Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Brody believes that a sailor hit by a party bus in the French Quarter is connected to her sister’s death after the NCIS team discovers similarities between the two. The team prepares for St. Patrick’s Day festivities in New Orleans.

The wife being the suspect was so obvious to me..almost TOO obvious . I thought she may have been a red herring. I enjoyed Pride's scenes with Laurel. Scott just comes across to me as a very natural "father" type. I liked the scene where he was ready to let the phones ring while he focused on his daughter. Even though it is hard to balance the career and the family, you definitely see were his heart is.

I was really expecting that after his apology he would tell Laurel that it was OK that she followed her own way, and being an adult she can make her own decisions. But I actually liked it better when he told her "it's not ok. You are an adult and you made a comittment" and good on Laurel for agreeing to that without argument. I think it's a good life lesson in responsibility and integrity. I'm assuming that Pride is footing the bill for the college , which is perhaps why Laurel felt she had to check with him.

• Love 5

Hearing them sing "Under Pressure" was a nice shoutout to David Bowie in the end..

Aww...was that what that was? I knew I recognized the lyrics from somewhere. That was sweet!

I had just been wondering if they were ever going to pick that up again so I was glad they did, and that it was resolved.  I thought it was a good, tight episode.

Sebastian continues to grow on me.

• Love 5

I was really glad the sister thing wasn't drawn out. No two parter, no big blowouts, just a tight story. This show really plays the team as family and that's why I've fallen in love with it.

But those St Paddy day shirts were UGLY.

• Love 4

We never really did get an answer (beyond the guy's explanation) as to why the recovering alcoholic IT guy was selected to be framed for Emily's death. Surely there must have been many alcoholics to choose from.

I'm torn on the resolution of Emily's murder. They had the cool photos with the hidden numbers leading to the secret website. They intimated it must be part of a big conspiracy.

The final plot was remarkably underwhelming. The cool photo build up? Done to get Brody involved -- which he could have done with a phone conversation. There were only a couple of people killed total, which also made the whole "conspiracy" underwhelming.

It's like they said, "Oh shit, we forgot about Emily's sister. What if we just append it to this episode?"

• Love 1

Should have billed it NCIS family night.

Is it just me or did Pride flipping out on Spooner seem forced? The escalation at that point made no sense to me. After the comment about his daughter, yes. But it just seemed as if Bakula jumped a point.

Did like the return of the militia storyline and I thought it was well constructed. Just a little tired of the family in peril trope.

Edited by marina to
  • Love 1

When they said the guy in jail wasn't the head of the whole thing my mind went right to that lady because it had to do with guns.  If they are going with the WOW factor it has to be someone we know and at this point we don't have many choices.  Sonia kicks ass. 

The woman that played Pride's ex-partner reminds me of somebody and I can't figure out who.  Please help!!! I was distracted the whole episode trying to figure out who.

Pride's daughter also kicks ass.

• Love 2

The woman who played Pride's ex-partner was just on the most recent season of "Major Crimes". She played a similar part with a very different outcome. Is that who you're thinking of, NYGirl?

I watched the Major Crimes finale on Monday night and it was quite a shock to see Widow Cop pop up here as a good guy:)

i agree, family in danger, or even main characters in danger, is really getting old.  I did like that Laurel beat off her attacker - I don't know why she was so worried that she killed him.

I wasn't the least surprised that the militia leader was the lawyer - her story of being forced to work for them seemed pretty fake.  They should have investigated her more thoroughly to find out her background.

Anyhow, I hope that puts an end to the militia story line.

• Love 2

I'm tired of the militia story line too.  Hope it goes away permanently.  Was the woman who played Pride's ex-partner wearing a wig?  I kept being distracted by her hair, especially in the close ups.

• Love 1

The actress playing Pride's ex-partner had the same hairstyle in Major Crimes.  I agree her hair was distracting, mainly because of how it seemed to keep changing color from brown to red on my tv. 

• Love 1
The NCIS team investigates the murder of a Navy Lieutenant during a French Quarter second line funeral procession, a New Orleans tradition that celebrates the recently deceased with a musical street parade.

There was a great moment when the visiting agent (babysitter?) told the team that the case was linked to a previous case.  Pride jumped in with authority to state that "We've been working on that case already!!" and the agent curtly told him "NO! You stopped working that case the minute your daughter was attacked"

Also...when LaSalle asked her "What are we supposed to do if we are not allowed to help on this case?"

Good answer--"Go back to investigating your other cases.  Just do your job."

• Love 2

The actress playing Pride's ex-partner had the same hairstyle in Major Crimes.  I agree her hair was distracting, mainly because of how it seemed to keep changing color from brown to red on my tv. 

Haha, so true! The actress is named Julie Ann Emery. Her IMDB photo has the same hairdo, but brown instead of reddish.

The militia attorney was sort of a female Keyser Soze.

Nice Brody-centric episode. I also enjoy that this show is like "NCIS family". And that I can enjoy all the secondary characters as much as the primary characters. (I love Patton) this isn't the first time that I've seen Bakula head up an ensemble cast that gives a good "family" vibe.

• Love 2

The woman that played Pride's ex-partner reminds me of somebody and I can't figure out who.  Please help!!! I was distracted the whole episode trying to figure out who.

Her voice reminded me of Kelli Giddish. Not her look, but her voice -- her accent and her speech pattern.

