Type keyword(s) to search

Luke Cage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked it well enough. It held my attention and enjoyed the new villain. In fact, I did not think it was bad at all.

A possible UO is that Alfre Woodard 's acting style reminds me of a drunk person.

I will admit, I thought Luke's father was dead.

• Love 4

The grandma next door to Cockroach was cracking me up in her interaction with Luke.      LOL.... I can picture her saying to herself... "if only I were 40 years younger..."    

I hope nothing happens with Mariah's daughter but I have a feeling that might be too much to ask.

So sad continuing to see Reg E Cathey knowing he's no longer living.

• Love 3

I adore Simone Missick as Misty Knight- she is the MVP of this show, especially now that Rosario Dawson has apparently exited as Claire- but come on. Misty was supposed to be 5 when Tyson lost? Even if we are to assume MK is supposed to be younger than SM is in real life, that would make MK 27 in the show? I don't think so. 

I'm going to assume that Misty was pulling the other cop's leg. That, or else the writers didn't really know what they were talking about with that Tyson line. 

• Love 1

I found this episode to be kind of dull.  I hope it's not a sign of things to come but I don't have a great desire to watch another Marvel Netflix show made up with 13, one-hour episodes with 7-8 episodes of actual story.

Luke, don't go bragging about being bulletproof.  Someone always invents a stronger weapon.

On the subject of that, will the bad guys stop trying to shoot Luke?

It was very nice to see Reg E. Cathay again and it looks like his final role will be a good one.

The soundtrack was good.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I adore Simone Missick as Misty Knight- she is the MVP of this show, especially now that Rosario Dawson has apparently exited as Claire- but come on. Misty was supposed to be 5 when Tyson lost? Even if we are to assume MK is supposed to be younger than SM is in real life, that would make MK 27 in the show? I don't think so. 

I'm going to assume that Misty was pulling the other cop's leg. That, or else the writers didn't really know what they were talking about with that Tyson line. 

Tyson lost in '90, 28 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.

• Love 1

From Misty to Mariah to Tilda to Bushmaster...I found myself scratching my head at how old the characters were supposed to be. Some of it just did not make sense when placed in reference to things they said and/or flashbacks. So, in the 80s Mariah was a teenager? Bushmaster and Mariah are near the same age? I could go on, but I really did like this season better than the first and it was not bad.

• Love 4
On 10/1/2016 at 12:21 PM, calliope1975 said:

The music is so great. I had to look up the guy who opened the show (Jidenna) because I am not hip with the current music. 

Loved seeing "Kima" as the police captain. Also nice to see that Justin Hammer is continuing to provide terrible weapons in the MCU. 

Late to the party here - starting binging season 1 this weekend.  I have a 17yo son who is into the current rap music, I admit I like a few songs myself.  This 54 yo white woman just loves this song, I immediately downloaded it after figuring out who it was.  The music is in the series is spectacular.  

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Tyson lost in '90, 28 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.

D'OH! Buster Douglas. I was thinking of the Holyfield fight. You're right- I was having a brainfart. 

IGNORE ME!!

latest?cb=20150318191116&format=original

• Love 1
19 hours ago, rachel is awesome said:

Claire is great at stepping in where it's not her place. It's really none of her business whether or not Luke forgives his father and her pressing it so much was so uncalled for. I love Rosario Dawson but Claire is too much with this. 

I love Misty and Colleen together. 

Seriously, she needs to read the room a bit better. Pushing and pushing Luke is not an effective way of convincing him to reach out to his father; she had absolutely no patience.

• Love 3

Should have known that Misty's former squad mate was going to end up turning on them.  Especially she has been much nicer to her lately.

Whelp, a whole bunch of family issues came out to mixed results.  On one hand, Luke seems to have made steps towards making amends with his father (and, again, Reg E. Cathey is just so damn good here.)  On the other hand, Mariah finally confesses that Tilda is actually a product of rape from her Uncle Pete, and Mariah is incapable of ever loving her because of it.  Ouch!

Of course Bushmaster wasn't going to be captured for very long.

• Love 1

So, Luke's going to learn he isn't bulletproof, isn't he? And when will the regular goons learn you can't shoot Luke?

A lot of pieces introduced, can't wait to see how everything pieces together.

Mariah and Shades, those two crazy kids... missed them.

The music, Joi, in love...

