Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

And what do you know.....Bravo treated it with respect.

When we first saw the teaser before the season began and we were talking about her schlepping his urn around in a taxi - before we knew what the storyline was - I remembered thinking how cheap and cheesy it was for her to allow this.  And I'm sure I commented as such.

But Bravo did treat it with respect for as much as they are capable of.  I still think it's a little cheesy and attention grabby but I didn't read her blog yet and someone said she offers an explanation for why she allowed it. I feel like I should probably read it.

• Love 6

When we first saw the teaser before the season began and we were talking about her schlepping his urn around in a taxi - before we knew what the storyline was - I remembered thinking how cheap and cheesy it was for her to allow this.  And I'm sure I commented as such.

But Bravo did treat it with respect for as much as they are capable of.  I still think it's a little cheesy and attention grabby but I didn't read her blog yet and someone said she offers an explanation for why she allowed it. I feel like I should probably read it.

Yes read her blog. This is one time when I think we got to watch something that truly happened in one of the HW's lives without it being manufactured or for personal promotion.
  • Love 11
(edited)

Remember Sonja thinks her collection will go international. Keep on hoping Sonja. I don't think Sonja is going retail-my guess is on line. Those interns will be very busy if it catches on.

Well, online is retail, unless you mean that the collection will never be available anywhere other than her own website (which I would agree).

I would love to know if she actually sold anything. Anything!! And in what condition it arrives (like if it looks hand sewn by interns)....can't some fashion blogger take one for the team and order something??

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

Well, online is retail, unless you mean that the collection will never be available anywhere other than her own website (which I would agree).

I would love to know if she actually sold anything. Anything!! And in what condition it arrives (like if it looks hand sewn by interns)....can't some fashion blogger take one for the team and order something??

Notice that there is nowhere on her site to leave comments about her clothes! That is always a bad sign IMO! LOL

None of this has anything to do with Ramona's game.  What it had everything to do with is Ramona being more interested in being out and way from the other ladies. What I don't understand is they all basically despise Ramona and the way she acts -so when she finally goes out on the town and leaves their company it becomes she is ignoring them? Same thing with Bethenny and force feeding her lunch-let the bitch go.  Ridiculous. This is why when Ramona has a really royal screw up like the naked guy she gets way with yet another apology.   There was a whole group of women together they did not need Ramona for companionship.  Just petty bull to mention her taking the host away while they were talking to them.  Carole and Bethenny left with the pretense to bartend.  It is a set up for a Bethenny bit-obviously there were a hundred ways for Bethenny and Carole to get back in the conversation-one would be here is your drink Ramona and offer one to her and the owner.  It became a bit and they sent Kristen over-why???  Kristen loathes Ramona.  To me it was a production driven bit.  The one with the best line was Sonja who apparently recognized the guy's plight and decided to just call Ramona on it.  It wasn't about the other women and getting their feelings hurt-it was about hoarding the host. The lame-I need to practice my flittering was just so Ramona. 

I just thought the group reaction was overblown and Ramona's explanation beneath contempt.  I feel the same way about this week's episode-let the bitch leave.  She is the one who misses the group publicity photo. Bethenny again making a big deal and flapping her arms around like a headless chicken about Ramona and men--boring.  I don't think the others need to lower themselves to Ramona's bowl circling standards.  Ramona is a vile, gossip mongering, uninteresting woman who thinks she is some great beauty.  She is not a great intellect and she has zero in the way of any social graces, to expect her to all of sudden to develop some are the fault of those around her.  Heather had it right the first season she was on-don't invite the bitch to London.  Heather did not have to worry about some dumb ass rude move by Ramona.

I think on this we agree-Ramona needs to be gone, she is no longer believable as a friend.  I just hate to see the other women get taken down because they are trying to tolerate or fix Ramona.

The way I saw it was that they were annoyed with Romona because she acted like she didn't know them.  It wasn't about Ro's companionship. Big difference.

• Love 9
(edited)

I love that some of the clothes are already sold out...  Wonder how many of each item is produced (or not).

They're Meticulously designed and manufactured in New York City,

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

I thought the decor in Carole's London hotel room was kind of ugly.

