Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Cheese Stands Alone

Trini

That elevator car full of rats was one of the funniest things so far on this show.  All the rats would have had to pile in through the roof with the door closed, and one of them would have had to press the floor button AFTER the power came back on.

I agree.  I think I might be losing IQ points watching this show.  

How did the rats get to the hotel?  Did thousands of rats walk down the street unnoticed?  Rats THAT large?  BTW, that "rat queen" looked fake as hell.  And it was funny that the rest of the rats looked normal.  I laughed when they were "jumping" down from the ceiling, probably someone was throwing them down.

But the rats on the elevator was hysterical.   How did they know which button to press?  How did they turn the electricity back on without getting electrocuted?  Didn't something like that happen in "Ben?"

Male rats giving birth to male rats?  WTF?  If male rats can give birth, how come they can't nurse, huh?

The horse drawn carriage was interesting because it's a BIG issue here in NYC.   Mayor DeBlassio is against it, some people are for it.  I don't think many people use them anymore, not as much as they did years ago.

If the shit in the mother-cell or whatever that is, makes animals turn into superheroes, why doesn't it do the same to humans?  I mean we're all animals too.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I know this is quite minor, but rats do not brux to sharpen their teeth. They brux to grind them down. Rats' teeth never stop growing, so they gnaw on hard surfaces and brux -- which is grinding their teeth together. They also do that mostly when they're relaxed and happy, not when they're threatening.

Having owned pet rats for years and having been bitten a couple of times (always my own fault -- pet rats seldom bite), I am doubtful that they develop a taste for human blood. My rats got lots of my blood when they bit me, and none of them ever bit me again. As I said, pet rats seldom bite, and I never had one bite me more than once and always when I had done something stupid.

It's the little details like these that make or break a script (or novel) for me. This show is failing in the small things, and it's not getting the big ones right enough either. Without my love for Nonso Anozie, I don't think I'd be watching.

• Love 6

Well, at least the rats made it a little exciting last night.

I liked seeing Mitch and his kid together in the park.  I don't need to see anymore of the two of them together, and I definitely don't need to see anymore of the ex-wife.  I'm not saying her bitchface isn't justified when it comes to him, but I just don't need to see it.

I guess the one thing I like and find the most interesting is that none of the men (Mitch, Jackson, Abe) seem to be the least bit interested romantically in Jamie or Frenchie Bug-eyes.  The men seem to have more chemistry with each other.  I hope the writers keep it that way.

• Love 4

It seems to me that Jackson is destined to be paired with Chloe (they had that tumble when the coffee pot exploded).  And it's obvious that Jamie and Mitch are going to get together.  They annoy each other and have this love-hate thing going on.

Mitch's wife is played by Anastasia Griffith, who is the sister of Jamie Bamber (best known as Lee Adama from "Battlestar Galactica").  She was in the short-lived "Copper", about a detective in late 1800's New York City, and I enjoyed her there with her natural English accent and period gowns.  Here.... not so much.

• Love 1

Male rats giving birth is just a NO. Seriously think about it. The equipment you need to (a) nurture a fetus and (b) to let the done fetus come OUT is just not there. OTOH female rats reproducing asexually is not THAT impossible since the tricky part would be the initial splitting of an unfertilized egg but after that the biology is there to support it i.e. ovaries, uterus, a way OUT. I haven't seen the ep yet but were they suggesting the baby rats were bursting out of the male rats exploding their dads? Ironically the part they worried about was that the male rats couldn't nurse but actually that is something physically possible. Males HAVE breasts they just aren't developed so if you ARE going with mutations it wouldn't be hard to imagine changing the hormones in the male rats so that their breasts do develop so that they can nurse. Even human males exposed to certain hormones can lactate. In summary they really made a mess of this biologically speaking. That said I'm looking forward to rats in an elevator. Too bad they didn't show them pushing the buttons. Maybe one of them can wear a little bell boy hat and have that as their job.

