Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, twoods said:

Exactly. I can understand 8-9 weeks apart but not this. Maybe the Packers don't have compelling matchups later on in the season.

The Packers have some decent match-ups later on, but their schedule in general is wonky. They have another set of back-to-back night games before and after Thanksgiving, but against the Redskins and Eagles...but then they end the season with the Bears and Vikings and Lions at 1pm? Some of those must get flexed. I have to think Packers-Vikings in Week 15 could be a huge game.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:36 AM, merylinkid said:

Except he forgot to warn his kids this would be happening.   So when he called them, they didn't answer.   Also he scored when the Saints were getting blown out.   It was this stunt that caused them to crack down on ALL stunts.   

LOL! Really? I had no idea. I didn't even know he really called anyone. Plus, with all the noise going on after the touchdown, he would have had a hard time hearing his kids and vice versa.

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I know everybody thinks they are ugly, but I really like the Steelers' bumblebee uniforms. 

Then again, I also like Brutalist architecture.

Really!   I love my Steelers but those uniforms hurt my eyes.

Today was a great win for the Cowboys.I know that some people like analysts were wondering how they would fare against tougher teams during their next few games. But they played very well today and showed they can beat a team with a good defense. I am glad to see Dak and Zeke continue to do well.

Oakland also continues an impressive start to their season. I think they could definitely be a team to watch this season. I am also Minnesota continues to do well.

Teams like Houston and Miami are in trouble. Both Brock and Ryan are struggling. This could end up being a rough season for both these teams. I also think the Jets are in trouble.

Speaking of rough, no team has it rougher than the Browns. The hits literally keep coming  to them. Now Cody and Charlie are injured. If neither one of them can go next week, then there is a good chance Terrelle Pryor will be starting. Maybe they will activate the practice squad QB/sign someone to back him up.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2
On 9/20/2016 at 0:26 AM, King of Birds said:

Cleveland Browns QB is the new Spinal Tap drummer.

I wonder if they have insurance if Cody spontaneously explodes?

You really nailed it.

Starting QB Cody Kessler threw a backwards pass into the end zone for a safety right before taking a shot from Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower in the first quarter. Wide receiver and former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor briefly replaced Kessler, who was later ruled out for the game.

Pryor was quickly replaced by Charlie Whitehurst, who became the fifth quarterback to take snaps for the Browns this season after Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Kessler, and Pryor. In the fourth quarter, Whitehurst suffered a leg injury, which forced Cleveland to use Pryor again.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

In all seriousness, what is going on that the QBs are getting hurt all the time?    Other teams have porous Olines and they aren't going through QBs like they are Spinal Tap drummers.    

As I said in an earlier post, it's Cleveland, it's what they do. Root for those Indians to have a long run, because there's nothing else to root for until the Cavs start.

• Love 2

Lol....I hope Odell's performance tonight goes a long way to squashing all the extra chatter about him.  He did his job.  He made another incredible catch and he even made up with  his arch nemesis...the kicking net. LMAO.   That was a pretty funny moment.  Yeah the Giants still lost, but I expected that.  Like I said, Eli is the one who needs to get his shit together in order for us to win. Odell will be fine.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Popples said:

I didn't watch the game, but I read numerous posts from Ravens fans who complained about the way the game was called. Was the play calling really that bad?

I was upset only because Washington won (I'm a fan of another NFC East team). 

On 10/6/2016 at 11:01 PM, voiceover said:

Proof that a fan can be as dumb as a player:

I just requested a Catching Kelce thread.

Is that dumb, or is that dedication?  Eh.  Dedicatedly dumb.

Ha! You beat me to it, voiceover. 'Catching Kelce' is going to be my new guilty pleasure. Even though I've never watched Travis Kelce play on the football field, his Bachelor-type show was entertaining--enough for me to tune in again. And he's very easy on the eyes.  But seriously, I doubt he has problems dating any woman he wants. 

I wonder if Travis's teammates are giving him a hard time about doing a reality show.

On 10/7/2016 at 10:43 PM, Fukui San said:

EDIT: No, I got it.  For week 4 of the preseason waive the excessive celebration rules except for violence and lewdness. It'd be like The Purge. Let everyone get it out of their system. It's probably the only thing that would make Week 4 of the preseason watchable. 

I would so watch this game. And I'm not a fan of preseason games. 

