Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Was so hoping EK would be paired with the other noobies.  Sigh.   

So glad to see DR is there.  

Last year it felt like they were paired because of her anxiety.  This year I get the feeling it's to sprinkle love on Curtis. I think that's why all of the newbs are getting more attention.  

16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

She just really likes dry shampoo. LOL.

DipFYbZUwAAr4eb.jpg

...for those times when you don't have time to shower! :D

• Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Last year it felt like they were paired because of her anxiety.  This year I get the feeling it's to sprinkle love on Curtis. I think that's why all of the newbs are getting more attention. 

The ability of Arrow show runners/brass to misread situations never fails to astound me.  You want me to like the dumb asses again - shove them in the background for a good, long while.  All this is doing is making me dislike EK.  And still hate and want Curtis to die.  

EBR deserves better than to have to fix mistakes not of her making - and if this signals that Felicity is going to get saddled with that waste of space Curtis - I am going to be even more annoyed.  

• Love 12

I really sympathozed with SA and DR who were trying to get the rest on track there for a while. It was a bit like herding cats. Although, to be fair, it's really just the front row. 

CH was an amusingly good sport about being teased about sports. And points to EBR for her KC/BC answer. Pretty good, although not perfect. It's strong female woman. 

• Love 1

I can't figure out whether EBR's anxiety makes her go too far the other way to conceal/deal with it or whether she's just a bit hyper. She doesn't seem to be like this in her solo interviews that happen outside of SDCC. I feel like it's just the SDCC environment?

I think that if Emily is so nervous/anxious for these things that she needs to be paired with someone and Chico and/or Emily insist on her pairing up with Echo, they should just not make her do it. It really doesn't do anything for anyone, and then the journalists wouldn't have to stop at a table and waste time. It's got to be kind of irritating, especially for the people who didn't make it to everyone because of time constraints. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I wonder what is in those cups they're drinking from.  It seems like the alcohol started flowing early.

When I first say CH, I thought he was Barrowman.

3 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

The ability of Arrow show runners/brass to misread situations never fails to astound me.  You want me to like the dumb asses again - shove them in the background for a good, long while.  All this is doing is making me dislike EK.  And still hate and want Curtis to die. 

MG and WM maybe be gone ... but it looks like the inability to read the audience gets passed down with the position.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)

EBR didn’t used to be so squirrel! at Comic Con. Just the last couple of appearances with Echo.

I wonder if it has something to do with the last time she did solo interviews. That was when she had a few moments with different journalists, Tv Fanatic and that one guy who was degrading Felicity. 

Maybe that gave her anxiety specific to SDCC.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

MG and WH maybe be gone ... but it looks like the inability to read the audience gets passed down with the position.

Given the reaction to last season, I thought Beth would make an effort to re-energize fans for the upcoming season, but not so much. I know she doesn't want a lot of spoilers out there, but you have to give the fans something to be excited about. Telling us the show is going back to the sadness and darkness of S1 isn't it, especially when so many fans hated the way the show went about isolating Oliver last season. This show is long past the point when it can coast by on audience goodwill. 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

EBR didn’t used to be so squirrel! at Comic Con. Just the last couple of appearances with Echo.

I wonder if it has something to do with the last time she did solo interviews. That was when she had a few moments with different journalists, Tv Fanatic and that one guy who was degrading Felicity. 

Maybe that gave her anxiety specific to SDCC.

I’d heard about tv fanatic. There were others?

I can’t remember the exact wording but one of the guys at the table questioned what Felicity brought to Team cause she wasn’t a hero.

It offended her. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I can’t remember the exact wording but one of the guys at the table questioned what Felicity brought to Team cause she wasn’t a hero.

It offended her. 

Yeah, it was something like this. Emily didn't even try to hide the fact she was insulted and gave him a great answer.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, olicityfan25 said:

Oh the strong/patriarchy question. Was that the one?

No that was a different time, at least from the one I'm thinking of. The one I'm thinking of was something like "when will Felicity learn to fight so she can contribute to the team?" And EBR said "Offended" and then gave a great answer about what FS brings to the team as tech.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I cracked up at this photo. Emily has converted Cass with those shoes ?

I can't imagine looking at those ugly-ass shoes and wanting a pair for yourself. They're somehow even more hideous in black. 

• Love 2

Ugh. This makes me pissed at MG all over again. I've been trying to parse her words to figure out if he's one of the people she "didn't wish to communicate with anyway," or if it was just random people on the internet.

• Love 4
(edited)

I dont know...I dont think she did mean MG.  I would think if she meant from within it would be in the general CW hierarchy then anyone on Berlantis team. Though I take her answer as in general.

Edited by Primal Slayer

I always read my Twitter TL with a healthy dose of skepticism, but yeah, I now think it's more likely than not that she was talking about MG. So glad he's (mostly) gone.

And who says people can't surprise you? I'll be damned, Matt.  ?

• Love 6

I hope they have Oliver deal with the beard situation sooner rather than later for SA's sake if no one else's. That thing is strangely patchy on the side. Or just slap on the one they used in the series premiere. This does not look good. 

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

I hope they have Oliver deal with the beard situation sooner rather than later for SA's sake if no one else's. That thing is strangely patchy on the side. Or just slap on the one they used in the series premiere. This does not look good. 

hehe it looks like a bald patch on one side!!!!!

Must be so hard to eat with that thing! Imagine eating a laksa or something with that!

(edited)
20 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't think whateber Colton is doing to his face is making him any favors, but I guess it's up to him. 

I can't put my finger on what it is... Maybe a combination of weight gain and eyeliner or botox in some places. He doesn't look the same to me but then again the guy had a really rough year and I hope he is doing ok. Losing your mom and getting divorced is something horrible and I hope he has a good support system. After all he admitted to struggling with depression and anxiety.

I don't know what is more unappealing to me ... SA's beard, EBR's glasses or the platform shoes that everyone apparently considers 'cool' now. They're not. They weren't cool in the 90's, they aren't cool now. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3