It was an awkward situation, filming a reality show in this little church (as opposed to those trashy pastor shows that I don't watch or even a bigger church that might be used to cameras and tourists). I didn't feel like Carole's tentativeness about how to conduct herself (what to call the priest, where to sit) was shtick for once. I'll just say that while it wasn't poignant I appreciated how much more real Carole was than she usually is. That said, once she got back to the hotel room it was just weird. I didn't feel like this stuff needed to be in the show or that they needed to film her at all. Just let her be.

LOL. So Sonja's interns learn to not put white wine in champagne glasses. Education!

I don't know where I stand over whether Ramona was playing wingwoman or really into that guy and how much responsibility she had in that situation. We know she loves to deflect blame.

I loved that the men at Sonja's door turned out to be from Bethenny. When they first showed up I thought she'd hired them.

Is changing people's names something that both Carole and Heather do or did Heather just rub off on Carole? Doris?

I think Carole should have gone on this trip with a real close friend. Not even Heather. A real friend. Having Dorinda there was awkward.

So Dorinda is possessive and territorial about her men.

• Love 1

The way I saw it was that they were annoyed with Romona because she acted like she didn't know them.  It wasn't about Ro's companionship. Big difference.

Who cares if she ignores them socially?  She is an idiot.  You don't raise an issue like that with this social clod.  Did they feel better getting a fake apology and stupid response from Ramona.  They went on and on about her game and cock blocking. . . ridiculous.  They need to elevate not sink.  Ramona had been itching to get away from these women why does she want them in her conversation when she finally gets away from them?  I would think they would be delighted to be away from her.  They loathe her.

• Love 1

I think this is the most I've ever heard Carole talk about kids. I didn't read her book but I wonder if that's a big regret for her.

I didn't need all of this widow talk but I appreciated that Carole and Dorinda talked over each other a bit but never got offended. For some reason I think if they're both around next season they'll definitely fight.

I think I might prefer the look of London at night to London during the day. I've always considered it too rainy and gloomy to want to visit.

Nope. Don't want to see Ramona dating if it's going to be this boring.

Something about Carole and Dorinda in their furs made me laugh. It was fun to hear Dorinda's friend gossip about what she called John after their first few dates. I think that's part of what doesn't work about Kristen. I think she was supposed to be Heather's friend but she doesn't have that relationship with Heather. Real friends interact differently. 

I had a thought. How long before Josh pitches an Eboost/Skinnygirl collab to Bethenny?

LOL at Ramona's fake lashes trying to escape her face. I know Ramona and Sonja are easy targets but it's nice to see the ladies able to bond over their ridiculousness.

HA! What was Constantin Maroulis doing there?

"She wants a model but he has to be 55. What am I a fucking wizard?" is my favorite line of the episode.

Sonja losing a tooth will never not be funny.

• Love 1

Who cares if she ignores them socially?  She is an idiot.  You don't raise an issue like that with this social clod.  Did they feel better getting a fake apology and stupid response from Ramona.  They went on and on about her game and cock blocking. . . ridiculous.  They need to elevate not sink.  Ramona had been itching to get away from these women why does she want them in her conversation when she finally gets away from them?  I would think they would be delighted to be away from her.  They loathe her.

Again, I think you're missing their point. 

No, I don't think they feel better getting a fake apology but I do think they feel better calling her out.  I also don't think that Ro was itching to get away from them.  She was itching to feed her ego.  I think their response was natural. 

• Love 11

If these women treated Ramona or each other like most of us would in real life, there would be no show! LOL They are paid to "react", they are paid to "snark/gossip", they are paid to "call each other out", they are not paid to be nice, rise above it or any socially acceptable reaction to bad/rude behavior.  LOL

• Love 9

Imagine my surprise when I saw a young woman, who apparently had just started grad school that semester, slinking up to him, all giggly and informing him that she'd signed up for his spring semester class. She was just gushing and flirty, in spite of the visible wedding band on this man's finger. For some of these young women, it becomes really easy to develop crushes on these worldly, older men.