Still remember the head scratching when Michael Jackson penned a love song to a rat for a horror movie. IIRC "Ben" was even nominated for Best Song. I'm going to look up who won that year.

• Love 3

Program won't let me edit my post. BTW MJ as it turns out MJ didn't write "Ben" but he did sing it and it lost the Oscar to "The Morning After" which was the love them to "The Posieden Adventure." 1973 seems to have been a year where death and dismemberment was an occasion to sing love songs.

• Love 2

Male rats giving birth is just a NO. Seriously think about it. The equipment you need to (a) nurture a fetus and (b) to let the done fetus come OUT is just not there.

This is why I love this forum more than the show.  That did not occur to me.  I bet every guy who reads this forum read that sentence, thought about what the fetus was coming out of, and crossed their legs in sympathy.  Bwahaha

• Love 1

The exterminator that was killed by the rats when he poked his head into the hole in the ceiling tiles was packing the flame thrower, and despite not spending a lot of time in the field Chloe knew how to use the flamethrower.

LOL.  We are watching a show where this happens.

So much hilarity:

Rats swimming ashore like they were storming the beach at Normandy.

Abraham: " What does make sense since this whole thing began?"  I don't know either, Abe.

Reporter saying she's not a fugitive.  Oh, is that because she told law enforcement about shooting someone four times?  Or because no one's figured out she's the one who shot him?  I'm betting on the latter, since the body's just been found STILL in the stairwell. 

Total Annihilation Pest Control guy!! Couldn't stop laughing as he tested his - flamethrower?? Loved the angry, determined look as he climbed the ladder.  it was very considerate of him to gape at the swarm of rats charging his head.

Rat elevator...heee. 

The driver diving off the runaway carriage.  You're on your own folks!

Watch the expressions on the reporter's face during the rat penis/asexual convo.  Those weird faces are right up there with Chloe's bug eyes.

Love the rats lurking around corners and scampering just out of eyesight.  They're tracking! Circling, like the raptors.

Maybe the hotel didn't go up in flames because it was a concrete basement with metal shelving?  Hey, I'm trying for logic here, why I don't know.

It makes sense that Chloe's contact is working for Reiden Global - he brought them together, didn't he?  He would want the most incompetent group around.  What happened to the guy who teleported to the different locations?  He should come back.

The only part of Mitch's story that I cared about this episode is that he was called "the surly one".

Whatever happened to defiant pupil :((  Much more threatening then "Mother Cell". 

• Love 3
She was in the short-lived "Copper", about a detective in late 1800's New York City, and I enjoyed her there with her natural English accent and period gowns.  Here.... not so much.

I thought I had seen her somewhere before.

I thought I had seen her somewhere before.

Anastasia Griffith also played a really annoying (IMO) character in Royal Pains, which was one of the reasons I quit that show, and also in Once Upon a Time. She may be be a perfectly lovely person, but she's definitely on the way to being type cast as, well, you know what I mean. Edited by shapeshifter

Calling ratgirlagogo!

Presente!  

The one episode I was REALLY looking forward to and I wasn't able to watch until tonight.  Sigh.  As usual the  crazy sound effects were the most fun thing for me - squeaking! clacking! I kept trying to figure out what percussion instrument they were using to indicate BRUXING (in real life a small quiet sound - but of course I loved "THEY'RE SHARPENING THEIR INCISORS!!!!......perfect, too funny)

I would have perferred if cute little mice were the killer rodents because rats are disgusting

AHEM.    NO THEY ARE NOT.  Rats are cute and adorable.  You didn't notice a difference between the cute little pet rats just standing around indifferently and the armies of insectlike CGI fake rats, plus the big fake rat queens?  (Mr. Rat couldn't stop laughing at the "rat queen" stuff BECAUSE HE IS A JERK. Sometimes.    Humpphh.)

