Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

How the hell was that not a personal foul?  Sherman is offside by a mile, and dives into the kicker's plant leg?  And it's just a 5 yard offsides?  Hey officials, a player can commit more than one foul on any given play.  Jumping offside does not give you free reign to do whatever the fuck you want as the play progresses. 

Sherman is lucky he didn't blow the guy's knee out.  Pete Carroll - what a douche.  Of course it wasn't a dirty play, he just mistimed it.  What a load of bull. 

• Love 1

After the Fail Mary, the Seahawks lost the right to complain about the Super Bowl against the Steelers.   After tonight, they lost the right to ever complain about the officiating ever.   Really Sherman, you don't trust the NFL?    Not getting called with a personal foul there was a fucking gift.   I don't even like Rex Ryan and I was defending him losing it against the Refs for the non-call.

• Love 1

The hell, Seattle?  I'm supposed to continue my Philadelphia rally high by capping off my night with a victory, and I tune in to find you trying to give the game away.  Thankfully, it worked out (bless that third and goal sack), but fourth and goal had me thinking my evening was about to be ruined.

Whew.  The Giants pull off a great victory, the Raiders (a team I grew up watching at the L.A. Coliseum) are finally worth rooting for again, and Seattle caps off my night.  It was a good NFL week for me.

• Love 1

I don't know why Sherman doesn't trust the NFL. He holds more than anyone else out there and barely gets a call. At least the Bills made it a game- was keeping track of the score online and knew they wouldn't get it in at the end. Taylor isn't that experienced and knew he wouldn't get it in.

12 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

Complete with douchy Richard Sherman doing something shady.

That was more than shady. It was flat out dirty. He didn't even pretend to be going for the ball.

• Love 1

I think that the best part of tonight's telecast was finding out that Justin Tucker was an opera singer, lol. That is a cool talent to have.

I am glad I didn't pick the Browns in the football pool. I thought about doing it for a moment but ultimately decided against it. I have sympathy for Hue Jackson. He looks sad at the end of all of these losses. The team is young and I hope they will eventually improve.

Edited by Jx223

Justin Tucker has an amazing voice!

Cleveland is bad, but they also get no calls. At one point they had three straight plays with either bad calls against Cleveland or bad no calls against the Ravens. I started wondering if Chris and Al were even watching the game.  If it had been any other team, they would have been hamnwring the officiating. For those plays, they were too busy chatting it up to even notice what happened on the field.

Gotta love Chris reminiscing about how tough it was when his college team went 0-10-1 because everyone's a comedian right after he made a joke about Collins finally being able to plan a vacation for the end of the regular season.  Shut up, Chris!

They did the obligatory "Hey, the Browns have one good player" by pointing out Joe Thomas as the best LT in the game, a future Hall of Famer.  I wish just once he could have a winning season.  A great player, a really good guy - he deserves better than an entire career with the Browns. 

• Love 3

There is such a thing as vomiting in relief; not saying I did it, but I could have.

17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter.  My Chiefs bossed up late today, and beat the Panthers in Carolina, 20-17.

Excuse me while I retire to my fainting couch.

• Love 2

Not to mention my fantasy team!

The problem with Seattle playing New England is the eleventy seven times I've had to see that damn interception from the Super Bowl replayed today.

Speaking of vomiting, I hate Pittsburgh's defense so much right now I cannot even tell you.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

That Steelers/Cowboys game was great. I thought that ending was exciting. After Big Ben and Antonio scored the touchdown after the fake spike, I thought they had won. But the Cowboys were able to make a comeback with Ezekiel Elliot's 2nd TD. Him and Dak continue to be great and lead that team to victories.

I was glad to see Dez get a TD as well. His dad has just passed away and I think this game was a very emotional one for him.

OverallI I think that this has been an entertaining week of football so far.The ending to the Broncos/Saints game was entertaining. The Packers and Vikings continue to struggle and are in some trouble (especially the Vikings.) The Panthers are in a lot of trouble. The Chiefs are continuing to do well but are flying under the radar. And I was happy to see some of the other young QB's(Carson, Marcus and Jamesis) win their games/play well today. Good Stuff.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Popples said:

Not that I'm upset about it, but the Packers are broken.