Oh, Danny Rand!  I remember when I kind of disliked you on your show, but now you've somehow become the goofy, but surprisingly likable doofus of the franchise!  Enjoyed seeing the Luke/Danny pair again.  It really feels like Mike Colter and Finn Jones enjoy working with one another.

So, after all her talk about going legit and whatnot, Mariah doesn't just go full-gangster, but she's already at a level where even Cornell would have been like "Whoa, take it down a notch, cousin!"

Surprised they already took down Nandi.  Figured she was being setup as a recurring antagonist.  But it was mainly a lead up to Misty being offered the captain's spot.  Hmm...

We got our Turk appearance in! 

• Love 3

I found LC S1 to be a bit of a slog fest after the first few episodes. This show dropped a few days ago and I am only 3 episodes in, so I guess this is following the same pattern of S1 being hard to binge. They are wasting screen time so far every episode with showing music acts where I have to watch the performance interspersed in between dialogue and non action scenes. I get this is Harlem, I get this is Luke Cage, I even get the unique music they are choosing, but having to watch a music set on stage every damn episode is getting repetitive and slowing down the story.

Shades is the worst Netflix Marvel character ever, and the actor is no better. I'm going to beat you to a pulp because you called my cougar girlfriend my auntie. I'm going to wear my "shades" at night in a club because I am cool. I'm going to stare menacingly at your daughter because she is taking my place at your side. UGGH.

The only thing I have so far appreciated about LC S2 is the constant references to The Defenders and what happened on there. It helps that one of your main characters was adversely effected by those events, but I don't think JJ S2 mentioned any of that stuff once, it was all still just Kilgrave this and Kilgrave that. The mentions of Matt and his sacrifice, Danny, Jessica, and Midland Circle really brings the shared universe and history of these shows together better.

• Love 2

Whelp, Mariah's now large and in charge now, but she seems to be losing allies left and right, with both Shades and Tilda no longer wanting anything to do with her.  Hell, Shades is even offering to help Misty take her down, but I suspect he has his own angle here.

Aww, Luke and the Bushmaster reunite and managed not to beat the shit out of one another.  Oh, you two!

• Love 2

Just because you're a woke superhero, doesn't mean you have to be a broke superhero. Ask T'Challa.

"Tupac wrote a book?" OMG, there are probably many for whom Tupac is their only point of reference for The Prince.

So of course I'm loving the second season soundtrack so far, in particular this singer Joi. ? I'd never heard of her before but I guess she's been in the business for a good while. I also liked that whole Patti-LaBelle-circa-the-Labelle-years look she was sporting.

Uh oh, Luke. There's a new bulletproof BAMF in town.

played by Big Mike from The Deuce!

Wow, I didn't make the connection. Great get for this show.

Can't. Stand. Theo Rossi.

Heh, he does seem to throw off this "I know I'm prettier than you" vibe, doesn't he?

• Love 1

I basically fast forward thru the musical acts since they really don't interest me in the least, not my cup of tea. I was kind of curious how they were going to write Claire out this time around. Now we know. Each time they've shown Luke and his little vlogger buddy and their vids I shake my head thinking "you don't show everyone what exactly you can do, bad idea!" I guess that will come back on him eventually. Love Collen and Misy's team up in the bar. Great action. This team up needs to happen.

(edited)

The start of the season was awfully slow, it sped up in the second half, but the end just baffled me. Luke says he wants the club to be burnt down, the next scene he is the King of the club and has no interest seeing Claire - the woman he supposedly loves? Baffling.

I must say, whilst Bushmaster made a compelling villain (Mariah definitely takes the crown though) the Jamaican dialogue made it quite difficult to understand him and his friends/family. I understand the show probably wants to represent real-life as much as possible, but on a TV show you need to know what people are saying.

I will miss Mariah, although it looks like Tilda and this Italian mob boss could be interesting. I definitely have my eye on Tilda.

Also, if this forum could be an indicator for the amount of viewers that have seen this season (compared to other shows on this forum), I can't see it getting a third season.

Edited by Quark
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, Danny Rand!  I remember when I kind of disliked you on your show, but now you've somehow become the goofy, but surprisingly likable doofus of the franchise!

I don't if the writers or Finn Jones read some Heroes for Hire, but this was a much improved Danny Rand. And 'Patty Cake' was awesome.

Mariah is no joke. Man, and we though Bushmaster was brutal. 

• Love 3

Detective Tyler to Misty: "O'Reilly moved to New Orleans... Until One Police Plaza sends somebody else, you're the highest ranking Detective here." 

