.

Not to mention, lying in a fetal position under a towel on the dock after her little exhibition was just plain weird.

• Love 8

Perhaps Rocky could be on Discovery Channel's survival reality show called "Naked and Afraid?"    

• Love 2

Rocky annoys the heck out of me, but she's nowhere near as bad as Kat, to the point that I don't think I'd have watched if she were back this season. So I'll take Rocky with her ping pong eyeballs in the fetal position on the deck over Kat any day of the week.

• Love 2

Rocky annoys the heck out of me, but she's nowhere near as bad as Kat, to the point that I don't think I'd have watched if she were back this season. So I'll take Rocky with her ping pong eyeballs in the fetal position on the deck over Kat any day of the week.

IMO, Kat was so clearly under some kind of influence that it was scary for me to stare at her constant embarassing behavior. And last season she was lazy at work. First season, the arrogant girl was the one who complained and shirked. Last season, it was Kat. Irritating to watch these people complain about fluffing a pillow while pulling down a thousand dollars or more a week doing unskilled labor.

• Love 1

I think she's just a tease. I can't stand her and if she stays all season I may stop watching, especially if it stays The Rocky Show like it has been so far.

I'm far from being a prude but do we really need to see her ass in every episode? I've seen people here talk about her being cute/attractive, having nice hair, whatever and I'm just not seeing it. I don't think there's anything cute about her and that stupid fake laugh of hers makes my ears hurt.

Oh my, I don't need to see her ass ever again either!  

So Rocky goes on a date in which she's plying her date with drinks, thrusts her body towards him for a kiss (on the cheek), disrobes (to her bathing suit) and goes swimming, but for some reason was appalled that her date that she plied with drinks is now drunk and just pretty much wants to fuck?  

And seriously, Emile made such a big deal about not dating which can only mean random hook-ups right?  Why would anyone want to date a potentially walking STD?  Not to mention, he has no personality.  

I do raise an eyebrow at complaints about drinking when she was the one urging him to pound shots rather than drink water. That said, Emile got sloppy drunk, so I can see his appeal dissipating pretty quickly.

I don't see the appeal in him at all anyway.  He's a nice looking guy and yeah, accents are great.  But have we ever heard him carry on a real conversation about anything of substance?  Not that we've heard Rocky carry on real conversation.

The funny thing for me in watching these episodes, Rocky is the one who walks around like she's got the hormones of a teenage boy.  And then she seems surprised wen someone wants action?

• Love 1

She made a comment about having experienced "whiskey dick" in the past, so I assume she decided anything that happened was going to be disappointing and bailed.  

And I don't think that was a bathing suit -- that was lingerie.  

• Love 1