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

WTH happened to them?  I'm not a fan but they keep screwing up my weekly picks. 

Here's what is wrong with the Packers - injuries, injuries, injuries.  Their top 3 secondary players are all out.  Clay Matthews hasn't played in the past 3 games.  In today's game, they lost one of their starting LBs in the 1st quarter.  On offense, OG Lang has been hobbled by injuries all year & had to leave today's game (and their LT exited today's game with a knee injury), the TE they thought would make a difference has missed most of the season with an ankle injury, Jordy Nelson is not what he was before he blew out his knee, Eddie Lacy is out, they are using WRs as RBs, and .... need I go on?   Of course they compounded all that with some really stupid penalties today.  Add that all up and it equals a losing record.  

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

That come back at the end was A-MAZ-ING.   Please please reassure me that Jerry Jones is not so crazy as to mess with 8 wins in a row?

Even Jerry Jones is not that crazy. Everything I've been reading says that Romo will be the backup when he comes back (I think next week).

After the last few weeks, I just don't see how you give the team back to Romo unless Dak suddenly becomes, like, Ryan Fitzpatrick levels of bad in every single game from now until the end of the season. 

• Love 1

This Sunday night matchup is killing me.  Usually I like to have a team to root for... but both are just so unlikable to me.  I guess I'll root for the Seahawks  (even though I picked NE in the pool) just because my hatred for the Patriots, Tom Brady and Bilicheck specifically has gone on for over a decade.  My hatred for the Hawks is still in its infancy.

• Love 5

What a terrible play call on 4th down. What the hell was McDaniels smoking to dial that one up?

The Pats D is still really worrying me, particularly the secondary. Any halfway decent QB looks at them right now and licks his chops. It's a little baffling that they've regressed so far.

That all said, Pats-Seahawks are always some really great games. I wish we played them more often. So entertaining, and such a good measuring stick.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

This Sunday night matchup is killing me. Usually I like to have a team to root for... but both are just so unlikable to me.  I guess I'll root for the Seahawks  (even though I picked NE in the pool) just because my hatred for the Patriots, Tom Brady and Bilicheck specifically has gone on for over a decade.  My hatred for the Hawks is still in its infancy.

It's killing me, too! But for different reasons. I'm an East Coast viewer, and the Sunday Night games (and MNF) end way too late for this working girl. I almost always fall asleep during the 4th quarter--or earlier, and that's usually when something exciting happens. 

The Seahawks and Patriots both have weaknesses in their games, but color me surprised that the Seahawks were able to pull off the win. Good for them. Of course, I learned about it the next morning...

• Love 1
On 11/11/2016 at 6:52 PM, Calvada said:

They did the obligatory "Hey, the Browns have one good player" by pointing out Joe Thomas as the best LT in the game, a future Hall of Famer.  I wish just once he could have a winning season.  A great player, a really good guy - he deserves better than an entire career with the Browns. 

He should be enshrined in every hall of fame that exists imo.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2016 at 8:44 PM, stealinghome said:

The Pats D is still really worrying me, particularly the secondary. Any halfway decent QB looks at them right now and licks his chops. It's a little baffling that they've regressed so far.

Part of me loves Logan Ryan because he rescues dogs, but the other part wishes he'd been the one traded to the Browns instead of Collins. He got beat on every single freaking play last Sunday. There's no way we're winning the Super Bowl with this garbage defense. And don't even get me started on some of McDaniel's play calling. Like Tom Terrific was really going to bust through Seattle's defense with the qb sneak. 

Last night's game was pathetic. I only watched the first half, but it seems that both teams kept trying not to score. Turnovers, stupid penalties, dropped passes... the first 2 quarters had it all. The Panthers had 8 downs in the Red Zone, and they had to kick a field goal. They started that 8-down drive on the 1 yard line. One yard from making a touchdown, that is. 

I've accepted that players don't give 100% on Thursday nights, and I understand. They're still tired and injured from Sunday's games. I don't expect the Super Bowl. But both of these teams were coming off heart-breaking losses in their last game. You'd think they'd play like they wanted to win. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1

I hope the Giants get their shit together because right now they are looking like the play toy of the NFC North.

Edit - phew!  The D came to play in the second half and the offense did just enough.  