Easter Egg for Freeforms Cloak and Dagger series? Sounds like it to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

So the smart detective from Cloak and Dagger was originally from Harlem. Interesting. I like that little connection.

Also they really need to shorten the episode order if they are wasting time with us watching an entire set or 2 of the musical acts. I'm not watching this show for the music. I don't mind when the scene is set in Harlems paradise. But when it's not, its kind of annoying to have it keep cutting into other scenes. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, Meedis said:

The grandma next door to Cockroach was cracking me up in her interaction with Luke.      LOL.... I can picture her saying to herself... "if only I were 40 years younger..."    

The best part of the episode for me.  

"Kick his ass" followed by a smile and, "Have a blessed day."

She was gold. 

And Bushmaster, and his medicinal practices looks interesting... he doesn't look like a Diamondback... yet, which is a good thing. Diamondback killed the last chunk of Season One for me.

I'm still in love with the soundtrack.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 4

That was brutal and cold, Mariah. 

I still feel like Tilda's character is not very developed and am really not sure how they'll get her to the level of her comic counterpart (or even if that's the plan), but at least I know Gabrielle Dennis can act when given something to work with. If they'll just give her some good dialogue and a role other than naive ingenue, that would be great.

• Love 2
(edited)

Just based on the opener, I'm not sure what to think of Danny. The writing for him seems off compared to his own series, and even Finn Jones' performance seems different from how he's played him in both Iron Fist and the Defenders. 

EDIT: Finished the episode. They did reference that he'd changed somewhat, but more importantly, they toned down his over the top peppiness from the opener into a more recognizable performance.

I really enjoyed that episode in the end. I think both Jones and Colter need to work together to develop a more natural rhythm, but you can see the beginnings of what could be a really good pairing down the road. Which is good, because the PM/IF duo has always been one of my favorites from the comics (where it admittedly is hit or miss at times as well due to different writers). 

Mariah is full bore vengeance killer again. Take a good look, Shades. This is what you traded your closest friend and ally Comanche for. I hope he gets out before he can't get out, because I still think his character has a lot of potential as an ongoing thorn in Luke's side, but this season has really tapped out a lot of the great character work Theo Rossi did last season by sidelining him to being Mariah's boytoy.

Always great to see Turk. The heck with Claire; Turk is the real thread holding the Netflix MCU titles together. I'd love it if he'd pop up on one of the non-Netflix shows as a cameo. Heck, let him show up in other shows, period. Let's make Turk the next Detective John Munch.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 5

Season 2 didn't have a lot of great quotes but I found a couple of laughs:

Mariah: I'll cut your balls off and roll them like dice!

Comanche (unimpressed): You gonna blow on em first?

Luke: Bitch please! ...No offense.

Mariah: None taken... N****.

Man, the alliance shifting was all over the place!  Episode begins with Luke teaming up with Bushmaster to destroy Mariah's drug operation, and then ends with Luke, Misty, AND Shades all actually working together to stop Bushmaster from killing Mariah.  And I love that everyone in that room hates her guts, but dammit, they can't just let her die!

That said, I do wonder if they can really have the evidence to take her down.  It seems to all hinge on that gun, but Shades used it to kill Candice and, as she said, he's the only person that saw her kill Bushmaster's uncle.  I just don't see how they can make it stick.

As much as I like that Cornell is still on a lot of characters' minds, it is somewhat getting to the point where it feels like the show is going "Hey, remember when we had the awesome Mahershala Ali in this joint?!  And then we killed him?!  And then he went on to win a freaking Oscar?!!  But we had him here before he became a big shot!"

At this rate, even if Mariah gets out, she'll probably end up going into debt due to having to fix up Harlem's Paradise every other day.  That place is crazy! 

• Love 4

Well, that kind of went into a strange direction at the end.  Luke ends up forming "alliances" with the other crime lords in order to keep crime out of Harlem, Mariah ends up giving Luke Harlem's Paradise because she believes he will think he can use it to change things but will be corrupted instead, and.... well, that seems to be happening.  He's even got his own Shades in the form of Sugar!  And refusing to even see Claire.  What is going on?  How long before Danny tries to be like "Hey, buddy?  What are you doing?!"

Definitely had a feeling that Mariah wasn't going to make it past this season, but at the hands... err, lips of Tilda was unexpected.  It sure looks like they're setting Tilda up to be a major player.  Also, Shades ends up getting arrested for all of things he confessed about (ha!), but we'll see how long he's contained.