Benefit of the doubt that she wasn't attracted to his wealth or prestige, competence is really sexy. Being passionate and knowledgeable about something is attractive.

I don't think Amy Phillips nails most of the housewives but she's really getting there with Dorinda. And it's hilarious that the more food she has in her mouth, the better the impression sounds.

• Love 3

If these women treated Ramona or each other like most of us would in real life, there would be no show! LOL They are paid to "react", they are paid to "snark/gossip", they are paid to "call each other out", they are not paid to be nice, rise above it or any socially acceptable reaction to bad/rude behavior.  LOL

I think that is just an excuse. Brandi Glanville on RHoBH is a million times worse than Ramona and Lisa Vanderpump did act a fool. She was firm but polite and ignored that crazy woman, and yet Lisa is still probably the most popular from that show. If the castmembers are acting up, it is their choice to do so. Going by your logic, you can't really blame Ramona since she has been on the show the longest and Bravo must pay her to act like a rude <insert cuss word of your choice> with buggy eyes.

This episode was so boring that I had to just turn it off when they started to show Dorinda's party. I guess I'll get around to watching the last 20 mins but I see this may start to be a trend with me. HW's are really, really starting to bore me. That's all I got. (BIG YAWN)

• Love 2

And this is why I can't classify ANY of these women as stable (by my definition).  They accept money at the risk of destroying their careers, families, reputations.  That takes a certain sort of someone. 

Andy has criteria when hiring these women.  And the ones who think, and maybe even say out loud, that Bravo will never expose their real true nature?  B.S. 

Bravo knew when they hired you that they can expose you or you wouldn't have been hired in the first place.  And they're paying you handsomely for their privilege to do so.

I don't think Amy Phillips nails most of the housewives but she's really getting there with Dorinda. And it's hilarious that the more food she has in her mouth, the better the impression sounds.

I think her impression of Shannon Beador is sheer perfection.

• Love 3
(edited)

It was an awkward situation, filming a reality show in this little church (as opposed to those trashy pastor shows that I don't watch or even a bigger church that might be used to cameras and tourists). I didn't feel like Carole's tentativeness about how to conduct herself (what to call the priest, where to sit) was shtick for once. I'll just say that while it wasn't poignant I appreciated how much more real Carole was than she usually is. That said, once she got back to the hotel room it was just weird. I didn't feel like this stuff needed to be in the show or that they needed to film her at all. Just let her be.

LOL. So Sonja's interns learn to not put white wine in champagne glasses. Education!

I don't know where I stand over whether Ramona was playing wingwoman or really into that guy and how much responsibility she had in that situation. We know she loves to deflect blame.

I loved that the men at Sonja's door turned out to be from Bethenny. When they first showed up I thought she'd hired them.

Is changing people's names something that both Carole and Heather do or did Heather just rub off on Carole? Doris?

I think Carole should have gone on this trip with a real close friend. Not even Heather. A real friend. Having Dorinda there was awkward.

So Dorinda is possessive and territorial about her men.

I thought it was kind of cute that Carole was calling Dorinda "Doris" -- it was not as annoying as Heather's insistance on name-shortening, even if the other person requests that she doesn't do it.

Then, I was wondering if during Carole and Dorinda's heart to heart talks (off camera), if maybe, Dorinda confided to Carole that her given name really is "Doris", and she just uses Dorinda because it is not as old-fashioned sounding.  

Either way, I think I spend waaaay too much time thinking about this stupid stuff!!   LOL   :-) 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

It was so sparse and empty! I half wondered if they didn't move some/most of the furniture out, either to accommodate production or because they'd just renovated or something. 

Anyway, I have a trip to the UK coming up, and I need a hotel in London for one night, so I've decided to let myself splash out a little bit (I'm a cheapskate by nature). So I looked up the Cafe Royal (and what a terrible name for a hotel, by the way). 

HA.  For the night I'm there, rooms start at 425 pounds (roughly $665). Too splashy.

I think the room Carol had was the Marquis Suite  (again, imagine half the furniture missing) which runs a mere 1079. It's a fantastic location, though (and it has "access to UK, USA and European power points," which would save my life when I inevitably forget my plug converters).  