Jackson:  It's been proven that rats who taste human blood begin to crave it.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA......I was hoping when Jackson started reminiscing about the old family CLAMBAKES that we'd get some CLAM ATTACKS - I hear that it's been proven that clams that taste human blood begin to crave it....

Too many rats, too many rats...

Not enough rats.  Why would they just stay in ONE building?  When there are certainly rats in every building on the island?  I liked the BIG animal attack stuff but why not go really big?  They start out with the Jaws reference of how the summer tourist industry can't afford the economic hit of an an evacuation - so why not have the BIG ANIMAL ATTACK that makes the necessity of an evacuation obvious?  HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF BITING KILLER RATS.

Once they started on the premise that male rats can give birth (although not having an uterus and all the necessary piping) but not nurse (although having teats and male lactaction actually being a thing) I thought baby rats were placed on human bodies to suckle blood! Vampire baby rats! Damn show how could you not go there?

EXACTLY!  If we 're going to go to stupid who gives a shit science why can't we go all the way?  If Reiden makes every goddamn thing in the world why are these the FIRST rats to get fucked up by it?  

I laughed when they were "jumping" down from the ceiling, probably someone was throwing them down.

Onto a soft surface, one assumes.  

WordsWordsWords:I know this is quite minor, but rats do not brux to sharpen their teeth.

I'm a longtime pet rat owner too, WordsWordsWords.  There is no actual science in this show, of course.  You'd think this would make room for some wild drive-in style made-up shit, but you would be wrong.

ETA:

"You want to count rodent penises? Be my guest!"

How? How was he counting anything by peering into the top of the bag and not picking any of them up?  Plus as WordsWordsWords could tell you distinguishing a male rat penis from a female rat urethra - much more challenging than just looking for the GIANT MALE RODENT BALLS.  I know, I know, it's a science-free show.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 4

Our little Scooby-Doo gang certainly has the odds stacked against them.

As we know, all of the animals are mutating in a plan to kill everyone. The bears, rats, bats, etc will not be outsmarted by fire guns and tranquilizers for much longer. Carl Lumbly is working for/with RG and is probably giving them all of Frenchy's field reports. Meanwhile, RG is close to getting their Mother Cell back, depending on what Mitch does. And now we have Senior Dater and his band of 11 mercenaries who want to avenge the death of #12 at the hands of our fearless reporter.

(Quick question: who was Senior Dater talking to on the phone after the runaway horse accident? My mind wanders when I am watching this show.)

Our well-intentioned bumblers don't stand a chance...even if Mitch decides to keep the damn Mother Cell. They need to gain an advantage in this mess. Will Mitch develop the vaccine that stops these mutations? Did Jackson's dad fake his death and will he show up in the nick of time to save the world?

Edited by Ellaria Sand

Is there any chance that Mitch swapped out the Mother Cell with a Fake Mother Cell? It doesn't seem like he would risk not getting the meds for his daughter. Plus, if he thinks it's safe to give his daughter a Reiden medicine that is tainted with Mother Cell, he can't think it's as bad as the Scooby gang does.

• Love 3

Is there any chance that Mitch swapped out the Mother Cell with a Fake Mother Cell? It doesn't seem like he would risk not getting the meds for his daughter. Plus, if he thinks it's safe to give his daughter a Reiden medicine that is tainted with Mother Cell, he can't think it's as bad as the Scooby gang does.

Depends on who's dumber.

• Love 1

I would have perferred if cute little mice were the killer rodents because rats are disgusting even when they are not going on a killer rampage, but still, more death by animals is wecome in any variety.

Chipmunks! I want to see swarms of killer chipmunks! Or maybe that island in Japan with all the rabbits makes the news when the rabbits start eating the tourists!

Rats can be cute!  Just ask ratgirlagogo.  Hasn't anyone ever watched Ratatouille?

And intelligent. And loving. Too bad about the stigma; they make great pets

Will the rat fleas carry the plague? Will Reiden Global become the hero?