Glad the Bushmaster made it out in one piece.  Don't see any real reason for him to come back, but I wouldn't be against it.

Glad they let Reg E. Cathey's badass voice close things out.  He will be missed.

All in all, I thought it was a more consistent season as it didn't become as awful as the second half of the first season did, but it didn't reach the heights of the first part of the first season either (granted, for me, a lot of it was because of Cornell/Mahershala Ali.)  Curious to see if we'll get a full-fledge first season, or if the appearances from both Danny and Colleen this season was testing the waters of merging this with Iron First.

• Love 1

I did not like how they ended things with Luke in Paradise, but overall I really enjoyed this season. Mariah wore on my last nerve and I am so glad she won't be back. I agree with the above poster that we likely won't see Bushmaster again, since Mariah is gone and he does not consider Tilda a "Stokes".  

• Love 4
(edited)

Main thought: I need a Misty/Colleen Daughter's of the Dragon  Spin-Off. The bar fight was the highlight of the episode for me. Also finding the gag of Misty interrogating someone to only have Nandi/Mark/Ridenhour walk in at maybe that somewhat pivotal moment to be a bit... tiring/annoying.

So... Luke will find out he isn't all that after obvious setup with obviously the villain and... somehow his Father will be involved at some point.

So... Tilda's a goner right. I was annoyed... she seemed so naive, easily manipulated by Mariah.

And Billie/Stephanie also working against Mariah. Loved that small twist.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 2

Geez Danny Rand even when you are not on screen you are a dumbass. I mean he couldn't set Misty up with a high tech robotic arm? Bucky's fake arm is super strong, Phil Coulson’s has a crazy 3d computer thing and an energy shield, and Iron Man's gloves have repulsor rays and allow him to fly. At least build a gun or a flashlight into Misty's or put a screwdriver in the finger or something. 

• Love 2

So. tired. of. musical. interludes.  I have to fast forward thru them to the actual action.  I'm also tired of Bushmonster (yes, I know his real name) but he's also one of these damaged a--holes that I always get very tired of.  I got completely exhausted with Kingpin, Bushy is right up there with him.  

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I watch these shows for the heroes, not for the villains.  I don't really much care about their man pain.  

On 6/25/2018 at 4:08 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Should have known that Misty's former squad mate was going to end up turning on them.  Especially she has been much nicer to her lately.

Whelp, a whole bunch of family issues came out to mixed results.  On one hand, Luke seems to have made steps towards making amends with his father (and, again, Reg E. Cathey is just so damn good here.)  On the other hand, Mariah finally confesses that Tilda is actually a product of rape from her Uncle Pete, and Mariah is incapable of ever loving her because of it.  Ouch!

Of course Bushmaster wasn't going to be captured for very long.

yeah, cop lady better have been paid up front because she's definitely going to be under suspicion.

I'm happy with the way things seem to have worked themselves out with Luke and his father so far but I still want the reverend to explain himself for fathering a son on a member of his congregation.  And the way he handled that situation.  I did wonder when the rev was going to realize his phone was gone. 

Bushmonster has worn out his welcome for sure with me now.  I don't care that Cottonmouth was killed off too soon last season, Bushy is just plain annoying in a horrifying way now.  

• Love 1

Welp, that brings us to a close.

I was happy to see that the writers didn't pull the cardinal sin of DD and JJ second seasons and turn all of the main character's relationships sour... and then we got this episode. I think I buy Luke's turnaround into the crimelord of Harlem as much as I buy Tilda's pivot to the side of evil. Which is to say not at all. Neither the writing for either character, nor their performances, lent any credence or pathos to their embrace of the dark side.

I liked the first half of S1 better than this, but this was much better than the second half of S1. It was definitely a lot more consistent tonally, and Mustafa Shakir's Bushmaster was a great villain (glad they didn't kill him off). So that was something positive. Overall, I'm just Luke-warm on this season.

