Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Have they changed Pride's nickname from King to Kind?  I thought that's what Chris was calling him - it did not sound like King.

Pride's first name is Dwayne.  Maybe that was what LaSalle was saying?  (I've already deleted it from my DVR or I would check.)

• Love 2

Wow, hypocrite much? Pride spent most of last season still pining after his ex-wife and convinced the both of them would get back together when it couldn't possibly get more blindingly apparent that they were well and truly over. The guy really has no room to talk when it comes to properly handling grief. After I thought of that I could not take much he was saying seriously.

Edited by immortalfrieza

Pride's first name is Dwayne.  Maybe that was what LaSalle was saying?  (I've already deleted it from my DVR or I would check.)

I think the great NCIS NO conspiracy could be laid to rest. It was a typo! :)

I think the great NCIS NO conspiracy could be laid to rest. It was a typo! :)

It wasn't just your post though, I really thought that's what Chris was calling him.  But I am old and my hearing is going.

Special Agent Pride is sent a partner from the Australian Defence Force Investigation Service, Special Agent Naomi Parsons (Kate Beahan), after an Australian Royal Navy Lieutenant, who was key to international negotiations on nuclear weapons, is murdered in New Orleans.

I gotta say, "Rich people are assholes" is one of the most inventive excuses for being an alcoholic there is. I almost started giggling when Colette told King about her life drama.

Having the Australian lady around just showcased for me how I miss Agent Borin, who has more personality in her toe than this person has in her everything. And i was missing Percy this episode, as weird as it sounds, as she can get rather annoying. The could have make room for both of them here. But I guess, making Colette a potential love interest for King was more important? Even though she's way too young for him.

BTW, Dwayne's daughter could have at least other reasons for being overbearing and intrusive about her dad's love life. Like she still hoping her mom and dad would make up or something.

The case wasn't very interesting, as the killer was shoved into the plot practically at the last second, and even then he only had one significant trait: being a creepy Nice Guy .

• Love 5

the killer was shoved into the plot practically at the last second, and even then he only had one significant trait: being a creepy Nice Guy ™.

When singer-girl was being interviewed & he rushed over to chime in, I spotted him then as the killer.  I've seen too many crime shows, apparently, and there's nothing new to add to them. <shrug>

• Love 5

When singer-girl was being interviewed & he rushed over to chime in, I spotted him then as the killer.  I've seen too many crime shows, apparently, and there's nothing new to add to them. <shrug>

That what I meant. It was obvious and kind of cliche. I watched way too many crime shows as well!

• Love 2

If I were going to work with people from another agency and could read about their backgrounds, I would. Then I'd shut up about it. The Australian woman repeating their information to them was annoying, arrogant, and vaguely creepy. Then she got overwrought at the suspect getting away and jumped the gun, letting the real suspect actually get away. After that, when they thought the guy in Australia might be the culprit, she stopped cooperating with Pride's team. So, she's unprofessional and not all that good at it when she is professional. Plus, I'm not aware that a proven technique for treating alcoholism is to join the Navy. Yup, looks like a good candidate for a healthy, happy romance for Pride.

Too, as already noted, she's awfully young for him. I wish the PTB at NCIS and NCIS:NOLA would stop pretending that their leads are younger than they are. Being in your sixties isn't the kiss if death in real life. I wish they would recognize that they have two attractive older men here and provide them with potential partners in a reasonable age range.

I, too, would be fine with not seeing the smug daughter again.

• Love 5

This is actually a bigger age gap than they usually go for. I think Gibbs usually has girlfriends who are relatively age appropriate, compared to the 20 year gap we've got here. It's a bit much. But then, I don't get why so many shows now with older leads have to break their long marriage up (they have to have had a long marriage, to show there's nothing wrong with them) and get them divorced so they can hook up, anyway.

• Love 1

Last week, the victim was found on the grounds of a plantation house a few miles upriver from New Orleans.  There are many places they could choose to film around the city.  There's a warehouse district, the port area, swamps galore, etc.

That what I meant. It was obvious and kind of cliche. I watched way too many crime shows as well!

I've also seen too many crime shows, because I figured out long ago that it's always either one of the first couple people the cast talks to especially if they spend hardly any time at all actually talking to them or somebody that nobody knows exists until the last 5-10 minutes of the episode, therefore the band member was it.