The animal kingdom seems to be a but slow to come to the realization that the only way to eradicate humans is through viruses. Or nukes. Either go VERY big or go VERY small. These incidents of isolated bloodshed aren't going to make a dent in the global human population.

That elevator car full of rats was one of the funniest things so far on this show.  All the rats would have had to pile in through the roof with the door closed, and one of them would have had to press the floor button AFTER the power came back on.

And whose body was that the rats were eating in the basement -- just a redshirt that was never shown in the episode.

Yes, male rats giving birth to more male rats.  Why not ?  But listening to Jackson trying to justify it is just painful.

The rats would not only have had to pile in from the top (and then press the right button for the floor the humans were on, but I would think that the ones on the bottom would get crushed.

If the rats have developed a taste for human blood and there are 1000's of them in that hotel, why were the human remains even recognizable as human? They did a really poor job of eating that exteminator. He had some bit marks on him. Woop de doo.

Jurrasic park explained the "Nature finds a way" thing much better by allowing an all female group to breed.

• Love 1

I love listening to Abe`s voice. He actually makes some of this silly dialogue sound cool.

Rat Queen sounds like the name of a garage band.

Abe's Voice... sigh...

Many years ago, I worked on a Punk Rock musical version of the Pied Piper. The king rat made a fabulous entrance from the bowels of hell (ie: a trap door with lots of smoke) with his back-up singers (all girl rats) doing an outrageous musical number as a "band".  They were called King Rat and the Ro-dents. (pronounced Row-dents.. accent on dents) It was hysterical.

How come the flamethrower didn't set everything else on fire ? 

Yes the flamethrower was unaccountably well behaved.

I thought I recognized the officer from somewhere -- Mad Men? -- but apparently it's a different actress. I'm having trouble finding all the credits.

She was Dinozzo's girlfriend/mark in that long running story arc about La Grenouille on NCIS. (Jean Benoit)

evil cat trees.

Jackson has way more chemistry with Abe.

All the Xander Berkeley stuff was just waiting and seeing, because you just knew that being Xander Berkeley means he is going to be bad on some level. 

Jaime obsession with Mitch was getting a bit creepy. I think the show was trying to make it be partially because he had the mother cell, but it really came off like she was his un-trusting girlfriend or something.  All I know is that Abe has will power of steel, to just roll with it, and not tell her to shut up every second.

Bring back the Evil Cat Tree!

Who wouldn't have chemistry with Abe?

I would love to see XB play against "type" sometime and be a hero.

Gah! The MOST unbelievable thing in this entire show is that the scooby gang didn't throw Jamie to the rats. Seriously, if they needed extra time to get away, they could have just shoved her forward as a distraction. I can buy every bit of twaddle this show is peddling far more than I can buy them not killing her whenever they get a chance. Going to so much trouble to save her ass from arrest for murder is beyond comprehension.

She is the Most Annoying Character on any show I have watched in years. I can't believe we're supposed to care about her or root for her in any way. The whole thing with Mitch served no purpose except to make us hate her even more. Who's writing this shit?

I also imagine the rats listening to some muzak version from Girl from Ipanema during the ride.

You win the thread (IMHO)

And you owe me a new keyboard.

Also.. I think the rats living in the hotel and traveling around on elevators listening to Muzak needs to become a spin-off show (cartoon format)

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 3
The animal kingdom seems to be a but slow to come to the realization that the only way to eradicate humans is through viruses. Or nukes. Either go VERY big or go VERY small. These incidents of isolated bloodshed aren't going to make a dent in the global human population.

If the rats have developed a taste for human blood and there are 1000's of them in that hotel, why were the human remains even recognizable as human? They did a really poor job of eating that exteminator. He had some bit marks on him. Woop de doo.

Rats are actually the first animal they've featured that could conceivably be a threat to the entire human race if organized and directed by a hive mind, though I'd imagine they present as big a danger via destroying crops and food stores as through direct attack.