Edited by topanga
1 hour ago, MarkHB said:

Less posing, more football.

(Comparison to Suicide Squad here for those who didn't see it).

YEA!!!!!!

He scored one touchdown and reformed a loser image!!!

The team still lost, but his fragile ego, public persona was saved on a nationally televised game. Can't we still call a loss a win?

Does he get a certificate of participation?

When I drink a pepsi, will that help me know what it's like to score a touchdown?

I'm a Pats fan, but the Browns were so pathetic that I found myself pumping my fist for them when they recovered a fumble. I don't like to see anyone completely lose their dignity. And man, sometimes they'd cut to the sidelines, and I swear Hue Jackson was sporting a thousand yard stare. Rough.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'm a Pats fan, but the Browns were so pathetic that I found myself pumping my fist for them when they recovered a fumble. I don't like to see anyone completely lose their dignity. And man, sometimes they'd cut to the sidelines, and I swear Hue Jackson was sporting a thousand yard stare. Rough.

It's getting so bad for Cleveland, I feel like I can't joke about it anymore. It's like kicking a sick dog while he's down.

• Love 3

Oh, Panthers, how you have fallen. The guys sound so frustrated and sad in the post-game interviews.

But I've seen this happen a few times: the team that loses the Super Bowl often sucks for several years after the loss. It happened to the Raiders in 2002 (3?), the Panthers with Jake Delhomme, the Arizona Cardinals after losing to the Patriots. Of course, some SB runner-ups do return to playoff contention the next year: recently I'm recalling the 49ers, the Patriots, the Broncos, and the Seahawks. And of course, the Bills back in the '90s.

But I think there is an emotional hangover after losing The Big Game. And with the Panthers losing players to free agency and injury, it makes their season even tougher.

And I feel bad for the Browns. Such loyal fans. But they keep changing quarterbacks--who keep getting hurt. And they keep changing the coaching staff--which continues to suck. I wonder what the answer is????

• Love 2
6 hours ago, topanga said:

It happened to the Raiders in 2002 (3?), the Panthers with Jake Delhomme, the Arizona Cardinals after losing to the Patriots.

The Cardinals lost to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII and made the playoffs the next season.

• Love 1

Panthers never should have let Norman go.  Good corners are hard to find and make a huge difference.  They thought they could rely on their pass rush to make up for it.  So far, they can't. 

Last nights game though was on the offense.  Cam injured made a big difference.  Derek Anderson played well but had 3 turnovers, inexcusable on two of them.  You NEVER turn your back like that when running the ball.  And a horrible decision on the INT in the end zone. 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2016 at 8:57 AM, Popples said:

The Cardinals lost to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII and made the playoffs the next season.

You're so right! My mistake. 

I wonder what Colin Kaepernick is going to do with his Afro when he starts on Sunday. Braids? Ponytail? I have no idea what he does with his hair during practice. 

On 10/13/2016 at 9:31 AM, topanga said:

I wonder what Colin Kaepernick is going to do with his Afro when he starts on Sunday. Braids? Ponytail? I have no idea what he does with his hair during practice.

Just saw on Fox's pre-game show, he's still rocking the bush. I hope he plays well.

14 minutes ago, xaxat said:

That is why you tolerate diva behavior from ODB.  Eight catches, 222 yards, 2 TDs.

Although the last personal foul is admittedly indefensible.

I had no idea simply taking your helmet off in the endzone is unsportsmanlike conduct, or taunting or whatever the hell they called on him.  I think that's so bogus but whatever apparently he knew it was a penalty so yeah at the end of the day he shouldn't have done it.  But Imma definitely give him a pass after the afternoon he had.  What a game!  

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1

I feel like Jeff Triplette had it out for the Giants all day long.

I was at Bass Pro Shops watching on my phone when ODB caught the second TD and when I saw him on the sidelines I said out loud "you have to keep your helmet on!" and got some strange looks from the guy in front of me.  I was hoping he had taken it off on the sidelines but I guess not.

It was nice of the kicking net to accept his proposal though.  I hope those crazy kids can make it.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

I, too, was unaware that taking your helmet off in the endzone was considered unsportsmanlike conduct.  Go figure.

41 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It was nice of the kicking net to accept his proposal though.  I hope those crazy kids can make it.

Yes, they were made for each other. 