I wish they'd explained that more -- I half wondered if someone on the flight or when they checked in hadn't skimmed her papers, assumed her name was the more common Doris rather than the unusual Dorinda, and it became a joke between the two of them.  Or if the hotel had entered it incorrectly from what Bravo sent them, with the same result (I was once registered for a conference as "Ms. Badger" [not my last name] and my friends latched onto that for the rest of the week. It was funny for the first 6 hours or so).  

• Love 6

Doris is my name and it always interests me to hear it on TV. Carole doesn't pronounce it like a NYer. It's often switched up by people to Delores and Dorothy and so forth. How on earth is "Dorinda" (complete syllable clusterfuck, imo) less "old-fashioned"?

I love to hear NYers (my rels) call me Da-ris. Door-is is how these OH types say it. In my old age, I correct them. Sorry for OT.

• Love 4
(edited)

Doris is my name and it always interests me to hear it on TV. Carole doesn't pronounce it like a NYer. It's often switched up by people to Delores and Dorothy and so forth. How on earth is "Dorinda" (complete syllable clusterfuck, imo) less "old-fashioned"?

I love to hear NYers (my rels) call me Da-ris. Door-is is how these OH types say it. In my old age, I correct them. Sorry for OT.

I think it's probably easy to perceive Doris as "old fashioned" because it was WILDLY popular in the 1920s and 30s, so it gets associated with movie stars (and relatives) from the '50s.  It's now on the Endangered Names list, having fallen off in usage by 98% in the last century. 

Dorinda (which I'd thought was completely made up, by the way), has been used rarely enough that it comes across as an unusual name rather than a name tagged to any given era. It's never been higher than about the 600th most common name in the US, but was consistently in the top 1000 from the mid '40s to 1970 or thereabouts. 

(Sorry. I find this stuff fascinating).  

Edited by abbottrabbit
  • Love 8

Same here. It was an abrupt transition to go from their natural conversation to Bethenny's comment about the "rim job" on her cocktail glass. I'm not a prude but I just thought, ENOUGH of the quips. I don't want to hear Ramona likened to a dog in heat (even if it's true), I don't want to hear about her mud wrestling, I don't want the imagery of a rim job when I'm taking food or drink offered to me. I want people who know how to be real. Going from London to Bethenny's party and Sonja's tooth…I dunno, just made these women and their shtik seem particularly tired or desperate.

I agree.  I'm so over Bethenny's vulgarity.  Her constant "getting Ramona laid" was irritating too.  I don't think Ramona is looking for quickies. I think she's hoping to meet someone and probably just trying to show Mario that she can attract men.  While I agree she should calm it down a bit, Bethenny was just crude. And at some point, you get tired of someone who is just constantly crude.  It's not cute.  It's not funny.

• Love 17

Anyway, I have a trip to the UK coming up, and I need a hotel in London for one night, so I've decided to let myself splash out a little bit (I'm a cheapskate by nature). So I looked up the Cafe Royal (and what a terrible name for a hotel, by the way). 

HA.  For the night I'm there, rooms start at 425 pounds (roughly $665). Too splashy.

I think the room Carol had was the Marquis Suite  (again, imagine half the furniture missing) which runs a mere 1079. It's a fantastic location, though (and it has "access to UK, USA and European power points," which would save my life when I inevitably forget my plug converters).  

The Cafe Royal is an historic building in London, which is why it has kept the name when it was converted to an hotel. It's a landmark building in that part of London, everyone knows where the Cafe Royal is, so it made total sense to keep the name, given the historic connection and the fact that it's a known building. I think it was the Celestine suite they were in.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hope I didn't offend you!  Will it help if you know that I pronounce it "Da-ris"??  LOL

I guess by old-fashioned, I meant that there are not 1,000 20-somethings turning around when they hear the name in a crowd (like, Tiffany, Taylor, Brittany, etc.)!  It's just not as common now as it may have been in the past.