The crew of that container ship looked pretty intact for people eaten alive by a swarm of mutant rats too—the actors just had a few blotches of ketchup on their faces and clothes rather than being picked-clean skeletons. Also missing from the scene was the vast scattering of rat dropping that would have been left behind in their wake—rats apparently don't have control of that particular bodily function, so they poop wherever they happen to be.

• Love 1

I wonder if that's a function of this show being on CBS.  I don't watch CBS regularly but aren't they typically averse to using gore.  If so then that's a shame.  It's on at 9 and compared to some of the stuff that NBC gets away with (watch Hannibal or Grimm) in that same time slot, then Zoo is really letting us down in the gross out department.

This show is SO stupid it's funny.  It's like they producers are throwing shit at the audience and not even bothering to re-visit it.

Lions in Africa

Cats in LA

Dogs in Bosnia

Bats in the Arctic

Bears in Paris

Horses in NYC

They show all of these things, but no one (except our gang) is connecting the dots, and they're not really connecting the dots because they don't even mention it.  So why do we, the audience have to be subjected to shit no one will ever care about?

How many more episodes until the finale?  This show seems to be going on forever.

The rat pack elevator was the funniest scene ever. I laughed as hard as my exercising lungs would let me.

Male rats giving birth without being able to nourish the young - sounds like an evolutionary FAIL to me. But the part I thought was funniest about the scene was that Nancy Drew had no problem with the concept of males giving birth - it was giving birth to an all male litter made her go "wha?"

Chekov's flamethrower. Gotta love it. Science and physics aside - it's the most competent Chloe's looked during the entire series.

That was a fairly small "rat queen" (was there another, I couldn't tell). It was biggish and fat, but didn't seem to have enough...outlets. I was expecting something way more monstrous.

Jamie saying she wasn't a fugitive...I'd love to know what her narrow definition of that word is. Also, how much time has passed? Seems like it took an awful long time for someone to stumble on the dead body.

Add me to the list of those who did the math and said "22? No freaking way."

The only problem I have with the dying daughter storyline, really, is that she looks completely - and robustly - healthy.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 3

Male rats giving birth without being able to nourish the young - sounds like an evolutionary FAIL to me. But the part I thought was funniest about the scene was that Nancy Drew had no problem with the concept of males giving birth - it was giving birth to an all male litter made her go "wha?"

The evolutionary fail is strong in this one. If the males only produce male litters then who provides the suckling stations once the present rat-queens are gone? Or do the rat queens pop out female rats when they're not busy feeding all the male offspring? Bats with degrees in engineering, lions with a hive mind, wolves under the mindcontrol of Wolfmanson and bears with endo- or exo-skeletons (too lazy to check) made at least some far-fetched sense but this is stupid even for this show - and that's saying something

I feel embarrassed and outraged on behalf of the poor rats. Given all we know about their behavior and their intelligence they really drew the short stick here. You'd expect them to mastermind the zoopocalyps probably with the help of crows, delphins and octopuses. Instead they're reduced to the species with the most insane reproduction method ever. Even seahorses laugh at them.

• Love 3

The crew of that container ship looked pretty intact for people eaten alive by a swarm of mutant rats too—the actors just had a few blotches of ketchup on their faces and clothes rather than being picked-clean skeletons. Also missing from the scene was the vast scattering of rat dropping that would have been left behind in their wake—rats apparently don't have control of that particular bodily function, so they poop wherever they happen to be.

If the rats were seriously feeding on the bodies, they wouldn't eat the flesh and leave a picked-clean skeleton.  Like all meat-eating mammals they would  crunch right into the bones (no problem with their teeth) since the marrow is some of the most nutritious stuff in the whole body, the spinal cord the best of all.  If you want animals to clean up your skeleton and get it flesh-free, you need insects.  No mammal will do that for you.