• Love 4
(edited)

James: Everybody talking about Luke Cage like he's Jesus. Got magazines calling him the Bulletproof Black Man with Barack's easy smile, Martin's charm, and Malcolm's forthright swagger. For the sisters, he's a sumptuous dark roast to savor, brown-eyed handsome man of their fantasies. And for the hard rocks, he's the ghetto bogeyman of their nightmares. Luke Cage makes conventional cop work irrelevant. Harlem's worship of Luke Cage has reached golden calf proportions. Luke Cage is soul brother number one! But I want to ask you to ask yourselves one thing: who is he really, Luke Cage? Does he serve the Lord or does he serve himself? Oh, get to the point, Rev. What I'm telling you is that you have to take the opportunity to become the hero for yourself. You have to take all your hopes, dreams, and, yes, your fury to make a plan that will generate that change that you want to come. And you have to realize that not one man can save a community. One man cannot do it by himself, no matter how good, no matter how strong. And believe me, Luke Cage is nothing but a man. And there's a reason we do not worship men. Because we're weak, subject to temptation, ego, vainglorious, spiteful. Oh, yes, Lord knows we are spiteful. Bulletproof skin doesn't change nature.

DW: We shouldn't have to move.
Bobby: What's this "we" all of a sudden? You just started working here.

Bobby: Luke's not driven by money.
DW: Who ain't driven by money? That's why they call it money.
Bobby: You know, that's the problem with your generation.
DW: Oh, here comes the generation speech.
Bobby: Yeah, with the selfies, the groupies, the dick pics, the twitty-twit-tweet. I mean, y'all even take pictures of your food. You gotta make sure that's real, too?

DW: Dancing in the end zones, slam dunks, all of that was invented before I was born, and I don't remember Malcolm or Martin turning down many interviews.
Bobby: That's cause they used publicity to communicate our message.
DW: Money is the message. Or it should be. Get paid, black man. Get yours. Everyone else is.

DW: The black man motivates. The other man imitates. I'm just surprised a bulletproof white man hasn't shown up yet.
Bobby: Give 'em 20 minutes, I'm sure they'll invent one.

Luke: I don't think this black college sponsorship thing is gonna work, Bobby. Logo is too big of a target.
Bobby: Well, a logo's a terrible thing to waste.

Luke: I don't need the spotlight. The free coffee's kinda cool, though.

Bobby: Just because you a woke superhero don't mean you gotta be a broke superhero.

Misty: Make Luke realize that no matter how much he loves fighting the fight, it's not going to love him back.

Mariah: If you just look at this job as being a hostess, all you'll have to show for it is ankle pain from the six inch heels and the constant ogling that belies someone of your education.

Mariah: There are intangible benefits to being provocative yet friendly.

Cockroach: Damn, shawty is svelte.
Comanche: Svelte?
Cockroach: Means she thick and she thin at the same time.
Comanche: Give a n**** a thesaurus, and now he's Shakespeare.
Cockroach: What was you reading when you was at Seagate?
Comanche: Machiavelli.
Cockroach: Tupac wrote a book?

Cockroach: Never underestimate how quickly old pussy can raise a man's stature to new heights.

Luke: What the hell are you doing? How did you even find me?
Claire: I used the Harlem's Hero app, just like everybody else. Your celebrity distracts people - including you.

Mariah: It's my grandmother's favorite. It's her birthday today.
Shades: Why celebrate someone you hate?
Mariah: That's what family is for. It's the hate that makes it special.

Luke: Yo, man, what are you doing here? 
DW: Harlem's Hero app, man. Every time someone spots you, you get tagged. It's like Waze for you.

Ridenhour: Only a fool walks away from three quarters pension tax free for life.

Ridenhour: You can't keep doing what you're doing.
Luke: Kicking ass and shutting down drug labs? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Ridenhour: I've got a map that says otherwise.
Luke: Oh. That's just my reputation preceding me.
Ridenhour: You're an unlicensed weapon. You need to work with us legally.
Luke: I'm doing your work for you - allegedly. Step up.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Shades has such a smug attitude that makes it so easy to hate him. Wearing his signature shades inside/at night just makes him seem like an 80s movie douchebro.

Like the recent season of Jessica Jones, I liked seeing Luke adjust to his newfound fame. Heh, he's certainly handling it better than Jessica in terms of the local fans. Letting kids run over to take selfies while you're out for dinner with your girlfriend is a lot nicer than most people would be.

So Mariah's going the Michael Corleone route of wanting to become legitimate, eh? Good luck with that.

Luke was just jinxing himself by daring people to come for him and saying that no one can hurt him. Don't do that, Luke!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh my  I was bored to tears.  I can't imagine why critics are praising the Iron Fist episode because it was just as bad to me as the Iron Fist series.I don't think Luke Cage is markedly better than iron fist.   Personally I think they should have chosen another actor.  Mike Colter is very wooden and I don't think he and Rosario have chemistry at all.