I think that Dorinda is more unusual sounding than Doris, that's all.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

Ramona's response to her "date" biz partner's statement that his marriage ended because his wife didn't like him dating during their marriage shocked me. She goes on and on about being devastated about Mario cheating, but her date says he's a cheater and she just laughs and continues flirting with him. So, to Ramona cheating is funny unless the cheater is married to her?! What a fucking idiot she is.

• Love 18

I think her impression of Shannon Beador is sheer perfection.

Agreed!  I also think her Heather Dubrow impersonation is spot-on and HI-larious!

Not to get off track but I like her Lisa Rinna. Her Lea Black is pretty good too. I just don't think she's got the range or the ear to nail all the housewives she attempts. Her Sonja and Heather (RHONY) could be anybody if you just close your eyes and listen to them. Her non-housewives impressions could also use some work. For the sake of making jokes, you don't have to nail it (I love the guys on Watch What Crappens even though some of their impressions are just ridiculous and nowhere close to the real person) but I think Amy relies more on nailing the impression that making strong jokes. 

I'm a New Yorker and I say Door-is. 

• Love 1

Not to get off track but I like her Lisa Rinna. Her Lea Black is pretty good too. I just don't think she's got the range or the ear to nail all the housewives she attempts. Her Sonja and Heather (RHONY) could be anybody if you just close your eyes and listen to them. Her non-housewives impressions could also use some work. For the sake of making jokes, you don't have to nail it (I love the guys on Watch What Crappens even though some of their impressions are just ridiculous and nowhere close to the real person) but I think Amy relies more on nailing the impression that making strong jokes.

I'm a New Yorker and I say Door-is.

Hey, didn't mean to cause a commotion.

(edited)

This is what we are going to see Tuesday--http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/ There is a video

I think if she were really being dishonest-she would make up comments.  Maybe it will work for her.  The video is good.

Couldn't get the link to work... has the video been taken down?  

BTW all of her pant inseams are 31 1/2 inches.  WTH?  31 1/2 inches may be Sonja's exact measurement, but that's too short for plenty of women!  I have short legs for a 5'6" person, and I'm in the 30-31 inch range... All the jumpsuits have exactly the same inseam measurement, too, 26 3/4 inches.  Something ain't right.  

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/size-chart/

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 1

That glimpse of Sonya's, "stylist intern" was hilarious, what was she wearing? What was that headband thing?  What was Sonja training her for, to be a stylist?

Using the wrong glass for the white wine was typical for someone young.

Those two hired invite delivery guys looked like deer in headlights when Sonya asked if they were her and Ramona's escort at the party. I thought it was cheesy of Bethany but that probably would get those two's attention.

Carol acted like it was years and years since she was in London, didn't the girls go (that was the trip that one of them used the bidet as an ice bucket, right?) with Heather no more than two years ago. I also remember Capegate with Carole wearing one then the Countess bought one and Carole was not nice about, seemed like yesterday.

My guess is that Carole decides where Anthony will be laid to rest and it will be filmed 'cause THAT is a story line!

• Love 5

The Cafe Royal is an historic building in London, which is why it has kept the name when it was converted to an hotel. It's a landmark building in that part of London, everyone knows where the Cafe Royal is, so it made total sense to keep the name, given the historic connection and the fact that it's a known building. I think it was the Celestine suite they were in.

They didn't share a suite. We never saw Dorinda's suite/room.

• Love 3

I have to echo the sentiments regarding the London trip being such a success. Good job, show.

It's interesting to think what different kind of HWs Carole and Dorinda would be if Anthony and Richard were still alive.

Pretty's Ramona impression >>>>>> Skinny's Ramona impression

For some of these young women, it becomes really easy to develop crushes on these worldly, older men.

True, and then there are the ones who are just looking to pad their grades.

What tooth did Sonja break?

She pointed to her upper incisor (which was still there, so I'm guessing she actually just chipped it.)

I'd have given anything I own for that bartender to look at Bethenny (in regards to Ramona) and fire back, "She's a bitch."

Yes, or "She's old", which would've punched her right in her rotten gut.

I don't know why Ramona just doesn't hook up with Peter and be done with it. He makes her laugh, she keeps filming with him, and he's probably at least her peer financially. And, he can tolerate her for more than ten minutes, which is as big of a plus as she's going to find. Also, it's not like she deserves any better.

