Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Another child fan asked SA how he keeps his mask on because, in close-ups, there's no elastic. SA: "With due respect, mind your own business." EBR: "I'd also like to know the answer to that question." SA: "It just stays on." EBR: "Some weird superpowers out there."

I don't why but this whole exchange made me laugh so much.

Thanks you, @tv echo for keeping us all up to date. I really appreciated it. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I don't why but this whole exchange made me laugh so much.

Thanks you, @tv echo for keeping us all up to date. I really appreciated it. 

A lot of people found it funny. Unfortunately, even though the mom knew it was a joke, the kid was crushed by it. She responded underneath SA’s “airport waiting on jarpad...” tweet a day or so later and said he was still upset.

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Unfortunately, even though the mom knew it was a joke, the kid was crushed by it.

Not surprised at all. I couldn't believe SA said that to a kid, he's usually good with them. Know your audience, Steve, before you insult them.

That's a kid who lost his hero.

• Love 10

I think SA's joke was stupid and he shouldn't have said what he said, but a kid that's not old enough to understand sarcasm shouldn't be watching Arrow, and certainly shouldn't consider GA/SA his hero.

• Love 12

Well I'm a bad person, because I laughed. SA has joked that way with other kids who have not only rolled with it, but managed to give it back to him. (Addison from Atlanta, you're still my favorite. And David Ramsey's.) I feel bad that the kid was upset about it, but since his mom understood it was a joke, hopefully she's been able to explain that to him in a way that assuaged his feelings.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I think SA's joke was stupid and he shouldn't have said what he said, but a kid that's not old enough to understand sarcasm shouldn't be watching Arrow, and certainly shouldn't consider GA/SA his hero.

He probably does understand sarcasm when it's directed at other people. He wasn't expecting it directed at himself. A lot of adults have trouble dealing with that. too.

Maybe he shouldn't consider GA and the actor who plays him a heros. But better them than a lot of politicians, sports figures and actors who have been in the new lately for nefarious reasons.

• Love 2
(edited)

Next weekend's comic con and upcoming TCA tour (updated, with schedules)...

Comic Con Honolulu, August 3-5, 2018 (HI)
Katie Cassidy, Katrina Law and Kelly Hu
https://comicconhonolulu.com
Schedule
Sun. (8/5) at 12:00pm - "Honolulu to Hollywood: Kelly Hu Q&A" panel
Sun. (8/5) at 3:15pm - "Arrow, The Flash, Supernatural and More with Katie Cassidy" panel
Sun. (8/5) at 4:15pm - "Heroes vs Villains: Katrina Law Q&A" panel

Television Critics Association (TCA) Summer 2018 Press Tour, July 25-August 8, 2018 (Pasadena, CA):
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

August 1 – Studio Day/Set Visits
August 2 – FOX/FX
August 3 – FOX/FX
August 4 – TCA Business Meeting/Hulu Day Spa/TCA Awards
August 5 – CBS
August 6 – The CW/Showtime
August 7 – Disney-ABC
August 8 – NBC Universal

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I haven't listened to this yet. Will be interested to see if Anna makes them play the weird improv games she usually does on her podcast:

Edited by Trisha
(edited)

I listened to it and here are some parts transcribed...

All quotes are from SA unless stated otherwise.

SA: “I have a little bit of a… I wouldn’t say it’s a bad reputation… but it’s like, I get stories told about, like, the way that I am on set. I’ve talked with our crew and I’ve said, ‘Do you guys wanna fucking sing Kumbaya, like, and, tell funny stories? Or do you want to get the day done?’ And everyone says ‘I want to get the day done’.” So… that’s what we do!”

SA: “I saw the guy, earlier, who was mean to Kate Winslet in The Holiday and I wanted to punch him right in the face.”

S: “Could I have a random aside? The smartest thing that you guys have ever done is, uh, folding in Michael Rosenbaum and his podcast. He’s fantastic. I did his podcast. And he gets you to open up about things that you would never expect to talk about at all.

