Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I'm a rarity that I love both Packers and Vikings. I'm no longer an Aaron Rodgers fan however. Still the game today was a thrill to watch. Answer for answer....and the best part is I happened to have today off from work so I could watch it in real time....Sweet!!!!

Oh yeah, I will forever cheer when CJ Ham gets mentioned on national TV as he is a hometown boy we love!

5 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I probably missed the memo, but is there a reason there's so many people wearing camo on the sidelines today?  I find it weird. 

It's the NFL's "Salute to Service". They've been doing it every November since 2011.

Edited by Popples
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I probably missed the memo, but is there a reason there's so many people wearing camo on the sidelines today?  I find it weird. 

They did that last weekend since Veteran's Day was on the 11th.  Maybe they're going to finish out the month honoring them that way.  It's a nice gesture.

Do any of you remember when (many years ago) the guys on the Fox NFL pre-game show were wearing pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, but instead of saying that, one of the guys (I can't remember his name, but he's not on the show anymore.  He's with another network), proudly announced that they were wearing a pink ribbon for Breast Awareness month, rather than Breast CANCER Awareness month.  Howie and Terry nearly fell off of their chairs.  Ever since then I cringe when any of the guys have to read the teleprompter and talk about Breast Cancer Awareness.   I think it was a good idea to recognize all of the cancers in the month of October and pay tribute with the colorful caps and apparel they wore.  

• LOL 6

It's.getting to that time of the season when you start looking at standings for playoffs and wildcards. So speaking of Wildcard spots, if the season ended today LA Rams would get the first Wildcard spot in the NFC. But the Vikings, 49ers, and Saints are all tied 5-5 for the second and third spots. Which two of the three teams would get the spots? Vikings have not played the other two, although we do play SF later.

Edited by Lamb18

I don't care about the Chargers, and before Big Ben I rooted for the Steelers and after the rapist is gone I will root for them again, but for tonight I sure enjoyed those final minutes, putting Ben on his ass.

• Love 2

Big Ben is pretty much done.  Whatever he was on the field, as in the great parts, ain't coming back.  That being said, he did pretty well on SNF for someone coming off of Covid and not practicing at all.

I guess it's still possible that Roethlisberger returns in 2022, and I say this because it's become obvious & official that the Steelers are dead if things come down to Mason Ruldolph & Dwayne Haskins.  

Pittsburgh's loss was rather painful, but the fact is that they were destined to lose anyway.  Had Mason or Haskins played, Los Angeles wins going away.  OTOH, we'll never know what would've happened if Watt, Haden, and/or Minka were available.  To be fair, their lack of availability is not the Chargers problem.  After all, everyone has had to deal with injuries and the lack of one's availability.

Despite who he is, I have to admit that it wasn't great to see Ben crushed big time at the end.  Though I'm glad that Bosa was the one to do it.  The guy is a football player through & through; ready for the pros well before it was his time.  Anytime he makes a move, there's at least an ounce of positivity in the world

• Love 1
19 hours ago, mojoween said:

I should hate the WTF but I just don’t.  Don’t hate the Iggles either.  All my hatred, loathing and disdain in the NFC East is used up by one team and one team only.

Oh, I have equal amounts of dislike to spread between Football Team and the Cowboys. Neither one of them can lose enough to make me happy. I just accept that the Giants will suffer terrible, unexplained losses to the Eagles. Plus, as I've said many times, nobody showers more hate on the Eagles more than the Eagles fans themselves, so they've got me covered. Sure, the Cowboys and Football Team haven't won any championships in the last 25 years, but I still don't like them. 

I hate Washington, but not with the usual intensity of a division rival; now that they no longer have a slur as a team name, I'm just not particularly fired up against them.  The Eagles I properly hate as a division rival, and the Cowboys I loathe, regardless of division, with the heat of a nova as the laws of nature command.

• Love 4

My loathing for Saint Tommy Fucking Brady is greater than the energy of the sun.  This game broadcast is physically hurting me.

Also if the Giants could play a lick of defense we’d be a lot better off got damn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

The Brady tongue bath before the game was tiresome.

