Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E22: Home Again

• Start Topic

Dave, just take it one day at a time.

Also, Brandon is once again inappropriately angry. This time at Brenda for not sharing something as soon as he thought she should have. Maybe she figured you'd give her one of your paternalistic lectures, BRANDON.

Edited by StatMom
  • Love 2

Strange how you remember things:  I always thought Andrea propositioned Brandon in order to lure him to their good-bye party from the get-go.  

And is Andrea standing on a box to kiss Brandon in front of that banner?  She must be three feet tall...or he's standing on an even bigger box...

Edited by Qoass

You all made me cry, I was laughing so hard, listening to this podcast. Heeee. So funny.

And Dave... the first step is admitting you have a problem. (Every time I thought you were going to stop talking about Bob the Bear and Minnefornia, you'd keep going! LOL.)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

It's really amazing how we got to the end of the first season without almost any mention of Donna. Even poor Dead Scott had more air time than she did, I think.

I agree with Kelly being the MVP of the season for all the reasons Tara gave (although I am, forever #TeamBrenda), but it just makes me all the more sad for how her character just went down the tubes. I was looking at the visual aid for one of the previous episodes, and was really struck by how young and happy Jennie Garth looked; I don't know when specifically Kelly stopped smiling, but she was such a mopey downer by the end.

I had no idea Gabrielle Carteris was pregnant during the drag-racing story arc! I'll probably be horrified when the podcast catches up to those episodes, but at the time my very favorite episode was one of those (specificially, the one where Brenda & Kelly go on a double-date with the Princeton guys who turn out to be in middle school).

I'm so excited for the summer season. Especially Brandon's racist girlfriend.

I feel like, completing the first season, we should hoist Tara & Sara up on chairs in celebration. Although the Klezmer music is maybe influencing that.

Correct, racist girlfriend is from the Summer of Deception.

But season 2 brings Emily Valentine, which is...just as good?

I always wondered where Brandon and Andrea were going to have sex. In the kitchen? In the walk-in freezer? On the counter?

I have decided that there needs to be a safety warning at the beginning of every episode!! I was laughing so hard while driving today that I was crying!! Dangerous podcast!!! =) Sara . . . Don't die!! We all love you!!!

• Love 2

It's really amazing how we got to the end of the first season without almost any mention of Donna. Even poor Dead Scott had more air time than she did, I think.

It's so funny about Dead Scott. Before AWT, I would have sworn that he was in a couple episodes max during the first season, just a couple leading up to his "main" episode just to establish that David knew him. No idea he was even in the opening credits. And I thought I remembered Donna being much less prominent the first season, but she's nonexistent for most purposes.

• Love 1

Is the Summer of Deception the one where Brandon quits working at the Peach Pit with hardly any notice, so that he can work at an "elite" club in order to earn more money for a new car, only to end up quitting there and going back to the Peach Pit because... belated morals?  :)

• Love 1

One night a week I have to work overnight. All night I sit in front of a computer and I celebrate Tara & Sara :) these podcasts have made the last few overnights go by much faster. My coworkers always want to know what's so funny! Also, I remembered being 17 and not missing an episode of BH90210. It was what me and my girlfriends discussed constantly. Like, if Brandon was hotter than Dylan. (no!) sooooo, I made my 19 year old daughter watch the first episode with me just to show her what I had been listening to and revisiting with much laughter. Lol.. She couldn't believe I EVER liked it.

Edited by Tracy
  • Love 2

The summer episodes in season 2 were the ones sinkwriter mentions, where Brandon works at the beach club. Also:

• The girls (minus Kelly) and David take a drama class, and Andrea tries to hook up with the teacher
  • Kelly tries to date a guy who might be gay
  • Dylan moves in with the Walshes
  • Mel and Jackie first get together
  • Everyone plays poker while dressed like '20s gangsters

Season 3's Summer of Deception includes:

• Brenda being sent to Paris with Donna after a big blow-up with Jim over Dylan (basically, her immature behavior is rewarded with a summer abroad)
  • Dylan and Kelly hooking up while Brenda's gone
  • Brenda almost hooking up with Dean Cain
  • David hooking up with Brandon's future girlfriend Nikki while Donna's gone
  • David also making some awful music
  • Brandon's racist girlfriend
  • Andrea dating Peter Krause

Brandon is getting increasingly difficult to handle. The handshaking with Dad was terrible but so is his reasoning with Brenda about seeing it Dad's way.

I had a puffy sleeved white blouse in the early 90s that I wore with purple stretch stirrup pants.

Sarah, no, stay with us, we need you! We have way too much more to go though together {dead scott actually being dead, the summer of deception "Never speak to me again!" Donna Martin graduates! And of course Kelly "I choose me" Taylor).