This was the first time this season that I was excited for a Redskins win (still don't like Jay Gruden or Josh Norman though).  I just loved the opening play with Ryan Kerrigan almost ripping Carson Wentz's shirt and pads off.   That set the tone for the whole game and Kerrigan was on fire.   Cousins is still shaky though.  I hope we get a new QB for next season. 

On 10/9/2016 at 7:23 PM, mojoween said:

Two reasons why I hate football sometimes:

1.  Dallas Cowboys

2.  New England Patriots

I feel that it's not too early in this shitshow of a Packers game to repeat this.  

• Love 1

The helmet thing has always been a rule- whenever there are fights some idiot always takes off his helmet and gets flagged. 

Watching Prescott shred the Packers D is making me laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Same with the Steelers losing to the Dolphins. Guess Tannehill was tired of being the punching bag.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I feel like Jeff Triplette had it out for the Giants all day long.

Yes.  He was almost calling those bogus penalties with glee (taunting the crowd).  The most egregious to me was the pass interference on DRC when he had leverage and could have easily came away with an interception. 

I just watched the end of the Falcons-Seahawks game and there was a no call on Sherman CLEARLY grabbing on to Julio Jones' arm to prevent him from getting the ball.  These are critical plays and I guess I should be happy the bullshit call in the Giants game didn't cost us, but if I'm a Falcons fan I'm fuming right now.

Soooo I'm starting to get that feeling about Dak that I had about RGIII during his rookie season.  The NFC EAST looks to be his for the taking for the foreseeable future. Eli had better get it together at least this year and/or next, because it might be a wrap after that. Yikes.  

Oh....and Happy Trails ??Tony Romo.  You're not getting your job back.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 2

I wish that Sherman got called on that blatant PI call so he would shut the fuck up for a change. He calls out everyone, yet he made a bad play that should have been called and definitely cost the Falcons. Dan Quinn looked like he wanted to punch the refs. 

9 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Dear Tony Romo,

Welcome to Benchville
Population: You

Titan%20Bench-crop.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this, though. I do like Dak Prescott, and want him to do well, but that means the Cowboys benefit from that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Popples said:

Dear Tony Romo,

Welcome to Benchville
Population: You

Titan%20Bench-crop.jpg

I have mixed feelings about this, though. I do like Dak Prescott, and want him to do well, but that means the Cowboys benefit from that.

I don't hate the Cowboys anymore, they've been irrelevant for too long. Jerry Jones, on the other hand....

Just saw that tape of ODB proposing to the kicking net. I don't care what anybody says, I love this kid.

Today was another very good win for the Cowboys. Dak and Zeke continue to be impressive and handled the challenge of going against the Packers well. They both seem special. Especially Dak. 

I think that the Cowboys defense deserves some credit for how they played today. I actually think the defense has been doing some nice things the past few weeks. I am looking forward seeing the team go against the Eagles.

I'm also glad to see the Bills doing well. They have won four straight games and are now 4-2. Rex is doing a good job helping them turn things around after their first couple of losses and firing of their OC. LeSean McCoy has been doing a really good job rushing and helping them get wins.

Also, I don't like to see what is happening with Carolina. They are definitely in trouble.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2

I just saw how classless some Bills fans were towards Colin. Guy is doing something that is bigger than football and the shitheads come out and beat up a dummy with his jersey on it, and sell anti-Karl shirts. Stay classy.

• Love 4

The booing during the national anthem was more disrespectful than what he does.   At least Kaep kneels quietly.   You are supposed to stand still, with your hand over your heart and your mouth SHUT.   But it's all about some faux outrage over his kneeling.   And the sniper shirts went way over the line.   No wonder he is protesting.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FuriousStyles said:

I would love, love, LOVE to be a fly on Jerry Jones' wall right now. You just know that his advisors are having to physically staple him to his chair to stop him from getting up and marching to Jason Garrett and demanding he put Romo in because Jones just can't help himself. Any chance they've bodyswapped him for a pod person?

• Love 1

My father, a Cowboys fan, refuses to get excited about their season until he can be sure Jones won't insist on putting Romo back in. Could be a long season for Dad. 

Odell Beckham Jr., you just let me know where you and the kicking net are registered. 

Dan Quinn's rage was epic. And justified. 

Did Houston's offense plan on playing tonight? 

• Love 3