Like, I’ve never talked about the fact that, that I’m divorced. Right? And he goes, ‘Hey, so you were married before, huh? You’re divorced.’ It’s like meditative.”

(More about this in a quote further down.) 

S: “My right ball gets sore and then I g to the chiropractor and my hip gets adjusted… it’s like a reverse orgasm. It’s fantastic.”

S: “Boobs are the best. I love boobs so much.”

S: “I’ve never dated an asshole, but the most important thing that ever happened to me, like, outside of my kid being born, stuff like that, was a girl broke my heart. And that was the most important thing that ever happened.”

(Anna Faris talks some about closure and how it gives you scars.)

“I still fucking love my ex. So much. Right? Super important part of my life. She broke my heart. She left me for dead. And that made me a way better person.”

(Anna asks if he loves her because she broke his heart or [goes off on a tangent about personal rejection and nostalgia].)

“You know, when I think about my ex, I don’t think about the end of it. I think about… I think about the fucking amazing times. I think about the fact that we, you know, that we used to stay at the cottage on Sunday night. And, like, I think about times in Muskoka where nobody was there, you know, it was just the two of us cause everybody drives back down to the city. And it would just be us, out in a boat, having a drunk, watching the sunset. That’s what I think about.”

S: “I’ve only done one vengeful thing. My ex called me a ‘starving artist’ even though I definitely supported us through most of our relationship and so my corporation is called Well Fed Artist.”

S: “After I got divorced my sister says, Do you think you’ll have a serious relationship ever again? And I said Do you know what I want? I want to find a beautiful girl who loves sports from Texas. I actually said that. Cassandra was born on Houston, loves sports, and was Miss Corpus Christi… [chuckles]”.

Stephen and Colton also joked about on set pet peeves; about being married to one another and being secretly in love; Stephen about his hip over rotating and how the pain presents itself by his right ball getting sore and how getting it adjusted is like a reverse orgasm… they had also had to give relationship advice for a fake caller which Stephen was very, very cynical about.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 3

I can't say I'm surprised about his comments about his ex. He definitely gives off a vibe whenever he mentions her that he's still not over that relationship. 

• Love 9

The weirdest part isn't what he says, it's that he brings it up out of the blue. They were talking about something completely unrelated and he just brings up Rosenbaum and his first marriage. 

Overall it's a really hard interview to follow, they just hop all over the damn place. At a point I wondered whether it was horribly edited, but I think that's just how it went. 

Also, if you happened to miss it, they're on a fucking boat. Couldn't someone have slipped Colton a Dramamine? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

At a point I wondered whether it was horribly edited, but I think that's just how it went. 

Yeah, I think this was just a bad interview. I listen to this podcast from time to time and in my experience it's pretty easy to follow. 

• Love 2

Good to hear, because I was going to ask whether it was normally this bad and non-sensical. I don’t mind whimsical, but this seemed like weird experimental theatre.

Hope his wife has a side piece, especially after that interview. He could’ve saved it by saying he didn’t expect to find love again but he did, and praise her some. Instead, he made it sound like he wanted a trophy wife and that’s what he considers her. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I actually feel bad for his wife. The most important things that have happened to him is the birth of his child and his first wife? Yikes. 

I always knew that he had some issues with his ex-wife, just by the way he's always talked about her - he's seemed hung up. Hearing him talk about her the way he did here, not that he should hate her or anything, but...I can't imagine hearing my husband talk his ex-wife the way Stephen talked about his in that interview and feeling very good about it. Especially not the way he mentioned Cassandra in comparison (if he said anything about her beyond wanting a sports-loving girl from Texas and finding one, I missed it). 

• Love 3

That’s where Colton jumped in and talked about how she’s the best person ever.

The impression I’m getting (supported by absolutely no evidence) is that he received some news about the ex, maybe that she’s pregnant or something. It just sounds like something set him off.

• Love 1

That's embarassing, but I kinda should have expected it from him. He's not one to know when to shut up, and this was one of those occasions where he could have done with that skill. Obviously I feel sorry for his current wife, who'd want to be with someone who's so obsessed over their ex. I also feel quite sorry for his ex wife too. Imagine wanting to get on with your life and having your ex husband make interviews like that. 