Troy Aikman bitching about the call against Minnesota for driving the QB into the ground made me want to hit him.  It's a RULE Troy, and has been for years.  Don't blame the officials for doing their job for once.

Edited by mojoween
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I know it's been 11 weeks so I should be used to it by now, but I'm not.

The new SNF song they foisted on Carrie is so incredibly stupid.  It's not even catchy and feels like it goes on forever.

I'm normally a huge fan of Carrie, but yeah, that intro is painful. I know they tried to rework the song she had with Miranda Lambert, but the lyrics are horrible and don't fit with the music. 

• Love 2

That was a good win for Washington. They took advantage of a Green Bay team that continues to be plagued by injuries. I am looking forward to their matchup against Dallas on Thanksgiving. I think that is going to be a good game. Dallas also played well today against a good Ravens defense. I am glad to see Dak hang in there again and perform well after having a shaky start in today's game. I was also to see Dez get two touchdowns in today's game.

I thought some other interesting things happened today. Colts/Vikings got needed wins. Bengals and especially the Cardinals are kind of flying under the radar with losing records. Dolphins now have a winning record and have quietly won five games in a row. Also, the Seahawks played well again today. I liked seeing Russell Wilson catch his first TD. And lots of missed extra points by kickers. I think that the weather may have played a role in some of these misses.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I was shocked that Miami won its 5th in a row. They really are flying under the radar. Tannehill seems to be playing well after getting called out earlier this season.   Poor Rams- what a tough loss. Guess the offense is anemic no matter who plays QB. 

• Love 1

How loathesome for the rest of the country would a Cowboys Patriots SB be?  both teams look very good right now, though hard to judge by playing San Fran. 

Green Bay is awful right now. 

Colts at least stay in the division race.  Need the raiders to win tonight as well vs. Houston.  Had to have this one or the season was basically over.  I don't like their chances on Thursday vs. Pitt, but Roethlisberger has been awful the last few weeks and Thursday games are weird.  This one is Thanksgiving, the original Thursday games, but still same problems. 

10 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

How loathesome for the rest of the country would a Cowboys Patriots SB be?  both teams look very good right now, though hard to judge by playing San Fran. 

The Patriots easily could have lost that game. If the 49ers had been able to take advantage of the Patriots stalled offense and do something. Anything. But, alas, we're talking about the 49ers here. 

I'm rooting for the Browns to win at least one game. How bad must the players feel? Sure most of them are millionaires, but these are guys who grew up winning football games. It's why they're good enough for the NFL. This season has gotta suck for them. 

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I hate the Patriots, so no, I wouldn't like to see a Cowboys-Patriots SB. The Seahawks are looking good, so I think I'm going to have to start rooting against them now. 

18 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

How loathesome for the rest of the country would a Cowboys Patriots SB be? 

The worst.  The absolute WORST.  Like, burn my TV and never watch football again horrible.  There is no one to root for in that scenario.

All those feel good stories?  Would mean NOTHING to me.  Jason Witten?  I'm sick of him.  Dak? Whatever rook, try playing somewhere like Cleveland with an average o-line.  Zeke? I haven't forgotten your domestic abuse case.  I have less than zero interest in Romo getting anywhere near a ring.

And the Pats?  Fuck. Them.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The worst.  The absolute WORST.  Like, burn my TV and never watch football again horrible.  There is no one to root for in that scenario.

All those feel good stories?  Would mean NOTHING to me.  Jason Witten?  I'm sick of him.  Dak? Whatever rook, try playing somewhere like Cleveland with an average o-line.  Zeke? I haven't forgotten your domestic abuse case.  I have less then zero interest in Romo getting anywhere near a ring.

And the Pats?  Fuck. Them.

You're my spirit animal. I hate I can't give you more than one like.

• Love 4

I actually think lot of people (particularly more casual fans) wouldn't mind a Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl. Two really good teams going up against each would interest a lot of people. The media would definitely love that, lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Cowboys/Raiders Super Bowl. I don't know if that would happen but I really like both teams. Both teams have a lot of young talented players and I think that would be a fun match up.

Also, Andrew Luck is in concussion protocol and might not play Thursday's game.And it's being reported that Jay Cutler has a shoulder injury and might end up being out for the rest of the year. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1