Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Game Over, Charles

Who killed Toby's mother? Who hit Alison in the head with the rock the night she went missing? Who is Red Coat? Who killed Bethany? Who is the Black Widow? Why has "A" been targeting the PLLs all this time? After years of torture, Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer finally come face-to-face with their tormentor and learn the story of how and why Charles became "A."

Promo:

Ok I haven't seen episode 9 yet but did each of the liars just forgive Charles? I get Ali shouting out to him, but is his story SO moving that Hanna, Spencer and Aria were begging him not to jump?

• Love 1
Who killed Toby's mother? Who hit Alison in the head with the rock the night she went missing? Who is Red Coat? Who killed Bethany? Who is the Black Widow? Why has "A" been targeting the PLLs all this time? After years of torture, Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer finally come face-to-face with their tormentor and learn the story of how and why Charles became "A."

Survey says -- none of these questions will be answered in the #SummerofAnswers finale.

Are they seriously still going with the 'Charles has a soul' nonsense and someone how he will be redeemed in the eyes of the PLLs ? That is some weak tea.

Is that the same rooftop set used from when they were in New York ?

Rosewood PD has some pretty shitty training if their default move is to shoot someone attempting suicide.  How did that officer know that there were other civvies on the roof -- it's not like he could see them ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

Yeah, that sneak peak was... what?!??! "We heard your story! We understand!" Yeah, the storys going to have to be awesome because as someone who has watched this show for 6 years, I know what Charles did to the girls and I don't understand how they could forgive him. 

• Love 2

There are three possibilities with that sneak peak that are acceptable.

1. Charles isn't the one responsible..Redcoat and/or Black Widow are. (And we find out who they are too..) That gives the possibility of him being empathetic. 

2. The girls are saying those things to talk him down from suicide, so he can be properly punished.  

3. He has some horrific backstory that allows the liars to empathize, although not forgive. (Kind of like when you hear an abuser has been abused worse than he/she is abusing.) 

• Love 2

It's like watching late seasons Buffy with their stupid "redemption trumps all" approach and general writer incompetence. Hopefully it's a misleading clip but the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the Lirars eat Charles's sob story line, hook and sinker.

Good to see Officer Barry, though.

• Love 1

I can't buy Hanna of all people instantly forgiving Charles if he's a stranger they've never met. Even if he's "not responsible". She had a soft spot for Mona and Lucas because they were her friends and she'd been in their position so could empathize. But anyone else, Hanna says it like it is. Then again, they all had collective amnesia when it came to Ezra and Toby. And the liars never want A to die (see their reactions to Mona and Shana reveals).

• Love 4

I know Marlene has said there's no gender bending involved, but I found it interesting that Hanna says "You've been such a bitch to us". Yeah, "bitch" can be used towards men too and it is used pretty frequently in the show when talking about A ("Yeah, maybe he...she...it...bitch is." - Spencer, 5x25; "You may be a dude, but you’re still a bitch." - Hanna, 6x01) but for a scene where it looks like they're talking him down either because they really do sympathize or because they want the cops to put him away for good, it just seems like an odd word choice. 

• Love 1

HA!

Sneak peek number 2 is out and it's the continuation of the first scene we saw. Red Cloak is Mona.

Spencer Hastings, let's hope I'm on a true speculation roll and Charles is actually Wilden.

• Love 2

I don't think Red Coat and Red Cloak are the same, are they? I thought Mona was doing Red Cloak to go with the prom theme in a hyperreal sort of way. Damn, this show is confusing.

• Love 4

Yeah I think Mona is wearing a red cloak to go with her prom dress but I don't think she's red coat. She was probably just hanging out back there keeping an eye on Alison and is going to lead the girls to her...because she's Mona.

Yeah usually but maybe there's not enough pointless filler scenes to release this time around. Usually the scenes they release are like the liars talking to their significant others because there's not much plot to give away in those, but I'm guessing there's no time in the finale for Aria and Ezra to discuss their love of pie or whatever, and they don't wanna release anything that's too revealing.

And the second sneak peek is really just an extension of the first.

