Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

He didn’t seem comfortable to me this weekend. It’s hard enough not feeling like you look like yourself, but to have the internet point it out too. Poor guy.

• Love 13
(edited)

Warning: includes mention of spoiler about major new character coming to the crossover (previously reported in spoilers and mind your surroundings threads), but non-spoilery fun stuff dominates this interview, so I'm posting it here...

Arrow cast #SDCC 2018 on IMDb
Published on Jul 22, 2018, by Arrow

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This is so petty, but I hate those glasses EBR is wearing. Like can't stand them with the fire of a thousand burning suns. (I generally don't like her glasses choices anyway, but these are the worst and totally nonsensical and just make her face look segmented and odd and between this and SA's beard... sigh.) Thank goodness for DR.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I mean, she's totally right. No OTA = not interested. But if it was their last interview couldn't they have just pushed on through? 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5
(edited)

I may come off sounding ungrateful here, because lord knows the cons seems stressful and who knows if they'd even had anything to eat, but come on guys -- you didn't have that many interviews and, unlike some other shows, only had one day of press. Maybe don't stay out til 5am partying and drinking the night before? 

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I mean, she's totally right. No OTA = not interested. But if it was their last interview couldn't they have just pushed on through? 

Yeah, that's disappointing to me from a professionalism standpoint. Canceling because you're sick - okay. Canceling because you're tired from a long day talking and being adored and catered to in an air-conditioned building? Eh.

• Love 18

They seem very unprofessional this year. I'm curious as to what is going on. I'm only reading transcripts from @tv echo because their interviews seem to be full of crap. 

Really curious if the casts from the other shows were also like this. 

Wonder if they are just really over the show and doing the bare minimal. 

• Love 2

I’ll give credit where credit is due. SA, DR, CH, JH and RG all seemed professional to me. My issues were with EK and EBR. Way too much joking around during interviews. 

• Love 8

That sucks. And if she specifically called out OTA, it means one (or two) of EBR, SA, and DR bailed. My first thought would be EBR because SA and DR were the most professional in all the other interviews (out of OTA; I thought JH and RG were also very well behaved) but isn’t she friends with Leanne in real life?

I’m glad that they have fun at these things but I wish they would take them a bit more seriously. I’m pretty sure I read a few years ago that actors get paid for their Comic Con appearances on top of their usual fees, so it’s very much a job and not just a chance to hang. The EW interview was probably the best. I’m assuming there is still one coming from TV Line because they are included in that site’s portrait gallery, so they definitely stopped by. I think we’re still waiting on Extra too.

• Love 5

She should've just carried on and done the interview because they wouldn't have given us anything OTA specific anyway or likely seated them together so what's the point?

Honestly, with a couple of exceptions I felt the whole cast was lackluster and had completely forgotten the reason they go to SDCC. They're there to promote their show/new season and I wasn't really getting that. And SA's wife was tagging along and getting her pics professionally taken with people, which would've wasted time. It was just a disaster, IMO.

• Love 12

It does suck, but I find myself not really caring about missing that interview tbh. So far none of the interviews delivered any real spoilers, or anything to get excited about, so it's one less thing for me to sit through lol. I feel like scheduling was awful this year. IGN was scheduled at 5, which was when their panel was meant to end, which I believe ran over a few minutes. I know that things in SDCC are relatively close by, but scheduling should have been done with more care imo. The other shows got all the big news site out of the way early, before most of their panels and kept some of the smaller ones for after.

• Love 9

I'll give Supergirl a pass since, though I can't quote anyone right now, I seem to recall they had something out before SDCC about not doing press. Then Melissa Benoist did some anyway so that seemed more a bonus than anything. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

To seemingly cancel an interview because you may not have all 3 of OTA there is rude in of itself. 

Yeah, they could have done the interview without the whole cast, wouldn't be the first time. But I wonder if the fact that Flash panel was also overtime had anything to do with it. If it were me, I'd let my stars off and make the newer cast attend, that way the mains don't have to wait around but the interview is still fulfilled. But if it were me the cast would look 100+ better, have real talking points, and be behaved because I know how to do my job lol. I hate the CW can't wait to be disconnected from it.

To be petty, SA, DR and CH get my respect.  RG was good in interviews but I still hate Rene.  EK and EBR should never be allowed to do interviews together because they bring out the worst in each other.  Giggling through interviews and not giving any real substantive remarks to journalists is completely unprofessional.  JH should get bra fittings because she fiddled with hers through the interviews and that's distracting not in a good way.

LOL that Tonya Kong's pic of OTA got 221 likes, and the one of NTA got 7, with two comments about how they aren't liked. I don't know how the writers can keep ignoring how much they aren't liked.

7 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Good for him to coming out and answering honestly. It must hurt to have the internet comment on it.  Brave to address it directly.

• Love 5
(edited)

Still no video, but here's Newsarama's then live play-by-play of yesterday's Arrow panel - I've quoted only the nonspoilery bits below (spoilery bits are quoted in the Spoilers thread, or just go to article link to read)...