Anyways. This episode. Why did they hint at a Brandon/Andrea hookup here when it leads to..nothing?

My MVP for this season is also Kelly. She was SO AWESOME in the early seasons. Why did they ruin her and make her such a sour face in the later seasons?

• Love 1

Was Carteris really pregnant in season 3?  I knew they wrote her season 4 pregnancy into the show, which I still disagree with to this day, but I had no idea about the other one.  I always figured she'd needed leg surgery or something and they wrote in the hit and run to cover.

• Love 1

According to Wikipedia (which yeah, isn't always the most reliable), Carteris has two daughters, one born in 1994 (which would track with the pregnancy that was written in) and one born in 1999, so I don't know. Also, she is apparently 54 years old now, which when I think about it, makes sense, the show premiered 25 years ago and she was approaching 30 then, but when I first saw it, I went 'oh, shit'. (sort of the reaction I have to my own age more often than not, heh)

Also, per that last bit, I have had to deal with the inanity of so many drunk people when I was stone-cold sober, so Tara, you have all my sympathy. I now will never be able to see the CA state flag without thinking about Bob the Bear.

• Love 1

Too bad we have to wait until the next summer season to experience these gems at the beach club...sadly, I can't find the clip of David singing "Precious" on Youtube...now, that scene is something Tara and Sarah need to discuss.

Edited by AndySmith

So, this is such a prime example of People Overlooking Solutions to Create a TV Problem that I actually get frustrated. The twins are at the end of junior year, if the company wants you so bad negotiate that Cindy and the kids can stay in the house in BH until they graduate HS while they provide Jim with a Minnapolis apartment and fly him back and forth. It is a pretty big dick move to ask 2 teenagers to move twice in 1 year when they're almost done with HS anyway. And it's insane to turn down a major promotion when your kids will be in college in a year anyway. Live apart for 1 year, it's 1 year.

• Love 6

The episode was memorable but I was more intrigued by the final minutes of the podcast with Dave drunkenly describing his new state "Minnefornia." I'd love to know more (especially why the drunkenness was happening). And hear the state song if possible. Oh, and I think an animal associated with Minnesota is the timberwolf. So a timberbear might be the Minnefornia state animal. Or Bob the Bear. Whatever works.

Why is our Bunting dying again?  Or is she moving to Minnesota?

A carousel goes up and down....so obviously 90120 equates it with sex.  Because logic.

I thought Cateris was only pregnant her freshman year a CU, when the character got pregnant too.  I didn't know the actress spent most of her run on 90210 hiding her pregnancies.

Drunk Again with This is hilarious.

Bring on Season Two! 

I don't/never drink but when our immigration lawyers sent on some champaign to celebrate us getting our green cards we decided to drink it on NYE 2007 and record a podcast. That's about halfway through.

We're going to need to hear the whole thing.

I'm totally ready to move to Minnefornia now.

I don't/never drink but when our immigration lawyers sent on some champaign to celebrate us getting our green cards we decided to drink it on NYE 2007 and record a podcast. That's about halfway through.

It was 2008 and it was just a visa. WOW you have a terrible memory!

I was hoping you guys would mention the establishing shot of Minneapolis showing snow on the ground. The average high in Minneapolis in June (which is when I'm guessing this episode takes place) is 78 degrees! The average low is 58 degrees. Yes, it is very cold here from mid-December through mid-February, but our summers are hot, with highs regularly in the upper 80s. There's no way those damned Walshes are really from Minneapolis.

Andrea's blue slacks, and there is no other word for them than that, would be rejected by about half the women in my grandmother's nursing home as "too frumpy" and apparently she's borrowed Brenda's camel toe special jeans in the "Go For It" GIF because those are giving the rather thin, if way too old, Ooohndra front butt in a bad way. Also, given where those jeans have clearly -- oh so visibly -- been on Shannen Doughtery, I hope she immediately headed to the dr. after this scene.

Dave, just FYI, I don't live there but there is a Hallmark museum in Kansas City. One display is where they have little booths where they play the long versions of the weepy commercials. We started out snarking on them, and making fun of the people carrying tissues, and then my husband and I had to run out of there crying after about four booths.

Also, BBQ.

Oh my god, it's the end of season one and Brenda still CAN'T SAY HER LAST NAME. It's WALL-SH. That's an L in there Shannen, not an R.

Also, it didn't occur to Brenda until they made a list that she'd be leaving the boyfriend who recently devirginized her behind? C'mon! Teenage girl would have gone there in second one. No pro/con list, something every 16 year old indulges in, required.

• Love 1