Of course there's still time. We can always get another.

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 2

At least it semi made sense. Right? Ok, who the fuck am I kidding.

The five-year fast forward should be interesting.

I'm kicking myself for not knowing that there was a PTV liveblog for the episode.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2

That was a lot to process. I think I need to re-watch that. Cece just appeared on her mother already dead, so who killed her?

Charles was as a child wanting to be transgender and then transitioned and new name is Cece/Charlotte.

So post 5 year Ali is a Mrs.Rollins? A teacher too.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I can't even. I just... there should be more transgender characters on TV, but not like this. Not when they're evil because they're mentally ill. I can't believe the show went there. I can't believe they had CeCe date her brother (at least they didn't have sex, but still, ugh). I can't believe they used a sob story involving CeCe's gender identity to try to downplay every legitimately evil thing she did to the girls. We've waited years for this, to see A's story and find out how they pulled all of this off. It was supposed to be fun. We were supposed to get another villain we could all love to hate. This was just depressing and infuriating and I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a massive shitstorm in the LGBT community. I can't wait to see what Heather Hogan has to say.

On the positive side, uh... I liked two things: Mona's shoe with a blade hidden in the heel, and Emily punching Sara in the face. And I think that Vanessa Ray did a really good job selling CeCe's mental state. A lot of that would have been super fun and creepy ("I love all of my dolls," for example) without the trans thing hanging over it.

• Love 16

I can't deal with what just happened.

Marlene what the fuck did you do? I can't find the words. This is so so so bad you guys.

I felt nothing. I didn't feel bad for Cece for a single moment and if the show is actually trying to shame us into feeling bad for Charles because he transgendered then this is bad for the world. THE WHOLE GODDAMN WORLD.

Lii, I'm sorry you're gonna have to experience this alone.

• Love 4

That was disgraceful.

So lets see.

Aria - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy.  Show romanticized pedophilia.

Hannah - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy.

Spencer - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy. 

Emily - Latest transitory love interest turns out to be bad woman and partner of....

A - A trans woman who has wrecked people's lives.

• Love 7

I know there are going to be people who do not like the CeCe reveal and some who are going to be offended by it but I thought it was sensitively done and very well done as well.  It made sense or at least as much sense as this show is capable of making.  I liked that although Cece was guilty of a great deal she wasn't guilty of everything the liars attributed to A and that everything began because a boy liked dressing as a girl and because of what was simple accident by a child.  Honestly I thought this was a very well done episode that answered a lot of questions for me.  

As for "He" we do know that CeCe wasn't the one who killed Mrs. D so who did?  There is at least one other person in play.  I don't think the CeCe reveal is a fake out it is too good and too well thought out and it ties just about everything together too well.  

• Love 4

That was a lot to process, but I really want to focus on

A. Emily has a mean punch

B. A/Charles/Cece/whoever has a lair that looks like its straight out of a comic book. I kept expecting Doctor freaking Doom to show up any second. 

• Love 3

Also, I thought we were getting all the answers. So, who killed Garrett and Ian? Was it Cece? Was it Sara? Where are all the other answers? 

I hope effing MArlene doesn't just ignore the existence of all these lingering questions, when she spends so much time on nonsense no one cares about.

• Love 1

So who killed Mrs. D? Did Cece just come upon her body, or did Cece kill her? Do we know?

I guess that question will be answered in the five years forward. 

That was disgraceful.

So lets see.

Aria - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy.  Show romanticized pedophilia.

Hannah - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy.

Spencer - Longtime love interest turns out to be good guy. 

Emily - Latest transitory love interest turns out to be bad woman and partner of....

A - A trans woman who has wrecked people's lives.

Yep, pretty much.

I know there are going to be people who do not like the CeCe reveal and some who are going to be offended by it but I thought it was sensitively done and very well done as well.  It made sense or at least as much sense as this show is capable of making.  I liked that although Cece was guilty of a great deal she wasn't guilty of everything the liars attributed to A and that everything began because a boy liked dressing as a girl and because of what was simple accident by a child.  Honestly I thought this was a very well done episode that answered a lot of questions for me.  