One of these days on these sorts of show I like to see a character like that Australian woman that royally screws up and goes behind everybody else's back all the time that gets a scathing "reason you suck" speech and gets kicked off the episode instead of everybody just forgiving them and letting them back into the investigation for no reason like she did. I'd like to see actual consequences for being an incompetent jerkass for these kinds of characters for once.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 4

Much like many other shows before (X-Files, Law & Order), they probably film in a non-descrip park somewhere near the Hollywood studio and then claim that it is in New York, New Orleans, or whatever weird place Mulder & Scully are in this week.

I'm switching back and forth between NCIS: NOLA and iZombie:

"Look, it's Steven Weber."  click

"Look, it's Steven Weber"  click

"There's Weber again"  click

"There's Weber again"  click

WHAT SHOW AM I WATCHING?????

The opening scene with the red dresses was awesome!

Glad we got another of those "Percy is a real person" episodes! The actress did a good job with Percy's storyline.

Sebastian has chemistry with Brody but Brody doesn't have chemistry with him? Does it even make sense? Whatever, Sebastian was  cool and I liked him here a lot. Brody's sister death/murder is shaping up to be a tedious season long mystery.

Didn't quite get why Brody was confiding in Loretta in particular and why she was even at her house. Maybe because Dwayne was otherwise engaged with Percy, and LaSalle was flirting with Sebastian...

I'd think they made something different with the politician, since he was involved in that Broussard business last year 9or at least with Sasha Broussard herself?).

I'd think they made something different with the politician, since he was involved in that Broussard business last year 9or at least with Sasha Broussard herself?).

My guess is they originally planned for him to be a season-long foil that would eventually be arrested. Then Steven Weber clicked with the cast, and they decided to keep him as an ongoing character. Now he'll be the somewhat shady character, the politician whose hands are never spotless but who can be occasionally useful.

BTW, did anyone else cringe when Merri said, "He must have ran"? It wasn't even correct in the closed captioning.

Like when Sebastian gets airtime. Does a fine job.

Of the franchise like this iteration best. But still not feeling Percy. She disrupts a team dynamic. Way too all about me kinda character. Much more interested in the other characters.

Edited by pcta

Just got a chance to watch this now - I wasn't too captivated by the case, but I was intrigued by what Percy's issue was. Although, by the time it got to the end of the episode, I didn't care much anymore.

I really felt for Brody, though. The entire time, I've been thinking how much of a punch in the gut it must be every time she gets those photos, and then she put a voice to those feelings in this episode. I know what it's like to lose siblings, and due to some recent life events I've been thinking about that a lot lately. This storyline is probably the one I'm most intrigued by, this season.

Having said that, the numbers hidden in the photograph that are unscrambled to an IP address kind of strained credibility, to the point where I felt that it took away from the impact of the storyline.

• Love 2

Prevailing Wind, NCIS NOLA is filmed in New Orleans.  The actors are on location several months of the year.  I read that CCH Pounder has purchased a house in New Orleans because she likes the city a lot.

I thought they probably did.  There's an ambience there that cannot be duplicated, no matter how hard Hollywood tries.  And I'm awfully fond of Ms. Pounder - she once played a character on the X-Files that was named after me. 

Like when Sebastian gets airtime. Does a fine job.

Of the franchise like this iteration best. But still not feeling Percy. She disrupts a team dynamic. Way too all about me kinda character. Much more interested in the other characters.

I feel exactly the opposite.  He's gotten better than last year, but Sebastian grates on my nerves.  Too much of the "oh look, he's a nerd and a science geek and quirky just like Abby."  He can go hang out with Jimmy the autopsy gremlin for all I care. 

Percy doesn't bother me at all.

• Love 2

I love Darryl Mitchell. I've loved him since he was the cocky kid who hung out with Thomas Pynchon on the John Laroquette Show.

What am I missing about how his character ended up in the chair?

The actor, himself, is chair-bound.  Motorcycle accident in 2001.

Yeah, I had no idea when I saw him last season. It's just that Pride asked him if he told the kid how he ended up in the chair, and he did tell the kid a story about speeding, but I got the idea it might not have been the real story?

It's a good thing Putton bonded with Stereotypical Dying Hacker Guy. I guess? I still wanted more info about Putton out of it.