Rats can and do control their pooping if they want, up to a point.  Like most wild animals they piss and shit on purpose to establish their territorial claims.

I wonder if that's a function of this show being on CBS.  I don't watch CBS regularly but aren't they typically averse to using gore.

Can't be - all the CSIs are super gory.  Even the opening sequence of CSI is super gory.  And Zoo is on at 9 PM, which ought to take it out of the family hour?  Maybe not.  I have wondered about the lack of gore too - seems so pointless.

I feel embarrassed and outraged on behalf of the poor rats. Given all we know about their behavior and their intelligence they really drew the short stick here. You'd expect them to mastermind the zoopocalyps probably with the help of crows, delphins and octopuses. Instead they're reduced to the species with the most insane reproduction method ever. Even seahorses laugh at them.

Oh, in real life they ARE going to inherit the earth. They're intelligent, nicer to each other than we are to each other, super adaptable - they won't even need opposable thumbs.  Over time a rat species will evolve with a longer lifespan and they will be the new dominant species.

Speaking of which one of the funniest lines was from Officer Ex-Girlfriend - "rats are more afraid of us than we are of them."  HAHAHAHAHA.... less true words were never spoken.  Rats aren't afraid of us at all as far as I can tell - so often they don't even bother to keep a prudent distance away from, oh, a screaming human on a subway platform.

"rats are more afraid of us than we are of them."  HAHAHAHAHA.... less true words were never spoken.  Rats aren't afraid of us at all as far as I can tell - so often they don't even bother to keep a prudent distance away from, oh, a screaming human on a subway platform.

My mother used to try to tell me that about giant southern "palmetto bugs" (read: insanely large flying cockroaches). I didn't believe it then either! NOTHING was more afraid than I was of those things!

• Love 2

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said... but an elevator filled up with rats-- yes, a scary visual, but totally hilarious if one actually tries to think through the mechanics of it!

I'll give them one thing, at least the rapidly reproducing trans-rats had their population boom on a container ship full of grain that could actually support the increase in biomass. The writers haven't yet committed the cardinal sin of science fiction writing: creatures having a population explosion that pulls material for growth out of thin air rather than available foodstuffs. Species, I'm looking at you.

I was confused at one point and thought Mitch and the sick kid were sitting on a park bench under the Evil Cat Tree and I was so excited to see the cats go after the kids in the playground.  Then I rewinded (rewound?) and they were in Boston, not LA.  So I was sad.

I think the rats hit every floor button like an annoying kid does and so they hit every floor but just exited the elevator when they smelled the blood of the Zoo Croo.

Why were they all looking for Frenchie Bug Eyes?  She was just behind Door Number Three, wasn't she?  Weren't they all talking not two minutes before the Flood o' Rats? 

Still no killer zebras.  Sigh.

• Love 1

I'll give them one thing, at least the rapidly reproducing trans-rats had their population boom on a container ship full of grain that could actually support the increase in biomass. The writers haven't yet committed the cardinal sin of science fiction writing: creatures having a population explosion that pulls material for growth out of thin air rather than available foodstuffs. Species, I'm looking at you.

This has always bugged me (no pun intended) about the Alien franchise.  They go from foot long chest bursters to 7 foot tall humanoids in less than a day and we don't see that they've consumed anything during this growth spurt.

I think the rats hit every floor button like an annoying kid does and so they hit every floor but just exited the elevator when they smelled the blood of the Zoo Croo.

But, but the elevator was filled to the brim with rats -- every time the doors opened, they would have all spilled out and all would have to climb back in (one at a time??) to get to the next floor -- for every floor that was pressed. THIS SHOW.

• Love 1

Well, maybe they instantly birthed several thousand more rats between each floor.