It was done as sensitively as they could do it, especially with the circumstances, but it doesn't mean it isn't less offensive.

• Love 2

That was horrible.

I don't mind if a show wants to do a LGBT character that is insane, but at least make it a well written story. This was some half-assed, thrown together, bullshit written only for shock value.

They had so many characters that would make more sense to be Charles, like Ezra, the perv stalker who spent a year stalking the girls, and whose past was always a bit of a mystery, or Wilden, who seemed to have a hatred for the girls for no good reason, but this was just ridiculous.

And at this point, I don't know if undoing it like they do every other reveal would be better. I don't think the show jumped the shark, I think they jumped the whole damn aquarium.

• Love 7

I can't even. I just... there should be more transgender characters on TV, but not like this. Not when they're evil because they're mentally ill. I can't believe the show went there. I can't believe they had CeCe date her brother (at least they didn't have sex, but still, ugh). I can't believe they used a sob story involving CeCe's gender identity to try to downplay every legitimately evil thing she did to the girls. We've waited years for this, to see A's story and find out how they pulled all of this off. It was supposed to be fun. We were supposed to get another villain we could all love to hate. This was just depressing and infuriating and I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a massive shitstorm in the LGBT community. I can't wait to see what Heather Hogan has to say.

On the positive side, uh... I liked two things: Mona's shoe with a blade hidden in the heel, and Emily punching Sara in the face. And I think that Vanessa Ray did a really good job selling CeCe's mental state. A lot of that would have been super fun and creepy ("I love all of my dolls," for example) without the trans thing hanging over it.

I know! I mean what the fuck show? Didn't the writers announce a while back that they're not going with a transgender storyline because it's such a sensitive matter?

And if they even try to back track this, like oh yeah Cece was totally lying. She's just a nut job, Charles is still out there somewhere.... then they have a whole other problem on their hand because 1) it does not cancel out that they even tried to go there in such a horrible way. 2) it means that AGAIN we have been given half answers. 

• Love 2

Man, I was actually excited. The best PLL episodes have bodies in soda buckets, talking birds eating chicken, and dogs digging up shallow graves. It was absurd and wonderful. I wanted that. But this was just boring and disappointing after so many years. It wasn't satisfying. The girls didn't get to triumph over their attacker, which I desperately wanted to see. Someone just talked for an hour. I think I'm finally out.

• Love 11

I said this in the live thread, and I'll say it again here. Pretty Little Liars has done such a beautiful job with the LGBT community. Ok, really more just the LG community but what they did with representation was well done, and done in a positive way. But now? Marlene just screwed up ALL of that work and that progress and shat on the one community that needed good representation the most. Marlene has to see the risk she took to present this storyline, right? I guess it could have been much, much worse, but....yeah, no, this may have just ruined the show.

• Love 5

I really want to believe that this whole episode was one big distraction to who A really is, but I don't trust them. I mean forget that half of what was said doesn't make sense, and that's literally the only reason that I don't believe CeCe's story about being A. But after the pedo relationship, the girls being dumb, the girls' love interests being weirdos and creepers to the nth degree, now they're gonna make A transsexual? The hell is this shit?

Irrelevant-ass Sara who didn't come until S6 is the Black Widow/Red Coat we've been speculating about for years? Bull.

So are we supposed to think that Cece, like...hypnotized her into helping by kidnapping her, or...?

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 9

I really want to believe that this whole episode was one big distraction to who A really is, but I don't trust them. I mean forget that half of what was said doesn't make sense, and that's literally the only reason that I don't believe CeCe's story about being A. But after the pedo relationship, the girls being dumb, the girls' love interests being weirdos and creepers to the nth degree, now they're gonna make A transsexual? The hell is this shit?

I agree with everything, but just one minor correction: it's not transsexual, it's transgender. They're two completely different things. 

Marlene really skirted the line here with avoiding the word transgender, and having nobody acknowledge it whatsoever (besides Hanna once).

Yeah, they answered a lot, but there are still questions they haven't answered us.

• Love 1