• Love 1

I wonder if his company predates the current marriage? Because I would take issue with my husband naming his company as a dig at his ex. I mean maybe that’s the deal they made, he gets a trophy wife and she gets a trophy life and they do their own thing.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm surprised that he says he supported her, because she's really successful in Toronto. (But maybe she wasn't at the time they were together). Also, was the caller who wanted relationship advice fake? That's weird. Maybe it's because it was being taped at SDCC but I listen to her podcast on the regular, and it's usually real listeners who call in. 

Also, that set quote makes me think the thing that the paps always say about his reputation with the crew might not be that far off? 
Edited by Trisha

I'm going to assume that SA has a very honest relationship with his wife, that she knows about his balls, naming of the company, and that he still loves his first wife since it was his first love but that he loves his new wife and wouldn't trade her in.

Anna should've asked "if your first wife comes around today saying she wants to be with you what would you do?"

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm surprised that he says he supported her, because she's really successful in Toronto. (But maybe she wasn't at the time they were together). Also, was the caller who wanted relationship advice fake? That's weird. Maybe it's because it was being taped at SDCC but I listen to her podcast on the regular, and it's usually real listeners who call in. 

Also, that set quote makes me think the thing that the paps always say about his reputation with the crew might not be that far off? 

From what I recall, she was the primary breadwinner. Which doesn’t mean he didn’t contribute, but I think this comment is more about his pride taking a hit than what was actually the case at the time.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm going to assume that SA has a very honest relationship with his wife, that she knows about his balls, naming of the company, and that he still loves his first wife since it was his first love but that he loves his new wife and wouldn't trade her in.

It's obvious to complete strangers that he's still hung up on something with his ex wife, I certainly hope it'd be obvious to his wife. I also hope that they discussed him spilling his guts about this on a podcast, and that he didn't just put all of this out there on his own in the way that he did it, which IMO leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Love 3

So the cynical side of me says that he did this purposely. Didn’t he say he spoke in depth on about this on that other podcast (not yet released I think)? Maybe whatever he said about his ex makes things look worse, and he thinks this will soften the blow.

E! wrote an article about the podcast but they focused on Colton's comments instead of Stephen's:

Colton Haynes "Learning to Be More Positive" Amid Jeff Leatham Divorce
https://www.eonline.com/news/956385/colton-haynes-learning-to-be-more-positive-amid-jeff-leatham-divorce

"I'm learning right now. I'm going through something and I'm learning to be more positive and learning that the basic thing is people change," Colton shared on the latest Anna Faris is Unqualified podcast episode. "People can become super positive. I have to accept that because I'm a little negative. But if you're happy, you're happy."

And at one point into the podcast, Colton couldn't help but express his feelings about his situation.

"I'm not trying to get emotional but I'm going through some s--t right now," he shared. "I'm very candid so I say what I feel and that's life. We've been doing this for like an hour and I'm sorry."

A supportive Anna replied, "Our dude listeners cherish it because we all go through the same f--king s--t."

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So the cynical side of me says that he did this purposely. Didn’t he say he spoke in depth on about this on that other podcast (not yet released I think)? Maybe whatever he said about his ex makes things look worse, and he thinks this will soften the blow.

I don't know - I would think he'd learn about being publicly messy where this woman is concerned by now, but he doesn't seem to be able to help himself. When he was on Aisha's podcast he talked about how when they separated she basically had to threaten him with legal action because he was harassing her because he thought she cheated on him.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't know - I would think he'd learn about being publicly messy where this woman is concerned by now, but he doesn't seem to be able to help himself. When he was on Aisha's podcast he talked about how when they separated she basically had to threaten him with legal action because he was harassing her because he thought she cheated on him.