No. I don't watch Major Crimes so it wasn't that. She resembles another actress that I've seen before. It's driving me crazy

She also played Betsy Kettleman on "Better Call Saul." She was awesome in that role! I haven't watched NCIS:New Orleans in quite a while, and I just happened to catch this one somewhere in middle and was like, "Betsy!" when I saw her on the screen.

Didn't catch this the first time (didn't watch a lot of the beginning of the season) so having seen Brody's story line wrapped up, was good to see some of the lead off. Loved, loved, loved the red dress run. If I didn't know that Weber is now mayor I would have completely bought the misdirection. I just really like this show.

I didn't particularly love that they are starting to hit us over the head with the Lasalle and Percy ship. I was pleasantly enjoying this show as one of the few that didn't seem to need to rotate through the various pairings.

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the LaSalle/Percy thing either. The whole "we've been working together for a long time" thing made me roll my eyes too. No, you haven't been working together for a long time. Percy, you have't even been an NCIS agent for a full year- there's plenty about LaSalle and the rest of team that you probably don't know, and that's the way it should be at this point in their relationship.

So, yes, show, please avoid the hammer with LaSalle/Percy.

• Love 5

It's about time Lucas Black took his shirt off! Roll Tide! But Percy's prolonged ogling him with her camera was too much. And inappropriate. "Country Mouse" was certainly justified in finally batting her camera away. The writing can be more heavy-handed and dragged out in this branch of the NCIS franchise than in the others. And being strictly NOLA-based, more claustrophobic maybe. And yet they haven't yet scratched the surface of NOLA as a character. There is more to the city than jazz, food and a 24 hour Mardi Gras.

• Love 2

Bobbin, I agree with your comments about there being more to New Orleans than a 24 hour party.  A person visiting on an average weekday not during Mardi Gras season would probably never see a jazz funeral, a parade or other celebration that seems to appear frequently in the show.  I think the scene with the coroners was filmed at City Park.  The moss on the bare trees was lovely.   

• Love 3

Finally just watched this. And I did enjoy it. However, I don't get why the militia had to go after Pride's daughter just to distract him. They could have just taken him out altogether. They sure spent a lot of time following him around, just to attack Laurel. So I wonder if the militia storyline is well and truly over? I was thinking that maybe the one "in charge" was supposed to be in Syria? So I guess it was the lady lawyer all along?

I've always like Laurel. I love her now. What a badass. Kept her wits about her and fought back - twice. Yet, still being freaked out enough (like a young college kid would be ) by having to kill someone .

But....where was Laurel's mom? Her boyfriend got a shoutout..but no mom? Oh yea, we are probably suppose to forget that Dwayne has an ex wife. Because the way they wrote her off was beyond stupid IMO. (I need to just get over it)

I was wondering if every day is Mardi gras in NOLA while watching this one. It's unrealistic having all that but it's fun so I can roll with it.

LaSalle/Percy anvils can go away now.

No Sonja again.

I'm glad it wasn't Pride's friend who was the guilty party.  I wouldn't have cared if it had been the general - his arrogance surely needed to be knocked out of him.

I really don't understand why Pride is to blame for the general's problems - total buck passing.

• Love 2

I have always disliked the actor that played the General from the time he was "Neil, the Architect" on Another World. He always looked like his hair was greasy and I've never gotten over that.  Whenever he'd show up on Murder, She Wrote, I always hoped he'd be the one to buy the farm.  He's probably a very nice guy; I've just got that hang-up from the 70s I can't get rid of. (and the fact that as he ages, he begins to resemble my brother more and more. bwaahahahaa....more unresolved issues.)

When I saw Nic Lea's name in the opening titles, I squealed, "Krychek!" and my X-Phile heart did an extra pitter-pat.  I, too, am glad he wasn't a perp.

I just looked up the ep. on imdb. Yeah, Mr. Peterson is the former SecNav from Mothership NCIS.

• Love 2

I enjoyed this episode , though I was thinking that Col. Nilson was the guilty party. Glad he wasn't though. I've never seen the actor before, but I had to look him up to check his age. I couldn't believe that he was a grade school friend of Pride's, especially since he appeared so much younger. He looked kinda young for a full bird colonel. But he's 53. So it fits. And if Bakula is playing younger than his real age, than I guess that would work. Gotta say, Nic Lea ages very well!

And my money on the leak is Rebecca's dad. Chris made the point of saying "ill answer ANY questions you have about Rebecca". So, he probably inadvertently told the dad something that he shouldn't have. ( although I'm not sure of the timeline works, if the press already had the leak and Chris was still with the dad at the house )

At any rate, it looks like Pride has made yet another "friend ". He seriously ought to think about retirement. There are guys gunning for him wherever he goes .

• Love 4

I kinda hope Percy doesn't come back. I don't think she adds anything to the mix.

I hope the media leak is not another Militia ruse against Pride. Or is the Militia defunct? I hate episodes in which an evil guy is intent on psychologically torturing our Hero before they finally murder him. It's just so hard to believe!

Why was the General in such hot water?  He wasn't having an affair, but helping someone bring down a criminal that was bilking the Navy of lots of money.  Seems like that would put him in a favorable light.

He gave the victim access to information/documents that were above her security level.

Did they even mention where Percy was?

At least she's made enough of an impression that I noticed her absence almost immediately.

She wasn't the only cast member MIA, I thought it was a replay from last year until they got to the part two is coming scenes.

She wasn't the only cast member MIA, I thought it was a replay from last year until they got to the part two is coming scenes.

Yeah, Patton wasn't there either.