As I've said before, I'm disappointed that we saw zero interaction between Lu and Heather at the party.

When LuAnn greeted Kristen and Beth, she kept her shoulder turned away from Heather and didn't even look at her, so maybe there wasn't any interaction to show.

Is changing people's names something that both Carole and Heather do or did Heather just rub off on Carole?

LuAnn calls Dorinda "Dor", so maybe she's the one who did the rubbing off.

Diet pinot noir. Why?

• Love 4

I also think Amy Philip's Bethenny and Ramona impressions are hysterical.  I'm a fan. 

They didn't share a suite. We never saw Dorinda's suite/room.

I think she just means the suite they were filming in.

That glimpse of Sonya's, "stylist intern" was hilarious, what was she wearing? What was that headband thing?  What was Sonja training her for, to be a stylist?

Using the wrong glass for the white wine was typical for someone young.

Those two hired invite delivery guys looked like deer in headlights when Sonya asked if they were her and Ramona's escort at the party. I thought it was cheesy of Bethany but that probably would get those two's attention.

Carol acted like it was years and years since she was in London, didn't the girls go (that was the trip that one of them used the bidet as an ice bucket, right?) with Heather no more than two years ago. I also remember Capegate with Carole wearing one then the Countess bought one and Carole was not nice about, seemed like yesterday.

My guess is that Carole decides where Anthony will be laid to rest and it will be filmed 'cause THAT is a story line!

I might have missed it, but what did Carole say - or how did she act - to give the impression that she hadn't been there in a long time?  I thought I remembered Dorinda saying she had not been there since Richard died, but I don't recall Carole saying anything in that vein.  Not saying it did not happen, just that I can't remember it.

• Love 4

I also think Amy Philip's Bethenny and Ramona impressions are hysterical.  I'm a fan. 

I think she just means the suite they were filming in.

I might have missed it, but what did Carole say - or how did she act - to give the impression that she hadn't been there in a long time?  I thought I remembered Dorinda saying she had not been there since Richard died, but I don't recall Carole saying anything in that vein.  Not saying it did not happen, just that I can't remember it.

I never got the impression from anything that Carole said that she hadn't been there in a long time either.

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought it was kind of cute that Carole was calling Dorinda "Doris" -- it was not as annoying as Heather's insistance on name-shortening, even if the other person requests that she doesn't do it.

When has Heather shortened someone's name after they asked her not to do so? The only person I ever remember even mentioning the shortened name thing was Beth (I will continue to do it and she can kiss my ass if she doesn't like it), and of course we've never heard Heather do it again. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

Anthony's ashes were placed next to those of his father. Perhaps this was Lee's wish, perhaps it was a family tradition - who knows. I don't necessarily think it's indicative of something suspicious or sinister that the urn isn't in Carole's apartment. Many people choose to put their loved one's ashes in crematoria, or columbaria; would you make the same assumptions about them and their regard for the departed?

If Carole was a golddigger, IMO, Lee Radziwill would have seen through it in a heartbeat.

I just read Carol's book and Anthony's father had a personal connection to the original church so it makes sense that the urns were there. Carole also tossed some of Anthony's ashes here in the states at a memorial so it sounds like Carole and Lee came to a decision that worked for both of them. 

• Love 8

True, and then there are the ones who are just looking to pad their grades. *CREDITED: jaync

I recall an instance in a course on Middle Eastern policies, politics, the professor returned graded "papers"( analysis...)--got an "A" :-). Upon offering help to those whose grade was not quite up to par, well, the hair twirling, smiles, and body swaying began. I remember being fascinated by the scene because it was so obvious.

Don't know if it worked for them(lol)!

• Love 1

That reminds me. The WWC guys mentioned that they saw Pickles out on the dance floor. Can we confirm this? I'm weirdly happy to know that pickles wasn't smothered by a mountain of Sonja's old sharpie-d handbags.