@apinknightmare I remember that. I still cringe over it. I do think he’s just as messy, but with a better understanding of  social media. Now just because I think he has a better understanding of it, doesn’t mean he knows how to use it properly. I can imagine that maybe he got carried away in the podcast with Michael, and decided to bring it up in this podcast so that one’s not so jarring.  Because he really was not asked about divorce or ex relationships, he brought up all on his own. 

I'm so embarrassed just reading this stuff, power to anyone who listens to that podcast. Yikes. 

I don't feel sorry for his current wife at all, she probably knows exactly what she married and stays with him but dude, have some decorum or self-awareness about what your words imply. Because I'm not getting good vibes at all. I hope he gets some therapy because he needs it.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This I didn't know. Or fogot. Dude. 

It's totally obvious that Stephen has issues/is still hung up on his ex wife. But it's also totally obvious that Stephens current wife is quite happy in her life of not professionally working, partying, vacationing and enjoying her moderately wealthy lifestyle. 

I feel bad in the sense that it's probably a little emabarrassing for her to hear her husband wax on poetical about his ex and still harbouring bitterness, but I can't feel sorry for her perse since she seems quiet content with her lifestyle even if her husband made her sound intentionally or unintentionally like a trophy wife. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

When he was on Aisha's podcast he talked about how when they separated she basically had to threaten him with legal action because he was harassing her because he thought she cheated on him.

Bloody hell, this man is awful. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Also I guess Stephen basically confirmed for us all that he is indeed an asshole to the crew on set. And an unapologetic one at that. 

Edited by Mary0360
  • Love 6

I didn't get the feeling that he's obsessed with his ex wife but I'm basing that on the comments here.  My husband would talk about his ex-wife and the good time they had but I knew that the relationship was done. It wasn't in interviews, but he wasn't interviewed that much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

When he was on Aisha's podcast he talked about how when they separated she basically had to threaten him with legal action because he was harassing her because he thought she cheated on him.

Oh, I remember that! It was so weird because he was still pretending that they hadn't been married. He talked about how he thought she had cheated on him when they were together and he went out with his friends and got really drunk and then sent her such a bad email that she threatened to take legal action. It was a weird story to share publicly.

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't get the feeling that he's obsessed with his ex wife but I'm basing that on the comments here.  My husband would talk about his ex-wife and the good time they had but I knew that the relationship was done. It wasn't in interviews, but he wasn't interviewed that much.

This interview doesn't necessarily ping for me on its own, it's this interview combined with other things he's said about her and their relationship in the past. It seems to be a topic of conversation that he can't help but bring up, and her rejection of him seems to be something he dwells on and something that motivates him in ways that don't seem particularly healthy (and that relationship, the way he talks about it, doesn't seem particularly healthy either). 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This interview doesn't necessarily ping for me on its own, it's this interview combined with other things he's said about her and their relationship in the past. It seems to be a topic of conversation that he can't help but bring up, and her rejection of him seems to be something he dwells on and something that motivates him in ways that don't seem particularly healthy (and that relationship, the way he talks about it, doesn't seem particularly healthy either). 

Yep yep. It seems he clearly hasn't dealt with his emotions regarding his ex. Therapy's a good thing, my guy! 

• Love 1

Whoa this is absolutely fascinating in a train wreck kinda way.

I wonder if he loves current wife at all and in what kind of way? You'd think after how many years and a kid together he'd grow fond of her even if he did settle for her. She seems very suited to him. Did he say anything nice about her besides the fact that she's pretty and likes sports cuz I didn't see it? 

Naming the company that he presumably runs with current wife as a dig over first wife..........so many yikes.

Why does current wife put up with this? I am an advocate of sensibly settling but dude is giving crazy ass interviews all over the place about his ex. The thing about the boat, the memories and the ex.............

haha I have sooooo many questions! Is he going to obsess over first wife forever? Will he ever find true love? Lol I don't even like the dude but it's a long life to feel the way he does. So fascinating!!!!!!!! Good train wreck gossip!

I'm curious to know if his wife was on the boat when he was doing the podcast? She was around for everything else that day.

This was an important cautionary tale about rebound relationships. I hope Colton and Anna were paying attention!

• Love 1