Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Not a SINGLE person in this band of idiots can see the hypocrisy?   We are supposed to feel so sad for poor Martyr Meri, yet at the same time she is sad about the end of her marriage, she says it makes her laugh as she doesn't believe in "the laws of this land"?  If you don't believe in it, why the FUCK are you doing it?  And if your marriage is "spiritual" and God recognizes it forever, I'm confused as to why you are sad that the law of our country no longer recognizes it.  The law either matters or it doesn't... You cannot have it both ways, dumbass.

Edited because my grammar is better than theirs.. usually.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 13

Kendra is a Robyn Brown fan/vigilante who nastily attacks anyone on Facebook who says negative things about Robyn.  Her recent firestorm happened when she responded back to someone something along the lines of hoping their child gets cancer.

Of course, fake accounts are set up all the time . . . so there's no telling who "she" really is.

• Love 3

Kendra is actually a friend of Robyn's in real life. Robyn posted a picture of them together on her so-called "like page" on May 31. And I believe Kendra appeared on the show once when the wives were shopping for dresses. Kendra really goes overboard with the nutso protective behavior and Robyn has tried to distance herself from it somewhat.

• Love 2

She's 18 and he's 28? I wish them well but I can't say I'm enthusiastic.

Okay - guess I rushed thru the article as I missed the age difference portion.  I was thrilled that she is breaking away and not doing plural marriage.  She does seem very strong willed and pretty sharp, I will just pray for the best. 

I am still married to the man I moved in with at 18 - it's been over 25 years now, so it can be done.   Neither of us came from homes that we wanted to emulate - so I have a different perspective from a lot of people. 

• Love 2

Okay - guess I rushed thru the article as I missed the age difference portion. I was thrilled that she is breaking away and not doing plural marriage. She does seem very strong willed and pretty sharp, I will just pray for the best.

I am still married to the man I moved in with at 18 - it's been over 25 years now, so it can be done. Neither of us came from homes that we wanted to emulate - so I have a different perspective from a lot of people.

It certainly can be done, and I'm glad it worked for you! Maddie seems smart and confident so maybe they'll beat the odds, too. I just hope this doesn't keep her from doing what she wants in life.

• Love 5

I'm not surprised at all that she is not doing polygamy, she has been very vocal that she had no intention of even considering it. I'm a little concerned about the age difference because she is probably my favorite of all of them, so I hope it really works out for her.

I just realized it's pretty coincidental that the story came out the same day as the premier.

She's probably been engaged for a while and someone advised the Browns to hold off the news until the premiere allowing for maximum exposure. I say someone advised them because I don't know that this bunch is shrewd enough for that.

• Love 4

I just hope the new fiance isn't planning on hitching a new boxcar on the Brown Gravy Train.  The age difference does seem a bit extreme, especially since she had little exposure to to non-believers for must of her life.  Hopefully he's not her first relationship.

• Love 2

Okay, fellow snarkers, try not to choke on your Funyuns. This quote from Robyn to Meri, who will purportedly say for the camera that Kody and Robyn's quickie marriage is "weird" and that she might not want to even know when they "do it," via People:

"But I want you there," Robyn responds. "This act isn't an act of separation, it's an act of unity. I was thinking it would be cool to have the kids there. This is about them. This isn't about Kody and I."

Yep. It looks like the primary BIG DRAMA thread this season will be about the Kody/Robyn marriage. So they blurt out all sorts of shit in real time on social media about how HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY they all are, but they purposely bloat the negative drama on their show in order to rope in viewers.

Lying liars who lie.

PS: I hate seeing Maddie get married at 18. I honestly wish her every happiness, and I hope this is a good guy. Mostly I hope she finishes her college education, no matter what.

ETA PPS: Kody and ME, Robyn. Kody and ME.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 7

I wasn't sure if this should be in the episode thread or here... It landed here because it involves more speculation than show content, but mods, I will gladly delete and repost if you so desire.

Sooo... We're sticking to the divorce is only on paper story? We are not spiritually divorced? Sooo... I guess we aren't acknowledging The whole catfish situation meri?

From Maddie's Twitter

Madison ‏@MaddieR_Brown  4h4 hours ago
There have been a lot of questions on me finishing school. YES. I will go all the way through till I finish with my Law degree.

It sounds like she moved to a different state. Anyone know where? So I do not imagine this guy is in it for the TLC money. Even if Maddie decides college isn't for her, she does not seem like the type to sit on her butt and do nothing. Then again who knows. I hope for the best for her sake.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

From the politicsrusprinciple blog on tumblr: 

"I can add another twisted branch to the Kody Brown family tree here and here:

Maddie, a daughter of Kody Brown and his stepsister/wife/sister-in-law Janelle, is marrying the brother of her aunt Erica.

While PEOPLE did a special on them, the fact that they’re family wasn’t mentioned.

Maddie is engaged to marry Caleb Brush. Caleb is the brother of Maddie’s paternal aunt Erica Brush. Erica Brush’s husband Curtis Taylor Brown is a full brother of Kody Brown. He died two years ago in a motorcycle accident. From Curtis’ obituary:

Curtis is survived by his wife, Erica; his children, Carter, McCayde [wtf1] and Kinlynn [wtf2]; his parents; and his siblings, Cindy, Scott, Lorilyn, Kody, Christy, Tricia, Travis, Nicole and Michael.

He is also survived by Erica’s family, [her parents] Mike and Diana Brush, [her three biological brothers] Levi, Seth ([seth’s wife] Tiffany Gascoigne) and Caleb and an adopted brother, Joe Bertagnole."

• Love 1

I believe St. George is a polyg community where some of Robyn's family lives.

It's more Mormon than plig. There are down-low pligs in a lot of Utah towns The hardcore plig communities are a little further southeast. They shop and work in StG or else they run there first when they escape from their communities.

• Love 1

Cousins, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents...Sigh...At some point they're going to be churning out 3 headed kids.

Even 3-headed grandchildren are destined to spend eternity in Kody's celestial planet too, right?
  • Love 3
Even 3-headed grandchildren are destined to spend eternity in Kody's celestial planet too, right?

I believe so, CofCinci, but I'm wondering if Kody would get credit for 3 grandkids, or will it be just 1 grandchild?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If the kids leave and get married do they get their own planets? They do or do not live with their parents in eternity? I'm not sure how this works. Actually, since I am a Christian, I do know how it works: Jesus explained it: "no marriages in Heaven." So Mormons don't go to Heaven, they go to planets.

So do these Mormon planets have large basements where their children can live and play video games?

The Browns have pretty much shut down any discussion of their lifestyle by claiming it's their religion, which is just code for "everybody else needs to respect it."

Too bad, I don't respect it.

• Love 4

Let's keep this thread to reports on Social Media and Season 6 speculation - notes on the specific family members can go into their threads :)  Discussion of their beliefs can go in a thread on the subject, if the forum-goers would like that. We do something similar in the 19Kids forum.

• Love 1

This regarding Maddie's fiance...  More lies from the Browns??  From the Principle blog (full conversation can be found on FB).  I realize that Maddie's fiance is bound to know polygamists, but why hang out with this guy?  

tumblr_nuv9b5woJ71s6lktro1_500.png

Cousins, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents...Sigh...At some point they're going to be churning out 3 headed kids.

There is an entertainer in New Jersey who goes by the name of Uncle Floyd (Floyd Vivino).  He does a great song called, "I'm My Own Grandpa", wherein  he explains that through a complicated number of marriages, etc., he ends up  being his own grandfather.   I foresee this in the future for the Brown family. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4