Edited by catrice2

An appropriate title not just for the Uncle Pete bombshell, but also for Tilda stupidly going back to her old shop.    I was like "For Pete's Sake, lady."    No worries though...Luther will hopefully rescue her next episode.   LOL.

I'm continuing to love this series though.   :-)

• Love 2

Love seeing Luke adjust to his new fame (he certainly takes it better than Jessica does) and going about his day as a superhero. I do wonder how Luke is making money beyond selling his stuff. His bar exploded, so what else does he have going on? People granted amazing powers and abilities beyond regular human capacity have groceries to buy too. 

Mariahs attempting to go legit, and I dont see that lasting long. Not just because it never does, but because Maraiah has a seriously scary temper that could drag her into more problems, even by just losing her cool. Its kind of too bad her place is a front for so much criminal activity, because it seems like a cool place.

I like new bulletproof guy, he seems like a solid threat. Its kind of what you need with a hero who literally cant be shot, stabbed, or anything else involving skin piercing. Unless his new villain is some kind of master poisoner or that guy who fought Ant Man. 

Leaving Claire out of the loop was a dumb idea. This aint her first rodeo after all. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, jonesingjay said:

I enjoyed the end to the Godfather Part 1 homage. 

Well, after DW called Luke "Corleone", I figured they'd pay that off.

I liked the season well enough. Bushmaster was a compelling villain, Alfre Woodard was great and we have an interesting set-up for next season. Yes, the plotting could be tighter, but that's true of all the Netflix/Marvel series.

• Love 5
On 6/25/2018 at 9:44 AM, Enigma X said:

From Misty to Mariah to Tilda to Bushmaster...I found myself scratching my head at how old the characters were supposed to be. Some of it just did not make sense when placed in reference to things they said and/or flashbacks. So, in the 80s Mariah was a teenager? Bushmaster and Mariah are near the same age? I could go on, but I really did like this season better than the first and it was not bad.

Alfre Woodard is 65 according to IMDB. So it seems plausible that her character is younger, and was a teen-ager in the 80s. Bushmaster seemed a little younger than Mariah in the flashback, and if I had been asked to guess his age I probably would have placed him in his 40s. Maybe we're supposed to think of him older.  

On 6/26/2018 at 4:11 PM, Quark said:

The start of the season was awfully slow, it sped up in the second half, but the end just baffled me. Luke says he wants the club to be burnt down, the next scene he is the King of the club and has no interest seeing Claire - the woman he supposedly loves? Baffling.

I must say, whilst Bushmaster made a compelling villain (Mariah definitely takes the crown though) the Jamaican dialogue made it quite difficult to understand him and his friends/family. I understand the show probably wants to represent real-life as much as possible, but on a TV show you need to know what people are saying.

I will miss Mariah, although it looks like Tilda and this Italian mob boss could be interesting. I definitely have my eye on Tilda.

Also, if this forum could be an indicator for the amount of viewers that have seen this season (compared to other shows on this forum), I can't see it getting a third season.

We don't know if he doesn't want to see Claire in general or if he doesn't want her at Harlem's Paradise, along with why he wanted Claire to go home. Earlier in the season, he didn't want Claire to be at Harlem's Paradise because it was dangerous for her to be there with Mariah in control. He knew that being associated with her would make her a target. So did he not want Claire there to avoid having various crimelords making that connection of how important she is to him? Was it a "not now, we'll talk at home?" 

I assume with it being summer, people have less time/interest in binging.

On 6/27/2018 at 3:04 PM, mxc90 said:

After all this, they proved Nandi right for what she did.

How?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

How?

Not by taking the money but for thinking the only way to stop Mariah and get revenge was to kill her. She saw the police wasting their time trying to give her immunity and realizing it was the wrong path (debatable). If Mariah was killed at Rand's hideout, the people in the restaurant would have been saved if she's not back on the streets from the police deal. As episodes went on Mariah got worse and worse, then we see Shades trying to strangle her, Luke admitting he should have left her to burn in the house fire or snap her neck at the club, KRS One trying to warn her "Loves gonna get you", Carbone and others trying to kill her in jail, her daughter asking Bushmaster to kill her for everyone, and then daughter finally giving her the kiss of death. Yes. I know two wrongs don't make a right just looking at Nandi's perspective.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

Luke Cage wasn't even the best part of his own show. That was Bushmaster.  I don't know why Alfre Woodard getting rave reviews. I thought her acting was horrible and there was no chemistry between her and shades

• Love 2