• Love 2
I don't know why Ramona just doesn't hook up with Peter and be done with it. He makes her laugh, she keeps filming with him, and he's probably at least her peer financially. And, he can tolerate her for more than ten minutes, which is as big of a plus as she's going to find. Also, it's not like she deserves any better.

Does Ramona know that Peter used to date/have sex with the same woman Mario cheated on her with?  That right there would stop me - icky, gross, yuck!

Also, if they really are business partners, adding sex would be a bad idea.  And who knows, maybe Ramona would be all over him but he doesn't want to have sex with her.  I think he is filming with her because he likes being on tv, and maybe they think it's promotion for their restaurant joint venture.  Which, if that's the case, is not good promotion because I really know nothing about their restaurant.  Does it actually exist?

• Love 5
(edited)

Does Ramona know that Peter used to date/have sex with the same woman Mario cheated on her with? That right there would stop me - icky, gross, yuck!

Also, if they really are business partners, adding sex would be a bad idea. And who knows, maybe Ramona would be all over him but he doesn't want to have sex with her. I think he is filming with her because he likes being on tv, and maybe they think it's promotion for their restaurant joint venture. Which, if that's the case, is not good promotion because I really know nothing about their restaurant. Does it actually exist?

Online I found this:

AOA Bar & Grill

3.7 stars out of 5

20 Google reviews

$$ · Bar & Grill

35 6th Ave, New York, NY 10013

(212) 925-1600

Website

Directions

Menu: aoabarandgrillnyc.com

Located in the heart of SoHo and Trbeca, AOA is the largest American kitchen serving 25 craft beers, over 100 bottled beers on top, and cocktails, as well as a delicious menu filled with fresh food made with ingredients from local sustainable farms. The menu perfectly blends traditional Euro-pub favorites with American must-haves, all cooked on site in our full-size Texas smoker. Our bar is large with optimal seating, including booths and high-top tables, with 20 HD TVs so you won’t miss that important game. If you're looking for large portions of superb food, top 40 music, and continuous sports, you’ve come to the right place! This is an ideal location to come watch a game, grab a drink or some grub. Perfect for a casual and unforgettable Night Out!

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53cc1616e4b0f4361f8ace24/t/541ec9b0e4b04cb5faef2f33/1411303867894/

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

One other little thing.  (This is not a Heather ad.)  I read this article Heather wrote about her training and work for No Barriers - she's getting ready to do her big hike and she talks here about what she's getting from this work.

http://wellandgood.com/2015/07/28/heather-thomson-hiking-philanthropy-health/

It just reminds me that there is such a good show to be made - real women facing real challenges, or doing real things.  We saw it with Carole and Dorinda last week.  We saw it with Kristen, just a hint of it, as she tiptoed into charity.  And while we didn't see it with Heather on the show, we see what she's doing (and know she filmed it).

Bravo, are you listening?  If you can't stand to give up Housewives, couldn't you do THAT show also?  I don't care what you call it.  I don't even care who it stars.  (Please star Carole and Heather.)  But I think people are hungry for real stories about real women.  I know I am.  (Funny, too, yes!  You can be funny!  In fact, it's better if you are.  And yes, you need conflict. Conflict is healthy, in life and in narratives; conflict forces change and propels action.  I just hate the toxic, cruel, nastiness that seems to underlie this franchise lately.)

AMEN!!!!!  I said this in a post months ago.  There has been a definite turn for the worst and I think the viewers have shown it by not tuning in as we did before.  

I was watching Flipping Out this morning and saw a commercial announcing Bravo's Emmy nominations-  Top Chef, The Actor's Studio, Million Dollar Listing New York- I was a bit surprised at this one.  None of the HW shows made the cut- No surprise at all.  That got me thinking about Bravo shows that are no more but were very good (IMHO) and had very little to none of the HW type drama:

Kell on Earth

Nine by Design

The Rachel Zoe Project

It's a Brad Brad World

Million Dollar Decorators

Pregnant in Heels

The Ringleader (1x special event which I think should've been a series w/Kristin Banta)

• Love 3

AMEN!!!!!  I said this in a post months ago.  There has been a definite turn for the worst and I think the viewers have shown it by not tuning in as we did before.  