We're Bucs fans and we're tired of the constant attention on Brady too!  I'm really disliking all of the animated stuff of him.  It's kind of creepy!  Argh, one of our best players left the game injured.  This doesn't bode well for the Bucs.  

47 minutes ago, ChitChat said:
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

The Brady tongue bath before the game was tiresome.

We're Bucs fans and we're tired of the constant attention on Brady too!  I'm really disliking all of the animated stuff of him.  It's kind of creepy!  Argh, one of our best players left the game injured.  This doesn't bode well for the Bucs. 

So much for Mac Jones getting his first title on the first try to give New England the outright SB record over the guy that started the winning culture of the Patriots!

The thing is, I'm not sure Brady really cares for all that stuff. From what I've heard he's really a team guy and knows how to get the guys to play for him. Sacrilege I know, but I think Kirk Cousins is as technically skilled.as Brady but he doesn't have the charisma and doesn't get the guys as invested in playing well for him. The guys want to play well but it's for other reasons.

The Mayfield commercial is better than the Truly commercial.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

From what I've heard he's really a team guy and knows how to get the guys to play for him.

I've watched some interviews and read articles about Tom and he really does seem to be all about the team.  He studies every team they're going to play and will give helpful tips to his players about every single player on the opposing team.  He knows what every one of them can/will do in a game.   

I think Mike Evans summed it up best when he said that before Tom came to the Bucs, the team went into games hoping they'd win.   Tom  instilled in them the idea that they can win.  I'll be the first to admit that I always had a sour grapes attitude towards Tom & the Patriots because they always won, but now that I've seen him with the Bucs and what he's done for the team, well, that made me change my mind.  Anybody that could turn that ship around is alright by me!!  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The ESPN graphics were creepy.   but the really scary thing is not only did someone come up with the idea for each one, someone APPROVED them to air. 

Between that and the conversations with the players delving into how they're feeling about certain things, enough!!  Just play the damn game!  It's not that I don't care about people and how they feel, but it's football!  I want to watch it Madden style:  blood, guts and eyeballs (or something like that!)  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Matthew Judon deserves the dragging he's getting for his horrible take on mac and cheese.

Dude was projecting like hell in that statement. "Everybody is probably a little lactose intolerant so it messes up our stomachs." Nah, man YOU are probably lactose intolerant and you hate that many people enjoy it so you shit on it.

He's now my third least favorite NFL player ever due to that nonsense.

• Love 1

On a much more serious topic, Vikings DE Everson Griffen has barricaded himself in his house with a gun and did a video where he claimed that people were trying to kill him and that Dalvin Cook helped him purchase the gun.

Edited by Popples
Added second tweet

Poor Everson, he had episodes 3 years ago and he ended up in hospital for care. Mental illness is no joke. He's a good guy and it's sad to see him get like this. He probably should not have a gun anymore. What if he thought the people outside were trying to break in and so he fires at them? I'm glad no one was hurt.

This was all going down about 2 - 3 miles from where I live.

• Love 8

It got very scary for a moment that the Lions might actually win today. Thankfully, they found a way to lose at the end today. Taking back to back timeouts at the end of the game on defense. Thank you very much Lions. 

Gee, I wonder who the Lions next loss is going to be next week. 

As for the Bears, they don't get any flowers today for what they're supposed to do. They nearly messed it up today.

23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Dang.  I always root for the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, me too.  

21 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

It's not enough for the Lions to lose, they have to get excruciatingly close to a win before a last second field goal knocks them out.

I just hope those poor Lions fans enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner.   

• Love 2

Would someone let Tony the Twit know he doesn't work for the CowBungSlurp network?  I don't want to hear one more comment about what the Dall-ass fans do or don't like.  Or bitching about the calls against Dall-ass.  Absolutely morose when they're down and jubilant when they're up.  Pretend you're a professional, dude.

Man, does it feel weird to be rooting for the Raiders.  And on that subject, Jim, I also don't want to hear any more of how the Raiders are suffering because of the Ruggs case.  I can think of at least one family that's suffering a whole helluva lot more over that than the Raiders are.

• Love 13