Still not sure why they even used this heart on the poor boy, seeing as he had at least three months to live with his own.

Mama Brody was an asshole. The infodump about Brody's sister at the airport was clumsy, I admit, but nonetheless, the mother was acting almost annoyed Brody brought it to her attention. I'm sorry your daughter interrupted your self-important ass over that minor business of your another daughter being killed! And there was zero follow-up over the mom being a jerk to Brody over piratically everything. What was the point of it all, in the end?

Probably, like this entire episode, the point of it all was that wasn't any point to anything.

• Love 1

Man that ending was a bit depressing.  Had to listen to all that crappy music being played, and in the end, the poor hacker dude bought it anyway.  Worst waiting room ever!  :)

Couldn't they have determined that the heart was too damaged before they operated on poor hacker dude?  I suppose they felt this was still his best chance at long term survival.  That it would be too tough to get another heart in 3 months. 

And I know they would have taken it out of the other guy anyway, but shouldn't there have been some sort of moral discussion about taking the heart which was already implanted in someone else and taking it out of him and letting that guy die?  Just seemed a little rushed towards the end of the episode.

• Love 1

It's a good thing Putton bonded with Stereotypical Dying Hacker Guy. I guess? I still wanted more info about Putton out of it.

Still not sure why they even used this heart on the poor boy, seeing as he had at least three months to live with his own.

Mama Brody was an asshole. The infodump about Brody's sister at the airport was clumsy, I admit, but nonetheless, the mother was acting almost annoyed Brody brought it to her attention. I'm sorry your daughter interrupted your self-important ass over that minor business of your another daughter being killed! And there was zero follow-up over the mom being a jerk to Brody over piratically everything. What was the point of it all, in the end?

Probably, like this entire episode, the point of it all was that wasn't any point to anything.

They used the heart because there was no guarantee that another one would come along in three months' time, especially given his super-rare blood type.

Brody's mom's annoyed reaction almost made me think that she already knew all of this information and was intentionally keeping it from Brody. I was a bit taken aback by the lack of follow up at the end with her mom, though.

• Love 1

And I know they would have taken it out of the other guy anyway, but shouldn't there have been some sort of moral discussion about taking the heart which was already implanted in someone else and taking it out of him and letting that guy die?  Just seemed a little rushed towards the end of the episode.

When they burst in on the transplant surgeon she said he was brain dead. They would have shut him down anyway.

• Love 1

The other guy was already dead but there was no way that heart was viable for another attempt at transplant.  Supposedly it only had 15 minutes left when they boarded  the helicopter.  Its not like they could instantly take the kid into the operating room and take out the old heart.  They would have put him back on the list...rare blood and all.   But of course this was TVland.  The whole premise was incredulous.  Military medical and rescue personnel do not respond to your average 911 call off base even if they call the medical facility directly but of course this was TVland.

Lucas Black is what keeps me coming back to this show.    With few exceptions (CCH Pounder can do no wrong) the characters  and their relationships with each other still seem way to forced.

• Love 3

They used the heart because there was no guarantee that another one would come along in three months' time, especially given his super-rare blood type.

The heart was in bad condition, and the boy was still alive and on the machines that were helping him to survive. As I understood it, he was the Army's Golden Boy, so it's strange he had only one heart from the donor, even if his blood type is extremely rare.

The heart was in bad condition, and the boy was still alive and on the machines that were helping him to survive. As I understood it, he was the Army's Golden Boy, so it's strange he had only one heart from the donor, even if his blood type is extremely rare.

What do you mean by "it's strange he had only one heart from the donor"? It's not like the donor could give more than one heart.

And, hearts are pretty difficult to come by for anyone, but if you have a rare blood type that only 0.0004% of the population has, it's going to be even more difficult. It doesn't matter how much the military values his life - they can't really do much to try to get a heart that matches his blood type (and size and some other types of antibodies - blood type is not the only factor). The chances of another heart coming along within his estimated lifetime were judged to be less than the chance of the current heart being able to function. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I was surprised and glad that they didn't go the cliche route of magically making everything ok, though.

• Love 5

How many people did the rich guy have killed to get that heart? Wouldn't it have been a heck of a lot easier for him to find people who had that blood type and just kill one? Have the person "disappear," and there's no way to figure out the whole plan until after the surgery.

• Love 4