I was watching Flipping Out this morning and saw a commercial announcing Bravo's Emmy nominations-  Top Chef, The Actor's Studio, Million Dollar Listing New York- I was a bit surprised at this one.  None of the HW shows made the cut- No surprise at all.  That got me thinking about Bravo shows that are no more but were very good (IMHO) and had very little to none of the HW type drama:

Kell on Earth

Nine by Design

The Rachel Zoe Project

It's a Brad Brad World

Pregnant in Heels

The Ringleader (1x special event which I think should've been a series w/Kristin Banta)

None of these shows were watchable. The crazy was just in another form.

This episode reminded me of the RHONY that I used to know and love. It was nice to see a story line that did not involve housewives being at odds or involved in an endless story line of trying to unite one housewife with another. I like the charity events and house porn. I don't care to know about the one-night stands or hear Bethenney's comments about someone's sex life. 

• Love 12

Kell on Earth

Nine by Design

The Rachel Zoe Project

It's a Brad Brad World

Pregnant in Heels

I loved Pregnant In Heels.

• Love 4

When has Heather shortened someone's name after they asked her not to do so? The only person I ever remember even mentioning the shortened name thing was Beth (I will continue to do it and she can kiss my ass if she doesn't like it), and of course we've never heard Heather do it again.

she just calls everyone Mamma now. lol.

• Love 6

When has Heather shortened someone's name after they asked her not to do so? The only person I ever remember even mentioning the shortened name thing was Beth (I will continue to do it and she can kiss my ass if she doesn't like it), and of course we've never heard Heather do it again.

Here is what I like about Heather-when Bethenny made the snarky talking head comment about Heather shortening everyone's name- Heather in her blog said basically-so what, I'll do what I want to do.  Although I find the name shortening and nicknames slightly annoying, I would never say anything to Heather unless she nick named me Stinky or something unappealing  and it is miles ahead of Bethenny, who exaggerates and repeats herself to get her point across. Bethenny totally exaggerated the conversation between she and Heather poolside.

• Love 3
Her business partner/date has the oddest mouth and chin area. Something really slimy about him too. But maybe that's Ramona's type.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramona directed him to be flirty with her in their scenes, on the off-chance that Mario is watching and seeing what he's missing. I can't imagine legit business partners making eyes, and innuendo, at each other all the time…or rather, maybe it's Ramona making eyes and Peter kind of grinning in amusement (or politeness).

There are nice men to be had in her age group, but the way she dismissed Jonathan last season tells me that Ramona's not interested in the nice, loyal guy who's going to put up with her myriad tics. She's looking for the flashy guy who owns a room, and as others have state, a guy like that isn't looking for an age-appropriate girlfriend…or even a girlfriend, singular.

Actually, are there HWs over 50 who found good guys after their divorces? I know Vicki at least thinks Brooks is a good guy. Adrienne Maloof got her freak on with some 20something. I think Jeana Keough at one point was dating someone, the dad of Shane's teammate (?). Lynn Curtin is single. 

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4

Kell on Earth

Nine by Design

The Rachel Zoe Project

It's a Brad Brad World

Pregnant in Heels

I loved Million Dollar Decorators. The Watch What Crappens guys love mentioning that show. I loved loved Gallery Girls. The folks over at Grantland loved that show. I feel like folks loved dropping jokes about the show in comments on Gawker at the time. The Rachel Zoe Project went 5 seasons, which is a sight longer than RHoDC and RHoMiami. I don't think we always need DRAMA.

• Love 3

Actually, are there HWs over 50 who found good guys after their divorces? I know Vicki at least thinks Brooks is a good guy. Adrienne Maloof got her freak on with some 20something. I think Jeana Keough at one point was dating someone, the dad of Shane's teammate (?). Lynn Curtin is single. 

Carole... Luannn (is she 50?)... Lauri (was she 50?)... Dorinda... 

Edited by OhGromit

LuAnn just turned 50, so she was mid-40s when she met Jacques.

As for the others, I did say "good guys." :-) Not sure I'd want to date a guy who fondles other women in front of me (John).

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1