You know it would make more sense for domestic animals to contract Reidenitis than wild animals - the way so many pet cats and dogs died from the tainted Chinese pet food ten years back.  Rats and mice make sense too since they feed on human leftovers, but people should be getting attacked by their pets.  Why is it taking so long for the show to actually go there? Surely Chekhov's Golden Lab is going to go after Mitch's daughter?

a population explosion that pulls material for growth out of thin air rather than available foodstuffs

Come on, they're breatharians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Rats in an elevator,

Livin it up while going down

Rats in an elevator

lovin up till they hit the ground

My apologies to Aerosmith, but I could not get this song out of my head while reading all the rats in an elevator comments!

• Love 4
Surely Chekhov's Golden Lab is going to go after Mitch's daughter?

Not that I want this to happen, but Chekhov's Golden Lab should totally be the name of Antarctic Lesbians debut CD. Wait -- that, or Dreadful Sorry, Clementine. Now I can't decide.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I keep thinking about the nonsensical episode title. Why use a child's rhyme? Is this show going for campy humor, and failing?

Edited by ennui

But, but the elevator was filled to the brim with rats -- every time the doors opened, they would have all spilled out and all would have to climb back in (one at a time??) to get to the next floor -- for every floor that was pressed. THIS SHOW.

If all the rats -- especially the ones at the front -- were holding hands, then they could prevent themselves from tumbling out on the wrong floor.

• Love 5

I think you just came up with the title of the Antarctic Lesbians first single release... Rats Holding Hands.

ok.. that came out a great deal more homophobic sounding than I intended... SOMEBODY needs to do a song called Rats Holding Hands. I only thought of the AL band because we were talking about their CD. I wasn't implying anything about lesbians.

Although I admit, every time someone mentions our fledgling group, the Antarctic Lesbians, the 1st thing that pops into my head is that promo for Backstrom that ran so long where Raine Wilson says into his phone "I gotta go... we're looking for lesbians in a shed". That always struck me as a good CD name too.... Lesbians in a Shed.

I'm even imagining great cover art for these single and full CD releases!

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 6

If all the rats -- especially the ones at the front -- were holding hands, then they could prevent themselves from tumbling out on the wrong floor.

Do you suppose it would help if they were holding their breaths too? Probably the show-forgotten hive mind helped.

I keep thinking about the nonsensical episode title. Why use a child's rhyme? Is this show going for campy humor, and failing?

The titles seems to be puns that are animal based.  In this one, it's a reference to the child's rhyme with the reference to the rats using the word cheese.  It could also have a double meaning of the word cheese.

Why were they all looking for Frenchie Bug Eyes?  She was just behind Door Number Three, wasn't she?  Weren't they all talking not two minutes before the Flood o' Rats? 

Still no killer zebras.  Sigh.

Maybe they really are looking for FBE. Same as that wino bear.  Btw, have you all seen the videos of bears in the hot tubs in Canada, and in New Jersey? They need wine, too.

As much as this show needs to end, this show cannot end -- this forum. Is. Amazing.

..who is taking t-shirt orders for "no killer zebras"?

I expected a Stephen king sized queen rat and was both woefully disappointed but a,so grateful I didn't have to see it.

i don't know if it pays to be serious when it comes to this show, but I am concerned about Henry...he best NOT get aggressive. I draw the line at family dogs having to get put down.

that wino bear.

That candy ass French wino bear. Feh.  He couldn't even make his way into a hot tub. No surprise about the Jersey bears for sure, but damned if even the polite Canadian bears aren't bigger better  partiers than the candy ass French wino bear.  Sad.

• Love 1

I don't know, these rats weren't even that big. I used to live near the Hudson and thought I saw a small dog on the sidewalk alone once,  went over to see if it had a collar, when I saw the tail, and knew I was not looking at a small dog, but a large river rat. - I teleported across the street and jumped on someone's car, still an embarrassing memory.  But the rat never even looked at me, just sauntered over to the cliff (palisades)  and started to walk back down to the river. I don't think river rats are exactly pet sized. The rat I saw looked bigger than the queen rat in Zoo.

• Love 1