SDCC 2018: The CW's ARROW
By Kat Calamia  July 21, 2018
https://www.newsarama.com/41005-sdcc-2018-the-cw-s-arrow.html

07/21/2018 19:27
They are introducing the panelists
07/21/2018 19:29
There is a lot of female energy and it's very important to the cast
07/21/2018 19:38
We are up to audience questions

07/21/2018 19:40
The girl from last year who got a necklace from Stephen is back and returning the necklace. Stephen is giving her a bow!
07/21/2018 19:43
Canadians put ketchup on everything

07/21/2018 19:44
Feliggle is the friendship of Diggle and Felicity

07/21/2018 19:46
Stephen loves to practice archery

07/21/2018 19:46
He asks the fan what bow he uses because the show inspired to practice archery

07/21/2018 19:47
The audience is giving a round of applause for Quinten Lance

Paul was a calming influence on the show

Paul is a comedian and he has no idea the cast says
07/21/2018 19:50
How does Stephen keep his mask on? - Stephen says with all due respect, mind your own business. Emily wants to know the answer to that question. Stephen says it just stays on. Emily replies that there are some weird super powers out there
07/21/2018 19:52
The cast are now talking about fatherhood on the show
07/21/2018 19:56
Stephen will not be doing American Ninja Warrior again - he's not an athlete.
07/21/2018 19:57
That's the end of the panel, thank you for joining us

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The thing for me with SDCC, and the interviews in general, is that it’s supposed to generate excitement amongst your audience / fanbase after a long hiatus, and in the case of Arrow, a less than satisfying season.

If some of the cast don’t really seem to be interested in doing that, then they can’t be surprised if the audience don’t show up after they’ve been given very little or nothing to be curious about seeing.  

I’m the most disappointed in Emily and Echo at the round table interviews. In one post I saw they didn’t even give the reporters an opportunity to ask a single question. It was just off tangent jokes the entire time.  

If I was a reporter in that group, I’d be annoyed that they completely wasted my time, because everyone at that table is there to do job, including the actors. 

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 5

And he’s directing the crossover episode again. You think he uses the producer credit to get the big episodes? I do.

CP knows Oliver is more attractive then Barry. She’s smart.

• Love 3

No, especially considering he was given big episodes before he got a producer credit if memory serves correctly. They most likely use him as much as they do because he is hella lota cheaper then bringing in bigger directors and they try to save as much money as possible for these things.

I dont know why they dont bring in a single director for the crossover nowadays. These things are begging to be released in a movie edit after they air and they arent supposed to be "episodes" anymore unless last year was the only time they wanted it to be that way.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Did we really end SDCC without the traditional OTA or Delicity pic from DR?

Officially the worst. 

He did take one, but hasn't posted it yet. There are other pics of him taking the pic when they were at the signing booth. One thing to look forward to? 

9 hours ago, Trisha said:

That sucks. And if she specifically called out OTA, it means one (or two) of EBR, SA, and DR bailed. My first thought would be EBR because SA and DR were the most professional in all the other interviews (out of OTA; I thought JH and RG were also very well behaved) but isn’t she friends with Leanne in real life?

Can't rule anyone out but since EBR is the youngest and the one with the most energy usually, I'm less likely to think she'd bail unless someone else bailed first.  My first thought was actually SA because he brought the significant other that was probably half bored all day.  And if you lose the star of the show, I think the interviewer would be that much more inclined not to follow through.  

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Why is JH doing the canary cry pose in most of the pics? ??

Yeah, she really does look a bit ridiculous in the EW group photo. Everyone around her looks completely normal, so her Canary Cry pose sticks out like a sore thumb. That's strange to say the least. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 3
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Raleigh Supercon, July 27-29, 2018 (NC)
John Barrowman  (also Sam Witwer)
http://raleighsupercon.com/guests/
Schedule
Saturday (7/28) at 12:45pm - Sam Witwer Spotlight Q&A panel
Saturday (7/28) at 3:45pm - John Barrowman Spotlight Q&A panel

London Film & Comic Con, July 27-29, 2018 (UK)
James Callis (also Arthur Darvill (Sun. only))
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/allguests/tv-and-film
Schedule
Friday (7/27) at 12:00pm - Battlestar Galactica panel (incl. James Callis)
Sunday (7/29 at 3:55pm - Battlestar Galactica panel (incl. James Callis)
(Arthur Darvill does not appear to have an individual panel scheduled, only photo ops, although he might be part of a scheduled "Tardis" panel.)

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I don’t know if this is related to the cast missing the ET interview but someone meet EBR yesterday and said she had lost her voice. 

Seeming confirmation from her IG story. The glasses make it art.

DizKDvcXUAoM3Gd.jpg

• Love 13

This isn't specific to Arrow, but it reflects the vibe a lot of people on the Board were picking up on with the Arrow cast.  It seems like even the entertainment press--Chris Hayner, Leanne Aguilera, Vlada Gellman, Lauren Galloway--felt like something was off with SDCC this year:

Was it the lack of Marvel/Star Wars? Or are people getting tired?

• Love 2